Tempo Timesheets Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.2/5
4.2/5

About Tempo Timesheets

Tempo Timesheets is the leading time tracking app in Jira, serving teams at over 13,000 companies in over 100 countries. With Tempo, you can build granular reports in seconds and drill down on data to get the detailed information you need. Managers can review and approve their team's timesheets, as well as analyze high-level information on work performed across your business to make better business decisions. Convert Google Calendar events to worklogs for added value and productivity. Learn more about Tempo Timesheets
  • "User interface is good, administration is easy."
  • "Granted there are ways to improve, i believe it will only get better and better as time goes on."
  • "Incredibly good, I've been through other timesheeting software and I like the flexibility to create my tasks."
  • "The usability, the fact that you always stay up to date and improve your product, everything."
  • "Poor communications about API. API was accicentally broken and we rewrote all our intergrations in rush."
  • "Not sure whether this is a jira problem or a tempo problem but it is not an easy workflow. Recording time is often a cumbersome task."
  • "If there's a mistake in my timesheet I have to ask to another admin. Unless there's a permission I missed."
  • "The bad performance when you try extract info from a team of 20 people, or when your try to see worklog from the last 8 quarters."

Pros

• "User interface is good, administration is easy."

Cons

Carlos David M.
Senior Software Engineer
October 23, 2019

“Tempo Timesheets helps you planning and auditing your project duration”

OverallI've been using Tempo for over 4 years o maybe more. I actually used since I purchased the JIRA Cloud subscription because it is a nice add on.
ProsMainly I used integrated with JIRA to measure how much time does it take for the developers to complete the user stories. I also use Timesheet to get the monthly report and from there I manage the billing hours for the developers of our company.
ConsWhen you download the report in CSV format, there are some fields that are quite confusing. For example, the logged duration of a task is presented as decimal value insted of using a time format.
Josh K.
Senior Analyst, IT Innovation & PMO
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
October 18, 2019

“Project Management Time Tracking Made Simple”

OverallOverall Tempo has been great. it has simplified the time tracking and time reporting process(es) and made things much easier on management. the implementation and training part of the roll out was simple. the fact that there are more than just a few ways to log time in Tempo is one of the many things that make it great and easy to use. Granted there are ways to improve, i believe it will only get better and better as time goes on.
ProsWhat i like most about this software is the ease of use for the over 200 users we have that need to log their hours for work done on projects across our organization. The way we have set things up makes it super simple for users to find the project they worked on, mark certain tasks as favorites so taht they dont have to dig every time they need to log their time, and the reporting features that are available out of the box are great.
ConsWhat i like least about the software is the fact that we are not able to manipulate the reports to add custom data without further custom development (e.g. an add-on). what i mean by this? because Tempo Timesheets integrates directly with JIRA Cloud, JIRA has a feature where you can add custom user properties for each user in your organization, however Tempo does not allow the administrator to add those custom user properties to any of the reporting features within Tempo without custom development.
Bruce M.
IT Consultant

“Tempo Timesheets Rocks!”

OverallWe switched to Jira/Tempo several years ago (from FogBugz) because we needed a development tracking tool with a good time tracking system. We picked Jira Software Cloud first and then selected Tempo Timesheets for time tracking. No regrets with Tempo. Jira has been (and still is) an adventure at times, but Tempo Timesheets has been a solid performer from the start. And it has received significant improvements over time. It's a great choice for my company.
ProsEasy to use. Integrates well with Jira Software Cloud. Reasonably priced.
ConsNot big , but due to Jira changes, it now takes an extra click to get to Tempo time entry in a Jira ticket.
Julia T.
Head of Administration and HR
November 8, 2019

“Updates without considering the users needs”

OverallHonestly, at this point I work with it because I have no other choice. But I am strongly pushing for us to get a different solution. I was fine until the timesheets were taken away and was hoping for improvements through added features
ProsWhen I started to work at Kreios 3 years ago, we were already working with Jira/using Tempo Timesheets. We are constantly optimizing our processes and for HR as well as for invoicing I was able to implement standard processes
ConsThe recent update I like least because you just simply removed the "timesheets" feature and replaced it with "my work" which isn't anything but the reports filtered down to a person. So it wasn't a feature added but a major feature taken away. We had to instruct people on what they had to do different, we had to adapt our own accounting software that imports timesheets automattically, time tracking during weeks or months has become harder. I was honestly very upset about that. Another thing I don't like is that export feature isn't flexible enough. Also lines are cut off when there at the end of a page, no matter how you try to do it, if the export is too long. So they're not reliable (Monthly export for payroll)
November 8, 2019
Shaffick J.
Internet, 201-500 employees
October 29, 2019

“Best timesheets tracker ever”

OverallWe could not find any systems that are easy to use and could support billable and non-billable type of time entries. Tempo delivered big time and the ease of which you can add time entries, swap them out with other tickets or edit other user's timesheets and update them is simply AMAZING.
Pros- VERY easy way to add time to your Jira service desk tickets - Very easily set up via the admin panel - Integrates with groups and roles - BEST time plugin I have ever used (across multiple systems) - Price point is GREAT (We use a hosted server setup) - Editing staff timesheets is a breeze...I have never used a system that os so easy to use.
Cons- The budget period is only per month. There is no option to set other time periods, ie qaurterly, yearly etc. (this is a very big one) - Have to set up organizations again. It should integrate with the "Customer" list in jira service desk. (Very minor) - Does not have an option for rounding time to the nearest quarter of an hour (very minor) - Does not provide budget alerts (this is a very big one) - The settings screen can use some love and explanation
Kaiser A.
VP - Product Management
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Aged well”

OverallOur Professional Services thrives on this. When you are looking for the over/under on your portfolio of projects, and need the insights as to when you are approaching capacity, Tempo Timesheets becomes critical for our organization.
ProsEase of use and reporting functionality are key drivers for project accounting. Tempo Timesheets is easy enough to use for the daily user, but still sophisticated enough to use for executive views.
ConsNothing that hasn't been addressed in recent releases.
Matej G.
Senior full-stack
October 21, 2019

“This enables blind micromanagement”

OverallIt is good, maybe a litle heavy weight UI.
ProsA nice step towards a time-tracking software. I think that today (2019), developers track time, they track it only for purposes of customer invoicing.
ConsEnables micromanagement. It takes about 15minutes to look for each issue I worked on that day, or multiple mental task-switches during the day. Don't get me wrong... this tool is required in some situations, as mentioned above. I am leaving my company for exactly this reason: I do not want to do mental task-switches... While logging after each task, small tasks become lengthier and I can get as many done in a row, because it is more difficult to move my focus between execution and retrospective reflection. That is why I try to log my time only in the evening, or the next morning. Read about it... it is a horrible thing, what a task switch does to your focus in the long-term.
Orazio P.
AVP Boss Engineers
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
October 26, 2019

“My Tempo Life!”

OverallThis allows us to manage the time of our employees and consultants worldwide and is important to be able to use this data to see where we need help and where we have too much help... I am overall a happy 7 year customer! However we expect Tempo to keep being at the forefront of this technology.
ProsThe software is good and simple and very effective, though the server version is different from the cloud version. Simple for end users to understand Good reporting Most times very fast Cost efficient Good customer service Great technical support Data is encrypted
ConsNot allowing users to submit time cards after three weeks It allowing time Magner's to be able to approve or reject time cards when viewing a time card after three weeks server version allows this At Times it's slow and the page shows tempos homepage yet it's hosted in the cloud we refresh and it works At times it takes a while to resolve issues but you always do resolve them
October 26, 2019
Diana K.

“It's getting better”

OverallIt's pretty easy to plan the workload and track the team burnout pace.
ProsOverall, I'd say it covers the needs. The progress Tempo development team made in past year is pretty impressive. Trackers became way easier to use. The reports are great, easy to customize.
ConsThat I can't buy the license only for the users I need tracker for. I have a bunch of people in Jira that don't need the tracker, but I'm paying for them anyway. It's a bit of a downside.
Gonzalo G.
October 21, 2019

“Time reporting made easy!”

OverallTempo timesheets make very easy, with little work from project managers, to generate the billing reporting to our customers organizing cost by accounts
Pros- Very easy tool to use for end user - The capability for reporting - Installation out of the box. No extra knowledge for any Atlassian Administrator - The organization of teams and acounts - The customization: type of accounts, new attributes, etc... - The feature for planning
ConsThe reminders policy could be improved Multiple timesheet reviewers will be very useful Non billing time like holidays or leaves it's not completely covered. Should be resolved in other way than using Internal Issues
Patricio P.
October 18, 2019

“Billing and tracking time with one simple tool”

OverallWe've used different time tracking software in the past, but as soon we migrated to Jira, Tempo Timesheet helped us achieve many things. Mainly: - users DO log their time! - it took very few documentation and "training" for the whole team to be on board - Our customers appreciate the level of detail we can get from reports. No need to export Jira issues to give them detail - We can easily track "hours budgets" for our customer using the API! That way, we are able to generate new revenu with our customers.
ProsIt takes no time to configure and no time to bring the team to use it. There's also so many ways to add work logs that there's no reason to lose track of time worked on Jira. Users do not need to go to a different page or app to use it. It shows up in Jira issues, as trackers directly in Chrome and there's many Jira dashboard gadget available to keep track of our teams. Reporting is extremely easy. Not only is it easy to generate reports using different filters and groups but the exporting options work very well and we use them with every invoices we create The support team is also very good! They stay in touch and do everything they can to help.
ConsThere is not much that I don't like. As any customer I do have very specific wish list for potential features and some are not available. But in the end, Timesheets does what it is suppose to do.
David C.
VP
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
November 2, 2019

“Very good - would recommend”

OverallOverall very good. Support has provided quick turnaround on any questions. Bug fixes and improvements continue at a good pace, and the improvements are quality ones.
ProsFor issue-oriented end-users (e.g. developers), it's a great tool. * Easy to use * Seamlessly integration with Jira * Easy administration
ConsFor account oriented end-users, there's an impedance mismatch. These users just want to log time against an account. Logging time against an issue and then assigning it to an account never feels right to them, and it's their biggest complaint. Tempo's solution is Internal Issues, but that doesn't resolve this usability issue for these users. Does not support labor categories well - especially when a user performs different roles with different labor categories in a project. It can be partially worked around with work attributes. Reporting works great for what's built-in but still needs improvement. E.g. reports of hours by combinations of project, account, user, role, work-attributes are needed. Dumping into Excel is the workaround here.
November 2, 2019
Blagomir Y.
PM

“I like Tempo!”

OverallWe use Tempo to collect the worklogs of our dev team which are then used to bill our clients. Also, we use Tempo reports to compare the initial estimation of a ticket to the time that is actually logged.
ProsI love that timelogs get connected to particular jira issues which is very useful when analyzing them and comparing the logs to the initial estimation. This is something that cannot be done with Toggl and it's the biggest reason we don't use Toggl.
ConsThe old Reports page from Jira server was quicker to use. There were fewer steps that you need to do to see the timesheets and you can very quickly switch between different projects or from a project report to user report. Saying that the newer timesheets page in Jira Cloud is much more powerful.
Cynthia A.
Head of IT
Publishing, 51-200 employees

“Great For Developers”

OverallWe're solving the issue of tracking time for developers that don't clock in and out with a time clock. We want to know that they're keeping busy and this let's us see what they've been working on down to the individual ticket.
ProsAs both a user and administrator, I like Tempo Timesheets because it was easily integrated into the workflow of our software development team. I get a great visual overview of who is using it (and who is slacking off) by just glancing at the dashboard. I also love that I can log time right within the tickets. This is a very simple to use product and that's just what my team needs!
ConsThe permission structure took some time to get figured out. It was fairly convoluted for me to see my own team's time even as the administrator. I figured it out but it took a good deal of reading and experimentation.
Rinke B.
Information Services, 51-200 employees
October 19, 2019

“Review from an experienced power user”

OverallAs said Tempo Timesheets is a big contributor to our overal eco system in our company. We integrated it completely in our in-house developed ERP/Finance system. We link it with BI tooling to make the best decisions on our data.
ProsTempo Timesheets is the backbone of our company. We use it daily as we need the timesheets to registrate our worklogs and get paid. I like the new reporting style, the API options and the dynamic use of the software.
ConsWe can't configure a safe way for our customers to use Jira without them accessing the worklogs. As this is a big deal for us that our customers are not allowed to see the worklog before we check/manage them this is a big miss for us.
Alexandre L.
Director, Software Engineering
Entertainment, 51-200 employees
November 7, 2019

“Tempo Timesheets for Jira Server”

OverallVery positive! Everyone enjoys it and I don't receive any negative feedbacks about it.
ProsThe interface is very user friendly, it allows all team members to quickly fill out their timesheets. That was our #1 requirement when we switched to Tempo Timesheets. Our previous solution made this tedious and team members would be reluctant to properly enter their time. In addition, the options at our disposal (different teams, reports, admin) allows us management to easily bubble up all required info.
ConsEven though we consider it is worth it, it is the most expensive timesheet plugin in the Atlassian Marketplace. Also, there is a bug that annoys me personally: when logging work and navigating quickly through the fields (jumping to the "time" part with TAB), any value entered too quickly would be wiped by a refresh that happens in the background. I'm to blame as well for that because I did not report it yet. :)
November 7, 2019
Chidozie B.
Internet, Self-employed

“Tempo works for me.”

ProsI like that it is easy to add time from JIRA and I don't need to go to a separate application.
ConsI wish there was an easier way to get the information from Tempo to accounting software (i.e. Quickbooks Online) currently I have to copy the information over line by line when invoicing.
Jonas E.
Productivity Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
October 21, 2019

“Great tool in an agile world”

OverallWe've merged two different companies in the last year, with different (and complex) time reporting solutions. Our biggest problems is the company structure we have. It doesn't fully align with Jira's thought of how a project is defined, where in Jira a project is tracking the life cycle of a product and in ERP a project is what a project manger traditionally would define as a project. Tempo as a tool on it's own is really easy and intuitive to both administer and use. For a simpler (more modern) company structure it would have been a much easier implementation.
ProsThe ease of use for end users, it's very easy to on board new users to have their time reported.
ConsOur management would like to have a bit more configuration when it comes to the reports, especially utilization to not only take logged time into account, but also include expected time. Lacking approval on account basis rather than just full timesheet.
Lillian S.
PM
Program Development, 501-1000 employees

“Great timesheet application”

OverallEven with the cons above still helps in one-stop-shopping with JIRA on all the information I need and the ability to export all fields to do reporting is very helpful with reports to clients and internal stakeholders.
ProsThe different ways to be able to enter time - especially the daily view with the time. Good integration with JIRA and Ease in customizing and editing.
ConsNot being able to report fully on how I want (e.g., export into Excel indicating time by week periods); GUI issue where you have to scroll to the bottom to navigate - logged bug). Still not sure how to work the teams and calculation of remaining time vs estimation and ability to add a field to show % complete. Would be good to be able to select which fields to export to excel and save that - would save me a lot of time.
Jakub P.
October 29, 2019

“Coming up with a name is always the hardest task, don't force me to come up with a name FOR A REVIEW”

ProsEase of use - everything is found where you'd expect it and it "just works" Customizable reports, mainly really intuitive grouping and filtering Fresh look
ConsInability to disallow logging to selected issues
Joel P.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
October 25, 2019

“Defacto standard for timesheets”

OverallI needed to track different methods of time tracking. Hourly billable work, project hours, and blocks of hours. When evaluating other products, the fullness of the integration and simplicity of implementing new features and reporting was important. The interface front and back is polished. In my opinion, Tempo is and should be the defacto time tracking tool. If you're doing any sort of billable work with Atlassian, it almost doesn't make sense to not have Tempo.
ProsOut of the box it is simple to use. Simple to start, but has a lot of powerful features that can be added as my organization's needs have grown.
ConsIf there were a simple way to link Jira Service Desk Organizations 1-to-1 with a Tempo Account, it would be even better.
October 25, 2019
Chris K.
Ops Director
October 29, 2019

“Looks good and adds ease of use to worklogs. Needs more functionality to stop me looking elsewhere”

OverallAdds ease of use to worklogs in Jira but nothing more. Worklog management not improved with it and not sure if it is worth the licence fee. Looking at alternatives to help with invoicing
ProsAdds better visibility to work logs. Allows additional data (attributes) to be stored on worklogs. Better reports
ConsBulk processes: Only adds (for periods). No bulk update/deletes/moves.
Brian S.
October 22, 2019

“Tempo = Awesome”

OverallI'm extremely happy with Tempo Timesheets. Processing time charges before Tempo was extremely time consuming and painful.
ProsI like that tempo makes time tracking, and reporting, within Jira extremely, extremely easy.
ConsI don't like the additional monthly cost - Atlassian should acquire Tempo and offer it inside Jira!
October 22, 2019
Adam H.
Managing Partner
October 18, 2019

“Good product and easy to use, a couple small changes would make it great”

OverallOverall we were able to go live and start using the timesheets without too much of a problem. We like it because it is fast and love the ability to download our raw data for reporting.
ProsThe software is pretty intuitive and both fast and easy to get time entered into along with a good ability to download data for different integrations we have from the API.
ConsSome of the documentation is hard to use and find for the current version of the software. It seems like there is a lot of old or outdated information available. When searching for issues to enter time against using the issue lookup box the search is fast but terrible. It seems really inconsistent why you get the result you do.
Ronny T.
Ceo

“Tempo Review”

OverallSince we have tempo, we have more accurate booking, and E can quickly correct bookings with customers of necessary. With accounts, we simplify the booking to billing.
ProsTempo had a number of views to allow you to enter time easily. It integrates nicely with Jira. It does not try to be original, but it is useful. The integration with Google calendar is top. Reports and accounts help us to get an accounting overview.
ConsThe dictionary to search tickets to book on is not good. The base search in Korea is much better. Also, tempo always required filters to select, while not using the existing projects as a filter... Yes I can make a filter for that, but I have other things to do .. :-)
Wes H.
October 28, 2019

“Layouts for the Payouts”

OverallOur employees are required to enter their time daily. Timesheets greatly simplified this process by giving them a weekly view with which to enter multiple tasks much easier.
ProsWeekly views made entering times against projects a breeze.
ConsWould be nice to duplicate entries across several days.
Carmen D.
Information Services, 11-50 employees

“Tempo timesheets”

OverallGood accountability of hours logs for financials purpouse and project management
ProsThe ease to extract various reports, user friendly for logging hours, easy use to edit logs if necessary, access priviledge
ConsThe posibiliti to extract reports filtered by multiple teams
Indika k.

“Tempo is good”

OverallWe had a issue of developers time tracking in proper way which should align with Jira. Tempo was a good selection to us.
ProsTempo is very easy to use compare to other tool. Its seamless integration with Jira, make our life easier for the project managment.
ConsTempo cost if bit higher compare to other altnatives.

By Tempo on January 13, 2020
Hello Indika, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We work hard to make Tempo Timesheets easy to use and we appreciate your positive feedback! Best, Sarah from Tempo
David G.
Delivery Manager
Information Services, 51-200 employees

“Great Product ”

OverallWe are an IT Services company & Tempo Timesheets is the backbone of our time recording & Client Billing - the team finds it easy to use
ProsEasy to Use - requires minimal training Allows recording of Worked & Billed hours
ConsSearching for Issues could be better Handling of Billed hours could be better Rates just aren't useable in our use case
Laura N.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Tempo Timesheets”

OverallTempo Timesheets has given us a much needed overall view into our Company and helped us track where we are spending our time.
ProsThe ability to have a more detailed view point of where our time is being spent.
ConsWe do have some pain points when it comes to tracking contracts and when client goes over their paid hours.
Danielle C.
Head of Operations

“Good, but not great”

OverallOverall Tempo is a useful tool for time tracking against projects, but for the money can definitely be improved.
ProsI like that this software integrates seamlessly with Jira Core, Software, and Service Desk.
ConsI don't like the limitations on the reporting function and that I can not select which fields are exported in a spreadsheet.
Daniel S.
PMO
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

“Tempo Timesheets review”

OverallWe use Tempo Timesheets to show how many hours we work in each issue.
ProsIt's easy to work with the Tempo for both timekeeping and information extration.
ConsNot being able to automatically email users in case of missing timekeeping.
Christopher B.
Director Development
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“What's next?”

OverallContinue improving the product. We're using it and I'd like to push it out to others in our company.
ProsI've used up to a dozen time tracking products, and the easy of use on this is the best. It creates less pain for a painful process of time tracking.
ConsSome parts behave as unexpected. Removing people from teams/jira messed up their reports. Deleting Jira issues also deletes the time (This one is key - it'd be awesome if I don't have to worry about this)
Julian D.
October 18, 2019

“tempo makes tracking easy”

Overalltempo suits pretty much the needs of our company to track time
Prosi like the timetable feature as well as the integration into jira fits our needs
Conssome features are lacking a smooth user experience. reports could be done better
Heidi H.

“Solid timesheets”

OverallWe're able to invoice from Timesheets directly with high level of accuracy.
ProsStable and flexible with ability to control and customize experience for employees.
ConsCustomer support can be slow, but they ultimately provide assistance.
Jeffrey V.
Aviation & Aerospace, 1-10 employees
November 4, 2019

“Great Detail adn customization”

OverallTempo Timesheets are used to do all of our time tracking against JIRA issues. This allows us to report our hours monthly for customer invoices, and allows us to track the accuracy of our estimates vs the actual work. The reporting and filtering capabilities are excellent, and the ability to pull up reports on a yearly basis, then download that data is indispensable for us.
ProsVery easy to setup and use, then customize for our needs
ConsVery few cons and they are all nit-picks like I wish they would change the format of the data download file names for easier sorting - things of that nature. From a functionality, capabilities, etc I have no real issues with the software.
Al T.
Lead Developer
October 23, 2019

“Great timesheet integration with Atlassian Stack”

OverallTempo Timesheets allows us to manage both our project progress monitoring and billing in one integrated package. As a developer, being able to enter my time for work without leaving my IDE is fantastic and makes it easy to ensure that real work done converts to jobs being billed.
Pros* The integration with the Atlassian stack * The reporting * The ease of logging time (via web or even git comments!)
Cons* It's a reasonable amount of work to set up a new customer * There's no API link into Xero Accounting
Melinda T.
Manager, Client Services & Operations
November 1, 2019

“Tempo Saves Hours on Reporting!”

OverallI used to spend hours and days compiling ticket hours and tracking down related sub-tasks at the end of a project. It was torture. Jira reports alone never could do what I needed, Tempo was the answer I was looking for. Now it is simple to find hours related to an issue based on the project, epic, specific developer or the entire team. Tempo is both functional and flexible. The unanticipated positive effects of this have been better analysis of projects based on the information from our reports. I thought I'd be happy just having the numbers. I'm finding out it's given us much more insight into the process timeline and choke points. We give better estimates... and that saves time and money. I have been able to identify and alleviate pain points that have made us a better team and deliver a superior product with every iteration. It has really helped to have a great reporting tool. In my opinion, it's the best investment we've made into our project tracking technology suite of tools. I can't imagine using Jira without Tempo - and I hope I never have to!
ProsCreating re-usable reports is quick and easy! With the click of a button I can get an instant project status update of our team's hours once I have set up a report.
ConsIn the beginning I couldn't seem to get all my tasks into the same report. I think over time that challenge has made me better at using our Jira software so that I am able to create reports more efficiently as I include better information in my original tickets.
Bryan T.
Application Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees

“Tempo Timesheets”

ProsTempo Timesheets is a great app for time tracking when using Jira. Its ease of integration with Jira is very easy and intuitive to use. Being able to have specific teams with a supervisor for quicker and easier timesheet approvals is key. Along with having the ability to add accounts along with custom worklog attribute fields to help label the work being logged!
ConsThe reporting in Tempo is not bad but it could be better. Unfortunately, all Tempo data can not be pulled to give you a full picture of what your company is logging total work towards with Jira information. Tempo is making efforts in approving this.
Adam H.
October 29, 2019

“Essential add on to Jira”

OverallWe have integrated Tempo Timesheets across our company and it is being used by the developers as a means to track time and for managers to output really helpful data and business intelligence.
ProsTempo brings the most comprehensive and impressive timesheet management to Jira - we have found this to be the best timesheet management add on with an excellent array of features and a decent mobile app.
ConsPutting all the Tempo products together gets very expensive but we've generally found them to be good value for money.

By Tempo on January 13, 2020
Hello Adam, Thank you for giving your feedback - we're very pleased to hear you're happy with Tempo Timesheets! Best regards, Sarah from Tempo
Andrey R.
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
October 24, 2019

“Why Tempo can't work with Asana?”

OverallWe try to use another time-tracking software but tech team sad - Only Tempo, it very easy to use
ProsEasy and functionality Integration with GCal
ConsYou can only use with Jira but we changing project traker to Asana must to change timesheet software
Atakan U.
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees

“Upgrade notes”

OverallA month ago we upgraded Jira instance from 7.x to 8.3, and this was also a major upgrade for Tempo too. Although there are nice features in general, we saw that some features are missing. the worst thing is that, program managers (who are approver but not member of their teams) have to enter teams, and find people to approve one by one. This is a nightmare for managers who manage more than 10 teams. We need a dashboard or a menü item to list "ALL approvals sent to me"
ProsTightly integrated with Jira projects and issues, we can use with shortcuts
ConsYou can get a shock when you make a minor upgrade, so that there may be a major change in this minör version
Yossi H.
VP Product
October 24, 2019

“Tempo may be helping me...”

OverallI like the reports. These are very easy for me and for team leads to track the team's efforts by task and individual. However, the usage of tempo is misleading. The effort estimate used by Tempo is not basic to Jira which means it doesn't play well with others (e.g. Capacity Tracker). Therefore, my experience is somewhat negative. Should I be able to find a good reporting tool to the effort in Jira, I will probably stop using Tempo.
ProsThe reporting mostly. Time tracking is available in Jira so other than reports, I don't see much value
ConsI'm using Capacity tracker to plan my sprints and Tempo for tracking the team's efforts. These two tools don't work well together. Moving to Tempo Planner would increase my costs by a lot.
Stefanie K.
Researcher
Research, 1-10 employees
October 23, 2019

“Tempo Timesheet - great to have!”

OverallBenefits are now that we can keep our time spend on specific projects which helps to estimate if we overspend or underspent on a project. It is great that it interacts with Tempo Planner so that we can now also compared the planned hours to the worked hours. It helps is to keep track of time that needs to be worked on a project.
ProsThat it interacts with Jira, that it is easy to use and that it provides all sorts of reports (user, project issue etc.).
ConsThe calendar view is extremely confusing and I also don't think that the way it interacts with Tempo Planner works very well. So all of us keep ignoring the calendar view.
ABi R.
Applications Administrator
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees
October 18, 2019

“Could use more features.”

ProsIt is easy to implement, update, and create new teams.
ConsWhen you select a leave date for a team member, they still see the old team lead as an option for submitting their timesheet to. It is useful to track how employees move in the company, but this can be an inconvenience. The ability to move the tracker from the right corner of the screen to another area of the screen, would also be useful. It can cover the bottom scroll bar on charts.
Susan H.
Jira Queen
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
October 31, 2019

“Tempo Timesheets - the only one for proper account management”

Overall Tempo is easy to get started with and seamlessly integrates into Jira to the point you don't even recognize it as an add-on.
ProsWe rely heavily on Tempo to keep track of our client billable and support hours. Tempo's robust account management system has met our requirements for the past 6 years. It's really the only solution that meets our needs.
ConsOnly negative is the lack of reporting around the worklog attributes.
October 31, 2019
Guillaume M.
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees

“Great but expensive”

OverallTempo in my company is a step before put the time in the financial tool. Projects managers checked if time spent in Tempo and in the financial tool are the same. Without Tempo, checked only in Jira would be too tedious.
ProsErgonomics / Nice Goods features : move time / my work /teams. Overall timesheet is convenient ! Good reports to verify quickly
ConsExpensive for a tools which is use to see "only" time spent. - Can't be use for project management to consolidate Estimate/Remaining and spent. We use EazyBI for that. - Can't verify if a user has 8h each day (for example) if this user work on a project you don't have rights. Perhaps have a line with no details but indicate thats the user spent time on an other project - Can't use "Submit period" feature when a user works on multiple projetcs with mutiple projects managers. A manager should validate only time spent on his project.
Shaunt K.
Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

“Great Product”

Overallpretty good. We have liked using it and like that it's integrated into jira
ProsI like the ease of integration into Jira
ConsReporting functionality while pretty good is a little bit limited. Would like to be able to more with querying an actual sprint or being able to do some simple math on fields. Things like grouping by an issue and showing actual time vs estimated time.
Oliver X.
Software Development Manager
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

“Need Improvement”

ProsEasy to record time spent. It does its name said.
ConsTwo major concerns here, one is the price. Our company has 35-40 users using Jira. However, only 10 people max are using Tempo. But the bill of Tempo is applied to all users which is not flexible. The second concerns is the reporting. We set up a custom field to identify each business sector, but it's not easy to use this field to group time log.
Vendel S.
general manager
October 20, 2019

“Tempo Timesheets at our company”

OverallWe are using Tempo in our projects for our customer. It's very important to have a detailed time logging possibility. Tempo integrates well into JIRA Cloud but some of the features (e.g. tracking in the browser and not in the mobile app) are not intuitive enough.
Pros- Good integration into JIRA Cloud. - Existing mobile
Cons- Reporting feature is not perfect enough. - Usage as a user is not intuitive enough (for the first time)