Abacus Private Cloud Ratings

Overall
3.7/5
3.8/5
3.8/5

About Abacus Private Cloud

Abacus Private Cloud puts your critical business data and vital applications into a private virtual workspace that's accessible from any device, anywhere, anytime. Our fully managed cloud based legal practice management software eliminates IT management burdens and costs, maximizes your organization's performance and ensures regulatory compliance as a full-spectrum ePHI & HIPAA compliance ready technology solution. Learn more about Abacus Private Cloud

Norman U.
Lawyer/owner
Law Practice, Self-employed
June 16, 2017

“Moving to the Abacus cloud was quick and expertly executed. Very Pleased!”

OverallI run my entire law practice using Abacus Law and APC.
ProsAbacus Law is indispensable in my practice. I've used it for many years and have adapted it to the specific areas of my practice. The calendaring system keeps me on track so that I meet all deadlines on time. Using Rules in calendaring allows me to enter many calendar items at once with just a few mouse clicks. Form generation and Outlook integration are wonderful features and easy to use. All of this is made even better using Abacus Private Cloud. Not only is Abacus Law always up-to-date, but Office 365 is always current as well. Additionally, not enough can be said for the excellent customer and technical support services provided by Abacus Law experts. I can say without hesitation that if you have an occasion to need help with an issue you will be very pleased with the attention you will receive. I used Abacus Law from an office-based server for many years. Servers aren't cheap. I upgraded my server every 4 to 5 years. Paying an IT tech to install the server, load all the software, and get all workstations connected more than doubled the cost of the server. Furthermore, I had the recurring cost of maintenance, protection against viruses, spyware, malware, ransomware etc, plus the cost of off-site backups. All those issues were a drain on my productivity and nerves. Therefore, I pulled the trigger and moved to Abacus Private Cloud. I'm extremely pleased with how easy the transition went. APC has it all figured out.
ConsI have no real criticism to report. On my wish list would be a more robust word processing capability in the Notes windows, which would automatically check spelling and allow for easy-to-insert macros for boilerplate text entry - similar to quickparts and autocorrect features in Word.

By AbacusNext on June 16, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience with Abacus. We are delighted to serve you with technology solutions that help you run your firm efficiently and securely!
June 16, 2017
James M.

“Safe and easy”

OverallThe main benefit is the safety and security of our data. Knowing it won't be lost no matter what happens to my computer, and knowing there are smart tech people a phone call away to fix whatever goes wrong, is invaluable to me.
ProsWe've been using the Abacus Private Cloud for about a year now and it has been an excellent service. Very easy to use and adaptable to the programs we use. What I like most though is that our client data is safe. We share office space with a firm that does not use Abacus Private Cloud and they recently were the victims of a ransomware attack where all of their data was seized. They elected not to pay the ransom and subsequently lost ALL of their data. While no system can ever be totally secure, I sleep much better at night knowing that our data is as secure as it can be. I purchased a new computer two weeks ago and called the Abacus support to get my new computer onto the cloud network. They had me installed and up and running in about 2 minutes. I really couldn't ask for better service.
ConsI don't have any cons worth mentioning right now. No software is perfect for every application but abacus does everything I need right now.
James F.
Legal Services, Self-employed
October 24, 2018

“ABACUS PRIVATE CLOUD - EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY, RELIABILITY & SERVICE”

OverallThis platform outsources office computing (in my case, for a law office) to a proven, trusted vendor that provides excellent customer service, reliability and stability. This enables smaller companies (like mine) to take advantage of economies of scale; and achieve levels of quality, security and dependability in their computing network that otherwise would be to costly if done with local servers and IT support. This is a truly game-changing platform; professionally implemented by a company of top notch network and data center experts. I am completely satisified with Abacus Private Cloud.
ProsI have used Abacus Private Cloud since 06/14. Reliability, connectivity, uptime, and customer support are excellent. I eliminated local server hardware, local IT support, and local backups. My decision to go with with Abacus Private Cloud was the best decision I have made in 20 years of using computers in my law office.
ConsSeriously, i have not found any downsides to this platform.
Barbara Z.
April 25, 2018

“Customer service is terrible. Rates changed without notice. Charge you to get your data back.”

OverallIt is hard to identify benefits when our experience turned so sour. We are finding PCLaw is providing a lot more benefits than Abacus.
ProsThe private cloud service worked well even though we regularly ran out of space and had a price increase to add more. Customer service on the private cloud was good.
ConsWe left Abacus Law after years because the new releases had a lot of bugs and using customer service was time consuming and some problems were never fixed. When we went to leave at the end of our contract, they took 2 weeks to send us the cancellation form and by then it was too late to give the 30 days notice. The contact went to month-to-month at nearly double the contract rate. We were given no notice at all of the monthly rate - yet alone notice in time to cancel. Abacus refuses to discuss this issue with us and has taken the position of "we have your money so sue us if you are unhappy."
April 25, 2018
Caroline E.
August 31, 2018

“AbacusLaw has Grown with my Firm!”

OverallExceptional! Despite some internet connectivity challenges in our small rural state, the Abacus Private Cloud implementation team were exceptionally patient, creative and persistent. They went above and beyond for our firm. We are now into our second year of Abacus Private Cloud, and I am not sure how we survived without it for so long. We love it!
ProsThe shared network allowed my small firm to group from one attorney to three attorneys efficiently. We can all enter our time for billing on the shared accounting platform, which saves me huge time as the firm billing attorney. I know that our firm's work product is in a secure cloud and that it is being backed up continuously.
ConsI practice in a small rural state. Our internet connectivity has challenged that posed problems in implementation and installation. We still run a little slower than most, I am sure, because of connectivity challenges. Nonetheless, I would not go back to our prior system ever. I am extremely pleased with the software and with Abacus Private cloud.
August 31, 2018
Norman U.
Law Practice, Self-employed
July 30, 2018

“Abacus Private Cloud and Abacus Law have case management figured out. ”

ProsAbacus Law gives me the tools I need to carry out my practice efficiently. Calendaring, Accounting, Contacts, Matters, Form Production, and Conflict Management are in use constantly in my office. The software works great with the original default settings. But, it is very flexible in allowing a practitioner to mold the software to fill specific needs. Furthermore, using Abacus Private Cloud means I have a highly skilled tech team constantly monitoring all aspects of the software, the server, encryption, and off-site back-up of my data.
ConsI would like to see the program develop a more robust word processing capability. It's very good as it is. But, I use MS Word extensively and would love to see some of the functionality of Word be available when entering data into Abacus.
Ada G.
August 27, 2018

“A Robust solution for today's mobile office needs”

OverallCustomer rep went above and beyond for me. He did the following for me: He helped me update a laptop running remote access to the APC Cloud so the toolbar could be updated to include a size retractable feature; reinstalled the Message Slips icon; updated java; and created access in the APC to scan folders located on the local computer for 2 laptops accessing the APC. He also recommended the use of micro SD cards to expand storage capabilities for the laptops included in our Abacus subscription. This was really important because these laptops have limited resources and performing Windows updates was becoming impossible. Rep did all of this without missing a beat. Our lives were made a whole lot easier today because of rep' diligent help! Thank you so very much!"
ProsThe software has a wealth of features that can make tracking cases and billing so much easier.
ConsIt does take a while to learn most of the features but it is worth the time.
Mary Ellen S.
Paralegal
August 6, 2019

“Abacus Private Cloud- Review”

ProsEasy to use; easy to learn; had lots of classes; but also user friendly so that I could actually learn it on my own
ConsCannot group bills; have to enter all bill separately;

By AbacusNext on August 8, 2019
Dear Mary, Thank you for taking the time to review Abacus Private Cloud. We're so glad you find it user-friendly and that you've taken advantage of our training resources. Since billing isn't a feature of APC, are you referring to billing in AbacusLaw? If so, feel free to leave a review on our AbacusLaw page. Your feedback helps us make our products better. We appreciate your business and look forward to being part of your practice for years to come! Sincerely, The team at AbacusNext
August 6, 2019
January 29, 2019

“Extremely Disappointing Product”

OverallExtremely poor from the initial on boarding process until today. I don't see any capacity or willingness on the part of this company to improve their deficient service. I have been trying to overcome this with them from two year and at this point, I give up. We have made the decision to transition to a better environment.
ProsThere is nothing I like about this product.
ConsThe on-boarding process was a complete failure. Originally we tried to migrated from a private cloud to Abacus Private Cloud and from Amicus to AbacusLaw. The experience was catastrophic. The on boarding team at Abacus Private Cloud was never able to transition our data from Amicus to AbacusLaw and we were within 10 days of missing a billing cycle. I asked the company several times to switch us back to Amicus. Finally, when they were faced with completely failure of the transition, they switched us back to Amicus so that we did not miss our billing cycle, something they promised would never happen. Since that time, we have done nothing but struggle with this company to maintain an environment that would allow Amicus to function with QuickBooks. They have not been able to maintain a constant link between their product and QuickBooks. It takes days to reestablish the link. Their tech support is not very responsive and they are not very aware of reoccurring problems, which indicates to me that they have a high turnover of personnel. They have assigned multiple people to our account in the past 12 months to resolve our persistent problems with their product. They are replaced or disappear without notice to us. As of today, we may wait days for a response from them. All of this is documented. It was a mistake to migrated from our private cloud environment to this company.
January 29, 2019
September 11, 2018

“Great storage for Law Firms”

OverallNo problems at all and have great user interface. We have not had any privacy issues with maintaining our files on the cloud. In addition, it has saved our firm thousands of dollars in IT management fees.
ProsOur firm has a multi-area practice such as real estate, probate, estate planning and family law. Our storage requirements are very high and our needs are met through the use of the Abacus Private Cloud. The clients' documents are accessible and organized. No need to keep unnecessary papers in our office since they can be accessed from anywhere at anytime. It's great to be able to access any document during a meeting or an arbitration.
ConsWe have to evaluate how much storage we need and sometimes that needs to be expanded. Although it is easy to do, it is just something that needs to be handled by our office administrators.
Mark A.
Records Technician / Accident Re-constructionist
July 26, 2018

“CaseMap Customer Support's quick and concise response with a solution.”

ProsThere are many with CaseMap: the ability to build a medical chronology; the CaseWide graph to show the medical chronology in a visual format; linking names, organizations, documents, medicines, etc.; the filtering capability along with the ability to customize filters.
ConsI wish I had more flexibility with the CaseWide graph: to have the ability to select or differentiate between two (or more) filters by using separate colors that would distinguish the filtered criteria on the graph; the ability to adjust the date range of graph to get rid of dead space on the graph.
July 26, 2018
Joy T.
Director of Operations
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
September 6, 2018

“Review of Abacus Private Cloud ”

OverallIf customer service was improved I would rate Abacus a 10/10 but for now an 8/10.
ProsThe overall functionaliy of the cloud and the security is fanatstic.
ConsThe call center, I say this because it all depends who you get when you call as some technicians are much better than others. Some technicians are absolute rockstars but not all. Also, I found that calling in and not getting help is unacceptable especially if it is time sensitive. I have also found that I have to follow-up on items and that should not be the case. Having one person to deal with would be ideal.
September 6, 2018
Amy S.
Paralegal
March 30, 2018

“Product is easy and self explanatory”

OverallMakes life easier to be able to access from the cloud.
ProsMakes my job easier. Easy to learn software. The system allows all the tools I need to use to be in one central location, whether it is contact information, calendar, emails, notes, etc. I love the Abacus Private Cloud. It allows me and my employer access to our information from anywhere we are. I have not had any issues with the software and we have it installed on my bosses laptop, smartphone and desktop.
ConsText is small, but that could be that I haven't figure out to make it larger in the settings. Sometimes when accessing our network from the cloud it tends to run a little slower.

By AbacusNext on April 17, 2018
Hi Amy, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that the software makes your job easier and you found it easy to learn. We're thrilled to have you as a customer and look forward to continuing our partnership. Best, The AbacusNext Team
March 30, 2018
Randal D.
Co-Founder, VP
February 27, 2018

“We Started The Process Of Moving From Cloud9 To Abacus Next Sept 2017 Now Late Feb 2018 Horrible!”

ProsWith over 40 years experience owning and operating several companies and have been "sold" by some of the best of the best and am not easily mislead until Abacus Next came along. I am willing to pay a premium price for premium service. I am not willing to pay a premium price for the opportunity to be anybody's Beta Tester and help them figure out what to do. When I asked for a link to documentation regarding how to login to the server and add a client I was told there is no documentation. What do I like best about Abacus Next? They are great entertainers and have helped me keep my blood moving.
ConsWe have heard nothing but excuses and spin and more spin. And practically everyone we have contact with at Abacus Next is continually pressuring us to buy more services. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! We are supposed to be transitioned off Cloud9 on March 05, 2018 but after today's dismal performance, another episode in the painful saga of Abacus Next we shall not let them move us until later in 2018 or 2019 even if it means we need to start some legal action. Today we got even more spin from their tech support who was supposed to assist with mapping out the process for our upcoming transition. He is a very nice, likable guy but did not appear to have a clue about anything. No idea how to set up a new client, what to put in the fields, could not even get us logged into our server. It appeared he was being coached by someone who knew even less than he did. It appears to me from what little I know from reading material on their website, their newsletters and other parts of the web that Abacus Next is in a growth mode buying up other companies. This concerns me deeply, and I wonder if they are growing so fast that they could get themselves in trouble. I have a bad gut-feeling about the stability of Abacus Next. For the record, I do not know anything about how their industry works so I could be mistaken and concerned about nothing. However, I do know good service from bad service, and so far all I have gotten from Abacus Next is terrible service.
February 27, 2018
Jonathan H.
April 1, 2019

“Debilitatingly slow performance”

OverallWe are very disappointed in the failure of APC to consistently operate as promised.
ProsWhen this software works, it's great. If it operated consistently and in "real-time", I would highly recommend it.
ConsIn over a year of using APC, we have had regular, recurring, serious connection issues. I calculate an average of 5 hrs/wk in lost productivity per user over the last year. As indicated above, when functional, the system is great; the problem is, you never know whether you'll show up for work and be able to work, or whether you'll spend half the day on the phone with tech support trying to figure out why the system is lagging.
April 1, 2019
Cecilia A.
September 18, 2018

“Love the Concept”

OverallI have increased productivity by using the cloud. Having all information stored and readily accessible has saved time which in turn makes money. Customer service is typically very good but occasionally I have been dissatisfied at hold times.
ProsI like the idea of having all my information in one place and an immediate backup in case of a catastrophe.
ConsThe connection is to slow. There is a delay in typing a document in my word processing. I have to wait several minutes at times for programs to open. I do not like that there is an expiration of connection throughout the day when idle. I have already exceeded the storage package I purchased, so cost continue to rise.
September 18, 2018
Shannon S.
Certified Managing Paralegal
July 13, 2018

“Our firm is a long term client of abacus. We love the APC version of the product. ”

OverallFlexibility and productivity
ProsFlexibility is key. The APC allows us to work from anywhere, at any time, and make changes on the fly if needed. Our designated APC support TAM is very responsive and helps our firm be more productive.
ConsThe APC can sometimes be a little slow since access is generally impacted by internet speeds and how your system may interact with the product.
July 13, 2018
Jaymie S.
July 20, 2018

“Easy, intuitive, keeps us on track. Customer support is awesome, friendly, so helpful!”

OverallOrganization
ProsEverything! Including the support. Abacus is always 2 steps ahead with functions we didn't even know we needed but makes our work so much easier!
ConsSeems a little slow sometimes. There seems to be a lag for the cloud to send the signal to print. Also we can email large file attachments. Not sure if this is an Abacus problem though.
Eric S.
July 6, 2017

“APC has been pleasure to work with from set up to use and growth from 2 users to 12 over 2 years”

ProsI most like (1) its reliability and security from any remote location and device, and (2) hot line customer service technical assistance within minutes of phoning in.
ConsI would like to see the cost come down, but it is still a cost savings over managing our own network.

By AbacusNext on July 6, 2017
Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to serve you as your technology partner as your team grows over time!
July 6, 2017
Mike A.
Director of Technology
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
March 20, 2019

“Abacus Private Cloud User”

ProsThe software is accessible when on the go. It allows you to work remotely and on the fly. For added security, access can be restricted to static IP address and dual authentication can be added to prevent others from accessing your data.
ConsProject manager was new and transfer of data took longer than it should have.
March 20, 2019
Susan M.
October 15, 2018

“Abacus Review”

OverallI know where every account stands with their financial status at all times, and can just check the notes to see the latest on the events in the case.
ProsAbacus is extremely user friendly, and the ability to access so much information with the click of a key is awesome.
ConsWhen there are upgrades, we have a lot of problems getting the kinks worked out.
October 15, 2018
Michael S.
Technical Support Specialist
July 25, 2018

“The tech was knowledgeable, personable & he resolved the issue quickly and correctly the first time.”

OverallSecurity for users - ease of use - accessible from anywhere.
ProsThe software is easy to use - people that are very familiar with high end technology and people that are new to cloud systems both find APC easy to use. As an administrator of the system - it's awesome that everything is secure.
ConsThe only con I see with this software is accessing it - we have to configure an RDP connection, which isn't difficulty or time consuming, but it would be nice to have a native means of access.
July 25, 2018
Michelle C.
Chief of Office Operations
July 20, 2018

“This program has it all”

ProsI have been using this program for 7 years. We are currently on the cloud which is wonderful. I can access my client files from anywhere in the U.S. The customer support is quick and easy.
ConsThere are almost to many options. I am positive there are many more tools that I could be using but don't know about still.
February 15, 2019

“Bate and Switch”

OverallSupport is good but not really 24/7; after normal hours they will call you back when they can;
ProsEase of access from anywhere on any computer.
ConsInitial sizing of systems needs was way off; forced me into poor service or 30% price increase and you are stuck with the contract even though it was their mistake.
February 15, 2019
Wynne B.
September 12, 2018

“Abacus Private Cloud Experience”

OverallWe were able to access secure client information remotely, permitting us to address client issues which come to us from different time zones.
ProsThe most daunting aspect of moving to the cloud was converting our data. I found that Abacus support was superb and the conversion straight forward.
ConsMy local printer is wireless and is not supported unless there is a VPN connection which is another $80.00 per month. It should be included or at a lower monthly price.
September 12, 2018
Cynthia C.
managing partner
July 27, 2018

“Our experience overall has been positive. ”

ProsWhat we have enjoyed the most with APC is their customer service. The technicians that we have dealt with have been dedicated to finding a solution. If they could not fix something immediately, they have worked on it after our phone call and called me back. I have had a call back on an issue 3 days later to make sure the problem was still resolved. The technicians have been courteous, resourceful, and quick to respond.
ConsAt times the system has been slow to respond. It feels like you are working through molasses as you wait for a response. APC and Office Tools don't always seem to talk to each other. I have an issue with my Quickbooks software that has not been resolved since we got on the system almost 6 months ago. Although I am happy that the technician has called and tried a few options over the weeks, it seems like it should be resolved by now. It does not seem to be a complex issue.
July 27, 2018
William C.
Managing Partner
June 15, 2017

“Printing large PDFs slow; many technical problems which may times take very long to get resolved.”

ProsHandles both firm management and accounting; Ability to link matters, messenger capability; shared calendar
ConsTechnical problems-many of which remain open; cost; tech support has been spotty; lack of client portal; no consultation with users in coming up with new features.
June 15, 2017
Jordy B.
June 7, 2019

“BEWARE - This platform is dangerous!”

OverallWe are a tax firm, we were encouraged to move forward with implementation and data migration in November, however the first available time to begin migration was the first week of January. Still, we were encouraged to move forward. We weren't actually operational until February, into the heart of year-end books, payroll and tax season. WORST decision I have made as a business owner! We were misled on when billing would begin... We were misled on sign up bonus of laptops... which I had to push for, they said the person in charge of shipping there was no longer with the company, right! We were misled on DROPBOX functionality (or they were negligent) We were misled on the contract, and the ability to add and take away users. I am now FIGHTING (hopefully not legal yet), to cancel, and they are claiming we do not have "CAUSE" as if the above, productivity, stress, staff, isn't cause.
ProsThe vision is great, the idea behind it is great. It just doesnt work...for us. Two factor security is great The actual support engineers were thoughtful, and helpful, not always did they have the answer, but they were very diligent and patient even if ultimate solutions were never found.
ConsConstant data issues with regard to how dropbox was installed. PRO SERIES BASICALLY does not work. The EF center takes up to 5 mins to load, or submit efilings, and then another 5 minutes to return to the home base after submitting a return. HOURS lost, CLIENTS, REPUTATION, etc. was miserable, still is. Was suggested we stop using our web browser of choice, for which all out staff has memorized functions on to improve the performance of the server, they were fully aware of the use of CHROME as essential to our functions.
June 7, 2019
Daryl S.
Office Manager/Paralegal
October 13, 2017

“I have had a good experience for the most part, maybe a few too many times having to call support.”

ProsI like the support staff and IT people that I have dealt with and they are always able to fix the few problems we have had with the server environment. I don't have to constantly be thinking about backup programs and security, that's big.
ConsWe run Amicus Premium 2016 Billing software on the APC. Sometimes I have a problem and I don't know if I should call Amicus or Abacus regarding the Amicus-QuickBooks link. We have used Amicus for about 12 years and I was always able to handle these problems by myself or with a quick call to Amicus. We have had problems with Outlook and QuickBooks and were told that it might have something to do with an update or something, hopefully this will work a little more smoothly in the future. Sometimes these things are a bit of an inconvenience but I have always been able to get in touch with support and they have always satisfied.
October 13, 2017
Clarke C.
Wholesale, 11-50 employees

“Abacus us excellent”

OverallGreat Service. Cost is high but the staff is good. NO need for internal IT people
ProsAlways up. I am fully Protected. Friendly Knowledgeable Staff.
ConsCost is high. No Administration rights.
Thomas R.
Board Member
December 30, 2018

“You don't matter to Abacus”

OverallIf your business has been running too smoothly amd you're just tired of it. If you're looking to rack up countless hours hours and lost productivity. If you're blood pressure is just too low and you love feeling helpless as your employees sit around the office for days waiting for access to your software, then Abacus is for you!
ProsEverything about this hosting service is inferior from a user interface standpoint compared to cloud9.
Cons"Let's take all the software and data that are vital to our business and place them at the mercy of Tier 1 techs who will never have any idea how to install/update or repair anything ever but will excel at wasting your time. Also let's make sure it's borderline impossible to get the time of day from the upper lever techs or management team if/when you manage to get your problem elevated," said no one ever. I have sent hundreds of emails amd spent hundreds of hours on tech support issues over the last 16 months. Switching to Abacus was easily the worst business decision I have ever made.
December 30, 2018
Diane A.
July 20, 2018

“They corrected my issues quickly and efficiently.”

ProsI can use the software anywhere and it is in real-time with updates from my staff. We can all work on the same document from different areas!
ConsThere is nothing worse than when the cloud goes down. The loss of connection can be either the internet or the cloud server but either way it is annoying!
Sarah P.
Director of Marketing & Business Development
July 20, 2018

“A few times regarding customer support, usually setting up new users”

OverallCase Management Software
ProsTHE APC platform does has some very useful features, like remote connection and 24- hour IT support. The techs are also funny, kind, and more than accommodating faced against some grouchy lawyers.
ConsThe functionality of this program is not. there. The remote connection feature is unrelaible, and the APC terminal server platform does not play well with others, like Dragon and Adobe. We have a package intended to accommodate up to 20 users, we have 14 licenses and maybe 6 people in APC at once. It's slow, it lags and crashes and more than a few times has kicked someone out resulting in lost work. Also, Abacus Law is designed to function exclusively on a server or in the APC platform, so forget amazon or Microsoft clouds as your plan b. Great people over there, but they're technology is just not there yet.
Azzizah M.
Accounts Receivable
Accounting, 51-200 employees
October 23, 2018

“Great Product”

OverallThis is an excellent program for working in QuickBooks.
ProsAbacus Private Cloud has been great to work with, and when any issues have arisen having a dedicated tech support person has been tremendously helpful with trouble-shooting.
ConsI didn't find anything to complain about.
October 23, 2018
Adam A.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2018

“Superb Customer Support”

OverallI have needed help fixing things two separate occasions. first one -superb customer service with knowledgable techie-wrote that off as good luck. Second time-repeated with different tech guru-more than luck-must be part of the package. Great support!
ProsEasy to use for someone who isnt a techie.
Consnothing that i can put my finger on yet.
August 28, 2018
Cathy A.
office manager
July 31, 2018

“Overall experience is good. Need more customer support to customize our needs.”

Overallauto calendaring
Proshearing date automatic calculations. events from a rule are good for auto calendaring. Linking email and names is a plus.
Consthe reminders don't fall into the calendar unless a time is designated. the interface is outdated (screens are old and not visually appealing).
July 31, 2018
Kazi S.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
February 5, 2017

“My Ultimate Cloud Solution”

OverallAPC is a powerful cloud service. So far my experience with this system is good and works well in my office environment, home or on road. The real fact it is clear, simple and easy to use. But it takes time to understand all it's features. More over all it's environment are on one page and it saves me a lot of money in handling my business. The customer care support is available all the time and are quick to response. Thanks Abacus Private Cloud.
ProsEasy to use, interface is well defined.
ConsNothing
Recommendations to other buyersIt is pretty good if you are up with a business.
February 5, 2017
Donna S.
September 24, 2018

“Abacus Cloud Review.”

OverallI like the ease of the programs. I like customer service when you call with a problem and they help you correct it or fix it.
ProsIt's very easy to navigate.Easy to understand.
ConsI really don't think there is anything that i least like about the software.
September 24, 2018
Debby M.
president
July 30, 2018

“We had a rocky start, but for the last year everything has been great”

ProsI really like being able to login from anywhere. Since I travel a lot I feel much more in control than I used to
ConsI dislike that I have to call to get software updates. This sometimes takes longer than it should take
Marzena Z.
Office Admin assistant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 30, 2018

“APC”

OverallAPC is a great hosting place for the third party software being used by our company. Very satisfied with the instant access to our company file and documents from remote locations.
ProsAbacus cloud is easy to use; provides excellent security for the cloud environment including secure remote connection login;
Consnothing really to dislike about the Abacus Private Cloud environment
August 30, 2018
Kimberly W.
May 17, 2019

“DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT”

OverallWe're 6 months into our migration from Cloud9 and it's nothing but a disaster. It started with half of our data missing from Cloud9 and taking weeks to sort that out. I continue to be on the phone with them experiencing down time in some capacity, almost every single day. Lots of empty promises at a high cost. Clients have left my firm because of their frustration in the Abacus solution. Seems like their law solution may be more advanced than the accounting solution, but I'm sure the accounting solution is serviced out of someone's garage and we must be about the 10th customer. The other 9 accounting users have posted here, mostly unhappily. They are so lacking in processes and procedures, they couldn't have more than 10 customers. They can't get the basic of the basic working. I would never recommend this solution.
ProsNOTHING. Unfortunately I had to give all 1 out 5's. Should have been 0's.
ConsEVERYTHING. -Down time - excessive -horrible, cumbersome integration with Microsoft 365 (which was forced upon us - we didn't know that when we contracted) -inexperienced tech support (when you can get hold of them. Often you have to wait so long on hold that it goes to voice mail and they don't call back) -they don't support your clients directly, it has to go thru the providing company (we just got an exception to this, but that's ridiculous. Something else we weren't told when we contracted and didn't think to ask) -Cost
May 17, 2019
Bryan V.

“Productivity Boost”

ProsAbacus private cloud is awesome for business owners on the go. I travel between multiple offices and visit clients all over the country. Never had an issue with connectivity and definitely boosted my productivity.
ConsI've been using the cloud based server for about a year and have not had any issues.
James F.
September 19, 2018

“Forced Move from Cloud 9 was anything but seamless”

OverallThe move to APC can be summed up in the following 1) Negative impact on external client users 2) Lost and wasted time due to system glitches and overall inability to timely get issues addressed 3. The individual support staff are great and are very helpful once you connect. 4.Management of this company, however, does not care about customer service and has the absolute worst customer relation skills that I have ever experienced
ProsWas told all data would be hosted in Canada. Was given pricing in Canadian Funds. Portal maintained sound feature PDF's appeared to run faster Supported Switch to Office 365
Cons1. Was told and paid for service in August of 2017 Did not have service until June 2018. 2. Started bill for service in March of 2018 but no service until June 2018 3. Was promised a sign up bonus in the form of lap tops but never got them and no credit 4.During the interim period the Cloud 9 fees significantly increased with no explanation 5.Data transfer saw files that were totally missed 6Software intallation was botched and outdated copies were loaded that won't open existing data files. 7.Our Key contact never returns e-mail or phone calls and ignores issues rather than addressing them. 8.Cloud9 would set up a user in a few days and most rcecently the same day. APC takes a fewdays before they even acknowledge the existence of the request.
September 19, 2018
Joanna S.
Controller
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
November 26, 2018

“Dont sign up for Quickbooks through Abacus”

OverallWe are so unhappy about this situation that it erases anything positive we could say if there was something nice to say.
ProsIt's not about their software, its about Abacus not honoring their contract and responsibilites.
ConsAbacus is paid for our contract monthly, with our credit card that is on file. They failed to pay Intuit/Quickbooks and when I tried to forward the emails from Quickbooks suggesting lack of payment will result in them turning off our access to QB, I got no responses from my sales rep at Abacus. I called, made a case and am now 3 days waiting for them to resolve it. QB says it's simply a payment they need to turn it back on and Abacus isn't paying the fee so we are without our company file now.
November 26, 2018
Frank N.
February 12, 2018

“Still being held hostage by Abacus”

OverallGreat for remote access, but then it is always slow, NO MATTER WHAT INTERNET CONNECTION I USE.
ProsThe software works great when you keep it local. Do not go to their cloud! You lose all control and every task is an act of Congress to get it going.
ConsEvery time we need to update another program, like Essential Forms, it takes weeks to get to someone in tech support who then has to confer with someone from Essential Forms. I get a different person every time I call. By the time they get back to me via their email help request, I have forgotten the details of the problem
February 12, 2018
Colin G.
March 21, 2018

“Abacus' Hosted Quickbooks solution is total garbage”

OverallOccasionally it has worked as intended.
ProsRight now I can't think of a single one. The Cloud 9 functioned well until the September ransomware attach that took it down. We were then compelled by Abacus to move, yet again, to another server for "improved" security. We have two months in two conversions at this point.
ConsWe converted ourselves and multiple clients we host to Abacus "Secure" Hosted Quickbooks solution and in the last month we have not gone a single day without access problems. We run the risk of losing ten of thousands of dollars in customer relationship due to our selection of this provider.

By AbacusNext on April 17, 2018
Hello Colin, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had trouble using the program. Please reach out to Reviews@abacusnext.com and I'll have your case escalated
March 21, 2018
January 4, 2018

“STAY AWAY. Abacus acquired Cloud9 and forced us to move. Cloud9 had better features and tech support”

OverallI have absolutely nothing good to say about Abacus.
ConsThe salesman who bullied us into moving from Cloud9 outright lied to me about an important feature (or lack thereof) on Abacus - webapp (see above). I was also under the impression that migration from Cloud9 to APC would be seamless since they own both companies. For the last 2 months I've spent at least 2 hours per day dealing with implementation issues and it's still not done. We're a small firm of 10 employees and I would put the implementation cost so far in lost productivity. This has been the single worst consumer experience of my life. Hard to believe, but this company is worse to deal with than Comcast. Compared to Cloud9 there are really no redeeming qualities. It's more expensive, it lacks many useful features of Cloud9 (such as web app and ease of login from any computer, which was great for logging in from client sites). Tech support response time is horrible and they never fix anything right the first time, which means you will spend hours and sometimes days trying to resolve issues that never should have come up in the first place.
January 4, 2018
Satin P.
July 24, 2018

“Amazing & Affordable Service”

ProsMy business uses APC to host our entire server because we do not have an on-site tech to manage a server and 11 computers for us. Having APC is imperative to our business and something we can't function without. The customer support has been outstanding and prompt every tim we've needed anything.
ConsSo far, no complaints! Total ease of use and grateful for that. I literally have nothing to say, so don't want to just type something here if I have no "cons"
July 24, 2018
Mark P.
June 29, 2018

“Absolutely the most HORRIFIC experience dealing with an IT provider!!!!!!!”

OverallAbsolutely NONE. Best thing is that I'm completely away from this company.
ProsOriginally on Cloud9. Then pushed by sales people to move over to APC after Cloud9's cyber attack in Sept of 2017. With over 30 years years as CFO in mid-sized firms working with accounting software and interfacing with IT support, I have never dealt with the level of incompetency, poor service, and questionable ethics as I did with AbacusNext. The ONLY Pro is that I am no longer with them.
ConsPromises made but not kept..... smoke and mirrors. Inexperienced support staff ignorant of configuring / managing accounting applications. Unable to properly configure and manage 2-factor authentication. Results of the above was that many of my users (both staff and clients) could not access APC at all, or use certain apps once logged into APC, sometimes for weeks at a time. Clients threatened to leave me due to Abacus's horrendous service. SENIOR MANAGEMENT DID NOT WANT TO LISTEN, WOULD NOT RETURN MY REQUESTS TO TALK.
June 29, 2018
Allan R.
Managing member
Legal Services, Self-employed
April 8, 2019

“Not worth the money or effort”

OverallPretty abysmal.
ProsIt can do nearly everything you need, but the time investment to get it to work is daunting.
ConsHigh-level technical support. I had Abacus on a local server for about 20 years and moved it to the cloud in 2016. After the move, I learned that my accounting was off - way off. Cases, timeslips, invoices and deposits disappeared. Despite their efforts - and a substantial amount of my time - it was never fixed. Despite this, they would not let me out of my contract. The "best" they could do was offer to let me out for half of the contract term so long as I did not let people know about the accounting snafu.
April 8, 2019