Simple Little Library System Ratings

Overall
4.8/5

About Simple Little Library System

Library automation system designed by a library consultant for small libraries in schools, colleges, private libraries, law firms, church libraries & specialist libraries. Start with the catalogue & add functionality, users & more capacity as required. SaaS in the cloud or on your servers. Subscription includes set-up, licences, technical support, updates & 24/7 help center. Free 30 day trial, no credit card required. Additional modules includes circulation, finance, serials, ILL, ERM. Learn more about Simple Little Library System

Philip P.
ICT Network Manager
Education Management, 51-200 employees
August 1, 2019

“Simple Little Library System! ”

OverallThis has has been a fantastic experience especially when there is no dedicated librarian. The kids love it as they can browse for, return and reserve books on their IPads anywhere in the school.
ProsSimplicity is the keyword here. This is the simplest library system I have used. Easy to setup, easy to configure and easy to manage. We were looking a flexible system that adapts to the needs of our school and we found it.
ConsIt's very hard to find any of these except sometimes some books ISBN numbers are not in the catalogues but a quick email or phone call to support and they always have a solution at hand.

By Bailey Solutions on August 2, 2019
Thank you Philip for sharing your fantastic review! We're delighted it's working well for you - that's our mission!
August 1, 2019
Julie K.
Legal Information Manager
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
August 6, 2019

“Record and Go”

OverallMy overall experience is very positive. My use of SLLS is a straight forward law library application. I would say that I most appreciate the Finance section. I like to be able to run a monthly check and compare it to the accounts department printout.
ProsAs in the words of a - very old - shampoo add, SLLS is a very simple use and go product. The dashboard page contains all the hints, not only on instant access to the page I use most - serials quick Check in - but also where I might want to spend some time on Library admin. Alerts for forgotten details, overdue parts and overdue orders, they are there to help me.
ConsNothing really. I find that if I have a problem, the technical help is available immediately.

By Bailey Solutions on August 7, 2019
I like it! "Use and go!" Thank you Julie very positive review. We aim to give you the tools you need right on the Dashboard so you don't have to go digging for them.
August 6, 2019
Sonia R.
Senior Information Officer
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
July 18, 2019

“Simple Little Library System”

OverallSLLS has brought lots of new challenges but with a great support team, each issue has been dealt with efficiently and as quickly as possible. After a few initial teething problems we appreciate how it's changed how the library operates (for the better)
ProsAutocataloguing! And the ability to modify the way it looks by adding and removing things to the dashboard
ConsNo reservations or inter library loans system. There's also lots of functions that we never use so it can be a bit overwhelming to start with

By Bailey Solutions on July 22, 2019
Hi Sonia, Thank for your very positive review and we are delighted that it has changed for the better how your library operates. I just thought I'd let you know that Simple Little Library System does have reservations functionality. I will ask support to help you find it. Our other library system KnowAll Matrix is more suited to secondary schools and further education colleges as this has the functionality you are looking for with respect to more sophisticated loans and fines management. Also inter-library loans will be added to KnowAll Matrix in 2020.
Christine C.
Librarian
Law Practice, 51-200 employees
August 8, 2019

“Library Management System by Bailey review”

ProsUser friendly software without complex or expensive training coupled with excellent customer service.
ConsThe name and the branding. i think it devalues the product.

By Bailey Solutions on August 9, 2019
Thank you for your review and we're delighted that you find the product user-friendly and not complex. Regarding the branding you wouldn't want a complicated library system - would you? So we called it 'simple'. Trust me, as a Chartered Librarian I'm not belittling your job! We're just trying to free you up to help your users and all the other things you need to do.
Rachel W.
Librarian
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“Gilbert Inglefield”

OverallWe moved from a large, corporate-driven management system, focused on selling you further products. The difference in SLLS is having very similar product without the commercialism and the cost saving benefits
ProsIt's simplicity, with the ability to carry out tasks in a straightforward, logical way.
ConsOne off larger, more complex tasks, for example an audit, are not always easy to work out the most effective way to do it.

By Bailey Solutions on August 9, 2019
Rachel, we're so pleased that you are finding it easy to carry out tasks in a straightforward way. If you can give us some feedback on how we can improve the software to manage audits we'd like to build this into a future release.Or send us any other ideas you have.
Maya M.
Information Manager
Farming, 201-500 employees
July 18, 2019

“Great Product, excellent customer service ”

OverallI previously had Koha and would not recommend this to anyone. So I was looking for a simple system, cost effective, customer service and modern. I then found this one. It is very easy to use, modern, shows what has been catalogued, price, account manager so you if have any issues you can go to them. With SLLS, this is perfect, don't have any problems with it. Its has alot information like reporting and other features, no technical jargon that you cant understand. They tailor to your needs and make sure everything is perfect for you. Customer service and support is excellent. Training is good as well. The videos are excellent. I certainly recommend this software to any organisation who has a library. I have used many in my time, this one certainly reaches the top of my list.
ProsLook, tailored to your organisations needs easier to use simple to use shows what has just been catalogued
ConsI haven't encountered any problems. There isn't anything least i have issues with.

By Bailey Solutions on July 19, 2019
Thank you Maya for your wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoy using Simple Little Library System and prefer it to other systems you have used. We are always ready to hear your suggestions for improvements we can make to the software.