Zendesk Sell Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.2/5

About Zendesk Sell

Zendesk Sell, formerly Base CRM, is sales CRM software that helps you win more deals. With a powerful all-in-one sales platform that increases adoption and data capture among reps, Zendesk Sell provides sales leaders with the actionable, quantifiable insights they need to accelerate performance and grow revenue in a way that's measurable, repeatable and scalable. The Zendesk team will get you up and running immediately, with 70% of Zendesk Sell customers up and running in 7 days or less. Learn more about Zendesk Sell

Jacob S.
Owner - Co-Founder
Events Services, 1001-5000 employees
October 30, 2018

“Former User, Would use again”

OverallI think I well described it above but it was always positive. I loved connectivity through different regions with closers and it truly made scheduling easier.
ProsWe used base software when setting leads for Solar appointments. There was a really nice connectivity between me and the closers when I was using base. I love the idea that I can put notes on homes and have connectivity that I normally would not have had when we were using the paper method we used to use. I can slip appointments in between already scheduled appointments, just a solid product overall.
ConsIn relation to sales rabbit and other sales softwares, I loved the ability to see homes more clearly, I thought that was one thing I didn't have as much with base, it was still better in other ways though that outweighed the pros that sales rabbit brought. I would take this still over any other sales appointment software and calendaring out there.
October 30, 2018
Trent E.
Owner & Operator
Facilities Services, 1-10 employees
September 15, 2019

“Powerful and simple sales management tool”

OverallI mostly used Zendesk Sell when it was the Base CRM, though they've both worked and functioned very similarly. They have created a super easy-to-use interface that makes keeping track of and interacting with clients both simple and easy. Being able to read whole past interactions as well as see relevant sales data makes it a perfect choice for a small business. I don't know how well suited it would be to a large business, but one can hope it would work well.
Pros- Simple input for contact information for different clients and potential clients - Super easy to create deals and potential purchases for clients - Schedule appointments, set reminders, and send emails all from within the program - Check metrics and numbers of different members of the sales team for different times and situations. - Allows others to quickly catch up on what has happened in client interactions by reading through the emails that have been sent previously - Easily sort through customer lists to find people who are relevant under different categories
Cons- Sometimes too easy to change things that have been set by others - Contact uploading/downloading in .csv files is a bit of a pain at first, but not terrible to get used to.
September 15, 2019
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
December 14, 2019

“A simple sale automation software”

OverallZendesk sell has vastly improved the productivity of our sales team who concentrate more on making deals rather than writing reports
ProsIts a very simple to use sale automation software which allows our sales team to easily access the sales data and easily analyze it. Sell creates wonderful sale reports.
ConsThe glowing response by our sales team makes it hard to dislike the software. however, new users find it tiresome to upload and download contacts in CSV format
December 14, 2019
Angelique S.
Independent Sales Representative
Legal Services, 5001-10,000 employees
November 6, 2019

“Zendesk Sell: Mobility and Integration Solution!”

OverallZendesk Sell was well rounded and flexible to cater to our needs. It has various features that we are able to utilize, and smoothen up the sales process, such as customization of sales deals, automation of tasks and roles, forecasting sales, deal customization, even the organization of smart lists, and yeilding reports.
ProsAs an independent sales representative for Medical Justice, we aimed to be both mobile and flexible for our clients. The company has then decided to dive into an all new CRM software that brings forth mobility and integration that would allow adoption and improvement from the representatives; this is how Zendesk Sell came into the picture. Zendesk Sell happen to offer and provide every detail the company needed for a CRM. It was perfect! It was our solution!
ConsSo far, it's has been helpful and we love the fact of how flexible it was to cater to our needs, therefore, there is nothing to dislike, nor cons that we could think of.
November 6, 2019
Erik L.
Business owner
Online Media, 1-10 employees
January 15, 2020

“Long time user”

OverallIn the beginning when it was BaseCRM it was a nice system to use. After it became Zendesk sell all the extra functions become more expensive and there are better systems to use.
ProsIt's easy to store clients and manage your deals.
ConsIt's not very well integrated and we found a better system to use. Sinds 2013 we had a subscription and this was still active till April. When I wanted to delete my account on time, my complete account was deleted right away and that's it. No money refund when you pay for 7 years in a row prepaid and no access anymore for the period you paid for. This is how they treat customers who want to try something different after being a customer for 7 years .
January 15, 2020
Christopher L.
Applications
Education Management, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2019

“Very friendly UI, great software and can be customized”

ProsZendesk sell have been one of the best CRM software that I have tested and used in the past. It has very friendly UI and can be customized to your liking. The best part that i liked about Zendesk sell was that it was able to be linked with microsoft office which allowed connection to emails and calendars (sync and will remind you if you have a reminder placed). It also can be implemented onto mobiles which is useful at times and from experience, the mobile app is superb. No issues whatsoever with the mobile app and doesn't lack the functions it have on a desktop. Pricing for this product is very affordable for what its got to offer. Overall this product is great and I do highly recommend it to others.
ConsThe only thing that I dislike about this software is that it takes a long time to load up compared to other similar softwares.
July 18, 2019
Jared H.
Founder and CEO
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
May 17, 2017

“Solid SMB/SME CRM. Reports are lacking but otherwise great UX”

Pros- Direct mail integration (no bcc required) saves everyone a world of hassle - Very easy to create customized lists of deals - Mobile app is very, very good - Easy to customize deal page with relevant info including "smart links" to 3d party sites - Decent UI and easy to understand - Integrated Dialer would be great if we weren't already using Dialpad - Quick onboarding, decent SFDC import - Zapier integration
Cons- Reporting is completely inadequate: - No good way to report on lead sources - No way to report on leads by assignee - No way to create new reports if the pre-made ones don't do enough for you - The UI is surprisingly slow. Like, a-full-second-for-a-simple-lookup slow. This is not a complete dealbreaker, but is pretty irritating - Associating contacts to deals doesn't associate your comms w/them to the same deal, so if you have a lot of back and forth with someone about a deal, but forgot to add them to that deal in Base, you won't see the communication on the page for that deal. -
May 17, 2017
Jimmy G.
Fondateur, directeur général
Publishing, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2016

“Very useful app !”

OverallFor our micro-enterprise, we consider this App as an employee who helps us to coordinate customer records. Since we are working with Base, we lose fewer customers and time to acquisition. With Google Chrome plugIn, when we are working with LinkedIn, with a single click, add a contact to lead to our database in Base CRM. This prevents us from doing it manually as before.
ProsTime saving for lead management. Followed best customer records. Android, calls are automatically tracked and recorded in base with an option to add a note of the conversation in order to remember it and therefore continue the discussion more effectively to the next call or email.
ConsCreating quotes directly into Base and easily exportable to Xero has to be improved because it is a useful but incomplete integration to be really effective. Management contact book between Base CRM and Xero needs also improvement.
Recommendations to other buyersI have not tried other CRM, so I cannot compare. However, that CRM has been a revelation to me. I could no longer work without it. I highly recommend it.
September 12, 2016
Oleksandr T.
Product Manager
Internet, 11-50 employees
November 24, 2018

“I highly recommend you to try Base CRM and to implement it in the daily working process”

ProsI really like new features of Base CRM, for example, smart emails, calls, and notifications. Also, the way you can get all the necessary insights, how flexible is Base CRM and how easy you can implement it to every use, all these features are amazing and make work with this platform a pleasure. The support team is also very good and friendly, it always wants to help you to solve all your problems and are online 24/7.
ConsWhen I sometimes need more than one Base CRM to be opened at the same time, it starts to slow down. Also, It was hard first 2 or 3 days to get used to this program and to understand how things are working and, of course, to learn all the features and how to get more benefits from them.
November 24, 2018
Brandon G.
April 16, 2018

“Great CRM, a ton of functionality and the user experience is quite seamless.”

OverallGreat team collaboration and communication.
ProsThe user experience is quite seamless, also easy for new users to understand the platform with ease.
ConsThe pricing structure was disappointing, and not realistic for a lot of agencies that have a larger team.
April 16, 2018
Zach W.
Entertainment, Self-employed
June 13, 2017

“Base is the CRM I decided to commit to using, and overall, I'm very happy with it.”

OverallBase has helped motivate me. It makes making calls fun because you can see your goals and your progress toward them. Base keeps me on top of what's important. For example, I called a business to see if they were interested in my services. I was told they were interested but to call back when they planned their event in a year! It's easy to set the task to call the lead back in a year, and even better is that the phone call was recorded. I can listen back and when I follow up, know exactly what's going on. Base has also given me a clearer picture of which sources of leads are best so I'm able to focus on them first. I could go on and on about the benefits of using Base. It's a huge part of my business.
ProsThe best thing about Base is that it works. I tried free trial versions of a couple of other CRMs and my first big test was importing data and mapping it. The very first time I tried this with Base, it worked without a hitch. The other CRMs I tried hit some kind of a snag. I'm sure I could have contacted support or messed with them and gotten then to work, but what's the point when Base worked right the first time? On a side note, it's been my experience with almost all software that you get what you pay for. Base isn't cheap, but I also never have a problem with it. Again, you could find a cheap or even free CRM and make it work, but at what cost? Time? Aggravation? The second reason I chose Base is because voip is integrated without having to figure out some third party way of making calls, tracking the data, and recording them. With Base, you have everything you could want in terms of a sales CRM. Lastly, the reports are awesome. They give you any kind of info you could want.
ConsIn my list of pros, I mentioned that everything you could want in a sales CRM is built into Base. However, on the marketing side, it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm a one-man operation so I'm doing all of the sales and marketing myself. My solution was to get the minimal ActiveCampaign account they offer and use it for my automation and marketing needs. Base and ActiveCampaign can work together using Zapier. If you choose a higher level ActiveCampaign account, it does include a CRM with lead scoring and pipeline tracking. However, it's Mickey Mouse stuff compared to what Base can do For example, Base's AI will actually tell you when a deal is in trouble based on the language contained within emails. It works amazingly well so you'll know right away if a potential deal needs your attention. Another problem with Base is that they haven't improved it much. There are little things they should be able to fix right away, like having a field for a lead's phone extension. That's right, if you have a number and an extension, there's no place to enter the extension! The knowledge base is very limited but support is decent. You'll be writing them a lot, not with technical issues, but with questions about functionality. There's no community to speak of to after you sign up for Base, you feel like you're the only one using it.
June 13, 2017
Daniel W.
Realtor
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
January 11, 2018

“Very streamlined and efficient, user-friendly and easy to customize, great customer service.”

OverallBase made it easy for me to customize a CRM to exactly my needs, as well as bring all the functions of my business - from calls and emails to tracking deals and closings - into one place.
ProsI'm in the real estate field and I've used maybe a dozen different CRMs over the years, both for myself and at different companies. I've worked in Salesforce, Top Producer, and CINC extensively. I found Base on accident while I was trying out a handful of new CRMs to kick off a new independent venture, and it's easily the best one. It automatically logs a huge number of my activities so I don't have to take notes, includes a built-in phone system so I can make all calls through my computer quickly (and automatically track them), and it's really intuitive and easy to customize. Funny enough, I think one of their smartest "features" is that they give you a 30-day free trial on a full-service version of the software up front. Because it's a really intuitive system, getting a chance to click around in the CRM and test out how I would set it up made it clear quickly it was going to be an excellent option. PS - the customer service is fantastic. I'm admittedly a bit of a high-maintenance client, and they always respond quickly and with clear answers.
ConsThere are a few places here and there in the Base CRM that are missing small features - for example, there's currently no "Previous Lead" or "Next Lead" button on each lead page, you just have to go back to your lead list (similar to Salesforce). That said, none of these little features have slowed me down any, and they are extremely receptive to feature feedbacks and requests - based on their responses I'm confident that this CRM is just going to continue getting better as they continue adjusting to client feedback and ideas.
January 11, 2018
Chi .
March 6, 2014

“Intuitive, User Friendly GUI and Great Service Personnel”

OverallI felt one of the reviews was unfair and unhelpful. I hope this will help people in their decision making. To keep the review in context, I am part of a smaller business in financial services, where client numbers aren't in the multitudes. First off, I want to say that their customer contact personnel and support team are absolute stars. Very polite and attentive, they called me up within 2 minutes of finishing the tutorial to see if I had any questions. Second, they had a walk through tutorial! Unlike Insightly or 3 of the other CRM's I tested, Base did not just leave you to test it out on your own. They populated the account with a dummy setup to more thoroughly demonstrate its uses. On completion of the tutorial, they reset the account and let me tinker myself. The interface and functionality of Base is highly intuitive. After the initial walk through, I was able to determine how to create, edit and manage all the fields, filters, contact statuses, pipeline stages, etc. Finally it has connectivity with Office 365 and allows for email syncing... (however this has not been functioning fully for me) Now some issues I ran into, the syncing of my emails to base is a bit dicey. We use office 365 and Base can connect to it to sync emails. However, my emails aren't being received in base correctly. I can send mails, individually or in mass, via Base, but my mails don't automatically sync upon receiving at all. I have to use the Base plugin on Outlook to send the appropriate mails manually. While this is inconvenient, the staff have been very helpful and are working on it. Hopefully there is a resolution to this inconvenience.
Pros- Intuitive, User Friendly and generally refreshing to work with - Great tutorials and educational content via their blog - Support staff are attentive and helpful - Offers office 365 email connectivity (BIG +++)
Cons- Email Syncing is not working as intended (however this could be an isolated issue due to something on my end - currently troubleshooting)
March 6, 2014
Mary R.
Director of Sales
Construction, Unspecified
November 25, 2015

“BASE CRM: Love it!”

ProsBASE is clean and simple, yet powerfully effective as a CRM. It's intuitive, extremely user-friendly, supplies lots of video tutorials and access to the California team for FAQ's, and has all the features other, more complicated, expensive CRM's have. It allows you to tailor your database to fit your needs; and track sales, tasks, and pipeline projects in graphic form. It's affordable and has a great app for mobile phones that allows access to contacts, notes, tasks, and a workable platform while on the go in real time. It's simple to teach new users how to navigate and utilize. Adding or deleting users is simple, and access to the CRM information can be limited / private, or made public for the entire team to access. I feel like it's hip and cutting edge product; not at all stuffy.
ConsThe one complaint I have is when you do talk to a team member over the phone, there's a lot of background noise in their office. I also wish some of the commonly-used fields would transfer to new Contacts, like Phone Number and Industry so that those don't have to be retyped with new contact entry.
Recommendations to other buyersBe sure the CRM you evaluate has the features you need, yet isn't overwhelming. I've used Sales Force in the past, which required a few team trainings, was very complicated, and we spent lots of time just trying to figure out how to use its basic features. That program had so many features we never used, and it was extremely expensive. ACT was too simple.
November 25, 2015
Rick L.
June 10, 2017

“Easy to use, full-featured CRM”

OverallFlexible, scalable, intuitive CRM. I like that it integrates with a variety of other services and is easy to use. It stores a lot of information on our clients and has different alerts to remind you of events and task.
ProsI've been using Base now for the past four years. I've found it easy to use and intuitive. It integrates with several other systems. One feature I really appreciate is how it picks up and stores emails that are sent into a person's profile wether they are sent or received either internally or externally from Base. The ability to follow a sale through its different phases is also easy to use. The mobile app works interfaces icely with an iPhone and allows you to record Actions after the call. It is well organized, scalable and offers everything a small business needs in a CRM
ConsI wish there was an easier way to add photos to your contacts. It can pick a photo up if you have some social media information, but I have found the process cumbersome.
June 10, 2017
Brian B.
Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees
March 2, 2018

“The Base CRM app is for the truly organized. ”

OverallBase CRM is a customer relation mangement tool with a low price tag and high return. Check it out.
ProsI bought this in the iTunes App store a few years ago and remember it was a really good app. The only issue is its for the truly organized. I realize that I was not the type of salesman for this app. This app is for a salesman who truly sets appointments and needs to care about and follow up with his/her leads. It has goals and everything imaginable. I was just a simple windshield replacement guy who came for a one stop close and moved on. I also attempted using this for my sales as a home security guy but it never stuck with me. The reality is this is for larger sales and more "qualified" and traditional salesmen and businessmen. Check it out. If it is right for you you will appreciate it 100%. All that I said will make sense when you actually see it. It was cheap enough to have no money wasted .
March 2, 2018
Mandi D.
Construction, 1-10 employees
October 5, 2017

“Easiest CRM for on-the-go use”

Prosgreat mobile app. ability to see the number of times a client has viewed an email! Easy to use deals/opportunities function. Love that it automatically logs calls/emails to the relevant contact.
ConsI wish it had better integrations with other softwares. It has several that it integrates with, but the integrations are minimal at best and completely non-functional at worst. Better integration with accounting and digital marketing softwares would be nice for me and might be critical for other industries
October 5, 2017
Jessica R.
Operations Manager
Construction, 11-50 employees
February 2, 2017

“Base Crm”

OverallThe base is a great client tracking software. Offering high-level reporting, whole team call, and email monitoring, and a very good integrated mobile app Base gets the job done for keeping track of your internal communications.
ProsThe mobile app syncs with each team member's phone and creates activity reports for each client. At any given moment you can check to monitor all communications, email, and calls sent to each client by your team. The activity stream allows the admin to monitor all communications for each team member in one place and creates a log to archive client interaction historically.
ConsBase CRM works with a 3rd party quoting software integration. Which can be confusing during the transition with your team. The third party does offer email tracking to see if the clients are opening the emails and the actual proposal allows clients to choose from a selection of optional items that auto calculates into the final total as they decide which work to complete out of a list.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking for a system to easily track all calls and communications with clients, Base is it. As with most CRM, the data is only as good as what you are entering and if you do not have someone actively monitoring the final sales numbers and updating each client, your reporting features will not be correct.
February 2, 2017
Margaret S.
HR Manager
51-200 employees
September 7, 2017

“BASE”

ProsIt's easy to use. You can sync on mobile devices and desktop computer. It's great for groups and team work. Base works very well on a mobile phone, in my case an iPhone. It's very easy to navigate between the dashboard, to the leads, contacts deals tasks calendars and reports. you can even enter your email setting to save every email in the system regardless of where you send it from. Even when emailing from your computer software like Outlook or Mail, Base will grab this email and include it in your Base database.
ConsGoogle apps sync is really bad, users all over the world complain about the very poor solution it
September 7, 2017
Adam D.
Support Team
Management Consulting, Unspecified
2.5/5
August 25, 2016

“Fantastic CRM”

ProsBase's Support Team is fantastic. They flew out members of their team to get us set up. They gave shirts and other swag, and were a delight to deal with. Online support is fantastic, and quick. Base itself is easy to use, and has a streamlined work Flow. There software is very user friendly and modern. You can get up and running in a matter of days. Reach out to them and find out if their software will fit your needs. Either way, I'm sure they will be warm and welcoming to your team.
ConsWe ultimately moved away from base because there was no way to create some key API integrations that we needed in our industry. I occasionally imported a doc that resulted in a few hundred duplicate users. They could be cleaned up quickly, but still inconvenient. :(
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure that you check with you engineering team before buying. Switching CRMs can be time consuming, so make sure you are looking to your long term goal. I will tell you though, if ease of use was the only concern, no one would use Sales Force. Base is beautiful and can be learned in an hour of use.
August 25, 2016
Tyrone W.
Adjunct Professor
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
April 7, 2018

“Great modern day CRM”

ProsUnlike Salesforce, Base CRM was created in the cloud. It is a great sales and client communication tool. The best feature is the mobile app for Android that integrates with your text messaging.
ConsBase CRM is a bit more pricey than its competitors. Additionally, you have to pay for each employee that uses it as compared to paying for a group of individuals to have access.
April 7, 2018
Alex M.
Director of Client Experience
11-50 employees
February 13, 2019

“Great Sales Tool”

OverallUltimately, we love it and would recommend to anyone.
ProsWe love the app and the ease of use. It has been great for tracking sales and tasks associated with closing deals. It's also been great for ensuring collaboration and keeping everyone in the loop.
ConsWhen we do have technical issues (which is rare) it can sometimes take a full business day for support to respond. Not a huge deal because nothing is ever business-critical in nature, but it would be nice if they had a chat feature to live chat about quick questions.
February 13, 2019
Harry S.
Manager, Business Development
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
December 19, 2017

“Goof value, great service”

OverallOverall good product, with some small drawbacks.
ProsThe best aspect of this product is its flexibility and cross functional uses. I am able to manage from a sales operations standpoint and all of the reps are able to track and log from their mobile devices. The ability to customize the funnel stages is also critical to the way my company uses Base and makes our entire sales team far more efficient.
ConsThere are some drawbacks in the analytics side of Base CRM. I do not always have the ability to procure the reports that I need and must accomplish them in the excel outputs. It is a manual process but only for the folks doing a deeper dive into the analysis.
December 19, 2017
Anthony Z.
Realtor
Real Estate, 10,001+ employees
May 1, 2017

“Great Tool for Keeping All Your Clients Together”

ProsReally comprehensive. I found myself adding things to client profiles, interactions, and deals just to fill in and use all the features! Really fantastic for keeping everything related to a client and their deals organized.
ConsSome things are too specific and didn't fit perfectly with my work flow or type of business. The Client Space, while a fantastic idea, needs work. It's a bit user unfriendly on the client side. Also, it's pretty ugly which is a shame since the rest of Base looks so good.
May 1, 2017
Tia W.
Sales Director
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2016

“Great CRM ”

OverallI use Base daily to keep track of my notes and clients. I can upload files and import my emails so everything is in one place. Every day I go through my daily tasks and update my deals. The tool is easy to use with a lot of options.
ProsI really like to have everything in one place. All of my files, emails, tasks, contacts, notes, everything is all connected. Having it all in one place simplifies my life a lot. I also like that you can assign things to other people.
ConsThe mobile app is awful and rarely works.
Recommendations to other buyersNothing, just improve the mobile experience.
December 5, 2016
Susan W.
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
January 18, 2019

“improving now that it is merged with zendesk”

Overallin the past it was a love hate relationship. Now that they are merged with Zendesk it is getting much more positive.
Proscost effective way to do customer management
Consfeatures difficult to use or we don't even know they exist without a lot of digging. Changes are never announced in a way where we know what new features are launching
January 18, 2019
Ron A.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
December 18, 2014

“Base CRM review ”

ConsI haven't had any problems with Base, short of the speed in which it was working on cellular network. At first I needed to clarify myself with the terminology they use (i.e. what's the difference between a lead and a contact.) However, once I realized how they think about it and present it in the software, it all made sense.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it out. Once you get used to working with it, it will be very hard to work without it. One of the best things about Base is the way you can see the Sales Pipeline right in front of you at all times, so you can see how close or far you are from reaching your monthly or quarterly goals. The way you convert a lead to a contact is a snap. For those who aren't sure yet, check it out on YouTube. They have many videos explaining Base.
December 18, 2014
Sabrina B.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
December 27, 2017

“Easy Set-up and Very Functional”

OverallGreat CRM... Highly recommended!!!
ProsThis CRM was easy to set up and makes it easier to communicate with my team and keep them updated on the status of our clients.
ConsI would like the data fields to be more customizable. I would also like to have multiple ways to search for a lead in the CRM.
December 27, 2017
Will O.
September 26, 2018

“I implemented and used Base”

OverallVery pleased with Base. Good software and good people supporting it.
ProsIt has robust capability and is rather easy to learn how to use. Even with minimal time invested in training you can get a lot of use from the tool.
ConsThere are some navigational thing that are not intuitive to use. They work but you have to learn how to move around the way that they designed it.
September 26, 2018
Justin M.
Account Manager
September 7, 2016

“Everything I have ever wanted in A CRM”

ProsBase is great for small companies that want to get started with a CRM that has fantastic user support, easy information entry, and fantastic smart lists. If you are a company that has between 100 to about 2000 clients, you will love Base and their team. It's powerful, and can be taught in a day and shows users value from day one.
ConsLet's face it, you are town between using Base or Salesforce, and so were were. While base is cost effective in the beginning, we spent hundreds of engineering hours trying to migrate to Salesforce eventually, resulting in a negative savings. While I love Base for it's simplicity, if you know you will one day move, move to Salesforce today. Maybe one day Base will offer the amount of features and integrations that Salesforce has, but not today.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you do your research ahead of time, or you can find yours back pedaling up a steep mountain. Compare costs, and evaluate what your team will need 5 years down the road.
September 7, 2016
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
March 20, 2018

“Base CRM is an awesome enterprise CRM and personal productivity tool”

ProsAutomatic email, call, and text tracking, great full-featured mobile app, powerful and super intuitive web interface.
ConsLack of out of the box integrations compared to less user-friendly tools like Salesforce or Zoho, additional products from Base (reach prospecting / apollo) that extend functionality only available to larger teams
March 20, 2018
Calvn D.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
May 25, 2017

“I am glad i found base”

OverallFull featured CRM for a fraction of the cost
ProsI found base to be extremely easy to use. It had all the essential features of a SALES focused CRM. We do a lot of direct mail marketing so it was important that we had a system that allowed us to easily maintain various contact list and tag them appropriately
ConsAlthough it is a Sales focused CRM i would at least like to see the ability to group leads or contacts into campaigns in the future. Right now we accomplishing this by simply adding tags.
May 25, 2017
11-50 employees
December 5, 2017

“Easy, convenient, effective ”

OverallInformation all in one. Easy access to notes. Email synced to notification for appts or follow ups.
ProsAll the information for a client is stored into one. You can see if an email was sent outside of Base or if an email that was sent from Base was opened and if so, how many times.
ConsIt does sometimes shut down and if so it does for hours. Believe they may have fixed the glitch though as it has not happened in some time
December 5, 2017
November 22, 2017

“Excellent CRM”

ProsThis product was the 4th CRM our company tried before we found the customization we were looking for. This program currently manages customer contacts and all job information for 7 different construction supply companies under our umbrella. We couldn't be happier!
ConsThey will customize A LOT...However, some things they just aren't willing to change. I understand, but it can be a little disappointing.
November 22, 2017
Cole G.
Director Of Strategic Partnerships & Key Accounts
Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees
February 12, 2019

“One of the best CRM's around”

OverallWe didn't want our entry level sales reps to have access to the information for CEO's and other C-level contacts. Our old CRM didn't let us assign access. Only what people could change within a contact.
ProsWe needed to find a CRM that would allow us to assign access at different levels. Other CRM's had fallen short for this.
ConsIt's a little more expensive than I like if you want to use all the features.
February 12, 2019
Doug M.
July 12, 2018

“My favorite CRM”

ProsBase has taken away all the manual entry that sales reps complain about. The mobile app is excellent and allows the sales reps to instantly update their activity, accounts, and pipeline.
ConsThey should continue to look at integrating their system into more software programs that will add value to a sales reps and business capabilities, while keeping Base a very sales a focused program.
July 12, 2018
Eric D.
Account Manager
Construction, 51-200 employees
February 28, 2017

“Fantastic and easy to use”

OverallI have done a lot of research and used a lot of CRM. Base far exceeds the expectations I had for it. It is extremely customizable to fit your specific needs. The interface is very user friendly and puts all of the information you want to see in one place. The customer service is fantastic. The cost is a little more expensive than some of the other CRMs. But I am a firm believer in "You Get What You Pay For." With Base you get that an more. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quality CRM.
ProsEasy to use, Fully Integratable with other systems through their open API. Everything you need is in one place.
ConsSet up costs are a little high.
February 28, 2017
Matthew H.
VP Business Development
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
June 28, 2016

“Excellent solution”

OverallBase is a very intuitive, easy to use, CRM. It has a very streamlined sales pipeline interphase, a simple contact managment data entry format and custom data fields that are simple to set up and very useful for tracking unique datasets.
ProsThe user interphase, ease of integration with Google Apps, the platform and the price.
ConsThe steep increase to get the professional suite of tools.
Recommendations to other buyersI think this is an excellent solution for start-ups, with room to grow and an extremely shallow learning curve.
June 28, 2016
Derek B.
March 13, 2015

“Base - a good product for small companies”

ProsBase is really simple to use and has invested a lot in continuously making the user interface clean and intuitive. We really like the visualness of watching deals move through the pipeline.
ConsAt the time of our use, it lacked some of the more sophisticated reporting you would find in some of the major CRM providers. We found it difficult for each functional area (Sales, Account Relations, Support) to use - it served better as a deal tracking tool.
Recommendations to other buyersI would encourage anyone evaluating Base to think through your company growth and future potential needs of a CRM. It was great in our early days and really helped us build and structure our pipeline; however, I feel like we outgrew the product as the team grew.
March 13, 2015
Jonathan S.
Product Manager
Automotive, 11-50 employees
August 23, 2018

“Base is a solid foundation”

OverallGreat product. Simply CRM for any small and large company.
ProsI love Base and have used them for years! They have a very solid web and mobile application that does exactly what you need it to do, track sales! Its super easy and one that I was drawn to early in my sales career because it was so easy to get started.
ConsI would love the ability to test more of their newer apps on a trial basis. Right now it is invite only.
August 23, 2018
Alan S.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 28, 2018

“Helps my sales team to manage prospects”

ProsBase CRM has been helpful for my sales team to manage the prospects. It helps the team to be accountable and they understand the status of the prospects and the next step to perform with them.
ConsDeals can be created with the prospects and the tasks can be assigned to the sales team via this CRM. Helps with visual statistics.
February 28, 2018
Desirae S.
Data Quality Professional
Farming, 1-10 employees
April 19, 2017

“Base CRM”

OverallOverall this is a decent CRM for a young company. However, as with any CRM, you need to sit down and do your homework. Look at where your business is now and where you want it to be in a few years. Will you outgrow this app quickly or will it serve your needs well over the long term. If you feel you may outgrow the app in short order, you may want to consider jumping right over to Salesforce rather than try to migrate your data. If you feel this app will serve your company and users well over several years, it is a solid option.
ProsWhat I liked best about this app is that it is fully integratable with other systems, and has great native mobile apps.
ConsWhat I liked least about this product was the ease of use, there is a bit of a learning curve. Also, the setup costs are a bit high.
April 19, 2017
Christian F.
GA
Primary/Secondary Education, Unspecified
July 12, 2015

“Beautiful interface and smart features on top of a solid CRM system”

ProsThe "underdog" of the modern CRM marketplace offers a beautiful user interface with an exceptional mobile platform and some smart features, such as the process-driven conversion of contacts to leads or the sales funnel analysis. What makes this system very intuitive is the integration of many familiar elements, such as tags, drag and drop functionality, and smart filters.
ConsI would consider the dashboard base's "achilles' heel". While it was not a major problem during my evaluation, it already became cluttered with updates. Unlike most of the other areas, the dashboard does not offer many visual cues that would help in getting a quick(er) overview. Qualifying my statement, the mobile applications appear to be better designed in that regard.
Recommendations to other buyersI strongly recommend to develop a set of business cases before testing this (or really any) software, especially when you compare it to other systems. It makes it easier to quickly see differences and allows you to stay somewhat objective. When comparing platforms, I also suggest to assess whether mobile access to the CRM system is a crucial element or not. A "beautiful" app can sometimes be misleading.
July 12, 2015
Rupert E.
Telecommunications, Unspecified
June 30, 2015

“Decent CRM system for small businesses with mobile app support.”

ProsBase CRM have a decent entry level (price and proposition) point that allows most small businesses get started with CRM. The fact that it also includes mobile app support (across iOS, Android and Windows) is commendable also.
ConsI found the sync of contacts with the system and the plugins it uses caused a bit of my mess in my contacts. It was a minor gripe but something that over time became more tedious.
Recommendations to other buyersUse the free trial and make sure the product does what you need it to. As an off the shelf product it can;t be tweaked too much, but from a business perspective it should fit 80% + of most needs.
June 30, 2015
Gregory B.
Programmer
Medical Practice, 1001-5000 employees
April 13, 2018

“A very nice sales pipeline with nice editing and filtering features”

ProsNice user interface. Nice ability to edit data on custom lists without needing to open a form. Pretty easy to create and filter lists, then store the configuration for later. Email integration is nice for storing all your conversations. Base handled the import well and was good at working with our sales people.
ConsSupport is only by email and often takes a day to answer your question. Although you can customize by adding fields and manipulating views, there are aspects of the pipeline you can't change. The help system and documentation leaves a good deal to be desired when digging into the system.
April 13, 2018
Amanda W.
BDM
December 14, 2017

“Ease of use and clean interface ”

ProsI found the system to be really easy to use and integrated well with other software programs. The interface was also clean which I think improved navigation.
ConsWhen my team ran into a problem with the software, customer service wasn't the easiest to get a hold of.
December 14, 2017
Don H.
Primary/Secondary Education, Unspecified

“Great user interface”

ProsBase was intuitive to use and offered a great service with solid user experience. Rather than throwing a lot of features and functionality on a platform, Base created a sound workflow.
ConsBase still has some catching up to do to compete with the giants like Salesforce in terms of offerings and apps. However, if the target market continues to be small to mid size companies rather than corporate giants, that may not be necessary.
Recommendations to other buyersPut heavy consideration towards the feature sets that meet your needs when evaluating, but don't look over the usability and efficiency of use.
Jerry T.
Vice President
March 26, 2015

“Great starter CRM for our start-up company”

ProsThe simplicity of Base help us move from clunky Excel/Word tracking systems into a straightforward CRM system with ease and at a relatively low expense. This was the first CRM we used when we were just ramping up our sales efforts for our start-up company.
ConsAt the time, Base served our needs very well, so I don't have a "like least" comment.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're not looking for a overly complex and expensive CRM, I would take a good look at Base. It helped us get our sales cycle going in the first year of our start-up company, which was a critical time in the success of our company today.
Daniel B.
January 9, 2018

“easy to use”

Prosfast interfase with easy access to contact and deals with just a few clicks and the ability to send and receive messages
ConsDoes not support email integration similar to constant contact or mailchimp or social media interaction features
January 9, 2018
Trinity R.
Sales Manager
Utilities, Unspecified
1.5/5
July 6, 2016

“Good for product based sales, but not so much for services”

ProsIt has a user-friendly interface with a good number of tutorials and webinars to help you learn the ins and outs of Base.
ConsIt is still growing to meet the needs of clients that have very specific needs with more customization. It also isn't designed for a service that has recurring monthly payments and service offerings. For example, Base itself has three paid levels. To organize a pipeline for those sales, you would either have to recreate a deal every month, or leave them in the pipeline forever. Neither of those is a great option, and the reporting features are rather useless when the latter option (which we do) is used. Since they never truly "close," since they are recurring, and even a lower level service commitment is still a revenue generator for us, the reports cannot give helpful information.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure that you really evaluate what you need in a CRM, and find the one that meets your business needs. For a business that just needs a simple, out-of-the-box CRM, Base is a great option. If you need some deep customizability, then you may want to look elsewhere.
July 6, 2016