Infinite Campus Ratings

Overall

About Infinite Campus

Web-based, enterprise-wide student information system including grade book, state reporting, Special Ed IEPs and more. Learn more about Infinite Campus

Anvita S.
Tutor
Education Management, Self-employed
September 15, 2019

“Infinite Campus is Informative”

OverallOverall my experience with Infinite Campus has been long term and positive. I used it as a student myself for my entire academic career, several times a week, and I absolutely loved that every single assignment or exam grade gets inputted and updated as soon as the teacher logs it in. It was an exciting (and nerve wracking!) time as a student but I remember as soon as the teacher would announce that grades were up, that the energy in the room would change and everyone would go home and log into Infinite Campus and then call each other (back before the days of cell phones and texting that is!). I know that Infinite Campus can bring families together and is a platform where students and families can log in together and figure out what is best for the student. I am happy to see that the students I teach now are having similar experiences and that parents are still involved in checking grades even today, because this is what is best for the child so that they can get any help or motivation that they need before the semester keeps moving along.
ProsI used infinite campus for many years as a student and I always liked the layout and how my classes were lined up like my schedule so I could go through and check my progress in each one. I loved how the grades were already separated into formative and summative sections, reflecting the way the school graded us. As a very involved and "nerdy" student, I was constantly checking infinite campus and my grades. I liked that I could log in and keep track of my progress as a student any time of the day or night, and that it was always available for me even when I was up late studying and remembered I had a new grade in and was able to check it. I also really liked that this software helps families stay connected. My parents would log in at times to check in on me and I think this software really helps to keep parents in the loop because students at times get scared and avoid looking, or lie about their grades to their parents. Parents having the ability to log in allows for them to keep track of their child's grades and progress in every class and this allows them to support them and provide them with help before it is too late in the semester, and this has ample positive ripple affects.
ConsWhat I liked least about this software was the layout. I have seen younger students get overwhelmed even though they are eager to check their grades. There are a lot of words on the screen at any time and it can be difficult for a younger student to figure out where to "go" on the page. Older students and perhaps parents/guardians who are not computer savvy may feel overwhelmed by the business of the screen at all times. The software itself is extremely useful but is a bit crowded in terms of user friendliness and the layout. As a tutor I have logged into Infinite Campus with my students and their parents and as a computer savvy person it still takes me a minute to adjust to everything going on the screen. I have had to teach parents and students where to go once I figured it out, and this is what I like least about the software because not everyone is that accustomed to navigating busy and crowded websites.
September 15, 2019
December 4, 2018

“Infinite Campus is Easy with Awesome Support”

OverallI do like this software. The company is very accommodating. They work hard to customize the software for your school. I can't say enough good about the support, which is huge when you are using a software of this complexity.
ProsThe easy of use has got to be my number one. The look of the software is comfortable. Learning curve is slight. If you know student record keeping, you will have no trouble in this software. The user setup is a big plus. You can setup user groups then add the users to that group. No individual settings have to be made. Each user has access to only what their position requires. No worries that someone will mess with areas they are not trained in. The rights setup allows you to choose who can Read Only and who has Write or Delete access. I like the fact that you have the option to have an onsite software administrator. Most of the users never need to contact Infinite Campus support as their issues are resolved locally. Exporting data could not be easier. You can create custom reports and choose to export them into several formats. A BIG pro is the support. Infinite Campus has a support group that will stick with you until your problem is resolved. Their Campus Community link is right in the software, so, if a phone call is not what you want to do, submit a case online or you have access to endless learning documents, videos, or tutorials. If you need more than that, they will come onsite or you can utilize their training center in MN. With so many components in the software, it would take a book to report on it all. This software will meet your needs.
ConsReports are always an issue. There is a bit more of a learning curve here than in the other parts of the software. Although, I have used other student records software, IC reporting is probably the easiest to use, but still tedious.
December 4, 2018
Deanna P.
Spanish Tutor
November 11, 2018

“Best School Software”

OverallI am a teacher and I love this program. It is by far my favorite program to use as an online grade book. It would be nice if you could attach assignments, but overall, it is great.
ProsI love the layout, design and functionality of this program. Like most programs, it does take some time to learn it, but it is worth it and very much worth the time to review everything that it can do to make you and your students' lives easier. With some practice, it is easy to navigate, especially after you have invested the time it takes to set up all of your classes. Using it on a daily basis is the easy part, you just have to make sure you fully understand how to use it first (like with everything in life).
ConsAt first, it takes some time to learn/remember all the details in order to set up your classes the best way for you and your students.
November 11, 2018
February 18, 2019

“Infinite Campus for teachers ”

OverallMy overall experience has been positive. It is easy to take attendance and keep notes on students. I can log in from anywhere as well.
ProsI love that I can color code my grade book for missing assignments. It really helps me to just take a quick glance and know right away which student is missing what assignment.
ConsThe reporting can be a bit tricky. I feel I have to go through too many steps to get a simple report. Also, if a student gets transferred out of my class their grades do not transfer with them. For this reason I still keep a paper copy of my grades which creates more work for me.
February 18, 2019
PATRICIA F.
September 8, 2017

“I use this as a teacher and a parent. It's truly complete for our needs.”

OverallInfinite campus makes my life so much easier, both as a parent and a teacher.
ProsI love that I am notified as a parent as soon as my children have a grade or an attendance update. As a teacher I love that everything I need is always at my fingertips. My person ID integrates me as both parent and teacher so it's all there. I can use the app on my phone to check on students or my children, as well as using the desktop log-in.
ConsIt can be glitchy with Chrome, and we're a chromebook school. Additionally, it is tedious to look up information on the entire class--addresses and contact information.
September 8, 2017
Martha S.
School Nutrition Director
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
July 14, 2017

“Infinite Campus Food Service”

OverallWe used another system but it never worked with our Student Information System. The numbers of our free/reduced students never matched and we spent hours looking for the problem.
ProsInteracts with all parts of our Student Information System. User friendly and easy to navigate. Excellent support from the company. Each student has a unique number that is used whenever they come through the line. No one can tell what pay source a student is so it reduces the stigma of being a "free" student.
ConsCashiers hit the wrong keys sometimes but this can happen with any system. Students complain because they forget their PIN and it slows down the line.
July 14, 2017
josh F.
teacher
May 6, 2017

“Overall, I had a positive experience with Infinite Campus as I learned more about it's features.”

ProsI liked how easy it was to use and transfer grade-book settings from year to year as well as the customized grade reporting. While almost every program used for grading or attendance has these features, this system was the most straightforward and intuitive I've used.
ConsIt's gotten better in terms of student/parent interface over the past few years, although I sometimes get frustrated as setting up online assignments from class to class can be tedious. Also, it seems to work better with some web browsers(IE) than others(Chrome).
May 6, 2017
Lissa W.
Director of Therapy Services
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
October 31, 2018

“Infinite Campus”

OverallThe program allows information to be available to anyone with access to find information about students that is needed quickly and easily.
ProsIt is easy to use. New employees are able to start using it immediately because it is user friendly. Very helpful to use a program that is web based so work can be done from anywhere. It seems to be a program that can be customized for different school districts' needs.
ConsThere have been times when multiple people are adding information to a document and one person's information is not saved. There's no indication of this until you reopen it later and your stuff is just not there. This may have been fixed as I have not had this happen in a long time. The only other problem is that if I have access to a student for special education, I only have access to their special ed documents, not their schedule or attendance. This could be a feature that my district does though.
October 31, 2018
Kyle H.
Information Technology
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
July 10, 2018

“Amazing upgrade to our SIS, easy to use and always available”

OverallEasy to use, extremely powerful product. Able to combine all of our campus programs into this one piece of software.
ProsWe recently changed from Schoolmaster, which was old and archaic. Infinite campus makes everything extremely easy to find, and combines all aspects of our campus in one easy to use program. This was a familiar product in some aspects as the state uses it already
ConsThis was a huge change from our last SIS, so the training was quite intensive, as was the exporting and importing of data to the new database.
July 10, 2018
Bob H.
Superintendent
March 26, 2019

“Infinite Campus for a Rural District”

OverallWe are able to manage students, data, parent contacts, messaging, texting, emergency notifications and many other things with Campus. We are very happy with the product.
ProsThe tools in Campus are intuitive and easy to manage. There are many tools available and this product is quickly becoming the standard in our state and region for student management.
ConsI really don't have too many complaints about Campus. Our customer support has been solid and we have been happy with the product.
March 26, 2019
April 11, 2019

“Good Place for All your Student Information”

OverallOverall, this is a good place to keep all records for the school, the ease of use for a new user is difficult and overwhelming at times.
ProsGood Place to store all student information from households and transferring records to pulling transcripts for students. One good location for all student and staff information.
ConsInfinite Campus can be so overwhelming for new staff. So many different features and things that can be done with ease of use being a little tough for staff.
April 11, 2019
Christina H.
special education ast

“Organization”

OverallI use this everyday for the past fours years to keep track of students grades and parent contact. It is very easy to get throught
Pros This is a great way to keep track of all the students information from home life to attendence. This keeps track of all the information and is very easy to add and locate everything you need.
ConsI do not see an cons in this program at all because I use this on a daily base for the past four years.
Amy H.
Parent
September 30, 2019

“Great way to keep up”

OverallOnce it is set up, everything is automatic. I can log in, get my children's grades and schedule and upcoming events in a matter of minutes and but up-to-date. It's been a great way for me to stay connected with my children's education.
ProsI am able to see what assignments my children have turned in, the grades they are receiving, their schedules and even keep up with their school events through the message center. My children can even log in using their login to see messages from teachers and see what is on the calendar and their grades. We can send and receive messages from their teachers.
ConsYou cannot see the student's grades more than maybe two weeks in the past. So if you miss checking a week or so, you cannot see grades that could be negatively affecting their overall grades.
September 30, 2019
Cait W.
May 15, 2019

“Infinite Campus”

ProsInfinite campus is great for teachers because it is a one-stop-shop. We use it for behaviors, grades, parent contacts, etc. etc. There are many options to the program.
ConsThis might be how our school uses it - but it is not as user-friendly as I would like it to be. For standards-based grading, it will not calculate the grades for you in the system. You have to manually go through and calculate the final grades.
May 15, 2019
Erica S.
April 23, 2019

“Infinite Campus ”

ProsI like that my grade-book, attendance, and behavior management are all in one place. It is easy to run reports many ways and gives you an option to color code grades.
ConsSometimes the program can be glitchy. I do not like that I cannot add an assignment to all of my classes at once; I have to add the assignment for each class individually. I wish there were more options to color code the grade book further.
April 23, 2019
Renee R.
Technology Teacher
November 2, 2018

“Easy to use”

OverallInfinite campus is seamless on the computer or on the app for the product. I have used it as desktop and using ipad/iphone and it works great.
ProsThis program is easy to use. I have used other similar softwares and it was easy to adapt to this product. It has great reports in the program to pull on students as well.
ConsNot many cons on this product. It has really been easy to use. I have not noticed any glitches or issues so far.
November 2, 2018
Donald L.
E-Learning, 501-1000 employees
September 24, 2019

“Infinite Campus”

OverallI have used Infinite Campus as a teacher for six years. While it does a great job of allowing access for parents and students to view their grades, it is clunky and difficult to navigate as a user.
ProsCan easily enter grades for students for them to be able to see the instant that their score is entered. There is an app for both parents and students to help monitor their grades throughout the year.
ConsThe staff at our school has renamed this program to infinite clicks. It takes a huge amount of clicks with your mouse to get any task done. The interface is not user friendly and many staff members at our school have a difficult time using it.
September 24, 2019
Patricia F.
December 12, 2018

“Great Grade book and other student organizer”

ProsThe grade book has many flexibilities (unfortunately our central office won't let us use most of them). I like the check to see if we have saved feature. The ability to access transcripts and other student information is beneficial.
ConsThe report options are limited and the send email is not intuitive.
December 12, 2018
November 12, 2018

“Infinite Campus: a Valuable Tool to be Improved”

ProsI like many of the features - the organization of student information, ability to see teacher reports year by year, etc.
ConsI think the worst part of the software is the navigation. It isn't laid out intuitively, and the "messenger" piece to communicate with parents is clunky, confusing to use, and could use work.
November 12, 2018
August 6, 2018

“Infinite Campus”

ProsInfinite Campus is a great attendance tool. It is very easy to use for that function. It also has a grade book and messenger tools.
ConsStandards-based grading clutters up the report and can be difficult for students and parents to understand how the student is doing in the course. Teaching the usage is very important
August 6, 2018
Amy H.
Special education
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1000 employees
February 8, 2018

“All in one for special educators”

OverallEasy to learn and navigate.
ProsThe ease of having all your student documents in one place and bring able to have flags on students profiles for contact, allergies, etc.
ConsIt is hard to copy and paste as it does word spacing things and can glitch in my preferred browser. The document boxes to fill in are not large enough in some documents like pbmp's
February 8, 2018
May 7, 2019

“Works well”

ProsYou can check in on student behavior and attendance and have an easy way to communicate with parents.
ConsThere are too many ways to do the same thing and this program is not the most user-friendly. It needs a major update, but if you have no other option, this can get the job done.
May 7, 2019
Stacy P.
September 15, 2017

“It is nice to have so much information in one place. ”

ProsI like the special education features and being able to access multiple points of information. Taking attendance is quick and easy.
ConsSometimes it can be confusing when working on certain features and it seems to change often. It seems like there are multiple steps you have to take to get into certain features of IC.
September 15, 2017
Jairus D.
Associate
June 15, 2017

“It allows me to stay on top of my grades. ”

ProsI like that it keeps you completely aware of how you're doing in your classes. Also, it let's you see your schedule (planner), assignments, and attendance.
ConsI don't like that tests, quizzes, homework, and class work have different weight values, which impacts your overall grade.
June 15, 2017
Twila A.
Manager of HR and Talent
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
December 18, 2018

“Makes checking in simple”

OverallIC is like any other platform: it's only as good as the information that goes in it. When scores aren't updated, the information can be alarming but understanding the timing can help keep parents on top of potential problems before the end of the semester.
ProsI really like the user interface of this software. It's easy to navigate the log in and toggle between my students. As a parent, I find the information is presented in an intuitive format.
ConsI wish the platform had more opportunities for notes/communications within the platform. Being able to email a teacher directly from the grade report would be tremendous.
December 18, 2018
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

“Works for my school”

OverallOverall, it's getting the job done for my daily needs as a teacher. I think parts of it could be more efficient.
ProsAs a teacher, I use Infinite Campus every day. I use the basic features it provides, such as signing myself in and taking my students' attendance. I also use it to access my special education caseload as well as general student information. I like that all of the student information is in one place and that it shows important information, such as student allergies or health conditions, clearly at the top of their profile.
ConsSome of the features are not intuitive. For example, when I first log in, I'm under "campus tools," and I see "attendence" in a sidebar. However, that is not where I take attendance -- I have to click through to another area and then click on attendance in the sidebar. This isn't immediately obvious and not very efficient.
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
September 10, 2019

“Teen Son Using Infinite Campus ”

OverallI have this app on my phone so I know if there's anything going on with my son's academics, and I do receive alerts. But I can only access the grade book on a desktop computer.
ProsInfinite Campus sends me alerts whenever my son is late to class or misses an assignment. I can visit grade books for each class and see what homework he's missing and what he still needs to turn in.
ConsThe gradebook is hard to navigate and many teachers don't input the assignments or update the grade book. Sometimes I receive irrelevant push notifications.
September 10, 2019
Lisa S.
HR Manager
Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees
August 30, 2019

“So many features!”

OverallOverall, this software is a great tool for parents! It eliminates the need for so much paperwork, enables parents to have everything in one place and simplifies school enrollment. Great product!
ProsIt is "one stop shopping" for parents! It allows a parent to pay school fees, get messages, view report cards and retrieve grades. It's a great way to simply their child's school situation.
ConsI haven't really found anything I don't like. Sometimes it takes a little digging to find information, but I wouldn't consider this a negative.
August 30, 2019
Katie S.
Writing and Editing, 1001-5000 employees
March 19, 2019

“Great Program”

ProsI like that attendance, behavior tracking, and grading is all in one place.
ConsThe gradebook is a bit limited in what information we can share with students.
March 19, 2019
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
October 9, 2018

“Great for school-home comunication! Very informative!”

ProsMy daughters school uses Infinite Campus to track attendance, grades, schedules, MAP test results. It is also used for communications with parents. Parents can also see academic information about their child, gifted and talented program, attendance, grades and class schedules, teachers names etc. It is very convenient for international parents, because they are not familiar with USA school system. And most of all it is user-friendly.
ConsI never had any problem using Infinite Ca
October 9, 2018
Joshua P.
Student
September 24, 2018

“IC as a student”

ProsEasy to access grades from any device, and view school announcements.
ConsHas shut down many times, including during critical grading periods.
September 24, 2018
Elizabeth S.
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2017

“Great way to keep track!”

OverallI think overall it is very helpful and I am glad that our school uses it.
ProsThis software is fantastic for keeping track of how my kids are doing in school on a daily basis. I find that it is easy to switch between my kids (2) and see their individual assignments. It is also helpful to know which which assignments are missing!
ConsThe app doesn't work as well as the web based software. I have a hard time seeing the individual assignments using the app. I also wish that I could use it to see upcoming assignments.
December 12, 2017
Khristina B.
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1000 employees
August 13, 2019

“Infinite Campus”

OverallI love that Infinite Campus allows me and my child the ability to see their grades and school information whenever we want.
ProsThe software allows me view all three of my children's school information. Using the app I select to receive alerts when my child's grade changes. It has allowed me to stay on top of how my child is doing in school.
ConsWhen a teacher is complaining progress reports, the alerts are constant. It would be great to be able to select the alerts or how often you receive the alerts.
August 13, 2019
Landon D.
Design, 1-10 employees

“Keep tabs on grades”

ProsHelps me keep tabs on assignments and grading for my kids.
ConsIt is difficult to navigate and often off line.
Rebecca R.
Primary/Secondary Education, 10,001+ employees
January 10, 2018

“Staff and Students Enjoy”

OverallGreat for college, too!
ProsInfinite Campus is a powerhouse, and for good reason. It allows for both students and staff to access and update the information they need, from grades to student information to behavior history. It also allows for parents to get notifications about their child, which most enjoy receiving.
ConsEven though it is so comprehensive, we still use different software for things like IEPs and 504 plans (student accommodations). Therefore it is not a total all-in-one.
January 10, 2018
Kevin J.
IT Director
Primary/Secondary Education, Unspecified
October 13, 2015

“Infinite Campus understands our SIS needs.”

ProsSolid product with a large selection of modules to meet the needs of most districts. Support is responsive and knowledgeable. User group meetings well planned are especially helpful for adopters.
ConsCustom development can be difficult depending on what you ask for. More can be gained by collaborating with other districts with similar needs.
Recommendations to other buyersYour decision team needs to understand all of the functionality included in your present student information system and all state/federal reporting requirements. Make sure all of the district's SIS needs are included or will be addressed during implementation.
October 13, 2015
Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees
January 15, 2019

“Infinite Campus is great!”

ProsInfinite Campus is great for communication between school and parents. For parents, it is straightforward to check your student's grades, report cards, MAP tests results, attendance, school announcements etc. We check our daughters specials schedule every week. It helps us to be more organized and dont forget about importat things at school.
ConsI like everything about Infinite Campus.
January 15, 2019
Cila S.
Parent
E-Learning, Self-employed
September 25, 2018

“Working with Infiniti Campus”

ProsI like working with Infiniti Campus for my kids. It easy to navigate. I am able to find my children's grades and assignments that are missing and have been done.
ConsI have not yet found a con for this program.
Nathan L.
May 29, 2018

“Infinite campus has made life easier since being introduced into our school.”

OverallHelp me stay organized with all of my school responsibilities.
ProsIt's a one stop shop for grades, discipline, finance and information. This helps everyone stay on the same page and not have multiple different information systems to sign into.
ConsSometimes calculating grades can be difficult. It's almost as if you need an statistician to input everything and get it to equal out. Good thing I had someone smart to walk me through it.
May 29, 2018
Zach L.
ELA Teacher
May 7, 2018

“Great for Busy Teachers”

ProsI like that this software is intuitive and easy to use. I can save grades easily as I get my grading completed.
ConsThe software freezes and kicks me out from time to time, but that is mostly when I have had it open for days on end.
May 7, 2018
Danielle T.
school counselor
July 26, 2019

“Easy to use Program”

OverallI use it each day for my job-- overall my experiences are positive
ProsI think Infinite Campus is pretty easy to use and has many good features. We are able to do many different things with it such as get demographic information about students and also set up a schedule.
ConsAt times, it can be difficult to run custom reports.
July 26, 2019
Michael O.
July 18, 2019

“Better than paper”

ProsSending out notifications based on performance is super helpful.
ConsSetting it up every semester is a chore especially if you weight certain categories.
July 18, 2019
Sabrina M.
Science and Math Educator
January 10, 2019

“Great for info but not much else”

OverallOverall it accomplishes what it says it's going to do. But it's gradebook is really subpar to other online grading programs.
ProsIt is a great database for information for students. Integrates well with grade book features.
ConsThe gradebook does not allow you to see all assignments at one time. Since the software takes assignments and links it to the learning targets, then you must view assignments by viewing the learning targets. Other online programs will link the assignments to the learning targets so that you're able to see all the assignments across the board at one time. I believe this is the biggest faults with infinite campus.
January 10, 2019
Audra W.
Admissions Assistant
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
April 14, 2019

“Everything needed for a teacher ”

ProsSuch an easy software to upload grades & take attendance. Easy to manipulate once you understand how. Very convenient that everything is in one place!
ConsNothing. It was super easy to learn how to use & a great tool for the classroom. Easy for parents to utilize also in the parent portal
April 14, 2019
Sarah F.
Billing Manager
Primary/Secondary Education, Unspecified
3.5/5
May 12, 2016

“Fairly easy to navigate”

ProsThe product has an appealing design that isn't visually overwhelming. It is fairly easy to navigate by using the tabs.
ConsIt can be difficult to send a message or notification within Infinite campus.
Recommendations to other buyersConsider the function or role you need the system to play. More options doesn't always make it better, as a good foundation program Infinite Campus serves great for record management.
May 12, 2016
Erin P.
Librarian
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
August 24, 2019

“Lots of Data”

OverallOn a school level, our experience is fine. We mainly search for students by name. It's nice that it stores pictures too.
ProsIt's amazing how much information this software can store. We use it for our school district, and it's fairly easy to look up phone numbers, etc. for students.
ConsThe interface is a little clunky. The actual font size is small, so can be hard to read. Also, we get an email from our IT department at least once per week that says Infinite Campus is down. Not sure if this is our district's problem or the software, but for some reason, problems with it frequently have to be fixed.
August 24, 2019
Stephanie J.
Realtor
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2019

“Great tool for students and parents”

ProsThis is an awesome tool to have for keeping track of my kids grades, all their assignments are handed in and also being able to add money to their accounts for lunches. Highly recommend.
ConsNothing. I love everything about this software.
August 19, 2019
Gina G.
Support & Outreach Secretary
July 25, 2019

“Great Software for Educational Needs”

ProsThis software is user friendly, and has an endless amount of features to track, report, and collect data for students in our districts. It connects through the district through other schools, and has numerous capabilities other, similar, software programs do not. One of the features we like most about this product is that we can get very detailed with the emergency and guardian contacts within each student.
ConsThe price point is not as comparable to other software programs who offer similar accessibility and features.
July 25, 2019
March 15, 2019

“Infinite Campus”

ProsUpdates in the past few years have improved functionality greatly. Student information is organized simply and is easily accessible. Student/Parent portal displays information in an easy to read format.
ConsSome functions such as the parent messenger are not intuitive and can be difficult to use. Adapting the gradebook to meet the needs of Standards-Based Learning and Assessment may be difficult depending on how the district wants grades displayed.
March 15, 2019
JJ S.
Teacher/Coach
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
March 12, 2019

“Infinite Campus”

Pros- It allows you to see when students have been marked absent in other classes - Entering grades is easy - Entering assignments is seamless between school years
Cons- Parent communication is not automatic to my knowledge as it is with other programs
March 12, 2019