Prevail Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.8/5

About Prevail

Don't pay monthly for your software. Pay once, and OWN PREVAIL! Since 1993, we have been used by law firms, large and small, all over the county, handling all areas of practice. Customer service is our top priority because your success is our goal. Check out these features: Automated Intake, Complex Document Management, QuickBooks Integration, Medicals and Evidence Tracking, Outlook Integration (Calendar, Email), Damages/Specials Tracking, Settlement Calculation, Litigation, and more. Learn more about Prevail

Jeanine L.
paralegal
May 14, 2019

“Prevail Case Management System”

OverallCalendar information is detailed and easy to read for efficient client processing. Locating a client within the database is easy as well. the integrated billing system is a breeze to work with and makes billing quick and detailed. Internal messaging makes contacting remote employees easy as well.
ProsI like that calendaring system that lets you set up appointments for multiple associates. The client information system is very thorough and includes specific information related to a client's individual case. It also lets you print out current cases by genre of case ( ex. Estate planning, Criminal, Social Security..etc.) so that you can keep your client base up to date. Billable hours can be inputted for each specific client as well, and printed so billing is efficient and easy. There is also an internal messaging system within the Prevail software which allows you to send messages to designated employees located in the Prevail database.
ConsMore often then not when trying to schedule appointments if you mistype the date or time or wish to change them to a more specific time, it sometimes gives you an error and you have to back out and restart inputting that appointment from the beginning.

By Practice Technology on May 16, 2019
Thank you, Jeanine! We're glad you're loving your Prevail! Of course, the issues you described with the calendar will be shared with our developers. UPDATE: It was pointed out to me that you're on Prevail6. The problem you're experiencing has been fixed in the more recent versions of the program.
May 14, 2019
Danielle N.
Office Manager/Administrator
August 21, 2017

“Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!!! Prevail is the Best...love coming to work each day b/c of prevail”

ProsThe entire system is a Pro for me!!!! I enjoy learning and exploring the system and it makes it so much better having the wonderful staff that you have. Customer support representatives are the BEST!!!! Because of them, I found this system very interesting and user friendly.
Cons I do not like that you cannot print Sticky notes or complete the sticky note and keep it in the history of the claim. There are times that a sticky note is completed but we cannot delete documentation of a client file. Also, I find that the Notes tab is useless. Everything you want or need is in the history tab and can be sorted for whatever you are looking for.

By Practice Technology on August 21, 2017
Hi Danielle! Be sure you're not using Sticky Notes for tasks. They should never be used for something that needs to be done. They should be used to call attention to something. For instance, use a Sticky Note to let everyone know you need a correct phone number on a case, but set a task to get that phone number. Then, when the task is completed, it'll be noted to the history. If you want to use a Sticky, then make a note before it's completed, you can create a history category, "Sticky Notes", and copy and paste the info into a history entry, then delete the Sticky Note. As for the Notes tab, I rarely use it, but our clients who were used to having a Notes tab in an older version of Prevail, really missed it when they upgraded. For them, we added it back in. Robin
C Jane J.
Disability Representtive
August 21, 2017

“Must have for SS disability work.”

OverallThe scale won't work. I am extremely likely to recommend and have recommended many times. Prevail software has allowed me to scale up my business without adding staff. Keeps me organized and saves me money. Helps me win cases by adapting to my work flow and making sure I never miss a deadline.
ProsKeeps me totally organized. Using Prevail case management software has allowed me to triple my case load without adding staff. It has paid for itself many times over. The training is excellent and the annual fee is more than reasonable given the high quality of the tech support. I always get a real person on the phone who understands the software and is extremely knowledgeable about the disability business. They give me solutions that are better than what I ask for because they've seen so many different business models. The Prevail staff are continually upgrading and improving the product so it just gets better and better, but the upgrades never interfere with business. They make the upgrades seamless and work with my schedule. I cannot say enough good things about Prevail.

By Practice Technology on August 23, 2017
What a great review! Thank you, Jane!
Tracy S.
Paralegal/Office Manager
August 21, 2017

“We have been using Prevail for about 5 years now. What a difference it makes in your practice!”

OverallI think the greatest benefit of this product is that you can handle many more cases with it than without it, thereby making your investment in the product nominal. Also, it is so user friendly that anyone can learn to use it very quickly.
ProsVery user friendly and very functional. Even the most inexperienced can learn to use Prevail very quickly. We are able to handle many more cases than we did without Prevail. I really like the document merge feature as we use a lot of form letters. The intake questionnaire is great as well. We can all be on top of our game on every case because it is easy to see where we are on a case. Love the process tab too because we can set lists (autofill) or steps and each serves its purpose for different types of cases. Prevail tech support is fantastic! They are responsive, friendly, understanding, and very helpful-well worth the yearly contract fee.
ConsThere are a few glitches here and there and it crashes sometimes, but for the most part we are very happy using Prevail.

By Practice Technology on August 23, 2017
Hi Tracy! Be sure to contact tech support if you're having any issues.
Bruce N.
Attorney - Of Counsel
August 21, 2017

“Overall, my experience with Prevail has been positive.”

OverallThis is our legal practice software. It benefits us in the management of our case load, document assembly, calendar and related functions.
ProsI like the ease of navigating between screens, being able to keep multiple windows open and switching back and forth without losing data, and the formatting of the various screens. I also like the document assembly which works quite well.
ConsI do not like the duplication of contacts in the Rolodex -- once entered the contact is there forever it seems. This causes a reduction in the speed of searches and can also result in errors if you select a duplicate contact that is old and outdated.

By Practice Technology on August 23, 2017
Hello, Bruce! Contacts should never be entered more than once in Prevail. The Rolodex is designed so that you can enter a contact once, then attach that contact to as many matters as you'd like. If you'd like more details, please give our Training Dept. a call: 407-228-4400, Option 1, 2 Thanks! Robin Ventura
Kim C.
System Administrator
January 26, 2017

“Best feature is their Customer Service!”

OverallI have been using the Prevail Case Management System now for 16 years and I would never switch! The best feature is their customer service! Everyone at Prevail Case Management is very helpful and friendly no matter how frustrated you are! Having great customer service means the most when using a database program to me because you are then assured that they will help you to fix the issue you are having or suggest better/more efficient ways to achieve what you are trying to do. I feel the database itself is very user friendly with a little bit of training, and the training is also very friendly and knowledgeable. I would, have and will continue to recommend Prevail Case Management to anyone looking for a database that is user easily learned and supported by great people!
ProsCustomer Service User Friendly Easily learned Great training Very efficient
ConsReally can't think of any!
Recommendations to other buyersAlways pay for the technical support, it is worth EVERY penny spent!

By Practice Technology on January 26, 2017
Kim, thank you so much. I'll be sure to pass this on to our Tech Support team. They'll appreciate it!
Lindsay W.
Social Security Case Manager
August 22, 2017

“I've been a Prevail user for almost 2 years now, and enjoy the program.”

ProsI'm happy with the set-up. It is easy to navigate, and Prevail 8 has a lot of new features that make certain tasks easier to complete. I also love that the program syncs up with Outlook now!
ConsWith all of the new features, I've noticed the program has a "lag" now. Also, I don't like that you can't generate multiple documents at a time, such as medical records requests (which is a feature that is available in a different program I've used in another office). Also, when a document is being scanned into the system, the rest of the program is unavailable to use until the scanning process is finished (which we used to be able to do in Prevail 6). There are still some things that could use tweaking..

By Practice Technology on August 22, 2017
Hi Lindsay. Thanks for your review. Prevail can actually merge multiple medical records requests at one time, using the Merge Across Related feature. Not only will it merge multiple medical requests to different providers, but each document can set its own time and cost value on the ledger, plus a follow up task as well.
Brenda B.
August 21, 2017

“Prevail is a pretty well-rounded program-has some key features that other programs don't have.”

OverallClient tracking software-keeps track of deadlines, history of case, etc.
ProsStatute warning list is key. History/notes tabs are extremely important/useful. Message list & task list are also very important. Messaging within prevail is very useful. Sticky notes are really helpful as well.
ConsPrevail is missing important client information boxes on matter page, such as mother's maiden name, place of birth, etc. This is info that needs to be readily available/easy to find for SSD clients, but no designated spot for this info. Also, generating custom reports is a feature that is needed. Ease of use/customizing personalized settings is not user friendly, could definitely use some work.

By Practice Technology on August 23, 2017
Hello Brenda. Your suggestions have been passed on to our development team. If you'd like to be more specific, please email me at rventura@prevail.net. Thank you!
Sharmine P.
Attorney & Owner
May 25, 2017

“WE have been using PREVAIL7 for 4 yrs. It is worthwhile investment. Tech support is amazing. ”

OverallWe are able to take on and track more cases. It works for WC and VA cases too.
ProsI like the new features on PREVAIL 8. The ease of using the email feature. The login in screen is easy on the eyes.
Cons1) Tech support is great ( always capable and willing to resolve issues) but hours are limited to 9 to 5. Most attorneys work late into the evening and weekends, it would be nice to get some help/tech support after 5PM. Maybe one late night in a work week of tech support. 2) They need to add more tabs for SSA clients like prior filings, height, weight, dominant hand, marital status, eligible AUX. These are all questions on the SSA app. If these are added I missed it. 3) I find Process Builder to be overly complicated and cumbersome to use. I just want a check off box not endless process steps and clicking around.
May 25, 2017
David K.
May 20, 2014

“Prevail Case Management System”

OverallOur practice is limited to representing Social Security disability claimants. Our caseload is significant This system has never crashed despite seven licenses. It is an excellent gateway towards a 'paperless 'office. It is also accessible when using a Remote Desktop Program allowing you to modem into your server and database when away from the office. The program comes with very good 'form' templates that are adaptable and can be modified to suit your particular preferences. The program's flexibility for example, allowing the practitioner to modify its forms and to create one's own forms is an extremely attractive feature . The statue, task tickler, etc., are excellent. This program allows you to determine the status and posture of any case within seconds. The database search engine is extremely fast when calling up a claimant's case. The program can quickly print out reports on caseload and the posture of cases individually and by groups. It works well with Dragon speech and your word processing program. The training we received required some time and is paced according to your schedule. Learning to navigate through the program to maximize its capabilities is worthwhile and somewhat intuitive but does take some time. My staff is always stumbling upon something new and useful within the program. Switching over to Prevail requires a commitment to take the time to input all your client data. Once a medical provider's information or any Rolodex type of information is entered, it does not have to be entered again and can be attached to any claim. If one wants to search the database for certain medications or medical devices for participation in any class actions, that information is available nearly instantly. Before purchasing Prevail I investigated other similar software companies and products tailored to the nature of my practice. Since our office began using Prevail, our attorney and staff efficiency has increased significantly. Just in terms of increased efficiency and time management, the program pays for itself over and over again My anxiety level has likewise decreased- it is very hard to miss a deadline. I give it FIVE stars.
Cindy O.
January 31, 2017

“Great legal database program”

OverallA few months ago I was starting my own practice as a solo practitioner. I have used Prevail in the past, and was familiar with the program. I have also worked with other programs in the past, and I checked out a few other programs, but they weren't as flexible as Prevail. Even though I was on a budget, the expense of investing in Prevail has already more than made up for itself in the ability that I have to track my clients' needs because of Prevail. I am able to keep track of each client's providers and referral sources and merge documents with great ease to send to clients or providers. I love this program and highly recommend it to anyone who is running a small to medium sized practice.
ProsEase of use and ability to keep track of all of the information that I need to associate with each client. I also love the immediate support that is available to users.
ConsI don't see any down side to the program.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely worth the investment.
January 31, 2017
Jennifer B.
Senior Legal Case Manager
August 21, 2017

“Prevail has allowed our firm to stay up-to-date with our cases and, for that, we love it! ”

OverallThe instant access to view our files and keep up with what is going on with each... The merge-doc function is by far the best feature, as well as the rolodex and the capability to run reports.
ProsThe merge-doc functionality is awesome! We also like the fact that we have instant access to our cases with all the info on the screens about each case. The rolodex is also a plus, especially being able to see what cases are attached to certain rolodex entries.
ConsEverything in the history gets jumbled up to where it's hard to locate things. Wish there was an option to assign a specific color for each category. Also wish the process was simpler in getting a new report added that we need.

By Practice Technology on August 21, 2017
Hi Jennifer, Your concerns are being forwarded to our staff. Thank you for the great review! Robin
Freddy S.
Shareholder
April 19, 2018

“I was introduced to Prevail at the first law firm I worked at and I immediately saw its potential.”

ProsThe customization, customer service, ease of use. Pretty much everything in the software can be customized. If you get really fancy with it you can update a status that triggers tasks to multiple people, with deadlines attached, documents printed will all relevant data in it.
ConsTwo limitations to be aware of, you need a TWAIN compliant scanner, I use Fujitsu and love it. This will allow you to scan directly into the matter which you are working in. The second limitation is that in order to attach emails directly from Outlook into Prevail you must have 32 bit office installed. You can ave a 64 bit system, which we do, but Office needs to be 32 bits
April 19, 2018
Tammy A.
August 24, 2017

“The program is great for keeping track of client files and excellent customer service ”

OverallThe ability to view a client's file at a glance without having to have the paper file.
ProsThe ability to keep track of statute dates, creation of specific reports, forms and letters. It is a valuable tool in keeping track of all client files.
ConsNot being able to add more than one follow up task to a Process; not being able to clear an expense balance in the expenses advanced on behalf of a client.

By Practice Technology on August 24, 2017
Hi Tammy! Thank you for your review, and good luck in the drawing! You'll be hearing from Sean in Training about clearing advanced expenses. I see that Ginger has emailed Stephen about upgrading to Prevail 8. In Prevail 8, you'll be able to have a process step trigger as many tasks and appointments as you'd like. Thanks again! Robin Ventura
August 24, 2017
Carmen B.
Accounting, 51-200 employees

“Awesome! ”

OverallI can work on so many client matters throughout the day. Reporting is always available at your finger tips. I use the reporting for many different areas and it is so easy to access these reports.
ProsIt is user friendly, easy to access clients, easy to read and go into many areas at a time without having to close out another clients file. It is so easy to navigate through the system.
ConsI have not experienced anything that I do not like. I do wish there were more color schemes that would be easier on the eyes. Some seem to be to bright and others do not show characters well.

By Practice Technology on August 23, 2017
Hello Carmen! I set my Prevail to "iMaginary". It's a nice combination of blue and sandy colors. Try it!
Samantha L.
August 22, 2017

“User friendly, efficient, great customer service to help with questions/suggested improvements”

OverallMakes case management 100% easier!
ProsVery easy to use. Every action taken is automatically documented in one place. SUPER easy to use. Customer service is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and willing to take the time to work out any issues you may have with the program.
ConsI would like there to be an icon that would attach the photo id to the matter page to make it easier to connect a name with a face.

By Practice Technology on August 23, 2017
Hi Samantha. Thanks for reviewing Prevail. In the current version, Prevail 8, you have the ability to attach a photo to a contact. Would you like someone to contact you about the possibility of an upgrade? If so, email me. Robin
Leanne C.
Attorney/Owner
February 2, 2017

“I cant imagine my day without prevail! ”

OverallPrevail is more than a software it's an amazing company that will be there to help you develop your business. I first purchased prevail in 2013 and the SAME STAFF that helped me then has recently helped me through a business transition nearly 4 years later. I highly doubt that you would have those kind of personal relationships at any other software company. Additionally the software is extremely effective but also easy to learn. We've had no problem training incoming staff quickly with prevail. Prevail helps keep me organized and makes it easy to check in on any deadlines in the office. It makes supervising my staff easier than any other program. I promise you will love prevail and the company that provides it.
ProsKeeps me organized and its easy to teach to new staff
Bill Z.
January 26, 2017

“Excellent software. Best value for the price. User friendly and support with a smile!”

OverallThere is no truer statement than garbage in then you get garbage out! The more you use Prevail the more and more awesome Prevail's information you give it helps your cases. Its quick its intuitive and its user friendly. The developer is constantly making it better. We use Prevail daily almost all day and it makes our cases run so smoothly.
ProsEase of use and how user friendly it is. The learning curve is nearly zero.
ConsI can't think of one except maybe that its not FREE? But that wouldn't be fair would it?
Recommendations to other buyersIf you aren't using it than why not? I mean wake up and smell the coffee!

By Practice Technology on January 26, 2017
Thank you, Bill, for your kind words. It's great to hear that our clients are happy with Prevail, and with us!
Tammy H.
Supervising Attorney
September 14, 2017

“Easy to use and makes life easier dealing with clients.”

OverallEffective communication with clients and staff. It is extremely affordable for all types of law firms and sizes. Extremely helpful staff at Prevail keeps me informed regarding the program processes.
ProsThe note tab and calendar system makes it easy to schedule clients and return phone calls. This system has the ability to track tasks assigned to each staff member. I am able to document tasks and the status of each case on a daily basis. Clients files are worked on a daily basis so there is no lag time to make deadlines.
September 14, 2017
Janice F.
Law Practice, 51-200 employees
August 21, 2017

“My experience has always been amazing. ”

OverallReliability and great support. We are able to manage our many different practice areas with one program.
ProsVery user friendly and they are constantly working on updating the software so we are always ahead of our competition. Their customer service team is always top notch.
ConsThere really aren't any cons. The only thing I would want is for it to communicate with more outside software such as our fax machine to do automated faxes.

By Practice Technology on August 23, 2017
Hi Janice. Thanks for your great review! Your suggestion about integrating with fax machines has been passed on to our developers. Robin
Mary W.
April 6, 2017

“I'm a fan ”

OverallSince day one I have been happy with this product. The capability of this product paid for itself many times over. It auto populates multiple forms meaning I pay less for secretarial help. It keeps me from missing deadlines, which saves clients and cases. It allows me to find out where my business is coming from so I can appropriately say "thank you". It's very flexible to I can add fields as I need. The staff has always been right there ready to help. I could spend a day extolling the advantages if I wanted to take the time.
ProsIt has so many options.
ConsThere is a learning curve.
Recommendations to other buyersIf I started all over again I would buy it first thing/.
April 6, 2017
Wendy T.
Legal Assistant/Office Manager

“Saves time!”

OverallTime, creativity, information, transition to paperless office
ProsGreat staff! May I join your staff. Saves time....as much as 50% prior to use of Prevail. You can find new uses for Prevail on a continuing basis, either on your own or through the provided resources.
ConsCan't think of a thing! OK, if I must think of a few.....when I write a history note and my note goes into the extended section the first letter is automatically capitalized even when it is not appropriate. I would call this a petty annoyance.
Tom D.
May 20, 2014

“PREVAIL IS A FANTASTIC SYSTEM”

OverallPrevail is a fantastic system for maintaining client files, documents, the current status of each case, the history of the entire case, and the next step which should occur. This system allows you to calendar appointments, as well as set up, assign and complete tasks, and send messages throughout the office. The system integrates with Word, WordPerfect, and QuickBooks. Management reports can be generated from the data maintained in your files. This system allows one to keep up with tasks completed and still pending, and allows one to assign great priority to the tasks which must be completed by a certain deadline Prevail recently introduced a new version of its system, which just came online a couple of months ago. There are still some bugs which need to be fixed in the new version, but changing to the new version was painless and quick for everyone in the office. The new version has several significant new features, including a Do not Disturb function, increased security and individual User options. While I am unable to list all of the wonderful features of this system, one of the most beneficial for us is the capacity to modify the system so that it works most efficiently for everyone in the office. We can add or edit steps, documents, reports, and client questionnaires as needed. This system allows us to painlessly and seamlessly keep a record of time spent and costs incurred for each client and for each task. The customer support is wonderful. The wait times are short and call backs are available. The tech team works through any and all issues online with us while we are on the phone with them. This is the best customer support I have ever seen with any system I have used. I unequivocally recommend Prevail.
Mary D.
Clerical Assistant
September 12, 2017

“Prevail is easy to use and has many helpful options. ”

OverallThe benefits i get from this software are staying on top of upcoming cases and allowing to see what really is the most important thing i have to work on, sometimes we get carried away thinking everything we have to do is important at our job but Prevail allows us to lay our cases and due dates right out in front of our eyes and physically show us "hey this needs to be worked on now" or "this can hold off for the time being" it takes the "overwhelming" part of work out of your hands. Literally gives you a top tier and lowest tier priority of work.
ProsI am freshly new to the world of law & Prevail is not only easy to use but has many options that allow the user to remain reminded about up coming and past events to work on, learning the ins and outs of law and being there are many cases to work on Prevail allows the user to remain on schedule with jobs that are time sensitive and need to be worked on ASAP.
ConsThere are slim to none things I do not like about this software, there maybe a few things options wise that seem redundant but other than that I tend to use everything that is in the software, from upcoming reminders to tasking future events prevail makes it hard to not stay on top of upcoming cases and future ones too!
September 12, 2017
Fred B.
Lawyer
August 21, 2017

“Have had Prevail for several years. Could not operate without it. ”

OverallHelps me run my practice
ProsThe majority of my case load is Social Security, but Prevail works with any practice. It is an absolute must in today's technology and paperless lawyering. I think it is a great product. I think they're even more useful functions that I do not even know about.

By Practice Technology on August 21, 2017
Hi Fred! Our Prevail User Group is a great event where you can learn all about Prevail's features, even the ones you don't know about! We'll be in St. Louis in March. Go to www.prevail.net/pug Thank you!
Diane B.
President/Owner/Attorney
May 24, 2017

“Without Prevail my law office would be lost. It's easy to learn and use. Great technical support.”

OverallOrganization.
ProsAutomation, automation, automation. Prevail tracks and enters many of our day to day tasks, it propagates forms and sets deadlines, saving us countless hours. Also, the reports are extremely useful for business insights. The questionnaires are easy to follow. Prevail is user-friendly and can easily be customized for unique needs.

By Practice Technology on May 24, 2017
Thank you, Diane, for your kind words about Prevail and our Support Team! We appreciate you too!
May 24, 2017
Vicki B.
Claims Consultant Advisor
August 22, 2017

“Prevail is easy to use and the features are helpful in my day to day work.”

OverallThere are several options that I don't use in Prevail, such as many options in the Report and Report Builder menus, Event's and Strategies. Many offices may use all of the options. Saying that this is a con but it is nothing that affects my use of Prevail.
ProsThe ease of using the program and being able to move within the program to find or record needed information for our clients makes our daily job flow and simplifies the work.
Elizabeth J.
February 23, 2017

“Prevail Review”

OverallI have had a pretty good experience with Prevail. I have seen some struggles with Windows 10. I am hoping that these bugs will be ironed out with Prevail 8.
ProsI like that it is easy to use and pretty user friendly. I like that there are not as many options for personalization as Prevail 6.
ConsI wish that with the History that it didn't put the newest item by day and then by time - I wish I could make it so that the lasted post in History is always on top.

By Practice Technology on February 23, 2017
Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for your review. Our tech support team will be in contact with you to show you how to have your most recent history entries post at the top of the tab.
February 23, 2017
Connie V.

“Wonderful”

OverallIt saves me a lot of time. I could not stay as orgainized as I am without Prevail's help.
ProsI could not maintain my case load if it wasn't for the Prevail softwear and all it does. It produces all I need to do all aspects of my job. It has reminders, letters, and all my forms. I have used this software since 1996.

Thanks, Connie!
Ashley G.

“Lifesaver! ”

ProsAll of my case information is in one location. It's easy to navigate and notate on the go. I can look up any information whenever I need to.
ConsAppearance could be more customizable, I guess. I don't have any thoughts as to cons or dislikes on this product.

By Practice Technology on August 23, 2017
Thank you for the great review, Ashley!
Erika R.
April 23, 2015

“Easy to use, incredibly interactive, and highly efficient”

ProsThe program seems as though it was created to meet the growing demands of my firm and increasing number of clients. The customer service has been phenomenal - not only are they prompt and receptive to your questions but they also listen to feedback and help structure the program to best firm our firm. Everything from the matter pages and tools to document preparation and information merging to the calendar flows smoothly and is efficient.
ConsI really have no complaints. While it may be easier if the vendor resided in our state, that certainly has no real impact on the ease of product use, accessibility to customer service, or the quality of the software.
Recommendations to other buyersTry this program! Our firm has tried numerous other programs and has had to sustain on various programs at once to make-up the work Prevail can do alone. You will not be disappointed. Prevail has made our lives and case management so much easier in every department. Also, do not be afraid to contact customer service for any question or for feedback - you will be delighted at their responsiveness and resourcefulness.
Michelle W.
Law Practice, Self-employed
April 20, 2017

“Great functionality and options!”

OverallSimple installation with support from very experienced and dedicated staff. Easily customizable for veterans disability practice. Ongoing support costs very reasonable. Great return on up front investment.
ProsCustomizable and scalable.
April 20, 2017
Elyse F.
Government Administration, Unspecified
April 23, 2015

“The Future is Looking Bright”

ProsThe best part about the system is the speed. When you research on any engine, including Google sometimes, it seems to take a long time for the search to be completed with possible options. However, prevail is not the case. Prevails search engine is accurate and fast! Another wonderful feature is the "tabs". Prevail is a very organized system and now our cases have more organization and more precision. If we want something added to help the organization even more, the team adds it for us.
ConsThe number one is the calender. I feel the calender is not properly sized and or capable of properly showcasing a firm of our size's case loads. I feel there should be more improvement made to the "look" of the calender and should look at examples of other software calenders i.e. Outlook
Recommendations to other buyersThere is always room for improvement, but I feel Prevail is on the right path and is willing to explore new options and new software to improve Prevail.
James B.
October 13, 2017

“Great program. Company a pleasure to work with. ”

OverallMore efficient claim management
ProsEasy to use. Support is wonderful. Everything I need is in the program. If I have an issue they solve it
October 13, 2017
Benjamin D.
Law Practice, Self-employed
September 16, 2017

“Powerful software that does everything you need and more. ”

ProsEasy to Use with Training; Customizable; Interface; Comprehensive CMS and Document Management; Great Value; Good for multiple practice areas; Good ways to measure productivity; Good for scaling up your practice;
ConsDoes not work with Google Calendar; Requires use of Microsoft products; TWAIN compliant scanners required (i.e. can't use Scansnap); Ledger and costs interface are confusing; More free training would be nice;
September 16, 2017
Evan O.
February 14, 2017

“ Best Customer Service Ever!”

OverallI have been using Prevail since 2001 when opening up my new law practice. It is still one of the best decisions that I made!
ProsCustomizable and constant upgrades.
ConsNone
February 14, 2017
Ann D.
President/Attorney
May 20, 2014

“Practice Technology --Prevail Case Management System ”

OverallPrevail is the best case management system you can have. It will sync appts with your mobile phone. They have staff for technical support. You have unlimited calling. Their training is great and if you ever have problems you just call and they will help you. They can help you set up their built in process steps so you can assign specific tasks to specific individuals. For example if you get an initial denial it will automatically set up a task to make an appt. for someone to do the reconsideration, it will give you statute notifications as to when your deadline for completion is and this is true for every step in the social security process through federal district court. We have used it since 2009. The only time consuming thing which is not that bad is initially setting up your personalized letters so they are part of the process. The trainer helps you complete this. It is the Best Case Management System around and I have used others. Their staff is always friendly and gets back to you. If something needs to be changed by the development system they always call you back and let you know the status of any changes you request. They work had to make their system user friendly and to listen to customers suggestions for any improvement.
April 24, 2014

“An Abomination”

OverallPrevail is the worst case management/CRM software solution I have seen in my entire professional career. It has huge issues with case status- you can't add new status types (ie, awarded but unpaid), and there are many obvious oversights in the software design; for example, it doesn't update the case status once you complete the task generated when you indicate that an appeal must be filed by such-and-such date. As a result, it is almost impossible to get an accurate picture of your case-load; all case status updates must be done manually. Perhaps the most irritating feature is the 'message list.' There are two options. The first option is that Prevail will steal focus (ie, makes the program 'pop up' in front of whatever program you are using at the time- e-mail, the internet, etc) whenever someone completes a client task you are associated with. The second option is not to receive the messages at all, and not to have any record of the completed tasks that you are associated with. As a supervisor, this would mean you would have no idea when your subordinates complete work. Since that's unacceptable, I have closed about 20 pop-up windows while writing this review. Worst of all, Prevail's reporting capabilities are abysmal. There is a limited menu of options for types of reports you can use, so you will need to compromise to get the information you want, using a report that isn't quite what you need and doing more work to account for the software's shortcomings. To be fair, you can also wait for their people to make custom reports, or try to use their incomprehensible custom report builder (it was designed for their programmers to be able to use). Scandalously, once the program produces a report, it makes a PICTURE. This means that you can't take any of the information from this program and dump into a real program like Excel to get the information you need (unless you enter each datum manually). This program literally has the potential to cause your
April 24, 2014
Patricia K.
Case Manager
Government Administration, Unspecified
May 5, 2015

“Work with Prevail”

ProsPrevail is very user friendly. I like that you can search a client's name and it comes right up like a web search. You can search a partial name and every client with that name comes up. It comes in handy when you have a large client database. I also like the way the main page for clients is set up. You get the detailed information on the client and also it shows the process step of where the case is at. When clients call I find it easy to give them a status update with the information right there. Another great thing with Prevail is the way the medical information is set up; you put all your dates in of when the records are received, submitted and requested. It's a great system and easy to use.
ConsThe notes are kind of difficult to read - for me anyways. I feel like I keep scrolling and it's a big jumble of notes. You can put them in date order, which I do, but it just doesn't seem very clean and separated.
Recommendations to other buyersAs far as recommendations go, our office uses this with a large database of clients. It makes it easier finding the client you're looking for when you search.
May 5, 2015
June 2, 2014

“User-friendly software and GREAT customer service”

OverallAs a longtime Prevail client, I feel compelled to set the record straight for other current and potential users. His previous review of Prevail contains inaccurate information. 1) You can add case statuses through the Databank, and the status can be updated automatically by properly setting up and using the Process Builder. 2) I'm not sure what version of Prevail Mr. Smith uses, but in the latest version, Prevail 7, the messages do not take over the screen. You may set them to display in a non-intrusive manner in the corner of your screen, much like alerts from Outlook for new e-mails. 3) Reports in Prevail CAN be exported to Excel. In fact, I export over half of the reports I use to Excel, so that I can manipulate the layout of the data in a more useful format, put the data in a graphical view, etc. Training is definitely the key to getting the most out of Prevail.
Pros1. User-friendly 2. Great customer service 3. Prevail is designed to work with ANY law type 4. You can customize many parts of the program to fit your practice.
June 2, 2014
Ami G.
May 20, 2014

“THE BEST Case management software out there!”

OverallAfter using several different case management software on th emarket, I was intorduced to Prevail. By far, Prevail is the best. Prevail offers complete case management tracking, ledger capability, and email communications directly within the software. This prevent the need to attach or post an email to the software. Prevail offers numerous law types which can be customized per user. Our firm focuses on veterans law and this is one software that has veterans law built in. We did have to customize the process tab in order to track the appeals, however; customizing the appeal process allowed our firm to track and create processes according to OUR needs. Prevail also features a much easier document merging setup for MS Word or PDF documents. Prevail's customer service has been excellent at answering any questions I may have. They even assisted our firm on a weekend holiday after normal hours! I would highly recommend Prevail to ANY law firm as this software has everything a firm would need to keep track of your case from criminal law, workers comp, social security to veterans law.
Janice S.
Operations Manager

“Prevail Is The Best”

OverallWe have been using Prevail for the past year and I really don't have much to say negatively regarding to this company and their softwares. Every now and again there are glitches in any system but what seperates Prevail from other software companies is that they are very attentive to their customers. If you have any issues with your program they do not hesitate to log into your computer and work through the issue with you. The tech team is awesome. This is the first company I have worked with that just gives out their direct numbers freely. The program itself is incredible. We are a multipratice firm use the program for each one of our practices. I love having the ability to have our intake questionnaires automatically save into the system, where as previously with our old program Client Profiles we had to save documents on our desktop and then attach. Prevail has the ability to just scan directly to a file. No extra work. I love this program and would continue to recommend it to everyone I encounter in the legal field. No matter what your business is, prevail can work with it.
Lauren C.
Case Manager
May 13, 2015

“User friendly, efficient, fast ”

ProsPrevail is very easy to use, you can customize your needs of the program to fit what you need to accomplish. Its very fast when loading documents and transiting between different screens.
ConsThe thing that I like the least is the "notes" section - it is not the easiest to read and follow sometimes, most of the time I read everything in "History" cause it stands out better
Recommendations to other buyersJust review the notes section and the history section.. If you have to document a lot of things you do or who you talk to this is something you will want to review. Since this is something that I do everyday and have to always document things, it just took me awhile to get used to how this was set up in prevail.
May 13, 2015
Kevin H.
attorney
August 21, 2017

“great program. One of the best programs that does not have a monthly charge.”

OverallOrganization, organization and organization. Everything at one place or in one case. Calendars to view all upcoming meetings for the firm, a staff member or anything in between.
ProsCost is up front / No hidden fees Ease of Use flexibility of use Great training and customer service (probably best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with)
Conslimited customization (small issue because software covers a lot of ground) some legal matters lack necessary fields

By Practice Technology on August 21, 2017
Hi Kevin! Thanks for your review. Tell me, what fields are you looking for, and in what law types? Robin
Chereka P.
April 25, 2018

“I like the software, but I feel there could be some changes.”

ProsI like that this is a tool to manage our case load without physical filing. I love the document merger because it is a huge savings of time. I think this is a great program but based of other firms their may be more efficient technology.
ConsI wish that the document merger could handle putting more than one of the same contact type on the same document. It seem that the software often has problems depending on the computer that it is on. I wish that the program was more easily accessable from other places such as home or our phone because the attorneys do a lot of out of office work. I was hoping that the process area would be able to work in a more automated way, it feels like there always requires some human component to things in this program and I was hoping that it would provide more of a force flow for our case work. If I were at this job during the time that we were in the decision making process of determining which legal software to go with I probably would have went with another product because there are more automated options.
April 25, 2018
Courtney H.
September 26, 2017

“Love it.”

OverallOrganization, cost savings and efficiency.
ProsIt is great for organization and efficiency when used properly. I like having all of the information in one place.
September 26, 2017
Marina H.
August 21, 2017

“Prevail staff are very friendly and helpful ”

ProsVA friendly, ability to be able to link the calendar and Prevail together, great support service, and can be efficient.
ConsTo many steps to save contacts. Not able to route a phone message, note, email to another employee.

By Practice Technology on August 21, 2017
Hi Marina! You can definitely route phone messages, notes and emails to other users. You can use the linking feature for that, to send a linked message. You can also link a task to the item, and set it for whomever you'd like. As for contacts, you should be able to save them with a minimal amount of steps. Call me with any questions! Robin
Mary Kay F.

“Indispensable”

OverallBeen using PREVAIL since January 2015. The initial investment of set up took us about 6 months. Soon after that we added desktop scanners and since then is has been indispensable! It is so easy for attorneys or legal assistants to cover for each other when out for sick or vacation because the file is centralized and complete (no documents on a desk waiting to be filed and processed). We have over a hundred forms, documents, letters in Merge Doc that makes case management super quick and easy. Orientation for new employees is also great because the steps and tasks are outlines for them and it is very easy to audit work performed so praise or supplemental training can be delivered timely. Word to wise- you do not have to use every feature to still get great value, but the more familiar you become with PREVAIL the more you will use and appreciate.
Daniel D.
April 23, 2015

“Great Case Management Program”

ProsMy favorite part of this product is the ease of use and overall user friendliness. Specifically, in working in a high volume setting it is extremely important to locate individual cases quickly. Prevail absolutely allows me to do that.
ConsThe feature I like least would be the sending of messages to other Prevail users. In my experience you cannot just send a message it has be in a note. No big deal, this is still overall a good product.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you have a high volume case load Prevail would absolutely save you time.
Samantha B.
March 23, 2015

“Great for a Disability Law Firm”

ProsPrevail allows implementation of office procedures to be efficient and accurate. Statute warnings and task deadlines help us to better manage our cases. We built the process steps to work for our procedures, allowing us to monitor our cases, track data, and monitor productivity.
ConsI do not care for the messaging system, but when you have been use to instant messenger from Microsoft it is hard to compare.
Recommendations to other buyersTake the time to build your procedures in to the program and you will not regret it!
March 23, 2015