Sylaps Ratings

Overall
4.2/5

About Sylaps

Instantaneous, Audio and Video meeting collaboration. As simple as opening on a link to join a meeting on web browser, mobile devices and desktops. You no longer need to hassle your contacts with installing plugins. Just send them a link. Audio call and Video conferencing, file transfer and screen sharing. All-in-one secure service. All your data are encrypted and we assure you very high quality audio and video, screen-share and unlimited file transfer. Learn more about Sylaps

Hervé P.
CTO
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
December 9, 2019

“The simplest and easiest video conferencing solutions”

OverallI use Sylaps daily to interact with my teams of developers spread all over France. Individually face to face or in groups of 5 to 10 people, we can chat, exchange files, share links or take notes, share our screens to visualize cases. Sylaps has become an indispensable tool in our daily newspapers and in all our internal exchanges. But also to make presentations of our software to prospects or simply do distance training. It is a miraculous tool to exchange simply, and quickly without question, just by sharing a simple link sent in a calendar invitation, or by email.
ProsThe most valuable thing about implementing a video conference with Sylaps is definitely having nothing to do with it. A simple internet browser, a link sharing and you are directly in touch with your employees. Simple, effective, convenient from a computer, a tablet, a mobile phone, under Linux, Windows, and macOS, it is this practical side that enchants me in the daily use that I make with this solution.
ConsHonestly not much to blame this product. The worries come more from the quality of the internet lines than from the product itself. Maybe there is a conversation recording feature that might be useful. Where else to limit password access to conferences.

By Sylaps on December 17, 2019
Thank you Herve, We going to work on improving the product based on your feedback.
December 9, 2019
Harold T.
Senior Software Engineer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
September 17, 2019

“Instantaneous, Audio and Video meeting collaboration”

OverallSylaps allow me to have daily meeting with my technical team and executive. I can focus on the conversation instead hassle my contacts with installing plugins or application. I Just send them the Sylaps Room link.
ProsThe product does not require Login or Download for basic usage. Simply create a room and send invitation via email or SMS. The video quality is good and the screen-share work great.
ConsThe power user features are still limited, I d'like to see better Scheduling and features such as On-Demand Webcasting and Record & Playback Ability.
September 17, 2019
Jacob W.
IT Project Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
October 17, 2019

“Versatile Browser-based video”

OverallWe have used Sylaps for virtual office meetings as well as integrating it into our telemedicine platforms. The purchased version of Sylaps offers more features, customization options, and integration services that we used to implement it as the video feature in our own mobile software. Overall, we have been quite pleased with the quality, dependency, and value we get in utilizing Sylaps for our video provider.
ProsI like that this software works on most platforms without needing an application regardless of Windows, iOS, or Android. The video performs pretty well overall and it seems to be adding features occasionally that are useful, like screen share. It seems to be a freemium model that doesn't have advertising.
ConsSometimes has A/V issues depending on bandwidth for the free version. Wish the free version were a little more intuitive, texting someone a link for a room is a feature that is hidden in plain sight. Works on most browsers as they adopt WebRTC, but when having a nontechnical person join who somehow is using one of the few browsers it doesn't work on, they either have to download an approved browser or the Sylaps app, which doesn't make the transition to the room easy for a nontechnical person who has technical issues.
October 17, 2019
Tajammal Y.
IT Manager
Medical Devices, 1-10 employees
December 10, 2019

“Good Start ”

OverallAs overall experience, this product is still in initial stage of development. There are many good features but still lacking many important ones. Like, we cannot select which speaker to be used for audio output, Password protection for room etc.
ProsWe are dealing in AV integration and tried this product for Conferencing needs, It was quite helpful to establish quality video conferencing without using expensive tools available in the Market.
ConsThis uses WerbRTC protocol, can work any device's Browser without installing a plugin.

By Sylaps on December 16, 2019
Thank you Yousaf, We going to work on improving the product based on your feedback.
December 10, 2019
Daniel S.
Project Coordinator
Entertainment, 201-500 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 4, 2019

“Sylaps is one step easier than Zoom!”

OverallEasy to start a video call, easy to generate a link, and no need to download a thing if you don't want to!
ProsNo download to use within browser. No need to link contacts. I entered a video chat, generated a link, and messaged the link to my partner. We were connected in seconds. File sharing seems easy as well.
ConsNothing to dislike! I haven't used it long enough to truly determine how stable it is to use within my favorite browser, but there have been no obvious issues.

By Sylaps on December 9, 2019
Thank you Daniel. I'm glad you enjoy Sylaps.
October 4, 2019
FRANCESCA D.
Self
Entertainment, Self-employed
October 12, 2019

“My first choice”

OverallEasy to use for my monthly conversation with clients still a go to.
ProsLove this app I dont use it often but it is on my home screen and the first thing I use when I need to do a conference call to someone.
ConsIt sometimes would lag but after the update it has continued to be a perfect go to app I have no bad word at all.

By Sylaps on December 9, 2019
Thank you Francesca. Let me know if you have any issues with Sylaps via support@sylaps.com
October 12, 2019