Food Connex Ratings

Overall

About Food Connex

Food Connex is a full-featured software package created especially for Food Distribution and Processing businesses. The core system automatically tracks and processes every aspect of an order's life cycle from ordering, picking, shipping to payment - faster and more accurately than manual systems. Additional modules include SWAMI (Scan Weigh And Measure Instantly) scale and bar code integration, label generation for orders, and traceability with recall. Learn more about Food Connex

Vicky N.
Food Production, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2016

“Easy to use and great support!”

OverallI have found Food Connex very easy to use with a short bit of training. Once you have a minimal idea of how to use it you can freely look around and figure out how to do what you need to get done. When I have had questions or issues, I have regularly used their support services. They have been very quick to respond and quite helpful. There have even been small modifications to the program after I pointed out certain things did not work as I thought they should have.
ProsIt's easy to use. It's live. Changes to orders and inventory are immediate so everyone across the office and those in the field is on the same page. You can control user functionality as needed so trouble can be kept to a minimum.
ConsEvery morning some screens and activities are slow to start with no known cause.

By IMS Software LLC on December 6, 2016
Thanks for the great review we are proud of our support.
Rodney B.
Scheduling
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
January 5, 2017

“Best I've used ”

OverallA simple system to use, support has a quick turn around getting issues fixed. I've used systems that cost 100 times more that had less flexibility. Great software package for those in need of an internet based tool.
ProsThe simplicity of use via the internet.
ConsNo weekend support for scanning issues, and when you have to take the product off an order it has to be manually removed, not removed with a scanner.

By IMS Software LLC on January 6, 2017
Thanks Rodney for your valuable feedback,
January 5, 2017
Salvador C.
Wholesale, Self-employed

“What's not to like?”

OverallNo limit on users, use it anywhere with Internet access, connects to Quickbooks, no handhelds or special printers needed and it's live. Windows tablets and printers are getting better and cheaper. This is definitely the way to go for mobile invoicing.
ProsLive access, broad range of usable products, ease of use.
ConsMust have good Internet access and/or wifi
Recommendations to other buyersWinbook tablets and HP mobile printers work well.

By IMS Software LLC on December 16, 2016
Thanks Sal we are always looking for great users like yourselves/
Gina T.
December 16, 2016

“Boar's Head Distributor Review”

OverallThe staff and service support team are excellent. Very responsive with little or no wait time. Over the past several years, since we moved from "Food Connex" to VictualNet we have asked for several improvements that have not yet been programmed for improve ease of use. Specifically, having to bounce around from menu item to menu item instead of seeing everything on one screen in both the Inventory Item and Customer Master Menus. Inventory Master Menu should combine the cost and price onto ONE page and ADD the GP% in the same screen. THIS IS WHERE WE SPEND A GREAT DEAL OF TIME WATCHING OUR BUSINESS! Customers that are "inactive" should not appear in order entry customer pull down list. It has at times caused error in selecting the wrong customer. When changing ship to date in order entry, the system should recognize/change to the new dates prices/promotion. It does not currently. The system is still "hanging" after an item is selected in the order entry menu. It takes sometimes a min to catch up or times out. Also, the UOM after selecting an item is also hanging or timing out. There should be a check box to apply or not apply discounts set up to certain customers to credit memos either in the customer profile or in the promotions view. Reports: Many requested reports can only be accessed by VictualNet staff. I'd like to see more reports such as a price change list by customer available. Thank you! Gina Treanor Treanor Deli Provisions

By IMS Software LLC on December 16, 2016
Gina, Thanks for your input. We are constantly looking for positive feedback and we need to get to some of those requests in 2017.
Jon S.

“Satisfied Customer”

OverallAfter several years of using the Food Connex software, I can honestly say it's been one of the best investments we've ever made. Not having to deal with our own hardware and software has freed up countless hours of time and made my life easier. The reliability has been off the charts. I can't remember having any down time during business hours and it's something I don't even have to think or worry about. The ease of use and ability to log in from anywhere on the planet has allowed us to work from home when needed and process orders on the fly. The staff is attentive and always gets right back to us with answers to any questions we come up with. We're looking forward to many more years of working with the people at Food Connex.
Chaim F.
June 9, 2015

“We use the software primarily for billing and inventory management.”

OverallOverall the system performs very well enabling us to handle customer accounts very well in terms of billing and shipping product. We still have not maximized on the software's many features and hope to in the near future. Specifically, we would love to explore SWAMI and maximizing all the inventory tracking options. Pros: Versatile reporting; Customer pricing and order history; inventory cost history/receiving history. Cons: Would like to be able to manage my lists (customer details, inventory details) on a mass scale to save tediously reviewing each item or customer separately. This could be an issue as the inventory evolves and changes or as we integrate new features which require updating the items or customers.
Thomas E.
December 19, 2016

“Does what you need it to do”

OverallFood Connex has been very good to use. The Customer service is fantastic and they have a good answer for every question. The software itself, for a distribution warehouse, does everything we need it to do and more and the reporting features are excellent. I think it could be a little more user-friendly but with the training they offer, it helps. Since they are always making improvements I think this will get better in time. Overall I am very happy with Food Connex and glad we chose to use their system.

By IMS Software LLC on December 19, 2016
Tom, Thanks for the good review. Glad you find it doing the job.
December 19, 2016
Bill S.
June 5, 2015

“FoodConnex Cloud”

OverallFull disclosure I tried Food Connex Linux version and I bought it and never used it. Crazy move be me? Maybe but I didn't want to leave QB Enterprise accounting. Fast Forward to 2010 and the FoodConnex Cloud version that is QuickBooks integrated and I couldn't be happier. Of course there are still things I would like to see improved such as scanning capabilities but the team at Integrated listens to customer needs and makes improvements on a monthly basis. I am very happy at the ability to grow my inventory with cost control this cloud has provided to me and my team.
June 5, 2015
Olivia B.
May 19, 2016

“Great software for our food distribution program”

OverallFood Connex is an excellent sales and inventory management tool, and the support we have received from Casey and the team has been thorough and speedily delivered. As a new food distribution entity, this tool has been essential to support our growing business. Because of the level of detail involved, training new folks to become proficient can be daunting, but in general Food Connex has provided us with organized fiscal management, inventory control, and reporting that have enhanced our operation immensely.
James H.

“Overall pretty good”

OverallThe only complaint is the description line is too short. There are times when I need more description to give our customers a better idea of the product.

By IMS Software LLC on January 2, 2018
Thanks for the kind review. Just to let you know James we have increased our description to multiple lines for more accuracy for your customers. I will have support reach out to you so you can get this implemented.
Danie G.
Controller
June 9, 2015

“Great solution from a great company!”

OverallWe have been quite happy with this cloud-based solution for food inventory management. Not only is able to handle everything from purchase orders to label printing for each box we send out, but the staff has always been very responsive to our needs. We have looked at many other software solutions that cost a lot more money and have yet to see something that can do everything Food Connex can do.
Humberto G.
VP
June 8, 2015

“Best Cloud-Based Food Distribution Solution”

OverallFoodconnex Cloud provides an easy to use complete cloud-based solution for food distributors and processors. Real-time inventory for purchasing and sales. Powerful customer pricing structure allows for increased sales and margins. Errors are reduced with catch weights using SWAMI. Customizable management rules are built in allowing your business to prosper effortlessly. System up-time is good and reliable.
June 8, 2015
Sam C.
December 6, 2016

“Great software for small guys!”

OverallEveryone at Connex is great! This software gets the job done and is very robust for the distribution industry. It helps my company fill orders and produces great reports. I would definitely recommend for small to midsize companies.

By IMS Software LLC on February 13, 2017
Sam.Thanks for the honest feedback. Paul H-C
Paul V.
December 6, 2016

“Needs work, It can be better”

OverallManaging issues and e mail responses back and follow ups is vague, contrived, non existent, it just plan stinks.

By IMS Software LLC on December 16, 2016
Paul, we have tried to get in touch with you to improve our services. Please let's get this repaired for you.