SIP.US Ratings

Overall

About SIP.US

SIP.US is a business-class SIP trunk service provider for IP-PBX systems and analog/digital telephone adapters. Our SIP trunks operate on your own broadband Internet connection, and we offer unlimited rate plans. Our easy setup, Tier-1 network, and powerful self-service SIP control panel have made us the leading on-demand SIP provider. Since 2007, SIP.US has focused solely on SIP Trunking services. Try our service instantly with a free account today in less than 60 seconds. Learn more about SIP.US

Kimani D.
SaaSOps Engineer
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
June 5, 2019

“Mostly good, some missing features”

OverallOverall we are very happy with the SIP.us solution. We have contractors all over the world, so having the ability to call people all over
Pros- Ease of integration with the PBX (we use Asterisk) - Clear user guide and documentation
Cons- Mostly good for calls made to North American and western-European numbers. Not so good for international calls, especially to some countries - India, Russia and some Eastern-European countries (Romania, Bulgaria, Armenia come to mind). Some providers in these countries seem to detect that our calls are Voip calls and block them. And we have raised this issue with SIP.us, but received no feedback. This means we have to spend more money making phone calls via Skype. And Skype calls are expensive but always go thru, unlike calls made via Sip.us trunk lines. Now, I understand you may say it is not your fault that telcos are blocking calls made thru SIP. But from my PoV as a customer, what I see is simply that Skype-made calls work where SIP-made calls are failing to go through. So what is Skype doing that SIP cannot?
TJ P.
Aviation & Aerospace, 1-10 employees
June 12, 2019

“Good service, great provider, tad pricey though”

OverallOverall experience has been good. The major thing I wish they had is a 24/7 phone number that I could pick up the phone and call for tech support. When we do cutovers and new projects it's usually done after hours or on a weekend to avoid cutting into business hours, so having support 24/7 would be hugely important to tech people like me.
ProsService is outstanding, don't have to deal much with dropped calls or latency issues. The web interface is intuitive and easy to use, and most importantly the support is pretty good (email/ticket only though, really wish they offered more support over phone)
ConsI don't think they have phone support that you can call in normal, if they do please let me know and I'll modify this review. Only other drawback is cost is a tad higher than some others out there. But SIP.US is pretty easy and reliable.
David L.
Software Engineer
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
June 5, 2019

“Fantastic SIP Provider With Excellent Technical Support”

OverallWe use SIP.US as the phone provider for our office's 40-extension phone system. We currently have toll-free and local numbers (DIDs) with them as well as some fax numbers.
Pros- Completely self-service website. - Fantastic technical support that responds within minutes, usually. - Automated number port-in process. - Huge inventory of DIDs across the country. - SMS service is available on most DIDs.
Cons- Website is a little outdated. - Pricing is just fair, not great.
Grant P.
Retail, 51-200 employees
June 4, 2019

“SIP.US for Backup Phones”

OverallWe use SIP.US to handle our calls and send them to voicemail when our main line is down. They have worked great for that purpose, and thankfully we don't have to rely too heavily on their service.
ProsSIP.US works great for our backup phones. We use it irregularly, which means our main phone system is working, so that's good. The UX seems to have gotten a face lift recently, so I have been exploring it a bit to see if there are new features.
ConsThe UX can be convoluted at times. Sometimes a person we had on backup phones ages ago will still get a call, and I have found it difficult to get him removed.
Robert M.
Chief Technology Officer
Insurance, 51-200 employees
May 23, 2018

“SIP.US saved the day and changed how I look at phone service forever.”

OverallWhen I happened across SIP.US in a google search on the weekend when our physical phone system crashed and we had to build a virtual one quickly and get it up and running before Monday, I had never used SIP trunks before. I had not used them because I was unsure of the technology and worried about call quality, the phone company always wanted to bring in a separate circuit to run SIP trunks (more bureaucracy and red tape). SIP.US was fast and easy to get going and JUST WORKS! We enjoy great call quality with SIP.US and have the flexibility to add and remove phone numbers and trunks at will. We can respond to market conditions instantly scaling up or down at will. I wish I would not have waited so long to give this service a try it really does change the way that we think about voice service. I suggest using the free trial and just giving it a shot, once you sign in and see the portal and all that you can do INSTANTLY you will be hooked.
ProsSIP.US is very quick and easy to set up and use. I set it up at around 10pm on a weekend when our phone system had died and we had to recreate a virtual one that could not connect to our existing PRI. Without talking to anyone I had a SIP trunk up and taking calls in less than half an hour without having any previous SIP trunk experience. The next day (on a weekend!) I received a call from the executives at SIP.US to make sure I had everything that I needed. The support team proceeded to help us get all of our numbers ported as quickly as possible (you can do this from the web portal but they were just being nice.) Once I understood the ease of use (no calling and waiting for the phone company to wait through their bureaucracy), reliability and clarity of using SIP trunks through SIP.US I could no longer imagine relying on a traditional phone company for phone service. SIP.US is a game changer, we have never looked back. SIP.US is how phone service should be.
ConsI have not found anything to dislike. SIP.US does what it says it is going to do and keeps on doing it. Full control of my phone service from a web browser, what's not to like?
May 23, 2018
Milton A.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
June 19, 2019

“Good value, direct customer control SIP routing service company”

OverallLowering the cost of all phone services.
ProsCustomer direct control of call routing.
ConsProblems with compatibility and support connecting with some IPPX routing systems, such as Ward Mudy's IncrediblePBX software on a computing platform of the customer's choice for maximum cost efficiency and features/capabilty support.
Victor B.
Consultant

“SIP.us service”

OverallSIP.us allowed me to be operational on multiple platforms. Integration is simple, number selection is good, and implementation is fast. I had a client that needed to LNP 100 DID's and get services up quickly...SIP.us team had me up and working within 2 hours. The numbers were ported very quickly with no issues.
ProsIt's easy to use and it gets the job done. I've been using the service for over 4 years and it's been fantastic. I use it with X-Lite, Cisco CME, Kerio, Cisco phones converted to SIP, GrandStream, etc. The documentation around setup is easy to follow. I'm a consultant and i travel all over and i'm able to connect where ever i go.
ConsI've had a few issues with address validation when setting up billing...but i made a phone call and support resolved it over the phone. I haven't had any issues with service.
Thomas S.
Systems Consultant
Telecommunications, Self-employed
June 4, 2019

“Excellent & easy to use service.”

OverallHave been connected to SIP.US for many years. They've updated the web site to make it even friendlier and self-service is a snap. The only issues I've run into were local to my network & ISP but the support team was able to provide enough clues as to likely cause that I was able to get things up and running.
ProsI have a home lab with a couple of Asterisk servers. Provisioning trunks & numbers is a breeze. I do contract work for businesses in London & Auckland and setting up a local DID is super helpful. Since my usage is quite variable I really appreciate the prepaid pay for what you use plans.
ConsHaven'r run into any snags. I would appreciate SMS options for significantly less cost (although I haven't looked into this in a while).
Kyle A.
Senior Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees
June 28, 2019

“Set it up and forget it”

ProsSip.us easily integrates with our Asterisk PBX. Their customer portal is simple and straight forward to use. We have been using them for years and their uptime has been excellent.
ConsWhen we had an 800 number, we had to pre-pay blocks of dollars for those calls. It was awkward from an accounting standpoint. We don't have the toll free number anymore so that is no longer an issue.
June 28, 2019
Jim M.
Cloud Engineer
June 12, 2019

“SIP.us is a great vendor partner”

OverallSIP.US gave us the ability to provide VOIP managed services without needing the expensive and complex trunking issues. I have always been confident in transferring the phone numbers to sip.us.
ProsThe timely support when I was having issues with my software or my clients software interfacing with sip.us was invaluable. They contacted me directly when there was an administrative (billing issue), which was appreciated. I also like the flexible services and ability to setup trunk accounts.
ConsI'd like to see some advances in encrypting the sip traffic and the ability for me to resell trunk accounts to my customers
Leo A.
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

“SIP US - ”

OverallObviously using them for seven years the overall experience is good. There is room for improvement, but management hasnt seemed interested in making improvements.
ProsFairly simple to implement. Over the past seven years I have used the service it has been very reliable.
ConsBilling can be a bit confusing and customer service a bit difficult at times. This situation has improved over the years however. You have a mix of prepaid and billing which can cause confusion and extra steps. DID billing doesnt come out of prepaid funds like most services. It is billed seperatly and cannot be prepaid.
Charles M.
IT Solutions Developer
June 12, 2019

“Your experience may vary”

OverallI inherited the phone system from the original individual whom had passed away prior to my being hired. Though the user experience has changed with an overhaul over the main site itself, there are still many things that are a pain to do. The bills are also very vague & fixing charges has been a massive pain. Items will have generic listings and refer to something you wouldn't have even thought of. I've tried since January to get credited for an item I was told was 1 thing but turns out it was something we no longer had and while it was removed, the credit was never applied. Weeks can go by without a response to a query or action is taken without a response back. Part of these issues could very well be that I am not the primary on account, but I am the one that handles it. Improving the communication could possibly do wonders for the business as a whole.
ProsYou can login via root and make changes to system via command line. This can be a big plus if you're wanting to make custom edits or security changes to the system to meet your companies' needs.
ConsThe servers were not kept up to date by provider as I was told they would be, so our software has fallen too far behind the current available branches to update. This mostly means I have to keep within specific lines of phones and forced to manually deploy each new phone. This also means that I don't have access to command line tools I would normally have to trouble shoot connection issues the OS is way out of date as well and can't be updated without a massive headache which I haven't found to be worth the effort.
Mitchell S.
Manager of Information Technology
Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees
June 12, 2019

“Amazing No-nonsense SIP Trunks”

Pros-Instant provisioning -Extremely simply setup -Intuitive, feature-rich user interface -Great, responsive customer support
Cons-International rates tend to be on the high side
Steve H.
VP Sales
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
June 12, 2019

“Tip of the Hat to SIP.US”

OverallAfter nearly 5 years the internal SIP.US team continues to be a thought leader when we need new solutions. It happens often that we present an idea and they say "we have been working on that" and they can show us examples of their progress. Priceless.
ProsThe portal for searching for available numbers is very easy to use. We have even integrated our Slack channel into the product so that Sales personnel can use it with the clients.
ConsAt this point there is nothing that comes to mind regarding "least liked".
Chad C.
IT Supervisor
Farming, 51-200 employees

“SIP.US solid services”

OverallMy justification for using SIP.us was simple: better pricing than anyone with similar features/ratings. My justification for using SIP.us when expanding to ALL voip: value and 2 years of uninterrupted service.
ProsSIP.US provides rock-solid VoIP trunks. We used them for our first VoIP PBX deployment and have literally had zero problems with them. Their reliability to provide consistent service is imperative as we're a heavy voice user.
ConsI have no complaints or negative experiences with SIP.us
Ron K.
Security Tech Support
Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

“System Independent”

OverallWe have a system that makes outbound calls via SIP. SIP.US gives us an independent communication separate from our corporate phone system.
ProsThe software provides real time reports. From time to time we receive complaints that a call didn't go through. We can pull a report and see if the went to the right phone number and if it was picked up.
ConsEmail notification with how many times all trunks are busy but it doesn't say when this happened.
Jesus R.
Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

“GOod Service”

OverallWe have a very good experience with this service provider since the beginning 3 ago
ProsSince we been using SIP.US we improve on the communications process in our company, getting faster access to call recordings and several extensions to develop more departments and start grow in a good direction.
ConsI really don't have cons with this service, I can say sometimes the connection is poor so the calls are poor but is not their fault.
Dr. Raymond R.
CEO - CTO
June 4, 2019

“Excellent SIP Services Provider”

OverallWe have utilized a number of providers and this provider is the most stable, responsive and reliable we have found.
ProsSIP Services are very stablr. Redundant Facilities Minimum number of networl issues Excellent Connectivity Excellent and time efficient tech support Minimum number of configuration issues
ConsWe have found no problems or issues to report. Any issues we may have encountered were quickly resolved.
Steve B.
Network Admin
Business Supplies and Equipment, 501-1000 employees
June 19, 2019

“Impressive uptime and call quality”

OverallMy initial concerns were primarily regarding uptime and call quality and neither have been an issue in close to 2 years now. I've had to reach out to the support department on occasion and pleasantly surprised by their knowledgeable staff and responsiveness any time I've needed something.
ProsThe self-service aspect eliminates calling, quoting, back and forth emails.. just saves a ton of time when you know what you're trying to get done and have a limited timeline.
ConsIf alternative calling plans for lower entry costs were offered I'd definitely be using this in more locations.
Greg A.

“Best Implementation!”

OverallSIP.US was a great find. I wanted to set up my own SIP trunk, run my own PBX, use my own IP phones. I thought the hardest part was going to be the SIP trunk. With SIP.US, it was actually the easiest part of the system to set up. Not one glitch, no surprises, and it is the most economical choice I could hope for.
ProsEasy to set up, easy to use, easy to manage!
ConsI have zero complaints! SIP.US was very easy to work with.
Nick S.
Director Remote I.T.
Entertainment, 1001-5000 employees

“Easy Sip Trunks”

ProsIt was easy to setup the SIP trunks using this system. The support team at SIP.US is outstanding they have guides and will assist you with setting up your gear. Also willing to work with you on custom solutions.
Cons There is nothing I didn't like everyone has been very helpful.
Matthew C.

“Great Service”

OverallThey do what we pay for and have not even had to use their backup servers as the primary for has been rock solid.
ProsSIP.US support team went above and beyond pre and post deployment to allow us to get our phone system up.
ConsThere was an increase in the price of the service a few years back but we really cant complain about going from $.01 to $.012 per min.
Jon S.
Media Production, 1-10 employees

“Happy User”

OverallI was referred to them and used them to set up my trunks for my phone system. It was easy to set up and I havent encountered any problems.
ProsIt was easy to set up and after a couple of years of using it, I have never had a problem with it not working.
ConsCan't think of anything. It was easy to use and there were no problems with it, even a couple of years later
Paul A.
Co Founder
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
June 4, 2019

“Great for trunks and hosted Asterisk”

OverallIt provides an automated IVR service for our clients, and routes inbound calls to our operators.
ProsWe have had a hosted asterisk service with SIP.US for almost 8 years and we liked that we have been able to add custom code to our service to be able to better meet our needs
ConsThere hasn't been anything that I would describe as a con.
Nathan V.
IT Administrator
June 12, 2019

“Great Bring Your Own Bandwidth SIP Provider”

OverallI have used SIP.US for my own SIP Trunking, and for two of my business clients. The service is fast and easy to setup. When I have had a technical issue, SIP.US support is quick to respond.
ProsEasy to use, add/remove call paths, DIDs, etc.
ConsI have nothing negative to say about SIP.US, the service has met/exceeded our needs.
Greg K.
IT Manager
Retail, 51-200 employees

“Highly recommended provider!”

OverallSIP.US was our choice for SIP trunking when we cut ties with a bundled managed service provider. The service level has been outstanding, availability being something we take for granted. Their customer service and support are refreshingly effective, which can be rare with traditional telecom.
ProsEase of use to convert our SIP services over to a new provider. The porting process was seamless, the customer service communication was effective, and the after cutover support has been stellar.
ConsNothing I can think of offhand. Perhaps additional reporting aside from just call records. For example a channel utilization report.
Fletcher B.
Network Engineer
June 4, 2019

“Good quality SIP provider for the money”

OverallSIP.us has been a great addition to our business and we look forward to a continued partnership.
ProsGreat end user platform, setup is easy for FreePBX with little or no problems. Fax works out of the box as well.
ConsI have not changes that I would make. The platform is great as is, but all R&D is welcome.
Nate P.
Retail, 11-50 employees
May 16, 2018

“Simple and Easy SIP Trunk”

ProsThe setup is dead simple. Started a free trial in 30 seconds. Was connected in less than 5 minutes testing the service. I had a couple of questions and support was fast with responses.
ConsI haven't had any issues with the service and it has been exactly what I had expected to get when I signed up.
DALTON A.
MGR
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

“SIP.US Review”

Overallso far... can complaint at all.
Prosthe posibility of getting better prices, reliability, support.
Consso far so good, no complains so far, everything is good !
Erick S.

“Flawless Service”

OverallHas been the best experience for the 5 years I have used the service. I had to contact support on two occasions when it was something that was my fault and they went above and beyond to assist me. A+
ProsEasy to provision, implement, use and maintain.
ConsNothing negative to say about the service or support
Jeffrey C.

“Sup .us review”

OverallGreat
ProsEasy to set up, I'm an avaya guy and simple to setup, had a few issues but the tech support guy was awsome. I feel the YouTube videos made were because of me and avaya issues. But working great and has been for a long time. I have set up a few customers with sip.us for cost savings
ConsOnly issue is with web portal, the size format is wrong you have to do a lot of mousing to get to submit buttons but that's it.
stefan b.
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees

“Easy SIP trunking”

OverallOverall SIP.us has been great. I continue to do business with them because of the quality of the service
ProsEase of use, and a user-friendly control panel
ConsPrice per channel is my only complaint. It can get pricey during my peak season when i turn up my channel count
June 5, 2019

“Setup and forget and it just works”

OverallEasy setup with 3CX hosted in the cloud and provides a cost effective Cloud phone system
ProsOnce it is setup which is really easy and great guides on the website it just works and we've had no issues.
ConsNothing really. Everything just works and we've had no issues
Benny F.
Operations Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees

“Great Customer Service”

ProsThe customer service dept is top notch. They are very knowledgeable and even when your phone vendor is giving you a hard time, they find a way to fix or create a workaround.
ConsThey price could be a bit more aggressive.
Greg G.
Atty
Legal Services, Self-employed

“Great support ”

OverallGreat service great prices
ProsThe support team is pro and always delivered everything they promised. Service works well. Thanks for the many years of help and support.
ConsIt is difficult to learn asterisk and how to handle your own trunk.
Mark C.

“Great Service Replacement”

OverallThe Techsupport is one of the best I've dealt with. Quick and very helpful. When issues arise, they almost always know the answers.
ProsEasy setup and support. As a reseller, it's a quick and easy sell due to the ease of operating it when in a bind.
ConsNot much to add in here. I haven't found another provider for the cost.
Boris V.
manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

“VOIP WOP review”

OverallThis system eliminated wired telephones and central station.
ProsIt has clear sound for phone calls. Options can be aded or replaced from the Intenet login without involving SIP personnel.
ConsWhy can't we use this system for faxes?
Miles F.
June 12, 2019

“Using SIP.US since they were founded -- solid utility service”

OverallHave used them for years and have been happy with the quality of service, support, at a reasonable price.
ProsThey have reasonable pricing; good support; and easy to use service
ConsThey have very basic features for SIP Trunking
Fakhar Z.
Telecommunications, Self-employed
June 6, 2019

“SIP.US Review”

OverallI'm working on my call center project from home and everything is going fine except the call rejection because of Capacity limit ended....
ProsThe call quality and unlimited US (48) and Canada were the main things which pulled me towards SIP.US. Calls quality is the best, there's no interruption, distortion, breakout or noise in the background.
ConsNo, for my requirements everything is fine except when I see the message "Capacity limit reached.......". I think it should be enough everything on each channel and there should not be any limit for busy signals.
June 6, 2019
Gregory M.
senior network manager
Information Services, 51-200 employees
June 5, 2019

“best value for SIP providers”

OverallWe use SIP trunking from SIP.US for our three offices. it has reduced our cost over land lines by 75%
ProsThe ease of set up and the value for the money
Consselecting phone numbers. Wish they would let you know what area each exchange is for
Pete D.
June 4, 2019

“Sip folks you can talk to”

OverallVery good. Tech support was always helpful even when it wasn't a sip.us issue.
ProsYou answer your phone for customers when they call
ConsNothing. They were supper helpful and always went out of the way to solve an issue.
Alex J.
Office manager
Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees
June 4, 2019

“Sip.us one of the best sip services I used”

Overall Cost-effective solution, never any major issue. Customer service is awesome.
ProsSimple to use and reliable for any business.
ConsFew Glitches from time to time but no major issue and we have been using this for 4 yesrs.
Brett B.
Tech support volunteer
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

“Simple and Easy”

ProsSip.us sip truck was easy to set up with my freepbx system. Customer service is also excellent with any questions.
ConsI don't have any complaints about sip.us.
Adam R.

“My review ”

OverallSaved money and had a better experience
ProsEasy to use, very friendly staff if I ever need help with anything
ConsNothing. It's a great software interface that saves us a ton of money. I have no cons.
Tim D.
Systems Administrator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
May 16, 2018

“Honest Salespeople Breed Happy Customers”

OverallIf you have an opportunity to work with them, do so... He has made this an incredibly smooth experience, and the transition thus far has been flawless. The few times I've had a question, or needed assistance, the customer service people are on the ball, and respond with incredible speed, especially when compared to our previous SIP provider.
ProsThe best part so far, has been working with representatives. They are incredibly honest, friendly, and accommodating. The service is solid and of great quality, and I love being able to view and modify things like CNAM, E911, etc., right from the customer portal. Our previous SIP provider required that a ticket be opened with them, and then they would make the changes.
ConsI haven't had any issues, thus far. My only wish would be to port things in even faster, to get off of our current SIP provider... but that's not due to any limitation with SIP.US.
Kurian G.
IT
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

“SIP”

ProsEase of connectivity with FreePbx, etc. Top quality over VOIP.
ConsLiked Everything!! Pretty much took an hour or two setup the trunk.
Vince D.
VP of Technology
Information Services, 11-50 employees

“Simple and Reliable”

ProsSimple to setup Easy to Maintain Very Reliable Service Very Responsive Customer Support
ConsThey had server issues a year or so ago, but was solved quickly
Leo A.
Computer Networking, Self-employed

“SIP.US was a Godsend”

ProsSafe, secure and easy to set up and mould with our clients needs.
ConsI have yet to experience any issues with SIP.US in the several years I've used it.
Tyler B.
CIO
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
June 12, 2019

“Easy to setup and get going”

ProsSuper easy to setup an account and purchase numbers. Ability to set CID and 911 information. Customer service is quick with responses.
ConsInternational Calling is a little tricky.
Jeff Z.
Network Engineer
Retail, 10,001+ employees

“overall good value”

Prosflexibility, almost everything can be done on the website.
Consno 24/7 support; no live telephone tech support