Loom Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.8/5
4.7/5

About Loom

An internal communications tool allowing your message to be instantly shared through video Learn more about Loom

Nicole S.
Support Analyst
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 19, 2019

“Amazing!”

OverallI have literally nothing to complain. Amazing.
ProsLoom is amazing. As a customer support analyst, I need to help the users to get along with the features and help them understand what is going on. Sometimes it is hard to explain it written, by chat, so I use loom to record a video from my screen and show them what I am doing and also speak to the user. I find it amazing that I can record with microphone, camera or not, and I don't need to upload the video, I just send them the URL. My customers are very pleased with this tool as well, and it has been a hand on a wheel to me.
ConsThe only thing that could improve is that when we make a mistake in the video we have to delete and start over, there is no way to delete "a little bit" and continue. But overall, it is AMAZING, really!
September 19, 2019
Ramiro S.
Production Schedule
Food Production, 201-500 employees
October 30, 2019

“Capture any moment on your screen”

OverallI have been using Loom and it came in handy especially when i needed to troubleshoot bugs in an application i could clearly show the bug and explain what is happening in the video.
ProsThe ability and simplicity of capturing a time on your screen and being able to record to it to explain a process, as well as being able to select which screen you wish to capture if you have multiple screens.
ConsThere really isn't much to say bad about the software as it provides necessary tools needed to be able to troubleshoot.
October 30, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 12, 2019

“The next big thing for businesses”

ProsLoom is so easy to use, has an excellent support team, provides an open product map, and made our customers connect with us on a new level. It's so simple to get set up and saves your team tons of time -- from internal onboarding to customer questions, there are hundreds of use cases.
ConsThere really aren't any cons with Loom. This is going to be a huge game changer for businesses.
August 12, 2019
Raghav K.
None
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
August 11, 2019

“Relatively Underwhelming”

OverallI believe as time passes, Loom will continue to enhance its features and eliminate bugs. As the overall experience is refined, I believe Loom, with its unique offerings, is certainly a top competitor in the video recording software market.
ProsIt has a simple, easy to use interface, which allows you to alternate between recording styles depending on whether you want your voice, your face or both, which is a welcome step. It also stores your videos on its online portal, up to a certain number, protecting you against crashes and other mishaps. The support is very friendly and quick to respond, enhancing your experience further. Plus, you can share your videos directly through their portal, saving you the hassle of downloading and uploading the videos on a streaming platform.
ConsI'd like to think of Loom as a work in progress. With its bugs and crashes, it fails to impress when compared to other recorders I have used. I have had to contact support multiple times over an identical complaint of videos failing to upload completely, despite having a strong and fast internet connection. Once, after recording an 11 minute video, I realized Loom had recorded only 3 minutes, causing severe frustration.
August 11, 2019
Dan N.
Law Practice, Self-employed
September 11, 2019

“A great way to train your team”

OverallI needed a screen sharing tool to record my processes so that I could start training my team. Loom is the perfect tool to record and share.
ProsThis software is super easy to use; just click a few buttons and you're off recording your screen. This is a great way to document your processes and train your staff.
ConsSometimes it's a little buggy and crashes my system, so I'm not sure it recorded and I have to record all over again. But the pros outweighs the cons and you should use try this software to see if you like it.
September 11, 2019
Derek N.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
October 9, 2019

“Awesome video tool!”

OverallA fun and different way to record a variety of videos.
ProsThis is a great tool to record a variety of videos that you can edit right away and send off to people.
ConsNothing really. Easy to use and gave you plenty of options on how you want to publish and secure your videos.
October 9, 2019
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
October 15, 2019

“Huge time saver!”

OverallAmazing! Instead of a long explanation that will probably get lost in translation, we can send a quick loom!
ProsI love how easy it is to use Loom. It's a huge time saver because we're able to create videos and refer back to them.
ConsI really don't have anything negative to say about the product. We're able to share tutorials and answer questions visually which is generally how people learn best.
October 15, 2019
Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees
November 7, 2019

“Great for quick, easy screen videos”

OverallVery useful for getting technical issues fixed - fast.
ProsI've been using Loom for a few months. The app was suggested to me by a client when I needed to get help with a technical issue. Loom made it easy to record the screen to get the issue resolved. I love that there's no learning curve. It's great for quick and easy videos.
ConsThe Chrome extension doesn't always work properly but it's a minor inconvenience for the work I'm doing. While you can trim videos, you can't do a whole lot of editing.
November 7, 2019