Administrator's Plus Ratings

Overall

About Administrator's Plus

Our cloud-based PK-12 school administrative software solution is trusted by thousands of schools worldwide. Save time and money with easy-to-use software for Attendance, Scheduling, Web Gradebook, Report Cards, Discipline, Online Forms, Billing, Accounting, Web Portals, Mobile Apps, Library, Admissions with Online Applications and Forms, Development and much more. Learn more about Administrator's Plus

Carrie D.
Registrar
May 2, 2017

“Admin+ is the perfect database solution for our school. All-inclusive, easy to use & well supported”

OverallEverything in one place. Makes me more efficient and effective in my job. I use less paper and can do more work online. Allows my "clients", aka, students, parents & teachers, to be more independent.
ProsThe comprehensive nature of the software and ability to extract needed data quickly. It is fairly easy to use, for a database system. Customer support is top notch, always quick to respond and willing to assist. There are multiple modules associated with Admin+ and we use almost all of them. It is nice to have everything in one place without having to hop between software each time we need to run a bill, check attendance, run a transcript, change teachers class lists, etc. We appreciate the customer support the most!
ConsSome limitations on data management and exports in terms of unique family dynamics. (i.e. split households) and between students & schedules. As an example, I cannot pull all emails of students taking AP classes into a spread sheet, I have to export names and search class lists by subject and update my name spread sheet.
Jeff S.
Director of I.T.
May 31, 2014

“Administrator's Plus”

OverallThere is probably not enough space to write about how amazing Administrator's Plus (Admin Plus as its referred to at our school) is. Whether talking about all the features and components that Admin Plus has to the second to none tech support, Admin Plus holds a critical role in supporting the mission of our school. Having used Administrator's Plus since the "days of DOS" to the present utilizing Administrator's Plus cloud based features, Rediker continues to develop and evolve to maintain itself as a leader in school information systems. The Rediker team is in tune with the needs and wants of school administrators and support staff and develop programs that are relevant and practical for school administrators. Administrator's Plus has an easy to use interface. Many options and features can be accessed in multiple ways (using keyboard shortcuts, using right click on the mouse, using a menu item at the top of the screen, etc) which allows for users with different skill levels to access and enter information in a way they are comfortable with. There are hundreds of customizable reports that can be generated. These reports also have the capability to be emailed directly from within Administrator's Plus. If more customizable data is needed for third party programs or uploads, don't worry, all data can be easily exported to customizable excel spreadsheets. Another great feature is the portfolio option. This attaches any kind of document/picture/graphic to a student's or staff member's record. Can we say the inevitable paperless office! Lastly, you cannot mention Administrator's Plus without talking about the Rediker customer support and customer relationships. The tech support is very responsive and helpful. They patiently can walk you through any module of Administrator's Plus and even remote in to help more complicated questions or issues that might arise. Through tech support, road shows, and general communications, Rediker values their relationships with their customers. The roadshows that are intended for prospective customers are often attended by current Rediker customers. I am not sure of many other companies would feel that confident of their product that they would risk that. Overall, Administrator's Plus is an amazing product. I would highly recommend this to any school of any size. The program is completely customizable for the school with a student population of 150 or 3,000!
May 31, 2014
Tina` M.
Education Management, 201-500 employees
May 8, 2017

“It meets my needs and allows be to function efficiently.”

OverallI am able to track all my student and staff data and information. And then I'm able to extract data to be used for other parts of my job. So basically, this software allows me to function and do my job.
ProsThe Lookup feature and the Export to Excel feature -- and so of course, everything else between those that make my work very possible. i appreciate the big task that goes into creating an SIS; but that you are able to respond to our needs outside of the database such as exporting data is a boon.
ConsThat the Lookup cannot be used to enter data as one would Excel. I know, it's a future feature, maybe -- which goes to show that I've found little that I do not like about the software. There is the Schedule Builder which I really do not enjoy working on -- but then scheduling is a beast in itself -- so it's not necessarily the software per se. And then there is the Contacts Database -- that, I do not comprehend what you're aiming for in that one.
Candace C.
Information System Specialist
May 2, 2017

“Very good - we have had Admin Plus for 15 + years.”

Pros1. How flexible the software is for each user. You can customize any report, screens, etc. 2. The core support staff has remained fairly constant over the years and are very pleasant to work with. 3. While I have not been in a while, when I was a newer user I went to the training seminars - they were great. I especially found the evenings when there was time to sit with programmers very productive - I got lots of little things taken care of during those times.
Cons1. How flexible the software is for each user! Often after updates some specs need to be "touched" for users. 2. While understandable, at the busy times of year is it hard to get through to support. 3. We are Cloud hosted, and some processes seem slow. 4. The Silverlight/HTML5 issue has been a strain. While much better now, we lost some trust with the teachers over this.
Obaida A.
Technology Ninja
May 15, 2014

“Admin Plus: More Awesome Than Time-Travel”

OverallRediker is awesome. Moving to Admin Plus was one of the best decisions we ever made. Our old SIS was like using a broken abacus. In the mud. With your feet. Admin Plus is like having a DeLorean with a flux capacitor that goes 88 mph (Hoverboard sold separately). This is only our second year using the program but it has already vastly improved many areas of our work from report cards to registration and everything in between. We have the power and flexibility to quickly access information in ways that were impossible back in the stone-tablet-and-chisel days before we adopted Admin Plus. The reaction from my co-workers when showing them features of the software is often the same shock and amazement that street magicians get (except maybe with slightly-less profanity). As great as Admin Plus is, what truly sets Rediker apart is their amazing staff. I've never seen this level of support, responsiveness and helpfulness from any other company. I can probably name 20 of their employees because of how often I have corresponded with them and because the positive experience has stuck in my head (I'm mystified that they haven't blocked my e-mails and phone calls given how often I bother them). Our trainer, Cloid, has spent more time teaching me the software outside of our scheduled training sessions than he has during them (and often responds to my ridiculously-late-night e-mails in minutes). I've received phone calls from Sharon, a support representative, hours after she got off work because she got the answer to my question and didn't want me to wait until morning to receive it. I once e-mailed Rediker's CEO, Rich, at 1:38am on a Saturday morning telling him we could not access Admin Plus. I got a response at 8:48am on the same day telling me the issue was fixed, explaining what happened and what steps would be taken to prevent this from happening in the future. Seriously, who does that? Rediker does and it's the reason we love working with them and have purchased more of their products. Thanks for making fantastic products and for forcing me to modify my long-running "customer service is dead" decree. It now reads, "Why can't the rest of you people be more like Rediker?"
May 15, 2014
Jarryd B.
May 11, 2017

“Very accomodating support team that makes the chnges we neeed when we need them!”

OverallHaving a centralied database with the capabilities of this program allws us the ability to have more fluid work flows and generate reports quickly.
ProsMy favorite part of the software is the portabilty when using the app. As an administrator, you need access to information when you are out in thebuidingor elsewhere on campus. Pair that portability with the multiple services offered and you have the total package for an LMS and databse combination. Very pleased with this program.
ConsIf there was a con for this software, I would say it is the inability to respond to parent generated emails from the plus portals side of tghe program. When they send it from the system, you cant reply directly. Very small gripe considering the communication benefit.
Jay S.
Director of Information Systems
May 8, 2019

“Not Truly Web Based, There Are Better Options Now”

OverallWe have been successful with Admin Plus, yet we fully intend to move on from it once our contract is up. My main take is that this company is suffering from some serious "paralysis by analysis", and/or lacks the development resources to pull them out of a humongous hole of technical debt. While almost all their competitors have moved to truly web based applications across the board (most of them many years ago), Rediker has surely known it must do this to survive yet here we are many years later and they have no web based Admin Plus to show us, it remains the clunky outdated Windows app. That's some combination of poor strategy, poor leadership, and poor execution.
ProsIt does cover all you need out of a Student Information System: attendance, enrollments, grading, report cards etc. In theory I like that it's made by a privately owned company. Support is responsive. Training was good. I have an outstanding sales rep. It costs less than many other competitors.
ConsIt's not truly a web based application, you access a Windows application via a remote connection. This is hands down the biggest shortcoming and it is a big one. User Interface is very clunky and outdated, which does result in things taking longer to do than they should. To be clear, the GradeBook and Parent Portal are web based but the main Admin Plus app is not. While they bill the Rediker suite as an integrated solution, it's actually a bunch of modules cobbled together via API, so it's not much different in practice from using disparate products made by different companies. While in theory I like the private company aspect, in practice it seems they just don't have the resources to compete.
May 8, 2019
Jill G.
May 3, 2017

“Great Student Information System”

OverallEasy enough survey software.
ProsI love the ease of use. This is the third school that I implement the program for. I can track any item that I need to track without needing a program change. You can call support and receive assistance within a couple of minutes for any issues that you may have. It can handle simple schedules and more complex schedules with just a click of a button. The fact that this system was initially created by an educator makes it useful and purposeful.
ConsWe have some internet issues that slow and sometimes drop the program. In particular in the morning there can be issues with attendance. The network version was much quicker.
Joseph L.
September 10, 2015

“Not as integrated as one would hope. Needs a redesign”

OverallOur school has been using Admin Plus, Teacher's Plus Gradebook, Plus Portals, and Forms for three years. The first impressions is that different modules have different look and feel. I believe that Rediker has developed software for years but hasn't taken the time to redesign some older modules to work with recent ones. Some newer modules (i.e Portals) work better than older ones. Some modules don't communicate with each other at all which is very frustrating. The underlying database seems to have enough fields and capabilities to be able to accommodate our school. However, in order to customize screens you basically have to go into "programming" mode that is not very intuitive for end users. We have to provide a full-time person to write reports because it is a very technical task. When doing lookups of data, the options are very limited. AdminPlus is pretty slow as we are running the cloud option. After a while this becomes annoying because of the extra seconds on every click that users must go through. Whenever you are trying to do Excel exports or you want to upload files to the portfolio, the files must be placed on a temporary server located at their location. It adds an extra unnecessary step. As a matter of fact, the software is full of unnecessary steps. To first log on in the morning, you have to go to four different screens. When you are finally logged in, you have to go and close the other two windows that the program left open in the logon process. I have to say that technical support is pretty good. They are accessible and knowledgeable. However, we find ourselves having to call them way more than we would wish. The pricing is confusing. Between last year and this year they changed our pricing from school to a per student pricing. We originally bought this software because it was cheaper than Blackbaud. However, I feel that with the nickel and diming in our bills, I am not sure we are saving money. Purchasing a whole school system is a difficult process. We are now in the process of deciding whether to bite the bullet and change again to something else. I wish we would have seen more than the "demo" when we first purchased. The little things about this software will ruin your work day. This is death by a thousand cuts.

By Rediker Software on September 14, 2015
Joseph, thank you for your frank and incisive observations. User feedback has always been an essential driver behind Rediker Software¿s product development, service delivery model, and pricing options. You have clearly seen that our newest offerings represent significant strides forward. PlusPortals in particular demonstrates our commitment to providing the best possible software for schools, families and communities. We are working on the challenging and time intensive project of moving all of our systems, including AdminPlus, to next generation web platforms. Obviously, this is not as quick a process as we would all wish. Once finished, however, it will allow us to deliver all the great features we currently offer, plus a lot more, with a much improved and modernized user experience. And, we will accomplish this while continuing to provide the industry-leading level of support that you and your fellow users have come to expect.
September 10, 2015
Jonathan J.
Director of Technology and Operations
July 30, 2015

“Outstanding! Great software that adapts to the constantly changing environment of schools.”

OverallI have used Administrator's Plus for five years at two different schools. Both of them are independent schools, which don't necessarily follow the norm. AP has almost everything you could ask for in a database built in, even when you don't follow the state standards. Need a custom schedule, no problem. Custom reports, not an issue. The training provided along with the purchase of Admin Plus is top notch, and the support doesn't end after the onsite and online training. It continues as long as you are a customer, and stays top notch, no matter how many times you call or email. It's integration with all the other modules and third party software Rediker has available is seamless, as well as the online tools that are provided. The only cons I can think of are its cloud interface (which I understand is going to change in the next year) and the complexity of its report writing. Of course, once you have attended a workshop or spent some time in training, the last issue disappears for the most part, and tech support is always a call or email away, and has always been able to help me through writing a new custom report. Overall I would highly recommend Administrator's Plus to any school or district. If you want a company that listens to its customers, provides plenty of opportunities for training, has excellent customer service and support, and provides software that stays on the cutting edge, look no further than Rediker and their Administrator's Plus School Office Suite.

By Rediker Software on August 5, 2015
Rediker Software is committed to schools and educators and has been for over 35 years. It is great to hear that our school management system has worked so well for you at multiple schools. We will continue to offer the best customer service, support and training in the industry, while constantly offering innovative products and solutions. Thank you and we hope you can join us again soon for another training workshop!
July 30, 2015
Nichole N.
May 2, 2017

“Easy to use. Customer support long wait times. ”

OverallEasily accessible data that meets most needs of the support staff.
Pros The program allows uses a wide variety of options from database, scheduling, admissions, etc. We find all material to be easily accessible.
ConsWe often find that there are too many ways to perform the same tasks, leading different users to have several ways of completing the same task. In addition, the software is excellent, however, we pay a great deal of money to use it and training costs are FAR TOO HIGH for us to be able to regularly send new office personnel to them. This leads to many, many calls to the support desk.
Patricia B.
Assistant Principal
May 3, 2017

“Comprehensive System, Easy to Navigate”

OverallOver and above the benefit of the general benefits of a student information system, the super database tables and the Excel Wizard allow me to store and analyze data that is valuable for our decision making process.
ProsI like the tabs for different pages and modules that are set up for specific information and rights assigned to users. I also really like the Excel Wizard and the E-Mail features. Support is wonderful!!
ConsI sometimes struggle with the necessary codes for writing reports and understanding when information is pulled from contacts and/or the database fields.
Rosanne G.
May 2, 2017

“Generally good! And if I have trouble, tech support is fantastic.”

Overallintegration with gradebook and portal; notify for easy calling/texting.emailing - one version of the truth!
ProsCompany is responsive to input and feedback. Generally easy to use. Meets needs of all the variety of constituents. integration with plusportals is great.
Consreport writer coding is painful! - Sometimes it seems that the modules were written by different people as they don't "act" similarly. - Too many clicks to get to one thing. - printing reports when using weblink is difficult. Would like more training videos.
Kathy Z.
May 3, 2017

“Administrator's Plus offers the best in school administrative software. Everything in one program.”

ProsI love the ease of use and the ability to purchase only what our school needs. All programs work together seamlessly. Reports are easy to create. Rediker listens to the customer's needs and works their hardest to add it to their programs. Customer support is a 5 star+ rating. This company treats you like family.
ConsThere isn't anything I do not like about this software. If I have to come up with something I would have to say, I wish I had found it sooner.
Jo Ann F.
Registrar & Asst. to President

“comprehensive, multiple features”

OverallIntegrated scheduling and reporting
ProsExcellent customer support for any type of problem, although wait times can be long. There are many features that can be used - report cards, transcripts, scheduling.
ConsIt can be so convoluted to use, not intuitive or user friendly. F-1, F-6 keys. For example, the system tells you that someone else is logged in as supervisor, even though what happened is the internet failed and the system dropped rather than being closed properly.
Joseph H.
Teacher
June 7, 2015

“Disappointing...”

OverallFirst and foremost, Rediker is a piecemeal system that was obviously developed over the course of time without any sort of major revision to consolidate the numerous products into one cohesive system. At our school we currently use both their AdminPlus (which is terrible) and their PortalsPlus including gradebook (which is a decent system, if you didn't have to suffer through AdminPlus). The AdminPlus (and this is the updated version since we use the cloud) ifs extremely difficult to even get into, including two separate logins just to access the AdminPlus. Using AdminPlus feels like a program from the 90's. It is difficult to navigate AdminPlus because it is a patchwork of coding that leaves the user searching through several levels of menus that make no sense and have no rhyme or reason why a specific item is under the menu. The other crazy quark of this system is the endless need to sync data so that it is current, except that many times this only complicates simple tasks such as collecting grades to print report cards. Trying to make any sense of AdminPlus only gets worse if you try to look for help in their manuals since most of them are dated 10+ years ago and the software has undergone many revisions and updates. Additionally, communication with the support staff generally means that you, the user, will somehow be blamed for the quarks of their system since you were unaware that a setting under several layers of menus was turned on and shouldn't have been. PortalsPlus and Gradebook would really make Rediker an excellent software for schools to use except that you have to put up with AdminPlus. PortalsPlus and Gradebook are both modern and efficient. It is strange to me that AdminPlus and PortalsPlus/Gradebook are even made by the same company since they are so different in functionality. Whereas AdminPlus as I stated above is difficult to use, PortalsPlus and Gradebook are the exact opposite. If we weren't mandated to use Rediker by our diocese we would have chosen another software that isn't so time consuming to use.

By Rediker Software on June 8, 2015
Joseph, Thank you for sharing your feedback about our system. Our portals and web gradebook are newer products that show our commitment to providing the best software for schools, families and communities. We are currently hard at work on the next generation of AdminPlus. It will combine all the great features that deliver real-world results for schools with a new and improved user experience. Last year we launched redikersupport.com to offer more ways for educators to find the help they need and collaborate with each other in our Users Forum. We are expanding our support team to meet the documentation needs of our constantly growing family of schools. Rediker Software
June 7, 2015
Jill G.
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
February 7, 2018

“One of the best SIS systems that I have used.”

OverallEase of use, track any type of data that we want, support that is responsive...
ProsIt allows you to track whatever data that you want. The initial set up is easy and it is easy to generate reports on just about any thing that you have data on.
ConsThe web version is sometimes slow - which we need to be able to access from any location. I am not sure if it is a location issue - but we are frequently disconnected to the service and have to log back in.
February 7, 2018
Evie V.
Technology Coordinator
May 12, 2017

“Rediker software has been a real asset to our school.”

ProsThe tech support is outstanding. No problem is too small. They are always polite and courteous. The in-services they offer are also very helpful.
ConsIt is a little pricey. We have a small independent school and it is costly. There should also be a way to get to the 2nd tier of Tech Support. I have called a few times and have to wait on hold while the person I'm talking to goes and asks for help. Sometimes this happens 3-5 times in one call.
Patricia B.
May 8, 2017

“Great product! Great service!”

OverallWe tend to have less errors. Also, it has the ability to keep parents much more informed.
ProsUser friendly with fantastic support center! Love the ability to filter to the many different daily needs of the office or teacher requests.
ConsHours of live support. I would like the ability to have later or weekend hours for support help. sometimes it is not possible to work on files during a "normal" week and additional time is needed to complete the task at hand.
Connie F.
Lead Teacher
February 25, 2018

“Great way to house student data information”

OverallAll data is in one place and easily accessible and reports needed are easy to gain and print once you understand the process to pull them up.
ProsThat we are able to transfer data easily and effectively yearly. Also gaining information for teachers and staff is easy and quick,
ConsSometimes when customer support is needed we have to be sent to various people to help us, not all support can help with certain issues.
February 25, 2018
Janet S.
Admissions Counselor (Admissions & Development)
May 8, 2017

“You can access any sort of family or student information and utilize that information!”

OverallJust an all-encompassing program that allows us to access current and past student and family information.
ProsOptions to include so much specialized data that teachers and staff need at our school. It's wonderful to generate a report or spreadsheet that contains precisely what you need to accomplish some task.
ConsHave never been able to utilize DB WR to make labels. They never seemed to fit on the labels correctly.
Judy L.
May 3, 2017

“Rediker has the best customer support team that I have ever had to deal wth.”

OverallI like that all the data I need is in one place. I also like that Plus Portals enhances our use of admin Plus.
ProsI like the new features and functionalities that have been added recently. I like that I can usually get all the data I need quickly.
ConsI have worked with Admin Plus for 16 years. I have never found it to truly be "User Friendly." Customizing reports is still rather tedious and can get very frustrating.
Kathy G.
May 11, 2017

“I am always so pleased with Rediker's Tech Support Team. They are top notch! Extremely knowledgeable”

OverallRediker helps make our end product, Parent Portal and Report Cards, look professional and easy to use.
ProsAdmin Plus has a user-friendly interface and is not hard to learn how to run the program from an Administrative point of view.
ConsI would have to say having to Sync every day from Admin Plus to Plus Portal so the attendance will show up for the parents is probably my least favorite thing.
Melissa F.
Registrar
September 5, 2019

“Admin Plus”

OverallIt's a great software. Would recommend it to anyone that I can
ProsThe effectiveness and easiness of finding student/teacher information quickly. Love how you can create any kind spreadsheets for practically everything
ConsI like everything about this program... there is nothing bad that I can comment about it. it is a great program!
September 5, 2019
Donald N.
Director of Information Systems and Operations
May 2, 2017

“Great customer service. They work with you until the problem is fixed. Fast response times. 99% up”

Prosweb based, look, the ability to store information in the student's portfolio, Great customer service. They work with you until the problem is fixed. Fast response times. 99% up time, online training
Consreports are sometimes hard to create, cumbersome sometimes, Excel wizard could be better, needs to be made with a SQL database
Beth A.
IT
May 2, 2017

“We have used AP since 2000 and love it.”

OverallKeeps our data meaningful.
ProsWe love the support we receive. Admin Plus' just in time training videos are also very helpful, especially at beginning and end of school year.
ConsThere is not really any part of Admin Plus I do not appreciate. Of course it could always be less expensive, but give the support we receive, I understand the price.
Susan P.
May 11, 2017

“Overall we are very satisfied with the functionality of the components and with technology support. ”

OverallEasy to maintain and to train users on, good documentation
ProsIt pretty much covers most of our requirements for data and functionality within the school. Easy to add fields and to export the data into Excel.
ConsPerformance from hosted is sometimes slow. Syncing and moving from Holding Bins can be problematic.
Josie F.
Data Manager
May 2, 2017

“Five star experience. A welcome change from 13 years of using PowerSchool.”

ProsI love the Lookup feature and Excel Integration features. I also love the online forms and am always finding new ways to use it.
ConsWhen entering period attendance, you do not see the course name. You only see the period. It requires jumping around to figure out what class the student is/was in.
Jason H.

“Very good ”

ProsSupport staff I use the product for everything at the school and it is by far the best. Would recommend this product to any school.
ConsWait time for support. And the lunch program not updating students when it syncs.. not a lot to dislike
Andy E.
May 8, 2017

“very solid and reliable!”

ProsI like that Rediker is continually making updates and trying to keep their products current. Support is always quick to get back to me
ConsI wish logging in to the cloud version (we are hosted) was faster and easier. we spend too much time waiting
William H.
SIS, Director
May 4, 2017

“We had some hiccoughs in changing mindsets from previous software to AdminPlus, but we are pleased. ”

ProsYear-over-year options are a dream. The software is highly flexible, which allows for continuation of our best practices and has also allowed us to support school operations we could not before, e.g., AfterSchool Clubs and Activities via SuperDB tables.
ConsNot every feature is easily located or intuitive in use. The software is able to do almost everything, but the learning curve is inconsistent.
May 4, 2017
Sharon I.
Technology Coordinator
May 2, 2017

“Definitely meets our needs.”

ProsTech Support is amazing! Very knowledgeable and always has a solution. The software is user-friendly.
ConsThe price is somewhat high. The wait time for support can be a little lengthy. Other than that, no complaints
Sheila P.
School Secretary
January 29, 2019

“Rediker”

OverallI do not like it.
ProsNot a lot. Not hard to use but can not get information
ConsIt is horrible for admin area. Systems do not merge. Can not create reports with your own company informatio. Not user friendly. Horrible support. Trainer did not really know how to use or able to understand . It loses important information. I have had to reenter I formation for years

By Rediker Software on February 1, 2019
Sheila, we are sorry about your experience. We strive for great service and support and we fell short here.Our data management system is very reliable, so we are concerned to hear you are losing and re-entering data. That should not be the case. However, I cannot find your name in our customer database, so please let us know more! What is the name of your school? Please contact sales@rediker.com, reply directly to me, or speak with your account rep. We want to help improve your experience with our software.
January 29, 2019
Tamarcus M.
May 10, 2017

“Overall the experience has been great. ”

OverallWe have a database that can centralize information for our families.
ProsI love the fact that it is user friendly, ONCE you take the time to familiarize yourself with the software.
ConsI dislike how tech support operates. It takes a long time to get support or we're directed to a huge reading when sometimes as visual learners, it may suit us best.
May 10, 2017
Jessica P.
May 2, 2017

“No matter what issues customer service is always there to help me”

OverallBecause of its simplicity I have more time to focus on other things
ProsVery user friendly easy to understand...very to train users.... report cards are simple and easy to understand
Linda H.
Information Systems Specialist
May 2, 2017

“I am in Rediker daily as my job requires me to do CRDC, EPIMS, SIMS, SCS, SSDR, and so on.”

ProsThe SEND TO EXCEL is my very favorite thing in Rediker. It's a life saver. The state reports are fairly easy to run as well.
ConsI like least that I have to go into 10 different schools when I need to do things, especially when I am looking in previous years. I feel all the years, all the schools should be in 1 database. I came from a district that used X2 and LOVED the way a student was only listed once with an enrollment history showing their comings and goings. To find a student in Rediker from previous years is very cumbersome, going in and out of each year, over and over again. It's not easy to use.
Kim W.
Web and Database Manager
January 9, 2015

“Admin Plus ... Keeping up and Moving Forward”

OverallWe have really been impressed with how much Rediker has moved ahead with Admin Plus and kept up with evolving technologies. Features which have been made available for teachers and administrators offer significant productivity improvements and convenience. In particular, access to our SIS via mobile devices for checking schedules and attendance anywhere with internet connectivity -whether in the hallway or out on the athletic field - allows us to sync and obtain emergency information from anywhere, and this is a huge advantage for us. Integration with other Learning Management Systems (LMSs) has also made the flow of data more timely and efficient. Notre Dame Academy has been using Admin Plus since 1999. I came on in 2005 and have seen the product refined and updated over the years. Although Rediker has grown during this time and added many more staff members, the same level of knowledgeable and courteous help from the Rediker support team is always available. This continues to be one of the most significant advantages for us. Kim Weckbacher, Web and Database Manager Mike Minihane, Director of Technology
January 9, 2015
Jerry S.
May 28, 2014

“Our expierence with Administrator's Plus”

OverallWe have been using Rediker for 3+ years now. We previously were using Hunter System's Schoolminder. Hunter Systems was bought out and the new company was dropping development of the Schoolminder in favor of their product. During our search for a replacement we looked at PowerSchool, BlackBaud, and Rediker. We were impressed with the flexibility of the Rediker product and the PRICING! Being a small private school, pricing played a big part of the decision. We chose Rediker and have been very happy we did, not only did we get a great product, we got it at an affordable price. The product is very powerful but friendly to users. We have been adding more modules year by year and with each new module we are still impressed and very happy. One very special thing about using the Rediker products is their support. They are quick, knowledgeable, and courteous. If the product does not have a feature, they are very open to discuss the pros and cons of adding the feature. Even the President and CEO are involved in the development, support and training of the product. I highly recommend the Rediker software and services.
May 28, 2014
Alba W.
Principal/Superintendent
August 1, 2014

“ The Best Educational Software Available”

OverallWe are living in a time when all schools are looking for a way to save a dollar. We are a small school who services a large diverse economic demographic. Every penny we save counts. We have been using Administrators Plus software since 1991. We've been through many changes and revisions with the company: product name change, expansion of the product line and the transition to a Windows based platform. So what has kept us with the company for over 20 years? Several things: 1. the quality of the product, 2. the variety of options which it offers allowing schools to adapt the program to its budget and its specific needs, 3. the customer service, which is absolutely the best I have ever found, and 4. the bang we get for our buck. Just this year, I left yet another software company and brought more of my business needs to Rediker software. I'm excited about benefits the teacher and parent platform and will bring to our school. Through the years many companies have approached us about using their products., my thought has always been, "Why would I use the second best product?"
August 1, 2014
JP G.
Sr. Director of Operations

“Good solid software.”

ProsEase of use, ease of training new teachers. Also, tech support for the product is second to none. We have always achieved resolution on issues.
ConsSome reporting features are a bit convoluted and outdated. Would like to see a stronger reporting engine.
Marysue G.
Administrative Assistant to the Head of School
51-200 employees
May 8, 2017

“We have had our ups and downs with Administrators Plus and the PlusPortal.”

OverallI really like the benefits of the portal. Being able to post items to the calendar, email parents, students and faculty is very easy.
ProsI like that there are tutorials available. Also, the customer support team is wonderful. If they do not have an answer they do research and for the most part have answers.
ConsI think the email systems is out of date and not user friendly. Not easy to use. This won't matter for us going for because we are going to the cloud.
Susan G.
Registrar/Database Coordinator
August 29, 2015

“OUTSTANDING SCHOOL SOFTWARE”

OverallI have used this software for over 20 years. We have gone from all "paper and file cabinet" school.... to 90% electronic using Rediker software! The possibilities are endless! Using the Online Forms feature we have gone totally electronic on registration, course requests, numerous forms that previously were submitted via paperwork. Using Adm. Plus we have transitioned into electronic transcripts, report cards, etc... This year we transitioned to the Parent/Student Portals and the gradebook module! The transition was seamless and the parents were very impressed! Our school is over 1,300 students. The tech support is outstanding!

By Rediker Software on September 1, 2015
Thank you, Susan. We are happy to hear how much time and money you are saving with our school management system. Even more important is the great user experience it is creating for your parents and students. We look forward to providing you with the best school management solutions and support for many years to come!
August 29, 2015
Rae Lynn D.
Asst AD/Compliance/reporting
May 9, 2017

“Experience with tech support has been good for the most part. Did have concerns with report enhances”

ProsI like the new functionality to view data and sort data in the Database main frame. Like the ability to download information with excel wizard
ConsNew documentation to help with new programs that are integrated with Admin Plus. Creating new letters, integration with Finacs, time to load screens is slow,
May 9, 2017
amy a.
Secretary
May 2, 2017

“used it for 16 years and still have not scratched the surface”

OverallIt manages our student database and keeps data secure.
ProsThe software is capable of doing almost anything. It is also compatible with other systems involving education.
ConsVery difficult to use and not enough safety features in place for inexperienced users. Training is difficult to get and very expensive.
Suzanne T.
Superintendent
Education Management, 201-500 employees
May 12, 2017

“All of our district utilizes this system!”

OverallWe utilize it system wide, and it is easier to retrieve records.
ProsIt is comprehensive! It can store a comprehensive record for the students and for the school. It can be referenced as needed.
ConsThere may be difficulties with the system at times. Our administrators have had some difficulties that required assistance.
Jeremy P.
School Information Management Specialist
March 16, 2016

“Outdated and Falling Behind the Technology Curve”

OverallAfter 15 years, we're shelving Rediker and moving to a new SIS. The integration between systems has been rocky and unstable to say the least and we've had to rig and workaround every module. The greatest disappointment is that Rediker claims to be compatible with various mainstream systems (ie: Haiku) but then fail to fully deliver and charge us an absurd amount for "customization." Some of the most basic functions and procedures are very hard to intuitively figure out. I often have to call Rediker support just to figure out or remember how to edit fields and run reports. We're a technology-driven school with 1:1 devices in our classrooms. We have plenty of experience with intuitive programs that work and unfortunately Rediker no longer fits into that category.

By Rediker Software on March 21, 2016
Jeremy, thank you for this feedback. We are happy to have served your school for 16 years, and sorry to hear you are considering another system. You must do what you feel is best for your school and your students. We support hundreds of integrations, some stronger than others, and our partnership with Clever allows us to work with many of those LMS products, including Haiku. Recently, we launched our HTML 5 gradebook and responsive websites for schools, and are developing the next generation of AdminPlus and Admissions Plus Pro. We encourage you to keep us in mind as one of the best SIS systems available, with more than 35 years serving thousands of schools around the world.
March 16, 2016
Sean F.
July 6, 2015

“Clunky, Dated, Limited . . . ”

OverallI have been working with this software for two years now. Yes we have the new version that has "updated" the interface but the software is still a hodge-podge designed system. Custom fields of any size require "SuperDB Tables" that have no easy interface to access and are severely confusing to the end users. Oh and if you use those tables, no alerting on them. The default tabs/fields are limited to 50 characters. The online forms app is painful. Remember those SuperDB tables? You cannot combine them into a single section so you have to create multiple sections to collect data appropriately.

By Rediker Software on July 30, 2015
We are sorry to hear that your experience using Administrator's Plus has been less than positive. Our products are used reliably by thousands of schools around the world. Rediker Software is always working to improve the user experience with innovative products and offerings. We take feedback from our schools very seriously in order to constantly improve. We are working on new versions of AdminPlus and Admissions Plus Pro to enhance the platform and features while maintaining all of the functionality that schools have trusted for 35 years. These new versions move beyond previous limitations, giving you ultimate flexibility in an already robust product. We highly encourage your school to check out our new web gradebook and parent/student web portals to see the direction our products are moving in and to stay tuned for new versions of our products.
July 6, 2015
Alana C.
Compliance Officer
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
November 2, 2018

“Clunky and Outdated”

ProsIt had just enough features to get by on.
ConsThis software is so slow and outdated it made work much harder than it had to be. The functions alone were painstakingly slow and I would often have to leave my desk to let it work out a simple window recall as it would freeze my entire system otherwise.
November 2, 2018
Allen R.
April 17, 2018

“Dantesque suffering”

OverallGrey hair
ProsIt is software. It has buttons. It is clickable, sometimes. It holds information. It is on a computer screen. It can be installed. It has warnings. It calculates incorrectly.
ConsEverything. It is confounding, perplexing, non-intuitive and the least user-friendly de-evolved piece of software ever devised
April 17, 2018
Sandy B.
School Software Administrator
June 3, 2014

“Hebrew Academy is PROUD to be part of the Rediker family!”

OverallBeing a software manager, I've worked with many student systems over the years, but nothing compares to Administrator's Plus, with its robust, flexible and user-friendly features. I must say that the Hebrew Academy is PROUD to be part of the 'Rediker family'. The integration between Administrator's Plus and its School Office Suite modules has definitely helped the Hebrew Academy streamline our school systems. Over the years, we have continued to add modules, not only saving us time and money, but also enhancing accuracy, eliminating data discrepancies that we once had in our old stand-alone systems. With its newest mobile friendly features, Rediker has truly become an integral part of our school's advancement in becoming a 21st century school!
June 3, 2014