ChildWatch Ratings

Overall

About ChildWatch

BEST VALUE WITH THE MOST FEATURES! Get up and running quickly with our monthly cloud-based childcare management services for PC, Mac or Mobile! Solutions for businesses of all sizes offering QuickBooks compatibility, employee time clock, messaging & events calendar, electronic payments, portable meal capture, and more! FREE demo & a 60-day satisfaction guarantee. Extensive CACFP Claims Processing functionality. FREE TRAINING, UPDATES & SUPPORT Learn more about ChildWatch

Stephanie H.
January 27, 2018

“The Childwatch system is a good software to use if you have a business in the childcare industry.”

ProsI liked the ability to use different programs and or rooms for the different ages. I like the ability to add photos for the kids and parents. I especially liked the calendar and parent portal.
ConsMy business is a drop in childcare so we had to manipulate the system quite a bit in order to accommodate hourly billing with the many different specials and programs we run here at the drop in child care center. We knew that from the beginning and tech support was very helpful in showing us how to do the things we needed to do in order to make it work for our center.
January 27, 2018
Carmen B.
HR/Administration
June 5, 2018

“ALL DAYCARE PROVIDERS SHOULD BE USING THIS SYSTEM! We are able to manage our day-to-day operations ”

ProsOur parents & employees were able to easily clock-in/out on any device and had access to the information, features specific to their role. We were able to easily record transitions, milestones, daily sheets, meal counts and so much more.
ConsNothing... Our Parents and staff can access everything in their portal from any device at any time. It made keeping up with attendance, ratios and the knowledge of knowing that was present in the center at all times.
June 5, 2018
Tom V.
Vice president
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 16, 2019

“Basic software, terrible support, no help, canceled”

OverallVery poor, not intuitive and wasted my time. I canceled it and they seem not to care at all. Not recommended. Limited program, thought it would be sufficient but it was poorly written and not supported. Avoid.
ProsThe A/R features were somewhat useful. Sign in seems well thought out though biometrics not supported.
ConsSupport and training sucked. Paid phone support only. Had to submit written questions and wait for answers on a limited schedule. If the program crashed you were out of luck. No searchable help. Online training minimal. We had live training sessions with people who did not know the program. Program is rather simplistic yet not clear at all and I am very experienced using software, writing software, etc. Inexpensive but still not worth it. Also no connection to Quickbooks Cloud.

By Remarkable Systems on October 9, 2019
Thank you for providing your feedback. Sometimes reviews are constructive and provide valuable information for future buyers to make an informed decision. Other times, they are so negative one might question their accuracy & motive.... That said, we are truly sorry that your experience with our services didn't match your expectations. As you can see on other reviews, we are known for providing excellent customer service and taking ownership. We do care deeply about our customers' success with our services. We always aim to deliver a great experience and are gutted when our efforts fail. Thanks again for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn't happen again.
September 16, 2019
Nicole Y.
Daycare provider
Primary/Secondary Education, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 16, 2019

“Great way to stay connected with parents!”

ProsI love this app allows me to keep track of diaper changes, meals served, and photos of children sent to parents daily.
ConsSo far I like everything about the software and haven't run into any kinks.
January 16, 2019
Patricia D.
September 11, 2015

“Excellent product!”

OverallWe have been associated with ChildWatch since we became CACFP sponsors--almost 5 years. Our state process can be very cumbersome and the need for reliable documentation is vital. Since I am the person who is responsible for all data, having a way to meet the reporting requirements that is correct and non-disputable is personally important as well as organizationally vital. ChildWatch has provided that consistency and given us the confidence in knowing we can provide "proof" and adherence to policies and procedures of CACFP with our documentation. As with anything, there have been challenges, but they have been addressed quickly and where necessary, changes made. I don't see how anyone can administer the CACFP program without having ChildWatch as their software support. Best decision our company President ever made!
September 11, 2015
Jacqueline K.
August 27, 2015

“Outstanding customer service, excellent product”

OverallI am a long term Childwatch client and highly recommend this product. My center is part of a larger institution and the program compliments our standalone software capabilities. I find the interface extremely user friendly and logical. I am able to pull reports that display exactly what I need for my customers and for internal program needs. The monthly subscription cost is reasonable and the service has many features that I am not currently able to use, but you should! I can't speak highly enough of the customer service. I have never waiting more than a few hours for a response to any question, problem, or frustration I've experienced. The support team takes customer input very seriously and I've even seen system changes in direct response to the feedback I've given. Remarkable indeed.
August 27, 2015
Carla F.
CACFP Coordinator
July 6, 2011

“Remarkable!”

OverallOther software that you would purchase (in-store) could become out-dated before you learned how to use it. But with Child Watch, you get updated forms & information as needed and do not have to worry about purchasing a newer version; as CACFP rules change, so does Child Watch. The way in which our Agency sponsors CACFP Home Daycare Providers & our own Head Start Centers has changed completely since we have gone with Child Watch; we save a great deal of time & money. Child Watch keeps us competitive.
ProsRemarkable Product - user friendly Remarkable training- as if they are there with you. Remarkable Service - ready to listen & assist Remarkable Support -always there for you
ConsHonestly, none!
July 6, 2011
Lucy G.
Director of Before and After School Program
June 16, 2011

“Great Customer Support!”

OverallHighly recommend the program for small companies!
ProsI implemented this program a year ago and am still learning some of the features. The customer support has been phenomenal-answering my smallest questions and treating me with with respect. They have a very quick turn around time for questions.
ConsI would like to be able to "cafeteria" style choose what I need to have on my account. There may be a way to do that already, but that would require me deleting categories. I'd prefer to add on as needed.
June 16, 2011
Katie V.
Camp Director
May 3, 2016

“Always changes to meet MY needs!”

OverallOur center is unique and we love all the different features that can be easily tailored to our needs. One of reasons we love Childwatch so much is their ability to add/change features to meet our needs. We simply email a suggestion and it's done within a day! Some suggestions are more complex but Childwatch lets you know every step of the way as they are working on it. Talk about a company that serves a growing and changing business!
May 3, 2016
Sandra G.
September 13, 2011

“Childwatch review”

OverallWould definitly recommand this program to other centers and have already.
ProsThe program was very easy to use and get around. The tutorials are a great help. Turn around time for help is fast. Great way to keep track of shot records updates.
ConsMeal count form should be the same as the actual paper form that is reviewed by the state. That way when they come in to review you can show them your counts on paper on the state approved form.
September 13, 2011
Tom W.
September 25, 2013

“Childcare Center Organization”

OverallBefore we got ChildWatch we were languishing in paperwork. The Director was having trouble with mounting files and our federal nutrition program was taking much too much time in record-keeping I am truly thankful that we now have real time and historical data at our fingertips and the money it has saved us over the past few years is incalculable
September 25, 2013
Bryan B.
Administrator

“Remarkable is Remarkable!”

OverallI would highly recommend this product to any child care. Once it is set up and running it is very easy to maintain and use.
Prosflexibility available from any PC multiple reports easy to customize
ConsI have not found any con's I like it!
Randa M.
September 28, 2016

“Randa Mitchell Account Tech Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe”

OverallTook some getting used to but in the end realized it was a very accurate system and if I could have had more use it was wonderful.
September 28, 2016
Tori M.
Program Specialist-Nutrition
September 8, 2015

“Even with the new system I feel like I can find anything.”

OverallChildWatch support is amazing...thank you for you prompt service.
September 8, 2015
Patrell S.

“Child Watch System”

OverallWe have recommended to others who are also using the program.
ProsMeets our needs... Very user friendly...
ConsWe have no issues with the system...