TrialWorks Ratings

Overall

About TrialWorks

TrialWorks Legal Case Management provides seamless web intake, comprehensive document management, centralized calendaring and much more. With 42,000+ users, 2,600+ law firms, TrialWorks has come together with Needles under the newly formed Assembly Software to offer exceptional support to the legal industry. Available on a private cloud or your network, TrialWorks is a litigation firm's most valuable partner - offering a user-friendly interface, mobile app, global OCR'd search, and much more. Learn more about TrialWorks

David G.

“Good for Litigators”

OverallMy firm consists of two lawyers and two paralegals. We primarily handle 80 percent personal injury and 20 percent family law. I have used Trialworks for approximately 7 years along with PCLaw for accounting purposes. Before that, we used Amicus which was good; however, it didn't have the capabilities that Trialworks had at that time. In the beginning of using Trialworks, we were using Trialworks primarily as a hub for all case information including pleadings, correspondence, etc and we finally began using it to maximize efficiency approximately five years ago with its abilities to create forms using templates and automatically generating workflow. It is very good for litigation purposes, but for pre-litigation purposes, it falters. It is very difficult to manipulate the intake screen and if you handle several different types of personal injury or other types of litigation, you will need do several work arounds. The workflow works well; however, if you want any triggering events, you will need to make sure that your staff is well trained, or you will begin to see events falling through the cracks. The customer service is okay; however, recently every time we try to call we are placed on hold for approximately 20 minutes only to leave a message waiting for technical support to call back who generally calls back within 24 hours. We have suggested many changes, and some of them have taken as much as two years to take effect when Trialworks is promising that they will arrive sooner. If you use PCLaw or Quickbooks for accounting purposes, Trialworks meshes well with both and you can send billable time to both. Regarding templates, it is somewhat difficult to learn how to create templates using the bookmark features, but once you have created a good template, you can use it to build other templates. If you are looking for a good out of the box solution that is server based, Trialworks is definitely a contender. If you are looking for something with more customization, I would suggest that you look at other companies. Good luck!
ProsEase of use and out of the box capability
ConsLack of customization, and lack of focus on pre-litigation capabilities. I really do wish it had a better intake screen, but no program is perfect.
Recommendations to other buyersI am very computer literate as I have built my own computers, programs macros, and generally handle the IT needs for my firm. It took me approximately 6-12 months to figure out all of the more advanced capabilities of the program. If you decide to purchase it, try to utilize the training as much as possible or you will not realize the full potential.
David R.
February 10, 2017

“Trialworks: What else do you need?”

OverallSince initially implementing the TrialWorks software in my PI practice, I have literally saved myself hundreds if not thousands of hours in paperwork and organization, and thousands of dollars in time and staff. FIrst of all, the support is stellar. You simply call and/or go through the online portal, and in minutes you have someone on the computer who is fixing the problem or addressing your question. Everyone who responds to your inquiry is qualified and knowledgeable in the software and I have never had a situation where they were NOT able to resolve my issue or question within minutes. Seriously....it's that good. Since the software is primarily geared toward a personal injury practice, and with the constant tweaking of the interface based upon user feedback, it pretty much covers most of everything I need in my practice. Scanning of documents into the interface is easy and organized. Moving emails and documents into files is a breeze. The integration with Outlook, Quickbooks, MS Office, MedQuest, and others makes the program incredibly useful in that you barely need to use any other interface during your entire day. Everything can be accessed through TrialWorks. After decades of using the product, I could NEVER go back to simply using desktop folders and Windows for file management. TrialWOrks has made my office practically paperless, and I am very close to being completely paperless. The good news is that you can be as paperless, or papered, as you deem necessary. TrialWorks is light years ahead of the basic organization capabilities of a desktop manager, and with their Cloud-based option, it is now feasible for ANY size firm or budget. I highly recommend it.
ProsThe ease of retrieving information and putting information into the interface via Outlook, scanning, etc. Also, the Reminders and Tickler system is a lifesaver.
ConsI'm pretty sure that without a major tutorial and some real time spent on it, I am not getting the most out of the program as I could be. Also, I would love to see a more robust and extensive mobile/tablet application interface.
Christopher N.
Member
June 15, 2016

“The Most Comprehensive Case Management System Around”

OverallOur firm began using TrialWorks just over seven years ago. We had never utilized a case management system before, so this was a big change for our office. Our transition to a paperless environment was slow at first, but TrialWorks gave us the flexibility to use as little or as much of its functionality as we wanted. What was great about the program was that we were able to move our entire practice'really, everything we do on a daily basis'to this new software at our own pace and still feel like it was instantly a good investment. TW integrates completely with Outlook. So we end up keeping our TrialWorks 'Docket' and still maintain a master calendar on Outlook, along with our own personal calendars. We begin everything for a case in TW: email, pleadings, correspondence, you name it. We have templates for everything through TW. So my form discovery is all in TW and when I need to pull it together, I just hit 'Create New' and it populates it with the defendants' names, etc. We keep all of our contacts in TW and can even attach CVs to a contact entry. TW integrates with QuickBooks, so we can see exactly how much money we have in a case or all of our cases. There are negotiation and settlement calculators as well. All of our depos are stored in TW. There is a screen for liens, so we can keep track of the liens in a case also. Another great feature is the reporting ability. We can assign statuses to our cases and run a million different reports. We also manage all of our new case intake in TW. And while the software itself is powerful, flexible and intuitive, the support of the TrialWorks team is what gives us the utmost confidence that this was the right choice for us. They consistently help us learn new ways to utilize the software, they are constantly upgrading the program'often times with changes that we or other attorneys have suggested'and they are always there to answer even the most mundane questions. Simply put, they listen to their clients and respond to their clients' needs. With the app I can pull up any document, email, contact, etc. on my iPhone or iPad. There is an Android app as well. TW also offers a hosted solution: everything is in the cloud. With that option they provide you with Office 2013, QuickBooks, and other software you might use in your practice. They basically take care of all of you networking.
ProsLike most firms, we have a few business partners that make our practice tick. TrialWorks is at the top of that list. We didn't buy a case management system when we bought TrialWorks. We entered into a long term partnership with a team that is there to help us run an efficient law office.
ConsIt could use a facelift so that it is "prettier" but that is basically a superficial criticism.
Recommendations to other buyersUnlike most web-based services, TW allows robust reporting. That is because it is SQL based. Be careful of what you can do from case to case with web-based products. Most likely you won't be able to run reports across cases.
June 15, 2016
Diane D.
Case Management Attorney
July 14, 2016

“Case Management Attorney”

OverallThe learning curve for this product was steep, but once the basic functionality was understood, it applied throughout the application making each step much easier. Customer support has been outstanding from the sales process through implementation through support ... we've never been left waiting for answers.
ProsWhat I like best about TW is its flexibility to integrate seamlessly with other applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook. It has strong report-writing capabilities, and allows you to leverage Excel and Word to create dynamic reports that are fully customizable. This has made the data that we are collecting on a daily basis to be very useful for both paralegals and attorneys. While the day-to-day management of case information is critical, the breadth of data we now have insight into is equally critical from a business perspective.
ConsSometimes it feels like we have to input data multiple times, which can feel duplicative. For example, if I want to tag someone as an expert, the contact information must first appear on the Contact Tab, and then I can link it through the Expert Tab. Similarly, if I'm entering certain critical dates through the Docket Tab, I have to make sure they are entered first through Important Dates rather than through the Docket Tab; otherwise, I have to enter them again.
Recommendations to other buyersPrepare the infrastructure (templates, reports, categories, statuses, etc. etc.) before launching into full use of the product, so that you don't have to go backwards to correct things. Also, do as much data migration as possible before trying to learn the software. TW is much easier to learn and understand when your data is in the system. Lastly, create one or two "model" cases that users can refer to as a guide.

By TrialWorks on July 14, 2016
Good Advice Diane. Thank you!
July 14, 2016
Nathaniel F.
Partner
February 3, 2017

“Practice changing, wonderful, and powerful TrialWorks.”

OverallI was introduced to TrialWorks at a 360 Advocacy conference in Denver. I sensed in a heartbeat, this was precisely what I had been looking for to assist in evolution into the Cloud and law practice future. It is the singularly best technology move we have made in all years of practice. I have recommended this case management system to many colleagues since then, and continue with a heartfelt and comfortable enthusiasm to this date. MEGA Team at TrialWorks, there to assist whenever something is needed, and excellent growth tutorial blasts from them along the way. Simply outstanding!
ProsThe dependability and ease of use is remarkable. The breadth, depth, appreciation of what it takes to manage and drive a case smoothly over months into years, with many folks to communicate, many things to accomplish correctly and on time, and that same appreciation for the critical reality that time is finite, makes this case management stand well above all others we reviewed. Five years into it we are still learning new tricks, new wonderful shortcuts .... and the only limiter is ourselves. We simply love TrialWorks!
ConsThat we underutilize the system, simply due to having other things occupying our lives .... like balance, and home life, and other things TrialWorks does not do .... making good coffee, as just one example.
Recommendations to other buyersAccelerate ..... into any decision to overcome any indecision buffeting .... and JUST DO IT! TrialWorks is a dream .... and, our firm's warm reality.
David P.

“Superlative software”

OverallI have been using Trialworks ever since it was a DOS program. While there are many other software companies out there, I have never found them to be as powerful and useful as Trialworks. It is very adaptable to my Social Security practice. But it was vital when I had a Personal Injury practice and also a workers compensation practice. The key is to get it set up correctly and then use it as intended. Support for Trialworks is very good. The renewal of the licenses is significantly less than other software. I also appreciate the innovation of the staff at Trialworks to keep it a much better product than it's competitors.
ProsThe power. You have everything within a couple clicks. I have set up about 1500 templates that cut administrative time significantly. The Dashboard is phenomenal. I can look at key factors of my business, including cost containment, important dates at a glance. It works well with Outlook and Adobe Pro.
ConsThere is a learning curve to understand the software. I wish the IOS program was much more powerful and useful. I wish the intake wizard was more friendly and adaptable.
Recommendations to other buyersI would like to see a portal set up where clients can submit documentation directly into the software based upon questionnaires we email out to our clients.
Alex N.
Owner/Partner
February 3, 2017

“Best Value for Money in the Market”

OverallI wish I would have integrated trial works much earlier. It makes things so much easier. We have developed many different types of templates and this has improved productivity for everyone. Anyone not using Trialworks should start now!
ProsTemplates
ConsAbout 1x per week when I go to contacts I have to go and "Reset Grid Layouts" because the columns are spread 20 inches apart from eachother. This is a waste of time for me and my entire staff to do over and over again. Time is money in my business. This is an easy software glitch that has not been addressed and I have personally complained about this as I am sure many others have as well. The other complaint is that there is no option in the template to create a pulldown or to list options for people to chose from, it is either an "Insert" or "Fill in the Blank." I used to use SAGA at my old firm and the templates had tons of pulldowns. This would enable us to create "Bill of Particulars" using Trialworks instead of doing it manually. Effectively making us more productive and saving time. Remember time is money.
Recommendations to other buyersLearn the system. Ask questions. Create lots of templates.
Tracy C.
Partner
January 31, 2017

“Two thumbs up for TrialWorks”

OverallI am a partner in a law firm with 8 attorneys. For several years, I was the only attorney in my firm who used TrialWorks, based on the recommendation of my brother who practices in a separate firm. However, last year our whole firm came on board with TrialWorks and we are much more productive now than before. I love that all our intakes across the entire firm are centrally stored and accessible. The training we received on site by TrialWorks was spectacular, the trainers were patient in answering all our questions and getting us up to speed. I highly recommend TrialWorks. Its features allow users to do so many things that increase productivity and efficiency.
ProsHaving the whole firm (8 lawyers and 12 support staff) gain the ability to access files has helped us become more efficient and productive. Our intakes are more accessible. We can track expenses, negotiations, docket reminders, keep diary notes, etc.
ConsI have nothing negative to say about TrialWorks.
Recommendations to other buyersTake advantage of the training offered in order to gain full advantage of the software.
Laura T.
May 2, 2017

“Very Bumpy Implementation”

ProsTrialWorks is the most comprehensive case management software on the market today. They have a feature for just about every legal task you can imagine. Their support team does a good job trying to resolve questions as quickly as possible. TrialWorks can be a huge time saver, if you know how to use it and enter the right information in the right places. Mastering this software takes true skill because there are countless features. We really appreciated the support our trainer provided; he really went out of his way to help us learn the software and the basic tools we would need everyday.
ConsImplementation was very rough for our firm. There were a lot of computer program defaults that needed to be reset in order for the software to run and display properly (things that were not communicated clearly prior to our launch.) Also, we were not aware of just how contacts-driven TrialWorks is at the time of our launch. We launched with no contacts loaded in the system and then spent several weeks backpedaling and scrambling to enter contacts just so we could use the basic TrialWorks features. We launched at the end of February; it is now May and things are finally just starting to settle into place with TrialWorks. There are so many features we still need to explore, but we are finally at a point where we are not losing time completing daily tasks in TrialWorks. Our goal as a firm is to eventually reach a point where we can SAVE time by using TrialWorks.
May 2, 2017
Ricky G.
Administrative Manager
January 31, 2017

“TrialWORKS does WORK well with our office”

OverallOur firm has used TrialWorks for over 15 years! It has been a great case management system for our firm. We have grown together with the software as our needs continue to grow and evolve. Our experience with TrialWorks has been a very positive one and I would highly recommend this product to both small and large firms.
ProsIt being user friendly is what I like the most about this software. Over the years, training and implementing this software to new hires has been extremely easy.
ConsThe one thing I like least is that it is still on Microsoft Access platform. I would like to see a move to a web-based platform that will make it available online without the need for cloud services.
Recommendations to other buyersSince the introduction and enforcement of E-filing across the U.S. , I would like to see a "E-file" tab that streamlines E-filing and keeps all documents that were filed of E-fileing for a case in one place.
Kathleen B.

“Long-time Trialworks user”

OverallAs the title states, I am a long-time TW user ... almost 14 years to be exact. I have seen many, many upgrades and additions. As a prior SAGA user, initially I felt that TW was lacking in some areas. I am happy to say that over the course of time, TW has been greatly enhanced. There are so many features that are beneficial and time-saving. As a personal injury law firm, TW tracks many important deadlines; keeps our firm efficient and organized. New employees seem to pick up the program with ease, so it is extremely user-friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend TW to any firm considering a strong case management system.
ProsIt's convenience and ease of use.
ConsThe one area where I feel some improvement is necessary is with the contacts and how they are accessed.
Recommendations to other buyersThe people are TW are easy to deal with and for the most part, pretty quick to respond to issues and queries.
Scott C.
Preident

“Indispensable”

OverallI have been using for trial works for at least 13 years. [The firm went from three users to one, due to firm downsizing, not dissatisfaction]. I could not imagine my professional life without TW. It keeps me organized, saves a lot of time, and is easy to learn even for a technophobe such as myself. Whenever I have any problem at all -usually due to my own ignorance - it is solved by a TW team member quickly and efficiently.
ProsEase of use.
ConsVery rarely, the system goes down. I don't think it happens more than once or twice a year, and for very short periods. I do worry that-someday- it will go down on me when I absolutely must use it, such as for a court appearance or such.
Terry C.
January 31, 2017

“Trialworks in a personal injury firm”

OverallWe have used trialworks for a decade or so, and continue to be pleased. The system is easy to learn and saves a lot of time and money. Medical records can be requested and follow up maintained easily. Documents are created with templates in seconds. Calendaring works well with Microsoft products (outlook, Word). Negotiations are sped up with a calculator that allows you to quickly calculate the client's net and the attorney fees. Reports help you keep up to date as well as making sure your staff is doing what they are supposed to do. We would purchase again.
Prosease of use
Conswould prefer being able to use colors on the tabs to make it easier to navigate with tired eyes!
Candace D.
Law Practice, Self-employed
February 3, 2017

“Great Case Mgmt system for Solo Practitioner”

OverallI am a solo practitioner. I have 30 years of experience in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury litigation. Trial Works gives me everything I need to streamline my handling of files from the initial case evaluation through trial. I can access all my client files through remote access from anywhere. I work from home, the lake cabin, and have even logged in from a ice house! It truly helps me be efficient and in touch with my practice.
ProsMy staff can get so much done by utilizing the forms I set up rather than reinventing the wheel every time. The Contacts section saves all of us time.
Michael M.
January 31, 2017

“Great Product & Excellent Customer Service!”

OverallTrial Works is a wonderful product, especially for a plaintiff's personal injury practice (though it can be used for any type of practice). It is feature rich, customizable, and powerful. We tried a number of different case management solutions before choosing Trial Works and are glad we did. The best part is the customer service. They are very responsive, US based, and always there with answers/help for any issue. I only have two wishes: 1. that the platform could be a bit easier on the eyes, and 2. re-organizing documents within files (moving around documents in the same tab) could be a bit easier. With that said, Trial Works is still user friendly, organized logically, and it is the closest thing to a perfect case management solution that I have seen.
Prospowerful, feature rich, and customizable
Conscould be a little easier on the eyes, organizing-rearranging documents within tabs could be easier
Recommendations to other buyersexcellent product and customer service
May 9, 2018

“Overall a good program”

Pros1. saving e-mails to cases 2. global address book 3. sending internal hyperlinks of draft documents to team members. I love that we can all work off the same document so we don't have multiple different versions
Conswhen you a docket enter to the calendar the program added the e-mail addresses of every team member and their initials. IT's a small pain to have to review the invitation line to remove duplicates.
May 9, 2018
Marissa S.
March 20, 2018

“LOVE TrialWorks!”

ProsAmazing capabilities. When you put good information into the system, you get great results out! Makes my job much, much easier. It's the best legal system I've used in almost 10 years!
ConsI do wish it were easier to email multiple documents internally at one time, rather then having to open each file to send it.

By TrialWorks on August 26, 2019
Marissa, thanks for your glowing review. In 2016, TrialWorks added the ability to attach documents to an email reply without having to individually copy and attach files. You have also had an option on the TrialWorks Home Ribbon to Email Multiple documents in a new email. Information on our Outlook add-in can be found on our blog at www.trialworks.com/blog
March 20, 2018
November 16, 2017

“Powerful product if you have the time and resources to maintain it”

ProsTrialWorks is an extremely powerful database that can house and store all of your case information for ready access. The integrations between tabs to pre-populate information and cross-reference are very strong. The ability to work with documents, calendars, notes, emails, costs, etc. is very impressive.
ConsTraining is abysmal. Every "training" session was nothing more than a glorified sales pitch on the perceived high points of a certain feature. There wasn't much in the way of Q&A sessions, outside of calling support when you encounter an issue. Sometimes they were easy to reach and sometimes not so much. Considering the cost for their training, the bar should be much higher than it is.
November 16, 2017
Harry S.

“Trial Works works ”

OverallI find the system to be tailor made for my practice. All aspects of my firm's cases are accounted for. The service by TW is friendly, prompt and outstanding. Trial works allows my office to run smoothly and allows me to have the clients' files at my fingertips for Trial and everything else.
ProsThe ease of filing scanned documents
ConsNeed cell phone if contacts on 1st page without a second click
Recommendations to other buyersMaybe add color to caregories to break up different areas of file
Mitchel A.
February 3, 2017

“overall an excellent program”

OverallOverall, it is a great program that really helps keep my practice moving. The customer support is excellent and they are always there when I need them.
ProsEase of use. Ability to file emails.
ConsThe fact that I cannot get rid of some tabs. Also the pleadings tab and legal tab are not entirely correct in terms of what documents can be generated. I would also like an easier way to scan documents into the system.
Petimat S.
Law Enforcement, 1-10 employees

“Office Manager”

OverallThe most easiest program to run the office . The way it generates the reports and includes all necessary tools such as docket assignment, time keeping, calendar and much more . If there is any company out where looking for perfect program for their office believe me this is it !!! What a tech support in the minute they access to you computer and resolve any problem from simply stupid one to reinstalling the program if its necessary
ProsVery easy to use
ConsDON'T RECALL ANY
Erin M.
Legal Administrator
July 8, 2019

“Functional and simple, yet lacks advanced features”

OverallIt is really user friendly and easy to navigate. The only drawback is the lack of a good solution for managing document intensive cases.
ProsIt is very easy to navigate, most people can find their way around with little assistance thanks to the "file cabinet" structure that most computer users are familiar with.
ConsBiggest con is the lack of ability to link to document management software. Firms with large document cases need a more sophisticated method to manage their documents and the file cabinets in trialworks just are not robust enough to handle cases that have thousands upon thousands of documents. We left Trialworks for a different solution that links directly with Worldox.

By TrialWorks on August 26, 2019
Eryn, thank you for taking the time to review TrialWorks. Many of our firms have relied on the document management feature of TrialWorks, but we understand the desire to have integrated products when dealing with significant document cases. We have integrations with both Summation for ediscovery and iManage for document management. We will continue to evaluate additional document management integrations, and we hope you will take a look at our current product videos at www.trialworks.com/support.
July 8, 2019
Kenneth H.
February 3, 2017

“Overall good program and great company”

Overalli have been a user of Trialworks for over 10 years and overall i am pleased, but feel that there is room for improvement, initially i was introduced to this company at an ATLA convention where i also viewed the products of other companies. The company is well run with people who generally are available to timely respond to issues. Overall the product is robust and has a lot of features. However, one of my concerns with this company, is that on top of purchasing the product and paying an annual fee, we were never fully trained in the various features of the program. As I recall, we were offered an opportunity to have someone train us, but there was a substantial additional charge for this training. As a result, i do not feel that we are using all of the features that we might benefit from. That being said, if we ask a specific question, we are usually provided with a timely response. The program is geared to law firms who have a substantial personal injury practice. That being said, i was surprised that there was no way to file photographs in a case file. When i raised this question recently, i was informed that a "button" could be reprogrammed to file photographs. However, the process is not smooth, and involves way to many steps. This needs to be improved - it should be as easy to file a photograph as it is to file an email. We have been primarily been using the program to file all emails, pleadings and correspondence as well as notes for each case. the program works well for these functions. However, it is not geared for time and billing hourly cases. There is a billing function, which we also recently discovered, but since we were not trained in its use, we have found it difficult to use, and in fact, it appears that having turned an "auto function" on, instead of it only applying to hourly cases, it has been turned on for all cases, which is very annoying. i am not sure if there is a way to turn it off. Certainly there is no intuitive way to tailor it to the appropriate cases. However, i have not tried to see if the company can help with this - so perhaps it can be tailored. we also have, on occasion, had issues with the interface of the program and the underlying outlook/word issues. we used to use their IT person to do our IT work, which resolved the issue, since they were responsible for both their program and IT issues and there was no finger pointing. Recently we are having problems they say are not their problem.
Kenneth G.
January 31, 2017

“Applauding Trialworks Case Management ”

OverallI have been using trialworks for almost 20 years. I believe I was one of the first of New York attorneys to use the product. It transformed the way our office has been able to manage our caseload. Additionally, the support is first rate in both its timeliness and effectiveness.
Prosit is very user friendly and permits us to use add and use our own documents
Consi do not have a negative thing to say
Randy P.

“TrialWorks Works”

OverallI've been using TrialWorks for approximately 10 years. I tried other legal software and found it either too limiting or not very user friendly. TrialWorks is extremely powerful and can be adapted to most types of law. It is extremely user friendly and took my staff no time in picking it up.
ProsUser friendly.
ConsSome functions are not explained well in the manual and require a phone call to support.
Denise A.
Executive Director
January 31, 2017

“Trialworks Does What It Needs to do”

OverallOverall it is a very good product. I would like to see a workflow with documents generated automatically attached to the workflow and I would like to see a way to have a document generate doctors names and dates of service and billing amount automatically. This would have to be done in the code and would greatly help personal injury firms do the medical specials letters/demands. There is no way to code the doctors information in a document at this time.
ProsEasy to use
ConsThere is no workflow with attached documentation. There is no way to code doctors names and details in a document.
Simone F.
Attorney/Founder
January 31, 2017

“Couldn't get along without it!”

OverallI started a new law firm in 2014. Having never used a case management software tool, I was astounded by what Trialworks could do for us! Everyone at Trialworks has been helpful and attentive since Day One. I highly recommend to anyone who desires an organized, paperless office.
ProsOrganization and search capabilities.
ConsIt's a little "clunky" at first.
Recommendations to other buyersTake advantage of the customizations Trialworks offers.
Claudia L.
February 1, 2017

“A+ for Functionality”

OverallOverall a great experience with the software and customer service. User friendly and easily adaptable to meet the needs of any firm.
ProsAbility to interface with multiple programs Easy to use Most fields can be customized to meet firm specific needs Templating options.
ConsBookmarking can be difficult
February 1, 2017
Felicia K.
Partner / Attorney
Law Practice, Unspecified
January 31, 2017

“Excellent Functionalty and Software”

OverallI started using trialworks a little over two years ago. I tried many different trial software programs before I committed to trialworks . I have never regretted my decision. The ease of use as well as excellent customer service make this software an asset to my firm.
ProsEase of use and excellent organization.
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersWorth the cost unlike some other legal software programs.
Bill A.
Member
July 11, 2016

“Trialworks Solved our Case Management Problems”

OverallWe tried demos of 9 different case management software programs from 2000 to 2004 and finally found Trialworks. The team at Trialworks was very responsive to our needs and concerns. We started using Trialworks in June 2004 and have never looked back. Their team is responsive to suggestions for improvements and concerns about problems. We highly recommend Trialworks.
July 11, 2016
Karen C.

“TRIALWORKS is GREAT”

OverallWe have been a customer of TRIALWORKS almost from the inception of this company. We have always received the best customer service and updated on a regular basis.
ProsThere are constantly changing to keep the system running smoothly with all the requirements changes within the internet.
Ginger P.

“ Friendly ”

OverallTrialWorks is great software but its best feature are the people. Everyone is friendly and very helpful. Their positive attitude is wonderful :)
Prosease of use
Conssome features are a little cumbersome, but that's just the nature of a relational database
Recommendations to other buyersmore color coding of tabs would be helpful
April 5, 2019

“Easy to use and designed well”

OverallOverall we are all happy with TW.
ProsTons of options and tabs. There's a lot more you can do on TW than I even know about.
ConsI wish some search and upload functions were easier.
April 5, 2019
Erik G.
Lawyer
February 6, 2017

“Only one issue”

OverallI have had occasions where Trial Works was not functioning after 5:00 pm or on the weekends. These coverage for these types of problems are very slow.
ProsEasy to use and reliable. I also like the up to date programs on the desk top
ConsThere are some features that would be helpful. One feature would be calculation of future worker comp benefits such as offered on Workerscomputation.com. Another problem is that when I get emails with a link to another page or document, the links don't work once the emails are taken out of outlook and saved to the file.
February 6, 2017
Joan N.
Law Practice, 51-200 employees

“SKG review ”

OverallServes the purpose for our firm. The program does not allow users to delete certain categories and notes no longer needed. Further, it does not allow users to correct mistakes with File It.
ProsUser friendly
ConsCannot delete categories
Recommendations to other buyersNone
Chris W.
Law Practice, Self-employed
January 31, 2017

“Important part of my practice”

OverallI think Trialworks is a great case management software for personal injury firms. It really saves a lot of time and energy and is a great support for my practice.
ProsEase of use, reliability, quick support
ConsHard to identify a con
Tonia C.
Consultant
January 31, 2017

“Reliability is the key...”

OverallI am an independent contractor, and as such, it was difficult to switch from product to product to support the needs of my company's varied clientele. That's where TrialWorks stepped in and provided a solution, one which our clients have welcomed as compared to their previous onsite solutions. TrialWorks has provided solutions to over 90% of each client's need. The common request from each was to implement a program which provided reliability, as well as ease of use. Our investment in the hosted solution has thrilled our clients and made my job easier.
ProsReliability, ease of use and app
ConsCustomization limitations
Howard S.
Founding partner

“Satisfied Customer”

OverallMy firm has used TrialWorks since our founding 17 1/2 years ago. TrialWorks has been instrumental in our growth.
ProsRelational database and ease of use.
ConsProgram "looks old." Not easy to modify.
Sharon D.
Legal Department Administrator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1001-5000 employees
January 31, 2017

“Excellent Case Management Tool”

OverallOur Legal Department uses TrialWorks to stay on top of our many litigation cases. I find TrialWorks a breeze to use in locating records pertaining to each case. Our paralegals are able to scan the records right into TrialWorks. As the Office Administrator, many times I have to search for cases and/or the attorneys assigned to the cases. TrialWorks makes the search easy as well as opening files and printing them, as needed.
ProsUser friendly
ConsSometimes, I get lost trying to search for records. Purely, a need for training on my part.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is an excellent tool. I appreciate the weekly TrialWorks tips I receive in my emails.
December 11, 2018

“If 8 bit is your thing, then try it”

ProsMultiple users can be working on the same file and it updates automatically.
ConsIt's nothing more than an electronic filing cabinet. You cannot work on documents within the software but rather must keep downloading and uploading.

By TrialWorks on August 26, 2019
TrialWorks helps to manage all aspects of your case from the granular details of case facts and deadlines to organizing your case files with our robust document management product. Document generation can be completed utilizing templates to pull the critical data entered about your client's case. TrialWorks utilizes Microsoft Word to create documents directly from a wide-range of tabs including correspondence, pleadings, depo and hearing notices to settlement statements. Using the document assembly feature, documents are linked to the appropriate case and tab automatically. Information on our document templates can be found on our blog at www.trialworks.com/blog.
December 11, 2018
Steven S.
January 31, 2017

“Meh - Until I find something better.”

OverallI started using Trialworks at my former firm, and never really took to it. However, when I went out on my own I took my assistant with me, and it is the only practice management system she knows, so we kept it. I have, with little success, tried to warm up to the system. It is very unintuitive. Most of the fields are impossible to use or understand. The resources for training are sparse and hard to access. I have tried to find an alternative produce which my assistant would be willing to use and have yet to find it. I suppose, if one understands how to make the product work, it could be very helpful. But it is too stark and too difficult to simply see and use, and it has the appearance of something created for Windows 3.1.
ProsMy assistant is willing to rely on it.
ConsToo difficult to use.
Recommendations to other buyersMake it more intuitive.
Kamp P.
Shareholder
September 14, 2010

“Attorney”

OverallOur attorneys/secretary teams had become more efficient as a result of our use of TrialWorks.
ProsIn preparation for our recent equity shareholders meeting, we ran quarterly reports addressing billable hours and dollars generated. We noticed a sharp increase in both, approximately 15%, beginning the month that we implemented TrialWorks firm wide. This type of drastic increase in productivity was quite unusual as our growth has historically been gradual. Based upon this phenomenon, we investigated further and were able to isolate our use of TrialWorks as the main factor. Simply put, our attorneys/secretary teams had become more efficient. Less time was being spent dealing with non-billable situations as TrialWorks removed those obstacles preventing maximization of time.
ConsWe had issues with some of our customizations. They were addressed and delivered shortly after our initial implementation.
September 14, 2010
Amy C.

“Great Start!”

OverallCustomer support of TrialWorks has been excellent from the very start. I completed an online request for more information and within minutes.She was emailing me information and calling to set up a time to explore the software. She was very informative and had answers for every question we had. She wasn't pushy in any way but was very confident in the product and kept in touch over the next few months until a final decision was made. We are in the process of transition and haven't started using the product but we have been impressed thus far. Look forward to working with TrialWorks.
ProsThe flexibility and options to cater to your particular area of law.
ConsI don't have any yet.
Recommendations to other buyersKnow what you want and explore the options provided by TrialWorks.
March 25, 2018

“A very cumbersome software that is not easily adaptable. ”

ProsReal time updating from across multiple computers. It was nice to be able be on the phone with a customer and see updates from others in the office in real time.
ConsNot very nimble to use. Have to constantly upload and download documents. It's basically an electronically filing cabinet but you still have to do all the labelling, tagging and sorting.
March 25, 2018
Lorin Q.
Operations
April 24, 2018

“AWESOME System”

ProsGreat case management software with easy to navigate interface. Has all the bells and whistles that are mandatory for keeping track of, and executing your case effectively. Recently partnered with LawToolBox Court Deadlines, so now there is no reason to purchase multiple products, you can find everything you need in one place.
ConsNo cons here, awesome sales & support people that really listen and find a solution for what you are looking for.
April 24, 2018
Law Practice, 51-200 employees
December 21, 2017

“New update has helped a lot - not great for mass torts but I think they are working on it”

ProsI like that it has numerous features and many tabs. Once you get to know the software you can find lots of its uses.
ConsIt is not great for mass torts where you have multiple clients for one major litigation. It just isn't set up for that yet.

By TrialWorks on August 26, 2019
TrialWorks includes a Master / Child relationship to help manage mass tort cases by creating a Master MDL case and linking the individual client cases as Child links. With this configuration you can easily manage individual details of your client's criteria, review the overall state of the MDL, and create documents that are shared between the Child and Master. Information on our Master/Child Links can be found on our blog at www.trialworks.com/blog
December 21, 2017
Jennifer R.

“Great Tech Support! ”

OverallOverall TrialWorks has been a great help to our firm. We are able to keep clients' files better organized and easily accessible. I am disappointed in the App, I hope this gets fixed/improved in the future because it could be really beneficial. The Tech support is outstanding! With the issues we have had, it takes just a few minutes for the support to fix. This is probably TW best feature!
ProsIt is easy to use and easy to learn. The workers' comp feature that was added this year is very helpful. Tech support!
ConsThe application for phone and tablets.
Recommendations to other buyersThey need to focus on improving the app. IF the app was easier to use and you were able to access emails that had been filed in TW, this software would be the top seller I am sure.
Detra F.

“Training Issues”

OverallWish you would do some video tutorials. I feel that it is a little unfair to charge a paying customer for training, or you should at least offer a certain amount of training free each year.
ProsVery useful in managing Case load
ConsTraining costs extra
Recommendations to other buyersVideo Tutorials would be very helpful!!
Kristy T.

“Good Software”

OverallI have been using TrialWorks for over 15 years. I love the program but some things do need to be addressed as it does not work well with the latest Windows program.
ProsOrganization of multiple documents.
ConsIt does not work well with latest Windows or Microsoft Office products.
Dave H.
Network Administrator
Construction, 51-200 employees
March 26, 2019

“Excellent Support”

OverallAs a network administrator for multiple companies, I have 2 lawyers offices that use Trialworks and both are extremely happy with it. It is easy to install and configure and their support is very hands on and helpful with any issues.
ProsEasy to use and with the search function, easy to find needed data. Support very helpful and easy to work with.
ConsDepending on server, sometimes a little slow. Make sure plenty of RAM and updated SQL.
March 26, 2019