ADP TotalSource Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.2/5
4.3/5

About ADP TotalSource

ADP TotalSource is a PEO solution that provides small and midsized businesses with all the advantages of a full-service HR department plus access to Fortune 500-caliber benefits. Experts provide exactly the help you need to help with everyday items such as hiring, employee issues, regulatory compliance, paying your employees, and training courses. In addition, experts are available to help you strategize how to make your business a great place to work, expand into new territories, and more. Learn more about ADP TotalSource

Marisol R.
Accounting/HR Manager
Higher Education, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2019

“ADP TotalSource - One stop shop!”

OverallOverall, I am highly satisfied with the product and all the features that are available to use.
ProsI love the fact that all my HR and payroll items are consolidated with one system. I enjoy all the HR features that ADP offers and have used them quite a bit when I come across HR issues!
ConsI would love to see improvements in ease of use when running reports. I've used ADP Run in the past and loved how easy payroll reports were ran there.
October 16, 2019
Joilyn O.
Director of Human Resources
Retail, 11-50 employees
March 13, 2018

“Very user friendly, easy to navigate. Reports are great. Current on laws and mandates involving HR”

OverallThe assurance that I am up on all the laws and mandates involving human resources, that I have handled HR issues appropriately, that my payroll is done correctly with the correct withholdings and my PTO is correctly calculated. I like that I have a plethora of reports at my disposal.
ProsThe ease of use and the fact that I know all my "i's" are dotted and my "t's" are crossed when it comes to Federal and State laws and mandates. Payroll is smooth and easy requiring just a little data entry. The new hire process is quick and easy. I love the Handbook creator and am looking forward to starting the training for our employees. I love that if you are not sure what to do you can click on the training video and take a quick tutorial. I also like that instructions come with most forms so nothing is left out and there is very little room for error. I love my payroll rep and HR business partner. If I have a question, they are always quick with an answer and many times have taken the time to walk me through what to do so I understand the process and learn it.
ConsI have not quite figured out how to use the performance management section under the HR tab. There are still so many functions that I have not used. It took quite a bit of effort to get our PTO to be calculated and to show up on our employees pay stub.
Jennifer E.
Receptionist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
July 10, 2019

“If your looking for a complete Payroll option, This is it!”

OverallADP also allows employees to request time off, and employers to approve or decline. Highly recommend for small and large companies.
ProsThe designers of ADP knew what they were doing when they created it! ADP has everything an employer needs in a payroll company. Clocking in and out is SUPER simple and creates no hassle! As an employer you are able to do full employee evaluations, as well as allow them to self evaluate! You can also assign employees to review each other which is a great option. The best feature of ADP is that employees has access to their employee profile allowing them to see their pay rate, date of hire, view and print out pay stubs, etc which is easier than having to go through an HR department.
ConsI have nothing negative to say about ADP.
July 10, 2019
Law Practice, 51-200 employees
June 21, 2019

“ADP simplifies my HR ”

OverallOverall I love the program. It's so convenient and makes it so everything is at my fingertips. Instead of me sending a million emails to human resources or going up to human resources it's all readily available. Let's say it's the weekend and I need a copy of my last two pay stubs. I can just go online and obtain them with only a few clicks.
ProsI like the fact that this software makes things easy to change. It's super easy to navigate and if I update my address or if I want to change my benefits it's super easy to use. The greatest thing is that I don't have to bug anyone if I just have a short question about my benefits or my time off. Also, my paystubs are all online and easy to view. The system is so easy to use and the site offers great security if you should lose your password.
ConsI don't like the fact that all of the options aren't available within the program but I'm not sure if that's something the place of business chooses or if it's something within the software. For example, most people I see can check their paid time off and other things. My version doesn't allow me to click on paid time off, but I think that has to do with how the company sets their program up.
June 21, 2019
Jesse W.
Property Manager
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2018

“5 Stars All Around”

OverallRegardless of the con listed above, this was an outlying issue, and the overall quality and customer service of this organization has been amazing.
ProsThere are too many pros to write about here. From being able to print off past statements, to being able to view current and past benefits this is an amazing program. The customer service has always been amazing to work with.
ConsThe only issue that I have ever had with them was trying to get a tax issue on my paycheck resolved, there was a lack of communication on the part of customer service, and it took much too long to get the issue resolved.
December 5, 2018
Pascale S.
Client Support Specialist

“Very easy to use ”

ProsWe use ADP throughout the day every day and I have had nothing but great experiences with it; very easy to use and navigate.
ConsJust today, actually, I was signed in and then had to restart my computer. When I opened up a new web browser to restart ADP, it kept telling me that I had it open in another screen. ...which I didn't so that was weird.

By ADP on May 9, 2018
Pascale, Thanks so much for your review! We are pleased to see that ADP TotalSource ranks as a 5-Star product for you. As for that strange one-time web browser glitch, we agree, that is odd. Please know that this review has been passed along to our TotalSource software team so they are aware of this. Thank you again for taking time out from supporting your clients to submit this review. We look forward to continuing to offer stellar service to Quorum Review IRB!
Tiffany O.
Customer Care Supervisor
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1000 employees
November 8, 2018

“User Friendly Human Resources Tool!”

OverallWe use ADP Total Source to keep track of all of our human resources needs.
ProsADP Total Source is really easy to use. I am able to quickly and easily manage my employees timecards and yearly reviews and it takes all of the guess work out of the process for me. I love that it alerts me if something doesn't look right or when things are changed or become due.
ConsThere are still a lot of functions that are available that I do not know how to use. The scheduling part is a little confusing so I don't use it.
November 8, 2018
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
October 3, 2018

“A HR Generalists Dream”

OverallI was with the company when we made the transition over ADP and it was a huge change but it made normal day to day tasks easier and especially helped with time off/ vacation pay, and benefit compliance.
ProsI loved being able to keep track of all my employee payroll, time off, benefits and calendars in one place. I had been working with a much simpler software system before we made the transition and it was honestly like night and day. We had an issue with not being able to completely track employee time off so some employees were taking more vacation time than they had earned and with ADP it was so much easier to track all employee hours.
ConsThe only real complaint I have is the time it takes to complete certain tasks. I would rather it be careful and thorough but sometimes it can be time consuming
October 3, 2018
Victoria T.
Director of Accounting
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
November 8, 2017

“I needed to change the archaic payroll system that was here before me. ”

ProsI mostly like how easy and simple the software is to use. It also gives your employees a lot of control where it would just be time consuming for you, such as their personal information. Employees can update their tax info, direct deposit, request time off, and do all their time clocking. It makes it for a more hands off experience for HR so they can focus on bigger and more important things.
ConsSometimes there are items you can not change without ADP's assistance, that puts a delay on certain items. Also, some items work off of pay periods, so to remove an employee I have needed to wait one-two pay periods.
Helen F.
Executive Administrator
Wireless, 11-50 employees
November 1, 2017

“This software lets you do so many things”

OverallThe ease of turning in payroll whenever I am ready without having to make phone calls to do so. Reports at my fingertips, ease of setting up employees, etc.
ProsLove the ease of putting in payroll, new employees, updating employees, getting reports, terminating employees, etc. Really quick and easy.
ConsThere isn't anything we just don't like about this software. Do wish you could use your right/left arrow keys when inputting payroll. It would save a lot of time. You can use the up/down arrow keys, but not the right/left.
Stacey L.
Information Services, 11-50 employees
May 14, 2019

“Does the Job”

OverallThis HRIS system helps with many compliance efforts and works much better if you have a solid on boarding and transition experience.
ProsIt handles many traditional HRIS functions and also stores employee documents. Benefit enrollments and changes are handled completely by ADP. Minimizes the amount of paperwork needed for new hires. Has reporting features that can connect to existing accounting software.
ConsThe look is a bit clunky. It can be very difficult to navigate at times and finding features not regularly used can be very difficult. Lags behind in customization especially around creating documents that require initials, signatures and so forth. ADP is very large and you can easily get lost among the masses and be transferred many times, even when you have a designated rep.
May 14, 2019
Michael K.
Dir. of Administration
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
March 13, 2018

“ADP has been excellent to work with from implementation to daily HR and Payroll.”

OverallADP has been excellent to work with from implementation to daily HR and Payroll.
ProsWhat do you like most about this software? Ease of use and the fact that ADP has been excellent to work with from implementation to daily HR and Payroll.
ConsWhat do you like least about this software? It would be nice to have an automated benefit renewal web application where the employer can instantly visually see the impact of any substitute health plan on the company and each employee..
Shannon H.
Hospital Administrator
Veterinary, 51-200 employees
March 13, 2018

“I think overall it is a good investment for the company. Even though it does seem expensive.”

OverallThe ability to keep all of my employee information in one place.
ProsI appreciate the ease of use and the availability of information. Information on compensation is available to determine the cost of an employee and to relay that to them. There is also historical data on salary that is helpful to have electronically.
ConsThe customer support seems as if they have too much on their plate. Possibly that they have been given more than they are feasibly able to do.
201-500 employees
December 20, 2017

“Versatile and Easy to use ”

OverallI am able to not only clock in and out, but can access pay stubs, estimate pay, complete reviews, update insurance and personal information and even have access to coupons and discounts.
ProsI like all of the feature that are available for employees in the ADP platform. We are able to complete so many necessary tasks with this platform.
ConsThe software is hard to access from mobile devices. It does not format for mobile viewing and must be used on a desktop/laptop for best viewing.
December 20, 2017
April 25, 2019

“Great software!”

OverallOverall, I believe it's a great product. No major issues with it.
ProsI like the easy of clocking in and out on my cellphone everyday and not being tied down to a computer or an actual time clock.
ConsThe app is a little glitchy and doesn't work 100% of the time. Sometimes it will clock you in twice right in a row and you have to get it fixed by upper management. Requesting time off is a little hard to understand.
April 25, 2019
Sandy B.
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
August 29, 2017

“Great for Administrators”

OverallThe administrative portal is very thorough. The user portal is not as intuitive, unfortunately.
ProsThere are a lot of features and fantastic in-depth reporting, both standard and customizable. You can use csv files to upload large batches of data, instead of having to do the data entry one by one.
ConsIt can be difficult to find what you're looking for. The redesigned site is definitely an improvement, and there's a bookmark feature to assist with this issue.
August 29, 2017
Ryan R.
Supervisor
Education Management, 1-10 employees
July 27, 2019

“Reliable and Recommended”

ProsADP is good once you get used to it. Several years ago when we switched from in-house to ADP I admit that I was not immediately pleased, because things worked before. However, after being with ADP and seeing how organized it is, I can recommend it.
ConsThere is nothing negative to say about ADP Total Source.
July 27, 2019
Salimah R.
Office Coordinator
Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees
February 27, 2019

“Best HR Service Site”

OverallADP Total Source is pretty great and the support staff is top notch.
ProsEase of use. This is one of the best software groups for doing HR/Payroll requirements for a small business. Any questions my employees have I can get it quickly through the site.
ConsThis is a great site. I cant think of any cons. I am glad we chose this site.
February 27, 2019
Nick S.
Design Director / Partner
Graphic Design, 11-50 employees
August 10, 2018

“Run Away, Don't Walk”

OverallTerrible. Full of promises that were never acted on. A "dedicated" team that never responds. Look elsewhere, immediately. We tried giving them numerous chances, numerous, for very simple things that were promised. None are fixed. Even their 24/7 support line takes 6 days to respond.
ProsPTO tracking was pretty good. And good healthcare rates. They consulted when we had an issue with a bad employee. That's about it.
ConsEverything. The system is full of bugs and errors. Running payroll takes about 30 steps. The support team, when actually available which wasn't often, never had answers. We have gone over a year and still have not had a simple employee manual, which was promised the first month. They knew we had employees in California since the beginning, and our dedicated Payroll support person said 1 year later, I didn't know you had employees in CA when we asked why it wasn't available in a dropdown. Our HR support person rarely responds to emails. We keep getting late notices for non-payment from the unemployment services office (which ADP is supposed to pay on time). Employees pay was randomly changed without our notice. The benefits selection process for our employees was a joke-numerous broken links in the system. They weren't even provided a simple explanation of benefits for the plan options. I could go on for days and days about the ridiculous number of errors broken promises. Sorry is all we get, with no resolution. Its a lot of money to pay with NO value. Or a "that's an upgraded feature" despite it being promised by our sales team. The only services that work are the 3rd party solutions they use (which are a lot).
August 10, 2018
Wholesale, 51-200 employees
June 21, 2018

“I have been using ADP Totalsource for more than 2 years for all of my employment needs and training.”

OverallConvenience more than anything.
ProsI can use ADP from my phone. I am able to clock in, view my hours and see my pay without anywhere and anytime. It's very convenient.
ConsThe software doesn't always pick up my punches so my manager has to manually enter them. if i can't remember the exact time of my punch, I have to guess and I lose time.
June 21, 2018
Linda C.
bookkeeper/payroll coordinator
March 27, 2018

“ADP Total Source has been great for our Company.”

ProsHaving our Employees be able to do the paper work online versus doing on paper. The employees have access to their paycheck electronically
ConsThe least thing we like is the internet reports. It is a little time consuming trying to find the report you are looking for however with the more we work with this section it is getting easier
Robin A.
Office Administrator
March 13, 2018

“ADP Totalsource is a fantastic service. ”

ProsManaging payroll and employees and processing new hires. Totalsource is very user friendly and our employees agree!
ConsThe time software that integrates with Totalsource, EZ Labor. The EZ Labor program does well on capturing the clock-in clock-out times, but requires a lot of batch adjustments after importing into Totalsource.
Danielle O.
Human Resources
Machinery, 201-500 employees
March 13, 2018

“Love the software but there are issues linking Easy Labor with Total Source ”

OverallReporting, easy for employees to use and navigate on
ProsThe software is easy to use and navigate with. The reporting mechanisms are very good and helpful too.
ConsHate that Easy Labor and Total Source are separate. Still have issues with the correct accruals showing up consistently in both software packages. The service center is attempting to correct
Chasity D.
General Manager

“Best Decision Ever”

OverallEasy access to all my HR, Payroll and benefits information at a click of a button. I would highly recommend this software for busy office administrators to simplify day to day tasks. I like knowing that I can access the software remotely when I am traveling and I get the same information as I would if I used it in the office. The accessibility is one of the best things this software has to offer.
ProsThe software is easy to use and makes things so much more simple in day to day operations. I find it more user friendly then the competitors software I have used in the past.
THERESE M.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
November 1, 2017

“I LOVE working with ADP Totalsource. Their site is easy to manage and their service is impeccable.”

OverallEase of use, accuracy, support.
ProsVery easy to use. Do not need lessons to use and never need to contact support for assistance for every day things. I could probably state that in the time we have been using ADP Totalsource - approximately 6-8 years, I have had to contact support for their program/site less than 10 times.
November 27, 2018

“Throw that Excel spreadsheet away and pick up this”

ProsBefore, we were tracking hours by using excel. TotalSource made everything really easy. I am not able to track hours, OT, payroll and benefits.
ConsI have no real con about this software other than the customer service. It is sometime really hard to get in contact with anyone when help is needed.
November 27, 2018
Mary S.
Finance Administrator
Accounting, 1-10 employees
March 27, 2018

“Overall experience is great”

OverallWith ADP handling all payroll and benefits I save many, many hours of work. I know the work will be done properly and be kept up with all current regulations.
ProsCustomer support is fabulous. Reps are always able to solve any problems I have save one (see cons). I rest assured knowing that all payroll related tasks are being dealt with properly and in a timely manner.
ConsReporting is weak. I am unable to use ireports and have spent a lot of time with ADP technicians trying to get this function to work to no avail. I would like to be able to run simply reports with just the data I need and not have to download tons of data into a spreadsheet and then sort it out.
Holly S.
Director of HR
November 15, 2017

“Very happy with ADP”

ProsEasy to navigate and find information. Layout is good. Love that just about everything can be done online with little help from Totalsource team.
ConsIt's not even the software, the only issue is for initial log on, ADP has many user sites. It would be easier if ADP didn't have so many log ins.
November 15, 2017
Megan R.
Director of Accounting and Business Operations
Human Resources, 11-50 employees

“Easy to use software”

OverallIt is quick, easy to use, and rarely has system outages.
ProsQuick, easy to navigate, helpful links to other articles or features. The software is able to redirect if needed to get the answers I am looking for.
ConsAs an administrator , the ireports section isn't as easy to use as the other reports in the reporting section.
Cindy H.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
May 13, 2019

“ADP”

OverallThe payroll is always on time and right.
ProsThe payroll program and HR program were great to use. I know the other departments used the accounting part but I did not. It was easy to enter data and easy to run reports.
ConsIt was so much easier than other programs really nothing.
May 13, 2019
Linda H.
CFO
Computer Games, 11-50 employees
March 13, 2018

“One stop shop for payroll, benefits and HR”

OverallA complete payroll, benefits and HR system all in one easy to use application.
ProsPerfect service for our company; offers a breadth of benefits and services our Company could not find on its own as a small employer. Easy to use, amazing customer service and dedicated support people.
Rob W.
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
December 7, 2017

“Once set up very easy to enter data and pull reports”

OverallSave time and money by eliminating the hard copy portion of paystubs etc. No longer have to resend T4s due to staff not updating address, as the staff has the capability and responsibility to log on to their own account and download their own information.
ProsCan create custom reports to meet our company's needs. Saves time and money by eliminating hard copy paystubs - staff has access to view their own information such as paystubs and T4s on line. Help desk is quick to respond. Offers more than just payroll by linking customers to the "Bridge" their HR information site which allows customers to network with other professionals as well as offering a wide range of pertinent HR information.
ConsHave difficulty issuing ROEs, have had to phone for assistance every time and the ADP support team does not seem to be able to explain how to issue an ROE so that the employee's pay is zeroed out - consistently shows negative pay and requires on of the ADP support persons to make the adjustment.
December 7, 2017
Timothy S.
November 1, 2017

“If seen the system evolve, and I see it going in the right direction. ”

ProsAdjustments to employee benefits are helpful. I am able to edit employee's payscale, hours worked, and vacation hours.
ConsReport lookups are slow, and convoluted. It takes a lot of patience to work through the Internet reporting. There needs to be more premade reports to run.
Consumer Goods, 1001-5000 employees
June 13, 2019

“Neutral ”

OverallIt was fine.
ProsIt was easy to navigate. This was used for clocking in and keeping track of taxes days off etc
ConsWas very hard to backtrack and find tax info from previous years. Kept saying to contact old Company and company was saying contact adp
June 13, 2019
cindy s.
Director HR
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
December 18, 2018

“Totalsource”

OverallVery expensive a lot more than your quote.
ProsThat it put most things on one platform basic job of tracking logging in and out and employee record keeping.
ConsSoftware is outdated not easy to navigate. They promise a you will have so much more time not true. And it doesn't replace a hr manager for sure. You never sure if the answer you get is true. also if you give employees a bonus ADP gets a bonus.
December 18, 2018
Hema D A.
Payroll Manager
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
May 4, 2018

“WF System help us to drive Smoothly..... ”

ProsCostumer Support for all the day today issues... Report Generation for monthly , Quarterly & Annually
ConsIt should be more customized in report generating . Assigning of Account managers to the clients should more Efficient in fixing the issues .
MaryEllen S.
March 20, 2018

“Overall I am very happy with ADP. ”

ProsMost of it is very user friendly. Payroll is very easy to submit and if I have a problem you can always call and speak with someone.
ConsI really dislike the ireports, not user friendly at all. Have a hard time finding the reports I need.
Nicole B.
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
October 10, 2017

“Easy to Use”

ProsVery user friendly software, great for small businesses. Payroll and HR support are included so you always have someone to call.
ConsSometimes the reps who are assigned to you are not responsive. They do not have a great sense of urgency.
October 10, 2017
Justin G.
Accounts Payable Analyst
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
October 16, 2018

“Great functionality & ease of use”

ProsVery easy to see time sheet summary and benefits outstanding. Also easy to add requests for time off and submit corrections
ConsUI is somewhat dated but this doesn't hamper performance at all. Ease of use is great!
October 16, 2018
Jenna R.
HR Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2018

“ADP TotalSource Review”

OverallMy overall experience with ADP TotalSource has been painless. It is a great software and service and will continue to use it!
ProsThis software is very user friendly and easy to use.
ConsThere could be some improvements when running reports.
August 15, 2018
March 14, 2018

“We have been a customer of ADP Total Source for almost 20 years ”

ProsProvides us with accurate information. Security is a priority but still user friendly. The information listed on each tab is easy to understand and affords you the opportunity to access more data if necessary.
March 14, 2018
Real Estate, 51-200 employees

“Excellent Service ”

ProsThe software is very easy to use BUT the service and customer support that assist our account is SUPERB!
ConsReporting options and the Ilearn Admin user options could be easier to use.
Laurie K.
VPHR
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
September 16, 2019

“Exceptional Client Services ”

OverallOutstanding
ProsInterconnected modules for a robust national infrastructure
Consmore advanced, proactive communication strategies for shared best practices
September 16, 2019
Heather C.
VP
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2019

“ADP review”

ProsI was the user of ADP for several years at a previous workplace. At one point I was also the administrator of ADP for employees for whom I was the office manager. As a user, it was easy to navigate the program and determine what my pay rate was, how much my paycheck was, what deductions were taken out, how much sick time and vacation time I had, etc. As the administrator, the routine tasks of managing payroll or vacation time were easy enough.
ConsCommunication with the entire staff through the software as well as scheduling features were not up to par.
April 17, 2019
Zeah S.
Controller
August 29, 2018

“PEO”

OverallWe have used ADP TotalSource for several years now. We are a small company that has been hovering around 50 employees and still find the value that a PEO can provide. At time the assistance you get can be lacking depending on the associate assigned to your account and it took us almost a year to get a refund for a cancelled payroll check that they withdrew from our account. Overall they have functioned the way we needed them to and do not have any problems that their competitors would most likely have as well.
ProsMany more options than previous payroll software.
ConsWhen updates are done that provide no additional functionality just changing the look.
August 29, 2018
Carol M.
HR
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
August 21, 2018

“TotalSource is the way to go”

ProsIt is easy to navigate on the TotalSource site; from entering new hires, processing payroll, enrolling in benefits and more.
ConsAt times it can be hard to find a specific reports.
August 21, 2018
Lindiane M.
Quality Inspector
Entertainment, 1001-5000 employees
July 24, 2018

“ok to use”

OverallCan see all my persona information, pay stub, etc. Can clock in and clock out. It is piratical.
ProsDetails on the Information provided. Would be good more explanations boxes saying what is it Item about and the purpose.
ConsYou can not use the application in two devices if you dont log off from one of them. THe application at the cell phone is a bit slow.
July 24, 2018
Brian L.
Talent Resource Manager
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees
August 22, 2018

“One stop shopping for payroll and benefits information”

OverallGreat product and I'm glad my employer uses it!
ProsLove this as an end user, as it gives me access to my pay information as well as benefits. The enrollment process is simple and their customer service is great as well. The extra benefits through ADP (things like cell discounts and discounted movie tickets) are also great.
ConsThey ask to change passwords too often and the LifeMart services opens in a weirdly shaped box through Chrome that you can't change the size of.
August 22, 2018
Paige A.
Assistant HR Manager
March 20, 2018

“We love support team! We like our representatives. They are always helping us! ”

OverallSupport
ProsUser Friendly- Easy access to help or forms. Organized very well. Always shows phone numbers of who to call when you have questions.
ConsNo notification of changes. The change over from www.mytotalsource.com to myadp.com or mykplan.com. Wish there was one site to link all and one username and password for employees
Mandy E.
Accounting Manager
Hospitality, 10,001+ employees
June 16, 2019

“Very user friendly program!”

ProsHow easy it was initially to navigate the software
ConsNothing that comes to mind at moment... no complaints!
June 16, 2019