Yes Management System Ratings

Overall

About Yes Management System

The YES Management System is a powerful & fully integrated shop management solution for single or multi location repair shops. Since 1988, YES has been helping shops sell more maintenance, manage day-to-day operations with greater efficiency, obtain consistently higher profit margins & improve customer loyalty. Features include Scheduling, Invoicing, Marketing, Vehicle History, Custom Reports, Catalog Interfaces, Time Clock, Inventory & Fully Integrated Accounting Options. Learn more about Yes Management System

Martin F.
August 12, 2017

“Reviewing YES is a pleasure. We have used the program since 1984. The PACE staff is like family.”

ProsThe breadth of the YES program is amazing. We do not use all the modules, but still learn something new each day about the modules we do use. I was going to start to list some of the modules critical to our business needs, but when the list easily went past a dozen, I figured I'd best just direct you to their website. The support we get from PACE is outstanding. When we are down, a return call comes back in less than ½ hour. They remote directly in, and problems are cured quickly. Services like training and customization are well handled. We understand that shops with down systems come first, but a short 24-hour wait is common and totally acceptable for our simpler extended needs. Versatility is a huge plus. Motor Works tracks how new customers found us, which coupons work best, we produce follow up reminder lists, and tons more. PACE can configure the YES program to take care of all these requirements and more. In addition, knowing our needs, they have directed us to useful parts of their program we had no idea existed. PACE has also provided quick tutorials on business practices that were new to us. The future for PACE's new YES 4.0 looks bright indeed. We will shortly be a beta tester for YES 4.0, and have had some interesting discussions about what's under the hood. Man, are we excited. PACE is pushing the envelope hard. They are going to be a big force as management systems migrate to the next generation. Hang on for the ride! We are!
ConsDue to loss of staff, support has at times in the past, been less than stellar. (Loss of staff has crippled Motor Works in the past too.) PACE support is fully staffed and top flight as I write this. Also, their tablet interface is not ready for prime time. That is not a problem, as a current redesign of YES will include a redesign of the tablet system too.
August 12, 2017
Lisa M.
January 25, 2017

“This software will make you money!”

OverallThis software was not the easiest to set up, but after setting up job kits one time they can be used on any make, model, and year vehicle when using Activant in combination with Yes. You can build a timing kit fully loaded and complete an estimate in about 3 minutes with labor and parts prices. The support is the best. Any time I had a question about wanting to be able to do something with this software they were there to show me that it could be done. I highly recommend you invest your time and money into YES and it will change the production in your shop.
ProsIt makes building estimates faster and easier than any other software. You can have labor and parts prices and availability in minutes.
ConsIt takes some time to set up job kits and learn how the software works. But it is still worth the investment of time. Because in the long run you will save much more time than it takes to get set up.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you want to get set up and running as fast as possible, use the support team to help you. Call them and they are there, don't wait until you are frustrated to call. Call when you first are not sure what you need to do.
January 25, 2017
CURTIS R.
OWNER
May 31, 2017

“I DARE SAY THAT JENNIFER WA VERY HELPFUL AND FOUND A WAY TO MEET MOST ALL NEEDS RATHER SWIFTLY. ”

OverallCLEAR CONCISE INVOICING, INVENTORY, BOOKEEPING, SCHEDULING AND CUSTOMER HISTORY. ALL THESE ARE NEEDED TO REMAIN ON THE EDGE OF GROWING AND MOVING FORWARD.
ProsI LIKE THE VERSATILITY AND COVERAGE OF SPEEDING UP OUR PROCESSES IN BUSINESS. QUICK, SLICK AND TRICK.
ConsIN THE PAST SOME OPTIONS WHICH WERE VERY USEFUL TO US WERE DROPPED FOR UPGRADES, THESE WERE USED ALOT BEHIND THE SCENES TO WORK ON OUR BUSINESS AS OPPOSED TO IN IT. THESE SHOULD BE MADE AVAILABLE AS OPTIONS AT LEAST. CASE IN POINT THE INVOICE NUMBERS WERE NOT ABLE TO BE EXPORTED TO QUICKBOOKS UPON MY ENTRY TO THE SOFTWARE. WELL PLAYING INSIDE OF IT FOR A SHORT WHILE I FOUND THAT ADDING A SYMBOL,# TO THE INVOICE NUMBER ALLOWED IT TO GO RIGHT THRU WITHOUT FAIL. FUNNY THING WAS I WAS TOLD IT WASN'T POSSIBLE. OH BY THE WAY OUR NEXT UPDATE A WEEK LATER.... WAS FOR THE INVOICE #. WE BUY COMPUTERS AND PROGRAMMING TO WORK FOR US, NOT US TO WORK FOR IT.
Terry H.
Gen. Mgr.
Automotive, 51-200 employees
May 23, 2017

“For the most part Yes and Rick have been a good experience. I know our business matters to them. ”

OverallA huge learning curve.
ProsYes is typically versatile to accommodate most operational desires. Over the years the good thing about Yes is its versatility and the bad thing about Yes is its versatility. For us it gets the job done or we wouldn't still be using it. As we look to the future I hope Yes can keep up with the times so we are not faced with having to switch. I realize it is harder for a smaller company to accomplish this, but appreciate their loyalty to us.
ConsMarket Manager-Used for a few years now uses another outside company. Bought Time Clock and still are punching time cards. Don't trust it for payroll and it won't automatically figure overtime. Biggest frustration at an admin level is its unfriendliness for multiple locations. A lot of admin profiling, pricing, etc. has to be done 6 times once in each location.
Yehuda L.
service director
May 23, 2017

“Have been using Yes management system since 1990 when DOS and windows 3.1 definitely the best !!”

OverallCustomer Data base with email option to bill/remind/promote/announce/communicate Inventory control , pricing, on the fly tracking shows you last purchase price and vendor and even the last customer who bought it. All the reports you could think of
ProsThe system is so very flexible and customizable to your daily billing /receiving Inventory /ordering on the fly and billing simultaneously to any invoice from one screen you can track get all the reports you could ever need about customers / inventory / profitability. Email customers invoices/ thank yous / reminder and the biggest plus is that if you feel you need something that the software does not do (can't imagine what) they will added for you. I have looked at other systems and they don't even come close
Martin P.
VP
June 5, 2017

“Excellent product. Would like to see some problems resolved more quickly. ”

ProsI like the ability to drop parts on an invoice from Worldpac and NAPA. I also like the scheduling feature. The license plate to vin decoder is also very useful.
ConsGlitches when dropping parts on invoice from Worldpac and NAPA. Items drop to the top line instead of the bottom line. Manufacturer code is added to the part number when ordering parts from Worldpac. Have asked numerous times to have problems resolved with no results. When multiple parts are ordered from NAPA it creates multiple invoices from NAPA. The NAPA interface is sluggish and not as good as the Worldpac interface.
Erik H.
Co-owner
May 23, 2017

“Started with DOS migrated to Windows and have had several updates in the 19 years of use.”

OverallEase of use, invoice generation and file storage.
ProsEasy to use, keeps track of everything. Customer service is great, very quick to resolve issues and help understand the how and the why of operations.
ConsNew vin decoder erases previously entered info. Still having problems with different mark ups between different vendors. Recent update also added selections when part# is entered. We used part number to identify venders not actual part #'s EG. enter NA would bring up NAPA, now brings up whole list of possibilities.
Barbara A.
June 5, 2017

“Well liked by all staff”

OverallEverything is on one soft ware. No need to buy second software to do your job
ProsRecord keeping is so much easier. Love the payroll function. Keeping track of returned products are a money saver for our company since it tracks person, date and time the product was sent.
ConsNot easy to set up forms, there needs to be better training when you first get the program and the manuals that were sent with the software were not a good information source
Joe M.
May 31, 2017

“Have used Yes for 7 years with 2 shops”

ProsIt has a lot of good features that cannot be had with the larger software vendors . I also like that they customize your invoices, and their customer service has always been great. Customized reports are great too.
ConsThe program can be glitchy at times. But far less than other software that i have used. Does take a fair amount of time to set up also. Email marketing should be automated to take place automatically.
Alicia R.
May 23, 2017

“Great Software! Anytime I have an issue it is resolved with great customer service. ”

OverallIt akes my job much more easy.
ProsWhen I first began working at our shop it was extremely easy to learn. The training videos were wonderful. It makes my job so much easier! The customer service has been wonderful. Anytime I have a problem it is resolved. Most times very quickly!
ConsThe only problem I really have is not being able to use Norton Security. Only other problems is minor stuff that occurs but it usually gets resolved fairly quickly.
Ron N.
Service manager
May 25, 2017

“Ez to use and support has been superb”

OverallMakes writing customer invoices much faster using the job kits
ProsEasy to use ,and the ability to plug in other auto software like alldata and parts houses like napa autoparts makes it quicker then toggling between each web page for info
ConsMaking changes in setup can be a real headache for an example putting together job packages has to be more user friendly Im pretty computer saavy and I have trouble from time to time
May 25, 2017
ROB M.
OWNER
June 1, 2017

“WE HAVE HAD YES FOR 20 YEARS IT IS A GOOD PRODUCT , SOME YEARS SERVICE IS GOOD AND SOME YEARS NOT ”

OverallAND EASY SYSTEM TO INCORPORATE TWO STORES, EASY TO TEACH NEW SALES FRONT COUNTER PEOPLE
ProsFRONT COUNTER SALE IS EASY TO TEACH AND FOR SALES PEOPLE TO LEARN. REPORTS FOR HOURS BILLED IS GREAT, BILLING AT END OF THE MONTH GREAT
ConsGETTING MISSPELLED WORDS OUT OF YEAR/MAKE/MODEL, CALLING AND BEING TOLD THERE IS NO FIX AND THEN CALLING BACK ( NEW PERSON ) AND HAVING IT FIXED
June 1, 2017
Dawn B.
May 31, 2017

“I love Pace Software. It is easy to use and the customer service is amazing!!!”

ProsI am not a computer person, this system is so easy to use. It keeps track of everything for me, the reports are awesome, inventory control is awesome and I love the history I have on all of my customers. On the rare occasion that I have a problem the customer service is always there to help and fixes everything remotely!!
Craig J.
November 29, 2015

“This Software runs my business and makes me more money”

OverallI have run this software since 2010. It is one of the few companies that lets you purchase the system and doesn't make you feel like a *** when you call them to ask a question or have a concern. Their customer support is fast, they log on to your computer and fix the problem - even if it is a system issue and not their issue, they help resolve the problem. The silver bullet with this system for me is: Every document- The invoice, tech work sheet etc is customized for your shop- no standard forms you have to live with. The second is the follow up box printed on the customer invoice that shows all your tracked services(I have 22)- when they were performed and when they are due again. This information is sent out to the customer in the form of a reminder(E Mail or postcard), can be used by a 3rd party vendor and that same box can be printed on the tech sheet avoiding recent duplicate recomendations. When I want to add or change something it is a quick process. Their support fee's are affordable. Jennifer is my rep. but they all do a great job. I am on the west coast on I can call at 5:30 my time to get issues resolved before I open and they have one person that stays late their time for us on the west coast. No other software company has their tracking system or lets you make your own documents. I recommend you call owners of these and other systems before you purchase before you buy. Their is also a old PACE system that was out of Canada that people reference in a bad way so make sure you are talking about the PACE YES system in Florida.
November 29, 2015
Jason B.
May 23, 2017

“The best overall system for the money.”

OverallWe are able to run our business more efficiently.
ProsThe features the YES system has are HUGE. There are lots. It's probably the most comprehensive system I have ever seen, and I've tested a lot.
ConsSometimes when there's an update it causes another unexpected problem that wasn't there before, and those can take some time to resolve.
Kim C.
Previous President
May 31, 2017

“We have used this software for 18 years ”

ProsTiered pricing mark-up Billing/Invoicing Reliability for on a daily basis Vehicle History look up
ConsReports are difficult to run All module training on U-Tube could be better Interface with other types of software (Quickbooks for example) We have to have this on a separate server
Steve M.
May 24, 2017

“over all a good product, has some export issues to QB”

Prosable to set up matrix pricing, were able to bring in old data from past system, able to use multiple labor rates, overall support is good
Conssometimes the account names in pace won't transfer to QB accounting software, Online training is not the most interactive and helpful
Mike B.
May 24, 2017

“I have used the Yes Management System for over 24 years, best on the market in my opinion”

OverallAccurate customer records and invoicing.
ProsThe invoicing and customer records part of the software make taking care of my customers so much easier than a handwritten system
ConsSome of the advanced features are difficult to figure out and navigate without calling customer support
Dale G.
May 23, 2017

“Every item that I need to help run the "books" seems to be in this program.”

Overallinfo at a push of a key.
ProsWe have been with the Yes system from the very beginning and never needed to look for any other system. Support has always been there if and ever needed.
Larry L.
Owner / COO
May 23, 2017

“It has been hard to learn everything it can do”

OverallI can track sales and get the reports I need very quick
ProsTracking is very good, and can look up customers very quick along with history. Would like more training
ConsI feel like my company could use some more training. Its like we only know enough to get by and could probably make our jobs easer and sell more work.
Brady J.
June 5, 2017

“Always willing to help with tech support, great value over competitiors”

ProsKeeps track of everything that I need, good matrixes and organization. Price is not bad for what you get.
Mike M.
May 23, 2017

“Customer experience was very good. Very caring and customer driven company”

OverallGreat inventory module.
ProsVery customizeable, lots of very cool features. You can set this up for many special situations such as price packages, etc. We had Mitchell and switched. very glad we did.
ConsIt does take some time to set up. It's a bit of a task to get all the bells and whistles set up the way you want. However, the customer service team at this company was with me every step of the way. Overall good experience.
David W.
December 28, 2015

“Great software, fits our needs nicely.”

OverallOur shop has been happily using YES by Pace since 2005. YES meets our needs very well and we are very happy with it. The I received two pieces of advice while looking for a shop management system. The first was to make 3 lists. The first list is the things the software must do these are the deal breakers. The next list is for things that it should do, but they are not deal breakers. The last list is for the stuff you would like to see it do, but if they are not available it is no big deal. Then evaluate the software based on the lists, start with list one and toss out SMS that do not have everything on that list, the move to list two and finally the last list. The second was that getting a shop management system was like a marriage, you are going to be tied to it for a long time. Take your time in the dating phase and check it out. After you are down to a couple possibilities run them side by side with your current software to see what and how they do things. Tech support was very helpful during our checking out their software, they even extended the trial period for us. After defining our needs we found that YES fit them very nicely. By utilizing the features of the program it has paid for itself many times over.
Brian B.
ceo
February 28, 2017

“Big promises, slow or no delivery. ”

OverallAS it was presented, this product sounded great. The integration was rough, cumbersome, and problematic. We have paid a monthly support fee for years, but can't ever seem to get through all the programming errors that are constantly popping up as they modify the program. The GL quick-books integration has never been seamless or 100% accurate. In hindsight, I wish i would have gone another direction. It may work great as a stand alone program, but it hasn't worked good with other programs besides quick-books and wrench-head consistently.
Proscustomer database
Consintegration and support
Recommendations to other buyersHigher skilled techs with more skills and experience in Quickbooks that are able to solve problems accurately.
February 28, 2017
Shawn F.
May 23, 2017

“We have been using it for about 10 years now. Seems to be a little unstable at times. ”

ProsWell it did have integrated GL which I was one of the reasons that I went with the YES System over various others. The other was some of the flexibility it had over other software. It no longer has the GL piece and I had to spend several hundred dollars more to get the GL software they now require.
ConsThe GL piece was discontinued and support for it dwindled. Seems rather unstable at times. Can not always figure out the various problems or why they are happening.
Bob M.
Service Writer
December 30, 2015

“Using the system since August 2014.”

OverallThe PACE Management System went live August 1, 2014. The system was converted from the Precision Data System (PDS), which had been installed for many years. Pace wrote a conversion program to convert the history from PDS, which we did not want to lose. After they converted the history, we were able to use that data in a test mode before going live. I personally worked in the Information Technology arena for over 30 years and the support PACE provides is the best I have associated with. They customized reports to meet our needs and designed the invoices so we can use plain paper instead of have custom forms, thus saving money. When you call they are very quick to respond, which is very important in this business. We are not using their accounting modules, but have an interface to Quickbooks. Overall the system is working for our shop. It is very nice to have a real time system, rather than a batch system, which is important in running a business today.
Becky W.
November 3, 2015

“Increases sales, reduces expenses”

OverallBeen using this software since 2000 and it's very easy to teach new people to use. It enables us to schedule work in advance for each tech, so we can tailor the work to fit the person with the skills. Tracking the maintenance for each car means we can review what each vehicle needs at the time of appointment, which makes each visit more productive. Using the inventory features enables us to make weekly stock orders for all our vendors. This reduces the activities of the office and helps us make better buys. In each and every case where we wanted to accomplish a goal, the YES people were ready to explain how the system already does that and teach us "here's how". While support is rarely needed, when it is, Jennifer, Brian, Pat and Rick are all over it quickly and efficiently. The years we spent evaluating every known software program in the process of selecting the YES system have paid big dividends. We couldn't love this company more.
November 3, 2015
Cheryl F.
May 31, 2017

“Do not seem to keep up with current trends-com. between tech and ser writers. Pics to customers.”

OverallEasy to learn.
ProsEasy to learn and use. Commands are logical. Reports are fairly easy to create and much of the marketing information needed is easy to access.
ConsNo digital inspections available or interfaces with other digital inspection systems. Support is required make any changes for our output information. Purging old data is no longer available.
Lee M.
May 31, 2017

“HAVE USED YES FOR FOR OVER 15 YEARS, UPDATES ALWAYS LATE & SYSTEM IS BEHIND THE CURVE”

ProsPRESENTABLE REPAIR ORDERS, MOSTLY ORGANIZED INVENTORY, HELPFUL EMPLOYEE EFFICIENCY TRACKING, FAIRLY EASY TO USE KITS
ConsLACKS FEATURES OF COMPETING NEWER SYSTEMS, UPDATES HOPELESSLY BEHIND. WHEN UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE, NEVER INFORMED OF SAME (EVEN THOUGH WE PAY MONTHLY FOR SYSTEM REPAIR / SERVICE)
Lisa M.
December 31, 2015

“The job kits are the best one kit works on any year make or model. What a time Saver/money maker!”

OverallThis software has the best estimate building/parts purchasing abiliyt of any software. We have looked or used them all. All you need to do is spend the time with the help of the great staff a Pace Computers and they will teach you how to use each feature of the software and make it do exactly what you need it to do to be efficient. The only regret I have is that for many years we only used about 40% of what the software could do. Best decision was to creat a list of the jobs we commonly preform and build a jobkit for each to automaticaly look up labor and parts for the job with just a few clicks of a button. A subscription to Activant will make you so much money when used with the Yes software. With the two together one Canned Job (Job Kit) will work for any year, make, and model vehicle. No other software has been able to do that!!!
December 31, 2015
Jason B.
February 3, 2016

“great value!”

OverallI've owned and/ or demo'd 4 different management systems and decided to go to this one. Used it since 2006 when we were a two man shop. We're now a 4 tech, 2 advisor 8 bay shop. Seems like the bigger we get the better it works. They are always releasing new updates with new features, and I rarely have to wait over 30 minutes for an English speaking support person to call me back if I have an issue. Sometimes they even take my call right away, which is almost unheard of anymore. I also know a shop running 7 locations on this software who is happy with it. The only negative I could say is that the software may take a little time to get used to and set up due to it being so customizable, but once you get it going, it is almost limitless. I'd recommend it. Haven't found better software for the money.
February 3, 2016
David C.
January 5, 2016

“WE have been using PACE for 14 years.”

OverallWe like the software very much. It is a robust software so there are a lot of steps and it takes a little time to learn it. The part that elevates this software from Good to Great is the exceptional service and support that the staff at PACE give to their customers. Seriously, we feel spoiled by the support staff. There have been many issues and challenges from the type of hardware we have used to the whole IT solutions we have had to engineer to support our growing needs. PACE has been right there every step of he way to help us engineer a solution to meet our needs. I am a grateful and satisfied PACE customer. Dave Carney, President Hillside Auto Repair Torrance California
January 5, 2016
John V.
December 28, 2015

“Great, all around reliable product.”

OverallI have been a long time Pace software customer since the early 90's. I cannot boast that I have ever implemented any other software. The reason that I have stayed loyal to Pace Software is the customer service. I believe that all programs, in all fields, will have their share of growing pains and glitches, and by nature, will have a learning curve. It is how you go about handling them that counts. Pace Software really lives up to the challenge in that respect. Thanks to all of you for always being there with professional, courteous, and prompt, service whenever needed.
Greg B.
May 19, 2016

“This software works very effieciently, and is very effective. ”

OverallThe yes system helps us measure our profitability of our stores on a daily basis. We have been using YES for many years and has been a great addition to our daily operation. The customer service from this organization is absolutely the best in the business. The team at YES does an outstanding job of getting us through concerns and problems when they arrive, even if we created them ourselves. The only thing this software is missing in our opinion is a way to imput a Labor Matrix that is linear.
May 19, 2016
Barbara K.
VP
October 28, 2015

“Love this software and Love, Love, Love this company!”

OverallWe have been using this software to run our auto repair shop since the old DOS days and have been happy with the program all along. The technical and client support has been outstanding since day one! This software makes it super easy to manage your shop and watch your numbers at the same time. Call me for details or with questions, I will be happy to share specifics with anyone. 636-978-8038.
Craig G.
October 28, 2015

“This system does all that is necessary for me to run my business.”

OverallHave been with this software for over 20 years, really from its beginning. It has grown from a basic system to one with many features. Does the job well! The support team is quick, (when needed questions on how to come along. As the name of the software states the answer to any suggested changes or enhancements has always been YES for me. I would be willing to speak to you about this excellent software.
Michael H.
December 30, 2015

“Wonderful, Comprehensive Software Option”

OverallWe've been using Yes since 2008 and have been very pleased with the way this software has made things more profitable and easier for our daily operations. The amount of options and features of the software is truly amazing. I highly recommend Pace and the Yes Management System.
Paul v.
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
May 21, 2016

“VERY GOOD PROGRAM”

OverallIt is great to use and flows nicely with how we run our shop. We have been using it for a long time. Me personally for 8 years. The customer service is phenomenal. They are awesome at helping me out with any questions I have. love their product & service.
May 21, 2016
Gary K.
owner/ manager
May 18, 2016

“Great Software for the Independent Auto Service Center”

OverallI have been using the Pace Program for over 20 years and am very satisfied with the program. I has all the features and that we need and many more . The support staff has always been first rate and very helpful with any issues that come up.
May 18, 2016
George H.
November 12, 2015

“I am back!!! Tried another software for a year and came back.”

OverallThis system has great bells and whistles. They don't focus on stupid stuff like most out there. They partner and integrate with great companies instead of trying to reinventing the wheel. I hope they correct the issues with Napa on line.
November 12, 2015
Randy D.
December 28, 2015

“Great program and great people to work with”

OverallAwesome program with many facets that help manage a modern day repair shop. There are probably many software programs that may do the same things but none that come close to the superior support that the Yes program delivers.
John G.
October 29, 2015

“Long time user”

OverallI have been using this software since 1993 and have been very happy with it. Integration with other software such as the Nexpart makes life much easier. The customer service, especially, Jennifer, is outstanding.
October 29, 2015
Ruth D.
Reimbursement Specialist
51-200 employees
June 9, 2017

“quick and easy”

ProsIt was quick and easy and I got several responses. The customer service representative for personable.
ConsSome of the vendors were a little pesty. I was directed to get quotes and then my supervisor put it on the back burner until further notice.
June 9, 2017
Jerry D.
Service Manager

“Very sophisticated”

OverallThe support team is great. Sometimes software is not user friendly. Overall very good program.
TRACEY H.
IT PROJECTMANAGER
Automotive, 501-1000 employees
December 28, 2018

“VERY HELPFUL”

ProsEase of use it really came in handy right when i needed it too.
Conssoftware was great i think customer service could have been better but overall you can't beat this product
December 28, 2018