Trillian Ratings

Overall

About Trillian

Trillian is a powerful business and clinical communication platform used by companies and healthcare systems of all sizes. Whether you're a business still relying on texting or a healthcare organization that needs HIPAA-compliant secure messaging, Trillian's modern and secure business instant messaging will help modernize employee communication without compromising on security or control. Learn more about Trillian

Joe S.
business manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

“We love this platform!”

OverallThis solved a very hard problem for us. Our practice management system has a communication module, but it only goes Tx to front desk, the front desk can't reply! We needed to have a running conversation between tx and the front, and also for different people to interact privately or without conversation. We love working with this. Setting up was easy easy easy and tech support has been great with everything.
ProsWe love the ease of communicating safely across the office and when we are out of the office. The HIPAA compliant feature makes this a great tool for staying connected in a place where we would otherwise be running around on foot!
ConsThe PC chat window is a little confusing for us at times. We use different chat groups for different purposes and if someone is looking at the wrong group window they may not see what they want or may write in the wrong setting. It's not bad, but a highlight of what the window is might help. Also, I'd love to be able to set different sounds for different groups and users so I know what I have to jump for and what I can ignore for a while. I have to monitor activity, but don't always need to respond so I'd like to set sounds so I know what's what.
David P.
Technology Operations Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

“Good Product”

OverallExcellent.
ProsEase of use for employees, ability to pull archives for reports.
ConsUnable to edit main group (we have two companies under the same umbrella), we'd like to change the name of the main default group to be more encompassing. Chat Disclaimer is sent with every message or none. We are wanting to send a disclaimer to each user at least once. Ideally, every time a new chat window between users is opened it should appear once. The price is steep, every year is getting harder and harder to justify the cost to my board with lesser costly options like Microsoft Teams, etc.
Thomas P.
Publishing, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2019

“Easy To Use and train up”

OverallNeeded a simple and easy to use app that didn't require my IT department to hand hold existing users and provide extended training for new users as we have many ever changing off-site contributors.
ProsVery easy to use and new users pick it up quicker than most apps. Plus, continual upgrade & updates make Trillian the best instant messenger for business.
ConsDo not believe Trillian has any functional flaws- Only suggestions have been minor cosmetic changes which they usually respond to in a timely fashion.
Jeffrey S.
COO
Computer Software, 11-50 employees

“Trilian for healthcare”

OverallThe software is solid, secure, and easy to use. The support is phenomenal. Thank you Trillian!
ProsThe best solution for secure chat available. Works on desktop, laptop, and phone, so you can always get your messages.
ConsLooking forward to voice calling. Everything else is wonderful
Marianne D.
Hospital Administrator
Veterinary, 11-50 employees

“Excellent Communications Software”

OverallWe love Trillian at work and find it so easy to communicate across departments in a large facility and also communicate when I am away from the office but need to be available to the whole team. Group messaging is especially helpful.
ProsAbility to share attachments, ability to customize login info and visibility, mobile option. Group communication options are excellent.
ConsWould love more media content like gifs to spice it up!
Katie C.
Digital Services Director
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
August 20, 2019

“Simple, Does the Job, Few Features, But Reliable”

OverallThe marketing company that I work for as several "older" souls who aren't too savvy with Project Management Chat Software quite yet. Having this tool as a way to keep in touch and ping teammates has been helpful.
ProsAt first, I thought Trillian was just a sad AIM wannabe that the company I am working for wanted to relive the 90's with. As I got acclimated, I got used to the chat service. It's pretty simple to use, I enjoy the emojis, and having the historical chat messages archived has been a life saver.
ConsI am patiently waiting a gif search and embed feature. Sometimes words and emojis just don't do the trick, and you need to harness the Michael Scott saying "NO NO NOOOO" gif to get your point across. I do occasionally have some issues with cross-platform synching. (when I chat via my desktop, the message isnt viewable on my iPhone/iMac), and since I switch hit from device to device, this can be pretty inconvenient.
August 20, 2019
Barry B.
General Manager
Shipbuilding, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2019

“In 25 Years of Using Instant Messaging Software - Trillian is the BEST!”

OverallGreat experience. Has greatly increased communication ability within the company! Great experience thus far!
ProsEasy to use, small file size, quick, convenient
ConsI haven't found any Cons in 2+ years of using this software.
Stephanie H.
IT Specialist
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Great IM Platform”

OverallWhenever I've contacted Trillian support, I've received fast responses and resolutions. The software is also fast and easy to use which means less training time for new hires.
ProsI like you can choose to have your different chats in 1 window or separate. I like you can set your own status to something customized. I love the search function - it's quick to find people. I also like there's a mobile app.
ConsWhen I sign into Trillian on my cell phone, my status resets to Online then I have to change it back to Away. I often keep my desktop up but need to walk away from my desk and use my mobile phone. I would like to have to option of your status showing in chat history. We put a lot of info in our status's. I would also like to see a few things merged such as Google calendar (so status's are updated automatically) and video conferencing.
Danny D.
Partner
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2019

“Messaging and More Done Right”

OverallScott and the team are amazing. They've listened to our feature requests and delivered! We love trillian and our business depends on it heavily every day.
ProsTrillian is a solid messaging app. The feature we use most is the pier to pier file transfers. No upload/download... just send a file straight to the person you need to. We send a LOT of messages and a LOT of files on a daily basis. Mostly large files. Trillian has been the most solid messaging app we have ever used.
ConsThe only thing I don't like about the software is you need to activate the mobile app (even if it's running in the background) when you step away from your desktop if you want to receive messages. I would prefer it just go to both locations simultaneously.
Ellie C.
Legal Services, 11-50 employees

“Awesome Program”

OverallMy overall experience is that it does exactly what we need it to do and that is to communicate within the firm.
ProsOnce Yahoo Messenger was discontinued I had to find a program that worked similarly like it as this was what we used as a form of communication within our Law Firm. The layout was pretty much like messenger and it was easy to navigate. It is simple and easy to use. We like that we can attach photos, docs and notifications are on point. I receive them on my computer as well as on my phone.
ConsThe only con that I can think of is the emoji's, I wish it had a bigger variety.
Gregg R.
Operations Director
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees
August 28, 2019

“A tried and True IM App that greatly facilitates communication in our organization.”

OverallTrillian has streamlined communication in our organization making it easy to reach out to people for quick questions or answers, pass phone calls , know people's status and presence, and just keep us all connected. We have built in messaging in our phone system but find Trillian a stand-out, stand-alone tool for intra office messaging.
Prosease of set up and use under multiple IM protocols. Simple for users to work with. Great support from developer.
ConsThe latest version for mac seems to take longer to get connected to its network than the older versions.
Sharena W.
Dir. Marketing Communications
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

“Simple but Powerful”

ProsOnce AOL became defunct, we switched to Trillian to communicate within our Corporation. The layout is easy to navigate, and has several customization options. Simple interface. I like the ability to attached documents and photos, and notifications are good.... meaning I rarely miss one. We don't use the feature, but it's possible to Add external account such as Facebook, and Google.
ConsOn associate complains about not being able to position the tabs horizontally. There is no delete function for the individual user. You can't edit or modify an IM once it's been posted.
Michel L.
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Fantastic instant messenger”

OverallLove the experience. support is an instant message away which is amazing. I have had issues resolved in less than 5 min which is a life saver when running a business.
Prosthe screen shot option is a life saver. as well as the new instant messenger to sms feature. I was able to use my landline to send text messages. I work in a location that has no reception so this allows me to text customers/coworkers without having any reception.
ConsThe android app. it is glitchy and laggy. it still does the job but could be much better.
Nicole T.
Administrative Assistant

“Must have!!”

ProsI love that my contact list can be docked to the right of my computer screen, this allows me to know at all times who is available, who has left for the day, or who can not be disturbed. Another Pro is that I can make as many group chats as I need to this allows me to be able to talk to multiple people instead of have a bunch of different one off convos, also you can name your group chat which is amazing!!
ConsTrillian has not come out with a redacted feature yet but I am hopeful that will come out in the future.
Dawn R.
Licensed Property Manager - Owner
September 1, 2019

“Office Use”

ProsEase in which to connect with team members. We are not all the same floor, making communication more difficult. Because we can connect via Trillian, we are able to keep up with our fast paced office and not skip a beat. Ability to review history is a must for our company!
ConsWhile it is a business app/program - bringing some fun into to help us get through the long days would be great! What that would be exactly? I'm not sure...
September 1, 2019
Hesham M.
Software Developer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
August 14, 2019

“Trillian is a great tool with a lot of potential”

OverallSo far I had a good experience using trillian, still trying to adapt from Slack which had more rich features.
ProsLove the group chat feature and the simplicity in creating channels.
ConsThe multiple task manager tabs, and escaping characters in messages, as well as the auto copy on select feature.
August 14, 2019
Emma S.
Director of Clinic Operations
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2019

“Great for our uses, but could do with a few feature updates”

OverallOur communication has improved, we were previously using walkie talkies, which while helpful, became distracting. Trillian is a more subtle way of communicating during clinic. Unfortunately, with this trillian is sometimes not noticed immediately by the user and so a way to distinguish urgency would be incredibly useful.
ProsAbility to communicate in the moment with our team, ability to set up different groups, customization of notification sound/location
Conscould do with a way to notify different levels of urgency in terms of sound and appearance
Katie D.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“Perfect for Staff Communication”

OverallThis product was instrumental in better communication between employees at our two locations. We were able to problem solve and track inventory much quicker by searching chat history.
ProsLoved the capability to search chat history - helped immensely with inventory and tracking our products
ConsWish it had the option of not showing when you were mobile (maybe it did?) Emoticons seemed a bit outdated but those weren't necessary for effective work communication ;)
Victoria V.
IT Manager
Automotive, 51-200 employees
August 28, 2019

“Great IM Software and Service”

OverallI've been using Trillian for 12+ years. I used to use it as just an IM client for multiple chat services, but I've transitioned our company into using Trillian Business and I LOVE IT. It's easy to add/remove users, look at chat history, and send messages to certain groups or my whole company. It definitely makes doing business much easier!
ProsEasy to use, ability to message groups/entire company, chat history availability and search
ConsI cannot think of anything I don't like!
Mary M.
Agency Manager
Insurance, 11-50 employees

“Great Product!”

OverallIt's great for even a smaller office and to be able to communicate with your coworkers while you have a customer right in front of you
ProsEase of use, to be able to do group chats, No Ads!
ConsThere is not much we don't like about this software
Caitlin M.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“Great for office communication!”

OverallI have used Trillian for years and it has been a game-changer for interpersonal communication in our office.
ProsI love how easy this is as well as the ability to have group chats.
ConsNothing that I can think of. It's easy, the staff likes it, and we have never once had it "go down" when we needed it.
Terri C.
Accountant
Accounting, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“Trillian - Couldn't do business without it”

OverallUsing Trillians makes work communications MUCH easier. Quick and efficient.
ProsAllows for easy interaction with co-workers without having to write an email, send a text or make a phone call.
ConsThere's nothing I don't like about it. All our employees use it. And it can be set up on the phone for contact away from the office.
Utilities, 51-200 employees
July 25, 2019

“Great for communicating at the office”

OverallOverall it does exactly what we need for communication software.
ProsI can communicate with everyone at my office in regards to customer accounts as well as offer immediate direct supervision.
ConsIt crashes, not often, but sometimes. Transferring files can be a little hard for beginners to get used to.
cathy w.
ops mgr
Retail, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“Easy to set up, and use”

ProsWorks great for the price. You can use on desktop and mobile phone which has helped me with being on call all the time.
ConsI wish you could combine group chat histories - it wasn't clear in the beginning that group chats were saved, and multiples were created. :(
Sherrie H.
Accountant
Automotive, 11-50 employees

“Usages”

ProsEase of use and setup was quick and easy.
ConsThe fact that you cannot just change the name on a user. You have to create a new user and the fact that you cannot (as the administrator) delete old messages
Russell T.
Vice President
Financial Services, 1-10 employees

“Trillian review”

ProsIt's ease of use/access and the fact it can be deployed on multiple devices
ConsSometimes setting up across multiple platforms can be challenging, but customer service is always spot-on
Najmi H.
IT Executive
Retail, 51-200 employees
August 29, 2019

“Trillian!!”

ProsEasy to categorize, create and modify users
ConsThe emojis has to be selected and then press the enter key to send the emoji.
August 29, 2019
Chris C.
Real Estate, 11-50 employees

“Works Great and Secure”

ProsI like that it just for my business. Very secure and responsive
ConsThat it take up part of the screen and it reduces your overall screen size
Chris C.
media specialist
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

“A Great Tool”

OverallWith our company being a phone based company, it is sometimes hard to get a hold of our employees when problems or emergency issues come up. This tool allows us to do something other than just email the person, so that we can take care of things in real time.
ProsAs an admin, it is easy to set up, and that is a huge benefit. I am also glad that we can review the history of our users chats, in case we need to find information or need to remedy problems
ConsThere is nothing that has come up so far in our time of using it.
Aaron E.
Wholesale, 11-50 employees

“Great messaging app”

Overallinteroffice communications
Prosit is a very simple and ease of use app.
ConsAdding video and conferencing would be a nice addition
Tom S.
Mortgage Broker

“Trillian is great!”

OverallI stumbled upon Trillian when we were looking for a quick way to communicate with the team where they wouldn't have to stop what they were doing and pick up the phone, etc. Everyone loves it!
ProsVery efficient and I don't know that it has ever been down. It provides a cheap way to quickly communicate with colleagues without having to take the time for a phone call or email.
ConsNo cons that I can think of. After thinking... still no cons!
James H.
IT Specialist
Legal Services, 51-200 employees

“Trillian Review”

OverallWe use Trillian company wide on a daily basis. I have had little to no complaints about it.
ProsIt is simple to use File transfer group chats
ConsSome small glitches, if a shared URL is very long, it freezes up Trillian
Melissa M.
Director of Operations
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

“Trillian review ”

OverallWe use this as our team communication.
Prosit is quick and efficient mostly, easy to use on the computer and phone.
ConsIt could be easier to find people. I do not enjoy the # situation. I would like to be able to find the single user name first when searching
Terry L.
Risk Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 employees

“Excellent communications platform”

ProsEase of use, effective tool for communications.
ConsNot much so there isn't really much to say.
Luis s.
IT
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

“Simple to use”

Overallit is really fast and reliable
ProsIt is easy to set up users, and add new contacts to the list
Consit doesn't have a video chat or audio chat option
Kayte B.
Office managed
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
August 8, 2019

“Helpful for inter office communication ”

ProsThis program was very easy to install and implement. It has helped increase our office communication and increased productivity.
ConsIf anything, it is a very basic program but that is not terrible.
August 8, 2019