Caterease Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.6/5

About Caterease

Caterease is the WORLDS MOST POPULAR catering and event planning software. Designed in cooperation with event planners of all sizes, Caterease offers all the features you need to simplify your busy workday. This powerful program increases productivity, prevents costly mistakes and saves valuable time and money all while remaining incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Caterease is the undisputed industry leader for a reason. Don't trust your business to anything less than Caterease. Learn more about Caterease

sarah s.
cafe manager
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
August 25, 2019

“Not User Friendly”

OverallIt helps to create a proposal to send to the client for the bagged lunches we sell and to create a kitchen detail that gives them the quantities and information they need to make the food.
ProsThere is not really that I like much about this software. I think that there are some benefits for our catering sales team (some kind of link between staffing/labor and the software or other features for ease of use) but they generally do not apply to the way I use the software. I normally use it at least once a month but I am not as familiar as them with the ins and outs. It does make a decent looking proposal to send to the client and creating it on my end is simple.
ConsIt is not intuitive at all. The buttons are in weird place and very small with tiny little icons. It opens so many windows at a time just to complete a simple task and in general with everything you do there are so many steps involved. Within the windows there are more windows with little scroll bars everywhere and everything is cut off unless you enlarge the window and it just gets confusing and messy. You have to save everything you do along the way so if you accidentally close out one of your 5 windows you loose your work. Even starting the program takes about 6 different steps. Every screen just looks really outdated and isn't user friendly. It is not easy to search for events. You can't put in the actual date. You just have to click next week or next month so if your company has lots of events you will be scrolling for awhile. Creating your event details menu lines is also annoying. If you don't put them in exactly the order you want the first time dragging and moving them later is much harder than you would think.

By Caterease on August 28, 2019
We wanted to contact you, but cannot find any company or user with the name you have listed. Please contact us and we can absolutely help you out. Screen displays and tool bars can be customized by each company using the program. If you are experiencing scrollbars, etc., someone on your team likely redesigned screens in a way that doesn't suit you. This can be changed and locked down. Caterease also DOES NOT make you save things along the way. We are renowned in the industry for how we handle multi-tasking. Contact us with examples and we can help! You are also able to search by a specific date and drag/drop menu items (and other details!). We also offer customizable wizard tools that even make the entire event-booking process three simple steps. Candidly, after reading your post and not being able to find your company in our records, I was almost wondering you were talking about be a completely different program! Please contact us and we can transform your experience!
August 25, 2019
Melissa C.
August 9, 2019

“The name says it all! Caterease has put the Ease into our Catering Operations”

OverallOne of the biggest benefits to Caterease is all there integrations. From credit card processing with Vantiv to event staff scheduling and communication with Nowsta to EASY, STRESS FREE online ordering setup through Zuppler, Caterease has centralized multiple outside operations of our catering company into one place. This alone has cut our time it takes to prepare, schedule and collect payment for every event we create in half, if not more. Caterease has boosted our business operations and continues to help in our growth on a daily basis.
ProsThe customization of EVERY ASPECT of Caterease is one of the reasons why we love it so much. Everything can be made to suit your individual businesses needs. You can use their basic templates for prints such as contracts, receipts, billing statements and more or create your own with whatever information you would like. Every single bit of information can be displayed or removed from prints. Anything!! You can even customize your screen views. We have 6 different users linked to our Caterease and each users desktop/window views are customized down to the theme color. We have 2 divisions to our catering company, one is rather simple and the other is very complex. We have one user set up for the simple division and have cut out 80% of the features Caterease offers from that users display because we do not use them with that division so now, those features that we use for the complex catering side don't clutter up or confuse our simple home meal delivery user. The reports and query features are amazing. You can pull a report or query for literally any piece of information the you want. Want a query of all events that had more than 20 peoples worth of rice pilaf in the month of June 2 years ago, its one click away with Caterease. I've been in the catering business for 10+ years and Caterease is hands down the best Catering Software out there if you want to make things your own and customized to your business. I could go on for days about why I love Caterease!
ConsBecause it is so big and customizable, it does take a while to set up. You can come into it new and work off templates and be just fine but if you want to really take advantage of all the great features Caterease has, be ready to spend some time setting it up. Although it may take some time to setup, once you do, you are all set! With the endless video tutorials and help center articles, you have everything you will need to set things up your way.
August 9, 2019
Danny B.
Controller
August 7, 2018

“I Never Want For Anything”

OverallI really do love this system. You can check overlapping of events.. it has flags that identify each event as "Tentative" if they have not yet committed, "Definite" if they have and other important markers. You can customize HOW you want to see or view most things. I really could not imagine that anyone would not just love this system.
ProsIt covers just about anything you could want it to do. There have only been a few things ever I wished it could do and it couldn't. It is easy to use and reports are easy to obtain. I really love this software.
ConsNo Quickbooks interface. It would be nice to be able to transfer an invoice into the accounting system. Instead, I literally have to re-type every event over again into Quickbooks. This can be frustrating when you are receiving deposits or payments on events that are two or three years down the road and need to enter the event to apply the payment to it; along with all of the other daily invoices you have to do. And then keep up with all the menu / rental / room changes and updating THOSE in quickbooks. I do wish the notes and comments section on events would automatically place the initials of whom ever made the comment and the DATE . This could be tied to your log in. Often times there could be 3 or 4 people working on an event and if they forget to put their name.. and the date.. you dont know who they are. Also anyone can CHANGE or EDIT another persons notes or comments which I dont like. There is an "audit report" you can produce that will tell you who did what... but its not that easy to read and it takes some experience of looking at it to understand what the report is telling you.

By Caterease on August 30, 2018
Danny, thank you for the nice review. I do want you to know that we DO have an awesome interface with both Quickbooks desktop and Quickbooks online. One click and you can send information to Quickbooks one event at a time or in batch. Please call your sales representative and they will set you up with it.
Sol R.
November 28, 2017

“The program has revolutionized the ability to move from Mom & Pop to Corporate Seamlessly. ”

OverallThe software has changed my life and given me thousands of hours of time to better manage my business and my employees. Caterease has allowed me to take many companies from paper and pen to the cloud. Caterease has put many of my clients businesses back in their control.
ProsThe ease of use and windows familiar aspects of Caterease are perfect. Mark and the sales team have helped me as a food service consultant serve many of my clients needs. Customer Support is always available and knowledgeable. The software is not just a program but a catering operational system. I am able to customize so many parts that makes the system adapt to any company with comfort. I started using caterease years ago and the company has made updates many times and has made it exciting to look forward to. Years ago i would spend countless days and weeks making complex spreadsheets to calculate so many informational needs that i had to repeat weekly. Caterease has been built with so much functionality that my weekly repetitive work has dropped down to almost zero and my time as well as my employees time has spiked in productivity. This Software is priceless!!!!
ConsWhat i like least about the software was that i had little access to information on events without my computer!! BUT they recently released the Caterease APP.... Now me and my team access event info on our phones and cant be happier.
November 28, 2017
Mary-Louise T.
August 20, 2018

“Enhance your Inhouse System by using Caterease”

OverallSoftware has enabled me to double my business without adding extra support staff. It forces me to answer questions about my events ahead of time so when the event date arrives, I am fully prepared.
ProsWell thought out! Software can be customized to do just about anything. It is easy to use - learning curve is approximately 6 weeks to become very comfortable with it. A myriad of reports to choose from and customize. Absolutely the best customer service of any software I've purchased. Very quick and clear response time, Questions are answered within a day. Phone and email support unrivaled. Developer is willing to work with End user.
Cons1. Mouse scroll! I use this program at least 6 hours/day; finding those hiding scroll bars and scrolling is continually frustrating and annoying, especially when the detail grids are expanded. The program looks like Outlook and acts like Outlook with the exception of this feature. 2. Recommendation for data entry: In some places 'tab' gets you to the next column, and in some places it's 'down/up' arrow. Often frustrating to remember which to use. It's a waste of time to use your mouse when the 'tab' would do. I would recommend that this feature be streamlined so it's always either 'tab' or 'arrow' key (mouse still available, of course).

By Caterease on August 30, 2018
Mary-Louise - thank you for the wonderful review. I just wanted to tell you that you can disable the hidden scrollbar feature in your local preferences window. So sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused you.
August 20, 2018
Clarence R.
May 16, 2018

“Caterease has the best customer service!!”

OverallThis software produces professional proposals, contracts, and invoices with ease that my staff and the clients love. It also produces very specific paperwork that helps my culinary team and event staff produce and orchestrate the best events possible. The friendly, efficient customer service at Caterease is exceptional!
ProsWe have used this amazing catering software for over 24 years! It has grown and evolved with the industry over the years and remains the best catering software on the market - that I have ever seen. This product pays for itself and the cloud based version allows my staff to work on the fly from any venue, which saves time and money. My staff loves using the Caterease program. The help desk is always friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, and far exceed my expectations of customer service in today's market. They truly go the extra mile!!
ConsI do not have any cons for this product or the support staff - give it a try - you, your staff and your clients will be glad you did!

By Caterease on May 28, 2018
Thank you, Clarence, for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with Caterease. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. You get five stars in our book, as well!
May 16, 2018
Candi K.
Catering Sales Manager
August 1, 2018

“Makes my job so much easier!”

ProsThis software is fabulous - you can access your program from anywhere in the world when you have Caterease Connect. The reports/queries are easy to manipulate to find the requested data. The engineers listen to our specific needs - requests show up in the next build! The software is VERY simple to use and can be customized for specific needs. The mobile app is great to check upcoming events on the fly. You can run a query to see how much of each item on your menu you've sold for a certain period of time, the forecast what the change in revenue would be if pricing increases/decreases. You can compare sales for a certain month /period to previous years, forecast future time periods and more. The time savings is phenomenal. What used to take hours can be produced in minutes. Our company has used Caterease for so long, I don't know how we would function without it.
ConsThe ONLY problem I have is sometimes tech support doesn't answer the phone because they are tied up on another call. BUT, emailing the support desk usually gets an answer quickly.
August 1, 2018
Education Management, 51-200 employees
February 1, 2019

“Caterease Connect helped bring our events process into the 21st century!”

ProsI love the versatility of this software. It allows you to input information once and send it to many. It also provides real time reports, invoicing and event orders with one click! Because we use the web based software, I can access it anywhere I have internet connection or phone service. It allows smooth exporting to the calendar that our entire organization uses and allows others to read or print any set up information they need. Since it is similar to Microsoft office in it's layout, it is very user friendly from the beginning. Service has been outstanding. with the chat feature and emails and FAQ sections for technical assistance there is virtually no wait time when you need help.
ConsOnly 2 things I don't like: There is sometimes a lag when Google updates are released for Caterease to catch up. This causes headaches with my public event calendar. To run caterease you have to have citrix installed and that can conflict with some programs causing your computer operation to slow down. (Especially with older models.)
February 1, 2019
David P.
February 13, 2018

“Great product that makes business easier.”

OverallIt makes our work easier.
ProsThe software is great overall! It interfaces with so many different programs, and it's been a huge help that makes our job easier. There is always more to learn about the software, so it's nice to keep adding to the list of abilities. In the past, we used two different programs for booking and invoicing, so it's a huge time saver. Our team only has to make updates once, so it minimizes potential for error.
ConsI've had a support ticket for what seems like a simple fix in for a few months, and haven't really received much feedback on it. Also, if there is an issue with the interface, the support staff for each different software says that it is a problem with the other software, so that has been a little difficult.

By Caterease on March 13, 2018
David - Thank you for the kind words! According to our records, you seem to be using a fairly old version of our program. As you probably know, your updates are completely free - and I have confirmed that the feature you requested will indeed be included in our next release (in testing now). As a matter of fact, we improved upon the request by adding a couple of options! Thanks again! Chris Kopriva Caterease Software
February 13, 2018
Samantha F.
Property Manager
51-200 employees
January 9, 2018

“Contracts are easy than ever to put together.”

OverallThis product pays for itself. It is so easy to use and I love that it is cloud based.
ProsI love that we are able to save line items such as our most popular menu items and their prices. It saves a ton of time being able to select the menu items from a list instead of retyping the product and price every single time. We write up about 100 contracts a day and about 40% of them have similar items so it saves a ton of time.
ConsWhile lots of menu items and venues can be saved in the program, it would be helpful if we could also save the tax for the certain county. Each time we need to go and recheck what the tax is for certain areas.

By Caterease on February 1, 2018
Samantha, Thanks for the review - it's great to hear how much time Caterease is saving you! Just so you know, there actually is a way in the program to save a limitless list of tax schedules. You can even link individual schedules to specific clients or off premise site locations, so the taxes update automatically each time. It's another huge timesaver! Please feel free to contact our help desk and someone there will be more than happy to walk you through the specifics. Thanks again! Chris Kopriva Caterease Software
January 9, 2018
Tera G.
Regional Sales Director
July 24, 2017

“I would recommend Caterease to any catering company”

ProsWe use Caterease in over 20 of our accounts and it has been a great relationship from Mark in the sales department to Theo and the other tech support crew in the tech support department. The program itself offers all the tools we need to build proposals, beo's, contracts, invoices, etc. It helps us manage our financial viability with the reporting tools it offers as well as prospecting new clients. Caterease offers ongoing training and new tips to help maximize the program to its fullest potential. I would recommend Caterease to any company offering catering services from an off-site caterer to any on site facility.
ConsWe haven't found anything that we don't like. It does everything we've wanted it to do as far as a software is concerned.
July 24, 2017
David W.
Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
August 23, 2019

“Caterease Is Aptly Named”

ProsIt is very intuitive, and once you put in the pertinent data, you can create many different and useful documents. Also the reporting options are outstanding.
ConsI can't think of anything, it really does satisfy all of our needs.
August 23, 2019
Hospitality, Unspecified
May 15, 2018

“Caterease is a very detailed software for catering facilities but not the most user friendly”

OverallA lot of events/venues to have access to the same information/database
ProsThe possibilities are endless (Creating kitchen prep list, cost, ordering, budgetting, creating BEO's, templates, financial possibilities)
ConsThe software is a little archaic and is not the most user friendly. A lot of the functionality would certainly be used more often if the software was easier to use. A lot of duplicate information has to be entered

By Caterease on May 16, 2018
Thank you for the kind words. We've just released a brand new, cutting-edge version of Caterease. Please call our offices so we can arrange training on it for you. We want you to feel fully comfortable with all facets of the software. You will find that there is never "duplicate information" that needs to be entered into Caterease. Again - thank you for your kind words.
May 15, 2018
Kris C.
catering coordinator
May 21, 2018

“Caterease is easy to use and set up. For our daily use it provides most of the needed functions.”

ProsOnline login function and can be used anywhere. Easy to copy multiple events, but pricing doesn't always copy. Query funtions for reports, finance and daily events.
ConsWhen updates are made it takes too long to work out the kinks and get our individual set ups back to our settings. Would like better ways to compare year to year financials.

By Caterease on May 29, 2018
Kris, Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, some settings need to be reset during major updates - otherwise, you will not see some of the new features. We do try to keep this to a minimum and notify customers ahead of time. Also, try the "Yearly Sales Comparison" report. It offers a flexible way to compare year to year financials. Thanks again for your review.
CLB C.
Senior Catering Manager
Hospitality, 10,001+ employees
May 21, 2018

“Have used Caterease in various positions with 2 employers. Have used one other catering system”

ProsEase of use across systems (adding an event, account or client is all done with the same + / - icon )
ConsUnable to batch print or email documents as one attachment Unable to view the content of sent emails from within Caterease Unable to pull up an "outstanding invoice list" across accounts

By Caterease on May 28, 2018
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our software. Just to clarify: You can batch print and email documents. You can also view the contents of sent emails from within Caterease. You can also review outstanding invoice lists across accounts. In fact, you can combine all three and batch email attached invoices to all accounts with outstanding balances. Please call our help desk and we'll be happy to show you how. Thanks again for your review.
Niklaus K.
Human Resources Manager
June 25, 2018

“Caterease is powerful and there's a lot to it.”

ProsThe sheer amount of features with Caterease is astounding. There is so much it can do from scheduling and pricing events to inputting menu items, and much more! The integrated tutorials are helpful.
ConsThe interface isn't as intuitive as I would like. It seems like it's in need of a facelift. I feel like we maybe use 20% of all the features we're able to use.

By Caterease on July 2, 2018
Niklaus, Thank you for your comments about our program. We pride ourselves in the robust collection of features we offer to satisfy the needs of any catering and event planning operation. We also deliberately design our program to mirror the functionality of the most common Office applications ¿ to keep the learning curve small. From our records, it seems you are using a version of Caterease that is many years old. There is no charge at all for your company to update ¿ and take advantage of new design options as well as a host of powerful new features! I think you will really like the look and feel of this latest version, which reflects the modern design of other Windows 10 applications. Feel free to contact our help desk today and anyone there will be able to assist you.
June 25, 2018
Marie B.
Event Planner
Events Services, Unspecified
July 26, 2018

“Caterease is customizable and easy to use on the go!”

ProsHow customizable it is! We were really able to take the software and use it how it best suited and helped our company. And each of our Sales Team can customize their screens and views to how it best suits their day-to-day needs. The Caterease team constantly provides updates and strives to better fit everyone's needs. We recently switched to the web-based server and it makes a huge difference for our Sales Team.
ConsAs with any software, there are bugs/glitches, etc. but the support teams works quick to fix them and update the software with changes.
Events Services, Unspecified
May 1, 2018

“Great Concept but Very Buggy. Slow customer service. ”

OverallIf it was operational 100% there be many but every week there something going wrong
ProsThe concept is great tool for caterers, though you have to pay for every add on When its operational - i love it
Cons- Very over priced!!! - Forever having issues with the program not working. I lose too much time having to followup with customer service to fix issues. - Is hosted on a 3rd party platform and its forcing a new download access everytime. this make it slow as.. Other CRMs have been smoother operationally. - You have to pay for every addon... completely stupid idea and makes for costly program. the Web forms are hosted on a separate website which means you cannot customise without using customer service. - every update seems to create more issues - its slow in operation to change to different screens - it doesnt communicate with zapier so creating external forms or merging data is all manual

By Caterease on May 7, 2018
While we're glad you love the program features and concept, we¿re sorry to hear you've had problems. Please know we¿re extremely focused on the performance of our program, and developers work tirelessly to shave precious seconds off of features and ensure a positive experience for every user. Unfortunately, with variables such as internet speed, hardware and more it can be necessary for our team to work with you to troubleshoot your environment. I realize you are a relatively new user, but I want to encourage you to not accept anything less than exceptional performance, and not assume that any slowdown is the norm for our program. Please contact our support team and we will do we all we can to bring your program's performance up to par with our thousands of other satisfied users. Regarding price, please know our program has a huge list of features no other software offers, all for no extra price, and advanced modules with unique additional functionality are all purely optional.
May 1, 2018
Wendy G.
Catering Manager
June 12, 2017

“Caterease is simply the BEST!”

OverallBecause we love this software so much, there isn't much we don't like about it. Try it out and you'll understand what we mean.
ProsI have been using this amazing program for over 24 years. It is the most versatile and user friendly software I have ever used. The prints are flexible - yet SO professional. Anytime I call or email, the response time is amazing, their customer service far exceeds today's standard! I always appreciate the friendly, patient, & efficient support staff, they have an awesome product and an amazing staff to support it.
June 12, 2017
mindy m.

“We love Caterease”

OverallWe have used Caterease for over 10 years. We couldn't run our business without it. Thank you for your support.
ProsThe software is easy to use. It keeps track of all of my events. The support team is always great to help me with any question that I have. I am not very good with technology and they always answer my questions in terms that I understand. They stay on the phone with me until my problem is resolved.
ConsI wish the e mails through Caterease would hold an attachment.
Jet B.
Director of Sales
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
July 26, 2018

“We use Caterease for our Hotel Conference Center booking and catering. ”

OverallTime savings and a great way for staff to stay up-to-date on scheduled events. Prevents double booking and overbooking for staff available.
ProsMakes scheduling easy & can customize to fit our needs. Mobile app makes checking on schedule while out of the office a breeze! Awesome customer service and great training available. Video tips are always accessible to learn a new feature or to review how to do something.
ConsSo many components to learn the function of and some features are added cost. Would like more "side by side" function of having multiple managers (ie: scheduler & event manager) on screen at once.
Andrea S.
Manager, Catering & Events
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“Caterease”

ProsI really like the ability to customize the program for your unique needs. I like that I am not relying on the IT department and I can make changes myself. It is user-friendly and has streamlined our operations improving our overall efficiency.
ConsBecause I use the prints templates, I am limited to the customization of them. I know I could make my own prints so this is a very small inconvenience.
Jr E.
May 21, 2018

“Very easy to use and great support and training available!”

ProsEase of use, dependability, easy training, fast support, extensive thought put in to each aspect of program.
ConsOn site training is very expensive. However, we have found the website and support desk can help us through most questions and training for free.

By Caterease on May 28, 2018
Thanks Jr for your kind words. Just to let you know, we have many different options besides onsite training - many of which are free. Give us a call and we'd be happy to go over all of them with you and your team.
James M.
event specialist
May 22, 2019

“Wonderful Program ”

Overallmy office really loved this program ,
ProsCaterease makes a smooth and functional job entering and viewing of catring data , easy for both clients and staff to use . The program is constantly adapting to the needs of the clients and listens to the needs of catering professionals
Consthe tracing function was in need of improving but the programs itself updates and adapts frequently
May 22, 2019
Shirley B.
Division Manager
June 8, 2017

“Caterease has helped make Kimble's Events by Design the successful company we are today!”

ProsWe do love our Caterease package!! We have been users since 2000 so we have grown up with Caterease!! It is efficient and easy to use and gives us all that data and management tools we need to make our events a success!! We also just decided to research the mobile version of the program as we are going to have a sales person in the field in a couple of months! It truly is a great partnership!
June 8, 2017
Travis A.
Caterer
May 17, 2018

“Caterease and its support staff is AWESOME”

ProsEase of use, our entire team from FOH to BOH, chefs and sales team are huge fans of using this software!
Consnothing! this software is really fantastic! it is easy to use, user friendly and the customer service is amazing!

By Caterease on May 28, 2018
Thank you Travis for such an nice review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours and your teams and we don't take anything for granted. Cheers..
May 17, 2018
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2018

“Great for conference center use! ”

OverallI enjoy working with it daily and it enables my team to access the information they need to successfully book catered events.
ProsI love the ability to pull simple reports quickly and permission settings.
ConsIt's not very user-friendly and can be slow. Pulling detailed reports is difficult because of limited search functions.
December 6, 2018
chris b.
November 28, 2018

“Buyer Beware”

OverallThe sales team did not really describe the complexity in setting up this program. Basically you get a complete catering program that must be built up from ground floor by the client. I spent months trying to switching from my current catering software program and never was able to get the program to work. Finally after a few months we took a loss on the money and abandoned the program all together. I could only see the program working for a large company with an IT department that could handle programming the systems to fit the organization. NOT for any form of a small business.
ProsCaterease has a ton of options. But all must be programmed by the client. High level of computer knowledge and time required.
ConsEverything is very complex and must be programmed. Our team went from spending hours booking clients to hours learning and programming Caterease. Very very complex and requires a ton of hours to set-up. We even started losing money because all our time was spent setting-up the program. Nothing with this program is "Ready To GO". Very bloated. Many systems are listed in different areas creating a very congested and bloated feel to the UI

By Caterease on December 10, 2018
Chris, I¿m very sorry you¿re having a tough time transitioning to your new Caterease program. We are well-known for our extreme ease-of-use, but sometimes people who are not used to common Office Products have a slightly tougher time adjusting. Please stick with it ¿ and know that our entire team is here to assist however we can! Caterease is also known for its amazing flexibility ¿ so much of the program, from screens to prints, can be completely customized. Of course, we deploy the program ¿ready to go¿ with default settings. However, if a user like you wants to completely customize things to his particular needs, that does require a little setup on your part. Most programs don¿t let you customize anything at all. With Caterease, you can simply use the robust, complete program we send you straight out of the box or choose to customize it yourself!
November 28, 2018
Shirley B.
July 26, 2018

“We have used this software since 2000 and LOVE the ease of use and customer support”

OverallHappy Customers!!!
ProsEase of use, professional quality documents for our customers, Customer service is always very helpful
ConsI can't think of a thing we don't like about the software we use it daily and have never had any issues - this is truly the easiest and most complete software to manager our catering business
Danielle J.
Event Coordinator
Restaurants, 501-1000 employees
August 12, 2019

“Caterease in Event Planning”

OverallOverall, Caterease is a blessing in the event planning industry. From detailed client reports, to custom event prints, it truly covers all the bases and helps things to run more smoothly!
ProsI like the fact that you can practically customize your Caterease; meaning you can easily add, subtract, and adjust drop-down menu options, event prints, and filters. It helps in making it more user-friendly according to my specific restaurant. Caterease also keeps me organized and helps me to avoid making costly mistakes such as double-booking or forgetting a menu item. I also enjoy it being directly linked to my email, to promptly send clients necessary documents.
ConsI feel that the Caterease program tends to be a lot to look at and can get overwhelming if you do not know how to use it to its fullest potential. There are many tips and tricks you might not know about without reading through the large user's manual or getting proper training.
Sheryl K.
Accountant/Bookkeeper
11-50 employees
November 17, 2017

“Customization is amazing!!!!!”

ProsThis saves so much time and basically pays for itself in the end! I love all the customizable features available and I recommend this to any event company/coordinator!
ConsThey charge for training which I am not a fan of. And also the customer service isn't very accessible.
November 17, 2017
Elise G.
Special Events & Catering Manager
July 31, 2018

“The Caterease software is easy to use and perfect for our needs at Indian Ridge Country Club. ”

OverallThe ability to clearly communicate while standardizing information that is distributed to a number of departments within our country club.
ProsEase of use. I also appreciated the responsiveness of the sales team when our Club requested to update from outdated version to current version 18.
ConsI am pleased with the software, which I use daily. If I could make one change, I wish all the fields allowed us to change font style and size.
July 31, 2018
Kim J.
Business Owner
July 13, 2018

“The customer service was great. They helped us get the most out of the software.”

ProsIt is incredibly convenient to help run my business out of. Having everything in one place makes life so much easier.
ConsI did have to go through many tutorials to understand how to use a lot of it. However, the tutorials helped so much.
July 13, 2018
May 10, 2018

“Bought the desktop version, was not told that it could only be run on one computer at a time.”

OverallWe now own this catering software forever-more, so if anything happens with whatever else we're doing, I know we can at least fall back on this.
ProsThe Vantiv credit card processor was good value, it dropped out processing fees a bit... But that's a different company. The Caterease customer service started out okay; they were friendly at least.
ConsVery convoluted software, difficult to use, leaves you wondering 'why would they do that??' when looking at the way it was designed. If you buy one of the 'cheaper' versions, they lock most of the useful features (unlike a service like Total Party Planner). The customer service was OKAY at first, but once I realized we were not told of the restrictions the desktop version has, I asked for a refund as we had not even owned it for 6 months yet. You know that didn't happen. I've been told we'll get a refund for the unused maintenance service.

By Caterease on May 16, 2018
We're so sorry that you had a bad experience with our software. The desktop version certainly can work on more than one computer at a time. I'm sorry you were told otherwise. We've just released a new web-based version that is quite cutting edge. We'd love to give you a trial run on it if you would like to see all the new stuff. In any case, please call our offices so we can properly review your account and see what we can do for you.. Again - we're sincerely sorry for your bad experience.
May 10, 2018
November 7, 2017

“Loved using Caterease, was a bit of a struggle to learn”

OverallLoved having all info in one digital and accessible place.
ProsI love how you can implement other software with it like Allseated and Constant Contact. It is also so detailed and allows you to keep all your info into one digital place!
ConsI will say that it is a challenge to learn and because of the viewing settings, all users can customize their views which makes t nearly impossible to use any one else's.
November 7, 2017
Kimberly H.
Catering Sales Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
May 31, 2019

“Caterease”

ProsThe email capabilities and the customer service.
ConsThat you do not have access to the historical date after you discontinue service.

By Caterease on June 3, 2019
Kimberly, Thank you for your kind words about our hard-working support team! I'm sorry you seem to have had trouble learning the program. As you know, in addition to free support we have several online and live training options available to help ensure our customers are comfortable. I'll admit I am very surprised to see you did not view Caterease as extraordinary when it comes to features and functionality. We are renowned for our incredible feature set - which far surpasses any other software in the industry. I imagine your opinion here is connected to your comfort level with the program - which is completely understandable. Of course, we are always sorry when any customer discontinues service. Nonetheless, we go out of our way to make this transition easier for customers - even extending access for a period of time. Of course, as with any subscription service, we obviously cannot continue to provide access indefinitely - as I'm sure you can understand.
May 31, 2019
Jay C.
Food & Beverages, 1001-5000 employees
July 22, 2019

“Very happy”

OverallI am impressed, not only with the program but your customer service. The program is everything I could have hoped for and continually saves me time and money, also your customer service is impeccable!!
ProsIts user friendliness and ease of access
ConsUnless you get the whole package, you miss out on some benefits
July 22, 2019
Kara B.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
May 14, 2019

“Good, but hard to setup”

OverallI know this is the best software out there for me at this point, but I just wish it was a little better.
ProsThere are so many layers to this program, it can do so many different things... CRM, email templates, invoicing, etc. The setup process is very time-consuming and difficult at times... but the guys at the help desk are typically VERY helpful! Thanks!
ConsThe training through the setup process. The software is a big investment and there is not a great place to watch videos from start to finish on getting everything setup. There are videos, but they are not comprehensive for the VERY beginner... For instance, I really wasn't even sure how to launch the program the first time I wanted to work on it! The other thing is that it is pretty buggy on macs. I have A LOT of time waiting between windows, etc.
May 14, 2019
Nickia W.
11-50 employees
November 15, 2018

“Not user friendly for everyone”

ProsPurchased this product because it had such good reviews and felt that it made my job easier as a small catering business we someone usually books an event with us while attending someone else event and having a moblie app handy was really nice.
ConsMy co-owner did not find this product useful. We were not able to interface our Quickbooks online with this software which caused me to double work.
November 15, 2018
Events Services, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2018

“Caterease Review”

ProsIt was very functional for catering management. I liked how everyone could update it in live time.
ConsIt was a little clunky in some places. But I also think it could have been set up better on management end.
August 6, 2018
Stewart G.
Events Services, 201-500 employees
February 4, 2018

February 4, 2018
Al A.

“Nice App”

ProsCaterease helped with keeping me organized and efficient. It was easy to search clients, message them, and set up Proposals.
ConsIt would be better if I could link my payroll to the app for a seamless transition.
Michael B.
Co-founder & Owner
June 23, 2015

“Caterease is indispensable ”

OverallHaving been in the business for over 30 years and having worked on three continents. I have seen and worked with many event management systems. In 2013 I started my own business and was challenged by looking for event software that would be scalable and grow with me, Caterease hit all the notes for my business. Now 2 years in, I have been able to add the modules to match the demands of my flourishing business. Best satisfaction is when you get a cold call from a guest and inside of a10 minute conversation I'm able to send off a professional proposal along with a detailed email covering all my business can offer to a client.' Time and time again, clients state''You won the contract chef because you're not only talented in the kitchen but your speed to send all documentation shows how much you care about your guests' Whether you are just starting out in Hospitality or have decided to start up your own business after working for others. Caterease is indispensable and will make your business purr with a professional edge!
June 23, 2015
Caryn Roland, Heirloom Cuisine .
April 27, 2013

“Caterease requires a stronger connection”

OverallThe problem with Caterease is that I office out of my home and live in an area with satellite only internet connection. Caterease requires a stronger connection. This was never told to me in the beginning and not until I had paid for the software and tried to begin using it. After months and months and months of problems, I am finally starting to use the software (I purchased the software in September. This is now April.) They system is slow, at best, and I have to reboot it several times a day. I have to quit using it around 3 pm when apparently my satellite gets too busy. Had the Sales Manager told me the requirements of the system, I would not have purchased the system. The requirements listed in the original set up stuff is vague. My IT guy assures me that we comply with all the requirements. AT&T does not service my area. The only landline internet connection is through a shabby cable company who wants to charge me $$$$. I still believe the proper thing to do would have been to refund my money. I am using the software now because I paid for it and am going to make it work. I remain disappointed in the sales department, the customer service department and in the whole process. The software is slow and hard to learn. The tech support Caterease offers is great and I have so appreciated their assistance. But there is not training available with purchase (unless you pay more), everything is an upgrade and the whole experience has been less than pleasant.
ProsThe tech support Caterease offers is great and I have so appreciated their assistance
Consno training available with purchase (unless you pay more), everything is an upgrade and the whole experience has been less than pleasant
April 27, 2013
Jason F.
Operations Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
April 5, 2019

“Buyer Beware! Deceptive Pricing & Salespeople”

OverallIt's been absolutely horrible.
ProsCaterease seems to be a very full featured program... unfortunately we never really got the opportunity to use it
ConsTheir sales reps and pitches are extremely deceptive! - They advertise a monthly price, but that is for 1 user with a fairly limited feature set. If you were one user, there would be no need for a program like this. - They have "teaser" pricing -- give you a discount in year 1 (which they make up for with an implementation fee) -- and then scale it up in subsequent years. They're not stupid -- they know that this platform would be very hard to transition away from. - They will say anything (including lie right to you, over email) to get you to sign up. When you call them out on their lie on day 1 of implementation, sorry, no refunds. STAY FAR AWAY

By Caterease on June 1, 2019
Jason, I'm very sorry you were confused by our pricing - but please know that it is never - ever - our intention to be deceptive. Indeed, we couldn't mislead you if we wanted to; every piece of information about Caterease, from video tours to detailed pricing, is all easily available on our website. Please also know that our pricing is structured for the exact OPPOSITE reason than you assumed. Rather than trying to "tease" anyone, we have deliberately arranged less expensive ways for smaller companies to get into the program more affordably - and then their program can grow along with them as it helps their business grow. In any event, we regret that you misunderstood - and of course we are more than willing to work with you. Give our office a call. I'm confident we can work this out. Caterease Sales Management
April 5, 2019
Kelly L.
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
June 7, 2017

“Caterease has quite a bit of experience with catering software. Unfortunately, it can be challenging”

OverallIf everything is working perfectly, bids are much easier to write.
ProsWe like that Caterease is can be almost endlessly customized. This becomes overwhelming at times. It seems like it works best for hotel and banquet facilities.
ConsThe customer service is often rough. There seems to be an attitude that everything is always user error. It might be, but we would like to hear a little more concern when we call in.
June 7, 2017
Matt B.
Catering
April 18, 2018

“I love this program!”

ProsMy favorite thing about this program is that it looks just like my Office programs - so everything is so easy to use. I also love the cool browser-based dashboard and mobile app. I can't believe how much time this is already saving me - wish I bought it sooner!
ConsNothing yet! This program does everything I need and more.
April 18, 2018
Kathryn B.
Sales Director
Restaurants, 201-500 employees
October 15, 2019

“We switched from Caterese due to ease of use ”

OverallCustomer service is great, but they need to update their software and make it easier to work with clients. When you're doing private event business the ease of use and less steps is very important.
ProsIn the beginning I enjoyed how the software made it simple to work with the client to process contracts. Customer service was always knowledgeable and responsive. Our clients also seemed to have an ease of use as well.
ConsI felt that the software could do more and offer more compatibility with our websites and clients. We ended up switching to Gather because they have a lot more options in producing documents, having clients digitally sign and provide payment and it integrates with a lot of other software. Caterase lacks in those departments and we needed something that provided less steps for the vendor and the client.
Cassandra C.
Marketing & Promotions
Events Services, 11-50 employees
December 19, 2017

“Our business used Caterease for 1 month. We switched software because it was not easy to navigate.”

ProsWe liked that we could duplicate events with the same information, and that we could add accounts and contacts. Customer service was helpful with training.
ConsOverall, the software just wasn't convenient for our business. It was complicated to navigate. We needed something simple and easily customizable with features like a calendar and a contacts section. Caterease had these features, but they just weren't easy to navigate when you're busy.

By Caterease on December 22, 2017
Cassandra - We are very sorry to hear you are having difficulty getting started with Caterease - particularly in the area of navigation. Caterease is actually renowned for its fluid and intuitive navigation. We call it "Zig Zag Technology" and I honestly think that once you've experienced it for a while you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! While most software programs force you to navigate using a very rigid, step-by-step approach, Caterease lets you "zig-zag" from anywhere to anywhere. Say you're looking at an email from a client and you want to immediately open that client's event - a simple mouse click brings you right there! I know you've only used the program for a month. Let us provide you with a private trainer to assist you, and I'm certain you will love the flexibility and power of Caterease once you've gotten more familiar with it. Remember, there is always someone here to help you with any questions. - Kind Regards, Joe Biasella, Caterease Director of Support
December 19, 2017
Nigel S.
June 29, 2015

“Caterease is a vital part of our catering operation”

OverallWe love the fact that we have all of our event information under one tool with the ability to generate so many different reports from the kitchen to our front of house teams. The professional display and consistent look and feel of the quotes we produce from Caterease gives us the edge over our competitors and the flexibility of the print design tools means we can customize to our individual customer requirements. The support of the Caterease help desk is also fantastic. When your business is so reliant on a program like this it is vital the back up support is quick and efficient. This is certainly the case with the Caterease support team - they always respond quickly with prudent advice or a solution to meet our requirements.
June 29, 2015