Count Me In (CMI) Ratings

Overall

About Count Me In (CMI)

Trusted time and attendance tracking software with an intuitive user interface, simple configuration, and integration capabilities with todays most popular accounting programs. Count Me In is what you've always needed. Learn more about Count Me In (CMI)

georgia K.

“Keeping up with Time”

OverallThe finger print reader has been for the most part the best reason to use this product. Prior to the finger print reader we used time cards. This allowed others to punch in and out for other employees. It resolved a large portion of our problem of others clocking in and out for their fellow employee.
ProsI like most about this software is the ease of use. It is simple enough yet accurate enough with a small amount of time needed to reconcile time cards.
ConsThe finger print reader needs to be better quality because once an employee finds out that they can use the Bulls eye to clock in and out they use that method instead of the finger print reader. This causes increase mistakes due to clicking on another persons name to pinch in and out.
Matt C.
GM
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

“Count Me In Software”

OverallA good time saver, and a good system, particularly the finger print scanner and CMI software, particularly for the cost. Other systems available at our time of purchase did many things we did not need, and were much more expensive.
ProsImports finger print scan time card data to QuickBooks, making payroll calculations much faster. Really like the business rules which allow me to administer paid breaks, types of work, rounding rules, get notified if overtime is happening, etc. that are then automatically done. Also like that team members can track their own hours and print out a copy of time cards anytime.
ConsDifficulty with QuickBooks integration. It has been the only problematic portion of the system/software. There was about a year span where the software could not obtain the QuickBooks certificate and support could do nothing about it. I felt at that time some type of refund should have been offered due to a key portion of the software not working. Even without the QB integration, it is still a nice product, but with it is a huge time saver and keeps all time card data/calculations open to the team members and greatly reduces questions regarding timecard calculations.
Rosemarie H.
May 30, 2019

“This Manager Loves Count Me In !!”

OverallCount Me In has made the job of doing payroll a breeze. I can print out the hours worked, and enter them into the online payroll system we use. I have great back up information if an employee questions the hours that they worked!!
ProsWe are a small medical practice and previously we had time sheets that the employees would write in their times. When I joined the practice the physicians expressed concern that "something shady was happening" with employees time accountability. It was felt that SOME employees were leaving before their shift was to end. It was hard to confirm this suspicion. Shortly after I implemented the Count Me In program. The use of the fingerprints has ended the early departure of employees. We highly recommend the program to other practices. The software is reasonably priced and easy to use. Thank you Count Me In for making me look like a Hero to my Bosses
ConsOn occasion the finger print reader does not work and the employees use their PIN number to punch IN/Out My concern is this is a way for a dishonest person to leave early and have another employee punch them out.
May 30, 2019
eric e.
surgeon
September 10, 2019

“Easy to use and very helpful...”

OverallI implemented Count Me In during my first year in my business. I needed a way to make sure employees accurately kept track of their work hours. Since I am not in the office during all work hours, it was necessary to have a mechanism that kept everyone "honest". While I did not accuse employees of fudging hours previously, I did have to trust that they were giving me the actual hours they worked. With Count Me In, there is no question as to who is punched in and who is not. I feel that it was a big help in removing the question mark of whether my employees were reporting accurate hours. I didn't feel like any other system (other than biometric) would provide that.
ProsEmployee must be present to "punch in". It has many features that I don't use. I just needed something that was fool proof. The only way someone can punch in is to be physically present.
ConsCan't think of a "con". It does exactly what I need.
Karen T.

“Counting the Hours”

OverallOverall, I find that CMI has been most beneficial to our business. We were able to eliminate the very dated time clock, avoid potential issues of employees clocking in for each other. CMI has streamlined the whole payroll process for us. No system is perfect but we have found CMI most effective.
ProsWhat I like most about CMI is the ease of use, the minimum effort needed to transfer employee "punches" to payroll, the security of having employees solely responsible for reporting their own time (no problems with employees "punching in" for each other).
ConsWhat I like least is the fact that employees are unable to view their own "punches" to determine if they actually clocked in or not. Very often, employees get distracted and forget to clock in. Then when they clock out for lunch the software tells them they are clocking in. If they were able to review that information at the time of arrival, it would eliminate the need for the multitude of sticky notes left to clarify clock in times.
David L.
Administrator/Owner
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

“Assisted Living Facility”

OverallI confess that in 2002 when i bought the company, employees were writing down their in and out times on a paper grid requiring manual calculating and rounding total hours. i continued this process for a year or so because most time clock systems were to expensive. Count Me In was the perfect match for our 20 or so employee business.
Proshave been using Count Me In for many years. for a small company it is extremely easy to use and reliable. the reporting capabilities are basic but adequate for my needs. We use the biometric fingerprint system for punches and my payroll processing is made much easier than any other system i have used.
Consspecial situations sometimes require adding a "forced" version of a standard hour designation, for example, over the years there have been times when i must use a "forced OT" or "forced Regular". it is a mild inconvenience.
Michael L.
IT Director
Insurance, 51-200 employees
September 10, 2019

“Best Biometric product on the market”

OverallOverall it has served more than its purpose for the last couple of decades. I even added a version in our satellite office to reduce their payroll pain.
ProsAfter an exhaustive search for a time card system back in the day. I came across CMI. For its cost and the value we would receive I gave it a shot. Once it was put in place we utilized the software to create time tracking for our employees and were able to control all aspects of work, sick, and vacation time on all employees. It reduced our work load and made tacking these figures for the government easy for us to show when audited. Best tool I ever recommended.
ConsReally cannot not say anything bad about the product and the software.
Dana L.
Vice President
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Count Me In”

ProsCMI is the most affordable product I found on the market. Our Company has, 70 employees and 7 different locations and the ability to retrieve punches when our internet or server has issues is critical. The scan equipment is reasonably priced and is shipped when ordered in a timely manner. CMI was able to accommodate the six different classes of employees which was also necessary for the software to work for our company.
ConsIt has been, probably 8 years since we first went online with CMI. If I remember correctly it took a bit to get everything set up. This could have been more due to lack of experience than anything else. We were using manual time cards prior to CMI.
Hemang B.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
September 16, 2019

“Fair enough”

ProsEasy to use it. Send the payroll or the time is cery eady
Consscanner take too long to punch in. Screen doesnt accept the fingerprint fast.
September 16, 2019
Asif R.
September 5, 2019

“Easy to install and use”

OverallHas accurately kept track of employee hours, vocations, sick time and other work related record keeping.
ProsEasy to install and use. Trouble free. Has not created any issues. Employees like it and it is easy to manage the employees work hours Otherwise this software has worked well for us. It does not have to sit in the cloud, which I don't like for security related issues anyway.
Cons I have been a long-time user off about 10+ years. Then I had to migrate data to a newer version, some of the data could not be fully transferred into the new version. But that is a minor issue, Otherwise this software has worked well for us.
Andrea M.
Financial Administrator
August 28, 2019

“Count me in "COUNTS"”

OverallI highly recommend Count Me In. It will save your payroll dept time & money when processing payroll!
ProsI LOVE this software. I process payroll & this is the most easiest way to do payroll. It calculates the hours a person works each day. I do not have to sit @ my desk & add up hours. It is very easy to set up an employee. All you have to do is enter their full name, have the employee pick a finger to register & you are done. Logging in & out is quick & easy.
ConsThe only con is the devise gets a build up of employees dirt, sweat, lotions, etc on their fingers & the device doesn't always accept an employees punch in/out.
August 28, 2019
VIJAY V.
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
September 30, 2019

“Great Software with ever better support!”

OverallThe software itself is great. We use it in 6 locations for over 140 employees. Anytime I need help, their tech support department (located in Nevada) is super helpful.
ProsIt does great for employee time keeping, scheduling, etc. I don't use every feature of the software but it does exactly what you would expect for employee time tracking.
ConsI can't think of anything. It would be nice if the data could be imported directly into QuickBooks. However, this feature may already exist and I just don't know about it. If a feature doesn't exist, their tech support department is great at helping with any type of solution you need.
September 30, 2019
Richard B.

“Time Clock Software”

ProsThe software helps reduce time clock errors and allows for an accurate report of hours worked. It prevents time fraud or having a "friend" or coworker checking someone in
ConsThe only issue that I can comment on is that it would be nice to be able to archive old employees that are no longer at the office. When every I pull up the employee list, I see all the employees that have been here for the last 20 years. Archiving would be very helpful. The other option would be to only pull up the active employee list currently the default is everyone for the entire history
Jeannie G.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
June 3, 2019

“Long time customer of count me in”

OverallWe have used count me in to track employee hours for over 10 years. I love that it has a fingerprint reader. The software is very customer friendly and easy to use. Customer service is also knowledgeable and prompt with their responses and help.
ProsCount me in is super easy to use. The software is very customer friendly and is compatible with QuickBooks. We have used this software for over 10 years. It tracks by using a fingerprint reader which I really like. This was one of the big reasons we chose this software.
ConsThere are not any cons to the software that I can think of.
June 3, 2019
Kimi A.
Accounting, 11-50 employees
May 22, 2019

“Great product! Nothing else on the market like this!”

OverallCMI has solved the problem of manually entering and keeping track of hours. It solves the problem with getting hours into QuickBooks to create payroll. Even if you don't use QuickBooks, this is a great way to keep track of employee hours and breaks.
ProsAfter all the setup, the ease of use to get all payroll hours into QuickBooks is incredible. It save HOURS of time in manual entry, and it keeps the hours for employee's accurate across the board . This in turn saves money on over paid hours for the company, and hours paying to enter payroll hours manually.
ConsEvery now and then there is a glitch, or Intuit will change something and a solution has to be found. However, customer service it always there! I wish we didn't have to pay for the customer service, but there are no annual update fees, so it equals out. I wouldn't say this is a simple program to learn. The learning curve takes a minute. But again customer service is great.

“Count Me In”

OverallWe have been using Count Me In for 8 years now. Just upgraded software version after looking at other software, we decided to upgrade and stay with this one.
ProsThis software is extremely user-friendly. With the fingerprint scanner and punch key, enables all employees to securely punch in and out of their shift. Very easy to setings for initial set-up. User fonctionnality are great.
ConsDepending on the size of your company, I've seen some more advanced settings offered on other software but for a small size business like ours, this system does the job.
David V.
President/CEO
Accounting, 11-50 employees
May 31, 2019

“Great for Medical Practices”

OverallCMI tech support is always available. The biometric devices work great in medical offices and have a long life of use. Integration to QuickBooks makes processing payroll a breeze. As an outsourced CFO and accounting company, we recommend this software regularly to clients in need of office time tracking.
ProsThe Biometric devices are compact and user friendly. Reviewing and modifying time is easy and the QuickBooks integration is a huge plus.
ConsCost for leaving the bronze package to other levels is extremely high and cost prohibitive.
Jerome J.
IT Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
September 5, 2019

“Great Program! Awesome support team!”

OverallWe use CMI to track employee work hours. We have been using it for over 8 years now and have been extremely happy with it.
ProsExtremely reliable. Easy and straightforward setup instructions. If you stumble, they have an awesome support team that really wants to help, and they actually know what to do as well.
ConsWorkstation interface is not the same as the Punchstation interface, so it makes navigating a little difficult until you get used to it.
Winston L.
Media Production, 1-10 employees
September 17, 2019

“Good program from a long time user”

OverallKeeping track of hourly help.
ProsVery cost effective, a solid choice for monitoring hourly employees. Makes it very easy to generate reports for payroll. Keep up the good work! OMNI Productions - Carmel, IN
ConsIt is a DOS based program. I fear there are people who would back away thinking the size of the file is so small, it couldn't be good!
Maria S.
September 5, 2019

“Experience with Count Me In”

OverallWe've used this system for years and it works great.
ProsThe fingerprint recognition assures that each employee clocks themselves in
ConsI would like to be able to set limits on punching in based on the employee schedule. For example, if they are supposed to start work at 8am it would not allow them to punch in at 7:30am if they arrive early.
Jim F.
Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees
May 21, 2019

“Count Me In Face Recognition System”

OverallAs a company they have been superb. I have no question that we will stay with them for the next 20 years as well.
ProsIt has been deadly dependable. The present system has been running 24/7 for over 20 years and still going strong. I could not ask for better product quality.
ConsWe have had to tweak windows software every few years but really, that is windows. All minor details and CMI tech service had us going right away.
Benny M.

“Review September 2019”

ProsThe software is straight forward and easy to use. I figured out how to use most of the features without any training or instructions.
ConsThe main thing I have noticed and do not like is the Time Clock creeps up a minute every 3 weeks and the time needs to be readjusted to the correct time. Please note this may not be a CMI software problem, but a problem with the time clock itself.
Tina J.

“Payroll with ease”

OverallI have enjoyed working with CMI. I had previously outsourced our payroll but with the ease of the software and the cost savings, this has been a great fit.
ProsThe ease of using the product. Very user friendly.
ConsI've had issues with finding the correct payroll file.
Izabella B.
June 5, 2019

“Great, easy to use and manage employee's attendance reports ”

ProsThe use of an individual's fingerprints allows the managers to keep truck of attendance and eliminates the theft. The software generates accurate reports for payroll calculations. No need to count hours and minutes, the system generates report for set period of time.
ConsCan not think of anything I don't dislike, otherwise would consider switching to a different program
June 5, 2019
christina R.

“value for money”

OverallIt is a good value for money ,a stable and robust software
ProsIt required very little tech support . It came with almost no glitches once you are setup on time tracking Reports were easy to query and obtain data
Conssometimes editing time when a employee forgot to clock in was not that straight forward. Integration for QB older versions did not work well
Marty P.
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
September 10, 2019

“Review of Your Services”

OverallIt's been good. No real complaints
ProsMakes it easier to do payroll. A lot of our employees don't read or write very well, so using the finger print is easy for them.
ConsI have a hard time creating holidays and it being applied to our time. Also, the actual fingerprint pad should be made from a hard surface so it wouldn't get so scratched up or wear out so quckly.
Louise L.

“Time Clock Software”

Proseasy to use for employees. Reports are easy to read.
Conson speakers it anounces "you been punched in" - the wording sounds a little "agressive" LOL - I think "clocked in" might be better. Doesn't always read the finger print reliably. Would like an option on the reports to run in either minutes of decimals to that it lines up with Quick Books time factoring also.
Preston C.
Human Resources

“Middle of the road”

OverallOverall, Count Me In has been very helpful in keeping track of employee times and exporting the times to complete payroll. The software has sped up the process immensely and made payroll an easy process.
ProsThe software is great when it comes to keeping track of employee times and setting rules for the system to follow.
ConsSometimes the rules and system do not work as intended and there are problems that force me to clear the timecard and start from the beginning. Some functionality issues that cause some undue problems that sometimes have to be fixed after the fact.
Katie S.
Executive Manager

“Review”

OverallOverall very good, little work to maintain and simple to use
ProsI like we can hold people more accountable with their time since it uses fingerprints not ID numbers or time sheets.
ConsThere is some issues with getting the fingerprint reader to read everyone, we have some that it just never works for and then we have some who take a few tries for it to work.
Prabh B.
September 11, 2019

“Easy Help”

OverallIt takes less time for me to complete and collect employee hours and no cheating on the hours is possible.
ProsHow easy it is to use and has a few tabs to maneuver through and not too complicated.
ConsIf I enter the date wrong the system kicks me out and then I have to sign back in and that is a huge waste of time
September 11, 2019
Judy N.
office manager

“Count Me In Review”

ProsConvenient, fast, secured to make sure the staff is clocking in and out themselves and not someone else, easy to use and manage, easy to install, small and compact, setting up fingerprints is easy
Consthe fingerprint scanner didnt work after a couple years so we had to replace.
Jennifer D.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

“Finger Sensor”

ProsConvenient except in those areas addressed in the cons section. We just have not look into other alternatives yet.
ConsWe have to purchase a finger sensor every year for each office because it only last that long. Some staff fingerprints do not work. Sometimes the fingerprint sensor does not work.
JUDY K.
OFFICE MANAGER
September 17, 2019

“Perfect for small company”

ProsThis has worked well for us being a small company. Has been easy to set up and use. This makes it easy to keep track of employee hours. Easily integrates with QuickBooks
ConsFor what we need and use this for I have not found anything I do not like about it.
Gladys C.
Technology Support Representative
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees

“CountMeIn ”

OverallOur teachers use this software to keep track of students' hours for accountability and financial aid purposes.
ProsSoftware is easy to install User setup is easy
ConsYou have to call the company if there is a problem.
Letitia J.
June 4, 2019

“great product”

Overallis a simple way to track hours worked, can clock in using fingerprint scanner
Prosis simple and easy to use to track employees hours worked, clock in and out using fingerprint scanner
Conswas here when business purchased, had to order fingerprint scanner and was simple to install and add to computer
June 4, 2019
Nina G.
IT Manager

“Simple”

OverallCMI works well. So well that I can't think of anything to say about it, which is high praise. Software should remain in the background and do its job, not require constant attention and adjusting.
ProsIt is simple to use and requires minimal maintenance.
ConsOn occasion there have been database issues.
Marie H.
Executive Director/ Franchisee
Education Management, 11-50 employees
May 21, 2019

“Easy, reliable, quality product- we love it!”

OverallThis product has made payroll so much easier. We save time and money with it's accuracy.
ProsIt's easy to use and there is no mistaking a fingerprint. You sign in for yourself when you arrive and sign out when you leave.
ConsOccasionally the fingerprint pad will get touchy, but this is rare.
Terra W.
May 21, 2019

“Cost effective and easy”

ProsIt's easy to use and requires very little maintenance. I can do all the set up of new employees and changes personally without having to contact support.
ConsThere are a few limitations to set up but nothing that would stop me from using or recommending the program.
Nickie C.
Hotel Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
May 31, 2019

“Makes payroll monitoring much easier”

ProsSince moving from ouch cards, we can easily view staff hours as needed and it is so much easier than having to tally the cards. I love it!
ConsWe use the fingerprint sensor and it goes out often. Has to be replaced too quickly.
Joy M.
Retail, 11-50 employees

“Small independent”

ProsVery easy to use, gets staff setup and working very quickly.
ConsFor us, the sounds for clocking in and out are very hard to hear, however this could very well be an issue with our computer, not the program software. Otherwise I have no complaints.
Darlene b.
office Manager
September 6, 2019

“User Friendly”

Overallwe"ll keep using its
Prosvery simple to use, user friendly self explanatory
Consfinger pad gets unreadable way to fast! takes to many tries to get clocked in!
September 6, 2019
Casey F.
DDS

“Count me in”

OverallI am able to capture time more accurately.
ProsThe ease of use and setting up the program.
ConsSometimes it doesn't capture fingerprints. It can be a little difficult to have to add vacation, sick or holiday time.
Roberta H.
Wholesale, 11-50 employees

“Great product”

OverallWanted employees to not be able to clock others in.
ProsWe like the functionality of the product.
ConsSince we have a manufacturing company, sometimes the reader can not read the fingerprints. Would like to see a wireless option.
Thomas S.

“CMI Salas”

OverallGood experience, good product. Helps greatly with payroll.
ProsIt is easy to use and was easy to implement. The staff likes it and it makes payroll easy.
ConsI like everything about the software. We have had no problems since day 1.
Andrea M.
Financial Officer
Retail, 11-50 employees
May 21, 2019

“the software serves us well. some networking issues at setup. Great customer support”

Overallaccuracy of employee time data is a plus
Prosthe customer support that CMI provides, and ease of inputting employee time data into Quickbooks
ConsCMI was a little cumbersome to incorporate into our network, but doable.
Jeanna S.
office manager
September 5, 2019

“Great time card software”

OverallIt's great software to track my employees time.
ProsWe have used this software for several years and it is very easy to maintain and use.
ConsLogging in and out to access different functions.
Jennifer M.
Secretary III
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
September 18, 2019

“the ease of use of CountMeIn software”

OverallIt makes it easy to keep track of employees time.
ProsI like that it is easy to use and reconcile each day
ConsI can't always put in overtime when needed
September 18, 2019
Edward K.
May 29, 2019

“Simple and easy!”

ProsVery easy to use. Almost no training required... we figured everything out on our own!
ConsNo complaints! It is a very straight forward program.
May 29, 2019
Peter O.
Insurance, 1-10 employees

“Money Saver”

ProsControls time punched stops friends from clocking for friend
ConsI can not think of anything at this time
juliana m.
HR department
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

“perfect ”

Proseasy to use, easy to enter on payroll program
Conssometimes sensor acts up, can't delete previous employees