Cvent Event Management Ratings

Overall

About Cvent Event Management

Cvent is a leader in event management, online event registration, venue sourcing, and mobile event app technology - with over 183,000+ active system users. Cvent modernizes the traditional processes associated with event management. With our integrated platform, planners can more efficiently find venues, plan events, engage attendees, measure the impact of their events, and much more. Learn more about Cvent Event Management

Lindsay J.
Event Coordinator
E-Learning, 501-1000 employees
April 4, 2019

“Cven Event Management Review ”

OverallWe finally have a program where attendees can look over a webpage with all event info and register easily, so our attendee experience has definitely improved. We are also able to send auto follow up emails to all registered attendees allowing us to send registration confirmations, event reminders, cancellations, etc. which has allowed the planners to free up time to focus on executing the event itself rather than sending emails individually to each attendee. The reports also allow us to communicate registrations to our sales staff efficiently so they are aware at all times who is registered as they promote our events.
ProsI have been using Cvent for over 2 years now and would recommend it to any company that is looking for a platform to manage events. We utilize it for event webpages, capturing attendee info, reporting, lead scoring for those that attend or participate at our events, OnArrival check in and the supplier network to source venues. There are many more functions of the program that can cater to your company needs and they continue to integrate with additional companies to help in having everything you need within 1 system. Cvent also released a new version of their program called FLEX which allows planners to design their own webages without being knowledged in HTML which has been a lifesaver!
ConsI think because there are so many ways you can use the software, it takes a little time to figure out what exact configurations you need. It has been a trial and error in creating our events initially, but I think we are finally at a place where our team feels comfortable and confident with the platform and how we set up our events.
April 4, 2019
Stephanie C.
Rewards & Recognition Manager
June 15, 2018

“Robust tool for sending out RFPs, creating and managing event registrations, and proving ROI.”

ProsThe RFP tool has made life so much easier when sourcing hotel and putting together proposals. Before cvent all of this was manual, now it is automated and you can review each hotel in one place before you source them. For the event management tool, there are just so many features and widgets that you can use for your events. If booking hotels the registration form can integrate with passkey so the attendee can reserve a room right away. It also integrates with our GDS to our air team has the most up to date requests in their system. The On Arrival suite and the Crowd Compass app are huge time savers for large events. We used the On Arrival suite to check in attendees at a recent event, print their name badges, and confirm their optional activities all in one place and on average it took less than 5 minutes to do all of this. The Crowd Compass app was easy to set up and customize for each event and really streamlined the onsite process for our planners and attendees. I have used the app for a conference I attended as well as for events that I planned. Instead of printing out hundreds of pages (schedules, maps, surveys, so on...) for each person Crowd Compass houses everything an attendee needs. You can upload the event agenda, map of the conference center, you can send notifications about room changes or special pop up events, take real time polls/surveys, and network with the other event attendees through the app.
ConsIt is difficult to navigate and not very intuitive, I frequently find myself searching for the field I need or calling support because I have an issue I can't solve...and I have used the event management tool for over 3 years now, on a regular basis too! The travel module does not integrate well with the rest of the event management models. I am hoping that Flex will solve some of the issues but that will not be completed until Oct. 2018. Reporting is confusing, they offer so many report options which is great but finding the correct report is a challenge. You can create a custom report but again the types you choose from are not intuitive. For example, I recently had to create an air actual report so I chose the report type air actual; however with that report type certain features like airline and the record locator are not available (those fields seem kind of important when pulling a report about flight). I have to select the report type, air actual details, in order for those fields to show.
June 15, 2018
Emma B.
Sr. Marketing Communications Specialist
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1000 employees
January 19, 2017

“Best in Class Solution - Backed by the Best in Class Team”

OverallI inherited our Cvent account when I began at my job nearly 7 years ago and couldn't be more pleased with how much our partnership with them has grown. Through the years they continue to be searching for how to be better, more innovative, always on the look out for the next new thing; all while continuing to keep the focus of the customer top of mind. I am part of the Cvent Advocates program, spoke at the past 3 annual events, presented on dozens of webinars and fostered real friendships with the employees. Cvent feels like an extension of my team, rather than a product or service that we use. I couldn't imagine using a different partner, every so often we have done our due diligence and nothing holds a candle to what Cvent has to offer. If you are willing to put in a little bit of effort, Cvent and its team will match you tenfold and do everything in their power to help make you and your event a success. Thank you, Cvent, for making my job easier.
ProsIt continues to evolve, they don't just make an update and leave it sit for the next big update. Continuous evolution of the product makes it extremely user friendly and offer solutions to issues you didn't even know could be fixed.
ConsThere are parts of the software that do not do everything we would like; some customization and functionality. However, I am able to share my feedback directly with the team and more often than not, within a given amount of time they have placed that item on the road map and it's completed.
Recommendations to other buyersYou cannot expect it to do all the work for you. Yes, this software is extremely user friendly and will automate many processes and procedures as well as make your job easier. But just like most things, you have to be willing to put in the effort to be sure that you are getting the most out of it. If you are willing to learn more, the team at Cvent will be there with bells on to continue to make your experience even better.
January 19, 2017
SarahEmily L.
Manager of Conferences and Trainings
December 7, 2016

“CVent is both the most unique and innovative option for all your planning needs”

OverallCvent is an incredible platform that, when utilized to its fullest, is a planner's dream. It is possible that you can use it for every step of your planning process starting with venue choice, through budgeting and marketing, and ending with full reporting and broadcasting. It also has multiple platforms built into it that allow your meetings to run smoothly. These include web applications for attendees, quick registration tools, and various ways to track your progress along the way. They also provide integration with their own tools as well as some tools your company/organization may already be using. Throughout the entire process, CVent provides excellent customer support with check-ins that meet your needs/desires. If you'd like them to check in they will and they will also frequently review your account to find ways in which you can better utilize their assistance and products! If you'd rather have a hands-off approach, they're fine with that too.
ProsI appreciate the many tools that exist within the Cvent system. It's truly remarkable that CVent can help you plan and successfully execute every moment from the first step onwards. They seem to have thought of everything!
ConsI have found that since they are often attempting to 'do it all', the reporting options through Cvent can often be very cumbersome and leave you sifting through too many options. However, please keep in mind that, if you are lost, they will help!
Recommendations to other buyersEven if you choose the most basic and intro-level subscription, they will do their best to make it work for you and ensure you are utilizing every aspect of your access to the fullest. It's remarkable to me that the account managers are always trying their best to make the product be as workable for you and your organization as possible.
December 7, 2016
Max M.
Digital Projects
February 22, 2017

“Full Featured Software To Run Events From Start To Finish”

OverallCVENT is great for running single or reoccurring events. If you have a lot of the same people coming, the system can remember them to make the process easier depending on how much personal info you collect. If you use other CVENT software, most of it can be linked to make it even easier to make everything seamless from event apps to on site check ins. Some admin items can be hard to find even after using it for a while because of the logic they use to choose what items are under what headings but not a huge issue. If you are using the software to host your event site, it's best if you can code it all because working with their design and coding team can be frustrating. Customer support is very quick to respond and resolve issues but make sure you contact your account manager and general support just in case your account manager is unavailable at the time.
ProsThe integration start to finish can cover anything you need for an event. The software is very robust to allow you to customize for almost any scenario. Registration options are very good for multiple registrations and easy to modify or switch. Customer service is very helpful when you need it.
ConsAlong with the robustness of the software, certain quirks come with it. Some events have a lot of repetitive tasks you have to complete to get it all working properly and some items are hard to find.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't hesitate to use customer service if you run into any issues. Make sure you test anything you do thoroughly and have other people with fresh eyes test as well on different devices.
February 22, 2017
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
July 3, 2018

“Overall, Cvent has been a great tool for our team and I can't imagine our jobs without it.”

Overallhours of time saved, real-time data upkeep, travel integration, etc.
ProsThe Cvent software is a data gold mine. The days of manually updating/manipulating spreadsheets are long gone and it can all be done simultaneously in Cvent. It has saved our team hundreds of hours of work.
ConsOne of the things I like least about Cvent is their pricing structure. There are so many features that our team would love to implement to take our events to the next level (Passkey, OnArrival, etc.) but we often struggle with convincing the budget keepers the cost is worth it. For instance, our team is completely on board with OnArrival, but stakeholders question the thousands of dollars it will cost when we can continue to pre-print tags before the event.

By Cvent on July 9, 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings. We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!
June 14, 2019

“Great Tool for Event builders and planners!”

Overall1. Resolve potential last minute issues that may arise onsite 2. Staff has been very productive and prepared to manage attendees 3. Provide enough metrics for admins 4. Easy to adopt by non-technical users
Pros1. Interactive Features with Crowdcompass that customize the user experiences and engagement in an effective way. It has really helped us with onsite preparedness. 2. Cloning events or creating templates to re-use and make adjustments that saves time 3. CRM integration options have allowed us to have 360 degree customer view across CRM and Cvent. We have also used SSO to link our existing users account at registration websites. 4. Flex events 5. Ability to integrate with supplier network and survey tools
Cons1.Ways to manage field permissions for users/roles (edit/delete/update) 2.Enforce field validations on account/organization level so that we can maintain data integrity and event planners cannot customize anything and everything at event level 3. 2 way sync through standard integration is not dynamic for custom fields 4. If salesforce has person account enabled, not business account, cvent has no way to accommodate that on contact level during integration. 5. API limit of 10000 is very less for large events
June 14, 2019
Gladys W.
Executive Assistant to the CEO
August 1, 2018

“Be prepared for a 180 degree experience with Cvent's Event Management solution. ”

OverallCvent's event management software saves countless man hours and potential marketing costs.
ProsCvent's Event Management solution truly automates your meetings & events marketing, registration and check-in processes. Upload your attendees with from an Excel or CSV file. Create and send save the date, registration open, reminder emails and practically anything else you can think of to effectively market your meetings & events. Check your registration numbers at-a-glance. Run reports to see who registered, who didn't, and even who is possibly thinking about it with the abandoned registrations feature. My favorite tool is OnArrival (event check-in). Put those days behind you of paper tickets, attendee checklists, and long lines & chaos at the registration table. Upon arrival, your attendees check-in on an iPad, or you can scan them with a mobile device, and look cutting edge while doing it!!!
ConsI would say that Cvent's Event Management platform, like any other tech platform, has a learning curve a moderate one. Setting up my first event was challenging even with training. To my surprise, setting up my second event was even more challenging. Partly because I challenged myself to create vs. copy (feature) my second event from scratch. Due to the platform's many, and I do mean many, features and functionality, I found it difficult to remember all the steps (menu navigation) to create an event. Undeterred, I contacted Cvent's Customer Support (really Customer Care as they go the mile for you) to help me create my second event. For the second time around, I worked smarter and documented all the steps. I can honestly say, it's been smooth sailing ever since! If I run into a snag or have a question, I contact Customer Support or look to my Cvent Community for help. There are many meetings & events solutions out there, but it's hard to beat one of the first and best to market! Stop searching and give Cvent a try.
51-200 employees
July 3, 2018

“Cvent is a great tool for doing lots of different events”

OverallWe as a company get a lot of benefit out of this product. It is easy to use and to keep track of lists. Registration is a breeze once set up and it is very easy to collect data and payment. The customer service is great and they are very helpful and responsive.
ProsCvent is a great tool when you have lots of small events that need different lists to manage. It makes creating new events from a template very easy and painless. The user interface is very clean and they continually update it to make it better. The reporting features are robust and very easy to use. The customer service are is very responsive and they are very thorough about their follow up.
ConsI would love easier features when it comes to customizing the event pages. Something like the Squarespace editor for the actual event sites would make it much easier to see what we are creating instead of relying heavily on HTML skills.

By Cvent on July 9, 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We take great pride in our client support services and are happy to hear they've been a valuable resource for you. We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!
Katherine O.
Electronic Communications Coordinator
June 8, 2018

“The Best Customer Service Meets Great Event Tech”

OverallThe ability to scale an event management solution across our large, enterprise program was a huge win for my team!
ProsCvent's event management solution has plenty of flexible features that make logistics including registration and session tracking a breeze for busy event planners. Plus, the customer service is second to none. (Seriously, one call to their support line will transform the way that you think about help & support lines.)
ConsIt can take a while to learn the ropes and feel comfortable navigating across the platform. That said, after you get the hang of it, using the event management tool will be like second nature.

By Cvent on July 9, 2018
Hello Katherine, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We take great pride in our client support services and are happy to hear they've been a valuable resource for you. We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!
June 8, 2018
Carl L.
COO
Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees
December 21, 2016

“CVENT Integrated our Events, Communication and Association Management”

OverallWe are a multi-client firm that focuses on non-profit association management. Most association management systems have very limited event and communication platforms for the complex clients we have. We focused on getting every client on CVENT for communications and all of our events. This has been great to go into one login and system to manage all clients. We then focused on using CVENT as our association management system utilizing the members only section that can be created and tracking and managing CE's. CVENT has been great for us because everything is housed all together and the integrations are terrific. We can put our clients on CVENT whether they have a small or large budget. When looking at the cost compared to other systems the pricing was comparable, but we were impressed with the options of customer service, online resources and in-person support that are available. I truly see the advances CVENT making that it will be considered a large player in the association management system arena.
ProsAbility to manage very simple and complex events. Integration of events, communication and association management systems. Client success manager that is assigned to your account is great to navigate best practices.
ConsWould like to see embedded video on e-Marketing platform.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend investing in training early and work with your client success manager and you will have a great start. There are different ways you can do something on CVENT but having someone show you a best practice is essential.
December 21, 2016
Jillianna R.
Tech lead and developer
July 18, 2019

“Cvent is the most event management product out there. ”

ProsThe software is so customizable. It will fit any events needs from inception to post event follow up. With the new interface Flex, it's better than ever. It is mobile ready with responsive design and customizable event pages to create professional looking website that rival Wix and Squarespace. And definitely take advantage of the onsite solutions as well as the mobile event apps.
ConsIt's expensive, but you really get what you pay for. It's the best solution out there. You'll save money elsewhere, but you'll be compensation the integrity of your event.
July 18, 2019
Shawn C.
Manager, Events
July 4, 2018

“Transformed our organization's event management experience.”

OverallSaves so much time (and stress). Allows our organization to host more events without having to increase staffing. We are far better able to communicate with our members and get real time feedback on every aspect of our meetings and conferences. They are very happy with the end user experience (i.e. registration).
ProsIt's the total package. From sourcing venues, RFPs, budgeting, marketing, communications, contact management, surveying, event management, graphic design, travel, seating, hotel blocks, you name it, it does it , and does it well. Cvent knows how many hats event planners wear and is with you every step of the way .The icing on the cake is the 24/7 customer support. Competent, professional and free help is always a call or email away. You are in a panic at 3am because you are having trouble figuring something out? Cvent support is there to save the day (I know this because I've been there, done that!).
ConsIt is an investment but the ROI is definitely there. If I had to nitpick, sometimes the HTML editor can be finicky but customer support is there to get it sorted.
July 4, 2018
Marissa W.
Registration Solutions Analyst
July 13, 2016

“Cvent Rocks!”

OverallI like Cvent and I think once they release the new responsive decision and advanced reporting it will be even more phenomenal of a company!
ProsI like that the software is easy to navigate and has a great customer support community in situations where I can't find what I am looking for. I do not often have to reach out to speak to anyone because the information is so readily available for any one to review on their own.
ConsI wish there was more flexibility for airport arrival and departure fields and the ability to turn of the yes/no toggle buttons at the top of the travel pages while in step mode. While there are easy enough work arounds for either issue, I find it is a constant complaint from most clients that we can not change this. However I understand these issues will be addressed with the updates that are coming down the pipeline!
Recommendations to other buyersWhen you begin using cvent, take the time to check out the cvent community and look around. It is often easy to compare it to your old event management tools and find the bad but once you stop looking for problems, you will find that it can handle most event situations. I resisted at first but now truly find using the software a pleasure!
July 13, 2016
Financial Services, Unspecified

“Quite the experience ”

OverallHolds all of our event data and contact information in one platform- easy to refer back to keep branding and expectations consistent
ProsI like that you have the ability to use this software as an all-encompassing platform - for contact history, event registration and tracking, reporting and data collecting, and survey collection and feedback for next event
ConsI think that the additional features are starting to have fees attached to them, rather than just a perk for being a current Cvent account holder - which is costly as it is

August 9, 2018

“Nonprofit perspective”

OverallLike I said earlier, the people assigned to my account and others that I've met and worked with from Cvent through customer service and also other departments focused on individual modules of the platform are incredible. They are passionate about the work, they are upfront about what could or might not work for our case, and they are true partners.
ProsCvent is very easy to explore and use. It offers a great deal of customization and has a plethora of modules to add on that can grow your and your attendees' experience. The customer service is round the clock and everyone is very knowledgeable. The people assigned to your account as well as the custom service folks on the phone are also incredible in helping you work out issues and build on ideas.
ConsThe cost. In a nonprofit getting the business case for putting more money toward something, even if we could really build something strong and grow our attendees' experiences is hard to convince when the contract costs are still fairly high.
August 9, 2018
Audrey W.
Event and Meeting Coordinator
Farming, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2018

“Overall Cvent is very helpful when you are a one person circus for events in the office. ”

ProsAll of the different reporting options and other products that cvent has to offer. I am excited about the new project flex since that will allow for more customization and ability top make every website for registration look unique to its own purpose.
ConsThere are times when I am performing a certain task that the cvent software is not very user friendly. For example when I am viewing all invitess and registrants in order to advance to another page I have to scroll all the way to the bottom and it does not show as an option at the top of page. Also, if I am on page two of the attendee list and click on a name. When I go back it does not take me back to the page it was on, it takes me to the very first page. So when you have 4 pages and on top of that i have to scroll every time to the bottom of the page it is annoying. Also, Cvent does not yet have the capability to do bulk payments or edits when changing a registration type.
Ted S.
Membership Information Systems Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
June 7, 2018

“Best event program on the market right now. We use it for all of our companies events.”

ProsCvent allows you to control all aspects of your event, including registration, email marketing, and billing. It even allows for integration between many CRMs. Our company uses Weblink as our CRM and it integrates perfectly together
ConsMost of their options for events is a la carte pricing. So sometimes you may not be able to fully utilize what Cvent has to offer due to budgetary constraints.

By Cvent on July 9, 2018
Hi Ted, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings. We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!
Kim S.
Event Coordinator
Events Services, 1001-5000 employees
April 23, 2018

“Cvent has made a lot of what we do as Event Planners easier. ”

OverallThe ability to print name badges on site and have the app interact directly with the website, pushing information live to both.
ProsI like the ability to print name badges on site. Also the updated website building module in Abstract Management made our submission process a lot easier and more fun. CrowdCompass is a great app. I am looking forward to the FLEX update.
ConsAbstract Management still doesn't have the ability to push through sessions to Event Management. The website building capabilities in Event Management are not great - they look like 90s templates. I know that Cvent is changing this to be more like Abstract with FLEX. CrowdCompass' map does not have the ability to give a user directions to where they need to go. Event-In-A-Box, while great for probably most use cases, included materials we did not need.

By Cvent on May 4, 2018
Hi Kim, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent's Event Management solution. We are happy to hear that our product has made your life as a planner easier! We also want to thank you for being a Cvent Advocate and appreciate your engagement in that program! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or need assistance with anything!
Ryan M.
Technical Specialist
Legal Services, 10,001+ employees
February 11, 2019

“Effective to use after the learning curve”

ProsI really like where this company has made changes to make the software more user friendly. I have been using this software for 2 years and they have changed and evolved this program to the point where it takes less knowledge of HTML to use and style pages. I really like they have brought everything to one platform that allows any user to create an effective page.
ConsThe program takes some getting use to. A lot of bells and whistles that require one off help; however, their support team handles these issues very well and trains you on them. This being said, they are an "off-shore" support team and they can be difficult to understand at times. There is some limited functionality to the web pages. When building pages for my stakeholders that would like changes made beyond the scope of what the program is designed to do, it creates a situation where I have to explain that the software doesn't work that way. This happens at least once every time I create a page for someone.

By Cvent on April 1, 2019
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We're sorry to hear that it's been difficult trying to understand our support team at times. We've shared this feedback with our customer support team to further investigate. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!
February 11, 2019
Computer Software, Unspecified
June 20, 2018

“Great tool, but complexity results in less adoption”

OverallVisibility and supports Duty of Care
ProsThe full 'end to end' solution is the great thing about Cvent, from registering the need for a meeting or event, through to sourcing, event website, attendee invites (with a whole load of functionality) through budgets, on-site management and ROI.
ConsCvent is very complex which limits adoption. Inevitably, with such a great end to end solution, complexity is expected, but nevertheless this is the unfortunate downside...

By Cvent on July 9, 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team. We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!
June 20, 2018
Mayra B.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management, 1-10 employees
June 5, 2018

“CVent helps us make our events successful and has allowed us to go paperless at our conferences.”

OverallMany--too many to list! CVent helps the planning process of our events simple.
ProsThe ease of submitting payments online (both checks and credit cards); being able to copy over events and update as you go; having a separate website for each event; having access to customer support in a matter of minutes.
ConsSearching for attendees can be tricky sometimes (people who had been registered didn't know up on our reports).

By Cvent on July 9, 2018
Hello Mayra, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings. We also want to thank you for being a Cvent Celebrity and appreciate your participation in this program. Visit the CelebrityHub, http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh, to check out the latest Cvent product updates, learn best practices, take part in beta testing opportunities, and earn cool rewards! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!
May 15, 2018

“User Friendly!”

ProsThis software looks like sometime spend time developing it. I use this almost everyday as an administrator, and it is so simple. Easy to add users, edit content, and overall a nice website to have to spend alot of time.
ConsThe customer service department could use some work. Helpful, but with the new integration of systems i feel that they are just looking for more money.

May 15, 2018
May 11, 2018

“Resource intensive work made easy”

OverallAll in one place, great event management tools, great for multiple people to work on the same event software.
ProsIts helped save lots of hours I would normally spend on organising events. The tools that this application have are great, from duplicating events (so you dont have to redo the paperwork) to templates for websites to help promote your event. Its very good.
ConsLike with all new applications, the initial set up and getting to know the system can be time consuming. But once you get to know it its a very easy application to use.

May 11, 2018
Lucy G.
Training Events Coord/Field Training Support Speci
July 3, 2017

“I struggled with 'user friendly', at first...I've since learned to navigate and am happy with CVENT”

OverallThe ability to collect data regularly and consistently. To readily access that data. The potential to further collect data significant to our non-for-profit organization. We are far ahead in our ability to create comprehensive reports than we were prior to Cvent The ability to monitor our registration processes with the added assurance of its accuracy. The ability to collaborate with CVENT and PayPal in the events' registration payment processes
ProsEven at the minimum defaults, the overall presentation of an event is highly professional. As a non-for-profit organization driven by data, the data this system has the potential to collect is phenomenal. The payment process and financial reporting is also easy to use and a huge timesaver. The support services are the absolute best I have experienced.
ConsNot as intuitive as I expected Registration Types do not auto-alpha when translating from selecting registration types to posting them on the event webpage Would like more options for customizing conference sessions and collecting/reporting the registration data Would also like to see templates for non-for-profit organizations
July 3, 2017
Kassandra R.
Registration Coordinator
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
May 29, 2018

“A Complex Platform for Complex Events”

ProsI love that Cvent is constantly improving. They really take feedback seriously and work hard to find solutions to your problems. We have a very complex event, and have found solutions to the vast majority of our issues, and where some solutions were a little sticky at first, updated versions and new features have consistently improved functionality. I have found the support team helpful and while our initial representative was not the greatest, I requested a new rep which was processed quickly, and he has been wonderful.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve, but if you require a platform that can handle an event's complexity, I believe this is to be expected. Still, there are a few items that I still don't find intuitive in the interface, but I am confident the release of Cvent Flex will address many of these issues.
May 29, 2018
501-1000 employees
November 3, 2017

“Cvent is a very good SMM tool overall”

OverallQuite a bit. For one, I now feel a lot more comfortable using the tool. Before, we used Lanyon and I felt like I needed a PHD to navigate the toold. Now I'm comfortable with the tool and can quickly access what I need.
ProsIt super easy to submit a meeting rfp. I find the hotel sourcing tool to be very intuitive, efficient and overall all extremely easy to use. I once did it in the time it took my plane to finish boarding. I also like that while sourcing hotels, the system maps them for you. this is really helpful when you are trying to find hotels close to a particular place or another hotel. Like when sourcing overflow hotels.
ConsI wish we could better manage room blocks. I find people that quickly accessing someone's travel/hotel reservation takes a lot of clicks. I also find it odd that they call it travel and not just hotel reservations or something hotel related. Anyways, it's also hard to quickly find out how many nights someone is staying or create a room list by room nights for determining food counts and particular meeting attendance.
November 3, 2017
Cali B.
Conferences and Events Assistant
September 26, 2019

“Cvent has helped our team do its job more efficiently and effectively. ”

ProsWe use OnArrival for onsite check in. We love it and so do our attendees! You can create templates and/or duplicate old events, so you don't have to create all new events from scratch. This is a big time saver. Custom contact fields and the question libraries are a huge help to keeping things streamlined from event to event. The new update to Flex makes websites and emails so customizable and beautiful. Cvent has great integration capabilities with other tools and CRMs. Custom reports make sure we get exactly the information we need at various points in the event cycle.
ConsI wish the customer service was a bit better. Everyone is always very kind, but it sometimes takes a while to get a clear response. There are some very specific cases where Cvent is not able to do what we want. We are always able to figure out some kind of work around, it just becomes more complicated or time consuming. It feels like a pretty steep learning curve for new staff.
September 26, 2019
501-1000 employees
June 11, 2018

“The ease of use is phenomenal”

ProsI like the ability to build sites that are easy for registrants to navigate. I currently enjoy being able to have real control over the look and feel of my sites.
ConsI fear with the switch to the Flex platform that I will lose my ability to customize sites. Currently the system is easier to customize and I hope they allow power users to continue to have thar functionality.

June 11, 2018
Angela G.
Meeting Operations Specialist
June 4, 2018

“overall great service”

Prosvery robust - there is a tool in their software system for almost anything you need to do. The software looks at the entire event life-cycle . . from inception through completion
Conscost - expensive for companies that don't do very many events to afford the full enterprise suite. I work for a company that can afford the full suite, and when i recommend it for use to others who are start-ups or don't do many events, they cannot afford the full suite's features.

By Cvent on July 9, 2018
Hello Angela, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We also want to thank you for being a Cvent Celebrity and appreciate your participation in this program. Visit the CelebrityHub, http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh, to check out the latest Cvent product updates, learn best practices, take part in beta testing opportunities, and earn cool rewards! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!
June 4, 2018
Stacy W.
Event Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 1001-5000 employees
July 12, 2019

“Great SMM Tool”

OverallWe're finding ways to drive our employees and customers to cloud based solutions - no more paper, Excel, etc. This is making it easier to report on all types of data and generally makes us look (and feel) more organized.
ProsGenerally, Cvent is easy to use and has great customer support. As we are all trying to be data driven and move away from Excel, this is a phenomenal tool to start building a depository for attendees, budget, and other event metrics and registration the fuel successful events management.
ConsSome of the features still seem to be hidden a few layers deep (e.g. 5-6 steps to turn off/on a specific feature). Pricing could also be prohibitive to smaller organizations who still want all the bells and whistle, but I'll reiterate that you have a great team for customer support to try to find a solution that works for you.
July 12, 2019
Financial Services, 5001-10,000 employees
August 16, 2018

“Pros & Cons”

OverallThe one draw back about being a client is that for the most part, you are a small fish and at times, enhancement requests and other complaints often go unheard (or at least it feels that way). They are spending a lot on acquisitions and expanding their business model but I wish they would really work on allocating resources to enhancements of their core product which is online registration.
ProsConsolidation of multiple solutions into a single tool. Having the app integrated with the website is beautiful - makes life so much easier. The new Flex system has given us the potential to grow and scale technology company-wide, which we could never have done with our old solutions.
ConsThe 'old style' registration shows its age, design-wise and functionally. There are some times when the system takes a long time to 'process' - it seems to be much slower than you would consider acceptable anywhere else in your life. The rollout of the new Flex system has come with ups and downs but I remain hopeful for what the future has to bring!
August 16, 2018
Rachel J.
Field Marketing Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
July 31, 2019

“TraceGains Cvent Review”

OverallWe were trying to automate the events, emails communication as well as build a sleek, intuitive site to impress customers. We accomplished this with registration and the app. It helped cut down on back and forth communication and allowed us look professional for our attendees.
ProsI liked that the registration site was pretty intuitive to build and it integrated seamlessly with the CrowdCompass app. The customer support is amazing too!
ConsSome of the functionality wasn't fully implemented when we bought it, so it was unfortunate to have to work around that. Also, some of the email functions don't work on different browsers.
July 31, 2019
Events Services, 11-50 employees
June 14, 2018

“Great value, lots of customization”

ProsIt is very customizable! You are able to edit everything and program it according to your event and theme.
ConsIt is time consuming and can be overwhelming with all of the options. It takes a bit of learning to get familiar with all of the software.

June 14, 2018
Events Services, 1001-5000 employees
May 1, 2018

“clean, organized, easy to use ”

Prosfeatures galore reporting is awesome love that we can customize website with html/css session scheduling and room blocks are easy to manage
Conssometimes amount of features is daunting cannot rearrange registration flow at this time user privilege limitations are not extensive enough

By Cvent on May 4, 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent's Event Management solution. We are happy to hear that you love using this product and that you've found our reporting and customization features valuable! We'd like to take this opportunity to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Advocates. It's a great way to learn from other Cvent users, learn about new Cvent products, take part in beta testing opportunities, and earn rewards! To learn more, visit: http://bit.ly/2H1G79j Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions or need help with anything!
May 1, 2018
Morgan S.
Global Event Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 15, 2019

“Essential for any event team”

ProsThe ease of use with the implementation of Cvent Flex is a game changer. No longer do you need to know HTML in order to create a beautiful, on brand, event registration site.
ConsAccount managers aren't always the most attentive if you don't have a huge contract with Cvent.
August 15, 2019
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees
July 17, 2019

“Cvent Has Many Pros and Some Cons”

OverallI use Cvent daily! Regardless of the meeting size (10 attendees vs 100), Cvent is crucial for my industry. It allows me to do everything from blast out invites, to submit air requests.
ProsCvent really is the one stop shop for event management. It allows you to do virtually everything in terms of planning a meeting or event, inviting attendees, registration, booking hotel and flights, etc. It is an essential tool for any event professional!
ConsThe new Cvent Flex is not very user-friendly, because it is so incredibly different from the original Cvent. Invitees have been having a really difficult time adjusting to the new layout and registration process, as certain features has been moved or removed completely. I do however like the updated look of the event websites.
July 17, 2019
Michelle L.
Cvent Specialist
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
June 20, 2019

“Could be more intuitive, but excellent customer service!”

OverallThat being said, the experience has, overall, been a positive one. Having taken over the Cvent duties in our building after years of it being shuffled around to whoever had some time to spare, I've been pleased with the improvements the Cvent system has allowed us to make to new and existing events -- making them much sleeker and straightforward from the attendee's perspective. While I don't use Flex a ton yet due to limitations of not-yet-released features, I think it has great potential to become that intuitive/user-friendly platform I'd like to see it become, especially if Cvent continues doing what it does well -- listening and responding to its customer base.
ProsFor the most part, Cvent Event Management can do what you need for most events. Cvent's customer service is the true star -- they are very responsive and provide clear, concise answers on every support request.
ConsIt could definitely be more intuitive/user-friendly. There's quite a lot of, "in order to make this one thing work, you have to go here, here, and here, check that box, select this dropdown..." There is *usually* a way to make Cvent do what you need it to; sometimes, it just takes a bit of hoop-jumping to get there.
June 20, 2019
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
September 26, 2018

“Cvent for Event and Travel Management”

OverallWe have truly enjoyed using Cvent as our primary registration management tool for our Regional events and annual conferences. Reporting and communication tools have allowed us to interact with participants in new ways while further allowing us to respond to shifting trends or needs across our global events.
Pros- We love the supplier network and ease of sending/receiving RFPs and responses. - Excellent reporting features for data management - On-site badge printing and check-in removes the fear of rushes and the need for temporary registration staff.
Cons- Over customization for our builds has made integration with other softwares more difficult - Limited to 10 participants per group for group registration - Difficult to format emails/websites if you have no experience in Html/CSS
September 26, 2018
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
June 21, 2018

“I've used Cvent in a few different capacities over the years. Very easy to use. ”

ProsIt' is easy to use and easy to understand the basics to get the job done. You really can't make a huge mistake that can't be fixed or changed.
ConsHonestly I can't say right now that there is anything I like least. Wish there were maybe a few more ways to sort venues.

June 21, 2018
Lori W. H.
Meeting Professional
11-50 employees
May 30, 2018

“Cvent gets the registration job done and is user friendly. ”

ProsI like that I can send invites to all my attendees at once, but can divide them into different registration paths depending on what info needs to be provided to a particular group. I do have some challenges occasionally trying to figure out how to make something work while building a website, which is the reason for the 4 stars for the Ease of Use
ConsCustomer service. When I call the help line it sometimes takes several times to explain what issue I'm having because the rep doesn't seem to understand what I'm trying to do. I think that these are new representatives and aren't as experienced. Also when I use the chat box I'm not always sure someone is still there because of the delay in their responding to questions.
May 30, 2018
Maly D.
Exhibits & Sponsorship Coordinator
March 23, 2018

“Cvent is amazing - makes event planning so easy and seamless!”

OverallBest way to organize an event and get the registration going.
Prosease to use/ customer support. I also enjoy having an account manager assigned to our company. She is my go-to person for everything and if she doesnt know the answer, she will find out who does and get back to me.
Consback end is a bit hard to navigate, have to go thru many screens to get to where you need to be at times.

By Cvent on April 6, 2018
Hi Maly, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear your account manager has been an excellent and supportive resource for you. We are also thrilled to hear you'd recommend Cvent to a friend. We also want to thank you for being a loyal Cvent Advocate and appreciate your engagement in our rewards program! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have further questions/comments or need assistance with anything!
March 23, 2018
Barbara S.
Snr. Contract Mgr. Sourcing Category Mgmt. Trav
Media Production, 1001-5000 employees
July 1, 2016

“Great Sourcing Tool”

OverallVery intuitive and saved mucho time for our sourcing team. We are able to administer it and have about 15 people in the field working closely with us to source most effectively.
ProsThe great inventory selection. Love the maps and filters. Like the information showing the meeting space offerings and the age of the venue and information such as last renovation. Really like the comparison reporting.
ConsWish we had access to Trip advisor so I can review recent reviews and ratings for lodging when I'm booking meetings that require lodging. Cumbersome to jump back and forth between CVENT and Trip Advisor. Imperative that our employees feel comfortable and safe with the lodging choices. Ratings for cvent venues do not necessarily mirror lodging ratings. Lodging drives my choice for the meeting venues when lodging is also required.
Recommendations to other buyersGREAT tool! Has saved us a lot of time and helped us locate difficult to find venues quickly. Recently used for six very large meetings with limited hotel space.
July 1, 2016
Tamara L.
Systems Specialist
10,001+ employees
June 19, 2016

“Cvent is great, but it doesn't have tools that apply to the whole meeting/conference industry, yet.”

OverallI've used Cvent in both for a non-profit industry association and in the corporate industry. Cvent encompasses a lot of the tools needed for industry associations and the service they provide to help was excellent. Using Cvent in the corporate industry has been okay however it's lacking on some items that corporate meeting planners really do need and use. I do feel confident that Cvent does listen to their clients and they do submit enhancements to their software that actually gets implemented.
ProsSending an email to all the no responses has been easier than ever. Custom reports
ConsUnformatted reports, each time you pull a report you have to re-format, add in a title, etc. Air Actual reports
Recommendations to other buyersCvent does listen, so if there is something you'd like to have and it's not there, don't accept that that's how things should be done. The more people speak up the more this software will get better for you.
June 19, 2016
Gabriela R.
Assistant Director
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
September 23, 2019

“Cvent Makes Work Easy”

OverallSaves our department time and money when planning our events
ProsSimplicity and intuitiveness of the software
ConsThe app is not compatible with my Android device
September 23, 2019
Events Services, 11-50 employees
March 29, 2019

“Two years with Cvent”

OverallCvent has the widest-reaching integration options in the industry. There is no other event management with the same universal recognizability. Our clients are very comfortable with us using Cvent because they are familiar with the software, having seen it everywhere.
ProsCvent is constantly re-evaluating what is of the most value to planners, attendees, and event stakeholders, and creating/updating their products accordingly.
ConsThe software is not intuitive to use, and there is a strong learning curve for new users. We do need to allocate resources towards training when new team members start learning Cvent. Once you are used to it, it comes a bit easier, but I would not say that ease-of-use is their strongest point. I do know they are working to change this.
March 29, 2019
Jessica N.
Marketing Specialist
Food Production, 5001-10,000 employees
March 27, 2019

“Cvent Event Management makes your events so much easier!”

OverallCvent has a lot of benefits. Registration, mobile app, reporting. It is all very helpful when trying to run the back end of your event. Cvent Community is great for self training and the support is always available and very helpful. It was a great decision to start using Cvent for our events.
ProsThe Cvent Event Management portal is very user friendly. Its easy to use and very adaptable to design. It integrates well with other aspects - i.e. passkey, concur, CrowdCompass, making our lives easier on the back end. I love how you can duplicate events so you don't have to start from scratch every time you have a new event.
ConsWhile the updates are great, they were not completely ready for roll out. There was a ton of features not available in the new Flex that we were using with the classic events and this was not communicated to us before designing our event in Flex (also, that was our only options because the removed classic from our account). BUT, Cvent did replicate our event for us in classic mode for the hassle. It is also very expensive, but I'd say it is worth the money.
March 27, 2019
Karen C.
Client Services Coordinator
Events Services, 201-500 employees
August 22, 2018

“Efficient Product to use”

Overall-Customer Retention as it's an easy tool for their clients to use
Pros-Efficiency, I can duplicate an event which cuts my overall time, enabling me to create more events -Not having to create multiple site for one event because it has different registration types with different air and hotel dates. This platform has registration paths and advanced rules to fix that. -Numerous templates to choose from when designing an event -Helpful customer service representatives, always willing to assist -Excited about Flex coming out, which will have the drag and drop
Cons-Cannot update all registration pages at once like the registration questions for different types of registration paths -For events with roommates with different registration types I cannot have some fill out their roommates name and others select from a drop down, I have to do either or.
August 22, 2018
201-500 employees
June 5, 2018

“I really enjoy using this software for hotel sourcing, makes the process so much easier than before.”

ProsLove the ease of hotel sourcing, allows for quick reviews of properties and easy access to send multiple bids at once. Presents a nice grid to show to clients of all the bids you receive.
ConsOne con would be it's very overwhelming at first but they do offer a huge supply of training videos, articles and customer support.

Higher Education, Unspecified
April 23, 2018

“We use Cvent to manage our department's educational workshops and conferences”

OverallA centralized database of information, easy tracking of registration, payments, and specific contact information; waitlists.
ProsI like that I can easily manage the registrants, see all of their important information and run reports.
ConsI don't like how complex the back in is when you are trying to change something later on. I wish it was more like Wix or similar software where you can see exactly what you are changing in real time.

By Cvent on May 4, 2018
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent's Event Management solution. We are happy to hear that our product has helped make your life easier with our reports and registration management functions. We understand your frustration with trying to change your website features, which is why we're excited to announce that we're launching a new product, Flex, which will allow you to see changes in real time. Read more about Flex here: http://www.cvent.com/en/company/cvent-announces-flex-for-event-cloud.shtml We'd also like to take this time to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Advocates. It's a great way to stay up to date with product news, take part in beta-testing opportunities, and earn rewards! Learn more here: http://bit.ly/2H1G79j