Nectar HR Ratings

Overall
4.9/5
4.8/5
4.9/5

About Nectar HR

Nectar is a people platform that bundles social recognition, rewards & engagement surveys to create connection and appreciation across your organization. With Nectar, employees and managers can publicly recognize each other based on core values, redeem rewards and access thousands of discounts. We provide you with pre-built engagement surveys so you can capture real-time insights to gauge every aspect of your workplace experience. Learn more about Nectar HR

Sean O.
Partner
December 12, 2019

“Excellent! Very simple resource for 360 team member recognition.”

OverallThe software has provided us with a digital process for recognizing and rewarding team members, both from a manager level and and peer level.
ProsEase of use, robust functionality, cost, flexibility and excellent support. My team loves the ability to publicly recognize and reward other team members.
ConsI actually haven't found a lot of negatives with the software. And the few times I have, the team at Nectar has been quick to resolve the concern and even, on several occasions, update the software to incorporate my suggested improvements.
December 12, 2019
Amy C.
Operations Support
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

“Nectar Review”

OverallNectar has been wonderful and I am excited to use this on a daily basis. Sometimes a "thank you" just isn't enough and this is a way to award points for employees to use to purchase gift cards and who doesn't like a gift card? It makes everyone feel more appreciated and more valued at their jobs and it also makes the employees want to work hard to achieve these points. The best thing is it's so simple and doesn't take time out of an already busy day to do.
ProsThis software has been wonderful. I have been with this company for 15 years and this is the BEST award program we have ever had. It's such an easy way to recognize co workers who have gone above and beyond their normal job. It's so simple and takes literally a few minutes to award points to a fellow team member. Our old system was more cumbersome and many people wouldn't bother taking the time. Immediately I noticed people who didn't use the old system are using this one.
ConsThe only thing I don't like is that each person needs to sign up individually and I notice that some co workers don't want to take that tiny effort to do so. I want to award points to a few individuals but if they haven't signed up I can't do that. Not really a problem with software exactly but it's the only thing I don't like.
Chad L.
IT Leader
January 29, 2020

“Fantastic for building comraderie ”

ProsNectar HR encourages and provides us with an easy way to recognize our various team members for their accomplishments, whether it be something big - like finishing a project ahead of schedule - or small - like reviewing a PowerPoint before a presentation. We use Nectar constantly, and being able to see all of the recognition and shout outs that our team members get - especially across disparate departments - gives us all more visibility into the good that is being done constantly, and, more than anything else we've implemented, is helping to build and foster a positive culture of familiarity and friendliness throughout the company
ConsThis is pretty trivial, but I can't use more than one '+' in a single statement.
Austin C.
Software Engineer
January 30, 2020

“Simple to Use, Some Confusion”

ProsI like that it is simple. I select a person, the amount of nectar points, a premade hashtag and then I write my customized message. It required little effort to learn to use, and I can use it quickly and painlessly. It's not a burden to give my colleagues points. It's kind of fun.
ConsI mistakenly navigated to the "perks" page one of the first times that I was looking for the "rewards" page. I was confused and it took me a minute of scrolling through the perks to realize that I was in the wrong place. I navigated back to Nectar's home page and clicked the "my rewards" button located in my user/points card. It may be beneficial to somehow create a greater distinction between perks and rewards, whether through education or renaming or changing up the UI.
Riley B.
Senior Account Executive
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Your Cultural Software”

ProsNectar HR is an easy to use software that has greatly impacted the culture of our company. Being able to recognize certain individuals for outstanding work all the while enjoying company perks. It has been a phenomenal tool for savings as we go out to eat as a team and even more so for our team activities. Nectar HR is a MUST HAVE to strengthen your works culture!
ConsAfter sitting here attempting to think up a con, I realized that I can't. For every idea that I had, I would double-check the capability of the software and found that you can do those things. No con's from me.
Tyler J.
Director of E-Learning
E-Learning, 51-200 employees

“Sweet like Nectar!”

OverallI love that when I am wanting to do a date night, I can go here to find a bunch of different options that aren't gonna break the bank! Also, I've never been one to "show off" my work...but it's so nice when recognition comes completely organically from others who appreciate the work that I put in! Goes a long way in creating a great culture here at Dental Intelligence!
ProsNot in any particular order: - Perks perks perks, including the e-gift cards! - Peer to peer recognition - Employee feedback/ENPS
ConsSometimes employees still don't recognize the app and the perk that I'm attempting to redeem. But this seems to be only with new employees who haven't been exposed yet to the perk.
Maria B.
January 30, 2020

“Super Easy and Intuitive”

OverallMy organization us using Nectar as a peer recognition program. It has REALLY simplified the recognition process and I believe will greatly increase the expression of peer appreciation overall. It also provides a tangible token of that appreciation for each individual being recognized which has not always been the case with other programs we have used.
ProsThe Nectar software is super easy to use. It is very intuitive, all pertinent info is visible, accessible and understandable. The available rewards offer something for everyone and give each person the opportunity to cash their points in for something that is most valuable to them taking the pressure off of the person expressing appreciation or the organization.
ConsIt is not possible to see the dollar value of a reward until you have banked enough points to qualify for that reward. This makes it difficult to know if you want to continue to bank points so you can qualify for the higher point value reward or just spend your reward points right away.
Marnee P.
Guest & Employee Concierge

“Nectar Review”

OverallGiven that I was originally charged with coming up with an Employee Recognition Platform for our company, I feel I have a real understanding of the competition out there. Hands down this is the easiest platform and greatest value! The team is very responsive to questions.
ProsI love how easy and intuitive the program is.
ConsNot all employees have signed up yet. I know you give an incentive to sign-up, but apparently at our company more is needed. With that said, it has only been introduced to the company as a whole one time. Maybe additional communication with employees? Just a thought....
Lynnette M.
Director of Human Resources
Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees
January 27, 2020

“Great for promoting employee recognition!”

OverallI wanted employees to have some autonomy in being able to say thank you or recognize the people they work with every day that was simple, yet impactful. The program has been a success so far!
ProsThe software makes it easy for all employees to quickly give recognition to other employees. It allows them to manage their own points and give a little extra to their thank you. I like that everyone can see the recognition posts, like, comment, or even add on to the amounts.
ConsThe only issue we had was when employees were setting up their accounts and they tried to use Internet Explorer and ran into issues. Once we learned that IE was no longer supported, we have had no issues.
Paul G.
VP of Sales & Operations
January 26, 2020

“Alignment”

OverallLike I stated, I'm moving about 15 departments to this product, so I can have everyone aligned with the company Initiatives. Sales, Service Center, Specialty, PrescribeWellness, Compounding, shipping, packaging, pharmacist, retail, licensing, regulatory, URAC etc. My overall experience has been fantastic. I love the team, their passion & excitement.
ProsI'm excited to get all employees aligned with the company Initiatives and recognizing them for having done so. Ive enjoyed seeing the product evolve and enjoy reading the comments from all employees. I also find it involves everyone on the team, not just management. Very satisfying..
ConsIf leaders don't use all their monthly allotments, do they lose them??? I love the new set up andhave enjoyed working with this group since day one. Good people, doing great things
January 26, 2020
Trevor W.
Sales Director - West Coast
January 30, 2020

“Slow to start, but loving the morale boost our company is seeing from it.”

OverallOverall experience so far is super positive. We are still somewhat new to it (3 months) but it's seems to get used more and more every day. I love the overall positive atmosphere that it creates and allows people to compliment others that they normally wouldn't otherwise.
ProsWith a quick tutorial, it is very easy to use. I love that reminders are emailed to let you know that you have points to give out. It's been easy for me to forget so those emails help a lot. What I love most is the difference I've seen that it makes for our team. It's helped to bring departments closer together and I feel it causes everyone to step up their game.
ConsThe biggest problem I've had is that I forget about it easily. It's usually opened up on my browser but often times my computer will reset and I'll forget to pull it back up.
Chase H.
EVP, Global Sales
February 2, 2020

“Pleasantly surprised at our team's adoption”

OverallOverall, quite positive. I was not expecting our team to adopt it into our culture as rapidly has they have.
ProsNectar HR is a great, easy to use, platform that allows our team to recognize other individuals within our organization for outstanding service and performance. It has quickly become a positive talking point amongst our associates, and has actually provided motivation for the team to go out of their way to help one another.
ConsI haven't found really anything negative to say about the platform. The fact that points expire at the end of the month has forced some on our team to quickly dump their points to other individuals before they lose them. I would love for an alternative way to provide motivation for our team to be distributing their points throughout the month.
February 2, 2020
Justin D.
Logistics Director

“Review”

OverallThis has been our first official way of being able to recognize the positive that everyone is doing!
ProsI do enjoy the ability to recognize individuals for their contributions to others and the impact it has on our company!
ConsI wish that when someone is recognized that there were features to indicate who supervisors are and they are notified as well when someone they oversee have gone above and beyond.
Tim J.
Inside Sales Rep
Entertainment, 11-50 employees

“TruAudio Loves Nectar”

ProsNectar has helped build a friendly/supportive work atmosphere by giving employees the ability to go the extra mile in showing appreciation. From little to big things it is an awesome tool to help build team chemistry. Even without the awesome perks/rewards this software would be worthy to have for any company.
ConsI can't think of anything I do not like about Nectar.
Zachary P.
Pharmacy Technician

“Amazing Benefits!”

OverallOverall, my experience has been extremely positive! I love my new benefits, I've already enjoyed a few meals using gift cards, and it helps my workplace feel smaller and more intimate.
ProsI love the ease of use first and foremost. Nectar emails me when it's close to the end of the month, so I never forget to use my monthly points. I love how easy it is to send points to other and to do shout outs and hashtags. I also LOVE the extra benefits given to me automatically. Like coupons and discounts on local and national businesses.
ConsThere was once, when I clicked a link and went to the home page and it didn't list my available points to give. I had to close it and re-open the page to make it work. That only happened once though.
Emily C.
People Operations
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
December 4, 2019

“Outstanding product to motivate and outstanding team!”

ProsThe design, user friendliness and creativity is very impressive. Our company highly values our employees and this platform produces an easy pipeline for showing them our appreciation with 'hard cash' (aka giftcards) to places they really enjoy. This platform disrupts employee perks and allows employees to have a say in what type of perks they prefer.
ConsWe've been using this platform the last few months and we haven't run into any major flaws-the Nectar team is more than accommodating and available for our questions. Being a tech company, we are really excited for the upcoming slack integration that will make my team more likely to use it on a regular basis!
December 4, 2019
Penny R.
Wellness & Payroll Partner
Retail, 51-200 employees
January 30, 2020

“Easy to Learn/Easy to Use”

ProsThis software is very easy to learn and easy to use. Once you register and login, you're off and running knowing exactly what to do. It's fun to see all the shoutouts and comments.
ConsI haven't come across anything that I least like about the software as of yet. It's pretty user friendly.
Dan R.
December 13, 2019

“Nectar HR has been the way we high five in the office”

OverallBetter interdepartmental communication/recognition
ProsEasy to use. We used it at launch for our Christmas bonuses, and people latched on right away!
ConsWould like a little more insight as an admin in to who is doing what. (ie is there a group on employees that are just giving all their points to the same people)
December 13, 2019
Spencer's G.
Tech Support
Entertainment, 51-200 employees

“Great software”

ProsEasy to use, Very easy to give points away, promotes competition among employees to strive to be better.
ConsBeing given the option to redeem points and not being able to due to the company not setting that part up yet
Taylor D.
Director of Product
February 5, 2020

“Great way to acknowledge others in your org!”

OverallI was thinking the points would be worth more... but maybe that's my organization who has decided not to pump as many funds into the program as I would expect.
ProsI loved that you give points to anyone within the organization... I think this helps cross-departmental culture improvement.
ConsThe UI when giving points felt a little clunky. The first couple of times I gave points the UI didn't make sense in what exactly I needed to detail in order to submit correctly. After I used it a few times I discovered that I had to click each of the icons. It just wasn't a very intuitive first experience.
February 5, 2020
Adler P.
Rate Specialist
Accounting, 11-50 employees

“Great Reward System”

OverallIt has been a really great experience and I look forward to continuing my use of the application.
ProsI liked that this application gave us the ability to acknowledge other employees and actually give them something for their hard work. It replaces an old system in our company that used to be just a paper certificate which no one ever used. Everyone uses this reward system!
ConsI don't like the idea of showing a leaderboard or how many points people have. I think it turns it more into a competition rather than a way to acknowledge hard work and someone helping you.
Stephanie L.
Pharmacy Technican

“Peer Review”

OverallI love this program. It gives feedback and you get rewarded for others notice your hard work. It is a nice confidence booster.
ProsI love that we get to acknowledge and show our co-workers gratitude by giving them a shot out and give them points to go towards a prize. It is nice to be noticed for your hard work, and this gives you something tangible in return.
ConsYou only get 100 points like each week to give out. It makes it more limiting to reward others. If you have multiple peers you would like to recognize, you have to give a lower amount of points.
Crystal K.
Sales Support
January 27, 2020

“A Fun Way to Recognize Co-Workers”

OverallI've noticed that people are watching for ways to "spend" their points on someone else, which is a nice reminder to look for the good happening in the office.
ProsThis software is super easy to navigate, making it easy to write a quick note to give a co-worker a pat on the back. If it's easy to use, it's easy to recognize others for their efforts.
ConsIt would be nice if we got a notification of every recognition and reply submitted within the company; not just on the ones we are tagged on. That way we could all get in on the fun when someone else gets recognized.
Keaton H.
Head of Marketing
Restaurants, 1-10 employees
January 30, 2020

“Fun, Easy to Use Software”

ProsThe software is quite easy to use. Very straightforward and enjoyable to use. We really like the internal rewards system that we use with our employees. It's nice to be incentivized to help each other out on a day-to-day basis. It 's fun to be able to reward points for the little things throughout our bigger projects, and even more fun to be rewarded in return!
ConsIt's not very dynamic. At least from how I've been trained to use it, features are very limited.
Ryan H.
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

“Nectar review”

ProsI like that it is easy to use. I like the leader board and the overall concept. It is really cool to have employees recognize each other in a public setting with potential of rewards from that recognition.
ConsI feel that it is hard to see how I received my points within the website. I wish there was a way to look at the recognition just for me instead of scrolling through everyone else recognition's. If there is such a feature, I am unaware of it and it needs to be easier to access
Tanner N.
West Coast Sales Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

“Great Service”

ProsYou can show appreciation for your coworkers and then use the points to redeem rewards!
ConsOnce you post a comment you can not edit it
Alex M.
Pharmacy Technician
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
January 28, 2020

“Celebrating and Recognizing your Colleagues”

ProsIt's a great way to recognize and be recognized by your company and colleagues in a way that really motivates you.
ConsThe only negative I've seen is that there is definitely the potential for people to only reward a specific person the maximum amount each month, but I haven't really seen it. Most people are giving to the people that deserve it, however it is natural to give more points to the people you actually work with regularly, which is logical.
TruAudio-Jimmy L.
Sales Director, East
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
January 27, 2020

“Great way to recognize and reward!”

ProsVery easy to use and it helps breed teamwork and hard work.
ConsI have not found anything yet I don't like.
KAMMIE B.
shipping clerk
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

“social recognition ”

ProsIts super easy to use and helps recognize your co workers through out the month and helps encourages them to keep up the amazing work that they already do. it helps a company know how great there workers are and can help encourage more positive outlooks on day to day basis.
Constheres no cons to this software. it takes a minute to know what to do and how to use it properly.
Rob B.
Strategic Account Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
January 30, 2020

“Peer-based recognition changes your focus”

OverallI'm seeing employee attitudes change for the better.
ProsThis program promotes peer-based recognition of employees in your organization. Using it affects a personal change in how you view team members, promoting a focus on the great things that people do instead of their short-comings.
ConsI would like to view all employees in the leaderboard. It would be nice to filter shoutouts by employee.
Kaitlyn E.
Recreation Leader/Head Coach
Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

“Great Concept”

OverallI love it! IT feels great when you get recognized by your peers, in front of other departments.
ProsI love how it lets people give points to other co-workers. It helps keep all the co-workers give and receive gifts. it is nice to fill appreciated
Consi wish it came out sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would recommend this to any cooperation or business.
Enrique S.
Warehouse Lead
February 6, 2020

“Friendly UI”

OverallGreat tool for a brief yet motivational "pat on the back."
ProsThe interface is very user friendly, and set up perfectly enough to send out a job well done for everyone to see. The ability to congratulate with our core values plus points towards a reward is a great idea!
ConsNeeds a clearer message that the points accrued do not expire each month.
February 6, 2020
Leah H.
Order Management Specialist
Furniture, 201-500 employees
February 3, 2020

“Rewards for recognizing others!”

OverallI found it very easy to use. I have enjoyed both giving and receiving accolades!
ProsI love using Nectar to give praise to my colleagues. It's a great way to show some public appreciation, and I love that we can both get gift cards for participating!
ConsI can't think of any cons. :) It was very easy to use and it's also fun!
February 3, 2020
Diana D.
Project Coordinator
Design, 51-200 employees
January 30, 2020

“Great platform to recognize and reward team members”

ProsNectar has provided our company with a live platform to recognize, commend and reward our team members for their actions and accomplishments based on our core values! It is very easy to use and is a quick way to show appreciation for other employees.
ConsIntroducing a mobile app would be great!
Kera T.
Pharmacy Technician in Training

“My Review ”

OverallI have been satisfied with my experience so far.
ProsEasy to use. Me and my coworkers love being able to give shout outs to each other. Helps bring positive attitudes to the call floor.
ConsHave not ran into any issues yet. The only thing I thought was an inconvenience was having to wait 7 business days for my card to arrive in the mail.
Kylie P.
Director of Health and Wellbeing
January 27, 2020

“Great overall recognition product”

ProsI like that the leaderboard resets every month and that you can include a hashtag with your recognition.
ConsI have to go through a couple different pages/clicks to figure out how many points I have left. I also wish I could easily see all the nectar points and associated comments I've given out to people.
Holly L.
Recreation Manager
Recreational Facilities and Services, 501-1000 employees

“Great!”

OverallI've realized that Nectar allows us to bring a lot more positivity to the workplace.
ProsNectar allows employees from different departments within our organization to show gratitude for each other. It seems to have boosted the overall morale.
ConsI don't have any complaints at this time.
Chris M.
Infrastructure Projects Manager
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees

“Wonderful program”

OverallThe program is fantastic. Easy to use, easy to recognize the co worker that is outstanding in your organization. I like this program.
ProsThe software is very user friendly. It is a pleasure to use and maneuver around the software and support my coworkers.
ConsI haven't found any issues with the software or website to date.
Kirsten C.
Account Manager

“Nectar HR Recommendation”

ProsI love how intuitive and user friendly the platform is. I love that it has a social media look and feel i.e. hashtags and a timeline.
ConsI don't like the leaderboard and I don't like that I can't review a history of shout outs that have I received, particularly the messages.
Amy C.
rate specialist
Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees
January 27, 2020

“Fun and effective way to acknowledge awesome coworkers”

Pros-Ease of use -Great variety of gift cards to choose from - many team members are excited Starbucks has been added -Leaderboard is fun competition between different departments/teams
ConsFor some reason, I can only use Nectar in Chrome browser.
Mckenzie H.
Sales Rep
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
January 27, 2020

“Great Product for Recognizing Colleges!”

ProsI like that this product is easy to use and that you can shout out your colleges for everyone to view to give them the recognition that they deserve.
ConsThis product overall is great, but I don't necessarily enjoy that you are forced to create a Hashtag.
Dena C.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Review”

OverallI really enjoy using it. I think it was a great idea.
ProsIt allows us to show how much we appreciate our employees.
ConsIt took me a while to understand how to use it, but I am old. LOL. Other employees were just fine with it. A case of operator error. I figured it out.
Aaron H.
Inside Sales Manager
January 27, 2020

“TruAudio Nectar Review ”

OverallHelping build weaker work relationships into stronger ones.
ProsThe ability to acknowledge & appreciate your teams hard work/help they have provided you & the company with.
ConsOnly having so many points to give out because I have such a great team that needs to be recognized more.
Laura J.
Director of Operations
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

“Nectar Feedback”

OverallThis product allows us to reward employees so that they can be selective about what they would like. Very nice!
ProsThe ability to awards points to be used to reward others
ConsWould like more local options, IE: Local restaurants McMinimums, Black Rock Coffee Bar.
Dawn M.
Inside Sales

“Fun to use”

ProsI love being able to reward my co workers! Its easy and fun to use. So far we are really enjoying it and its great morale booster for our team.
ConsCant think of a single thing. Everything so far is awesome!
Shelly B.
Account Coordinator

“Love it!”

OverallIt's been a great experience. We are able to communicate company wide and recognize one another for exemplifying our Core Values!
ProsI appreciate being able to acknowledge my coworkers for a job well done!
ConsThere is nothing I don't like about it thus far!
Tammy H.
Staff Accountant
Retail, 51-200 employees

“Comaraderie”

ProsThis is a good tool for fellow employees to recognize each other for all types of reasons Very easy to use
ConsAt this time since we are relatively new to it I can't think of any Cons
Eric D.
Marketing Director
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

“Love Nectar HR!”

ProsMy favorite part about Nectar is the ability to recognize my colleagues for their hard work that a lot of the time goes unnoticed.
ConsI like it all. It has been a morale boost for our office!
MICHELLE W.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN

“GREAT”

OverallOVERALL IT HAS BEEN GREAT, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM HELPED TO FIX MY PROBLEM I WAS HAVING WITH MY POINTS.
ProsIT IS EASY TO USE AND HAS A LOT OF EXTRA DISCOUNTS AND FEATURES
ConsI DID HAVE SOME ISSUES WITH MY POINTS NOT UPDATING.
Dima S.
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

“PerkNow Review”

OverallGood so far
ProsIt will give us an option to say thank u for any team member when they go extra mile, in unique way.
ConsSometimes it is hard to log in, and finding the right explanation for each shoutout