TeamUnify Ratings

Overall

About TeamUnify

TeamUnify has developed an innovative family of web and mobile software products that have revolutionized the business of managing competitive swim teams. With over 4,000 swim teams, our systems serve around 1 million active administrators, parents, and swimmers worldwide. Every subscription includes 7 days-a-week support and unlimited free upgrades to our ever-growing and developing team management software suite. Learn more about TeamUnify

Chris R.
Club Web Admin
Sports, Self-employed
December 2, 2017

“TeamUnify has revolutionised our swimming club administration and enabled us to scale.”

OverallMuch reduce admin burden for a large growing club. The ability to scale membership from 150 - 600 swimmers, without the incremental administration. A re-vamped website. We have also been able to move our clubs processes to almost 100% paperless processes.
ProsGreat Platform, which we now use to cover almost all of the clubs administration. Really easy to use and manage large numbers of swimmers, families and volunteers. Billing is a dream, enabling us to manage over 15 different squads/roster groups and a combination of billing processes. Getting up and running was really straightforward, and the help provided by TU was great. Managing meet entries has become really simple, we are entering approx. 30-40 meets per year with up to 150 swimmers at any one meet. The website structure is perfect for a swim club and has enabled us to dramatically improve the web experience for our swimmers, but also visitors. The OnDeck App is widely used by our members and recent updates have added some great improvements to functionality. We are now exploring some of the features we got to yet, such as Mainset for our coaching team and hope to start using Touchpad for our own meets in the future. Tech Support is incredible, great helpful people and very quick helpful and timely responses. I never have to wait long to solve any problems I have.
ConsIt would be great to get the supported html version extended, so we can be more creative on the website. We would love to see better functionality to manage non swimming members, such as volunteers and officials - such as managing their certifications, with renewal dates etc.. But apart from that - we haven't found any real 'cons' with this solution.
December 2, 2017
Sue A.
Treasurer
December 1, 2017

“TeamUnify helped us get everything under control and support our coaches' and swimmers' ambitions”

OverallSee previous comments
Pros It is great to know that our Head Coach and her coaching team love the system and use it every day to manage their squads and training plans. Also, that our parents and swimmers can view and maintain their information, and enter meets on-line. The website has been such a useful communication tool, and very easy to manage. As Treasurer, I know that it has helped turn around our club financially, and provides me with all the visibility I need to manage the club's finances. We love the registration process for new members. It is great that admin roles can now be shared amongst our small team of volunteers. The TeamUnify support team are very responsive, and the software is always being enhanced to further meet the needs of the UK market. Through TeamUnify we have shared learning experiences with other clubs, which has been great for us and for the future of our sport.
ConsThe software is very flexible, and there is now so much functionality that it can take a while to work out how best to proceed. Technical support is always available (and very good it is too), but we really needed to rethink many of our club's internal processes in order to get the best use out of the software. (NB This is NOT a disadvantage - it just needs an investment of time, particularly in the beginning and if anyone changes their roles. But in our experience the investment very soon pays dividends). Some of our members have said they find it hard to work out what they owe - but we are getting better at explaining, and the problem should be overcome by the automatic payments facility we hope will be launched in the UK soon. This will enable us to collect payments even more efficiently (and save loads of work for members and administrators!).
December 1, 2017
Rob B.
Head Senior Swim Coach
October 12, 2017

“I have been extremely satisfied with my TeamUnify experience. ”

OverallFull team management under one simple to use umbrella. Data/information easily accessible via computer or mobile device.
ProsThe software provides a full platform for managing my team. Registration & finances, website & communication, planning & execution. I can easily access the information from my laptop or mobile device with full functionality, which allows me to share information and access easily with my staff. I really like the features of unlimited video, easy social media sharing & website design as well as the ease of use to set up planning for practices, including the ability to easily share with my staff. Perhaps what I like most about using the software is the response from their customer service and their genuine want to hear what we as users would like to see added/changed for the software.
ConsThere are bugs and occasional issues with the server slowing down, but these are generally resolved within a short time. I do wish they had a stand alone version that would allow editing/writing of workouts and member information that did not require internet access. Would be nice to work on the software while unable to access wifi (on a plane, passenger in a car, pool without internet access, etc)
Sarah K.
Chief Admin Officer
October 3, 2019

“Great but could be even better”

OverallOverall very good! The customer service is amazing and the product meets almost all of our needs. The price is great - a flat monthly rate plus the usual credit card fees. Compared to Active where they take a percentage of our sales, Team Unify has helped our company make more money and expand.
ProsEasy to manage and set up programming and billing. The staff walked us through the process and helped set up as much as possible going in as well as help me with every question along the way - even now, so many years since we started with Team Unify.
ConsNot easy for my clients to manage their own accounts. Our team is all adults and they don't need to try out - they can start and stop as they wish. Web design in our basic plan is limited and, for some reason, the main text on the homepage has to be in code so is a hassle to edit. We would love: 1) client being able to cancel and reactivate an existing account without having to ask me to do it 2) a drop-in-visit aspect that is easy for repeat clients to use. This is a clumsy set up where folks have to start from scratch for every drop in visit.
October 3, 2019
Steve H.
Head Coach/Aquatics Coordinator
October 18, 2017

“TeamUnify is THE BEST software for swim teams! This is the ONLY product that does it all!”

OverallIt has allowed my program to become better at what we do!
ProsI love the mobile app that allows you to do everything in 1 place. This makes Dry side operations for the program way easier. Families can use the app to check event/meet declarations, billing, best times, and now the NEW TeamFeed. This makes families/parents feel like they are part of program even more. As a coach this app makes writing workouts super easy. This allows me to keep a quick thumb on all the info that we need a snap. When athletes/parents have questions about training it is easy to pull up and explain or show what we have done. It truly allows we to keep on top of the program better.
ConsThe load times on some of the data could be improved. Working with live data is great, however I do feel that some data could be cached to allow for better load times.
Adam S.
Coach
July 18, 2019

“Great way to run all things "team"”

OverallMy experience with Team Unify has been very satisfying and successful. I have utilized their platform on and off for the past 10 years with 4 different teams and have always known I could call or email someone and get the answer I need right away. They are committed to making things easy for the coach/team manager. They tirelessly answer questions and teach at the same time. The product looks professional and it completely customizable as well.
ProsThe ability to manage all aspects of the program from the platform.
ConsSome functionalities are not intuitive so it takes a while to figure out/remember some of the steps to get accomplished what you need to do. The great thing is that there are so many ways to get "help" that you are never "stuck" for very long.
July 18, 2019
Josh G.
Head Coach, CEO
November 29, 2017

“Total package to run our team!”

ProsOur website is easy to navigate for our swimmers/parents, and it's easy for me to manage and update our site on a daily basis. I can communicate with anyone or everyone with a few clicks. TeamUnify helped us set up a unique design and always responds quickly to questions. They are constantly improving the functionality of the site and giving us more options. They listen to customer feedback and reach out to see how they can improve. Couldn't think of a better system to run our team.
ConsThe online website is not fully mobile-compatible. It is getting better but still has a ways to go. Their mobile app (OnDeck) does many of the same functions as the website but not all. Further improvements on the "mobile front" will make this product even better. I look forward to those updates.
Jessica R.
Team Manager
October 18, 2017

“Now that I know how to use the system I like it. There is a learning curve to figuring it all out.”

ProsI like that I can have everything in one spot- memberships, rosters, billing, etc and that new features are being updated (ex. meet fees!).
ConsI dislike the setup for service hour resets. I would like to be able to reset cancelled/suspended accounts as well. I feel like it is not super user friendly to my parents in that they often have to search or ask me where to find certain information (like service hour information!). I would also love if they added an automated email option i.e. send this reminder out every Monday, billing information on the 23rd of each month, etc and if the system could run billing reports reconciled with roster groups, coaches, etc. (maybe create my own billing reports the way I want them run?!) Though I am not tech savy, so not sure how realistic all this would be!
Brian S.
October 18, 2017

“We've been early fans of the platform and like to overall ability to manage ALL aspects of our club.”

ProsWe have developed and utilised many of the additional features of the platform over our time and find the fully integrated nature of the platform the best feature. Multiple Administrators and Club officials can work on club needs, seamlessly on one platform. TU have taken on board many of the development suggestions by users and are truly focused on how to develop the platform for the customer.
ConsThe platform is not fully functional for our region (Europe), hence we cannot fully utilise all features and benefits. The platform can occasionally be slow with some bugs, but they are resolved quickly. To be a truly 'engaging' experience, Access for members (AKA Swimmers) would be something we think is important to develop 'TEAM' Feed as a social platform for club members, not just account holders.
Johanna S.
Coach and Webmaster
November 28, 2017

“Very easy to use with great customer service. My emails are usually responded to within the hour!”

OverallMakes it easy to run a swim team. Can control the group email and group text from one place. Swim meet sign up is a breeze. Charging accounts is so much less stressful.
ProsIt makes the harder parts of running a swim team (collecting money, team communication, and event sign ups) really easy. There is a great team behind it ready to resolve issues quickly! Even if the issue is only user error!
ConsI wish it had more freedom to set things up specific ways. Be able to collect bills for some on the 15th while doing others on the 1st. This applies mostly to those that use the echeck. The financial reports are a bit confusing and the amount charge is never the amount that gets deposited. The treasurer has a hard time knowing the exact fee breakdown.
Sidney D.
CFO & business manager
October 26, 2017

“Overall it is easy to use. We have been using it since 2007.”

ProsLike that it is web based so we can do things from anywhere and are not office-bound. Billing is much more automated and we like that we are not responsible for credit card information.
ConsWhen updated an individual account and we go back to the account/member admin it goes back to the beginning of the alphabet. Billing only takes place on the first of month, would like flexibility to set our own date. Some responses are pre-programmed and we would like the flexibility to do our own - like billing notice, job sign up not open. Would like that the News function would like us post documents like the meet page function does. Divorced families which want both to pay their half are not an option in your system.
October 26, 2017
Richard C.
Team advisor; meet management
Education Management, 51-200 employees
October 19, 2017

“Great customer support overcomes any obstacles”

OverallCommunication. I have often recommended it already, continue to do so with another group that is considering using it. There is a distinct advantage in entering meets and getting results for other teams also using TU.
ProsI am reminded of old Volkswagon commmercials...it just works. Original setup was very low effort on our part, continues to fit our needs, has features we have not even tapped yet. Ability of team members, families to maintain their own account has been a plus, much easier than having to make updates myself. Easy to put together group emails to any select group and for any purpose. Excels at communication, one of the big complaints about both large and small organizations, makes accounts and payments easy and clear, easy for members to track and verify bills, and to make corrections. Appreciate ease of meet entries, increased communication with swimmers about what they want to swim.
ConsMeet entries for relays can be a little cumbersome, but once we got used to it, is now easier. Would like to be able to access Touchpad for another organization that does not use the base programs.
John W.
October 24, 2017

“This software has changed our sport and business dramatically. It enhances all admin duties.”

OverallMember administration and communication was improve several fold and time an energy require for those tasks was reduce an equal amount
ProsDependable online platform Electronic Billing Easy basic website construction and editing Member communication tools Competition Results management Financial management
ConsIt lacks a little flexibility in some of it's core functions-they are constantly updating but it seems to be focused on new functions not as much on enhancement. At times it feel like they have developed and added features too fast.
October 24, 2017
Erin S.
Permanent Office Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
October 4, 2019

“Awesome customer service”

Overallthe best part of the experience is the customer service response. I've never experienced better customer service than what TU offers. Very responsive and helpful and always willing to help with issue management.
ProsMakes registration management easier for the LSC, especially for all-star teams and for non-athlete registration. also makes billing easier to track and share with Board members/staff.
ConsAt some point, it would be terrific to be able to customize the LSC website to accommodate for our non-athletes.
October 4, 2019
Dory H.
Swim Coach
November 30, 2017

“Great product for billing and team management. Easy to use and large capabilities!”

OverallAccount management and quality accounting done all in one place. Having entries online is crucial for our large team.
ProsManagement and billing is easy. Event registrations and app is simple to use. Helps us collect money effectively and keep accurate records.
ConsEmail needs improvement and some coaches struggle with all the capabilities it has. (has a lot! Might be good to have a more simplified platform for coaches and users with a more complex platform for admins.
November 30, 2017
Eric P.
October 19, 2017

“Great program. Lots of options. There is a lot of information available. ”

ProsBilling feature attached to accounts has made a tremendous impact for ease of use with our members and made record keeping much simplier. Email feature from site . Meet entry system with full staff coach access.
ConsSystem tends to be a little fragmented in certain areas, calendars as an example. They can be a little dated and difficult to manage. Sometimes for some of our members, the shear volume of information is too much and need just basics.
Don H.
Director / Senior Coach
October 12, 2017

“TeamUnify customer for 8 years, business owner and head swim coach.”

OverallIt streamlined our billing and fee collection process 100%. Saves time for me to concentrate on other aspects of team management. I also feel we have a very good presence on the web with our fully functional website.
ProsIt made our team billing easy and painless. Website design is easy to use and change. It is the best all around swim team management system available with all the must and bolts included. Even a novice user can navigate through it. TU also keeps it up to date and fresh.
Janine S.
Owner/director

“Very easy to use”

OverallI have been using the software since 2006 and it has come along way and makes my life easier.
ProsIt is perfect for any one. I was out of town and had my sister login and send an email and it was easy to explain to her how to send it with no problems.
ConsThe lesson set up is confusing and takes to long to set up lessons. It also does nOt notify you when someone has signed up like the team registration does. I am constantly having to check it.
Jodi T.
Board President/Team Administrator
November 29, 2017

“TU is command central for our team. Definitely worth the investment!”

ProsInternet based which enables easy use from multiple individuals, houses all our team information in one place, on-line tutorials are terrific, and overall the system is user-friendly.
ConsUnable to integrate with QB on-line, unable to import and export with MM which makes it difficult especially when hosting and running meets (MM is still the standard in our LSC), writing tool for workouts is cumbersome.
Jim P.
Owner/Head Coach
November 28, 2017

“This product offers complete service and is continually evolving.”

OverallEase of daily operation of the team.
ProsIntegration of all facets of team administration. Workout program has been very valuable to our program.
ConsLesson admin has a rough learning curve for both admin and customers. Once you get experience it's easier. The financial transaction features as well as transferring swimmers from lessons to team is very simple.
DaNene A.
HAST Director
October 20, 2017

“As a team administrator, I love this product for ease of billing, meet entries, team admin, etc.”

ProsBilling, meet entry, reports, Customer support is GREAT! Love our custom website! Ease if Swim-a-Thon donations. We just purchased SwimOffice Pro and are excited to see how well it will integrate into the functionality of our team.
ConsServer sometimes slows way down, and it's frustrating in the middle of work day waiting for this to be fixed.
11-50 employees
October 18, 2017

“Team Unify has been a lifesaver. It has been a time saver for me and is easy to use.”

ProsWebsite is easy to use and change. It allows us to communicate easier with our swim families. Meet entries run smoother. Our billing is also much easier and no more delinquent payments.
ConsI only wish my organization would allow us to purchase the additional features that are available. Would love to be able to utilize the workout portion of the software.
Carla Y.
Owner/Head Coach
October 18, 2017

“Team Unify was always easy to use and customer service was amazing! ”

ProsEasy to use and looked professional for very little cost. Very easy to make instant changes and updates. Able to communicate with multiple or specific groups with ease.
ConsWould have liked more freedom to change the look of the home page, found the basic package was great to begin with but would have like to be able to make changes so it didn't look the same as every other page.
Todd H.
Aquatics Director/ Head Age Group Coach
October 12, 2017

“My experience with TeamUnify has been amazing. They really work to make the customers happy!”

OverallThe benefits of this software is that is saves time, its easy to use and very easy to teach people how to use it!
ProsOur swim families enjoy all the features the software offers...especially how easy it is to communication and send information. The technical support is huge plus as they are always ready to help. I can go on and on how easy the software is to use...very user friendly!
Don H.
Head Coach / Team Director
August 9, 2019

“TeamUnify is the best!”

OverallTeamUnify keeps adding new items for us to use without raising fees.
ProsEasy to use with excellent tutorials and does a great job with team management.
ConsI find nothing to dislike about the TeamUnify platform. It all works great!
August 9, 2019
Jacqueline M.
Treasurer
August 8, 2019

“Great product”

ProsIt is easy to use. There is a great self educational program that instructs on different areas in how to use and answers questions. The support staff is really helpful.
ConsLately, upgrades seem to cause problems. However, they do resolve this once you bring their attention to it.
August 8, 2019
Suzanne S.
Swim Team Volunteer
October 20, 2017

“Great produce for managing swim teams. Very easy to use!”

OverallMakes it very easy to complete swimmer registration, sign up for meet events and volunteer shifts. Is easy to post updates and information for our team.
ProsI have been using Team Unify to help manage our summer swim team for several years now. This is a great product that is very easy to use and meets all our needs as a summer swim team. You can easily manage registration and collect payments, manage meet events, and sign up volunteers. The site is very intuitive and the tutorials are very well done. I use the software daily during summer swim season from May-July.
ConsSetting up and monitoring required volunteer shifts can be a little bit difficult to learn at first.
Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees
October 20, 2017

“Very Helpful for team management”

ProsOnce you understand how it all works, it is very awesome. I would recommend to another team to use.
ConsIf you are not that computer saavy, it can be difficult to teach and navigate. I find teaching our volunteers that are required to send emails etc. find it hard to figure out how to.
Tina H.
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees
October 18, 2017

“We are using all aspects of Team Unify . . . the website, Mainset and the new Team Feed. ”

OverallEase of keeping track of things . . . financials, times, sign up, etc.
ProsEase of use, great customer support (and I mean GREAT), cutting edge additions (Team Feed is great).
ConsI would love to see better 'Performance/Time Reports'. Print outs of best times, time difference to time standards, meet improvement.
Patricia K.
National Swim team Support
Sports, 10,001+ employees

“Team Unify is Awesome”

OverallTeam Unify is our database for all of our swim teams through out the country and it makes it easy to keep track of our families, athletes, meets and meet results.
ProsThe ease of use. One stop place for our swim team needs.
ConsJust waiting for some new reports to be offered.
Ryan Z.

“Great Product”

OverallI have had a good overall experience with TeamUnify.
ProsI love the ease of use of this product. It makes organizing and communicating with my team very easy.
ConsHard to find tutorials that walk you step-by-step through the process when you have issues .
11-50 employees
November 2, 2017

“Wonderful swim team management.”

OverallSimplifies team management.
ProsMass messaging capability via OnDeck. Nice volunteer management features. Good billing search capabilities.
ConsSlightly clunky web page design features, but it works. Runs a little slow sometimes. Events posting process a little clumsy.
Denise T.

“I used TU daily.”

ProsGives a lot of information to the membership. The program makes it easy to sign up for meets and send in the entries.
ConsA lot of parents find it difficult to use. As an administrator I had to read HOW TO directions a lot, it was time consuming.
James L.
Swim Coach
Sports, 201-500 employees
September 24, 2019

“Great product”

ProsVery user friendly and all things we need for our team are located in one area with the website.
ConsDirections on how to use are not easy to find. Once you learn the software it is great though.
September 24, 2019
Stephanie V.
Registrar
June 27, 2019

“Great for our Club”

OverallThey have been wonderful to work with since day one. From working with our rep to create and account to the webinars to our rep always being able to answer my questions. I love when they answer an email they send a little tutorial with them.
ProsIt brought our club up to the times with the technology needed to be successful.
ConsIt is tough when you are a smaller club compared to most but we make due.
June 27, 2019
Kimberlee S.
Age group swim coach
June 11, 2019

“Coaches dream”

OverallOur team has been using this since its inception.
ProsI like the ease of using this app for my day to day coaching needs.
ConsSometimes it freezes up but then it comes back rather soon
June 11, 2019
Jim K.
President / Head Coach
October 23, 2017

“This software has been fantastic - cuts way down on the man hours needed to run a program ”

ProsTwo of the best things about this product is their customer service and development teams - they are always there to help and to take suggestions and put them into action within the software.
Brian D.
October 18, 2017

“This is the gold standard for swim team management software. ”

OverallAll is great. If there are problems or known features, TU does a good job with updates, and/or fixes
ProsAccurate, current, and reliable. TU does a great job keeping things up to date, relevant and working. Thanks
Greg W.
Multi-media Developer
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
November 2, 2017

“Works perfectly for managing a swim team”

ProsHandles the web site for the team and also allows families to sign up to volunteer and sign their kids in or out for the swim meets
ConsPrior to the meet the entry of swimmers is not as easy as Team Manager. Team Unify does not seem to be set up for an admin/coach to enter all of the swimmers and events. It seems to be set up for families to log in and sign their individual swimmer up for events which is not how we do it.
Michael V.
March 24, 2019

“Team Unify Staff helped our new team launch successfully!”

OverallI am grateful to Team Unify for their support and patience during the months our swim team was "on hold" waiting for a pool facility to train in. The staff at Team Unify were patient and supportive of us while we were waiting for the pool construction. Our executives the Team Unify staff were outstanding in helping us get our team website up and running and getting our swimmers and coaches registered. Team Unify has been easy to use, and been a valuable tool to getting our team up and running. Thank you Team Unify!
ProsThis software made it easy to start up our website and register our swimmers. The support from staff was excellent
ConsNot being a "tech geek", I had some trouble getting our domain up, but the TU staff were able to fix the problem within a few days.
March 24, 2019
Bill M.
Event Director
May 7, 2018

“I am a volunteer Open Water event director”

ProsIt is very easy to make a great website with very little skill. If I ever need assistance the support team is very quick to assist and share ideas and best practices.
ConsThere could be a little more flexibility in editing web pages. I would like to have drop downs for hidden pages.
May 7, 2018
Ty P.
Head coach and owner
Education Management, 1-10 employees
November 28, 2017

“Our only issues was with reconciling our accounts. We also didn't like the looks of the website.”

OverallThe benefits surely outweighed the cons. We really liked the functionality of the product and how we could easily upload and sign up swimmers for meets.
ProsSo easy to use, so much better than any other team management software. We used the software for 4 years but recently switched and we regret it.
ConsThe company didn't provide timely answers to questions to our accountant. We got the run around for months about the processor and how the money was being used.
Dale S.
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees
June 26, 2019

“Team Unify”

OverallCoordination of swimmers choosing events and integration into meet files has been much easier than previous versions. Customer service has been readily available when needed.
ProsEase of Use. Customer Service Interacts with OME Ability to track day to day activities of the team
ConsSeveral "bugs" to work through during initial roll out.
June 26, 2019
ALISON C.
Competitions Secretary
June 15, 2019

“Major glitches”

OverallSupport from TeamUnify has not always been helpful or well informed
ProsMuch easier to use than what we had previously
ConsOur whole member database was anonymised after we tried to do this for just 3 records. The company initially told us that they had no back up and asked us if we had made our own back ups. Then eventually they found a back up but this has not loaded up perfectly and we are left with some duplicate records and a great anxiety about anonymising any further records. It was difficult to get anyone to take this problem seriously despite the fact that we had a database we could not use for several weeks and we have lost most of our attendance data on our swimmers.
June 15, 2019
April 9, 2018

“It helps with the swimming management.”

ProsI enjoy the ability to transfer and move items I need to have organized for my swim team information.
ConsThe program itself cost a little bit more than I was wanting to pay, but you gotta spend money to make money as they say.
April 9, 2018