Skyward School Management Ratings

Overall

About Skyward School Management

Are you ready for a better SIS and ERP experience? Skyward combines technology, community, and leadership to help school districts operate on a higher level. Supporting technology includes a future-ready student information system and a flexible finance/HR business suite. Learn more about Skyward School Management

Teresa B.
counseling secretary

“Skyward review”

OverallThis is my district's 7th year using Skyward. I am the counseling secretary in our high school and work in Student Management. I am also a security manager for our district. Honestly, when we made the transition to Skyward I was very unhappy. I didn't find Skyward to be very user friendly and I wasn't pleased with the customer support response time. Oftentimes I was unable to find a way to make Skyward do what I needed. However, as the years have passed, Skyward has made improvements to the program, I have learned the system better and the customer support live chat option is a huge timesaver. Now, I really enjoy using Skyward. I have the dubious distinction of being our district's "Skyward guru" and I believe I've learned a lot through exploration in my efforts to assist others. When I can't find answers, I know that help is only a live chat away! I would definitely recommend Skyward to other districts.
ProsPossibly my favorite aspect of Skyward is the ability to dump data directly into Excel. This is a huge timesaver and allows me to manipulate, sort, share and utilize data as needed. I also like the ability to create reports based on my needs using Data Mining.
ConsThere are still a few things that I wish I could do in Skyward, that I can't, such as use activity groups to run certain reports/schedules. Occasionally, we experience what I call "Skyward quirks" when something doesn't work right one day, but it works the next. Recently, our library parapro ran a report and new that the info displayed wasn't wholly accurate. I checked her format and everything was good. I printed it with the same results. I cloned the report, changing nothing, and ran that and it was accurate. The next day her report worked properly again.
Recommendations to other buyersTake the time to explore and learn and you will find that Skyward is a very versatile product. You can do a lot with Skyward if you take the time to learn what it can do for you.

By Skyward on January 20, 2017
So glad we were able to grow together, Teresa, and turn a negative experience into such a positive one. Thank you for all you do to help your district get more out of Skyward.
Jacque D.
Data Management Coordinator
January 16, 2017

“Long-Time User”

OverallI have used Skyward for many years, so I have seen it evolve. I will tell you this; you get what you pay for. Skyward is top-of-the-line! It will not always be the least expensive software, but it is more than worth the cost!! The software definitely helps customers work smarter not harder. With many of us wearing different hats, we need to find all of the time-saving opportunities we can; Skyward makes that happen! Skyward has many ways to get to the same information, so the ease of use is really in the end-user's hands. There is a plethora of shortcuts that Skyward has provided for the end-user, so no need to get bogged down trying to find programs/areas. Their Customer Service is top-notch. I have never had an issue that was not solved in a timely manner. They are wonderful! I could go on and on where Skyward is concerned. I not only love the software, but I like that the fact that Cliff King and the entire company has a focus on nothing but schools. They are truly concerned about the customer feedback, and they use that to make the software better (although I think it's pretty close to perfect now)!
ProsThe flexibility and multiple ways to achieve the end results we are looking for.
ConsNone!
Recommendations to other buyersI would tell other software users to at least take a look at Skyward; you will not be disappointed. I have seen a few other Student Management Systems, and none of them compare to Skyward...truly. I would also say that if you are manipulating data to comply with state/federal reporting, that you are wasting a huge amount of time and energy that you don't need to if you had Skyward. Your time could certainly be well spent in other areas I am sure! I would encourage 'other' software users to speak with a Skyward account. There is a reason that Skyward retains their accounts!

By Skyward on January 16, 2017
Thanks so much for the kind words, Jacque, and congratulations on your well-deserved recognition as a Leader in Excellence for 2017!
January 16, 2017
Carlos C.
Elementary School Secretary
May 29, 2019

“Student Management at your Fingertips”

OverallOverall my experience has been great. Without Skyward I would not be able to do my job as a school secretary and I am glad that so many schools are using. It does have a daunting learning curve but it's nothing that can't be overcome with time and patience.
Pros Skyward's interface customization is great, giving users the ability to the display the data they need for their particular job. Almost every section, big or small, has a customize button you can use to turn settings on and off. As a result employee's have their own "Skyward" they can learn in and out. Another great thing I love about Skyward is how many reports you can run with it. If you need phone list for students of a particular grade then it can easily be generated. You can also see if someone else has already made that report and just clone it. Anything you need there's probably a report for it and if not it can be created relatively quickly.
ConsSkyward has a quite large learning curve and without appropriate training it can easily overwhelm new users. It's not a program that can be self taught because some settings are hidden under several layers of menus. A new user would probably need about five or six hours of training to be able to be remotely competent with it. There are manuals and help guides available but I've found them to be hard to navigate.

By Skyward on May 30, 2019
Thanks for the great review, Carlos. We appreciate your feedback.
DENA H.
ACCOUNTING CLERK
October 7, 2019

“EXCELLENT SCHOOL SOFTWARE”

OverallWe have to keep detailed records on everything from students to the financial. This software does it all. It allows multiple people to see the same data and manipulate it, all while having secure separate log-ins. It keeps all the data, runs all reports and keeps logs of who has done what and when.
ProsSkyward keeps all of the records and any information that you can possibly want to report, accessible at your fingertips.
ConsThe annual cost is a little much, not sure how it compares to other school softwares. It takes some training to use. If you know computers and how they work, it will be a snap. I did not find it very intuitive.

By Skyward on October 10, 2019
Thanks for the review Dena. We are always looking for ways to make our software more intuitive. If you haven't already done so, we encourage you to sign up for our User Research Panel so you can have more input on the future development of our products. If interested, check out the Support area of our website for more details. Thanks again!
October 7, 2019
Connie K.
Food & Nutrition Service Administrative Assistant
Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

“LOVE SKYWARD”

OverallI have always loved this program once I started using it (2001?), it was PAC back then. Like everything in life, skyward needs some tweeks:) That is why you have four stars, also if you were to get five stars then we wouldn't need you anymore and believe me there are times I need your help. That all said, I work with Food Service, there are a few tips & tricks I would love to learn from you. I wish you offered a one-on-one quick tip sessions to sign up for.
ProsEasy to use, can do multiple windows to jump from one area to another is huge!
ConsFood Service application letter set up:(
Recommendations to other buyersI would love to see your software customer service staff have site visits, I think this would help for both skyward customers and skyward employees. Not everyone is using this software to its fullest, including me.

By Skyward on January 13, 2017
Hi Connie, thank you so much for the kind words! It was a nice trip down memory lane to see your PaC reference. Regarding those quick "tips and tricks" training sessions, keep checking in at skyward.com/quickhits and skyward.com/academy for relevant training and resources. We're always looking to deliver a better experience, so you can be sure site visits and localized training sessions are things we are considering as we look to the future.
Leslie L.
Graduate Medical Education Resident Coordinator
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
March 20, 2018

“Awesome tool for teachers, students and parents”

OverallUp-to-date information about my child's progress in school, missing assignments, grades on tests and projects. Especially my for high school student, this info can be hard to get from them and so many times you do not know about issues until it is too late. I open Skyward every night at the dinner table and we talk about grades, upcoming exams and papers. She knows I am looking and it helps her to stay on task.
ProsThere are so many functions in one place. Check grades, missing assignments, email teachers, lunch calendar, etc. Multiple children in a family can be easily accessed together.
ConsWhen emailing a parent/teacher, they cannot respond back directly. I wish they could. It would make the line of communication more direct. But, at least they can read the message and respond back by another means.

By Skyward on March 23, 2018
Thanks so much for the kind words, Leslie! Regarding the con, there is an option in the message center to enable direct replies. You may want to talk to your Skyward administrator about turning that on if it would be beneficial.
March 20, 2018
Scott H.
Database Support Specialist
January 20, 2017

“Responsive company with top notch software”

OverallSkyward has been our SIS for 10 years now and while many districts have switched SIS systems every few years, we have remained happy customers. The main reason for this happiness? The company is very responsive to the input from their customers. Because of being responsive to that input, Skyward has been able to create an extremely flexible system that allows for many different scenarios for how schools operate. The future is bright, and we know even more great things are coming from the company.
ProsFlexibility and the frequency of updates to the software
ConsNavigation can be burdensome for those who have system-wide security access. This is just due to the amount of features that are available, but not much of a problem for end users as they only have access to what they actually need.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep listening to your customers and moving forward. Never be satisfied with mediocrity.

By Skyward on January 27, 2017
Thanks so much, Scott! We promise not to settle for mediocrity in anything and we're thankful for all the insights from you and the rest of the Skyward community.
Crystal G.
Special Education Teacher
March 8, 2018

“I am parent user for this program and I find it to be easy to use and easy to understand.”

ProsI like that I can choose how I want my screen to look and can choose the information presented. I am able to toggle between all of the different pages easily and efficiently. I can access my child's information st the click of a finger. Additionally, I can access pertinent school and district information. I prefer this program to PowerSchool, as a parent user. I have access to more information faster and easier.
ConsI have had no real problems with this program so far. It has served my needs as a parent. I only struggled with the initial login, due to a bit of s glitch in the system, but that was all worked out.

By Skyward on March 19, 2018
Thanks for the positive review, Crystal. We're so happy you are enjoying a better experience with Skyward!
March 8, 2018
Kolby R.
Assistant Director
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees

“I LOVE SKYWARD”

OverallOverall, when my children graduate, I will have a hard time adjusting to not using it anymore. It has kept me on top of their education and I will recommend that all parents who have access please use it.
ProsI love everything about Skyward. My school district has everything linked and when teachers use it to its full potential it is helpful to a parent that has multiple students to check on and communicate updates about. It has been the one thing that has kept me in contact with teachers over the years of using it.
ConsThere are few if any things I do not like about the software. I appreciate that it can be easily navigated.

By Skyward on October 1, 2019
Thanks for the kind words Kolby. It's always great to hear directly from parents who use Skyward.
Davida P.
Data & Applictions System Specialist

“Top of the Line”

OverallI always describe Skyward as a top of the line SIS. Skyward has been wonderful to work with and an asset to our district. We love giving our staff one stop shopping for data. We also know our parents and students have come to rely on Family/Student Access for up-to-date information. We find the system easy to use and has features and functionality that is always on the cutting edge.
ProsVery easy to use for all levels. Skyward holds an abundant amount of data so we can use it in my areas in the school district.
ConsThere is sometimes a longer wait then expected to hear from customer service.

By Skyward on January 13, 2017
Hi Davida, thank you for the kind words and for all the amazing things you are doing in Walled Lake! We'll keep working to deliver a better experience both in the product and in the support we offer for it.
Amanda H.
Cafeteria Mananger
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
September 18, 2018

“The Sky is the limit with Skyward”

OverallSkyward School Management has been a very positive change for our district. We switched a couple of years ago and since then it is easier for us to manage debt on lunch accounts and easier for me as a parent to stay on top of things like this.
ProsI like how easily accessible Skyward is for parents to keep track of student expenses. Not only can parents easily add money to and watch student's lunch accounts, they can also easily pay fees online and very quickly. In a matter of seconds, I am able to add lunch money to my child's lunch account.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about this software.

By Skyward on September 20, 2018
Thanks for the kind words, Amanda! We're more than happy to help.
September 18, 2018
Patti D.
Secretary
February 24, 2017

“Patti St. Charles High School”

OverallWhen my district converted to Skyward, some of the training sessions were not as informative as we would have liked. Now that we are a few years into using the software, most of us have come to appreciate all that can be done. It continues to be a learning process. Many of the "features & functions" are real time savers.
ProsReports that are time savers.
ConsSome settings are at deep levels that are difficult to find and use.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep lots of notes and screen shots. Eventually you will be able to use the software without the notes.

By Skyward on February 24, 2017
Glad to hear you're saving time with Skyward, Patti! We have a number of training and development resources available that might help with the learning curve. Check out https://www.skyward.com/discover/educator-newsletter-blog/july-2015/know-your-skyward-training-options
February 24, 2017
February 17, 2019

“A Decent SIS For The Money”

OverallOverall the Skyward system lets us do the things we need to do with student data. This information is very invaluable to our district so the system is used heavily. It does what it advertises.
ProsThe Skyward system allows our corporation to enroll and schedule students with ease. The reporting feature has been invaluable to my own job. There are so many facets to this software that you can do just about anything.
ConsThe user interface is somewhat outdated. They released a more web friendly version a while back but it had the same problems. In a world of student information systems though, it is on par with most other ones.
February 17, 2019
Kate C.
Media Specialist
January 29, 2019

“Excellent program for student management”

OverallI am not the secretary at our school, so I don't get into as much detail with this software as she does, however I do use Skyward on a daily basis. For the information I need about students, this program works very well for me. I am pleased with the organization of information.
ProsThe organization of this software is something I really like. I can get on the program without having too much user knowledge and find what I am looking for. I think it has a wonderful array of information options for our students' profiles. This is a user friendly software.
ConsI use this software every day and for the level of use, I don't have any negative issues.
January 29, 2019
Jeffrey L.
HR Specialist
July 18, 2017

“Skyward is a very easy and comprehensive system for school districts.”

OverallIt took an old outdated system that was previously used and brought the school district back into the modern age.
ProsThere is a lot that can be accomplished through Skyward. You can track students, finance, and human resource functions. Each module is very easy to use and they are willing to work with you to assist in making changes and upgrades to their products.
ConsSometimes the functionality is a little rough, but the programmers have been making constant upgrades to the system and new updates come out all the time.

By Skyward on July 18, 2017
Thanks so much, Jeffrey. We appreciate your advocacy and promise to keep working toward a better experience every time.
July 18, 2017
Michael D.
September 15, 2019

“Makes life easy”

OverallSkyward has made all educational logistics easy. The mobile app included.
ProsI like most that Skyward is a developed system that anticipates common classroom scenarios. I like that I can pull up photo class charts and click on pictures to access student information. I like that I can send messages to multiple classes at once and schedule the send time.
ConsI like least that there is a proposed and an actual due date options. I don't understand why I need to fill out both for assignment due dates.

By Skyward on September 16, 2019
Thanks for sharing your comments Michael. We appreciate your feedback.
September 15, 2019
Chad M.
February 1, 2018

“Generally good software to manage student information.”

ProsIt has a comprehensive set of features that allow student management. From the teacher side the data is fairly easy to view and input of the gradebook and attendance is relatively easy.
ConsIt is somewhat difficult to learn. There are many variables that can confuse teachers in creating gradebooks and in accessing information. The reports are not particularly intuitive to use.

By Skyward on February 2, 2018
Thanks for the kind words, Chad! If you ever find yourself helping new teachers learn the system, we have some resources available at https://www.skyward.com/support/quick-hits/teacher and https://www.skyward.com/teachers.
February 1, 2018
Megan R.
December 9, 2018

“Skyward in the Classroom ”

OverallI have used Skyward for three years and I think it's unexpectedly been unavailable less than five times and it is restored quickly. It syncs with our online platform which helps with grading.
ProsSkyward is organized and user friendly. I also like how there is an app available that allows teachers to enter grades on their cell phone (I am an Apple user). Skyward has been dependable and my middle school students and their parents can navigate it.
ConsSkyward will open a new window when taking attendance and entering grades which can be frustrating at times.
Cathy W.
teacher
Education Management, 11-50 employees
June 20, 2019

“Many Tools to Collect and Share Data”

OverallI have been utilizing Skyward for over 10 years and find it a useful tool in managing student performance data, as well as attendance information. Data is stored and may be easily retrieved for years. Reports are easily compiled and may easily be modified by student or entire class.
ProsWhat I like most about Skyward is that it offers many types of reports that can be printed out or shared online. Data can be accessed by parents any time of day and they are able to ask questions through the program.
ConsI haven't found a need that is not met by this software.
June 20, 2019
Nolan W.
February 11, 2019

“A Teacher's Review of Student Management by Skyward”

OverallOverall, the experience that I have had has been very positive. I was able to figure out most issues within a matter of a minute or two and, when I had a bigger issue, customer support was able to fix it fairly quick.
ProsBeing able to easily manage assignments and attendance is extremely valuable to any teacher. Being able to easily pick up on the software that your school corporation is using is even better.
ConsThere are some confusing aspects at first but, with a little use, the average person will figure out most details with ease.
February 11, 2019
Stacey R.
First Grade Teacher
June 11, 2019

“Skyward is the backbone of many school districts”

OverallI have used this program as a parent and as a teacher. As a teacher it is fabulous. As a parent I have struggled with the program going back to the log in screen. Other than that I know my child's information is safe and secure on this site.
ProsThis program is very safe and secure. Many large school districts trust this program for student and parent information.
ConsI have struggled some as a parent when I try to scroll down to view more information about my child's grades I will be sent back to the log in screen.
June 11, 2019
Online Media, Self-employed
September 30, 2019

“Convenient student report access!”

OverallVery good. I'm up to date on my child's progress on a daily basis.
ProsThis is a fantastic way to keep abreast of your child's grades with individual test breakups and overall grade average with the allowance for teachers to add notes for the parents if needed. Also provides a way to email and contact the teacher.
ConsThere's nothing I don't like about the software. Overall great communication tool between a teacher and student's parents.
Aly A.
Student
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
August 27, 2019

“Skyward for managing student grades.”

OverallSkyward is very good. It could use a better calendar but other than that very good.
ProsSkyward has a simple interface and is easy to navigate. It auto signs out in case of in-activity which prevents others from viewing your account.
ConsThe calendar design doesn't help view tasks and often times it won't sync with other school managing apps.

By Skyward on August 28, 2019
Thank you so much for the review Aly. We'll be sure to pall along your comments regarding the calendar to our user experience team.
August 27, 2019
AMANDA Y.
Owner/Teacher
January 10, 2018

“I can keep track of children and how they are doing in school. ”

OverallKeeping up with my children school progress.
ProsI love being able to log in and see how my child is doing in high school by each class. You can see missing assignments, test scores and quizzes. The teachers and the school can also contact me through skyward.
ConsIt can be confusing to use when you first start using it, but it gets easier and easier the more you use it.

By Skyward on January 15, 2018
Thanks so much for the kind review, Amanda. We're happy to see you're getting the most out of Family Access!
January 10, 2018
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
December 28, 2018

“Skyward Educator Review”

OverallSkyward has been great for me as a teacher. This year we had some scheduling issues with Skyward as an entire school but other than that it has provided all of the promised features and more for my school district.
ProsSkyward is the software my company uses to track attendance,grades, student information and scheduling. This product is pretty easy to use for the most part. The dashboard of the main page can be used to navigate the system. It offers various button for attendance and grading. There are other functions this product offers that I do not have access to an a teacher. I like that I can put in my grades and apply specific grading critera with click of a button. I also enjoy that I can look back at previous classes I have taught and previous gradebooks. Overall I like that Skyward intergrates with some of the other software programs that I use as well. This makes a teachers life easy.
ConsSkyward has many positives as a teacher I do wish that it gave you the option to assign a 50 for all missing assignments in he gradebook as this is the way most schools are going. Other than that overall I think Skyward works well and provides schools with a decent platform for their needs.
December 28, 2018
Jayne B.
Technology Director
June 27, 2018

“Skyward is our school district's SIS.”

ProsSkyward is a very powerful product. We have used it for 15+ years and I am still finding useful features. Anytime I have an issue, support is punctual and extremely helpful to solve my issue.
ConsSkyward can be very daunting because it is so powerful. It is semi-userfriendly, but the interface looks stark and cold.

By Skyward on June 29, 2018
Much appreciated, Jayne. Thank you! We think we've addressed those interface concerns with our new Qmlativ product.
June 27, 2018
Lisa B.
Coordinator
February 15, 2019

“Review”

ProsFairly easy to for employees for time sheets, request time off, payroll information and history. Employees can see payroll, time sheets, and personal records. Request reimbursement for expenses. Admin uses it for record keeping of employee information
ConsThe steps to request expense reimbursement is lengthy and not easy for employees that use it occassionally.
February 15, 2019
Kylee F.
Special Ed Teacher
Education Management, 11-50 employees
August 12, 2019

“Easy to use and find information”

ProsThis product is so easy to use once you get the hang of it! It's a great way to keep all of your students information in one place. You can take lunch count, keep account balances, and more. It's great to have all the information in one place.
ConsIt's confusing to navigate when you first get started. Once you get the hang of it it gets easy.
August 12, 2019
JJ S.
teacher
August 22, 2019

“Skyward”

OverallOverall I believe our experience with Skyward will be positive we just need more time to settle in with it
Pros- Attendance and seating chart functions are easy to use - user friendly if you play around with it enough -mass grading is allowed
Cons-gradebook can be difficult to use compared to other programs - we have just started using it and at the moment it is not completely syncing with our other programs

By Skyward on August 28, 2019
Thanks for the great feedback JJ. So great to see that your early experience with Skyward has been positive.
August 22, 2019
Iida B.
Administrative Associate
Philanthropy, 11-50 employees
September 3, 2018

“Skyward has improved a lot”

OverallMy overall experience with Skyward is positive. It is a useful tool once you learn it, which might take some effort though.
ProsThis is a really versatile program and great for storing all your data. Ilike how you can easily convert the data into Excel. I used to work in a school and would use Skyward. Once you understand how and where the information is stored, you can easily navigate through everything.
ConsIt is not the most intuitive program when it comes to finding information. There are a lot of tabs and categories and it might take a while to find the information your are looking for. It still has room for improving the flow of things.
September 3, 2018
Patti H.
Administration Assistant
51-200 employees

“Thanks Skyward”

OverallI could not do my job without this software. Customer Service always comes through for us and answer us in a very timely manner when we need help.
ProsEasy to use
ConsMy only complaint is the need to change calendar days in multiple spots, like changing our end of term this week after a snow day.

By Skyward on January 20, 2017
Hi Patti, thanks for the kind words! Hopefully we can come up with a good solution for that calendar issue.
Chris N.
December 17, 2018

“Skyward-It doesn't do a ton, but it does it darn well.”

ProsI liked the system for calculating grades, for handling attendance, and for allowing parental access. This combination achieved everything I felt that I needed.
ConsIt was overly difficult to grade and arrange things sometimes, including doing some of the alterations of grades when I needed to sometimes.
December 17, 2018

“Skyward for Teachers”

OverallIt has been beneficial to knowing what my paychecks will be so I can budget appropriately. An added bonus is the link to see open positions within the school system. While logged in, one can stroll through open positions, apply and receive updates about the position. As a teacher, it is user-friendly, doesn't take long to navigate through while offering many uses as stated in the pros area of this review.
ProsThat I have immediate access for viewing: time off, accrued sick leave/paid time off, check history, teacher certifications, W-2 information and ability to print checks easily. The application is organized and offers exactly what it claims to be.
ConsThe option to use the check estimator is unique that takes into account deductions. This was useful but since I changed to a new position in the school system it did not update from being salaried to hourly. I attempted to enter the hourly wages however it didn't take into account deductions and therefore wasn't very useful. It is a super option if it worked properly.
Ruchir G.
Sr Product Manager
Human Resources, 10,001+ employees
December 12, 2018

“Good utility tool, lacks intuition”

OverallGood experience overall. One of the best school management systems in the market, but needs many enhancements.
ProsUseful features to allow parents interact with their child's activities. Allows for integration with payment systems which is seamless and real-time.
ConsNot very intuitive when it comes to look for information or navigate through the system. The look and feel is more of a client-server system which is not very attractive.
December 12, 2018
Virginia S.
District Secretary

“Skyward review”

OverallSkyward can do as much as you want it to. We currently use it for student management and skyalert, but I just asked for a quote for the HR/Business suite as well. We have been using Skyward for almost 11 years now.
ProsIt can do so much.
ConsCost.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't wait to make a serve call. They can save you time and aggravation.

By Skyward on January 14, 2017
Thanks, Virginia. Your advocacy is much appreciated!
Shari H.
Head Admin Support

“LOVE Skyward!”

OverallI absolutely love Skyward and utilize it on a daily basis. Skyward Support is amazing. The company is always moving forward and staying in touch with client needs.
ConsThat our district is underutilizing features! :( Through NO fault of Skyward.

By Skyward on January 13, 2017
Much appreciated, Shari! We'll keep working on ways to help your team get even more out of the system. Thanks for all you do.
Banking, Unspecified
July 25, 2018

“I used it to check my grades on a daily basis.”

ProsI like that it was easy to use and easy to read. You know what you are looking at and how to navigate around it.
ConsI don't like that it's browser based. I don't like to rely on browsers to read info. I'd rather have software.
July 25, 2018
Shari H.
Administrative Assistant to Principal
December 15, 2017

“I have used this software for more than a decade. I highly recommend Skyward!”

OverallOutstanding Student Information System.
ProsThey are always improving and keeping up with current trends. Skyward has absolutely OUTSTANDING customer service!
ConsThat it can be intimidating or overwhelming for those that aren't familiar with it or chose not to utilize it.
December 15, 2017
Seth M.
Accountant
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
May 23, 2019

“Great product”

OverallI work in the financial management and human resources modules extensively and have no problems navigating between the different areas. Running reports is intuitive and the ability to produce reports in PDF or Excel is fantastic.
ProsHaving just joined my organization in the past year, I appreciated Skyward's intuitive structure to the various modules. I was able to easily pick up on the necessary tasks, and the data mining feature allows me to build every report I need.
ConsI have no complaints at this time. Skyward is a solid product.
May 23, 2019
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
November 26, 2018

“I love Skyward”

OverallSkyward has been amazing overall.
ProsSkyward is easy to navigate and full of good, interactive info!
ConsI like everything about Skyward. It has all of the features that I would like to see.
November 26, 2018
Angela H.
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
July 23, 2019

“Not very intuitive”

OverallMy experience is average.
ProsSkyward has the ability to keep up with grades and attendance.
ConsI tried the quiz/test function and it was difficult to set up.
July 23, 2019
September 23, 2018

“Skyward - excellent!”

ProsEasy enough to teach my aides to manage. Keeps all emergency and important student info handy.
ConsAM and PM attendance. Can be hard for families to understand.
September 23, 2018
Jeremy S.
Marketing and Admissions Analyst
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
June 21, 2018

“Keeping grades and marking attendance made easy.”

OverallThere's no need to 'show' students their grades, as they and their families have access to it. Administration too, can just pull grades from the network without having the teacher duplicate their efforts.
ProsI liked the variety of grading options to set up your classes and the ease of setting everything up. No need to duplicate work.
ConsAs with any software, there is a balance between ease-of-use and robustness. Skyward can be a little overwhelming at first.

By Skyward on June 25, 2018
Thanks, Jeremy. We're glad you enjoyed your experience with Skyward.
June 21, 2018
Kelly W.
January 30, 2018

“Great for Teachers and Parents”

ProsThis program is great for both teachers and parents. It allows parents to easily see their student's data.

By Skyward on January 31, 2018
Thanks for the kind words, Kelly!
January 30, 2018
Angie M.
September 19, 2017

“Our school district switched to this 3 years ago and it has been great!”

OverallGreat service, glad our school district switched!
ProsThe school I work at switched to this 3 years ago and it allows me to go on-line to check my sick days, personal days, and check stubs. It is very user friendly.
ConsThe only real negative I can think of is, some times I forget my password, otherwise it is a very nice system to have that I can monitor my information instead of calling HR.

By Skyward on September 20, 2017
Thanks, Angie. We're so happy you've enjoyed your experience and look forward to making it even better for you in the years to come!
September 19, 2017
Ashleigh T.
Legal Secretary
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
September 4, 2018

“WONDERFUL PROGRAM!!”

OverallIt has made my child's year great for me to monitor what they are doing daily- although he may not like that-- I do!!
ProsIt lets me monitor my children's grades and attendance in real time, as well as their student accounts!!
ConsNothing, there is nothing I don't like!!
September 4, 2018
Alyssa C.
February 7, 2018

“Grades and tracking, simplified”

ProsI love the various reports and data that I can get from the Skyward system. A little fiddling will reveal massive possibilities.
ConsI wish that the software was more customizable for non-administrators. It can be finicky when entering data and not save information.
February 7, 2018
May 29, 2019

“Skyward has value, but is difficult to use”

ProsI like the ability to run student report data for large sets of students.
ConsI find Skyward to be very difficult to use. After working with this software daily for two years I feel as though I have no independent skill. Nothing about this product is intuitive. I do not feel as though this is a user friendly tool and I feel as though there may be better tools for districts to use for their student management.

By Skyward on May 30, 2019
We're disappointed that you find Skyward difficult to use. In our experience, the two main reasons ed tech falls short of its potential are lack of buy-in from staff and lack of appropriate training. We invite you to check out the Know Your Skyward Training Options article in our newsletter to see all the Skyward training options available to you and your staff.
Tasha B.
Education Management, Self-employed
July 16, 2019

“Keeping up with grades ”

ProsMy children's schools don't send home paper report cards anymore. I can monitor their grades and assignments and make sure they aren't getting behind. It's way to register for school for the new year without having to up to the school and wait in the long lines.
ConsIt doesn't have the best mobile interface. I wish there was app instead.
July 16, 2019
Jenny D.
HR/Payroll
Accounting, 51-200 employees
December 9, 2018

“Best school management program that I've used so far!”

OverallI've been using skyward school management for about 4 months now and it was a little overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it you start to really appreciate how they have it set up and why. It really makes sense when you want to do a report in the future!
ProsWhat I like most about skyward school management is that the functionality of the program overall is really good and easy to use.
ConsI wish that skyward had visual aids to show the step by step process of how to do certain functions in the program. This would make it easier to train someone that's new to the program or good to reference when you forget how to do the functions that you don't perform as often.