Comlite Communication Software Ratings

Overall

About Comlite Communication Software

Reduces patient waiting times, streamlines patient flow, and increases the capacity for doctor exam time, making your office more efficient and profitable! Enables staff to show up where you want, when you want, with what you want. Provides a real-time snap-shot of all staff and patient activity throughout the office including which room doctors are in, how many patients are waiting and which room they need to go next. Learn more about Comlite Communication Software

Julia G.

“Comlite is good!”

OverallOverall Comlite is good, it could definitely be better and I hope they are making advances to make it even better. There are other companies who do similiar work but have continued to optimize it and have surpassed comlite. If comlite doesnt' continue to change and upgrade their system, I think we will switch to another company.
Pros1. I can chat with my staff at ease and make groups 2. I know exactly when a patient is ready for me or when one is ready to be screened 3. I like the color options to differentiate me from the other doctors 4. I like that I can make a 4x5 grid 5. I like that it can be in the background 6. I like the blinking colors so that we can differentiate when a pt should be picked up 7. I like the timer function
Cons1. The chat doesn't always work because you can get kicked offline easily 2. This is great when it works, sometimes the system kicks off but doesn't let you know so I have no idea that a pt is waiting for me bc I don't see a blinking light 3. Need more color options, in this day and age, you should be able to put any and all colors in there 4. Need more grids! I tried to make a 3x5 or 3x6 and it's not available so it wasn't as useful as I thought, but also the words in the circles can get small and cut off so you can't see it. 5. It sometimes pops up at the most inopportune times 6. Again, somtimes it's doesn't work and it's quite frustrating
Micha M.

“Easy to use”

OverallIt has been great! It took over a year to convenience my boss to let me do the trial period. Now we have it where the box is on the lower left of everyone's screen and out of the way. If they are reviewing x-rays or typing notes, the box can be minimized.
ProsThe software was so easy to install and use. In years past, we had the wall mount units. Over the years, the wall units were damaged or buttons missing. When we researched a replacement, we could not find anything that could do the same functions and be easy for both front and back office staff. We were reluctant to try it out at first because of it being on the computer and worried the doctors and staff would not be able to see or hear if a patient was here. Not the case! So easy and if the Comlite box is minimized on the screen, if someone clicks a button ( no matter who it is for) the box pops back up on the screen so each room can see.
ConsThe annual fees for software support, but who likes fees. No, the only thing that I have noticed that can be a little catchy is that if you are typing a word document or posting a payment in your software and someone presses a button, you may need to check your document because it seems to take control over your computer for that second. It is not a big problem as long as you know to just check before proceeding.
Christopher E.
E.D.D.A.

“Comlite LAN4000”

OverallThis is a much better system that the old box system that Comlite started with. Communication in the office has improved as well as time efficiency. If not for the delays between the work stations this would be an ideal way to communicate.
ProsThe Comlite LAN400 software is very easy to Use. One of the best functions of the software is that you can communicate with several work stations. The texting feature of the software allows you to talk/text without the hassle of getting up and wasting time to go and find/ communicate with another staff member to relay information. The chimes can be personalized for individuals when needed.
ConsThe biggest downfall to the software is that you have to close the program to reset and correlate the software when there is a delay to the buttons. This is a timely process and happens frequently. At times the delay is so bad to other work stations it will take up to 30 seconds for the system to respond. At that point you have pressed the button several times so you will have a minute of "bings" that just gets to be annoying. At least at that point, you know it's time to reset the software again.

By Comlite Systems on February 25, 2019
Thank you for your comments. The delays you are experiencing are a Windows technical issue that we can address. We will have one of our support representatives contact you. Or you may contact us at your first convenience

“Nice communication system”

Overall It allows us to communicate a lot of information to each other without having to run around the office and the patient is not even usually aware that any communication is taking place. The way we have it set up, the front desk can notify each individual room when the patient has arrived and the assistants and hygienists can notify the Dr. as to when they are needed in what room to begin treatment or for an exam. We can also send text messages to each other without speaking in front of the patients which is good for HIPAA considerations. We also set up different audible tones to alert us to the different communications even if we are not looking at the screen.
ProsI love that it was customizable to our practice. It allows us to communicate a lot of information to each other without having to run around the office and the patient is not even usually aware that any communication is taking place.
ConsWhen typing on the computer, if a communication comes through Comlite, the computer temporarily freezes which can be annoying. We initially were experiencing that Comlite was not working properly, but after we started restarting the administrator computer nightly, we have not had many issues with that.
Steve C.
Co-Owner
February 17, 2019

“Helpful for every team member”

Overallwe don't have to yell down the hall. We all know when the next patient is ready, or the staff member is ready for the doctor.
ProsWe can target individuals for specific messages. We can also broadcast to all users the same message, so everyone is informed at the same time. It works best as a text-sharing system.
ConsIt doesn't seem to be keeping up with technology - I'm very much not an IT expert, but my professionals are not impressed with how it integrates into a network environment. What I notice is one message is sometimes repeated several times in the text box. If I'm typing in, say, an email, the text box will flash on the screen but disappear with my next keystroke. I hope I notice it to check to see if the message was for me. Also, the text messages don't automatically scroll in the textbox so I have to constantly delete them or scroll down manually - I wish the most recent messages would push the old ones off the screen.

By Comlite Systems on February 18, 2019
Thank you for your your response. We have many changes in the works to address some of these issues
Sandi Z.
February 15, 2019

“Great way to communicate within the office without being personally interrupted ”

ProsComlite lets us see and hear the activity of patients throughout the office; it benefits the entire dental team. You can keep it on you computer screen at all times; you can also enlarge it and move it around. The chimes and lights allows us to know when a patient has arrived or when they are moved from one place to another. Let's the Dr. know without interrupting him when and where he is needed. The ability to text without leaving your seat is priceless; the auto messages save time. As an office manager when I need to talk to any of the clinical staff, it is helpful to look at the Comlite from my desk and know if they are available or not. Lets you work smarter not harder.
ConsThe only con is it interrupts our typing while putting data anywhere in our dental sofeware. When you are typing, you look up and realize you have been typing but nothing is appearing because of the comlite interruption. A small price to pay for the good it does.
Alfred P.
February 11, 2019

“Comlite is the right choice”

ProsAfter reviewing several other products we decided on Comlite for several reasons. CSR one of the owners personally took the time to listen to our needs and then make the recommendation. The system was easy to install and very easy to use. We are a very busy practice with 3 providers and various other users needing to know where each provider is and where they need to go, this system captured that. I appreciate the ability to customize the buttons and the sequencing is very helpful. Service is helpful and always same day. Lastly, cost make this a very attractive product. Highly recommend! Dr Pinto
ConsI would like to be able to add more than the maximum 16 buttons. Hope to see this option in the future. even with the current 16 buttons Comlite has been great for our practice.

By Comlite Systems on February 12, 2019
Al, You can use a 4x5 or a 5x5 template to add more buttons. Go to "Setup" on the Comlite Administrator station, then the screen tab and choose your layout. You can have 20 or 25 buttons depending on your need. Tom
February 11, 2019
Caroline R.
Office Director/ CDA

“Comlite is great”

OverallThis is a very effective in-office communication program. We can alert each individual provider when their patient arrives and when they are seated. The hygienists are able to easily let the doctors know that they are ready for exam and it stays on the operatory monitors until it is cleared by the examining doctor. This helps each doctor know if the other has completed the exam. We use headsets but still find Comlite to be a very useful tool in our practice!
ProsComlite is very easy to use. This program is a huge asset for our entire team to know who needs to be where and when! We have been using it for many years and have had very few issues. Any time we have had an issue, they are quick to resolve it by speaking directly to us.
ConsThere is really nothing negative to say about the program. The simple, yet effective settings help to make it personalized just for you. Getting everyone efficiently using the program was the bigger challenge I guess. Now everyone uses it and it is great!
Dawn C.
February 26, 2019

“Liking the Comlite System”

ProsWe previously had the old Comlite system and it stopped functioning. I wanted something that would be compatible with the computer and not have to install extra wiring. Everyone in the office has their own call light and ring tone. I also like the texting feature to communicate with another employee several rooms away.
ConsYou have to turn the system on at the administrative computer or the ring tone can't be heard everywhere or there is a few seconds lag time in the sound and lights.

By Comlite Systems on February 27, 2019
Dawn, Thank you for your nice review. FYI - The Comlite Administrative Station is the Comlite Server and must be open for all stations to communicate. If you have any other questions please call.
William B.

“Long time consumer”

OverallEffective communication without having to shout. Makes the schedule run smoothly when people actually respond to their page. Not your issue. I have been a Comlite customer for decades---long before it was computer software. Had the wall mounted units for many years. That is what made me choose this computer software
ProsEase of use. integrates well with current dental software.
ConsWish there were more updates. Was told my annual licensing fee would include updates. Have only seen two in 7 years. Would like to pay less per year on years that there are no updates--which is most years. Also, customer rep. could be less condescending to my team. He comes across as arrogant and demeaning sometimes, like they are stupid.
Christina M.

“Years of use”

ProsWe have been using Comlite for 10+ years. We love it. The new software allows it to just live on your screen & makes communicating between rooms easy. You can assign beeps for different people & text between rooms to communicate without having to walk thru the whole office
ConsIt would be nice to know what room you send texts to. It tracks the time, but which room would be good too. We would like emojiis for texting!

By Comlite Systems on February 26, 2019
When you test, the incoming message identifies the name of the sending station and the time it was sent. Did you give each Comlite Station a name? The name is the how you choose where to send a message. Please call us if you have any questions or need help.
Justin A.

“Great Inter-office Communication”

OverallKnowing when patients are ready, which room, what they are here for without always having to open up the schedule is a real comfort. We can instant message through the system and also have a countdown timer for our dilations. I couldn't imagine practicing without it.
ProsEasy to use and fully customizable. This is a great option for managing patient flow. My staff and I cant imagine not using Comlite on a daily basis.
ConsIts not sexy, but it does the job. We had the older wall mounted versions first and the digital version looks exactly the same. I think that there is an opportunity to make it look a lot better. But this is only a minor thing, considering it does everything that we need it to.
Terence T.
OD, co-owner of practice
February 22, 2019

“This device earns its keep”

OverallWe had the plug in wireless models before this. Lots of trouble with getting those to talk to one another. This system has been a big step in the right direction for our offices. We have 2 locations, 3 docs and 15 staff.
ProsMy staff wears walk-abouts with ear buds. I don't want them in the exam room. I can make a click on my computer screen in the exam room, and bingo, I have the staff person I want knocking at the door. Techie enough to be very functional, and when set up properly and uniquely for your needs, it is a labor and time saver.
ConsI like it without reservation. Sometimes staff forgets to use it....but that is not a software problem.
Michael J.
OD

“My use with ComLite”

OverallService has been great when we have added or exchanged computers. Overall very happy
ProsI like the ability to call staff as needed instead of yelling down the hall or paging them on the phone system. It is a simple click on the computer that I am using for my EHR. Does not disrupt patient flow at all.
ConsSometimes staff will minimize there window and do not realize I have paged them. I think they are avoiding me sometimes.

By Comlite Systems on February 26, 2019
If Comlite is minimized it can pop up automatically from the task bar when a new message is received. this feature can be enabled or disabled on each workstation. If you have any questions, please give us a call.
Jeff E.

“Keeping on schedule”

OverallHave used for 12 years in first office and 27 in new one. Cannot imagine running an efficient office without it.
ProsEasy to use, nothing extraneous. Simple communication for doctor to know when his next patient has arrived or that a hygienist needs him. Also when you need an assistant in a particular room, or for an emergency. Always reliable. Extremely well designed for the majority of dental offices (up to 6 ops I would say.
ConsChange to computer format from separate "boxes" that were wired and worked independently from office computer system. Always very reliable and always "on".
Frank P.
February 15, 2019

“COMLITE KEEPS OUR CLINIC FUNCTIONING SMOOTHLY”

OverallCOMLITE alerts the clinic at each step of the patient's progress through the clinic and alerts the responsible person the patient is ready for them.
ProsLittle to no maintenance. Functions as advertised. We like the addition of sound so one knows if the "light is for them."
ConsWould like to have a "timer report" for the different functions we use

By Comlite Systems on February 19, 2019
Thank you for your comments. Our "Up Timers" do provide reports for event and task times, total time for events and tasks and more importantly the average time for events and tasks. You can see the reports on the Administrative station. setup/Misc.
Suzanne C.
optometrist
February 26, 2019

“Have used Comlite for years and wouldn't want to work without it!!”

OverallWe have used Comlite for many years going back to the traditional boxes that had to be plugged into the wall. When we upgraded to the computer software version a few years ago it has been even better, super reliable and helps us be more efficient. Staff can be called into the exam rooms when needed as well as notifying the doctors when patients are ready to be seen. Has made all our work days so much better!!
ProsEase of use and excellent customer service if any issues do come up.
ConsNothing to report in this area. We have not run across anything.
Teresa S.
Optometrist

“Comlite LAN4000 review”

OverallComlite allows me to call staff (optician, tech, etc) into the exam room without having to leave. I use this anytime I need something as well as when I want the optician to come and get the patient at the end of the exam.
ProsComlite was very easy to set up, customize and start using. I can contact anyone of the staff without having to leave the exam room. The ability to message each other is also very helpful.
ConsThe initial cost is a bit scary but I believe it has more than paid for itself in the first year of use. Also, every once in a while we have to go in and 'reset' the software. It isn't hard to do and seems to have something to do with Windows updates.
Autumn B.

“Useful product”

OverallIt does help the office run a bit more efficiently.
ProsI like that it is on your computer and no longer having to hang on your wall. I also like the chat feature, it makes things run just a bit more efficiently in the office.
ConsIt seems to freeze up every now and then. When that happens it needs to be restarted by closing everyone's Comlight and pulling it back up starting with the "main" comlight.
James S.

“Perfect for Dentists!”

ProsI was a long time user of the original Comlite stand alone units. The Comlite software duplicates the previous hardware and adds more features. User friendly and customer support made the setup process seamless.
ConsThe Comlite software will affect digital xrays, so the hygienists have to turn off the automatic notifications. The process of clearing the timer function takes two steps.
Rebecca T.

“Inter-Office Communication Software”

OverallOverall, we are able to easily communicate between workstations using this software. We can notify each other with a few clicks and an audible notification sounds. We are also able to text one another.
ProsThis software allows us to easily communicate throughout our busy dental office.
ConsUnfortunately, when this software is used for notification, if pauses all other programs in use.
Becky S.
L.D.O., Office Manager

“5 Stars”

OverallWe have saved valuable time utilizing Comlite which has increased our harvest rate of retaining patients.
ProsI love the flexibility of Comlite. With a large practice it has cut down on unproductive time trying to track down associates or drs when needed in a particular part of the office. I also really like the texting feature. It is so helpful gaining a quick response from a dr instead of having to wait until they are between pts.
ConsHonestly I have nothing bad to say about the software or service.
Bret A.
Owner Dentist
February 22, 2019

“Great interoffice communication tool”

OverallI have a very active dental office in a relatively small space. This is a great way to reduce foot traffic.
ProsConsistent functionality. There is also many ways to customize.
ConsWhen the Comlite is activated, whatever typing you are doing is interrupted until you close out of it. I wish there were more options to add additional providers
Brant K.

“Comlite review”

OverallWhen the system is working and functioning correctly, it is a great system. When it is having problems, it is about useless. Company needs to just make sure it works correctly.
ProsWonderfully helpful in increasing efficiency of a dental office.
ConsToo often system fails to perform accurately (2-3 times per week). This greatly decreases the efficiencies of the dental office.

“Comlite Review”

OverallOur office has been pleased with the system. It was easy to learn and again very discreet and professional to use.
ProsIt is a very discreet way of communicating throughout the office. Much better and more professional than calling out vocally.
ConsOne needs to enter in the input manually which can be cumbersome when working on a patient.
March 3, 2019

“Comlite LAN 4000 is a must for our practice!”

OverallComlite allows us to be much more efficient. The doctors and staff know where they are needed and which room the doctors are in at all times. We could not function nearly as well without it.
ProsIt is customizable and easy to use. There is a timer option to use for timed procedures.
ConsIf your network is not robust, it will have delayed responses.
March 3, 2019
Carolyn G.

“Comlite”

ProsBeing able to text the clinical staff information about their patient's without having to run back and forth to the rooms.
ConsIf you are in the middle of typing and the screen pops up it completely stops your typing. Also, don't like that the screen pops up when it is only being cleared.
Andrew P.

“Mostly good, some bad”

ProsThere is no doubt; the software makes us money. It keeps us on time and allows us to know where other people are located.
ConsThe "glitchiness" of the software is a bit frustrating. Commonly, we try to click a button and nothing happens.

By Comlite Systems on February 26, 2019
Please contact our support team to address your "glitchiness" issue.
BRYAN H.
Director of Operations

“Comlite Review”

OverallEasy to communicate between staff. DR can reach staff very quickly. Easily teachable.
ProsVery quick in response when you send messages. Easy for DR to reach staff Easy for staff to pick up how it works.
ConsWish the message screen was a little bigger, maybe customize the ding for different areas of the office
Sarah M.
March 5, 2019

“Comlite Review”

ProsOur office likes being able to create a custom board so we can utilize every notification that we need. We work next to computers all day, so it's nice to be able to have an option to contact any member of our staff. The text messaging feature is also useful, if we need to send a specific, detailed message.
ConsThe software seems to disconnect from time to time, and works inconsistently. I feel like we have to constantly reboot the admin station to get the other stations to connect. Stations sometimes disappear from the list of options to send text messages.
March 5, 2019
Brenda B.
Business Administrator
February 26, 2019

“Comlite Communication for Dental Practice”

OverallHave been using it since 2015 and we have been very happy with how user friendly it is and the quick efficient customer service.
ProsIt truly is user friendly, can customize to exactly what is needed for the practice.
ConsNeed more sound options and need more skin options
William B.

“indispensable”

Overallinteroffice communication made simple
Prosease of use, reliability. I have been using this software since it was a hardware product and find it makes my life easier
Consno iOS app for ipad or iphone, this would help when not at a computer terminal
Deb B.
February 25, 2019

“best product on the market”

OverallWe looked over options before purchasing system and make the decision to buy this product and we couldn't be happier!
Prosworks so well in our office environment, communication at it's best!
ConsThere isn't anything I would say negative about this product
Frank A.
March 1, 2019

“Where's the next patient”

OverallEfficiency and the perception to the patients of an technologically advanced practice
ProsSilently directs me to which room the next patient is
ConsNo comment. It's all good. Easy to use, no learning curve for new staff.
March 1, 2019
Brian E.
Practice Manager of Operation
February 26, 2019

“Great replacement for the actuall complite equipment”

OverallI love this program as does our entire team. I recommend it highly!
ProsIt is a great way to draw attention to where a clinical member is needed.
ConsThe way it takes up space on the screen when trying to concentrate
Raymond S.

“Review of Comlite”

Overalleasy to use for office.
Proslike the new look of the comlite, like that you can change the colors and it is very user friendly
ConsDoes not always come up when the computer that it has originally put on has to restart
Amber C.
Front Dest

“Comlite”

ProsEase of use in letting everyone know that patients are here and ready and have all paperwork updated
ConsThere is nothing to complain about. Everything runs smoothly.
Tom B.
Owner/demtist

“Intra-office communication”

OverallProvides quick and concise non-verbal intra office communication. Is very efficient
ProsEase of use and simplicity of precise communication
ConsSometimes has "bugs", seemingly after Microsoft updates?
Becky D.
February 7, 2019

“Optometric office”

OverallVery good - CSR is great to work with!
ProsIt allows great communication between all - 20 work stations
ConsI do have a Thin Client terminal that does not communicate with Comlite
February 7, 2019
Vanessa M.

“Love it”

OverallIt is quiet...easy to set up..can customize
ProsPatients dont know its happening, it is professional
ConsIt interrupts your typing in other program u maybe in
David K.

“Great Product”

ProsEase of use, communication through messaging.
ConsToo frequent updates, have to renew each time. Functionality stops working if you don't upgrade.
Dale B.

“Great product”

ProsEasy to use and saves time . Let me know exactly what to do or go next.
ConsI have no problems at all with this software . It's well worth the money
Alex T.

“Review ”

ProsThe ability to run on multiple devices and not needing hardware.
ConsThe lack of expandability. I would like to see more buttons that can be customized.
Sara W.
OD
March 6, 2019

“Current technology”

ProsWe have used this system to replace a hardwired system of doorbells. It is much more streamlined and uniform.
ConsAt times the program loses the ability to chime or light up at certain stations.
March 6, 2019
Wendi J.
February 27, 2019

“Everything we need in a communication system.”

OverallVery easy to set up and use for several rooms and messages
ProsThe ease of use and the set up was very straight forward.
ConsI really can't think of any cons. It serves our needs perfectly.
Emily M.
Dental hygienist

“Works well”

ProsEase of use, multiple buttons and added chat feature
ConsSometimes it freezes and doesnt work when other software is open at times
Heidi M.
Receptionist

“A++++”

ProsIts very easy to use. Like how you can personalize this any way we want.
ConsNothing at the moment. An Awesome system.
Regina L.
February 22, 2019

“Highly recommend the Comlite LAN4000 ”

OverallWe are an office of 3 doctors, 6 Hygienist, 5 Assistants and 5 administrators. We are able to customize each room and provider with different sounds and colors. We love it!!
ProsIt was very easy to install and set up each room .
ConsWe really don't have any complaints with it.
andrea c.

Overallsmoother running office overall
Prosvery effective for staff communication and ease of use
Conssometimes glitches, have to restart (easy fix)
Amanda b.
Dantal Asst

“Comlite”

ProsWe find that it is very Easy to use/install.
ConsSometimes it can be a little slow and we will have to restart it to get it to work/move faster