Humble Dot Ratings

Overall

About Humble Dot

Humble Dot is a manager tool that tackles the challenges of managing teams by building team camaraderie, visibility, and stronger relationships with direct-reports through automated lightweight check-ins. Learn more about Humble Dot

Magen S.
Director of Human Resources
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2019

“Ingenious idea for Team communication!!”

ProsI love that our team has a very informal way to communicate throughout the week and keep each other in the loop regarding priorities. This makes it much easier for us to jump in and offer support or ideas to each other that we may not have had the opportunity to without Humble Dot.
ConsThe count of how many you have participated in lol not really a Con, just makes me feel bad about myself when the number decreases!!

By Humble Labs on September 12, 2019
Hi Magen! Thanks for using Humble Dot! We think our product is pretty ingenious, too! We love that your team is utilizing us and finding that it's been helpful while communicating team priorities. We chuckled a little bit about your comment regarding the check-in count. It means, be sure to always fill in your check-ins! We have a healthy competition here at Humble Dot to ensure we keep our check-in streaks alive! If at any point you have questions or more feedback, please let us know by messaging us on our website using Intercom. Thank you!
Morgan S.
September 12, 2019

“HumbleDot helps me have more meaningful 1:1s”

OverallI have better 1:1 meetings with my manager and have a better idea of how I've been feeling and what I've been working on over time. I've been trying to keep a better journal of this sort of thing for years, and thanks to HumbleDot I'm finally doing it.
ProsI look forward to writing my checkin each day. It's really helpful to look back over what happened during the day and then compare with my past checkins. Then, when I have 1:1 meetings with my manager, I have a nice list of specific things that happened since the last time we talked and its easy to have productive conversations.
ConsIf you just log in and aren't in the middle of writing a checkin, it's hard to see previous checkins. Also, my team prefers to keep our checkins private, and so there is a lot of wasted space where I can see where my peer's checkins would show, if they weren't private. I also don't understand the name.

By Humble Labs on September 13, 2019
Hi Morgan! Thanks for using and reviewing Humble Dot! We love that our product is helping make your 1:1s more productive and that it's helping you keep track of your progress! Thanks for the feedback around seeing previous check-ins. Depend on the team, I see your feedback around the blank space answers from your teammates would normally go. Maybe, it could be a suggestion to open up some questions (as appropriate) to be a team check-in? Last, the story of our name, Humble Dot, is best described at the following link: (http://www.planetary.org/explore/space-topics/earth/pale-blue-dot.html). Our name refers to the Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan.
Carolina K.
Implementation Team Leader
September 11, 2019

“Great tool for team integration”

OverallMy overall experience with Humble Dot has been great. Meet my expectations.
ProsHumble dot is great if you are looking for an easy to use tool that will help your team to get together and know each other better.
ConsNow that my team has been using it for a while the random (funny) questions started to repeat itself.

By Humble Labs on September 12, 2019
Hi Carolina! Thank you for taking the time to review Humble Dot and for providing us with feedback! We appreciate it! We are already in the works to expand the questions we offer, especially since you've used us for a while. We are ecstatic that your experience has been great! If you have any further feedback or questions, feel free to message us on our website using Intercom. Thanks again!
Sotaro S.
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees

“Simple for users!”

OverallOur previous manager is currently on paternity leave, so our current manager is covering two teams, making him (understandably) extremely busy. As such, he is usually unable to communicate with us directly, so we effectively have a remote manager experience. Humble Dot has made the transition much easier, since our new manager has a central location to find or documented testimonies! I think our previous manager enjoyed it too, so we're probably going to continue using it after he's back from paternity leave as well. It's useful!
ProsAs an end user, I enjoy the mix of casual questions and job-related questions which allows for team bonding and surfacing concerns at the same time.
ConsThere could be a wider pool of cultural questions (I've seen repeated questions on a few occasions in <6 months), and the team manager needs to be active in reading, responding, and creating/modifying private questions if he or she wants the team to remain engaged with the tool, as team members generally have the option to engage in conversation outside of the platform, using whatever messaging tools that are available to them. In that sense, a badly maintained Humble Dot is a bother for end users.
Carolina G.
CSM
September 17, 2019

“My Weekly Humble Dot ”

OverallI love Humble Dot weekly!
ProsWhat I like the most about Humble Dot are the random questions that bring the team together and make it possible for us to get to know each other better even with physical distance.
ConsI think would be good to have a few multiple options questions and then some charts to understand the team.

By Humble Labs on September 18, 2019
Hi Carolina! Thanks for your positive review of Humble Dot! We love that your team is closer because of the fun and random social questions. Thank you for the feedback--this has been noted for our product team!
September 17, 2019
Eduardo B.
Sales Development Representative
Hospitality, 51-200 employees

“Great teambuilding”

OverallI love the easiness of use and how interactive it was
ProsThis is a great way to connect remote teams and get conversations started. This also helped me and my team hold each other accountable.
ConsSometimes it can be repetitive and offer the same questions and suggestions.
Isabelle W.
Content and Customer Support Team Leader - Customer Success
September 16, 2019

“Get to know your coworkers personally!”

OverallBy asking fun and interactive questions, HumbleDot offers teams the opportunity to get to know each other.
ProsHumbledot is a great and fun way to share information with your teammates. Other than just letting everyone know what are your priorities for the week, it promotes engagement at a personal level!
ConsI can't think of anything specific. The usability is great.

By Humble Labs on September 17, 2019
Hi Isabelle! Thanks for using Humble Dot and taking the time to review us on Capterra! We appreciate the positive feedback!
Kayla M.
Customer Enablement Specialist

“POS Software”

OverallWe are a remote team so by using Humble Dot it makes it easy for us to keep in touch both professionally and personally!
ProsI really enjoy it because of how interactive it is. !
ConsAs far as cons, I have not discovered any! I enjoy it.
Lexus R.
Studio Manager and Coach
September 18, 2019

“LOVE already and it's only been a week and a half ”

OverallSo far so good- Shout out to the rep for all the help and push to get this going for our team.
ProsTruely brings the team together and opens your eyes to things that are going wrong when you did not know or things that could be fixed for better all work environment and functionality. Gives staff a voice which in our situation most employees struggled to be heard. Great source of communication and it's fun as well!
ConsI wouldn't say I dislike anything as of right now but if you guys had an app it would be amazing. I juggle two emails and there's no way I could have notifications turned on so in my experience this last week. I don't get a notification as I would on an app when our check ins are live so not that I dislike it but I wish I could get a reminder to pop up on an app verses my email.

By Humble Labs on October 10, 2019
We love that you're loving Humble Dot! An app is far on our road map, but maybe one day! Your feedback is definitely noted! We're happy to see our product is helping your team and giving voice to employees!
September 18, 2019
Scott W.
Creative Director
Design, 1-10 employees

“Great product ”

OverallWe use this software for our teams weekly goals. It saves us time and super simple to setup and use
ProsLove ease of use. Also you don't need to remember your login details when you come from an email reminder link
ConsHaven't run into an issue yet, we just use the basics on a weekly basis

By Humble Labs on September 12, 2019
Hi Scott! Thanks so much for using Humble Dot and taking the time to review us! We're glad that we're easy to use! If you have any further questions or feedback, feel free to message us on our website at any time using Intercom.
Val S.
Director of Training
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

“Really Useful for ”

ProsUsing this as a team prompts us to take the time to step back from the weeds of our work, set intentions going forward at the beginning of the week, reflect on the big wins, accomplishments, and learnings, and share those in a way that doesn't take a lot of time to share with others. We use the kudis and commenting quite a bit.
ConsNothing. It is a simple tool for a single purpose, and it works!
Hannah V.
Event Marketing Manager
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
September 13, 2019

“Humble Dot is the best!”

OverallHumble Dot has helped bond my team even more
ProsIt's easy to use and simple. The questions are customizable and are different every week. We love being able to use GIFs in our responses
ConsThe 24 hr window to complete questions makes it challenging on busy weeks

By Humble Labs on September 17, 2019
Hi Hannah! Thanks so much for your use of Humble Dot and for leaving us a positive review! We're glad that you're liking Humble Dot and that you love using GIFs in responses!
September 13, 2019
Brian C.
Technical Implementation Lead
October 3, 2019

“A neat way to do team check-ins”

ProsIt is much better than the two weekly status meetings it replaced! The format is fun and the non-work questions generate interesting dialogue.
ConsI wish you could post your own picture. Can't seem to do this. Some more text formatting features would be nice too. Considering it's all about expressing yourself, the formatting palette can seem a little lacking.
Camila Neto S.
September 16, 2019

“Connecting our team in an easy way”

ProsIt's super cool interacting with my colleagues (creates a fun environment) and report individually to my leader the issues and urgent matters to solve.
ConsWould be nice to see the previous comments - sharing with the new team members these past activities.

By Humble Labs on September 17, 2019
Hi Camila! Thanks so much for using and reviewing Humble Dot! We love hearing positive feedback and how it's helping teams. Thank you for the feedback as well!
Sean Y.
lT Manager

“Fairly convenient”

ProsIt's simple and quick to fill out. It alerts you via slack and email.
ConsI could be wrong but no SCIM support for auto provisioning. It would be nice to have email alerts and if you haven't done it send a slack reminder.

By Humble Labs on September 18, 2019
Hi Sean! Thanks for reviewing us and for using Humble Dot! Currently, we only offer Google SSO! If you have specific questions, please feel free to message us on Intercom on our website! Thank you!
Amanda P.
Admin Assistant
October 3, 2019

“Humble Dot - LÜK Network ”

OverallIt keeps communication ongoing. That can be hard especially again since our team is mostly remote.
ProsI love that there are questions and answers the whole company can see, especially with our company where we all work mostly remote. It allows us to still keep up withe everyone else and see where they're at. The hidden questions that only our CEO can see are really cool too since they're usually more robust and it helps him figure out bigger picture ideas for the company.
ConsInstead of seeing "previous" comments for our companies Monday vs Friday goals that it reminded you of what you wrote on Monday. My days are really busy so sometimes it's hard to even remember what my goal this week was vs last.
Ricardo S.
Account Manager
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
September 16, 2019

“Humble Dot, easy / funny and helpful”

ProsFunny and easy to use. Great for home-office teams
ConsToo simple, it could have more features to make things more entertaining

By Humble Labs on September 18, 2019
Hi Ricardo! Thanks for reviewing and using Humble Dot! We appreciate feedback on our product, especially when it means adding features you think would make Humble Dot fun and more entertaining. If you have specific suggestions, feel free to message us on Intercom on our website! Thank you!
Victoria P.
Food Rescuer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“My Work Week Review”

OverallI like using Humble Dot as a team. Since each of us work out in the field we don't see each other very often. Using Humble Dot gives us a place to connect weekly as a team.
ProsIt gives my team and I feed back about each of our work weeks. We can express what's working and what's not working.
ConsI can't think of a con. Overall the software is working good.
Alex B.

“Pretty nice”

ProsIt lets me store information I want to talk with my supervisor about for our one on one meetings so I do not forget as things go along, and the public questions have been good team bonding
ConsThe interface has been sometimes a little difficult to navigate when not jumping into a form from an email
Katlyn M.
COO
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
October 1, 2019

“Humble Dot makes transparency and weekly checkins a breeze”

ProsHumble Dot makes it easy to create transparency throughout the team. We use it for full team check-ins at the beginning and end of the week. The culture questions are engaging and help facilitate vulnerability.
ConsNot always the most intuitive. Seems like the new streak tracking feature is off.
Lais Nami S.
Implementation Success Manager

“Team Integration: Check!”

ProsHumble Dot works as a great way for our team to sync on our weekly activities and create an environment to know a little bit more about each team member
ConsThe dropdown list on the mentions are so below

By Humble Labs on September 18, 2019
Hi Lais Nami! Thanks for using Humble Dot and leaving us a review! Thank you for your feedback and I've noted this down for our product team!
Aaron S.
Engineer
October 3, 2019

“Humble Dot, Fast and Fun”

Pros* Easy to setup, and easy to use. * The workflow is simple, you get an email, and you fill out some team questions! * It almost feels like a ritual of our company, it's fun to go on an see everyone's custom public answers. * We as a team love to laugh or give kudos to the best posts. * We use it as a 1 on 1 check-in as well, to preload some questions before our meetings, and it's perfect for that use case! It takes a few minutes, and we're done.
Cons* I suppose the only thing I can think of is an indication of what the sparkles around someone's icon means. It means a streak! But that was super apparent right away.
Xiang Y.
software engineer
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
October 3, 2019

“Need better views for teammates”

Prosprovide weekly updates to the team align with agile
Consneed better views of team hard to track things longer than a week
Brent K.
Junior Full-Stack Engineer

“Great for remote teams”

OverallIt's been fun and helped me get to know my teammates better.
ProsThis software helps us collaborate better as a fully remote team.
ConsI'm not sure. It's hard to say is the lack of diverse questions is our admins or the software

By Humble Labs on September 17, 2019
Hi Brent! Thanks so much for your review and use of Humble Dot! We're glad we're helpful to your fully remote team. In terms of the diversity of questions, we are adding more question into the software overall that managers can shuffle through, If there are specific questions that your admins/managers have set up, those may be set questions that they want to be answered each check-in. If you have more questions, respond to this review or go ahead and reach our team on Intercome located on our website. Last, we are glad that Humble Dot has been fun!
Junius M.
Quality Manager
Automotive, 501-1000 employees

“Humble Dot Review”

OverallThe benefits is to get to know your co-workers that you do not get a chance to work with on a daily basis. It's fun.
ProsGetting to know other's better by using this software
ConsI would like to add pictures or GIF's If you can I don't know how.

By Humble Labs on September 12, 2019
Hi Junius! Thanks so much for using Humble Dot and reviewing us! I noticed you may not have been able to add photos or GIFs. When you are filling out your check-ins, there should be some symbols on the bottom right-hand corner in your text box. You should be able to click the smiley face to add emojis, the GIF button to search up and add gifs, and the paperclip to add files or photos. We hope this will allow you to express yourself in different ways! If you have any questions, please let our team know by messaging us on our website. Thanks!
Carla H.
Dietitian
Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

“Great software! ”

OverallOur team loved it- allows us to get to know each other on a personal basis but also is a great way of knowing what everyone is working on and in charge of.
ProsAllows our team to stay connected and track progress from week to week.
ConsIt would sometimes repeat questions. Would be nice to have a variety.
Nicole S.
Customer Support Analyst
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees
September 16, 2019

“Awesome to connect with coworkers”

OverallIt has been great and it is a part of the week that I look forward to.
ProsEvery week I write a little bit more about myself and get to know more about my colleagues. These little things make us bond and connect in ways we wouldn't normally do.
ConsIt's a bit hard to log in and end up and that specific week, other than that, no complains.

By Humble Labs on September 18, 2019
Hi Nicole! Thanks for using Humble Dot and for leaving is a review! I'm glad that our product is helping you and your team bond! If you can elaborate more on what is making it difficult to log in, let us know by messaging us directly on our website using the Intercom button on the bottom right-hand side. We'd love more feedback! Thank you!
André R.
Enterprise Partnerships
September 12, 2019

“Easy way to keep up with my team's daily basis”

OverallIt's been great so far! The team loved the experience and we are seeing very good outcomes from using a platform to describe our weekly challenges and accomplishments with each other.
ProsThe possibility to centralize and digitalize all team's thoughts on a single platform. HumbleDot allows us to collaborate on an easy and intuitive platform.
ConsOn the very beginning was a little bit hard to ensure that the whole team was engaged. But, since that became a habit, everything started working properly!

By Humble Labs on September 17, 2019
Hi Andre! Thanks for using and reviewing Humble Dot! We appreciate the positive feedback and we love that you and your team are seeing the value!
Enrico J.
October 1, 2019

“Best way to automate team questions”

ProsThe ease of use and slack integration to be able to get an automated question sent to me daily and respond with my answer.
ConsNo cons at the moment. I haven't come across any issues since first use
Sergio M.
Head of Pancreas research
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

“Great Humble dot ”

Overalli think it is very easy to use and quick to get answers
Prosit really helps to facilitate communication among members
Conshonestly , i don't consider nothing wrong with the software
Archana S.
Site reliability engineer
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees

“Review capterra ”

ProsI like that it is able to track status from more than a week
ConsThere is nothing that I don't like about the software. I wish it could track jira tickets .
Omar A.
Principal Consultant
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

“Developer Comments”

OverallGood enough in the communication with my boss (1 to 1).
ProsThat is easy to use & accomplish it's functionality.
ConsThat is not really interactive with teams, at least the configuration I use.

By Humble Labs on September 17, 2019
Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback. We aimed to create a simple interface and included features like GIFs to allow for some interaction and expression. We're glad that you're able to utilize this with communication with your supervisor! If you have specifics regarding feedback for interaction on your team, please message us on Intercom on our website so we can learn more about your configuration and provide some suggestions. Thank you!
Jung Won S.
Software Developer
Sports, 11-50 employees
October 1, 2019

“Simple yet it's a must for any team”

ProsI love Humble Dot's fun questions and reading my peers' answers.
ConsOne thing I'd mention is that the questions are sometimes repeated
Jeralyn A.
Sales Associate
September 19, 2019

“Product Review”

OverallI think it helps management get a better idea with where everyone is at. Since it's not a "in person" feedback kind of deal, employees are able to be more transparent and explain themselves better than if it was in person.
ProsI like the fact that there are ice breakers before getting into more serious questions. It's a great way to check in with staff especially if you do not see each other. It's also a great way to get to know your peers.
ConsNo cons, I would actually like to be asked more random questions.

By Humble Labs on October 10, 2019
We are very happy that our product is helping your team! Thank you for leaving us a review!!
September 19, 2019
Daniela S.
Computer Software, 201-500 employees

“Easy to use”

ProsMy team uses once a week for the week planning, and it's pretty good, pretty easy for end-users I have no idea how it is for the admins
ConsI don't think I use enough to say that I don't like My team uses once a week for the week planning, and it's pretty good

By Humble Labs on September 18, 2019
Hi Daniela! Thanks for leaving us a review and for using Humble Dot! We're glad that the product is helping you and your team plan your week and we hope our product design has the end-user in mind. Thank you again!
Rachel C.
Business Development Representative

“Love Humble Dot!!”

Overall10/10 would recommend. Probably super awesome for teams who work remotely.
ProsHumble Dot encourages teams to collaborate and provides teams with a safe space to provide feedback. It has given my management team guidance on how to make us happier at work. It really has opened up a lot of doors for management to improve processes and makes us feel heard.
Cons Honestly... nothing. You have nothing to lose for trying this.
Paula P.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Humble dot”

ProsWhat I like the most is how easy and time saving this is. I don't need to go to endless meetings but still I don't miss the important topics that are discussed there.
ConsI really like it, it could be a cheaper
Alex L.
Operations Manager
October 3, 2019

“A helpful way to offer two way communication between teams”

ProsI love how we can align on needs cross-functionally in a way that is easy and accessible for everyone. We also learn a bit about each other in the process!
ConsMaybe this is something I'm missing, but I don't always have input into what questions are being asked weekly, only my manager does. It'd be cool if I could offer things out to the team to answer as well
Guranjan S.
October 1, 2019

“It does what it's supposed to”

ProsIt's very easy to use and it does what it's supposed to. It makes it easy for teams to communicate with each other in way to update what each person is working on.
ConsI think it's mainly the fact that it can be over used. In our case it was a replacement for 1:1. Also it seems unidirectional and might seem my responses went into the void.
Caleb K.
Customer Success Associate
October 1, 2019

“Great for staying in touch!”

ProsThis software helps keep our remote team together and fuels communication between each other. We tend to have a lot of fun with the questions and it works as a great way to have some "watercooler chats"
ConsI think sometimes we can get a little stale with our questions and I think it could just use a wider range of options or suggestions.
Sports, 11-50 employees
October 1, 2019

“Keeps me connected on a more personal level with coworkers”

ProsI love the option to send many different types of questions. It allows for me to get to know my coworkers on a more personal level at the same time as checking in with each other on work related tasks.
ConsI don't like the inability of users to have an input in what questions they want to see being asked each week.
Nicole C.
Implementation Success Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 16, 2019

“A Complete Team Experience”

ProsIt's a good way to organize my week and also to get to know my teammates.
ConsI wish we could have a better visualization of the answers, the current dashboard can be too long if the team is big.

By Humble Labs on September 18, 2019
Hi Nicole! Your feedback is noted for our product team! Thank you for using Humble Dot and for leaving us a review!
Natasha A.
Customer Experience Agent
Retail, 11-50 employees
October 3, 2019

“Humble Dot Bridges The Gaps”

OverallIt is very simple to use and helps you get to know your team mates a lot better, this is important in remote work.
ProsI like that you can add gifs as a way of expression, it's pretty fun!
ConsNot being able to add pictures or files to the questions we answer.
Delia M.
Senior Account Executive
Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2019

“Humble dot is a great way to connect teams ”

OverallThe main problem is getting our team all on the same page in order for us to effectively communicate.
ProsIt's ease of use. Our team could quickly communicate using this platform.
ConsThe notifications were bothersome sometimes but I think that was more due to how our administration set it up.

By Humble Labs on October 10, 2019
Delia, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad that our product is helping your team get on the same page. Your feedback is noted for our product team.
September 25, 2019
Phil H.
Data Scientist
Consumer Services, 1001-5000 employees

“HD review”

OverallReally positive experience and would try again
ProsAddresses a real pain point in effective teamwork Simple UI
ConsExit of normal workflow Not comprehensive enough - a lot of processes outside of this at work
Luiz Guilherme C.
ISM

“HUmbleDot”

ProsIs very cool to know weekly about my team
ConsThe viewing of the answers is not the best

By Humble Labs on September 18, 2019
Hi Luiz Guilherme! Thank you for using Humble Dot and for leaving a positive review! I've provided our product team the feedback you provided.
September 16, 2019

“A good way to update your team ”

ProsThe random questions to break the ice are always a very nice way to get to know my team. Every now and then we learn a new interesting fact about workmates. It's also a good way to get updates from projects or send a specific message to our manager.
ConsThe layout of the information after it's sent could be improved.

By Humble Labs on September 17, 2019
Hello! Thanks for your review of Humble Dot! It looks like you're seeing the value of the product! Thanks for your feedback on the layout of responses.
Juan M.
Engineering Test Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

“Engineering Manager”

ProsI liked how you can check in without meetings.
ConsIt could be more in depth for teams, specific to any team.
LANCE M.
dev
Computer Software, 1-10 employees

“Sharing your opinion”

ProsIt makes sharing my opinion is a short and easy format.
ConsThis isn't particularly against the software itself but the user (questioner) of the software. The questions that can be asked difficult to answer so more care must be taken.