iCare Ratings

Overall

About iCare

Flexible and comprehensive childcare software specially developed to mold to your needs, with tools to manage enrollment, scheduling, attendance, billing, accounting, and more! Learn more about iCare

Kim C.
technology support specialist
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
December 21, 2018

“Using iCare due to regulation Mandate”

OverallWe started using the program because the state of Washington mandated electronic attendance taking, it does a fair job of doing this, but the tech for our center does a lot of hand holding and support to make our usage viable.
Pros I have been the tech business for 40 years, and iCare Customer Service response has been the best I have used for a technology company. iCare was willing and did make requested updates, and they did so ina timely manner.
ConsThe program is not intuitive for: parts of adding a student; locating some settings; and graduating students to new class/program.
Catherine S.
Director of Communication
November 20, 2018

“Fantastic Upgrade from our old program”

OverallI have been a school administrator for over 15 years and iCare is the software I have always dreamed of having. Automated features, parent engagement and lightening speed. I used to wait on hold forever to reach someone, not iCare, they are so wonderfully tech savvy! Messaging, screen sharing, phone or email- I have all the support/access I need. Thank you iCare!!
ProsI love that it is cloud based and interactive with our parents and staff. We have only scratched the surface of what iCare can do and already it is lightyears ahead of anything else we found.
ConsThere is nothing about this software that I don't like-it loads fast, the tools are easy to use and I can access it from anywhere. If we come across something that needs to be tweaked to work better for our program, the response from iCare is great.

By iCare Software on November 27, 2018
Thank you so much for your kind words, Catherine. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us¿ We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. Team iCare
November 20, 2018
Greg W.
Co-Owner
January 13, 2016

“Wouldn't want to go without it !!!”

OverallAs the owners of a 7 day a week center with over 500 children, my wife and me decided to search for a better way to run our business. We brought ICare online in November of 2007 and it literally changed the way we do business. We were using a DOS program and had to enter weekly and daily charges in manually. For years, we did all attendance and food program for the children manually as well. Staff attendance was done with punch cards that required us to calculate hours before issuing checks. Now that we use ICare, we can quickly and easily run the reports we need and tuition is billed automatically. Overtime is calculated during the day ending process every night. Staff times are calculated and the report makes payroll a breeze. Reimbursement for childcare and food through state programs are easily justified since ICare organizes the information for you in simple reports. Over the years, I have requested tweaks and upgrades to the software and have been very pleased with the response/results I get. Because of ICare, we are able to keep payroll to a minimum and track everything that needs tracking with amazing ease. I would recommend ICare to any one in the market to simplify and streamline their business with software.
January 13, 2016
Shivonna H.
Executive Administrator
March 17, 2018

“DO NOT GET!”

ProsRight now they have a promotion so the value for the software is awesome. I love the overall look of the product once you get it. When you are looking to buy the product the sales reps are friendly and helpful.
ConsThe customer service/support. The do not have support videos and their training is nonexistent. They are VERY VERY rude after you have brought the product. I was told to schedule a training on Saturday. They were late to the "Training" and then it ended up being my sells rep that seemed mad that she had to train me on a day that she said they are not opened. I advised her that i was told to schedule it on this day and she kept interrupting and as i tried to address my concerns she said that in order for me to get help i have to write a question in their question forum. I advised her that they don't respond in a timely manner and if i have a problem i should be able to speak with them immediately, unless its outside of business hours. She proceeded to tell me that i could just not use the product. She didn't try to help me she just suggested not to use the product. When i asked to speak to a manage she just kept saying that i need to write a question or don't use the product. They are all from a third world country and they hardly speak English and they are rude. Do not get it.
March 17, 2018
Katherine G.
Director/owner
Education Management, 1-10 employees
December 27, 2018

“Pros and cons of icare”

OverallThat I'm getting technical support which are not throughly trained with Icare.
ProsThe cost. The one on one support I had at the beginning.
ConsThe technical support is not good . When I first signed up had more support.
Gina D.
Program Director

“Program Director”

OverallThe customer support always helps us with the problems. They are a great asset to your company. They knows what they are doing and they will explain what is the problem.
ProsWe have a lot problems every month with the software. I have to do a lot of fixing for our clients with their billing. If you do an update more problems surface.
ConsDuring the first of the month we do billing and that's when all our problems start. I had one time 2 months with no problems and I was excited that we didn't haven't to fix anything and than you guys did an update and all the problems surface back up and add more problems.
Lesley G.
Admin Assist
December 21, 2018

“First Year User Of iCare (migrated from CCM)”

ProsCustomer Service, without a doubt far exceed the 3 other Childcare Management softwares I've dealt with.
ConsIt is more an adaptation than a dislike. CCM was just already in place with all our needs for at least 10 years so it is taking time to match our habits to iCare's structure. The good news is that iCare is meant to be customizable and is highly adaptable to individual needs.

By iCare Software on December 24, 2018
Dear Lesley, thank you for your review and for choosing iCare Software. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
Chuck W.

“Does it all!”

OverallWe needed a software that would run not only our weekly tuition and attendance, but also work like a cash register for drop in parents who needed to leave deposits, be billed and make payments at pick-up. Icare does everything we need it to. Bills children automatically that use more time or days than they are scheduled to. It also runs our Child Care Food Program and calculates all the meals that the children have had, and produces our monthly reports that we use to bill the state for. The customer service is always quick to respond to any issues or questions we might have, and I would highly recommend this product to anyone in the child care industry no matter the size or hours of service provided.
Pam L.
Executive Director
October 15, 2015

“Very easy to use. Gives a director everything they need to run the center.”

OverallI've been using this software for 15 years. Upgrades have always met and exceeded my expectations. I've had a number of computers crash on me in these years and iCare has always been there to retrieve what I thought was lost information. They continue to always be right on the leading edge of our ever quickly changing technology. I have been so happy with all aspects of the iCare organization. Thank you for great customer service!
Lori S.
Director/Co-owner
November 2, 2015

“We have used Icare software for our 14,000sq ft facility since Sept 2006 and are still going strong!”

OverallWe love this POS software because it makes our business much more efficient. Icare software allows the parents/guardians to quickly sign in on our lobby interface answering several "RSVP" questions about their children, log in their times for billing purposes, helps head counts, stores family data and accounting, and much more! Their customer service is also impeccable.
November 2, 2015
Jessica H.
April 9, 2015

“Best Childcare Management Software”

OverallThis is one of the best childcare management software on the market. Easy to use and customer support service is phenomenal. Easy to use, pictures for each student and staff, one stop location for all our emergency contacts. Simple enough that even my husband could use it! Overall: 100% Satisfaction using this child care software.
April 9, 2015
Amanda A.
CARE Program Coordinator
November 21, 2015

“iCare for large after school program”

OverallIt took a while to get things up and running to make the system work with our current system, figuring out monthly and daily programming with all of our families, but the reps of iCare are extremely helpful and were able to get a wonderful system working for our after school program.
November 21, 2015
Jane T.
July 10, 2014

“Good Software”

OverallI have used the software for sometime now and it seems good enough. Not a super efficient 5 star software, but it does the job.
July 10, 2014