Workfront Ratings

Overall

About Workfront

Workfront is the first modern work management platform to orchestrate all your work in one place. With Workfront, project managers gain the power to streamline requests, plan and prioritize projects, manage processes, digitally review assets, and report on work efforts. Eliminate silos, increase productivity, easily gather important information, collaborate with stakeholders, and work efficiently in either Waterfall or Agile functions by combining your work in one solution. Learn more about Workfront

Chris M.
Analyst, Content
Airlines/Aviation, 10,001+ employees
August 27, 2019

“Helps Streamline Process, Create Accountability”

OverallWorkfront has absolutely changed the way my team works from a process standpoint. Previously, there was no way for us to quantify creative work, evaluate workloads of the creative staff or effectively capture the back and forth that accompanies a creative project. Workfront has solved all of these for us and more.
ProsThere's a lot I love about Workfront. As someone who works on the creative services side of the business, Workfront allows for an orderly intake process using its custom forms (a questionnaire) that allows the project manager to identify the exact asks that are being made. Workfront allows us to easily flip requests into full blown projects, using its task feature to assign each user their own role in the larger project. From a creative perspective, I can use agile project management and set tasks to happen concurrently, or waterfall project management and customize tasks so that one task cannot be started until the previous task is complete. Overall, Workfront offers a really clear process that creates the accountability throughout my team's creative process.
ConsThe software definitely takes some getting used to. There's a good amount of onboarding that usually takes place to learn the terminology (tasks vs project, dashboards and reports) and from my team's perspective we used our onboarding sessions to customize dashboards for each section of the team. The copywriters have their own dashboard and the designers have theres. So although the complexity is a con, it offers good potential for further customization.
August 27, 2019
Sara T.
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees

“PMO take on Workfront”

OverallI am a champion of Workfront for my company, although I am a SME/admin and not responsible for the day to day Workfront use, it was a great experience begin involved in the implementation and owning one of the workstreams. Workfront lets you become a SME and get to know the system so easily, without constantly changing it (or providing straight forward changes that do not interrupt your day to day work.
ProsGoing from using four different platforms to manage the intake, planning and execution of projects (ServiceNow, excel, Smartsheet and Microsoft Project) down to 1 single platform has been a life saver for the teams that I am on for my company. We were able to train our submitters on one system, built our own workflows, and then turned around and trained our PM's on the same system. One Pro I love is that we can make changes and enhancements on the drop of a hat (well, with planning and thought ahead of time), versus ServiceNow, where it took us 2-3 minutes to simply change a field name. I also enjoy the time and attention that Workfront has given to my company, they listen well and problem solve along side us, not just for us,
ConsWe are still in the Legacy Resource Planner because we have set up our job roles for each team, so the legacy system lets us set capacity estimates when planning projects (for example, Our Integration team is all under Integration job role, but we allocated 10% of their time in our resource planner towards discretionary projects, which allows us to better plan and prioritize this huge bucket of work). There is no way for us to set capacity %'s for job roles in the new system, without creating new job roles.
Eliabeth P.
Digital Producer
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
May 7, 2019

“My favorite project management system by miles”

OverallI've used Workfront with three different companies over the last five years. I've been able to use Workfront to help cut campaign request, approval and building in half, to solve the "everything through email" issue and to manage an extremely high volume of request from internal, external and disparate teams in a large organization that is change resistant. It's been meldable, helpful and honestly fun to learn and grow with Workfront as a company and as a system.
ProsI love that Workfront is easy to configure and change as your organization grows. It's easy to stay up to speed with and make changes based on system changes and your organization changing. I also am in love with the reporting and custom data features. Custom forms and the ability to manipulate them to get data has been invaluable in every organization I've been in to date that has used Workfront.
ConsI don't really have a ton of complaints if the system is configured well. Maybe that there are too many features? It can be a lot to wrap your head around but if you have the time to get to know it it is irreplaceable.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

“Big Fan”

OverallI started as a planner and then got promoted to a Marketing Project Manager and became the System Admin. Over time I've noticed people staying on track of their assignments better and knowing overall deadlines. Also all communication for the project lives in one place for everyone on the project, so you don't have to be worried about falling out of the loop via emails like before. User adoption is up thanks to great boot camp training for me as a system admin.
ProsI really like the organizational elements. Building templates takes a lot of time, but once they're built, it makes it easy for bulk editing and converting requests into projects. When it was first implemented, the company wasn't on board outside of the Marketing department. After attending Admin Boot Camp, I created a staff training program and now user adoption is much higher. I especially love the legacy of projects. You can refer to previous years for recurring events/projects. Your support team is very nice and professional. Lately your team has offered calls after submitting tickets which I greatly appreciate it. It makes it much clearer on both ends. Also love that all documents, updates, etc. live in one place and not in dozens of offline emails!
ConsThe new Home isn't fantastic. There are still a lot of limitations, so the number of clicks are still the same as the legacy version. For example, if they want to refer to a document in the task, they have to click into the task. Also, there's difficulty in seeing all updates made in the task so if you need to reply to a thread, you can't do it. At least our users can't.
Heather O.
Marketing Specialist
Environmental Services, 1001-5000 employees

“Workfront”

OverallWorkfront is our go-to. We have someone needing something we send them to submit their need through Workfront. IF someone needs to review or approval something, we send it through Workfront. That way we have a trail of information of why we did the things we did or went with the project(s). Its the paper trail. It also took us from having 2-3 hour long status meetings every week to one 30 minute meeting sometimes every week or so. We can summarize much better than running through a multiple page document spreadsheet. It has saved us time and sanity.
ProsI am able to add all my projects and tasks into one location so that my team is aware of what I am working on and my clients can see where their project stands. This is very helpful in case something happens, we often say, if we get hit by "the bus" someone will know where my project is and what to do next.
ConsIt was a rough start. The account rep(s) that we have had were not very good at making sure we were happy as a customer or if we had a need. Since we got our remote system admin, it has been amazing. We love our rep!
Andrew K.
Internet, 51-200 employees
November 7, 2018

“Sys Admin User”

OverallWe use the tool to manage all website development projects (tasks, assignments, schedule, LOE, performance reporting, team management, etc.) time logging, Agile burndown, Kanban, employee tracking, and billing; pretty much every aspect of our business.
Pros-The ability to customize the software to fit within your business operations. It's not a one size fits all where you have to modify company operations to fit within like other PM software. -The reporting functionality and the ability to build custom reports -Once you learn how to use it and get to know the intricacies, textmode is AMAZING! It allows you to build very custom reports, templates, fields, calculations, etc. to meet the needs of your business. -The support team is great! Having a dedicated support contact with standing weekly 30-minute meetings has been very helpful. Additionally, the "consulting hours" come in very handy when there are items that myself or other system experts within my company can't figure out because they are able to use their knowledge and expertise to get us what we need.
Cons-We submit enhancement ideas or tickets to the product team and feel like they always just get lost in the shuffle. There are a lot of things that we could use but I guess other companies or Workfront don't see the value so our ideas are very slow to be added to their Product Roadmap or come to market. -It's not the cheapest on the market, that's for sure. -There is somewhat of a learning curve for new employees at my company trying to learn the software just because it is SO powerful. -There could be better integrations, specifically with Git.
November 7, 2018
Jonathan H.
Retail Card Account Manager
Financial Services, Unspecified
June 12, 2018

“Workfront makes managing projects easy with strong training, support and reporting features.”

OverallIt helps us save time when it comes to resource allocation and time management. The reporting features helps upper-management better understand what we are doing and how much time it takes to do it. I love how they are constantly pushing updates that help improve the tool based on user feedback.
ProsI have been a Workfront user for a few years now and am a big proponent of this project management tool for several reasons. 1) I find it very intuitive for users to use 2) It is easily customized based on the needs of your users 3) The reporting feature is worth the price of admission itself 4) Their support team is quick to respond and the self-help area is robust so you can find an answer to any question you may come across 5) Workfront offers a comprehensive training tool that covers several types and levels of training for users at all levels including frequent live trainings 6) The Community area is a great place to share ideas and ask for help from other users 7) They are constantly making updates and improvements to the tool 8) The Workfront Proof viewer is a great feature for those who want to markup and share creative within a project. We looked at several solutions and I'd say that Workfront was by far the best option for our internal creative agency.
ConsSetting up can be time consuming if you don't already have a process in place. Do your homework and dedicate the time to do it right before launch or else user adoption can be difficult. Plan on user adoption to be your biggest hurdle as people are uncomfortable with change. Make the Workfront trainings mandatory before use.
June 12, 2018
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 10,001+ employees
October 22, 2015

“Complete and powerful PM information system with some areas to improve”

OverallWorking in an in-house marketing department, we have been using Workfront for three years to manage our projects and operations. We need overall visibility on all the activities of our department, plus a powerful collaboration platform. Our main aim using Workfront is to manage the capacity vs workload of our department and to be able to forecast the demand. Workfront is fulfilling our basic needs, but we feel that there is a lack of ability to create clear dashboards or to have a better visibility of critical task between multiple projects at the same time (which happens when several campaigns overlap). There are other points to improve (see Cons below), but it seems that folks at Workfront are committed to improve those areas and correct the product weaknesses.
ProsLogging hours is not painful (as it actually sounds), there are several choices to input them and it's quite easy to get used to the habit. The collaboration features are very good: comments, sharing if documents, approvals... Work requests via assignments are clear and provide accountability. Integrated document proofing and versioning is a must for any creative department and this one works really well. Workfront support is quick and responses are elaborated, always providing a workaround if there isn't a functionality to match your need.
ConsReporting is a bit limited; while basic reporting is completely fulfilled and you can present the information in clear graphs, when you try to create complex relations (historic vs forecast, capacity vs demand) things get more complicated, there are limitations and you need workarounds to obtain the desired (or closest to the desired) information. Sharing of information is cumbersome; although you can send automatic reports by email, it's difficult to distribute more elaborated pieces of information. Resource management is limited; there are tools in the system, but they are not intuitive and are a legacy of previous versions of the system. Learning curve is steep, it doesn't take much time to get familiarised with the common request-collaborate actions (which most of the users will do), but it needs much time and training to carry out actual project management processes within the system.
October 22, 2015
Christopher M.
Marketing Project Manager
Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees
December 28, 2018

“Workfront Great for 'Doers' to monitor their KPI's”

OverallGreat product!
ProsThis software works great to track your KPI's and to update and monitor your progress on any assignments that are assigned to your and projects you are working on. For simple to-dos and assignments and tasks, etc. it's really effective with a pick list of choices to choose from to update the status, upload files, log hours work, comment, etc. and inform business stakeholders requesting on the progress of a given workfront request. For more thorough projects, it is very detailed and shows the workflow broken down if you know how to set expectations with Project Management tools following the process of PMI (Project Management Institute) or that of the project management profession itself and along the lines of the PMP; such as float and slack time, dependencies on tasks for deliverable's, critical paths, etc. Honestly it's a great tool and I highly recommend it. I use it daily and as long as you take the time to learn and use the tool lit'll help your organization and employees to better manage their workloads in Workfront. For me, it helps track my KPI's and deliverables for various stakeholders and business leaders.
ConsIt can be a bit complex at first, especially if you don't have any training. Like anything newly learned, it takes time and if you're not experienced with project management software you may find yourself in a bit of frustration using it.
December 28, 2018
Hospitality, 10,001+ employees
August 6, 2018

“I was hesitant, but I'm a believer”

OverallI'll admit... they sort of had to drag me kicking and screaming into using Workfront. I feared that it was going to be one of those things where it took more time to document/track what you're doing than it took to actually do it. Fortunately that turned out not to be the case. We've found a good balance between tracking things and not having to "feed the beast" all the time.
ProsWorkfront is quite versatile for tracking projects and larger workflows. We use it for individual projects, ongoing work efforts, and even tracking ideas for future development. Other areas of our business use it as a request queue as well, which helps us to put in requests with our communication team and even log suggestions for office improvements. A decent (but not mindblowing) reporting suite with text and simple graphic output helps share status updates.
ConsThe reporting suite could allow for a bit more freedom; it feels slightly stilted when trying to use it. I also was not a fan of the option to have the software tell you that you're on track or behind. I prefer to assign the status myself as I'm involved with the project more intimately and have more of the big picture. Fortunately that's easily changeable in the project settings. The real cons are honestly self-induced. The temptation is there to track all the minutiae of every little bit of the project. And you certainly can... but it ends up being counterproductive as you spend more time updating than doing. Keep your items lofty and you'll avoid that trap.
August 6, 2018
Market Research, 10,001+ employees
October 25, 2018

“Workfront Review”

OverallWe have dozens of projects every day, with different employees in different capacities working on them -- project managers, team leaders, supervisors, editors, writers, graphic designers, proofreaders, strategists. Everyone's input and progress can now be corralled in one place. We have a clear window view in to how the project is going and who might need help with what. Everything is documented in one thread so there is no hiding from a mistake or missed deadline. We can take people outside of the task, like our Legal Department, to get their insight on certain matters.
ProsWhat I like most about Workfront is the visibility it gives to employees and project managers as they navigate a workload from week to week. If 10 people are working on the same task, they can communicate through Workfront channels with respect to questions, concerns and updates. And everything is documented. So, if a conflict arises, we can just go back through the Workfront thread and see what happens. Documentation is so important, especially when you have dozens of projects going at one time.
ConsIt was tough to learn. After a year, I still did not feel like I had it figured it out. The workload queue setup felt wonky to me and I would often grab work from the wrong places because things weren't clearly marked. Also, and maybe this is on our company's IT side of things, it seemed to crash with a certain frequency, or would not normally be available.
October 25, 2018
Kristen C.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
September 3, 2015

“Robust and Flexible But Missing a Few Critical Things”

ProsIt is very configurable and encompasses the best of both worlds: the traditional project management structure (the project has a life of its own and contains many different kinds of objects), along with lighter object-oriented workflow (comments and approvals associated with specific documents). My product team is very responsive and I've had really great experiences with the remote consultants and help desk. Service is really excellent.
ConsGiven the crazy pace of my daily reality, I wouldn't mind a slower rate of change on the product itself. Change is a good thing, and most of them are good, but it changes so frequently that it feels like my team just gets used to the new features and ways of interacting with the product, and then it changes again. Among the things I like LEAST: -it is impossible to expose the actual file name of new document versions. I can't understand why this is so hard. It should be an option to keep your file naming conventions that are relevant to other systems and are relied on by many users, and still take advantage of the versions features. -you should be able to be notified when there is a new version added. Again, this one baffles me. - You should be able to mark a communication URGENT somehow, or set a recurring reminder that can automatically nag people for a response.
Recommendations to other buyersA lot of vendors say they have 'workflow' capabilities, even if it ONLY the ability to comment on a document. Make sure you know what a full project management product is, and then look at all the permutations. Pay special attention to the important details that it is critical for you to be able to customize. For example, if email notifications need to have a customizable message or subject line, ask those questions. Also, what recourse do you have when the system goes down (which happens). Absent having a full local copy of your database, you should at least be able to send yourself the current active projects lists so that you are not TOTALLY dead in the water during an event. Basic contingency planning becomes extremely important.
September 3, 2015
Rebecca L.
Founder + CEO
Events Services, 11-50 employees
September 6, 2019

“Planning software that helps us get the job done”

OverallA great tool, I love the ease of use and the time it has saved my team!
ProsWe have produced hundreds of events and this software is essential to keeping us on time and on budget. The entire company uses it for everything from resource planning, event workflows and automated approvals, to our company-wide operations calendar and staffing. Being able to create customized dashboards to track, in real time, the progress of all of our ongoing projects has led to increased collaboration across our teams and given us time back to focus on our clients. I like the streamlined document proofing capabilities which allows us to eliminate major bottlenecks and reduce unnecessary paper - it all lives in the platform! Every event is different, and the nimble functionality of the platform allows an adaptable environment for our clients while still tracking the necessary metrics of success. The reporting capabilities is terrific, very robust, and most importantly, easy to use. It has everything we need, and even things we didn't know we needed!
ConsBecause the platform is so robust there is a healthy learning curve for new employees, dedication to training and maintenance across the full company is needed for successful adoption.
September 6, 2019
Vic A.
IT Program Manager/Workfront Administrator
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees
May 2, 2018

“Wonderful way to track your work, communicate and report on almost anything you can dream of.”

OverallIt allowed our IT department to go from 5 products to track our work (ITSM, Assana, TFS, MS Project, and Spiratest) to one product where we use it for our Helpdesk, Projects, Agile Teams, Test Cases, and results, and many many dashboards and reports to gauge how we're doing. Now we're able to track our work and if the work belongs to another team we can pass it along without having to recreate it in another tool. The communication function is also been a success for us.
ProsThe work tracking, communication and reporting capabilities. Reporting is a misnomer because it's more of a screen view that allows you to dive deeper into the report and the objects in the report. The Communication methods of being able to comment on objects and allow people to respond via email and still append the reply as a log in the object has been a big win for us. Even naysayers now love the product in our organization. The reporting is so powerful I instruct users to develop their dream scenario and I can usually deliver what they want.
ConsFrom time to time it can get glitchy. They've made great improvements on this over the years and I've had the same issue with other products too (i.e. MS Project used to crash on me once a day). But for the complexity of the product and all the functionality it delivers, it's a very small percentage of time that this occurs.
Scott S.
April 22, 2015

“Using Workfront has made us better.”

ProsThe interface and usability of the product is second to none. We've been using the software since 2009, choosing it because of the easy-to-use interface. The product has gone through numerous redesigns of the interface, and things have just gotten easier with each release. Our users really like it, and there is a quick turnaround in terms of getting started and using the product. The functionality of the software also gives us more than just a shared Gantt chart for projects. It really has given us the ability to manage all our work and be more productive.
ConsThe vendor assigns customer success coordinators (CSCs) to each customer which is basically an account rep. The company itself has gone through various leadership changes, and as a result there has been many reorganizations of the staff. As a result, we have had many different CSCs and really have not had the opportunity to get to know our representative and our representative getting to know us well. Everyone has been great, but the inconsistency on account reps gets frustrating.
Recommendations to other buyersThere are many different products out there and many of them have the same type of functionality. It really is a matter of getting into the system and trying it out to see what is the easiest to use and what your users will want to use and bring them the most value. When we evaluated products, we negotiated extended demos (some for a fee) so that we could get into the products for a few weeks and really see if we can pick it up easily, if our users will pick it up easily, and if it will provide us the functionality we need. My recommendation is to try and get extended demos to really get into the software and try using it for some of your real life projects. Seeing a vendor led demo or online videos only get you part of the story. Getting in there and getting your feet wet gives you the rest.
April 22, 2015
Narayan R.
IT Manager
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
May 1, 2015

“My experience with Workfront has been fantastic.”

ProsThe software is extremely intuitive, very interactive and intelligently designed. It supports the many different approaches to work management and is highly flexible. The API also provides endless opportunity for enterprise integrations. The reporting is very powerful. The training offerings are extremely useful. Quarterly roadmap webinars provide administrators with a great overview of future functionality. The vendor is great to work with. The sales reps, client success consultants, delivery consultants, trainers and support staff are all very helpful in working through issues until they are resolved. Progress on requests is highly visible through their requests interface. The response times for all types of requests, whether direct email or within the support site, are responded to in a timely fashion.
ConsI least like the fact that the product was rebranded. I also do not like some of the limitations of the amounts of data that can be reported out of the system. While the reporting interface is very powerful, the application struggles to provide reports when large amounts of data are being reported on. The sandbox environments are very slow, which results in very little use of them. If they performed well, they would be used much more by our users and administrators for testing. Regarding the vendor, I sometimes feel like there are known issues, bugs or limitations within the software that should be addressed.
Recommendations to other buyersBe sure to plan and communicate far beyond simple project and portfolio management. Have a thorough understanding of both the short-term and long-term goals and be sure to thoroughly explore solutions before proceeding with purchasing the application.
May 1, 2015
Tanya H.
Director, Enterprise Work Management
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
May 8, 2019

“Workfront has helped make work and projects more visible”

OverallOverall the system does what we need it do do, but we are underutilizing it, making it difficult to justify the cost. It is challenging to navigate what are perceived limitations alone, but when you get to conference you see there are workarounds for. Consulting hours are ok, the consultant can make or break if they are valuable and often only bring to the table what you can find in help or community. Account Reps are also challenging and provide inconsistent service.
ProsWorkfront is customizable and can be tailored to meet the different needs of a variety of units throughout the College. Everything can be in one place, making it easier to communicate, and make decisions. The opportunities to make improvements to process are endless.
ConsThere are too many ways to do the same things, making it difficult to train and onboard users. The frequency that things change also makes it hard for existing users to stay on top of functionality. Help and customer support are inconsistent, often pointing you to help articles that you can find on your own. There are many tips and hacks to the system that are almost impossible to find or figure our on your own, and the only time you really learn about them is at conference when you connect with amazing Workfront consultants or attend some great sessions.
Caroline S.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
May 27, 2019

“Ideal tool for the administration of high level projects”

OverallThis tool has allowed to carry out a better organization, planning and management of large business projects since it provides all the appropriate tools for it, being able to prioritize projects, monitor their status and collaborate with different team members, making the work much simpler of everyday.
ProsI like this tool since it is ideal to carry out the administration of high level projects, and this is thanks to the fact that it provides the adequate tools and a configuration that is highly customizable, thus doing the management, collaboration and work in team is much simpler and more fluid, has high quality report reports because they are very detailed and easy to understand, also allows members who are in different countries to collaborate with each other just by sending a request to them and assign assignments that make the development of the project much faster, being able to exchange ideas and comments among them, as well as being able to monitor the progress of each user or the project in general and the best thing is that the tool is always updated and It is very easy to use, which is why it is suitable for the management of large projects.
ConsOne of the things that I think I do not like is that he does not have a live chat and it would be very appropriate since the communication would be much more direct and fast, in addition to his costs or plans are somewhat confusing and to know the same You must communicate through calls with your team since they are not on your platform.
May 27, 2019
Agneta S.
May 18, 2017

“From a constant stream of chaotic, seemingly unstructured requests to a streamlined intake of work.”

OverallHaving a singe route for the marketing operations team (our internal agency) to take in work has created more structured, more consistent intake so work can be assessed more easily. It has completely stopped requests getting stuck in peoples email inboxes or sent to the wrong person. We now also have greater visibility of projects and requests. Can asses the type and volume of work so we can schedule resources easier and plan for future recruitment better.
ProsIt has broad functionality and follow typical project management flows and tools such as agile and different project views. It is rich enough to run complex projects and you can simplify it to make it easier to use for users that have no or limited project management experience. The system administrator can do most, if not all, configuration so you keep control of the system in-house without needing consultancy. I particularly like that you can report on all fields in the system, even against custom forms, so if you have a non-standard project need you can report on it.
ConsOut of the box there are no templates or workflows, which means you start from scratch. There would be nice to have had some basic flows to start with. Some of my colleagues in the marketing team found the broad functionality, needing to access different screens to do different work, quite intimidating. This can be solved with custom dashboards, but as a project management tool designed for marketers (who don't usually have project management training) having an out of the box 'simplified view' would be good.
May 18, 2017
Emma J. H.
Professional Freelancer
Publishing, 11-50 employees
October 11, 2018

“Workfront Leading the Frontier of Web-Based Project Management Systems”

OverallWorkfront is a great web-based project management platform. It is well-designed, and the company continues to make updates to improve it's platform and does not just sit on their hands for one annual update. It is very easy to link projects, manage workflows, the reporting is intuitive, and much more. In addition, asset management is streamlined with ability to house documents within projects, or as my company does for larger programs that span multiple projects, create an actual Document Repository project that can be used across multiple boards. The community is very engaged and admins and project managers can speak together to help figure out the more advanced parts of the platform and how to help arrive at the endpoint your are searching for, wherever possible. They have phenomenal integration with other platforms, with options to have full DAM and more, but each add on increases the price (naturally). Even as they develop, they tend to have beta areas and accept feedback to continue to improve before they launch something that would impact the entire platform.
ProsWell-designed Continual Updates from Workfront instead of waiting to fix problems Ease of linking projects with cross-predecessors Managing Workflows Reporting DAM Engaged community with other Project Managers to discuss best ways to utilize Workfront Integration with other platforms
ConsI am interested in almost all that Workfront has to offer, but to have everything it can do can be cost-prohibitive. My company has utilized other platforms, that may be less efficient and harder to keep everything consolidated, simply because of the additional cost of utilizing the feature in Workfront.
October 11, 2018
Angela S.
Marketing Operations Specialist
May 7, 2019

“Couldn't Do My Job Without It”

OverallWe are solving lack of visibility into the work that hits our team, we also are using Workfront to demonstrate where we are lacking capacity to complete tasks and to collaborate on proofs in one place vs. having a million emails and different sign-offs where people can't see what others have already commented or signed off on.
ProsAllows me to manage 100's of tasks assigned to me, enter time I spend on those task, assign to and collaborate with others all within one tool without having to keep tons of email chains, and allows me to easily demonstrate to management what it is I am working on, how long I spend on it, and introduce opportunities to improve upon the data/processes that we are capturing in Workfront.
ConsCan be hard to teach others to use it because there are many ways of doing the same thing, it's customizable but I think there are some aspects that are surprisingly not customizable that a lot of other businesses would use, and I would really like a way to create object that aren't as big as projects but require a little more effort than Tasks. It's also hard to report comprehensively on tasks and projects if your team has a healthy mix of both.
Ahmed H.
Business Process Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 29, 2018

“Workfront is our way to success in Project Mangement even if it more expensive than other competitors ”

Overall We are using WorkFront for about 2 years now and is very pleased with the functionality and feature set it provides to meet our needs to manage Workfront takes time and effort to implement, but anything worthwhile should. Workfront's team has been very helpful to us and really cares that we earn a win for our team. I am an end user of Workfront within teams. Workfront helps me keep on track with all my work, tracking progress and deadlines to ensure all work is delivered efficiently and on time.
ProsCustomization and Small Duration to be built and including good tools for Project Management In case of owning a lot of tasks on daily basis: Workfront is the best for monitoring and follow up Including all the required Reports for Top Management Very Good Support Team Always upgrading and adding new features and reports
ConsI couldn't reach how to automate prioritizing projects and assigning project, I am searching for this feature currently Company should have a process before using this software else it will not add anything to the work flow Higher Cost than other simpler software's companies Hard to get team members to update data consistently, which impacts project status/reporting
August 29, 2018
July 12, 2018

“Powerful PPM cloud-based tool”

OverallData! It provides the ability to capture so much data and then visualize it via report that it changed our organizational culture from rear facing to forward facing. We now make decisions that can impact future outcomes opposed to reviewing what happened last quarter, which we have no control over now.
ProsIt is a really cool tool. There are many features and so much functionality available. The best thing is the ability to collaborate within the system. Using static project management tools like project can cause issue with static information or mulitple versions of a plan floating about, but with a tool like this one, you have real-time project data. You also have the ability to capture custom data and the best feature is the ability to report on this data real-time.
ConsThere are a lot of features, functionality and configuration in this software. It provides solutions to so many problems and provides value, but you MUST have super users and sys admins to help maintain support and user adoption. This is not something that is easily onboarded in a day or two. It will take careful and thoughtful planning to configure, onboard, train and then support.
July 12, 2018
Dave S.
Technical Training Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees
October 7, 2019

“Solid program for improving your workflow”

OverallPowerful tool in helping control, organize and direct project management. Good for identifying all the tasks involved with a particular project, and assigning responsibilities as to who does what and when.
ProsWorkfront is pretty straightforward and easy to use once you get in there and play around with it a bit. It's well-built and powerful in helping you manage all aspects and tasks involved in a project of any size. Like with many software programs, it takes a bit of orientation to figure it all out, but once done...it's a very helpful and beneficial tool to use.
ConsLike with many software programs, it's not super-intuitive when trying to use it "out of the box". Training and tutorials are certainly available, but at least my experience for our team's approach was more of a "jump in and start using" approach, and that can get a bit tricky since not always obvious where to go to find what.
October 7, 2019
Erica A.
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees

“Workfront ”

OverallWork management for our entire insurance organization. We want a consistent view into the work being completed in each project, program, and portfolio for budgets, resources, etc.
Pros1. Flexibility in providing work management options - easily tailored to support multiple functional groups within a single organization 2. Reporting tool capability - provides the ability to report and display on any piece of information captured in the work management process (with a few limitations on display - see cons) 3. Customer support model - help is always available through the Help function, Workfront Community, and Customer support group
Cons1. Reporting - there are a few limitations to the reporting capability (e.x. you cannot add a project gantt chart to a report or dashboard that displays in the parent/child relationship) 2. Lack of inherent integrations with other popular systems 3. Constant changing of our Customer Support Representative - the customer support model is great for answering questions (almost 24/7), but our company rep has changed 4 times in 3 years - makes it difficult to build a relationship
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
February 8, 2019

“Key for keeping a project on track”

OverallWorkfront is our exclusive project management software. We manage client-facing as well as internal projects using it. We also submit new projects through it and report hours on a monthly basis.
ProsWorkfront has been critical to our projects moving forward. It's customizable for both large-scale projects and individual, quick tasks. As someone who manages projects at a high level, Workfront allows me to see where the project is in development, who is responsible and if there are any problems that need to be addressed. In a client-facing role, I can quickly see if a project is on track for the agreed-upon timeline. The ability to tag internal task owners with questions and notifications is also critical. There are also key functionalities that allow for projects to be submitted and approved through the program as well, then export hours at the end when we look back on reporting on resources.
ConsThere is a learning curve that comes with all of the features of the program and you have to ensure your project management team is trained to use them. A very small criticism is that the Notifications button is very small so sometimes you don't notice if action is waiting on you if you're tasked with many projects within Workfront
February 8, 2019
Jessa S.
Portfolio Coordinator
May 2, 2018

“I think that Workfront is a very innovative system - I think there are some missing pieces too.”

ProsI like that Workfront is pretty easy to navigate, I also like the new front with integrations coming into play. I like how easy it is to do reporting and leverage reports into dashboards.
ConsI do not like the lack of ability to customize user instances. I would prefer to hide everything that a user does not need to see or use to make it way more basic. Right now, the system is not structured to do this by user only by group or permission settings. I think it's also annoying to have current-pending projects not be an option to show on the legacy gnatt and it's a pretty easy feature. I'd also like to see more development with roles and skillsets not the basic settings for primary and secondary roles. I'm happy to hear that the help desk will be restructuring requests going to specific topics such as reporting. I have used the help desk before and have found it frustrating that the consultant I am assigned does not have the knowledge to address my concern/question and I get passed along through the pipe until I reach someone who can. I'd like to see development in reporting more.
Lavanya K.
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
May 8, 2019

“Reliable and very robust PPM tool ”

ProsImplementing Workfront in our organization has helped give the PMO team single source of truth for project and portfolio management and resource availability. Workfront also has FANTASTIC support and documentation that helps solving issues easy. I leverage this forum very often while stuck on a problem. This is also a company that invests a lot in making its products better and listening to the voice of the customer.
ConsBuilding reports can be hard becasue the tool tracks SO MUCH data. It can take a lot of time and effort to learn all aspects of reporting including text mode. It's not really a con but does post challenges in overcoming the learning curve.
Marty H.
Sr. Creative Technologist
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

“Reports Text Mode”

ProsIt's not the software, but the company behind it. I really appreciate the forward thinking view into how you can make work better, easier, more engaging for your customers. I'm extremely excited about the new Workfront experience and can't wait to dig into the new way to engage my teams at work.
ConsReporting. It's very easy to set up a report that tells you what you want if it's a default object in the system. If you want to customize or combine information it becomes a lot more complex. I've gotten into textmode and have scripted a single expression that's well over a thousand characters, with many of those characters simply being a repeated algorithm. It would be so much better if I could write in a more object oriented model using a familiar language like Javascript. I've also learned to aggregate information, but I want to build scripts that display the output in a string with combined information rather than summing a single source of information. All possible with Javascript and similar languages.
Marketing and Advertising, 5001-10,000 employees
May 7, 2019

“Versatile Tool That Helps You Get Stuff Done”

OverallThe biggest thing is controlling the chaos and putting all project related info in one place.
ProsThe tool allows use to build standardization across the global network while allowing for some customizations for individual business units. The tool also has a ton of features that allows a business unit to grow and mature in the tool and in the industry
ConsThe biggest thing for me is the price. It is an expensive tool and so some business units have to do weird or fancy workarounds to reduce the number of licenses purchased. This means they are not using the tool to its fullest potential.
Anna S.
Creative Designer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Unspecified
September 9, 2015

“A Workfront end user to be allocated work and track progress.”

ProsThe overall interface and system is very intuitive to use. One of the most effective parts has been the clear segmentation of each project into separate tasks with individual deadlines and approval steps. This has helped with allocating the best person to work on each task which has resulted in the whole team working more efficiently. The approval process is a useful feature that allows the correct senior staff to confirm the work is complete and has been checked. Additionally, Workfront have been very helpful in implementing suggestions to make the system work better for us and our working processes by implementing suggestions for new functionality. They have also been very proactive in training and getting feedback for new ideas to make the software even better.
ConsSetting up the system has taken a very long time to implement within our business. I understand this is mainly down to the speed at which our business incorporates change and that Workforce has been integrated with existing systems and software we already have in place. The resourcing tool has not been ideal for our working practices and we are needing to do further work before this tool can be fully used - but Workfront are working with us to implement new features that will enable us to use this in the future.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep it simple. Break things down, but not too much... the system allows for every possible combination as it is very flexible, but we have seen issues with making tasks too detailed, resulting in workflows that are not generic enough to be re-used. Think through the steps and work processes you are trying to track and how they are broken down into manageable and similar sized sub-tasks. Training for users is really important. Our biggest learning curve was identifying how, why and when to use the features, how to mark progress etc has been key to the whole team working coherently.
September 9, 2015
Leanne N.
Process & Quality Consultant
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
May 7, 2019

“Making Good Progress - keep investing and Improving!”

OverallSupport and the product itself has improved over time. Need to make intuitive for users and admins - there are so many capabilities and screens to figure out access and why someone can/cannot see data and projects they need to. Is there a way to make the strict project management methodologies less necessary for to do projects and smaller projects so that the other functionality can be used (updates in central location, documents, task assignment) but due dates, durations are not as critical
ProsThe central location for sharing updates, docs, etc vs using email and the proofing functionality of the tool. One tool for all types of requests by queue - eliminated some systems from our process.
ConsLimited reporting capabilities without exporting to Excel or adding an add-in. User Confusion with issue and project and where to add comments and how to find projects. Need admin support to set up layout templates to streamline work and that can be challenging to find time to help users. Also wish you could play with report data vs having to save to generate the report and then delete when finished.
Sophie B.
Sr Knowledge Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2019

“Yes!!!!!!!!!!”

OverallVery satisfactory. Can't imagine another product meeting the needs of our org with so many workflows and such complex data needs. Incredible customer service and training resources. Incredibly helpful annual conference for users and potential buyers.
ProsWorkfront is a fantastic, adaptable project and resource management system. If you have diverse needs across your org or company, it is the product for you. It can be fully adapted to very disparate teams. I find new features and functionality every day.
ConsBecause it's so able-to-be-tailored, a high-quality implementation can take a looong time, but their implementation services are fantastic
September 11, 2019
Mahmud M.
IT consultant
Business Supplies and Equipment, 10,001+ employees
August 21, 2019

“Improve speed and efficiency of work”

OverallIf you are well experienced and understand the software, you can solve all problems and figure out all obstacles. Every month we receive hundreds of request from customers and with request feature I sort them out according to priority score and convert them to project.
ProsThis software one of the best project management software in global market. What they offer? You can easily upload and review documents and this is very important feature that you can not find in many project management softwares. As well as team management important. If your one employee is full of work and other one has free time you can see that and handle it. Project score is important feature. Workflow give score to every project according to form that completed by person who requested it and you can decide which project is priority. If you are working remote, you can use it from mobile devices.
ConsMost of functions are inaccessible in IOS and Android. You can track time, progress of work but more advanced functions do not work. Some of my colleagues encountered building layouts takes time. Beside this I do not know any pros about Workfront. At least according to experience.
August 21, 2019
Elliot L.
AVP, Creative Operations

“Workfront Synchs”

OverallI was part of the team that vetted, implemented and trained the team on Workfront. It is an amazing robust tool. Has everything we need to manage projects.
ProsI love the robust reporting and dashboards it provides the team, management and leadership. Overall, it is the best PM tool I've implemented and used.
ConsIt can be a time consuming for the Account Managers to set up and update projects. Especially once a task goes off schedule.
Julie C.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, 51-200 employees
February 6, 2019

“Robust project management software - almost too robust”

OverallBased on what is written in Cons above, one can see that using Workfront can be a quite frustrating experience. But, once you learn to customize and streamline the software to fit your department's specific needs, it is pretty efficient in helping our workflow.
ProsFairly clean user interface; modern look and feel, with an almost "social media-esque" based interactions in the Updates tab for each project. Proficient and efficient tracking and management of jobs, with the ability to assign each team member to their respective task(s).
ConsThe biggest issue our team has encountered is within the proofing process. There are almost too many ways to upload and submit project files that need to be sent to the Proof stage. Three different people could upload a proof in 3 different ways - and/or in 3 different areas. (Examples: in the Documents tab in the main project; in a Task area for a different subtask; through the sidebar on the right side of the page, where use can click "Ask for Approval", etc.) That's meant to sound confusing and brain-melting, because that's how it often feels in trying to simply send a file for approval and, in turn, receive feedback. We also find ourselves needing to "tag" basically anyone and everyone who MAY be associated with the project. Just in the hopes they'll actually receive the Updates and/or notifications.
February 6, 2019
July 5, 2018

“Great project management tool that consolidates all needed information.”

ProsWhen a whole team is using this tool it allows for seamless progress without having to send mundane and repetitive emails throughout the day. You can track progress, assign tasks to people, upload documents, fill out necessary custom forms and then generate reports from said forms and tasks. It's easily customize able so you can manage and alter templates; also you can mess around in Sandbox which will allow you to try and "break the system" without harming of the already completed work. There are a lot of tools that I've yet to discover in WorkFront, but the live updates that are published company-wide is a great indirect communication tool.
ConsWorkFront can be very slow to update and laggy. Once a template exceeds the 400 task mark, the overall program will start to slow. Also, when altering dates the program can be very slow to update and sometimes I'll need to "Recalculate Timeline" just to see if my edit had saved. I've also heard that it is quite pricey for my company (even though I don't pay for it personally), Smartsheets I've heard is cheaper.
July 5, 2018
Michael F.
Vice President
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
September 28, 2015

“Workfront offers incredible flexibility and reporting”

ProsI absolutely love the user interface and the ability to customize layouts to display exactly the information my users need to get their work done efficiently. Allowing field editing inside views and dashboards is pure genius. Creating custom forms is easy and gives me the flexibility to collect all of the information needed for tasks, issues, projects, requests, etc., and the ability to update these as my company evolves. Reporting is very powerful and we are now using charts and graphs to quickly identify projects and tasks that need attention. Customer support and other services like training, webinars, consulting, user forums, etc. are all top rate. LEAP 2015 was truly impressive and I highly recommend attending LEAP 2016 (I know I'm looking forward to it!)
ConsNothing major comes to mind. There were a few UI-related features that I felt were missing, but the most important ones (to me) have been addressed. Occasionally there are some minor bugs after a software upgrade, but they are always fixed very quickly.
Recommendations to other buyersEnsure you have someone who has the time to learn the system and administer it properly. The software is very configurable and spending some time optimizing it for your business processes will increase adoption and value. The software is great, but it's important that everyone uses it properly, which means a good understanding of requirements, use cases, etc. should be made before implementation.
September 28, 2015
Dave G.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
September 18, 2015

“Happy so far!”

ProsThe product is very easy to use and most of tools provided are easily used or ignored if your companies processes and workflows don't need them. The Workfront consultants we've worked with so far have been great. They're all accommodating and want us to be successful. And the resources we can look at on our own without needing to talk to someone are also pretty great. The videos or schedule training sessions are helpful in giving high-level overviews of the software and how things work. The company also pushes upgrades to the software on a regular basis. I've seen several great improvements come across that tweak how easy it is to do things in the system.
ConsLot's of small nit-picky things. There are bugs here and there but they've been pretty minor and solved by the Workfront teams pretty quickly. The help articles are less helpful as they're fairly generic and don't specifically describe what fields will do/won't do. A lot of that has come through trial an error. Example, there's a required field for Group when you set up a project in the system. The Help Article alludes to this helping share access to the project with that group. Come to find out, this field doesn't do anything at all. The tool has just been upgraded and improved a couple times and the help articles aren't up-to-date to tell you any of that.
Recommendations to other buyersWorkfront is definitely not going to be the cheapest solution for you. However, of the 25+ different vendors we looked through in 2013, this was the best choice for adoption across the agency. That was more important than getting a cheaper product that would require more training and support time. Definitely evaluate other products and see which ones provide you the tools you need and will be adoptable across your company.
September 18, 2015
Angela S.
Campaign Production Manager
September 8, 2015

“Growing and Learning into Workfront”

ProsBeing able to track the approvals on a document is amazing. Prior to Workfront we were keeping track of this via emails and CCing everyone and their supervisors to get responses. Now the system says in "black and white" where approvals are at for all of our documents. I also really like the ability to re-assign tasks to team members on the fly when someone is out sick or preparing to go on vacation. Since I am one of our system administrators I have access to the help desk and the service I have received for the few issues I have submitted has been attentive and friendly. I also like that Workfront encourages their customers to submit product ideas.
ConsI'm still learning the product - I'm by no means an expert at this point, but one of the items myself and my fellow admins have been struggling with is the process of developing templates and learning/teaching resources for this are limited. If this aspect of the product was a little more simplified, we could be even more productive.
Recommendations to other buyers1) Make sure your process flows are well-documented before purchasing any product like this. If you do not have your processes mapped out, this tool will not be as beneficial to you right away. 2) Take into consideration upfront who will be using this product in your organization, and understand how you will be supporting new areas of the company/employees that use the tool. Does the product make it easy for you to do site delegation in the fashion your company wants to do? 3) As part of your evaluation, consider how much time your implementation team has to dedicate to getting your product set up and getting educated. Our experience with Workfront is that they required us to be educated at a certain level about the product before they came on site and it was very valuable, but you need to ensure you are willing and able to dedicate this time.
September 8, 2015
Eric L.
IT PMO Manager
September 1, 2015

“The product works great, nice company to work with”

ProsWhat really differentiates WorkFront from the competition is how well it communicates with the project team as changes are made. Basic reporting is almost trivial - I create reports and extracts for people while they wait. We can schedule reports and automate the communication of critical information. It also provides the project structure we need to model our portfolios, programs, and projects - that helps us keep clear lines of responsibility in projects.
ConsIt is not the strongest role-based infinite capacity planner I've seen. It does a great job of user utilization analysis, but not role-based capacity planning. There are also some data objects that cannot be reported on, which just means we have to get creative.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are evaluating project management software, be sure to compare like with like. With WorkFront, you get portfolio and project management, you get automated status communication, a simple-to-use reporting engine, integrated timesheet functionality, and out-of-the-box support for Agile projects. Be sure that what you compare WorkFront to has those features too. Also, consider the impact to the culture of your business when the level of communication about projects - all the good and all the bad - increases. If you have PMs who like to keep secrets on their projects, they may not like the increased visibility WorkFront allows. There is a cultural impact of making project progress and status information more readily accessible, so be sure your business is ready to have a transparent project environment.
September 1, 2015
Peter D.
Marketing Senior Manager
Chemicals, 1001-5000 employees
September 12, 2019

“Technology and Collaboration will Help you Succeed”

OverallWorkfront has been transformational in the way we manage and collaborate on projects.
ProsWorkfront is a very robust system with the ability to customer a project, imbed milestones and collaborate with internal and external partners. It is truly a leader in the space.
ConsMore of an internal issue but we don't have a unified, cross-functional Admin who is fully understands all the use cases, ways of working, etc. and I would highly recommend having both a center of excellence in addition to a centralized Admin.
September 12, 2019
Marta B.
Information Management Specialist
Machinery, 10,001+ employees
June 3, 2019

“Not only for nerds”

OverallSimply brilliant. It has changed the way my team goes around the daily tasks and how we can find the answers to our stakeholders' questions.
ProsEasiness of configuring and implementing even by a person who is not an IT expert. Great online courses and articles library have helped a lot on making the in-house implementation smooth.
ConsThere aren't things I really didn't like but I remember seeing the application for the first time and having an overwhelming feeling about too many functions and tabs - that's until i've learned what they are for and howe to use them.
June 3, 2019
David G.
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees
October 20, 2015

“Easy use & easy adoption”

OverallThe Workfront system is great and is pretty intuitive to use. I've had folks around the office call it the Facebook of project management tools and it is to some degree. If your users can use Facebook, they'll be able to figure out how to use this system. The greater burden will always be on your plan license users (hopefully your project managers) to learn the ins and outs of what they can accomplish with the tool. It has a lot of features and can be customized greatly.
ProsLots of features and can be customized through the use of custom forms, custom intake processes and reporting tools that allow you to pull pretty much any piece of information you want to see. These reports can also be tailored to specific user groups so they see just what you want them to see or what they have specific access to see. Tasking is handled pretty easily and is aggregated for each user on their My Work page. Depending on work style and workload (# of tasks) I'd highly recommend educating folks to keep their Working On area clean and only pick up new requests as they can begin working on them.
ConsThe current iteration of the resourcing tools need some additional polish. The tool is currently built in flash and per discussions with some consultants there are 2 separate flash pieces that don't always talk to each other very well. We're waiting on additional upgrades the company is planning on making to see how we can best utilize these and report on the information they collect. There's a great grid report for showing availability across users and job roles but it is also built in flash so it's not customizable - it would be extremely valuable if it were something you could tailor and customize while retaining the grid view.
October 20, 2015
Jossua H.
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
May 6, 2019

“Great product, just requires a good amount of proper planning to implement”

ProsIn general, Workfront is a great product. There's a bit of a learning curve but once you nail it, it starts to make sense. Being able to quickly create projects via templates is amazing! It's request queue implementation is great. We've been able to onboard multiple groups within the company with all having the same starting point - Request Queues. I have yet to flex the resourcing planning features but I'm excited to see what Workfront can help with.
ConsThe specific team I help manage projects for manages it's projects using Agile methodologies. Workfront has scrum features and some of the core basic elements in place but that's pretty much it. The basic elements required to say "we have scrum features". Almost seems like its implementation was tacked on towards the end. Features like epics/release planning seem to be basic. Would love to see this expanded.
Deana B.
Associate Creative Director
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees
September 30, 2019

“Great software for team accountability”

OverallThe main reason our company is using Workfront is so that the creative department can log hours against specific projects. This allows our company to track the time it takes to complete a project or task against how much we are being paid for that project. I have been pleased with the ease of use to track my hours, plus it gives me reason to contact our account services department when jobs are not in the system. It has brought a higher level of job accountability to our company.
ProsThe thing I like most about this software is that I can immediately see at-a-glance what my workflow is and the status of the projects I am working on.
ConsUnfortunately, this software allows too much latitude for user error. This could be in part to how our company has it set up which is a whole different issue entirely. I would love to see more prompts to let the user know that they have input information incorrectly and/or information is missing.
September 30, 2019
Richard h.
Global business excellence Manager
Food Production, 1001-5000 employees
June 4, 2019

“workfront review”

OverallWe've found the tool to be very good, (with some weaknesses - see above). Support to date has been variable - delays responding at times but overall we feel a positive experience
Prosthe fact that i can configure the out of the box tool to manage my bespoke business process its relatively intuitive for new users to grasp ongoing development of functionality. it feels like workfront are ambitious but not too big to stop listening to the customers the fact that reviewer licences are free but give some basic functionailty. if we had to pay for all licences it would put us off and limit the scope of the tool
ConsDocument management - its a real weakness of workfront that documents cannot be edited in location and saved down. dowloading, editiing, saving then uploading is very long winded and a barrier to adoption. particularly for those people who use sharepoint. searchability in updates - poor. i can't search / filter messages by subject/user... etc I still feel the reporting is a bit limited and old school (pie charts/bar charts) - we expect more options these days and still therefore have to export data into excel at times to generate different kinds of reports
June 4, 2019
Corey Y.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
May 8, 2019

“Best in breed, but could improve the fundamentals”

OverallRequests come in from across our hospital for changes and fixes to clinical systems. In many cases, the requests can be resolved without becoming projects. Those that are converted to projects can take weeks to years to complete.
ProsI like what Workfront does with regards to work management and resource management.
ConsThe request management features could be better.
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees

“Extremely robust”

OverallBy having a single system for processing and tracking all our Marketing projects, we have improved the planning for the Creative team (primary users) but also the entire Marketing organization, which by virtue of working within Workfront becomes more aware of the way all the parts depend on each other, the importance of certain deadlines, etc. We have also enabled our org to track and easily report out on progress, status, achievements, etc.
ProsWorkfront is fantastic for capturing and tracking data. It's also great for providing different levels of visibility for different kinds of users, and there is lots of scope for customizing for the way your specific organization works, and the way specific users work.
ConsThe user interface has been challenging, especially for occasional users who don't have the time or inclination to figure out the finer points of communicating and finding things within Workfront. The new UI that is being planned for summer looks like a great improvement, with the ability to create simplified layout templates for these occasional users.
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
May 8, 2019

“Perfect if you have resources to support and maintain it.”

ProsWorkfront is easily the most robust cloud based project collaboration software on the market. It is capable of supporting medium, large, and enterprise businesses in a way that can be tailored uniquely to each of your teams, providing each of them a custom experience to streamline the entry and tracking of their work.
ConsAlthough you can use it "out of the box," to fully take advantage of its features requires the support of an implementation consultant. And, if you have a user base of 100 or more users, requires at *least* a part time admin and most likely a full time admin to keep it optimized and running smoothly. That's not so much a con, but something that customers don't consider until after they've already invested in the software and can be an unplanned expense when adopting Workfront.