GroundsKeeper Pro Ratings

Overall

About GroundsKeeper Pro

GroundsKeeper Pro is specialized Business Management Software for the Landscaping and Lawn Care Industries. Our industry specific software features include billing & invoicing, routing, scheduling, estimating & accounting. Download a free trial today! The GroundsKeeper Pro software is only a 1 time cost of $479.00. Plus, we offer a 4-Payment Plan. Learn more about GroundsKeeper Pro

Dan D.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
August 23, 2018

“Upgrades”

OverallNeed to have the ability to send out invoice out to more than 1 email account.. figure out how to optimize the scheduling , so you use a starting point, and the list will optimize the traveling.. Last but least.. need to create phone app, so my workers can use there phones, instead of me printing the schedule for each person.
ProsGreat , just needs some new updates that I have listed below. So let me know if they are in the works
ConsScheduling , need to optimize my schedules so my drivers drive from a start point to each property.. I have to use Google maps.

By Adkad Technologies on August 28, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to give us your suggestions for our software. Your feedback will help to shape the future of our software, software updates and overall way of doing business. We appreciate the unique opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our customers and are eager to gather ideas on how our software can be improved. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate your time and effort in providing this feedback to us.
August 23, 2018
Eric S.
Chemicals, 1-10 employees
February 15, 2017

“The Software is mediocre at best”

OverallThere customer service is terrible. These guy wont do anything unless you have some sort of support package. They are sneaky in giving a temporary registration number, and then sending another registration number that I guess is permanent maybe? But if you delete or lose this information they are always trying to extract more money out of you. After you have already purchased their product. Instead of trying to train someone they want you to watch tutorials, so they can simply do nothing and get paid for it. Pretty much how insurance works also another huge rip off.
ProsThere is not one feature on this program that doesn't need additional help in order to be better at what it was designed for. I am also positive that whoever designed the program has never in their whole life has owned a lawn mowing company or has ever done the actual job of Lawn Care. The only positive thing I can say is it is decent at best at storing information. Just hope your computer never crashes because I have a feeling that it will be like pulling teeth for them to restore it for you and you better bring your pocket book.
Conseverything about this program needs improvement. And someone from their office needs to actually do lawn care. I made a suggestion to a gentleman on the phone trying to improve his company and he acted like I was stupid. I have been taught to listen to customer feed back and correct any flaws they may see in any work that I have been in.
Recommendations to other buyersListen to your customers when they suggest something to you. It was like I was speaking to a automated message the guy kept repeating himself over and over. anything I said was the exact same answer. Pitiful Poor product DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE there has to be something out there that is way better than these people.

By Adkad Technologies on December 28, 2017
Adkad offers a Silver support annual plan, when renewed yearly, is as low as $40 for the years subscription. The GroundsKeeper Pro software is so easy to use most don't need training but they do offer that service also. Please refer to their website for details on support. Adkad welcomes all user feedback to help improve their software products and has a link on their website for user suggestions. Updates are regularly released when new features are added and/or bugs are fixed. There are thousands upon thousands of happy users in the Adkad family of software products. The temporary registration number is necessary to be able to offer a 4 payment plan and also a 30 day money back guarantee. At the end of the 4 months the software gives a message and with 1 simple click of a button, the permanent registration number is generated for free, and is sent via email & regular mail. The Adkad Software has no annual or monthly fees. Refer to the End User Agreement on their website.
February 15, 2017
Tim W.
November 9, 2015

“400 customers or less, its great”

OverallWhen building a business from scratch this is perfect. Easy to understand and use. It works well to add and schedule customers, invoicing is very easy also. Very easy to enter charges and apply payments. Not very good if you need to work on more than one computer, you will need to build a server/network to link them and you have to manually run backups. It does not integrate with a credit card processor anymore and is missing some very minor details that you would think they would add. Long story short, great for start up - 4/5 employees but once you get past that it will not work to build a business with 10,000 customers like the program will hold. The people and the product are great and if you make it to the point where you need a bigger system you will not regret starting with this.

By Adkad Technologies on November 10, 2015
Thank you for the review! Our software was specifically designed for the small to medium size lawn care maintenance service company or landscape industry businesses. We offer easy to use desktop/laptop/tablet software at a lower cost (1 time fee) than the other web based software products that charge monthly fees. No training needed on our software product either :). Thanks again -Adkad Technologies
November 9, 2015
Darton D.
Self-employed
April 11, 2018

“Great Integration and Functionality”

ProsI really enjoy how well it integrates with the software I already have in place. It's easy to set up.
ConsIt can be more that I need at times and could benefit from some more customization features. It doesn't have the best support.
April 11, 2018
Melanie B.
Consumer Services, Unspecified
June 10, 2016

“GroundsKeeper - User-Friendly Software”

ProsGK is easy to use; Adkad offers good customer support.
ConsWe have had problems with it on small network setup. If GK is open on a machine and the server goes down, it creates a problem with database.
Recommendations to other buyersThis software platform has worked well for our company for many years. It is easily learned and has been a valuable tool with our customer database and scheduling services.
June 10, 2016
J B.
October 14, 2015

“Happy Customer!”

OverallI have used Groundskeeper Pro for a while, but I decided recently to purchase the new version (GroundsKeeper Pro v7.0.2). I am very glad I did. I really like the improvements they have made. They have changed the way the email function works and it is now much better. The emailed invoice is sent as a viewable and printable PDF. That is so much more convenient for me. In addition, they added the ability to email any report, including estimates and contracts, not just the invoices. In my opinion, this software has easy-to-understand screens. It fits my small business needs and, unlike other software, it didn't take long to learn! I am not tech savvy, so if I do have a question, I call and they seem genuinely glad to help. I also appreciate the no monthly fees! That is impossible to find in the software industry. Thank you Groundskeeper Pro! I am very happy with my purchase!
October 14, 2015
Craig S.
June 17, 2014

“Great software”

OverallVery easy interface to navigate. Close to bring perfect. At the current time, it lacks ability to email estimates directly from software. Needs ability to have them pack and ship bills. Needs a cloud to upload customer balances to, so you can check payments/balances while on the road. If they did these, it would be perfect. (And write a version for Mac). Great software!

By Adkad Technologies on June 18, 2014
Thanks! Watch for our next update v7 due out near the end of 2014 where you will be able to email estimates and bulk email invoices all at once with one easy click.
June 17, 2014
Ken H.
January 24, 2014

“Good for the price”

OverallStarted using the software about 2 years ago and I have to say I am impressed with the programs simplicity and ease of use, that's why I gave it 5 stars. Wish it did more with inventory but can't complain given that the software is a one time fee of under $400. Customer service is good but I gave it only 4 stars because I live in California and they are on the east coast. Pros - Love the invoices, routing, and scheduling. Cons - Needs inventory control.
January 24, 2014
Ken H.
January 30, 2014

“A Must Buy”

OverallBought Grounds Keeper Pro about 2 years ago and have not found anything better for the money, (Only $400). I looked around for about 6 months before I purchased. Very easy to use, and I'm a computer idiot. The routing, scheduling and automation features really speed up the billing process. I have always gotten a real person when I call and their support staff is great.
January 30, 2014
Kevin D.
January 27, 2015

“After 3 years of use”

OverallThe good: Easy to get started and set up. Pretty intuitive The bad: Not polished at all. Many no-brainer features are missing that end up wasting a ton of your time. Example: not being able to reschedule multiple jobs at the same time. Company has been promising an update for several years - nothing seems to be happening. Childish appearance and not standard controls/layout Not very customizable Scheduling portion of the software is clunky, featureless, terrible. Glitchy. I'm currently looking to change to a different field software...still investigating other options.

By Adkad Technologies on January 27, 2015
Update 7.0.1 released on Jan 7th 2015 http://www.adkad.com/learn-more/learn-more-groundkeeper-pro-update.cfm
January 27, 2015