Dropbox Paper Ratings

Overall
4.4/5

About Dropbox Paper

Collaborative workspace that helps teams organize documents for their meetings. Learn more about Dropbox Paper

Abigail N.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
July 1, 2019

“Great Software for collaboration ”

OverallGreat! I use Paper to brainstorm, work on writing projects, collaborate and share my work easily. The android app is a life saver!
Pros1. Integration with Dropbox storage (I can embed a file in my Dropbox storage that others can easily access and download 2. Formatting options (H1, H2, H3, bold, underline, italics etc.) 3. Ability export to docx and pdf 4. Collaboration (I used this to collaborate with writers from all over the world, and it makes it easy to see who wrote what, what was changed, the comment option is great for chatting with collaborators) 5. Mobile app (I love this feature as the Android app works just as well as the desktop version) 6. Organizations. I like the ability to create templates that can be used for new notes, create folders and subfolders to keep my notes organized, as well as the ability invite a collaborator to work on a specific document or all documents in a folder
ConsTABLES: There is no merge feature to merge two or more columns, also with the new change/update the ability to switch your table from full size to the usual compact size is gone. Lastly I hoped it'd be able to select all columns in the top row and make the text bold or a larger size than the rest of the table but I'd have to format each column individually.
July 1, 2019
Celeste O.
Customer Support Lead
Printing, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2019

“Lukewarm Feelings About Dropbox Paper”

OverallI've only used Paper in the limited scope that my colleagues have sort of forced it upon me during our meetings and projects together. Otherwise, I'd probably still just default to Google Docs (which is admittedly, still my go to when I'm typing up something I don't need to share outside my team). So it's possible that with more time, use, and experience my impression of Dropbox Paper will improve. But currently, it just feels like a product designed to do more or less exactly what Google Docs does. There are some differences and I will admit that I enjoy using Paper when we're brainstorming and it's a great fit for our meeting notes. I also like the organization and look of all our Dropbox Paper documents better than Google Docs and sharing within our team seems rather simple. But it just feels unnatural for me in every day use and I find it difficult to perform tasks that I can easily do within Docs. I don't necessarily dislike it - but honestly the only reason I use it is because it's been adopted by people I work with.
ProsI like that Dropbox Paper feels like a natural fit for team collaboration and meeting notes. The templates are also very nice and useful. I like the suggested fields it offers and it does help prompt me to explore and describe whatever project my team is working on.
ConsI have so much trouble with formatting when I'm editing a document. I spend more time trying to tweak the text I entered than it took to write it in the first place. I have trouble finding the tools I need or want to use within Paper, but this might just be because I am so accustomed to other word processing software.
August 19, 2019
Jan O.
researcher
Higher Education, Self-employed
October 10, 2019

“Great for quick notes - will be there any future development? ”

OverallDropbox Paper is a quite good piece of software that helps me to be organised on my trips and share notes with my friends. I feel, however, that its development is a little bit in stagnation. I wish they could devote more care to this - especially if they could somehow integrate it into main desktop app.
ProsI really like how quickly I can make notes and share them, ingegrate images or even Google Maps. I am using many different types of software for notetaking but I happen to come back to Dropbox Paper every time I want to make a special document for one of my trips (research or leisure) with detailed timetable, pictures of tickets, ideas etc. It is also easy to share a very user friendly.
ConsMy biggest issue is that it crashes on my Android phone (Nexus 6p). Otherwise, I think that it should be better integrated with the desktop Dropbox application. I really don't like that I have to always go on the website just to open the document and that Dropbox paper has a separate folder strcuture. It would be great if it would be simply another document in my Dropbox folder.
October 10, 2019
Erin J.
Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
August 28, 2019

“DropBox Review”

OverallIt does a good job at storing all items that you may need in one location that is easily accessible.
ProsThis allows me to upload documents, pictures, etc into one location. I can then access this software from a phone, desktop computer, laptop, iPad, etc to gain access and use that document, picture, etc.
ConsIt only has a set storage limit and then you have to pay for upgrades. I thought the upgrades were too expensive.
August 28, 2019
Sanel P.
Software Analyst
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2019

“Dropbox - Another Great Collaboration Tool”

OverallA very good product overall.
ProsEasy to use collaborate. Great in professional and educational environments. Able to manage project easily and seamlessly. Consolidated project aspects easily.
ConsMobile app could use an offline mode. Can also be replaced with Google Drive for a free experience if you're willing to sacrifice some of the more advanced features and consolidation of project details.
August 15, 2019
Laura T.
Communications Coordinator
Market Research, 11-50 employees
July 25, 2019

“Has a lot of potential! ”

OverallI work on a marketing team and I have started building my marketing plans directly in Paper for the to-do list functionality. I wish it had a regular calendar option though! Overall, it is a useful tool that is helpful for project management when collaborating.
ProsI think the Dropbox Paper feature is fairly new. It has a great general layout where you have the ability to create tables, explain the document, make a to-do list and tag people plus make a timeline. You can highlight text or leave comments directly in the document which makes tracking progress and decisions super easy.
ConsI really wish the to-do list had a capability to automotically put the dates in chronological order and add them to the timeline. Right now the option is there, but it is all manual. Plus, I could use more highlight color options for color coding!
Kristi V.
Sales Rep
Insurance, 11-50 employees
September 10, 2019

“Easy to Share Files among Users”

OverallI think the products works for what we do. If there were many people on the file, constantly saving changes it would not be a good fit, but this is not the case for us.
ProsThe admin can put documents in the box at any time and I can make changes as I go. It makes file sharing so easy for all involved. Several people can be on one file at a time.
ConsWhen more than one person is on the file and an individual saves changes, it makes a whole new file. It is often confusing as to which is the most up to date file at that point.
September 10, 2019
Jake S.
President / IT Director
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
September 23, 2019

“Stand Out Software for Quick Collaboration and Note Taking”

OverallSo far it has been a great tool for keeping track of Client specific documentation and for keeping notes for all of our meetings both internally and with clients.
ProsPaper provides quick access to tools within every document which allow for teams to quickly brainstorm ideas, track changes, take notes and comment on each others ideas. Not a ground breaking product but has inbuilt simplicity that is tough to compare to.
ConsWhen the software was newer you could not delete documents however this has since been resolved and now only the user who created the document can delete it. Admins still cannot delete documents created by users.
September 23, 2019
John M.
Music, 11-50 employees
July 24, 2019

“Another great collaboration tool by Dropbox”

ProsI really like this simple tool. It is easy to use and it's really clutter-free. Collaboration is easy with this awesome app. I can add users or attendees and mention them. I can also use them for notes and brainstorming ideas. I also love the fact that I can choose a template to work with. It helped me to save time.
ConsIt is not as advanced as other collaboration tools. But for me, it works really well and I love its simplicity.
July 24, 2019
Ina G.
Administrator
Insurance, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2019

“No need to worry anymore that you will lose your files”

OverallIt is a software that I kind of started to use automatically. It is just a part of my must-have softwares :).
ProsI like the most that it saves the files automatically. Anything can happen and information is ...priceless. Having it backed up is great, especially if it is done automatically. I also like the option that you can go into your Dropbox account, take a photo (you go on your phone) of your notes and save it and you can access it immediately on any device.
ConsDidn't find any cons - I mean you do need an internet connection, but this is normal for something that works like this.
October 16, 2019
Toyin B.
business owner
Capital Markets, 51-200 employees
August 7, 2019

“Good product”

OverallAbsolutely great
ProsDrop box is a great product i love it. Its compatible with all my other devices and its fast
ConsHonestly i cant really think of any negative points its a great product with lots of space
August 7, 2019
Akinwale O.
Quantity Surveyor
Construction, 11-50 employees
July 31, 2019

“Dropbox for cloud storage”

OverallI have been using dropbox for a while now and it's quite interesting, am good with the 2gb free storage.
ProsOne of the best cloud storage I have used. It has greatly reduced my paper works. I have access to my data anywhere, anytime.
ConsDropbox is quite expensive to run because of the cost of data. working on those file on the cloud and saving it again cost much
Daniela A.
Financial Director
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
October 4, 2019

“Very useful platform to exchange documents”

OverallWe need to collect permits from several instances and share all the documents in Dropbox. It is very convenient when you have folders for each event, you can keep track of deadlines, stages of task completion, etc.
ProsWe use it to prepare and share document for fireworks show and other event. It's easy to attach a document and anyone else who has access to the folder for this event can see it and to know what happens.
ConsSometimes it is not so easy to reach and to see document from phone, but this is not do big problem.
October 4, 2019
Vinoch S.
Senior Software Engineer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
September 29, 2019

“Secured place to store your files and documents.”

OverallI use this in my organisation to store and share files with colleagues. And now I use the dropbox paper to take notes in weekly iterations and share them with my team.
ProsIt is accessible across all devices and easy to share the files with others. With new dropbox paper, it is now easy to take notes and sync with dropbox.
ConsAs free plan they can provide more storage. Compare to competitors like Google Drive and One Drive, Dropbox provides less storage as free plan.
September 29, 2019
Lesa W.
Food & Beverages, Self-employed

“Great program”

OverallI like that I can save something in here and it doesn't go away. I can sign in to dropbox from anywhere and see what I have and then share with whomever I want.
ProsThis program is good for sharing with others. You can share folders with different people and they can share with you. I have shared graphics, songs and papers.
ConsThe program is good and I haven't found anything that I don't like. It has been a good program for me and my family to use
Sven H.
Freelance Translator
Translation and Localization, Self-employed
August 26, 2019

“Great additional tool from the Dropbox toolbox”

OverallWorking with editors on a text during the later stages of a translation is were Paper really shines for me. You can quickly agree on edits and save time explaining things in chat windows.
ProsFirst, I love that it is free. It's the perfect format to integrate files and collaborate with other translators. Seeing changes done in real time just never gets old to me. Works great on Windows 10 and I was surprised by how well the Android version handles itself. There, all the files and text within you current project is just one long smooth scroll away.
ConsFor Android, I would really like the option of zooming in and out with my usual hand motions. The scrolling is very nicely done but sometimes I would just like to focus more on 1 part.
August 26, 2019
Emily H.
Administrative assistant
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
June 18, 2019

“Very efficient ”

OverallOverall I really like this software.
ProsIt's so organized and easy to use. It makes it so easy to find and place things in multiple files.
ConsI think finding your invites to files could be made a little easier.
June 18, 2019
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
September 15, 2019

“Dropbox paper offers a lot! ”

Overallover all experience with dropbox paper has been great1
ProsDropbox paper let allows us to prepare documents simulataneously. User interphase is easy to handle it.
ConsDropbox paper has been great so far. but technical support could be improved which is the only issue.
September 15, 2019
Lucas H.
Associate Attorney
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2019

“DropBox is an easy way to share files”

ProsAccessible from all types of devices, I can share, view and edit documents from basically anywhere to anywhere
ConsThe app on the Apple IOS may be slow and unresponsive at times, as downloading PDFs takes a bit. That could be the network though.
August 21, 2019
Greg P.
Concession Stand Attendant
Writing and Editing, Self-employed

“Great for Transfers”

ProsI use Dropbox all the time to submit resumes and references. It's easy to use and gives me my own dedicated space in my computer for it.
ConsWhen the internet is down, this product does not work. Also, the speed of syncing depends a lot on internet speed.
Real Estate, Self-employed
July 5, 2019

“Works well when I have to scan things on my phone and then send them to the Computer”

OverallWorks well for me.
ProsEase of use using mobile phone and computer to share files and documents.
ConsThe android version of file folder choosing is a bit challenging at times.
July 5, 2019
Michael C.
UI/UX Designer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees

“Similar to Google docs”

ProsThe collaboration capabilities are better here than through Google. Dropbox Paper makes it easier to collaborate by showing the user where each person has edited and added content.
ConsIt is a little confusing when it comes to adding new documents and renaming them. Whenever I thought I renamed a document or a link, the changes would not save. It's a little confusing, and it's something they can definitely improve on to make more clear to users.
Mayave R.
Journalist
Music, 51-200 employees
July 16, 2019

“My experince whith the Dropbox”

OverallI have always had good experiences of use. The application has a clear and clean interface. I was able to use.
ProsI enjoyed being able to store my texts and have links to acess and send to other people.
ConsI liked being able to have my texts saved permanently,I liked haven't to store in a pen drive or AHD and I liked having links available to share my texts with other people.
July 16, 2019
Tiffany W.
3rd Key Manager
Cosmetics, Self-employed
August 6, 2019

“Great life saver”

ProsI love the ease of uploading your papers and knowing you can come back anytime an they're still there!
ConsThere is nothing I like least about the software
August 6, 2019
Orlando Z.
Post Producer
Online Media, 11-50 employees
September 3, 2019

“Dropbox is the best cloud storage services ever!”

OverallDropbox is a professional solution in B2B business. Cloud storage is no longer a problem for me.
ProsIt has a fast synchronization that allows me to send videos easily with my clients.
ConsIt is the most expensive tool in the market and its learning curve is slow.
September 3, 2019
Internet, 11-50 employees
August 11, 2019

“Good tool for asynchronous collaboration”

Pros- Easy to quickly create content for collaboration - Global todo lists make it easy to find tasks assigned to you anywhere in one place - Offers templates to make it easier to re-use content
Cons- Code formatting doesn't always work as expected - Phone app works poorly with really large documents - Organization of documents leaves a lot to be desired, it can be really hard to find things at times
Adhi S.
Public Health Consultant
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1000 employees
July 19, 2019

“Simple and Quick Collaborative Document Editor”

ProsIf you need to create a quick document to collaborate with others, Dropbox Paper is one of your best options. It's simple to use and supports various kinds of content, LaTex, and Markdown. It also integrates with various services.
ConsIt lacks integration with grammar and spell checker tools. So you need to do it on third-party services. Fon't usage is also non-customizable.
Jockie T.
Senior Consultant
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2019

“Easy to Use Collaborative Document”

ProsWhile designed for collaboration, Dropbox paper is also perfect for individual use. You can add many types of files to Paper. You can also transform your documents into presentations.
ConsIt lacks the database creation like Notion.
July 18, 2019
Hydyn G.
Vice President
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
August 12, 2019

“Simple File Sharing and Editing”

OverallDropbox Paper has certainly helped me to solve key issues in our organisation - that is the problem of needing to have multiple people working on a file. Dropbox Paper provides this solution in an incredibly concise easy to use way.
ProsDropbox Paper is a great product as it allowed me to share files that need to be worked on with my fellow organisation members, allowing us all to contribute with no problems, without the worry of needing to email it around, merge edits or potential file corruption.
ConsSadly there are far less formatting features compared to products like Microsoft Word - which is fine for heavy text based projects (like plans) but not great for documents that need visual appeal.
August 12, 2019
Moataz H.
Engineer
Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Free Product”

OverallMy best option for the drop box paper is that its free for charge , user friendly, give a space for creativity.
ProsIts a free product giving a lot of advantage to the users and in the same time very easy to use let you use your creativity to get a excellent output
ConsNothing i love this software specially when all the other competitors put a charge for the software
Biotechnology, Self-employed
September 16, 2019

“Get documents on the go”

ProsI liked that you can download dropbox to your computer/phone and use it as another folder, there's no need to remember to upload the files to their page, it will automatically do it for you.
ConsAltough you can pay for aditional space 2GB for the free package is way too low.
Anabel B.
Escrow Officer
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2019

“Best Friendly user software ”

OverallIt's been a great experience, have not had any issues.
ProsI like the availability of storing my personal information on a safe software.
ConsNone at this time, I still use this product and love it.
September 19, 2019
Margaret R.
sales admin
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
July 2, 2019

“super handy”

Overalloverall excellent experience.
Prossuper handy. functional. straightforward. easy to use.
Consi don't like that there is a limit to how much i can store in there.
July 2, 2019
Retno W.
English Teacher
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
July 31, 2019

“The Quick Note Taking App, Built for Collaboration”

ProsIt's simple to use and it's automatically saved and synced.
ConsIt lacks features and far away behind Google Docs
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Reliable Document Management”

OverallIn general, the experience was good, including the distribution and control of confidential documents.
ProsEasy to implement and use among team members
ConsExpensive cost for intermediate capacity storage
Emily B.
Business manager
Education Management, 11-50 employees
July 27, 2019

“Love it!”

OverallThis has helped us so much in being able to work together as a team to complete tasks
ProsI love how easy it is to share documents and work together on projects
ConsIt took a little time to get used to the different features, but then it became super easy!
July 27, 2019
pavani p.
Junior Executive office
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
September 16, 2019

“Save files and images in dropbox”

OverallI use this application as a storage to save my files and images in cloud storage.
ProsWe can configure drop box with our personal computer and it provides folders of drop box. Then we can easily add files and then it will move to the drop box automatically.
ConsSometimes files do not getting update when i put to my local folders.
Aquirra RoEve L.
Art Teacher
Writing and Editing, 201-500 employees
September 14, 2019

“Drop By Dropbox”

ProsI appreciate Dropbox for being a digital file cabinet essentially. It's a great space to store your files that are shared among multiple people. It's safe and easily accessible.
ConsI don't really have any complaints about it, because it has a very specific function, that I find it executes wonderfully.
September 14, 2019
Elizabeth R.
Family resource Advocate
Education Management, 11-50 employees
September 12, 2019

“Drop Box Review”

ProsIt is easy to share files among multiple users from one location.
ConsIt makes extra files if someone is editing the same file as you and saves it. Can be quite confusing at times.
September 12, 2019
Mayo L.
Teacher
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
July 31, 2019

“It Does What it does Well ”

ProsIt's a good note taking app backed by Dropbox tech. You can relate a quick note and tune it into presentation.
ConsIt lacks the more advanced features available on its rivals.
Kelly P.
Certified Personal Trainer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
August 16, 2019

“Useful for sharing large Filez”

ProsIt's a good tool for sharing files, photos and other graphics in one central location.
ConsNot as user friendly platform as some others I've used, but still a good tool!
August 16, 2019