Accubid Anywhere Ratings

Overall
3.8/5

About Accubid Anywhere

Trimble Accubid Anywhere is the first of its kind, a fully hosted, hassle-free IT experience. Connect from anywhere at any time, allowing you to focus on what you do best, win work! Updates to takeoffs are viewed in real time, allowing you to verify results immediately. A job consolidated bill of material and closeout screens can be viewed and edited, without having to run a report. Additionally, data validation instantly informs you of any issues or conflicts in a takeoff. Learn more about Accubid Anywhere

Dan F.
Systems Specialist
October 5, 2017

“I am a DB Manager and very experienced formula writer. Ken Brooks and I share techniques regularly.”

OverallThe time frame to train new employees in Accubid Enterprise is drastically reduced from the previous Accubid Classic. True Multi-User mode within an estimate is a great advantage too, I can problem solve remotely, without a streaming interface. The instant availability of price updates and assembly changes is also a huge help. There's no more after-hours updates, only to have one person not log out and waste my efforts.
ProsMy favorite part about Accubid Enterprise is the extreme customization. I can tailor the user experience to the specific needs of my colleagues. The flexible way that assemblies can be built allows me to future-proof my work so that one seemingly minor request doesn't balloon into two 40hr weeks of copy/paste/rename.
ConsDespite the flexibility in customizing the user experience, there are quite a few instances where a feature seems like it wasn't properly beta-tested. For example, there is no such thing as a template estimate. There are estimates we call "Template", however there is no functional difference between and Estimate and a Template Estimate. I have to leave my "Template" vulnerable to someone changing something in it, in order for it to be copied from. Another example is; Specifications reside in jobs and cannot "Retain Database Version". If I make a change to an assembly that requires a corresponding Specification change, I have to do a whole host of things to prevent existing jobs from breaking. This creates instability for your clients, particularly newer clients with limited overall database experience.
Jeff S.
Expeditor
October 11, 2017

“Field Electrician for 15 years. Estimator for 10 years. Expeditor for 2 years.”

OverallAbility to quick change conduit & cable sizes, quantities & types.
ProsSubstituting material, changing conduit & cable sizes & types. This software has great potential, but in my opinion is still a work in progress.
ConsResolving issues. For someone who doesn't use the software everyday, it can be a challenge. I sit down with our superintendents, who have gone through the class, and reteach them how to put together an estimate. Glad to do it, but that was not the case with Accubid Pro. But my biggest complaint about Enterprise is not being able to see Material & Labor $ after each line of take-off without having to calculate labor & material values. There has to be away this can be automatically calculated without bogging the system down. It worked in Accubid Pro. Most of my projects are not "cookie cutters". I need to know those values immediately after take-off. Highlighting and clicking on "calculate labor & material values" after every take-off is a pain. Something else that could be made easier is setting up projects in "Change Management". Way too many steps. I have done it several time over the past two years and still need to refer to the tutorial one of our administrators put together. Glad he did. Like I stated in the Pros, this software has great potential, but in my opinion is still a work in progress.
William S.
December 12, 2017

“Line Item Takeoffs”

OverallThey need to add a calendar on the job info tab that relates to the dates and duration
ProsI like a couple of things about this estimating software. The top pro is the ease of operation while using this software. I feel it is built more for the industrial contractor that enters items one item at a time. Also, I have always had a very fast response time with customer support. I normally send them an email with my issue and they either respond within an hour or so with what I can try or give me a call and take over my computer to fix the issue.
ConsI do not like the speed of the program when trying to enter a plans and spec commercial project. I find it to be cumbersome and they do not have the capability to multi screen takeoffs at the same time as their competitor. The breakout screen assignments for the various tabs is somewhat cumbersome as well and needs an easier way to assign those amounts in the breakout screen instead of the tabs for individual items
December 12, 2017
Greg B.
Vice President
Construction, Unspecified
August 9, 2016

“Trimble Estimating Software Review”

ProsTrimble has been very good with product support as far as software and training. The staff is generally very knowledgeable and has been quick to assist members of our estimating department in trouble shooting and efficient operation techniques when utilizing the system(s).
ConsBeing from Western Canada the Trimble products (and many other estimating software products) lack reliable material pricing support/updates. This issue leaves contractors with very labour intensive manual updating and discount management, not what we are looking for in estimating software. The result is that any time saved in completing take-off is then wasted in pricing updates and material research.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen evaluating any estimating software make sure that the level of technical expertise your company has is able to utilize the features of the software you are purchasing. Most of the individuals that we have dealt with when purchasing or training with estimating software make the use and features appear very easy to learn. As a former full time manual take-off estimator I have found that if you are not utilizing these electronic tools (on screen take-off, assembly creation, etc.) on a daily basis the ease of use becomes increasingly difficult. As an owner now the best candidates for an estimating role that I have found would be the people trying to sell the product.
August 9, 2016
Daniel F.
11-50 employees
February 15, 2019

“Accubid the best estimating software in the market ”

ProsThe biggest pro of using Accubid is the ability to make modifications to an existing bid after it has been completed, like owner revisions or addendums adding or deleting materials, relocating equipment and easily moving all the associated branch circuits or feeders. Another great advantage about using Accubid is the familiar layout of the system which is really similar to a regular excel spreed sheet with several steps that resemble regular tabs.
ConsAccubid can be a little difficult at first, it requires the user to watch the available training videos and any other available training material before a complete estimate can be completed, and the quality of the current videos is not the best, particularly the sound of the videos is muffled and low quality. High cost for one on one training.
February 15, 2019
Jeff T.
2.5/5
July 11, 2016

“Accubid Enterprise...”

ProsThe Customer Service is Excellent but they are very busy and will get back to you in the same day, you can't catch anyone right away.
Cons- There seems to be little in the database for pre-made electrical Assemblies and Product for what we are paying for. - System is awkward to work with, seems to be unnecessary steps to items... - My Mouse keeps disappearing and no one can seem to fix it. - There are measurements in Junction Boxes and Size Selections that do not pertain to the Product, yet it still shows up as a selection which causes errors, makes no sense. - There seems to be a lack of continuity or ease of Flow with Accubid Enterprise. - Run into several Errors where I want an LB Fitting c/w cover and gasket, but I can't seem to get that...I have to create a Spec to allow the Cover and gasket? - Why? - If you look at the Lighting assemblies in the non-Spec items, some of them do not work and errors show up when Chosen...Don't know why you have it in the system if I have to modify the Non-Spec to a Spec item. - Just received the LED Lighting update 3 Days ago but I cannot update the assemblies because of losing the present Data on my System and would have to file it into an old file. - Just wanted a Breakout done, in other Estimating Systems I have used, I choose Breakout Highlight the area I want to have and it will provide a separate item for it...The Breakout that was described to be in my help today seemed to be a lot of Steps and the Tech support lost me in the 1st 3 Minutes and did not explain what seemed like 3 Steps to just get a break-out. - When I modify a Recap Sheet for a specific Job, it seems to save it for all Jobs in the future, why is there no flexibility with modifying a size or areas to a sheet then having it save specific for that job? Why does it save it for all future Jobs? - When I create an item in my take-off sheet, why can I not just highlight this and then have it into an assembly? Other Estimating Software Systems do this? Overall it seems to not be a very great system and I have worked very hard on this system to learn it...It seems that I have to take an extensive training course to learn the ins and outs and the Special things I have to do to make something work. I do not like the fact that I have to create so many personal assemblies for my System because there is such a limited Selection. Even looking for Low Voltage Switching devices is not easy and that is with using the search engine. There is a lot of Assemblies, but they are basically a lot of repetition of the same items. I am no Rookie when it comes to Estimating Software but It seem to me that we will have to pay a lot of Money in going to Accubid training sessions to understand the system, that should not be the case. I worked with other Estimating Software for 12yrs and needed to take one basic training course and that was only for upgrades and I learned the system very well. Issues: Run Into problem - Picking a Strip Fixture assembly: Sizes(4" X 4100k) for item "Lamp T8 7x CRI TCLP - Fluorescent" not found within the database's Item Sizes table. "Available Sizes: 24" X 3000K | 24" X 3500K | 24" X 4100K | 36" X 3000K | 36" X 3500K | 36" X 4100K | 48" X 3000K | 48" X 3500K | 48" X 3500K | 48" X 5000K | 4100K X 5000K | 48" X 6500K | Resolution Details: Striplight Direct Mount w/ T8 7x CRI TCLP Lamps - Starter Toggle Bolt No Connection Lamp T8 7x CRI TCLP - Fluorescent" Note: There is just sizing shown - Nothing indicating to Change the Colour of the lamp. So I decide to choose a Strip Light Assembly Toggle Bolt Row Mount and this appears: "Formula "[Wire Size]" within assembly "Striplight Direct Mount w/ T8 7x CRI TCLP Lamps - Row Toggle Bolt" is invalid." - It did not even ask for a wire size in the Entry. The Same Applies to all Fixture Choices only the Industrial Indirect Mount works and can only Choose Starter not Row on that selection of assemblies. Why there are only single face Exits on the Assemblies and why is there not an assembly for a T-Bar Installation? - Why is there in Floor Boxes selection for Flush Floor Outlets and Recessed Floor Outlets - Is this not the same? Accubid's will confirm with the developers and trainers if this is the correct behavior in LiveCount and will get back to me. Accubid just confirmed with another LiveCount Support rep that continuing a measurement on another page does not merge the counts for AutoCount items. As Trimble suspected, the AutoCounts for the search pattern "Tel/Data-Drop Drop (Eng, Psyc, and Informative)" was created as separate searches. - No assembly for a 4 Gang with Dimmer combinations to Empty Assembly for Boxes for 2, 3 & 4 Gang DevicesHad to create my Own to get a basic assembly - Lost my Link to LiveCount as an Error appeared on my Profile, this is not a User issue. - I also am having an issue where now when I enter an Item into my take-off is does not appear, when I choose another item then the previous items appears on the take-off screen and this is a step behind for all items I am attempting to Enter. - Attempted to Choose a 4" Emt Connector, in the Global Items list, the Selection shows up as an error(See attached e-mail notes below) Why would the Customer "the Customer "me"" have to Manually add an item to an Assembly that was already created by the Designer??? Called about another Issue June 27, 2016 on the Final Pricing Item, the Total Pricing Recap - total Pricing Changes when I modify the Material Overhead Mark-up, but it does not change when I modify the Labour Overhead June 27th, just fixed my LiveCount issues this morning with Logging on but now I have lost access again at 1:32PM to see if there is anything he can do. Managed to get it working again and we discovered that when I chose the View to go onto Ribbon, the System would not work. June 27thCalled again regarding the Close out and Final pricing when we pinned the Total Overhead Line item 25 at 10% we could change the Material Overhead, but not the Labour Overhead. When I removed the pin, it worked on bothAdam from Accubid is going to look into this as he said it is not supposed to do this and he figures it is some type of bug.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely look around at all Estimating software systems, the Customer Service is going to assist me on these issues, but this is not an easy flowing program to work with.
July 11, 2016
Adam W.
Senior Estimator
April 26, 2018

“Easy to learn, easy to use, but lacks features.”

OverallThis program works well enough out of the box. If you are looking for a solid estimating system this is a good one.
ProsTrimble Accubid Pro Classic is easy to learn, easy to understand, and very easy to use. The program is good for breaking out your estimate, escalating labor, factoring labor, repricing material and sorting data. The program has a logical step-by-step feel.
ConsTrimble Accubid Pro Classic is an old estimating system and lacks features. The assemblies are not very dynamic and can't be easily modified. Trimble Accubid has another estimating system called Enterprise that has much more power, but the learning curve on that is steep!
April 26, 2018
Christian B.
Cheif Estimator
November 14, 2016

“Great Program for any size contractor!”

OverallAfter six months of exploring the estimating software products available on the market, my company chose Trimble's Accubid. This product outshines the competition in many ways. The main ways are the fully customizable database, integrated supplier pricing module, multi user capabilities and the live update feature that transfers from takeoff to extension to labor makeup and topsheet tabs. The reporting module is great in that it looks very professional and allows the user to analyze data taken from the entire project. The integrated supplier pricing module is invaluable for larger companies in that its an extreme time saver and gives the user certainty on their materials or commodity pricing. If your company uses external bidding tools as well, the Accubid data can also be exported to predefined templates easily. I would definitely recommend Accubid to another contractor or colleague. We are very happy with our purchase!
ProsFully customizable database, Supplier pricing modules, live takeoff, multi user interface.
ConsThe standard "out of the box" reporting styles could be a little less cumbersome. they have columns that you wouldn't normally use and the columns would extend onto more than one page. We customized our report style and it works fine. It could have been more intuitive but in the end the product is great!
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are on the fence about which software to choose for your estimating business, trust me, I have seen all of them and saw Accubid as "head and shoulders" above the competition.
November 14, 2016
Charles R.
Preconstruction Manager
October 10, 2017

“Electrical estimating company we have been using AccuBid and Enterprise since 2006. ”

ProsWe have four offices across the southeast. able to maintain one database while allowing each office to have their own assemblies and pads. We have estimated projects with 157 breakdowns with no problem using AccuBid Enterprise. Being able to do Unit prices with ease.
ConsThe reporting is to complicated to get a hard report if you need one. when doing project breakdowns do not have a way to see percentages material and labor the way we use to be able to see it in AccuBid.
October 10, 2017
Project Manger
September 7, 2019

“Full of Features But Could Be More Intuitive”

OverallI would definitely recommend it for large business applications with multiple users. You just have to fight through the learning curve.
ProsThere are tons of options for takeoffs, extension, reporting etc. It is great for multiple users and database operation.
ConsThe screens all look very similar so the learning curve is tough. For new users to navigate without going through a somewhat involved training class is almost impossible.
September 7, 2019
barbara s.
estimator
October 5, 2017

“Good experience with Accubid. There are a few things that could make things go more quickly.”

ProsIt appears to be robust. It's well organized and offers a lot of options for adjusting items after takeoff entry.
ConsDoesn't Auto save as much as I like, can't insert rows on takeoff screen, notes screen doesn't maintain blank lines when printing, should be able to hit enter a couple of times when inside a takeoff and finish the take off (currently ,if you keep hitting enter, it takes you back into the takeoff instead of finishing it)
Robert G.
Preconstruction Solutions Manager
October 11, 2017

“Great software, more advanced features. ”

OverallAbility to share resources in a multi user platform.
ProsMultiuser environment is the number one feature we love the most. We have had 12 estimators from multiple office locations all in the same estimate at the same time(Live).
ConsAs we add users to the program, degradation of the software is becoming more apparent. We have over 300 users located in 20 offices across the United States.
Ryan S.
Chief Estimator
October 9, 2017

“I use Enterprise on a Daily Basis for Electrical Estimating.”

OverallCompleting Accurate, quick estimates with very little effort needed into data entry.
ProsThe Design and Ease of use with the database and the customization ability of assemblies and takeoff pads makes doing takeoffs a breeze. Very little drill downs to find parts or piece you need. Build takeoff pads per system and that is almost all you need to get all your parts and pieces.
October 5, 2017

“Too many features that a person can get into trouble with and very cumbersome.”

Overallnone!
ConsThe fact that we were sold on this program by a salesman that could sell an ice cream cone to an eskimo, and we are still using it on the same server environment and have not moved to the cloud. The system is way too smart for what an Estimator needs to put together any type of estimate. We don't care what color a device is, but apparently Enterprise does and will fail the takeoff if you have the wrong color picked. I don't feel like I need to bash this program anymore, you will see from the other responses, its pretty much the same across the board. Our estimating times and stress levels have gone up for no apparent gain what so ever. If anyone says the opposite, they haven't been here long enough to see the con's from Pro. I was a tester for the Cloud environment built by Trimble to see why our system is so slow, and don't know why again we haven't moved to that direction. I think everyone's frustration is more of the slowness of it, on our side at our company. I am being honest about this and would also love some feed back on some of the other issues that you will see from the surveys. To go long with that, actual movement forward on making this program faster and easier to use if we have to continue utilizing this software.
Patrick M.
Director of Operations
April 12, 2017

“Director of Operations”

ProsEase of use, most commonly used Estimating software for electrical contractors in the Chicago area. I have used Accubid for more than 12 years now - so familiarity is a huge plus.
ConsIssues with updates to material data bases. The price is expensive for both Accubid and Change Order Pro. Needs to include on screen takeoff software with all future licenses.
April 12, 2017
Clayton S.
February 8, 2018

“Accubid Pro”

ProsThis is a powerful tool with a range of functions. It has a proven track record within the electrical industry.
ConsThe program can be difficult to manage for your company. There is very little material to help guide you through the background functions. Very expensive and getting even more expensive every year.
February 8, 2018
Erika M.
October 5, 2017

“Overall I am satisfied; it works well for Commercial new construction.”

OverallSpeed and accuracy- I feel my takeoff is done faster with less chance for error using this software.
ProsI like the spec driven aspect; keeps me from having to constantly pay attention to the assemblies I am using.
ConsThe lack ability to takeoff two different spec driven items in one line of takeoff. For instance; if I can take off an equipment termination (Flexible conduit -motor) and then also do the branch/feeder for it (EMT)- that would be helpful.
Jay P.
Project Manager/Estimator
February 22, 2017

“Best Electrical Estimating Software EVER!”

OverallI have worked in all areas of the electrical industry, less residential, and have used Timberline, ConEst, Estimation and several Excel spreadsheet products to do electrical estimates. Accubid is the most user friendly on the market and with a very large database, it can be used right out of the box.
February 22, 2017

“frustrating ”

Prostakeoff pad is very interactive, more than one estimator able to work at the same time is a great feature. Designation and lighting pad are very nice features
ConsCan't be creative with the software you have to take what is given in the assemblies. It is a very very slow program. Hard to find the simple everyday items that are used frequently in a takeoff
Randy L.
April 6, 2014

“This is a Real Review! Not one put up by an Accubid salesman”

ProsI can honestly tell you I am trained on Conest, McCormick and Accubid. All products have their strong points and weak points. When you buy this type of software, you're looking for speed, something learnable, the ability to customize, and - most of all - efficiency from Tech Support because something is always going to go wrong. The strong point of Accubid is the On Screen Takeoff integrated with Bid Winner. If I had to grade the software and nothing else about it, the grade would be a B-.
ConsI had to make multiple calls to Tech Support. The first problem was that they didn't call me back. It took more than 30 minutes, or they were foreign and I couldn't understand them. It's not good when it's 30 minutes to bid time, and you are having a problem with the software.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you bid jobs greater than 100k electrical, look for something else. If they would do a better job with Tech Support and increase the database materials, it would be so much better. What I don't know is why their database materials are not bigger. Trimble owns Trade Service.
April 6, 2014
October 9, 2018

“Tons of Possibilities”

OverallGreat tool for full time or "most of the time" estimators.
ProsLots of options for change order tracking, contract management and Livecount. Cost is per user license so it can be affordable for medium sized companies.
ConsDatabase can take a lot of time and effort to set up. Lots of upkeep and maintenance on the database. It takes a lot of training and practice as a user, not as intuitive as I would expect for the price.
October 9, 2018
Ryan W.
Estimator/ Project Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees
December 12, 2016

“Accubid Bidwinner Plus 11”

OverallI started with Accubid 9 years ago when it was on top of the market. While expensive for a small shop, it was worth every penny and paid for itself numerous times. Livecount takeoff, Trade Services vendor pricing, custom data base, and a very organized flow made the program very innovative and streamlined and at one time they had over 75% of the market.
ProsOnce the software is set up you can zip through projects with zero software errors. The program provides a flow that a lot of the other companies can't match.
ConsExpensive per user cost. The database took a long time to customize. Not at all friendly to an "always on the move" estimator.
Recommendations to other buyersI have not tried Accubid Enterprise yet, but I am sure its cost will be hard to justify now that the market is flooded with software options, however Trimble definitely leads the pack for MEP BIM.
December 12, 2016
Mike C.
Project Manager/Estimator
Construction, 51-200 employees
November 7, 2017

“Best Mechanical Estimating Software out there!”

ProsExtensive library database, user friendly setups. Various systems you can estimate and multiple reports you can run regarding your takeoff.
ConsVery Expensive, need to have some computer knowledge to know what how to use the database. Need to train users on how to use the program before using the software.
November 7, 2017
janiece s.
database manager
October 9, 2017

“I have used for several years.”

ProsI like that the program has so many options. It was put together well. It makes take off a lot easier on the estimator side of the program.
ConsTakes too long to connect and set-up a job. PM's did not like it for the quick budget estimates. Ended up going back to accubid because it was too cumbersome for the pm's.
Chris L.
Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees
October 5, 2017

“Frustrating, it's hard to remember if you double/single click, on a tab or a description.”

OverallHonestly, I have not had ample opportunity to use this product. I'm so busy doing estimates, I don't have a half a day 3 times a week to just sit and "test drive" it. I barley have time to fill out this survey. I wish there was a place I could go and do a complicated proposal, start to finish, and have someone guide me through it as I go. I'm not a tech savvy person, I was a construction sheet metal worker for 25 years, moved into an estimating role. Details are very important, and putting together a proposal with several different materials and paint systems, along with specialty items seems very difficult. But I have not, and will not give up, I need a tutor.
ProsI like most the fact that when I watch other people, that know how to use the software, use it. it does everything it's supposed to and then some. It gives me hope that some day I too will be able to confidently use it.
ConsI do a lot of custom pipe fabrication, what I like least is trying to put material into the specifications, and customizing the takeoff pad. I really need to sit and go through a bid start to finish with an administrator, but it's so expensive to have one for a few days.
September 22, 2017

“Tons of Options”

ProsAlmost anything is possible to set up in your accubid database and assemblies. It is really a great package for accurate commercial electrical takeoff.
ConsDatabase setup can be tedious. You will need to crank out a lot of estimates to justify the cost and setup time.
September 22, 2017
Bob S.
September 25, 2013

OverallI have used several estimating programs over the last 15 years and have found Accubid to be second to none of them. The functionality of this program provides a detailed audit trail that allows you to look at your finished product in minute detail from every angle. It allows you to break out a project, no matter how large, by building, floor, area, or any configuration you can imagine. If you enter a takeoff in the wrong area, you can move it to the correct area, page, building, or floor with a couple of key-strokes. It's ability to integrate with Excel is superb. We estimate projects from $100,000 to $40,000,000 and it is excellent. It is easy to learn, especially for someone that has used Excel spreadsheets, or any other product on the market, including some of the old DOS based products. It is great for large projects that require multiple estimators to work on the same project at the same time. We are currently using Accubid Pro 10 and Accubid Change Order Pro 10 and would recommend it to any electrical contractor that estimates large commercial projects.
September 25, 2013
james a.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2017

“Goods and Bads”

OverallTech support has been great. Watching the instructional videos helps but taking a class would be great. Small businesses are on a shoe string budget and difficult to come up with money for the software.
ProsIt gives me the ability to have all the composites in one area to view as I continue with an estimate. It saves times from building an excel sheet working from previous projects. The data is at your finger tips.
ConsIm a first time user plus average computer skills and its difficult to keep all the moves together as you progress. The cost of the in class education should be part of the price instead of a extra cost.
May 2, 2017
Ted A.
General Manager
May 20, 2015

“Accubid Makes Putting Tenders Together Easy!”

ProsYou can add alarms to items that you are still waiting on pricing on, which helps to keep from sending incomplete estimates.
ConsVery expensive for a small start up business. Also expensive to have software installed on company server.
Recommendations to other buyersUse a service like software advice as they had 3 different software companies contact me with product demos.
May 20, 2015
Abukar A.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5001-10,000 employees
December 13, 2016

“Accubid Classic Estimating Pro 13”

OverallI have used Accubid for about 6 months now for electrical estimating. Overall, it gets the job done but I feel it lacks strong development behind the program.
ProsI like the takeoff method it has. Very organized and easy to break out certain items relatively quickly.
ConsThe design severely lacks in terms of modern user graphics interface. This is unacceptable for software that cost thousands of dollars.
Recommendations to other buyersAnyone considering this product will be putting it up against similar software that I have never used. I couldn't give reasonable advice until I figured out how Accubid compares to other estimating software.
December 13, 2016
Josh L.
QC/Planner
Construction, 11-50 employees
November 3, 2016

“The easiest way to an accurate take-off.”

OverallI endorsed the use of this program to our company and convinced management to purchase it. We had good experiences using the program. It's now in use with our estimator.
ProsOnce its setup its plug and play. Download your files and start using. Master database is excellent. Working with assembles you can easily drop in a vent/drain/header assembly with wasting time on counting again and again. Support is excellent. Anytime you have a problem or issue just call or email and the support team is there.
ConsThe setup can take time. We currently use around 50 different specs. Accubid will create the database specs for a price and once you understand the system you can make your own or modify existing ones.
Recommendations to other buyersUnderstand how many specs you have or will need. Inquire about cost to purchase the basic ones right away this will get you off your feet much faster. Lastly take the course they provide. It did wonders for being able to use the program to its fullest.
November 3, 2016
Luis M.
October 19, 2017

“Good but not enough”

Overallbad on updates and very high cost!
ProsI really like the way is set up, with an exception of the database, I will consider that the database is not good enough, also is difficult to link pricing from vendors
ConsVery difficult to get reports and adequate BOM, I have to transcribe my BOM's for proper pricing to the vendors
October 19, 2017
Chase L.
October 5, 2017

“Program runs extremely slow”

ProsThis program is not user friendly and runs extremely slow. I could see it as a useful tool to someone with min. to no experience.
ConsThis program is not user friendly and runs extremely slow. I would like to use a program I could manipulate without seeing errors. There has been a quite a few times where I have noticed the software changing things I haven't asked it to change. (Has a mind of its own) Its very hard to trust this Enterprise
Dennis M.
Electrical Estimator
January 25, 2017

“Accubid Electrical Review”

OverallI have used this product for about 6 years and I have found it to be easy to use and has many features which work well with estimating a project.
ProsAccubid Electrical works faster than other products I've used. there is no lag when it processes takeoff. Most of the interface is easy for me to use.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend this product for electrical estimating. I have used other products but Accubid is one I find the easiest to use with many features I find to be helpful in taking off a project.
January 25, 2017
Robert Mattia M.
February 17, 2017

“Accubid”

OverallThe program was used for electrical takeoff. It is a good takeoff tool and once you have loaded your rates and variables it does effortless calculations. Entering quantities is easy.
ProsIt is thorough and all encompassing
ConsIt can be a bit overwhelming at first till you get used to it.
February 17, 2017
Yuriy V.
Chief Estimator
Construction, 51-200 employees
December 27, 2018

“Waste of money product”

OverallProgram makers did too much overthinking. Instead of simplifying product, they overcomplicated it with massive amount of details, etc. Out of the box program is not ready to use in a competitive bidding. Product needs an enormous amount of time to be spent on customization in order to achieve even just basic estimating capabilities (quickness, accuracy and trustworthiness). It's really slow, too much clicking. On average it is 10 times slower than every other current or earlier versions of any estimating system.
ProsFolder system, ability to copy and paste from one designation, breakdown or estimate to another.
ConsIt's too slow for using in a competitive bidding. Manual is a very poor quality and void of specifics, details and step by step instructions. Lack of ability to use a search option. It is limited to only a few instances instead of been available at all the time. Technical support is not helpful responding to questions about customizing product.
December 27, 2018
October 5, 2017

“This product drove me to find another profession outside of estimating”

ProsIt did have some good features. Being able to work in the job live is nice. The other screens are the same as Accubid 12
ConsI hate anything to do with the spec driven take off. Not being able to easily see anything that is in the audit trail without having to drill into the levels. Extremely slow operation. To many to list.
Cramer K.
October 12, 2017

“Accubid was so much better than Enterprise! unless you like a million tiny triangles!!! ”

ProsNothing, it might be better for a kid just out of college, but older users will not like it!!! Maybe it will be better after Seven years or so of daily practice,including weekends and holidays.
ConsEven setting up a job was a nightmare!!! And the Resolves were ridiculous:
October 12, 2017
Matt D.
July 18, 2016

“Great estimating tool!”

ProsGreat database, easy to manipulate once you get the hang of it, good customization, clean printout.
ConsFormal training is required, software and user functionality could use an upgrade
Recommendations to other buyersget formal training, use the program a little every day, make test projects
July 18, 2016
Tommy L.

“Long-time Accubid user”

ProsThe product works very close to actual how you would take things off the old way. I like the consistent innovations and product development.
ConsNot being able to change labor rates in one click to multiple selected ones. I don't want to change every labor rate, but at times, the average rate that appears on multiple screens may need to change based on job requirements. It would be nice to be able to select which ones to change and change them all rather than going to each tab.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is the best on the market! I have used others. This one works the best, and the support is great.
Leif R.
October 9, 2014

“Easy-to-use Bidding Software”

ProsThe ease of use of this program makes it a high choice. The customer service is amazing and willing to help, no matter what the question is. Price streaming is easy to stream into Accubid, and the whole program is worth the money. I have been using it for a year now and have been landing jobs in a very competitive market, all with the use of Accubid.
ConsI have nothing that I do not like about the program.
Recommendations to other buyersI recommend doing a webinar to see how nice of a program this really is. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, and they will show you all that it is capable of!
October 9, 2014
Greg D.
Senior Estimator
November 15, 2016

“Accubid Pro”

OverallI have been using Accubid for nealy 5 years. It is the best Electrical estimating software on the market today, in my opinion.
ProsEase of use and combine it with Livecount, its great.
ConsThe light fixture feature should be able to rename the fixture assembly after being built, this feature is clumsy.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's better than any other electrical software on the market.
November 15, 2016
Michael O.
November 7, 2016

“Accubid Electrical Bidding Software ”

OverallThe Accubid software is extremely easy to use. All the necessary data I need is right at my fingertips
ProsThe navigational tabs for each process of the bid ensure nothing is missed. The designated alarms will always make sure I don't miss my sub contracts
ConsI really have no issues with this produc
Recommendations to other buyersBuy it, it is worth the investment
November 7, 2016
Scott G.
Project Manager, Estimator
January 19, 2017

“It can do alot but it isn't the easiest to navigate.”

OverallA lot of time is spent navigating the software, I really wish it could be more simple.
ProsIt seems to be able to encompass a lot.
ConsNavigating the different tabs and finding where items and processes are buried.
Recommendations to other buyersI'd like to see a way to make the GUI more intuitive. Too complicated for its own good (or the good of its user).
January 19, 2017
Levi S.
November 18, 2014

“Happy with Accubid Classic and excited to implement Enterprise!”

ProsI have come to depend on the inherent reliability with Classic. Help and support are second to none. I really don't have any experiences to draw comment from for Enterprise, but I believe it will be a solid choice with unlimited customizing potential.
ConsSince Trimble has acquired Accubid, support does take longer to get back with us. Support is still great; it just takes longer to get a return call.
Recommendations to other buyersGo for it. This is great software with continued commitment to the development of the program and to support it after the sale.
November 18, 2014
Quentin K.
May 18, 2017

“Average”

OverallI do not like Accubid. Training should be readily available for all people using this product for free.
ProsLots of information, navigation through the estimating system is fairly simple. Lots of assemblies
ConsI don't like how all the assemblies have too much material. It needs to be simple and you add hardware and misc things in yourself. Difficult to make new assemblies. Difficult to find the job you were working on when you open it back up. Job does not save automatically. Updating pricing should be easier. Labor Hours for electrical material installs are not accurate. Jobs keep getting corrupted, some material suppliers have part numbers they don't match up and material runs high in price.
May 18, 2017
Joshua F.
Project Estimator
February 23, 2017

“Accubid - Electrical ”

OverallGreat Program. Highly recommend it. With the purchase of the program, plan on going through the training to get the full use of the program.
ProsPricing Updates
ConsDifficulty to learn the Program
February 23, 2017
Jason F.
Construction, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2018

“Worked great in class”

OverallMy experience with this product has been limited to classroom exercises through construction management courses, however, I can easily see how beneficial this product is in building bids
ProsThe program overall was logically set up and offered many options and functions vital to building a bid for a project.
ConsThe first time through can be confusing, if you do not have a solid base for building a bid prior to using this product you can easily get lost.
July 19, 2018
Jason M.

“Accubid review”

ProsIt's a great way to manage and compile estimates. It's easy to use and flexible.
ConsI would like the ability to highlight cells and have the values automatically populated (like in Excel).
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend exploring Livecount in tandem with evaluating Accubid. Together, these products provide a great solution.
Jay L.
2.5/5
November 3, 2014

“I have been using Accubid Classic Pro for 6 years.”

ProsThe program is laid-out in a logical way that parallels the process of completing an estimate.
ConsThe database is not very versatile, is limited in terms of capacity and takes a lot of time to change, update or maintain.
Recommendations to other buyersLook into newer options that are more easily customizable to your company's needs.
November 3, 2014