Foleon Ratings

Overall

About Foleon

Foleon (formerly Instant Magazine) is an online creative platform for quickly producing sales and marketing collateral that's visually immersive, measurable, and proven to keep readers engaged. It empowers organizations to replace all their PDFs and printed communication assets with responsive, media-rich web publications. Learn more about Foleon

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
July 4, 2018

“Easy to use, lots of possibilities”

OverallLots of new followers!
ProsLove the user experience, all the possible ways of using creativity to create something unique, and the possibility to deliver awesome products to our clients and their clients. The bounce rate is truly something, for we have an average of 3-4% bounces... Which is amazingly good.
ConsIt takes some time to create truly good background images in some templates. For example, when I'm posting a page about a motorcycle, I need an intro text and a background image. The introtext takes up about half the screen on mobile, and since I'm depending on the brands' images, I need to add a lot of scenery around the target in the image. But... Since I have to choose between these text and image on such a small screen, it's the best critic I can think of. Instant Magazine is amazing and editing capabilities are extremely user friendly.
July 4, 2018
Marco D.
Senior consultant brand & communications
June 4, 2018

“A great tool to share rich media device independant”

OverallBeing able to publish rich media device independent and work with more that one person on a publication and having everything in the cloud.
ProsNot having to deal with the code stuff and being able to work with more than one person on a publication makes it a team sport. This way you can develop faster and consentrate on the things your good at.
ConsHaving to wait lang for release of the drag and drop editor. Background video does not play on mobile devices. Somtime's interaction between the platform and de browser is slow but this is more a connection to internet problem.
Maquiro H.
Communications Advisor
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
May 30, 2018

“Great tool. Easy to use and an excellent way to produce content suitable for desktop and mobile. ”

ProsEasy to use, looks stunning, fantastic way of making content connected with Google Analytics. For example; producing whitepapers in PDF did not have this option. You don't have to know all the ins and outs of the software tool to make wonderful looking content. The software helps you, even software simpletons.
11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“Fantastic, frustrating, functional, fair, flippant, friendly”

ProsEasy to use, produces attractive publications. Allows you to demonstrate creative flair, whilst not having to undergo a steep learning curve.
ConsThe drag and drop, honestly does not work properly. I honestly don't understand why this was introduced, it is clunky and unuseable for the most part. I have tried and then had to abandon projects using drap and drop. When you are going through completed magazines, it also shows traces of the underlying template that you have been using. I think its a nice idea, but in reality does not work. Needs urgent attention. Thumbnail previews don't always work, which is frustating particulary when you are posting online.
July 10, 2018
Corrie A.
May 30, 2018

“An amazing product to make a fabulous magazine!”

ProsEvery week I make a small online magazine. That's a big task for me. But with the tools of Instant Magazine I can make a magazine that looks really professional with not a lot of knowledge.
ConsThere are a lot of options, I could do with less options, it makes it sometimes more difficult then necessary. And sometimes I would like a picture in an other place but that's not possible.
Fred Z.
Projectmanager
501-1000 employees
July 17, 2018

“At last: digital publishing became easy”

OverallState of the art digital publishing
ProsInstantmagazine empowers content manageners to publish their content without necessary assistance of other staff specialist like IT. Content can be designed and distributed with the look and feel that is consistent with the brand. And even more important - we worked with pdf's - data are available to see what is read, what not thus enabling us to improve the readers experience.
ConsSoftware is more than the url we work with. May be a better integration between the available roadmap and the log-in.
July 17, 2018
June 6, 2018

“Easy and fast creating beautiful online magazines”

OverallSubscribers. Advertisers. Bloggers for free. Authority.
ProsIntegrating text, url's, pics and videos. I can build and adjust pages fast en easy for my customers. Magazines made by the software are a proven opportunity to collect subscribers in my case.
ConsI will tell you when the new Drag & Drop Editor is totally ready to go. Integrating and monitoring Google Analytics on GA is hard to do.
June 6, 2018
Mutta Y.
Marketing Analyst
11-50 employees
May 31, 2018

“Glad to work with Instant Magazine ”

OverallDigitalizing
ProsWhat I like most is especially how the software is designed to work so smooth and easy. The latest version Drag & Drop makes for me the difference to work very creative and fast.
ConsThere are some bugs, sometimes the page gives error and doesn't save your content. I like to have more options for the Drag & Drop update.
Marco K.
Manager marketing and (student) communication
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
May 31, 2018

“A great tool to easy create and publish our magazines for our students en prospects”

Overallfast, easy sett-up and publication of our magazines. Transition from print to digital.
ProsEasy of use, powerful interface, drag and drop editor capabilities... and a fast and easy learning curve.
Consthere are no cons about instantmagazine. Be aware that you have to explain the benefits to your organisation. The average mindset is based on websites.
Lindsay C.
Recruitment & Engagement
Human Resources, 201-500 employees
November 1, 2018

“Set the standard for new internal comms ”

ProsI was able to create professional looking newsletters for our company that are engaging (the built in stats are their to confirm), easy to view on mobile as well, and the customer service was great. Lot of fun to play with
ConsIt's come a long way over the last 2-3 years. There were a number of time-sucking glitches in the first year, some really fiddly things. The customer focus meant I had my account manager on Skype for urgent stuff (support team- you rock star!), but I did need to watch the time difference with UK / Europe. These funny countries that have socially responsible work hours... :)
November 1, 2018
Alain D.
Webmaster
Civil Engineering, Unspecified
June 4, 2018

“Instant Magazine allowed me to quickly and easily create an engaging web experience.”

OverallI managed to turn around an engaging user experience quickly and effectively, creating a consistent product in multiple languages. It worked with very little headache, and I loved how free I was to design at my own discretion, with very few limitations, save for time and my own imagination. Thumbs way up on this product.
ProsThe drag and drop functionality worked well, removing much of the headache around designing a mobile experience that looks/works well in a desktop viewport. I found myself free to design whatever I wanted without much constraint or limitation. Everything just works.
ConsThere were a few things I wanted to do with the tool that I was unable to at the time of publication, such as creating an anchored link. But Instant Magazine shared their feature rollout calendar and I was pleased to get insight into what would be included down the road. It didn't help me out at the time, but having the knowledge that in the future I might be able to accomplish that task was nice.
Joey D.
Relatiebeheerder
May 31, 2018

“Beautiful designs, easy to use, and great customer support”

ProsThe ease of use and customer support are both really good. A few months ago I started using IM, having no clue how to design everything I had in mind. Now, a few months later, I feel like I've learned so much and really understand how their design-tool works.
ConsSometimes while creating an article, I receive new content that I actually also want to add to that article then. That's only not always possible (or not possible in a nice and convenient way) when I've already chosen for a certain format. I then have to create a new page and that's a waste of time and energy.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2018

“A platform that could transform your ability to communicate”

OverallThe people and the platform are amongdt the ebst business tools I have ever used.
ProsAfter a short time, it became easy to create engaging content quickly.
ConsOnce you understand the (few) limitations of the platform you can work within the provided templates. Occasionally you need to force content into a template which is not 100% your vsion for the page.
August 6, 2018
Michel G.
Art & Account and Operations Director
July 3, 2018

“Instant keeps the software up to date so as a user I always have the latest version/possibilities”

ProsDrag and drop is the most effectief way to compose the pages, with maximum creativity how to compose
ConsSometimes the expert knowledge how to put it on the web and how subdomains has to be implemented in the system
Alex L.
Designer
May 24, 2018

“A great idea and easy product to use. Instant magazine is intuitive and creates a wonderful product”

ProsI like that I can edit and create on the fly with my team. If something needs to be fixed and I cannot access the internet immediately, one of our team members can log in and correct something if needed.
ConsI guess I would have to say that my least favorite part is how limited it is. But it isn't very limited. They development team is scheduling new features all the time and even if they left the application how it is we could continue to use it to make a great product.
Jane K.
Designer
Design, Self-employed

“Foleon”

ProsThe ease of use, the affordable price, the great people from support & sales
ConsThe constant changes in pricing and licenses
Connie M.
Communicatieadviseur
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

“Foleon magazines”

OverallOur solution for a fast special, where a printed version is not an option because of the turnaround time. And a more modern look via this digital option
ProsEasy to use, nice options. Quickly a professional-looking product
ConsIt is sometimes too complicated to align things.
Publishing, Unspecified
May 24, 2018

“Easy to use with excellent templates avaliable”

OverallThis software helps us to design and publish our magazine.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is actually their support team. They answered and helped us with every design questions when we just started to use this software.
ConsGoogle Tag Manager is only available if you pay, while everybody knows the advertising revenue is the one and only source of revenue to most publishers.
Tim d.
Content marketeer a.i.
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
June 4, 2018

“Great software to create magazines, brochures etc in a fun and personalized way. Highly recommended.”

ProsInstant magazine offers extensive options for personalisation, is easy to use, and has beautiful templates.
ConsI can't really think of something negative about Instant Magazine. It's simply a great tool to create beautiful content. Some of my clients would like the options to fully download it as a pdf, but I think that's more a transition of mindset about ONLINE magazines vs offline ugly pdf's ;)
Ralph L.
Publishing, 1-10 employees
November 7, 2018

“We made a mistake in buying this”

OverallWe have parted brass rags, and paying for a year that we have no use for because we failed to cancel in time. Not people I would deal with again.
ProsIt seemed to work well - looked nice, easy to use, good final product
ConsWe could not get it to work well with our SEO, and nor could we get it to report ads well. A lot of our customers did not like the experience of the magazine that we produced

By Foleon on November 19, 2018
Hi Ralph, our customer success managers have tried to reach you unsuccessfully for several weeks, I am sorry to hear that you feel we have let you down. We would still love to work with you to find a solution and show you the SEO features you may not yet have seen. We are eager to hear from you.
November 7, 2018
Toine v.
Account Director
July 3, 2018

“Easy to use platform that deleivers a high quality user experience”

OverallA very goodlooking magazine and longreeds that are fun to produce
ProsInstant Magazine has a wide choice of professional tempates and the willingness of the support team to really support
ConsInstant Magazine might not be the cheapest platform available but certainly one of the best. It takes some time before you have all the various functionalities and possibilities mastered
Miel T.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
June 20, 2019

“Good potential”

OverallQuite good. Despite the fact that it has to speed up, the posibilities and usage beats the need for speed.
ProsEasy to use, responsiveness and posibillities
ConsI needs to speed up. At some points the proces to load or change elements is too slow.
June 20, 2019
Amarins v.
Online advisor
June 5, 2018

“We are very satisfied about Instant Magazine. It feels like you're reading a real magazine. ”

ProsAll the possibilities in Instant Magazine are really usefull. Especially all the tracking information (analytics) helps a lot by developing the magazine.
ConsIf you want a perfect magazine, it cost time. More time than we expected. Thats something we didn't realised.
June 5, 2018
Wholesale, 501-1000 employees
December 4, 2018

“Instant Magazine!”

ProsIt's a great tool for creating interactive pieces that are hosted online. With the limited features in the cons section, they are doing a great job of improving what add ons they do have and adding new add ons. They have great customer service reps that are always offering help explaing what IM can be used for and just any general questions we have.
ConsSome of the features are still limited in what they can do, also have a little trouble compensating for screen size.
December 4, 2018
Danja K.
Front- & Back-office manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
May 1, 2019

“Love the quality”

OverallWe are sending our monthly Merlet Magazine with foleon and we love the possibility to add direct links and extra information to the magazine. It really increases the bookings and reservations.
ProsI love the quality of the outcome and how easy it is to start a newsletter or event page.
ConsThe software is not cheap but it is worth the quality. The only thing I am missing is a tool to send the newsletter. I hope this will be an extra option in the future.
May 1, 2019
neil b.
Communications lead, commercial
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
May 25, 2018

“Easy to use and looks good”

Overalleasy to make something that looks good
Proseasy to work collaboratively while developing content. great helpdesk team who so far have been abel to resolve any issue straight away
Conswe have come across a couple of bugs but the helpdesk help sort them out quickly. cant think of anything else
May 25, 2018
Tiffany T.
Marketing Manager
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees
May 24, 2018

“Amazing. Beyond what we imagined”

Overall9
ProsThe end result. We have received so many compliments on our newly redesigned and launched newsletter.
ConsLearning all the capabilities of the software. It's seems like the possibilities are endless. Could be over whemling