Objective-C to Swift Converter Ratings

Overall

About Objective-C to Swift Converter

Convert Objective-C code to Swift right in Xcode. Includes Xcode & Finder extensions and the Advanced Project Converter app best suited for gradual project migration. Learn more about Objective-C to Swift Converter

Dave D.
Oil & Energy, 501-1000 employees
July 2, 2019

“Happy with the converter”

OverallI'm converting a full app from objective-c to swift and I'm finding this a very good tool to finish a lot of the code quickly. Then I just need to go back through the code to make sure it is operating how I need it to. Sometimes I don't examine the new code as closely as I should and get unexpected outcomes. This is because I am relying on the translation to much. It does such a good job I'm not testing my code close enough and get stung when the result is undesired.
ProsWhen I am not sure how to translate some objective-c code I can get the converter to do it and I usually get code that is either completely compatible or needs a few tweaks to remove the errors/warnings.
ConsIt sends back a lot of lines like 'let value = value' to do optional testing. I don't like setting a value to itself and tent to rewrite all of those lines.

By Swiftify on July 5, 2019
Thanks Dave for your awesome review! As we are always willing to make the product better, I am always open to your suggestions here. 1) Which pattern(s) do you commonly use for unwrapping of optionals? Variable shadowing like `if let value = value` is a common practice to unwrap optionals in Swift. We are considering switching to generating `guard let` statements in the future, but this is more difficult and possible only in a subset of cases: 2) The Advanced Project Converter (included in Swiftify for Xcode app in the macOS App Store) allows you to easily compare (original) Objective-C and (converted) Swift files: https://cl.ly/0a78e9c5d055 Hope that would be helpful. Thanks again for your time, and don't hesitate to follow me up on the above questions - I am definitely willing to address them addressed as much as possible!
Farrukh A.
Lead iOS Developer
July 10, 2019

“Easy Conversion in a click”

OverallI love it and its my first choice to convert code. Easy to use and understand. one click operation.
Proseasy copy paste options, option to select different swift versions. support for xcode as plugin and project conversion.
Conscopy paste limit on website. no support for dark mode. should add support for other editors.

By Swiftify on August 9, 2019
I appreciate your feedback! 1) Indeed, the free version allows converting code blocks up to 2 KB. This should cover occasional usage like converting one method at a time, however. If you need more, you may upload one or more zipped file(s) on the Converter -> Project page. The rates to pay for an individual conversion are pretty low, so that should be sufficient for occasional usage. 2) The macOS app fully supports Dark Mode. We are featured in the Apple's list of Apps with Dark Mode support and on https://darkmodelist.com/. Could you suggest where are you still lacking the Dark Mode support? 3) Which other editors (s) would you like supported? We could consider your vote for our later development.
Jared C.
Lead iOS Developer
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

“Nice software”

OverallThe overall experience was "Oh wow, didn't knew they had something like this out there". At first I was a bit skeptical because I had tried other converters that were not accurate enough for us. But after a couple of days of converting small swift functions, I was convinced it would be ideal for our project.
Pros1) It is very easy to use. 2) Any jr. programmer can use it from day one 3) It converts anything that is Objective-C to Swift, in a very timely manner, without bottlenecks. 4) I like the fact that we can try it out under the free version and test before we decide to buy it. P.S: We ended up buying it for one of our projects that required we convert an Objective-C SDK to Swift. 5) It has an Xcode plugin.
ConsConversion sometimes is not 100% accurate, but it is accurate enough for our team. I honestly don't think there are any cons about the software. It was be used on the web, and on Xcode as a plugin, which honestly was perfect for our team.

By Swiftify on July 4, 2019
I really appreciate your awesome feedback on the product. Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support? We are always willing to improve our product and services, so I'd definitely appreciate if you elaborate regarding this. Thanks in advance for your time!
Joseph R.
Sr Developer and Architech
Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees
July 2, 2019

“Great tool for conversion and needs some improvements to convert a whole project mix ObjC and SWIFT”

Pros- Easy to use - Single file conversion - Project conversion is very helpful - Most recent and beta SWIFT support
Cons- Doesn't take workspace or mix ObjC and Swift APPs - Conversion is only for latest and beta would be nice to be able to convert to last release major versions

By Swiftify on July 5, 2019
I really appreciate your awesome feedback on the product. Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support? We are always willing to improve our product and services, so I'd definitely appreciate if you elaborate regarding this. Regarding workspaces and mixed Objective-C + Swift apps, they are indeed supported in the Advanced Project Converter, which is the part of "Swiftify for Xcode" app in the Mac App Store. By default, the app updates all projects in the workspace if needed. However, you can manually choose which project(s) from the workspace should be processed or not: https://support.swiftify.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028372231-Update-Xcode-project-files We suggest that you work with a single project at a time by unchecking unrelated projects to constraint changes made by Swiftify to your selected project only. I have nearly reached the limit of characters allowed to type here ;) Feel free to follow me up regarding the rest of your questions!
Ajeet Kumar D.
Software Engineer iOS.
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees

“Swiftify ObjectiveC-Swift Converter”

OverallI have been using swiftify nearly a year. It is really doing a spectacular job in helping me quick conversion of Objective-C code into Swift code. It is helping me many ways and saving my time.
Prosi. Very easy to use and implement. ii. Convert old Objective-C code snippet to Desired Swift version, specified by user. iii. Even compatible swift classes, protocols, Predefined methods, properties conversion is made through swiftify.
ConsEverything is good. Could be given access to whole file and project coversion. As of now, only Perticular function and properties conversion is there.
Ricardo L.
Technical Project Manager
July 2, 2019

“A great way to migrate single Objective-C documents”

OverallWe are currently migrating a 6 year old Objective-C project that needs to be refactored using Swift because of an external library implemented only for this new language. Using a bridging header or thing like that is not a possibility. We used this tool to convert some files in order for the new developer to get a grasp on how the classes would look like after being converted. It was a nice tool to use. However, we were not backed by the technical direction to keep on using it more extensively.
ProsI liked how easy it was to upload files and received the converted version.
ConsI liked that the free version was a bit too restrictive for general developers of companies not generally prone to invest in tools like this when suggested by their team. It would be great to have some sort of infographic to sell the idea to the business directors in order for developers to convince them to invest in this tool, but in terms of the impact it has on the budget necessary for projects.

By Swiftify on July 4, 2019
I really appreciate your awesome feedback on the product. Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support? We are always willing to improve our product and services, so I'd definitely appreciate if you elaborate regarding this. P.S. Check our this article intended for managers and business developers: https://medium.com/swiftify/is-migrating-from-objective-c-to-swift-worth-the-investment-148999d15afd Any feedback is welcome!
Darryl R.
iOS Consultant
July 2, 2019

“Learning Objective-C with a Tutor”

OverallWhen creating a new project that has an optional third-party library, framework, or class in Objective-C language, the conversion from Objective-C to Swift is very accurate, and often updates with the modern version of Swift. This is very helpful for varying versions of previous files that one may encounter.
ProsI liked the fact that I am able to explore my entire project, as in Xcode. I am able to select groups of files to convert, and add newly generated Swift files to my project file. The learning curve that exists when moving between languages was definitely cut in half with the use of this tool.
ConsI did not like the constant prompts to upgrade after certain uses of the software.
Kerde S.
Lead Mobile Developer
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

“Time saver”

ProsSaves you alot of time. As someone who knows both Objective C , as well as Swift, this tool saves you a great amount of time when dealing with projects that are being converted from legacy code. The output tends to almost always be correct.
ConsCan't say there are many cons. The only thing I can think of is that there is no way to convert multiple files at once.

By Swiftify on July 4, 2019
Just wanted to say "thanks" for your awesome review! Regarding the conversion of multiple files, while Xcode does not support this (Apple have not made it possible for Xcode Extensions to access anything beyond the currently edited file), here are the options: 1) Zip multiple `.h` and `.m` files and convert at https://objectivec2swift.com/#/converter/project/ 2) Use the Finder Extension (included in the "Swiftify for Xcode" app in the App Store) to select and convert multiple files in Finder; 3) Use the AppCode plugin to convert pairs of `.h` and `.m` files from within the IDE (which supports such functionality, unlike Xcode). Don't hesitate to follow up with me if you have additional questions!
Ryan M.
Camp Director
Education Management, 201-500 employees
July 10, 2019

“Objective-C to Swift Converter”

ProsI loved this software. It was super easy to use and master.
ConsIt could be faster and more user friendly. Some aspects were confusing

By Swiftify on July 12, 2019
Thanks, Ryan for your awesome feedback! Could you please elaborate what (in your opinion) could make the product more user friendly? Which of the components (web based converter, Xcode Extension, Advanced Project Converter) were you using most? Regarding the conversion speed, I'd be glad to hear what is your country / location and in which cases you find yourself waiting for too long. P.S. Our Offline Converter will likely solve any performance / speed issues on your side. Let me know if you are interested in it.
Shreya P.
Mobile Developer
Computer Software, 201-500 employees

“Easy to use but....”

OverallMy experience is good and useful,I use quite often and save my time also
ProsSometime we get solution of query in obj c so its very helpful to convert it to swift.I have some projects which are in obj c and swift so its useful to use same logic in both apps.Site structure is very user friendly and easy to use.
ConsI have some projects which are still in swift 3 language and since swift 4 launches ,you have removed conversion option to swift3.If possible can you support old swift3 version also And sometime site hangs ,I need to close and need to reopen again,Please work on that
James G.
July 11, 2019

“Very solid and reliable swift conversion.”

OverallOverall, this tool has be incredibly valuable in helping me learn swift.
ProsSuper easy to convert a lot of my older ObjC code to swift. Also, has done a great job keeping up with the latest version of swift.
ConsSuggestion: don't autofill the left ObjC panel with sample code. It would be quicker to start with a blank panel to paste in my code.

By Swiftify on July 15, 2019
Hi James, Thanks for your awesome review and suggestions! One of the reasons we've been filling the left pane with the sample code is to demonstrate how one can join contents of interface and implementation file(s) into the Swift output. While you are encouraged to use the Xcode Extension (which is just more convenient, and won't fill in any sample code), I'll think about changing the left pane to a very minimum, or just blank code!
Stanislau Z.
July 8, 2019

“The best assistant when dealing with legacy projects”

OverallSometimes, I am converting legacy classes written in Objective-C to Swift.
ProsReally helpful when you don't want to add a new feature to the old Objective-C code. At the same time, quick revitalization to the newest Swift gives a boost in implementation performance.
ConsI don't need a subscription as I am using this service quite rarely for the single files. In my case, the pay-as-you-go model could fit much better.

By Swiftify on July 12, 2019
I really appreciate your awesome feedback! If you don't need a subscription, we actually have a Pay As You Go plan that you could use. Just upload your project at the Converter -> Project page and pay for an individual conversion here: https://objectivec2swift.com/#/converter/project/ We are still in process of figuring out the best pricing model so your suggestions are definitely welcome.
Vikram C.

“Most Advanced Tool”

OverallAfter using many tools I fount this tool very useful. Now I don't need to code manually from Objective-c to swift because of this tool.
Pros- I Like that in one click this tool convert code in swift. - Free trial is awesome. - In 99% it's provide perfect result.
Cons- Only one cons that it convert on small size of code in free version(But it true because of great fetures).
Oscar G.

“Great app!”

OverallEasy for getting answers off Stack Overflow and then converting them.
ProsEasy to use and very accurate + easy to set up.
ConsYou can't convert projects without a paid account.
Julián P.
CEO, founder and developer

“Almost great”

OverallI've used this converter specially for translating StackOverflow answers into Swift code.
ProsIt can convert almost any code, and it's getting better.
ConsI'm not sure if that was improved, but the last time I've used Swiftify (1 year ago) the converter wasn't context-aware so sometimes the compiler.

By Swiftify on July 19, 2019
Thanks, Julian for your incredible review! While a 100% correct conversion nearly impossible to automate, we aim to save your time and efforts. Indeed, we have recently improved support for persisting variable types in different (local and global scopes): https://support.swiftify.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030063872 If you see anything else that could be improved, feel free to suggest at our GitHub Issue Tracker - https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify/issues
Evan D.
Software Engineer
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

“Great Help At Work”

OverallObjective-C to Swift converter has been a great tool to use at work. We have a legacy app written in Objective-C and a new app written in Swift which uses very similar functionality as the existing ObjC app. When I need to get some Objective-C code translated into Swift fast Objective-C to Swift converter is my first go to tool. Sometimes of course the code doesn't translate properly or just isn't translatable to Swift but this tool will give you a decent head start if you know how to modify your logic / syntax and are willing to do some proper Googling to fill in the pieces. No, this won't convert your existing Objective-C app to Swift in one go, but it's a great tool to use to update Objective-C code to Swift or translate it for use in a new Swift app. Thanks for providing this and keep up the great work!
ProsPretty decent accuracy when converting Obj-C to Swift. *Much* faster than converting a ton of code by hand
ConsSometimes code doesn't translate properly or there are other modifications that are needed.
Sachin K.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
July 12, 2019

“Best way to convert the code from Obj C to Swift”

OverallOverall I recommend this to everyone who wants to try their hands on iOS/ Mac development. Its a basic tool for all developers working for apple development.
ProsThe best part of this software is that its convert the code in fraction of seconds, sometimes the codes do face some error because swift keeps upgrading and so is this software. The pros are as follow : It makes switching of code easy. Almost 98% of time it does convert the code well Its available on both web as well as Xcode extension.
ConsCons : Not all code are convertible , for eg : Alamofire is a pod developed by a third person and if you use this code in swift and try to convert into Obj C it will either show the same code or may not change. (Still it just happen only 2% of time and I am sure that its developer will get this solved soon)
July 12, 2019
syafiq a.
creative director
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

“good”

Overallbest
Proslike but want more trial video or something
Consyes i like it very good for new user like me
Rich S.
August 1, 2019

“It Sorta Works”

ProsIt's good for quickly translating objc into swift.
ConsYou have to go over almost every line of code it translates and fix something. It still doesn't do simple things like adding "override" before viewDidAppear in viewcontrollers for example. Also, it's way too expensive. One day the price just doubled and they told me they never changed the price since they launched so it's ok. It's not ok, it's way overpriced.

By Swiftify on August 2, 2019
First of all, thanks for trying Swiftify and your constructive review! Regarding your comment on adding the `override` keyword. The `override` keyword is properly added, but of course, only if your class derives from UIViewControler (or a superclass that also defines this method): http://swiftify.me/huz23h Thus, you have to include the whole class declaration in the conversion for this to work properly. If you convert a selection in Xcode, and the selected text does not include the class declaration, the converter would not know what the parent class is. As regarding pricing, we are still looking for the best pricing model and I'll consider your feedback. If you don't like the subscription model, you can pay for an individual conversion by uploading your zipped files or project at https://objectivec2swift.com/#/converter/project/ Anyway, I hear your feedback and I am open to any suggestions to make the product even better.
August 1, 2019
Vishnu` B.
Software engineer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 3, 2019

“A very useful product in understanding objective-c codes when they are converted into swift”

OverallNice product.
ProsThe ease of usage. Very much user friendly and self explanatory steps to convert the code.
ConsRare case where I can tell about a con as it gave me proper results which were desired
Paul O.
Sofware Engineer
July 2, 2019

“This product is a life saver”

OverallI am a consultant. I have been doing iPhone development since the beginning for many different companies. So I have written a lot of Objective C code. A lot of legacy code needs to be converted and brought up to date. This product has saved me a lot of time.
ProsEase of use. IT ALWAYS WORKS. Covers 98% of my code. Web interface is a must to have. Its always available, which is most important.
ConsAlmost no Cons. It misses at most 2% of the changes. 98% of the code is converted without issue.
Moises H.
iOS jr developer
July 2, 2019

“Amazing product with room for improvement”

OverallIt saved me a lot of time while converting a objc project to swift, i had to do a little touch ups but its great nontheless
Prosease of use, great tool for a swift developer, saves a lot of development time
Consit needs some improvement on value types

By Swiftify on July 5, 2019
Thanks for your thorough feedback! Good timing to ask. We have just rolled up very improvements related to value types like String/Array/Dictionary/Set/etc. Since this week's update, Swift collections of value types are being passed by reference (using `inout`) keyword, and `&` operator is used to pass the related argument. Also, we no longer create shadow variables for method parameters of collection types that need to be writeable. See this sample (switch between Swift 4.2 and 5.0 to see these changes live): http://swiftify.me/r54g2s Since we have just rolled up these changes, I'd appreciate your time to check if your feedback has been addressed ;)
Jerome K.
Chief Engineer

“Teaches you Swift”

OverallI almost bought a subscription a couple times, but did not because, so far, I've not had a substantial project to convert, so I'm able to skate by with the free version. But if I ever do have such a substantial project to convert, I would buy a subscription.
ProsIt works well, for what it does, and the publisher keeps it updated, so that, while reviewing its results, I always learn a few new things about the latest version of Swift :)
ConsIt's not quite as smart as a human Swift pro. The last time I used it, a few months ago, I saw that in some places it would employ a bunch of unwraps in a block of code instead of enclosing the whole block in a guard/let. But that's understandable, and after you see it a couple times you know what to look for
Ramon V.
SW Engineer
Online Media, 11-50 employees

“Great tool”

OverallSome project conversions are done quite fast, reuse of some algorithms and functions from older projects are quickly converted and reused
ProsEasy and fast to use. Very good for reusing good code that was written in Obj-c
ConsSome methods are badly converted. Missing some elegant variables management.

By Swiftify on July 12, 2019
Thanks for your awesome feedback! I will be glad if you could elaborate on "Missing some elegant variables management". Maybe we'll be able to incorporate your suggestion(s). For the rest (badly converted methods), here are a few suggestions: - Ensure that you have got no parser errors for much better output: https://support.swiftify.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021028092-Eliminate-parser-errors-for-much-better-conversions - Feel free to report any considerable issues at our GitHub Issue Tracker: https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify/issues
Aydin T.
Student
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees

“Very useful software”

ProsIt's very easy to convert code, especially legacy Objective-C code from others' old projects that I'd like to use in my Swift projects. I have to make very few changes to turn what Swiftify produces into working code, and even then, it's usually just changing obscure Cocoa class names to their Swift equivalents.
ConsI didn't like how you had to register an account to convert more than 1KB of code; the only reason I made an account was to get around this limit.
Jonathan L.
Principal
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

“Transforming old projects”

OverallI'm a new coder learning Swift and I've found that I learn much faster by converting some of my favorite open-source apps. Many are written in Obj-C so that's obviously a lot of work, but great practice. The converter is like the answer page at the back of the math book. It helps me find the correct solutions when I'm learning.
ProsXcode integration and the ease of use fantastic. Also, the team at Swiftify is keep the updates coming to conversions keep getting better and more accurate.
ConsGetting started with the API key was a bit confusing, but once you're set with that it's super easy. Considering this takes away a significant portion of the hassle of migrating to Swift, I can't complain much.
Tim R.
SW Engineer
Education Management, 11-50 employees

“Swiftify”

ProsSaves tons of time in converting to Swift. I used to have a policy of writing new code in Swift, but maintaining existing code in objective C, which meant a slower migration. Now I'm willing to convert old code, because it's not such a big time investment.
ConsIt has some quirks about how it handles certain scenarios. Also the finder interface just stopped working, and can't find much online troubleshooting help.

By Swiftify on July 5, 2019
Thanks, Tim for your valuable feedback! I am more than willing to hear you suggestions about quirks that you have mentioned. Either reach to me personally at alex(at)swiftify.com or report any issue(s) at our GitHub Issue Tracker: https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify Regarding the Finder Extension, initial suggestions are: 1) Look for the "Swiftify" menu both on the top level of file or folder context menu, or under "Services". 2) If this cannot be found anywhere, a clean reinstall of the app from the macOS App Store usually helps in such cases, because this is the way to re-index extensions. Hope this helps. I'd appreciate a quick follow-up if my suggestions resolve your issue.
Nick S.
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
July 18, 2019

“Thank You for such an easy to use tool”

ProsWe've been programming in Objective-C since Mac OS X 10.2 and we were looking for a tool to convert our old code from way back then to Swift and this is the only tool that could do it.
ConsThe only problem is it cannot convert carbon to cocoa. At least not in the version we used.
Utilities, Self-employed

“Review Objc2Swift”

ProsAs it's an easy to use software there's not much to be said except that the convert function is really simple really great to use, it "just works" it's almost as if magic, I just have to C/P my code and we're good to go
ConsThe limit is really low, I think that's the biggest downside, it takes time to convert a big code because I have to past it chunk by chunk, increasing the limit even by some ko would be perfect

“Regular occasional user”

OverallI am generally transforming single functions or classes from a legacy project or code snippets from Stack Overflow into current Swift.
ProsTransforming this Obj-C code to Swift is both educational and time saving. I will either use the converted code pretty much as is, or use it to lean how to do something before starting new code.
Cons1. The resulting translation is sometimes very Objective-C like and not the best Swift-first implementation. That's to be expected. 2. The free conversion via the website is very restrictive in terms of character count. This can normally be overcome by breaking a function into fragments and converting them one at a time.
kishan v.
ios Devloper
September 19, 2019

“About Objective C to Swift Code Converting”

Prosit is fast and good software. It easily converts your Objective C code Into swift.
ConsI have used this software for a long time. this software is convert code is perfect and 100% sure.
September 19, 2019
Francesco N.
iOS developer
Construction, 1-10 employees
July 2, 2019

“How to convert most function from objective c to swift”

OverallI use when there is some part of code in objective c that needs only to be converted in swift.
ProsIt's very easy to use. Just copy and paste objc code and press convert: the magic will happen. All API name converted correctly and only some adjustments to make it work.
ConsSome c classes are not converted correctly. Should convert in some more swiftly way some code.

By Swiftify on July 5, 2019
I really appreciate your awesome feedback on the product. Regarding mixed Objective-C + Swift apps, they are indeed supported in the Advanced Project Converter, which is the part of "Swiftify for Xcode" app in the Mac App Store. Feel free to follow me up with any questions or suggestions on this matter.
Allen S.
Sr iOS Developer/Team Lead
E-Learning, 51-200 employees

“A Review”

OverallIt's been a great addition to my Xcode tooling, saving time when I need to convert some of our old ObjC code.
ProsIt quickly converts most Objective-C code into suitable Swift code
ConsSometimes it creates some pretty obfuscated Swift code, but it has gotten better over the years.
Matthias K.
Development Team Lead
July 2, 2019

“Great for converting older projects”

OverallWe converted several parts of an older code base to integrate it into a rewrite of the basic project. This was easier with Swift Converter since it saved us from having to rewrite big parts of our code.
ProsGreat trial features allow you to convert single classes quite easily
ConsConverting single classes sometimes gives you very weird looking code that needs optimisations before it looks like proper Swift. Still better than having to rewrite everything.
Ana M.
July 1, 2019

“The easist way to have your code on Swift and Objective-C”

ProsEverything! Is really easy to use and the conversion its excellent! Even give you the opportunity to set the software directly on the framework, making even easier and faster the conversion.
ConsAt the moment my experience has been amazing.
Jay S.
Banking, 5001-10,000 employees

“Major conversion”

ProsSaved us many hours in rewriting legacy apps from ObjC to Swift.
ConsIt's not a silver bullet but gives a great jumping off point instead of doing it by hand.
Denis M.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
July 10, 2019

“Easy to use and precise”

OverallAnytime I got a solution working in objective c and you want to immediately try it in swift this is the right tool for it. No time spent anymore doing it manually :)
ProsI liked that it required only a registration to be able to convert more lines of code instead of being paid. Was really easy to use, just a converter which really works great by converting the code to the latest swift!
ConsRegistration part, but let's say that it was really quick, so it didn't bother me, as I thought it would take me lot of data, but you can just signup quick!
kai j.
developer
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees
July 5, 2019

“Objective-C to Swift Converter”

ProsIt saved me a lot of time while converting a objc project to swift
Consit needs some improvement on value types some block-related code that it doesn't always convert well

By Swiftify on July 8, 2019
Thanks for your valuable feedback! Good timing to ask. We have just rolled up very improvements related to value types like String/Array/Dictionary/Set/etc. Since this week's update, Swift collections of value types are being passed by reference (using `inout`) keyword, and `&` operator is used to pass the related argument. Also, we no longer create shadow variables for method parameters of collection types that need to be writeable. See this sample (switch between Swift 4.2 and 5.0 to see these changes live): http://swiftify.me/r54g2s Since we have just rolled up these changes, I'd appreciate your time to check if your feedback has been addressed ;) Regarding block related code, would be awesome if you provide a sample. Either email me at alex(at)swiftify.com or report it at our GitHub Issue Tracker: https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify/issues
Gianluca C.
Student

“Not bad but...”

OverallI solved a lot of issued caused by native methods like tvOS platform but also in the UIKit in some cases
ProsFeauture: Implement revert conversion (swift -> objc) Implement pods functions deprecated of almost three pods
ConsThe accuracy of conversion and results loading as well.

By Swiftify on July 19, 2019
Thanks for your incredible review! While a 100% correct conversion nearly impossible to automate, we aim to save your time and efforts. Since we have already invested more than 4 man-years of work in the converter, the reverse converter may be a huge project that would not pay for itself. Xcode allows you to see Objective-C declarations generated in a mixed Objective-C + Swift project anyway. Regarding implementing functions from Pods, could you please elaborate by replying to this email?

“Kevinho Morales”

OverallExcellent
ProsThe best app on my Mac, I use all days. Thanks!
ConsNothing, its perfect to me at the moment, I wish change a little bit the UX

By Swiftify on July 12, 2019
Thanks for your awesome review! Regarding the UX improvements, could you suggest whatever do you feel most important? Are you using the Xcode Extension, Advanced Project Converter or the website most of the time?
Alfonso Maria T.
Computer & Network Security, Self-employed
July 22, 2019

“An invaluable tool for Apple developers”

ProsI like this software really a lot. If it is true that a perfect conversion from a programming language to another is really hard to achieve, this tool really make you save time, by leaving only implementation details left to the user.
ConsI really can't find any CONS to this software.
Ramesh B.
Architect
Banking, 1001-5000 employees

“Ease of use”

OverallGreat use for personal projects
ProsCode fragments can be converted is greAt
ConsNo other disadvantages can be found in this
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

“Nice Convertor”

ProsEase of use. Easily converts your code. I like it the most.
ConsLatest swift 5 conversion have problems while converting from objective or Swift 4
Vlad V.
Principal Senior Software Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
July 22, 2019

“Good for one function at a time conversion”

OverallWe had some code that needed to be implemented on 3 platforms (mac, Win and Android) and work identical, since it used some timestamps for synchronisation. I converted the reference implementation in C to swift 4 code using this software one function at a time, and only needed to do small manual touch-ups
ProsEasy to use Available online also Gets the job done
ConsFor larger files it doesn't do a complete job No options for the way to generate (for example to choose the type of enums to generate between Int or Sets)

By Swiftify on July 26, 2019
Thanks, Vlad for your feedback! We do have configurable options in the app - you are welcome to check them out: https://support.swiftify.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027715512-New-converter-customization-options-for-Swiftify-for-Xcode-May-8- For larger files, make sure that you don't see any parser errors (these can be reported, or commented out short term): https://support.swiftify.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021028092-Eliminate-parser-errors-for-much-better-conversions You are welcome to contribute any suggestions at our GitHub Issue Tracker - https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify/issues
Michael H.
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

“Easy Snippet Converting!”

OverallThe biggest problem that Swiftify solved for me was converting old archaic obj-c code to Swift. It really helped me learn both languages better.
ProsAs primarily a swift developer. I really liked being able to see a side-by-side conversion of older obj-c code that I did not understand, with more familiar Swift code. Since I used the free version, I mostly used it for small snippets of code, rather than larger file bases. I really liked that.
ConsOverall it was good. But I wish there was a little better type checking and validation of the code. (pre and post conversion.) But I also don't want it to not "convert" instantly.
Juan B.
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed

“Great tool”

OverallBringing legacy code to swift, modernizong my projects, sometimes for it to work better you need to refine the input, like dividing a big task into smaller ones, the converter works better there.
ProsMost of the time it works and you can get a nice head when starting to migrate your code, there is a decent business plan but specially useful is the customer support, the ceo itself helped once
ConsNot very useful on complex tasks(have not tried the whole project migration tool), if you got a big method or using rare castings it can get confused easily, also when infering nullability, but anyway that is the most difficult part for the AI, maybe a two mode version could help there, a "nothing is null" check and a "all could be null", so the AI can get a clue, a strictier version and a more flexible one
Mark S.
July 2, 2019

“A must-have converter for a new developer”

OverallI am not an Obj-C programmer, and since many of the online documents are still written in Obc-C rather than Swift, this tool is worth its weight in gold!
ProsSimple to use and so far it is performed exactly as advertised!
ConsWould appreciate a tutorial which describes all of the functions.
Joe H.
iOS engineer

“Gets you almost there”

ProsIt saved a bunch if time, most of the conversion was done somewhat accurately
ConsThe use of force casting was my biggest annoyance, Force casting is kind of a big no-no for me and most linting standards.

By Swiftify on July 15, 2019
Hey Joe, Many thanks for your incredible review and suggestion! Could you please suggest a use case (i.e. a swiftify.me code sample) where you find a force casting being generated, but inappropriate? In the majority of cases our generated code uses optional access (`?`) operators, `if let` statements or optional / bridged casting (`as?`, `as?`) operators. The exceptions include cases when we just don't have any other option, i.e. when unwrapping an optional in a method that returns a non-optional. I would be glad to address your feedback as much as we actually can. Feel free to follow-up with me here, and / or post any issue(s) at our GitHub Issue Tracker: https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify
Giovanni P.
iOS developer
July 2, 2019

“My first go-to when it comes to converting objective-c”

OverallAs one who started to develop using swift it is amazing to have a tool that converts old solutions to code I can read and also use
ProsThe ease. No need to log in if you just have a few lines of code that needs to be converted. But live that it can also take full files.
ConsSometimes there is bugs when converting, but I as a user can usually convert anyway if I chop large code pieces to smaller chunks
James C.
Owner/Developer
July 24, 2019

“Saved me time and time is money.”

OverallIt has helped a lot. Today I use it more for code fragments.
ProsWhen I had some bigger Objective-C projects I needed converted this saved me a lot time / money.
ConsDidn't always get callbacks, and such form ObjectiveC. But it got better all the time.
July 24, 2019