ProviderSuite Ratings

Overall

About ProviderSuite

At PracticeAdmin, we simplify the complex process of medical billing by providing healthcare professionals with powerful, easy-to-use, practice management software and solutions. Through our knowledge and expertise, we empower revenue cycle companies to dynamically grow their business. Learn more about ProviderSuite

Judy S.
Medical Claims Billing Specialist
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
March 12, 2019

“Good, Not Great, Practice Management Program”

OverallEasy to set up patient account. Claims entry is quick and easy. Claims entry and clearinghouse integration are seamless. Claims scrubbing is excellent, very rare claims errors, and errors are detailed on clearinghouse website, making claims correction and resubmissions almost painless. Customer service and tech service is outstanding and, by far, the best I have ever encountered with a Practice Management program. The only negative experiences I have with ProviderSuite is that the transaction history screens are poorly designed and almost impossible to interpret; and the user must take too many steps in order to "clean up" EOB/ERA posting.
ProsEasy to set up new patients and updated demographics and insurance information. Entering claims are quick and easy. This is the third practice management program I have used, and the claims scrubbing and clearinghouse integration are the best of the three! Almost no claims errors. PA assigns any claims errors to "buckets" which are reviewable on the home page, and then you can go to the clearinghouse website to get a detailed explanation as to why the claim was rejected or denied.
ConsWhile many features are some of the best I have ever encountered, others are extremely not user-friendly. The patient transaction history screens are very confusing and almost useless. My client's office staff cannot understand the transaction history screen at all, and if a patient has a question about their account, I end up having to pull out the paper EOBs and manually figuring it out myself, and then making an Excel spreadsheet to break down the account in understandable way for them. Patient payments do not automatically post to the total balance due; you have to post it to the claim, and then it's almost impossible to locate that payment later, particularly if the payment covers several claims. The transaction history screen only lists limited details, so if you are looking for a payment or something in particular, you have to search for it. Would be better if the transaction screen was listed chronologically, with ALL transactions displayed (claim, insurance payment, patient payment, etc.) on a line-by-line basis, so you don't have to go searching for a particular transaction. Insurance payment posting also could be easier; takes too many steps to "clean up" an account. Often, you have to update the debtor, transfer payments from one service line to another, from one claim DOS to another, etc. Statements could be less confusing for the patient if more details were printed. The Reports function is average. Would be nice if it was easier to customize reports.

By PracticeAdmin on March 15, 2019
Thank you so much for your review of our ProviderSuite solution! We are so glad to hear that the claims scrubbing and clearinghouse integration have worked so well for your billing company. We appreciate your feedback regarding the patient transaction history screen, we are always evaluating new ways to enhance our customers' experience. I will be sure to pass this information along to our product management team for review.
March 12, 2019
Kyle R.
Vice President
March 19, 2019

“REVIEW TO MAKE PA BETTER AND MORE USER FRIENDLy”

Overall(continued from above) but I don't buy that explanation. Those items could be archived in a database so as to be available "if" needed for audit trace in the future. The codes need to be simplified....some even mention specific Doctors (and they are no part of our practice). So why can I not have those deleted (or at least modify my view so I cannot see them)?
ProsOver my years of using the software, I've learned to navigate it's quirks. There are several issues but the Cons question won't allow me enough space.
ConsThere are numerous items that should be available to modify/customize by the user. For example, the list of transactions for Adjustments often repeat (ADJUST PER OFFICE is listed twice) or differ by only one word (ACCOUNT CORRECTION CR vs ACCOUNT CORRECTION CR-RESUBMIT). Adjustment codes attributed to specific insurance companies...those would be noted under the debtor column on the claim transaction detail page. I've been told that removal of those codes would interfere with audit

By PracticeAdmin on March 28, 2019
Thank you so much for your review of our ProviderSuite solution and for being a customer for over 11 years! We are so glad to hear that the claims scrubbing process and clearinghouse integration have worked so well for your anesthesiology practice. We appreciate your feedback regarding the patient transaction history screen, we are always evaluating new ways to enhance our customer experience. I will be sure to pass this information along to our product management team for review. Feel free to reach out to your Account Manager regarding any future enhancement request at 844-269-4780, option 5.
March 19, 2019
Debbie H.
Billing manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
December 10, 2018

“Happy we made the switch !”

OverallThe overall experience with PA has been great. The staff is always pleasant to talk with about new products or any concerns. They are always updating things to keep up with the technology and making the software always flow .
ProsWhen we switched to Practice admin there was a ton of things we liked about the software. The insurance card viewing attached to the patient. Trizzetto being easily accessible. The training that was offered. The flow of the entire program.
ConsThe only thing coming to mind that is a con would be when you delete an ERA from posted / pending review and then it puts it in the unprocessed ERAs. Then you have to delete it from there as well.

By PracticeAdmin on March 28, 2019
Thank you so much for your review of our ProviderSuite solution! We are so glad to hear that accessibility to TriZetto and our ongoing training program has worked so well for your team. We appreciate your feedback regarding the ERA process, we are always evaluating new ways to enhance our customers' experience.
December 10, 2018
Angela M.
January 10, 2017

“Office Manager”

OverallI appreciate the easy to the program. The consistent problem is when it interfaces with another program. We have had concerns when scheduling patients as well as billing. We have been the ones to consistently bring it to the attention of the program customer service reps. Either the patients do not process from scheduling to the other program or on to billing.
ProsThe program is user-friendly and the reports are very helpful in identifying information.
ConsInterface concerns are present and consistent.

By PracticeAdmin on January 10, 2017
Thank you for your kind comments about our ease-of-use, our reporting, and the value received. We're sorry to hear that you had issues with your EMR interface. Our interface team has built dozens of successful interfaces to EMRs, lab systems, and other third party products. While the vast majority run smoothly. there can be occasional challenges with certain vendors. If you are still experiencing interfaces issues, please be sure to open a support ticket with PracticeAdmin and your EMR vendor.
January 10, 2017
Melissa V.
Business Manager
March 13, 2019

“A client since 2006 - that says alot!”

OverallEveryone I have trained to use Provider Suite has commented on how easy it is to learn and use compared to other programs they have used at other offices. The customer and technical support teams respond within minutes and the upgrades are flawless. We have been a client since 2006 and have no plans to change that.
ProsEase of use and the upgrades are friendly! Plus they must have low turnover in customer and technical support because I always work with the same specialists and I rarely need to reach out to them.
ConsSeriously I can't think of anything - really.

By PracticeAdmin on March 28, 2019
Thank you so much Melissa for the wonderful review. It¿s great to hear that we¿ve been able to provide you with an excellent customer support experience since you started with us in 2006! We strive to go above and beyond with each and every customer interaction and truly do value your business!
Ginny C.
Medical Practice, Self-employed

“Somewhat Cumbersome”

OverallCustomer and support is top knotch its just that after using countless PM and EMR systems, I really don't see anything that stands above the others with your software.
ProsIt is easy to follow and user friendly for the most part.
ConsAll of the "buckets" are confusing I don't find them useful. The reports need to extrapolate more data for example, what patient;s have been assigned to bad address. I don't like that when you do an adjustment or transfer, it is not instant. If you do an adjustment on one line item, you have to wait until that one is finished to do the next one on that claim.

By PracticeAdmin on March 28, 2019
Thank you so much for your review of our ProviderSuite solution. When posting multiple adjustments from the claims adjustment details screen, simply click the Add To Preview button after each entry to make sure that what you¿re posting is correct and then click the Commit Preview button once you¿re finished so that everything will post at once. As a reminder, PracticeAdmin customers can take advantage of unlimited group training classes as part of your monthly subscription fees. To schedule a training session with the PracticeAdmin training department, please use our online training calendar reservation system: https://attendee.gototraining.com/2923d/catalog/4288312322618218752 You may also contact our support team for additional assistance at 844-269-4780, option 1.
Kristy O.
Billing company, owner
March 10, 2019

“Cost effective for anesthesia practices”

Overall"PracticeAdmin is great for Anesthesia practices. I love how the system can auto-populate billing codes as I enter them which saves me time. I don't have to manually do the math."
ProsIntuitive software that I've found to be super user friendly.
ConsMore specific anesthesia based practice reporting.
March 10, 2019
JENNIFER P.
ADMIN
June 5, 2018

“GREAT PRODUCT!”

ProsI love this program, very very easy to use and figure out on your own how to work around in it. Awesome product!!!
ConsThe only problem I ever had with this product is that it tends to freeze or not respond when the computer needs to be updated to keep up with its running system.
June 5, 2018
Chris C.
president
Insurance, Self-employed

“Provider Suite”

ProsThe ease of use. Not complicated at all.
ConsNothing really. Enjoy working on the software.

By PracticeAdmin on March 28, 2019
Thank you Chris for the wonderful review, that means a lot coming from a customer that¿s been with us for over 10 years!
Michelle S.
Medical Practice, Unspecified
February 23, 2015

“I have used PA for over 6 years. We use scheduling/billing for MD ”

ProsIt's very easy to use compared to the 5 other software products we have to support due to clients picking different systems for EHR needs.
ConsI wish that it had a great EHR companion, and support needs to be increased. It feels like they are spread pretty thin and are not as timely in response to our tickets at times, and it is the same person taking care of us.
Recommendations to other buyersNo system is ever going to be perfect, but PA is willing to consider all requests for enhancements and does their best to make sure that Apex can provide the best system for our clients.
February 23, 2015
jamie h.
Billing Specialist
March 29, 2019

“BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!”

ProsVery user friendly and ease of updates make it for this office.
ConsHonestly haven't found anything that I would consider a con.

By PracticeAdmin on April 11, 2019
Thank you so much for your review Jamie, we appreciate your business!
March 29, 2019
Chela E.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
March 29, 2018

“Did a trial and worked very well”

ProsI did a trial run on it trying to figure out the program and see if it was useful for us. As a scheduling contractor we thought this would be a good selection.
ConsThis product works best with healthcare and all that good stuff. To just use it for the perks of scheduling is no good, it's way to complicated for the use we wanted it for.
March 29, 2018
Kerry B.
office manager

“Practice Admin”

ProsThis program is pretty easy user friendly. It has been good to work with overall.
ConsRecording payments as a lump sum would be best instead of having to do a breakdown on each charge.
Kathy D.
August 26, 2014

“Practice Management the is simple to implement and Stay on top of your Revenue!”

OverallPractice Admin is one of many Practice Management systems that I have used. It is my choice for clients without an integrated EMR/PMS solution. It is simple to implement, easy to get EDI in place and works well for practices of 1-5 physicians. The pricing is so competitive and makes it a great choice for all of my clients. The Today Screen gives you an instant summary of every component of your revenue cycle and allows the office management team to be aware of challenges in the billing offices before they get out of hand. Reporting is very robust but would really like to have the ability to do Crystal Reporting or simple customizations to the standard reports for unique situations.

By PracticeAdmin on August 26, 2014
Thanks for the feedback! Also, enhanced on-demand reporting capabilities to complement the 350 reports currently in the product are on our road map.
Karen M.
December 13, 2016

“PA in my POV”

OverallPA could be a very useful program. It has many quality functions and is, for the most part, user friendly. However, there are a few things that I wish were different or could be changed and the customer support was better. I have found it very difficult to get in contact with customer support or to get a call back in a timely manner.
Proslove the flow of the screens user friendly
Consdo not like the reports customer support respond time
Recommendations to other buyersget training find your own way and shortcuts
December 13, 2016
Kelley E.
August 22, 2014

“PA/ARI”

OverallI am not liking the new dx layout from the last update. Overall I like the easy use of the system. ARI has to be one of my favorite tools. I just know that even after all these years with PA that I am not using ARI to the fullest. I have been able to teach my accounts over the phone (w/o a GTM) how to enter pts, add insurance co, run reports ect.. PA has so many reports that I can run in many different ways (DOS/accounting) and ALL my accounts LOVE the fact that I can give them a reports minutes. Looking forward to many more years with you all. Thank you!

By PracticeAdmin on August 22, 2014
Thank you for the feedback about the dx layout! We appreciate your continued business and thanks for your positive comments.
August 22, 2014
Kristy O.
April 16, 2015

“Good PM Partner”

OverallPracticeAdmin is the third PM company I've worked for since taking over the management of my business, and I most like their user-friendly software and the reports feature. Their customer service is good and very responsive. While comparably they may be more expensive than other software I've used, they also provide a good product and better service than other companies. I also think their partnership with the TriZetto clearinghouse could use some improvement. Overall PracticeAdmin has a good product and is very responsive when our clients have questions.

By PracticeAdmin on April 16, 2015
Thank you for your review! We'll definitely look at how we manage our partnerships in the future.
April 16, 2015
Mike B.
September 29, 2014

“Great practice management software, great support”

OverallRevenue cycle management is difficult work, so the software matters. And as much as my company supports clients on many major PM software platforms, including Epic, ECW, EMD, Vitera, Allscripts, NextGen and others, the best medical billing results are achieved by us using PA's PM system. For larger volume practices and medical groups, there are many features of the software that greatly assist in workflow management, and for denial management, the ARI module is the best there is. The tools available in the PA system are first rate, and the support of that system is first rate too. If you need help, PA's customer service is there for you.
Patricia L.
September 10, 2014

“Practice Admin Review”

OverallOverall, a good software. Its a little complicated when you are first starting out, but gets easier with time. I wish they were able to customize reports a bit more, but for the most part, they have everything we need. Customer service is slow to respond sometimes, but they eventually get around to us!
September 10, 2014
Michelle S.
VP of Operations
August 26, 2014

“Enrollment process for my new clients”

OverallI have worked with PA for 6 + years and still to this day receive excellent customer service. Even when I do not get the answer I want, I am made to feel that PA has and will consider all of my requests. Their sales department is so timely in their responses to me. Thanks to Diane and Jim for everything!
Linda Y.
June 2, 2015

“We have been a customer of Practice Admin for several years. We have really enjoyed the system”

OverallThis system is really easy friendly. All of the staff have been very helpful and get back to our issues in a timely manner. Would highly recommend this system.

By PracticeAdmin on June 5, 2015
Thanks so much for your review and your compliments about our support team.
June 2, 2015
Michael L.
September 29, 2014

“Review of PracticeAdmin's Practice Manager”

OverallWe have been very pleased with the functionality and effectiveness of Practice Manager and appreciate very much all of the support we receive from the PracticeAdmin Team.

By PracticeAdmin on September 29, 2014
Thank you for such a positive review!
Sayeeda K.
August 15, 2014

“Claims”

OverallPractice Admin is very easy to submit claims electronically and you will see the funds in your bank account in no time.

By PracticeAdmin on August 22, 2014
Thanks! It's always nice to hear such positive comments from a customer.
August 15, 2014