Servant Keeper Ratings

Overall

About Servant Keeper

Starts at just $9.99/mo! Powerful, easy to use church management system for attendance, contributions, groups, pledging, donor statements, mass email/text, secure child check-in/out, mail merging, sacraments, dashboards, robust custom reporting and much more! PC/MAC/iOS/Android. Choose cloud-enabled or run it on your network. Small to mega churches have switched to Servant Keeper 8(over 8,000 in just the last two years)!. Powerful and affordable, find out why so many churches use Servant Keeper! Learn more about Servant Keeper

Sarah S.
Director of Finance and Building Operations
August 16, 2019

“Recommendation for Servant Keeper 8, Cloud Version”

OverallSK allows us to have one database that all staff use to keep track of our members, potential members, friends. We track contacts with all in our database, add pictures, notes, visits, attendance. We have added Protect My Ministry to do background checks.
ProsSK is extremely user friendly and intuitive. It provides a full range of capabilities from basic demographics, attendance, contribution processing and reporting to group e-mails, data sorting on nearly every field, "dashboard" information to get church info in a quick format and well trained, easily available customer support. SK converted 3 years worth of contribution information and all the demographic information from our old system and helped us configure to our needs with SK8 under the "white glove" experience. Training videos provided were excellent. On-going webinars and live training have also been well worth my time. We have all staff set up with the Mobile Ministry app so they can find e-mail, telephone or address while on the go.
ConsI only had one issue that has been a problem, but SK corrected it in an update.
August 16, 2019
Nicole M.
Co Pastor
July 25, 2019

“Servant Keeper The Choice in Church Software Innovative and Integrative; Relational Software”

OverallWe have integrated our accounting and membership departments. We have had been able to communicate more effectively and efficiently with the congregation through the SK Notify tools. We are expanding our functionality by adding Event Brite, Check In and Cloud Directory. We anticipate simpler processes and more excellence with the addition of these tools. Having the ability to equip others to utilize the SK tools definitely supports stronger relationships which in turn supports less money for staffing due to the time saved through equipping others. SK continues to impress me with their ability to listen and hear their audience by remaining innovative with their software.
ProsThe synergy for how all the modules work together. The opportunity to add add on modules when ready both financially and with personnel. The Cloud version is outstanding and the addition of the apps. Time saving! Connectivity at its best! These additions bring the corporation, the leadership and the attendees into relationship because of the tools. Our organization has always appreciated the Support Desk. When i think of Servant Keeper SERVANT always a listening ear and continual support via phone, email or on site trainings. KEEPER committed to excellent support and excellent products.
ConsThere is definitely a learning curve however the Webinars, Trainings, Tutorials, Support Desk make it possible for anyone to use SK.
Vicki W.
Servant
September 19, 2017

“SK 8 is by far the best database for churches of the many I've used. ”

OverallThe ability to track information about our members, attendees, and visitors. Reports that help us track a myriad of things about our congregation so we can better serve them, each other, our community, and our finances along with protecting our children with accurate and detailed background checks. The online directory helps our people to connect with each other easily, update information at their convenience and is secure with individual login. Our treasurer loves the ease of using the contribution section of this software and the reports generated. Just the ability to customize the software for my particular needs and the fact it is a true Windows program that allows you to copy, cut and paste plus update new information for a family with one click is worth its purchase. Many databases don't do that.
ProsIt is user-friendly, customizable, and readily accessible from any computer. The cloud based version of SK8 has features like the Greet and Attend for taking attendance at any event and the information goes into the database. It has an online directory that can be accessed by the church and members can update their profile changes themselves. The online directory will upload any JPEG picture such as selfie taken by the member which is great as it gives insight into each person and their family. They have a great background check program. I could go on and on. It has made my service to my church so much easier. One of the other important features is the Help Desk. These dedicated individuals are efficient, courtesy, informative, and endlessly patient. And they all speak understandable English. The company is also very responsive to suggestions for improvement. Many of the suggestions I heard at training sessions have been implemented in subsequent versions since I began using SK6. I highly recommend this software to every church staff member I talk to and those who don't use it are really missing out.
ConsOnly that it isn't free. I can't really think of any other reason. I know free isn't possible so, like Mary Poppins, it's "practically perfect."

By Servant PC Resources on October 6, 2017
Wow Vicki thank you for your many kind words and for taking the time to post this extensive review! It's a joy and honor to serve Compass Bible Church! - the Servant Keeper Team
September 19, 2017
Liz E.
May 18, 2017

“Servant Keeper 8 is an amazing tool for ministry! It helps you to keep up with your church family.”

ProsI like the groups keeper the most! I like being able to create a group of the particular members I need to reach for our newsletter, prayer chain, small groups, worship, etc. I can create a group of members and run an array of member and contribution reports for use by the church staff, volunteers, committee and session members. We are now on the Cloud, which allows us to use the Mobile Ministry and Greet and Attend apps, as well as the New Online Office! The Online Office is extremely helpful. It allows me the capability to update or add member information from my cell phone or tablet, and that information goes right into the Servant Keeper 8 program. When I am at a small group, class or just bump into someone I haven't seen in a while, I can get my phone out and update their contact information right there. Our members have access to the online directory, they can view their contributions and update a lot of their information on the Online Office. Volunteers and staff can have access to the program from their own computers, so, now they can volunteer to do things at a time that's convenient for them, from wherever it's convenient for them. "Many hands make light work." We can give users and members access to different areas of Servant Keeper based upon their needs. Servant Keeper 8 integrates with several other programs that we use, like QuickBooks. It has also introduced us to other programs that are available like MailChimp, EventBrite and Vanco.

By Servant PC Resources on May 25, 2017
Thanks Liz, it's a joy to serve your ministry and we're so glad you are getting so much out of the system! The integrations you mention are pretty awesome and definitely work checking out. Mailchimp is a great tool for an automated visitor follow-up campaign and Vanco has the best online giving platform for churches! Thanks for using Servant Keeper!
May 18, 2017
Douglas L.
Reitred
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
February 9, 2017

“Servant Keeper - The First Three Weeks”

OverallThe migration to Servant Keeper from another software management program has exceeded all expectations. We migrated our data files over on a Friday morning and the staff was entering the Sunday offerings the following Monday morning without any issues or concerns. Our time to post the offerings and prepare the deposit documents was reduced by over 40%. By the end of the third week of use, the VANCO Payment Systems software were linked to the Servant Keeper program, and the Servant Keeper software was totally integrated into the QuickBooks Premier Edition 2017 Non-Profit software. The Importing and Exporting of the data between the three (3) programs has exceeded our expectations. By the end of the first month the Finance Committee received at their monthly meeting, in addition to their standard financial reports, additional reports generated from the vast number of report options available from the Servant Keeper Report Manager. (We discovered that the Report Manager was so powerful that we could within 60 seconds not only could we select the Reports menu, the Report Manager, and the Criteria for the report, the report was displayed on the screen and the printing was usually completed in less than 50 seconds.) The Membership module has also exceeded all expectations. By the end of the first week our Pastor's smartphone was programmed to access the Church's Servant Keeper data base and within hours it was put into use as well. Our former management program had limited information about our members and we are taking advantage of the vast number of data fields to gather and enter the information. We will be launching later this year the option to make it possible for members to access the member portal that will be added to our website. This will benefit both our members and our staff to update and maintain the family records. There is no doubt that Servant Keeper software is a very powerful, but easy to use, management program. In the business environment of which I was involved in the design and implementation of software programs such as Servant Keeper would be rated in the top 10% without a doubt. There is no doubt that a software program of this caliber would be significantly more expensive to acquire and administer. If a staff member has a reasonable working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs, they can replicate the experience we have had and the support that has been provided to us from Servant Keeper.
ProsEasy of navigation, yet extremely comprehensive in depth.
ConsI have not found enough differences to justify both speed tasks and a regular task bar. I also found the User Manual (Contributions especially) in need of reprint. Many index pages are of by two (2) and the user needs to add 2 to most page numbers. The author makes some assumptions about the reader: 1. That they have a working knowledge of the entire system when reading about a specific task, 2. There are words or topics missing in the index which makes it difficult to navigate through the book.
Recommendations to other buyersOne of the additional powers of the SK software is the linking to other software systems ie: VANCO, QuickBooks, Transmodus, and others like these, yet there is very little in the manual to help the user link the systems. This area could be improved.

By Servant PC Resources on February 15, 2017
Thank you Douglas! It's very kind of you to take the time to post this review. I think it will be helpful for many. We are honored to serve your ministry. The Servant Keeper Team
February 9, 2017
Carol S.
October 3, 2019

“Solution for Church Management Software”

OverallOverall, we are very happy with the transition. We are a small church. So, it is the most affordable solution that met most of the criteria we had for functionality.
ProsWhile I am certified in Database Technology, I understand the need for software that's easy to use for the end-user. This product is intuitive, making it a snap for new users to get up and running with it.
ConsOur previous software had an accounting module to handle more than just our contributions. We currently link Quick Books to our Servant Keeper to solve this problem. However, Quick Books is a huge learning curve as it is not designed for non-profits (terms/language is very different).
October 3, 2019
Susan H.
Financial Secretary (Volunteer)
August 31, 2017

“We recently upgraded to SK 8 with our database on the Cloud. Technical Support was awesome!”

ProsWe have used the SK Contributions module for many years and it has worked extremely well. I especially like, that if we make the occasional data entry error, it is a straightforward process to make corrections. Three of our volunteers attended a SK training session last spring and we were impressed with the membership module. We could immediately see how we could use membership features to support many of our ministries. The ease of customizing our database with our own names for various fields is great. The Groups Keeper is an awesome tool and we foresee using it extensively. Although we are still learning the SK Writer functions, we can already see that in conjunction with the Groups Keeper, we will be able to personalize letters, emails, campaigns, etc. Perhaps the most appreciated feature of SK8 is that it resides on the Cloud. This enables all of us to work from home, which is a huge plus for our organization, which is 100% volunteers, except for our minister. Also, we appreciate that our data is backed up daily automatically.
ConsThere is so much functionality it is easy to "use it or lose it". This says more about us than the software!

By Servant PC Resources on September 11, 2017
Hi Susan, thank you so much for your kind words and your thorough 5-star review! It's a joy and privilege to serve your ministry! - the Servant Keeper Team
August 31, 2017
Deb Z.
Church Administrator
August 29, 2019

“Servant Keeper ”

OverallWe are utilizing this software to get some really interesting report returns as we are learning the capabilities. We are also learning by the types of reports we are looking for how to better maintain the profiles that were set up and to streamline for best outcome in reporting. Again, Servant Keeper Help Desk is a must!
ProsLots of opportunities for reporting, customizing, etc. Pretty robust software. I have just had basic training by a previous user who also did not utilize the software to its fullest as this was not her function. We are learning more and more about just how much this software can do. We have been under utilizing and are looking forward to seeing how we can beef up our usage to get the best return on our investment and to care for our members in a more consistent way. Help Desk and tutorials are most helpful.
ConsWithout the proper training it is not extremely user friendly for reporting but with the right training, the software is outstanding. I highly recommend the Help Desk option. It has more than paid for itself year after year as we continue to learn the capabilities. The staff at Help Desk are super well trained and very helpful.
August 29, 2019
Gwen B.
September 6, 2019

“Servant Keeper Service Review”

OverallWe love that our minister/users can log on from their phones and bring up members for visits or calls. I like the ease of adding members. I like the incredible help I get because I can talk to a person and not go thru several menus to get there. Our bookkeeper has found contributions to be easy to use and help calls very effective in problem solving
ProsUser-friendly with the ability to actually talk to a customer service rep who will help with any problem. Today, reps, actually logged into my account and ran an update and made sure I could access Servant Keeper through an icon on my screen. It must have taken only 10 minutes for her to complete the help.
ConsI'm still struggling with the bulk mail ability. I can create the group, but the barcoded labels don't appear correctly, i.e, they overwrite between the first 5 and the last 4. They should be different each time they are run based on a product called Cassit, that Servant Keeper doesn't use to verify for each time the bar codes are attached to the label list. Also there are authorization reports the post office requires for their automated.
September 6, 2019
Scott M.
Administrator
January 25, 2018

“Investing in the Helpdesk saved me as a customer with Servant Keeper”

ProsI love how much time it saves me. Highly proficient. Love the Help Desk department!. They are quickly becoming my 2nd family.
ConsCannot purchase without Helpdesk. I was a little taken back at first by the fact that the we invested into servant keeper and when we needed training on the program we were told that we needed to pay more money to learn how to use the software.

By Servant PC Resources on February 14, 2018
Hi Scott! Thanks for using Servant Keeper and we're glad you're taking advantage of the HelpDesk. Many companies outsource their HelpDesk so that they can offer "free" support. Many times when you call for help with one of those companies you feel like you know more than their support department. That's the nature of "free" support, unfortunately. At ServantPC we don't outsource our support. Our HelpDesk agents work in the same building as the rest of us. Then there are some other companies simply raise their monthly prices to build in the cost of support. In order to keep our prices down (starting at 9.99/mo!) a HelpDesk subscription with Servant Keeper is always optional. Also, there is help built into the system and lots of ways to get free assistance, but we have worked hard to develop a pricing model that makes high quality support available. thank you and it's an honor to serve your ministry! - the Servant Keeper Team
January 25, 2018
Albert F.
SAP EAM / PM Subject Matter Expert
January 8, 2018

“Servant Keeper gets across the board. Their salesman, ”

OverallOnline directory for church membership. Saved many man days of work recording and tabulating contribution statements to the membership. Opens door to online communication to church membership.' Allows membership to review their giving statements at any time online.
ProsWe formed a committee to review electronic giving in early November. In this process we learned that our church had purchased SK, but had not implemented it. After reviewing the benefits of SK we decided we should first implement SK before moving into electronic giving. We tested SK live for over a month to confirm that it work for us. Prior to SK we used PowerChurch Plus for membership records and manually recorded all of contribution records by hand on paper ledgers. The conversion from PCP went very well using the SK provided tool for data conversion. In this process we moved 525 families with 1149 members to SK from PCP in a manner of minutes. The SK salesman met with us almost daily over the phone to answer our questions when we were in the month long evaluation. He answered both functional and technical questions as we tested the functionality. At this point we have implemented the membership and contributions modules from SK. We are planning to implement the Directory next and then get into email ' text communication in the Church membership. The guys entering the contributions especially enjoyed doing the "Ka-Ching" feature that sounded every time they entered a contribution. Overall at this time we are very happy with SK and the service they have provided as we implemented the software. We decided to implement the "cloud" version of the software and it works as fast as the local version which we used in testing.
ConsWe wish that all of the features were rolled up in the cost for the cloud version. Other than that there everything has worked as advertised.

By Servant PC Resources on January 26, 2018
Hi Albert, very kind of you to leave a very detailed and glowing review of Servant Keeper. It's an honor to serve your ministry and we are so glad that SK is a blessing for you! - the Servant Keeper Team
January 8, 2018
G. G.
IT Services
February 24, 2015

“A different perspective ' an IT Services Professional's view of SK”

OverallAs an IT Services professional for over three decades, I am engaged daily, sometimes for hours on end, with software products, services, and helpdesks around the world. Over the years, I have observed great software looses its greatness if the helpdesk and support team do not provide the same level of great support. Sometimes made bearable with a good helpdesk and support. Tolerable with live, call-in, voice support instead of chat and email support. Quite serviceable if the helpdesk knows the software inside out. Equally important is, if the helpdesk clearly understands the short-term and long-term purpose and goals of why the software was developed. A combination darn hard to find today. To be really great software, the helpdesk must be equally great. That is not done by the helpdesk following a Script of (many times) unrelated checkpoints and disjointed steps. I am not the "end-user" of SK. For my clients, my task as a contract IT professional, is to install, and locally support SK through all phases of it lifecycle. Of course, the client also has the ability to call SK directly. On the more technical, cumbersome or time consuming challenges, I am typically asked to do the "heavy-lifting" with the SK helpdesk. Over the past 6 years, with every single instance, I have experienced a very high quality level of support. Some of the very best service have experienced, and I deal continually with a lot of helpdesks around the world. How I rate SK (01, lowest to 10, highest points) Service: 10 pts. Purpose Driven 10 pts. Mission Driven 09 pts. Down-right pleasant and personable - the right amount just to let you know it is "Person-to-Person", NOT "Script-Reader to User". 09 pts. Professional 09 pts. Knowledgeable - I am continually surprised at the depth the helpdesk folks know their product. 42 pts. Truthful - If they didn't know the answer at the time, there was no bluffing, no wasting time. Simply, "I don't know, but will find the answer or a staff person (supervisor or engineer) - and I will get back to you by (target time/date). 100%, without fail. Oh, did I miss mentioning the software. Absolutely, 9.999 Points. (Of course it's not perfect) I have SK installations in a very large congregation (1000+) and in smaller congregations (under 250). All of my users have found SK and the Helpdesk Subscription extremely Cost Effective. ROI on all of this? In this case, Eternal - Priceless.
February 24, 2015
Jeff O.
Sr. PAstor
April 24, 2018

“Servant Keeper is a great product for the price. ”

ProsThe price verses quality is exceptional. Servant keeper is easy to use, and does a great job at tracking church membership. All the new features that have come out have made it very competitive with other companies. I especially like the add on of background checks and registration.
ConsI am not a fan of how expensive the cloud/ mobile versions are. This is a great feature that many churches could not afford. We had to pick a few staff members to receive the app, and others had to use the traditional site. I also wish each member could establish their own profile.

By Servant PC Resources on April 25, 2018
Hi Jeff, first thanks for using Servant Keeper and for recommending it to other churches. Second, I think you may not know that all of your users can use the mobile and web apps as well as the desktop apps and you can use it on unlimited devices and computers for no additional charge. Also, please know that all of your members can manage their own profiles online at no additional charge to you. - thanks! the Servant Keeper Team
April 24, 2018
Andre L.
Consultant
January 21, 2014

“SK7 Upgrade - be careful!”

OverallWe have used SK6 for a number of years at our church and have been very satisfied with it. My wife is treasurer at our church and at another church where she has been frustrated by their existing, 'clunky' system. Based on her experience with SK6 at our church, she persuaded them to buy SK7. One of the most useful features for entering contributions in SK6 was the ability to scan checks which prefilled the contributors details and helped ensure correct allocation. This feature has not been retained in SK7. Instead it has been replaced by a new feature which utilizes a service with TransModus which allows checks to be scanned and deposited directly into your bank account. However, this service costs $200-$300 per month which is too expensive for smaller churches with tight budgets. It would have made a lot more sense for them to have retained the old option in SK7 in addition to the new option. I can see that the new option could be useful for bigger churches with more substantial budgets. I just cannot understand why the existing users should now be adversely impacted by having the simple check scanning functionality removed. I spoke to a SK sales rep who seemed to be at sea about why the functionality had been removed. I also did not get the feeling the he was particularly interested in communicating our frustration up the chain of command.

By Servant PC Resources on July 29, 2014
Andre, First, thank you for using Servant Keeper and for recommending it to others. I'm glad it has served you so well! We have indeed brought back desktop check scanning for V7. The decision was made based on emerging technology that replaced the basic scanners. One correction is that the TransModus feature you mention is billed a few cents per check, not several hundred dollars per month. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. The benefit of the Transmodus check scanner is that it accomplishes the remote deposit, and can scan up to 90 checks at a time. The other thing many churches requested is online giving that integrates with Servant Keeper, thus eliminating double entry. Not only do we offer that now, but we are able to provide that at a significantly less cost than the other online giving options. Donors can give by credit, debit, or check account, according to the church's preference. Please contact us if you would like to discuss further.
January 21, 2014
Faith S.
Secretary
January 11, 2017

“Best Church Software for the price!”

OverallWe are a small church (about 100 attendees) and recently purchased ServantKeeper as our first church management software. I'm pretty confident that this will also be our LAST church software because we bought the lifetime license and we love the program! I (the church secretary) have used several different database management systems in past jobs, so I knew I wanted church software with a detailed database, member groups, family connections, and ease of updating/sorting. ServantKeeper is all of those!
ProsWhen I add new people to the database, it automatically forms a family unit (with that person as the head), and it is so easy to add spouse/children directly from that family--which means I don't have to type the address/phone/anniversary/membership status multiple times. This is NOT the case with most other software I tested. Every person can be added to groups or Sunday School classes, have attendance and contributions tracked, and can even have skills or volunteer areas added to their profile. It's very customizable, so this should be helpful for any organization.
ConsThe only downside for us is the formatting of the reports. There are a lot of reports available (i.e. family profile, directory pages, attendance) and they are customizable, but you can't change the formatting (font size, layout, etc.). Obviously, this isn't a huge deal, because the reports are still helpful--that's just the one thing I would change.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you want one database for the life of your church, this is the one! A little more money up-front, but worth it! This product is customizable, easy to use (especially if you are already familiar with database systems), and can easily grow with your church.
January 11, 2017
Vicki R.
Financial Secretary
October 19, 2012

“Church record keeping at your finger tips”

OverallServant Keeper is a great asset to our church record keeping & daily needs of managing our congregation. The financial portion of the program is easy to use. You won't need an accountant to make entries & run a vast array of easy to read reports. Accountants will find the complete information they need as well. The membership manager can maintain a wealth of knowledge about members & visitors. Easy to add & maintain. Reports are simple & can be customized for your specific needs. Overall, the screens are easy to read, progress in logical fashion & allow even users with basic computer knowledge to be successful & not overwhelmed. More experiences users can customize, optimize & utilize the software is countless ways to suit their needs. Customer service is friendly, quick access for help & well trained. Our 3 year history with Servant Keeper has been positive & extremely beneficial to our church. I highly recommend this software for any size congregation.
ProsSimple to use. Entry screens are basic and easy to follow. Entry errors are easy to correct. Easy to add new people and catagories while making entries. Members like how detailed yet simple their giving statements are. Clear format for easy understanding. Multiple options are available for statements to customize to your needs for that moment. Reports are easy to read in ways that are simple for councils and chairpersons to review quickly and without additional training. History is quickly accessed and can be used to create an abundance of reports for budgets and church needs. Webinars are informative and helpful. Don't skip them if at all possible. They open new ways of using the software.
ConsPledges can only be tracked per person, not by family, on critical reports. There are ways to work around this by entering the spouse with a zero pledge, but doesn't not quite correct the whole problem there. Not enough con to outweigh all the positive pros though.
October 19, 2012
Sandra N.
Finance clerk
January 25, 2019

“My Servant Keeper Experience”

OverallAny problems that I may come up with, there is always the Help Desk that will work with me to help me solve my problems.
ProsI have been working with Servant Keeper for about 2 1/2 to 3 years. It has been a user friendly experience and the daily routine of data submission really helps to perform the end - of - year statements in an easy accessible manner. I have taken part in the online training for statement distribution and find it to be a very helpful tool. Also to mention that the Help Desk experience has been amazing with friendly and knowledgeable people with patience and courtesy.
ConsAs of now, there is nothing that I do not like about this software. The longer you work with it, the more you find that it is a fantastic aid in the tracking and maintaining of information for your church.
January 25, 2019
Janice F.
Executive Assistant to the Pastoral Staff
September 11, 2019

“My Experience with Servant Keeper Software”

OverallS very good which I would recommend to other churches.
ProsAs the Administrator for the church database, my experience with Servant Keeper has been very positive. I appreciate the expertise of the Help Desk staff who are friendly, considerate and always try their best to answer my questions. Occasionally, when I call with a complicated question, the the representative will suggest logging into my computer which I consider most helpful. I prefer calling instead of using the Chat feature.
ConsSometimes calls to the Help Desk representative are a little longer then I like. When creating reports, there are times when I wish I that I could finish the report in Servant Keeper instead of saving it into an Excel file to complete my project.
September 11, 2019
Vicki W.
Admin Asst
March 21, 2019

“Great program!”

OverallI used several different programs before I found Servant Keeper and none of them were as easy to use and contained the information the church needed like this one. Servant Keeper also allows me to customize it to fit my needs. The company is very good at taking suggestions for improvement and I often find the changes in new upgrades. The staff is wonderful to work with and readily solves problems. I recommend this program to every church secretary I meet. There is nothing else on the market that provides the needed information for my church. The price is fair and I highly recommend having their help desk contract. It is worth it.
ProsEase of use, adaptability for my needs, the reports available, ease of emailing contribution statements, tracking information, great customer service and help desk, and more.
ConsNot compatible with PayPal for online giving but that is a very minor thing.
March 21, 2019
Bob W.
Treasurer
June 11, 2015

“I enthusiastically and without qualification recommend SK 7.”

OverallAfter working with the demo a few weeks and after several phone calls to Sales Rep Bernadette Reynolds, we purchased a 3 seat Starter Bundle with SK Hosting 3 weeks ago. Later, we bought an additional set of manuals and ClipBook for SK. Total investment to date is about $1200 for our 200 family, 400 individual congregation. While less expensive choices are available, I think this is about the minimum setup and cost for a church our size. The Import Tool is a must for porting member data. I wish I had taken more time organizing member talents and interests as it's time consuming to add this info after import. There's no mechanism to change fields on a group of members by importing a batch file; it must be done manually inside SK. Help from the Menu Bar doesn't work if you're using the current version of Adobe AIR (17.0.0.172 but it does work with older versions). If SK is open and it loses focus or your computer goes to sleep for a while, SK thinks the internet connection has been lost. I've had to either shut down SK with Task Manager and/or reboot to get things back to normal. While I focus on getting everything set up, several others are working through the very useful online tutorials and videos. User Manuals are very, very good as is the Help Desk. While there are some idiosyncrasies and a few things I'd do differently, it's clear a great deal of thought has gone into the design of this software and how it will be used. While I found SK intuitive and easy to use (I worked in the CAE field for 40 years), it remains to be seen how easy our 'unsophisticated' users will adapt to it. It is a very powerful piece of software that should meet your needs whether you're a church of 20 or 2000 families.

By Servant PC Resources on June 11, 2015
Thanks for your review Bob! Please contact the HelpDesk so we can address the couple things you bring up. We can show you how to do global field changes for groups of people in Servant Keeper. You'll love how easy that is! There should not be a conflict with adobe air so we can make sure about that and we can also help prevent what your describing when your computer 'sleeps'.
June 11, 2015
Diana B.
Parish Administrator
August 30, 2019

“Easy and Effective”

OverallCustomized mailings to members are a breeze now. Ability to email contribution statements when requested is saving us a lot of postage expense. Updating email databases with third party providers is easy. Can't wait to introduce online member directory to our congregation, which will allow them to view their contribution statements at any time.
ProsEasily transitioned from paper-based member records to a cloud-based system. Automatically backs up data.
ConsThe very flexibility of the software can also make it a bit tricky to navigate when conducting out-of-the-ordinary or non-standard reporting and analyses. However, I've found the HelpDesk to be unfailingly helpful each time I've needed them.
August 30, 2019
Arthur C.
Financial Secretary
October 25, 2018

“PassWord Support”

OverallServant Keeper helps our church stay out of any kind of trouble. All the features are designed to help us keep pertinent records by consent, without trespassing upon anyone's privacy
ProsIt is very comprehensive and targets every aspect of church membership. It allows the church to keep accurate records of all members and their families within the program. Contributions and pledges are easily recorded, and one of the best features of the program is "it will not allow you to gloss over mistakes". This makes accounting, end of month, and yearend statements very easy to print at any time there is a need. Simply stated, it is an outstanding program for any organization that handles contributions.
ConsThe defaults are laid out in "Landscape" or Excel format. This is great for large organizations that collects all the information, and takes much time to format the way I like my reports to print.

By Servant PC Resources on October 30, 2018
Hello Arthur! thanks for using and recommending Servant Keeper! It's a joy to serve your ministry. Regarding the report format, you can customize the reports to be landscape or portrait. Give us a call if you don't see where to switch that. Thanks again! - the Servant Keeper Team
October 25, 2018
Lara K.
August 1, 2018

“I use Servant Keeper 7 on a weekly basis or more”

ProsI do use a later version (7) but am considering upgrading to 8. I like the ease of printing all types of reports, and the end of year info for tax purposes.
ConsA very awkward and dated "Help" section--hopefully solved in version 8. ALso having to re-enter your ID and password to switch between Admin, Contribution and Membership manger during the same session is a bit annoying.

By Servant PC Resources on August 10, 2018
Hi Lara, thanks for recommending Servant Keeper. :) Just want to let you know that we have revamped the online help center for V8. I also want to make sure you know that you do not have to log out and log back in to go to different parts of the program. Just cllck "switch to" on the bottom right of your screen and you can jump to whatever part of the program for which your user ID has security access. Thank you for using Servant Keeper! - the Servant Keeper Team
August 1, 2018
Terrell R.
Lead Pastor
July 12, 2017

“We have used SK for more than 20 years. Wouldn't be without it.”

OverallIt serves the needs of our church for a data base and contributions system.
ProsIt is so user friendly and has many functions. I like the fact that it has a module for the data base and another for contributions.
ConsMy only complaint is the pricing arrangement for the Cloud version. I would request a mid-range price for customers who need more than 3 users but less than 10.

By Servant PC Resources on July 12, 2017
thank you Terrell for using Servant Keeper for so long and for your review! Thanks also for your feedback on cloud pricing. Actually for version 8 you get 30 users with level two. level 1 works out to about $10/user. A theoretical 5 user plan would be $50 but we decided to give customers an extra 25 users because it's best if they can give volunteers and teachers their own login. I hope that explains our logic. thanks again! - the Servant Keeper Team
July 12, 2017
Kenny M.
CIS Manager
January 7, 2019

“Great church software management from ServantKeeper. Great customer service.”

OverallWe have been customers since 2001 +/-... maybe even the 90s. We use v8 and like the Cloud. We use original online giving and the Lobby Kiosk, the phone App and we plan to start using the Mail Chimp plug-in this year.
ProsCustomer service is wonderful. We love ServatKeeper 8 - cloud based. List management for groups and mailings.
ConsWe are an open church and we have had issues (that we have created work-arounds for) managing couples/families who do not have the same last name. It may be a couple who married and one of them did not change their name, a spouse who did hyphenate their name and one who did not or a same-sex marriage where it may be he/he or she/she. Some even have adopted children who kept their birth name.
January 7, 2019
Kathryn T.
Business Administrator
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
May 8, 2019

“Go for the Level 3 Bundle as the unlimited Help Desk is well worth it. ”

OverallStill haven't completely enabled all aspects of the program. I had to change accounting programs at the same time we jumped into this program. What a huge difference in how much time it takes. With the white glove conversion I was able to have the attendance and contributions up and running in a few days. It will take a bit longer to get all the capabilities up and running only because I'm still working on the accounting program conversion.
ProsThe White Glove transition worked well. You do have to conform your categories, but the team helps you identify what is needed. The attendance and contributions went in smoothly once everything matched up. We were able to bring over from Logos the attendance and contributions of our database from 2012 forward. Utilize the training videos they are very helpful. The help desk team will walk you through whatever you are having trouble with also. This software has so many parts that can be useful for a large or growing church.
ConsSome areas are very intuitive to work with, but the report area was not. Don't waste time trying to figure it out on your own. Use the training and the help desk! You may have to wait on hold for a member of the Help Desk Team, however it is worth the wait. They walk you through whatever you are having trouble with. It becomes clear how it works and why it works that way. Now it feels intuitive.
May 8, 2019
Education Management, 11-50 employees
January 3, 2019

“customizable and works”

ProsUsed this for years. Used for class lists for the children at the church. Tracked the different adult studies that the adult members attended. Able to separate the financial information from the non-financial so not all of the staff had access to the financial records (I didn't, for example). Had good experience with the support team when questions or issues arose.
ConsNot a problem with the software. Make sure that backups are made. It has tools that allow you to change data for large groups of people, which can be very helpful. Sometimes changes needed to be undone, especially when volunteers were given access to the database. :(
January 3, 2019
Dr. D. Robert C.
Senior Minister
January 27, 2017

“Great program, great support, no problems”

OverallWe took a long time to make the decision to purchase Servant Keeper. We already have another church software program but Servant Keeper is much easier to use and gives us what we want.
ProsEasy to use. Works as advertised. Good customer support.
ConsWish it had a module for Accounting. Quick Books isn't really designed for churches although that is what we use. Wish the "Directory" portion of the Membership Module had more flexibility with regard to font size and the number of names on a page.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat program, highly recommend it.

By Servant PC Resources on February 7, 2017
Dr. Robert, Thank you for your kind review of Servant Keeper. We are so glad it is a blessing to your ministry. In regards to 'built in' accounting, at this time our surveys show that about 80-85% of churches are using Quickbooks at their accountant's request so we have felt that letting churches stay with their accounting program of choice is the best option. Thanks again for using Servant Keeper! The Servant Keeper Team
January 27, 2017
Alan M.
July 25, 2019

“Servant Keeper...it's a keeper!”

ProsI really like the ability of Servant Keeper to have a vast amount of information available at my fingertips. From entering information about our congregants, to entering contribution data...it's all there for me. I love the ability to create and distribute contribution statements of donor giving. Servant Keeper makes it quite simple and easy to do from start to finish!
ConsHonestly, there's not really much of anything that I don't like about Servant Keeper. It fulfills our needs for what we do, and our users are happy. The cost is expensive...but in the overall scheme of things....we get what we pay for!
Pastor Marc U.
Senior Pastor
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
May 1, 2018

“Easy to use. Always great helpdesk personnel. Always friendly and never much of a wait.”

OverallChurch computer, pastor's computer and pastor's cell all connected in real time with cloud.
ProsEasy to use. The cloud service puts the whole church database on my home computer as well as my cell phone. Wonderful and easy access! I can contact anyone on the fly.
ConsI can see no negatives to purchasing and using this software. This is the second church I have pastored in which I have purchased and implemented this product. My secretary can be inputting one thing and I another. Yet, due to cloud, we both get real time updates. Easy!

By Servant PC Resources on May 7, 2018
Hi Pastor Mar, thank you so much for this kind review and recommendation. It's a pleasure to serve you once again at another ministry. I'm so glad you are benefiting from the cloud features and having your data anywhere you are. - thanks again for using Servant Keeper!- the Servant Keeper Team
May 1, 2018
Brook T.
January 30, 2017

“Feels dated”

OverallThis software does everything I need it to, but is far from intuitive, and is very slow. It feels like software from the early 90's, even though we upgraded to the newest version on the cloud. I actually dread looking up addresses, because it feels like it takes a long time. Additionally, setting up reports feels like wading through a swamp of choices, instead of it being more user friendly and intuitive. If we hadn't recently updated to the cloud version, in hopes of it not feeling like an old DOS program, I think I would have chosen a different software. That said, the customer service it outstanding. The cost is reasonable. The number of features offered is more than we'll ever use.
ProsLot's of features. Great customer service.
ConsFeels dated & slow. User experience is clunky and not intuitive.
Recommendations to other buyersno

By Servant PC Resources on February 7, 2017
HI Brook, thanks for taking the time to review Servant Keeper. Please contact our HelpDesk if you are having issues with speed and we can see if it is related to your internet there. It is very rare for us to get a complaint about speed. We certainly want to make sure you are getting the most out of the system. There sure are a lot of options when you print reports because so many churches vary in what they want to include on any given report or directory. Hopefully having the options is a positive thing in the end. :) Thanks for using SK! The Servant Keeper Team
January 30, 2017
Bonnie R.
Sr. Minister
August 22, 2019

“Great Experience”

OverallOur experience has been excellent. It has made a lot of tasks simpler. It's super easy to get our hands on data when we need it.
ProsWe like a lot about this product. It has helped us streamline office processes and avoid redundancies. The report features are excellent. We like the Secure Check-in for our youth. The integrations with Vanco, Quick-books, and background checks are also great. The BEST part is the help desk. They are friendly and knowledgeable.
ConsOccasionally a process doesn't seem completely intuitive, but that might just be me.
August 22, 2019
Jeanne M.
Bookkeeper
February 15, 2018

“Quick satisfaction, extremely knowledgeable, so patient and courteous. ”

OverallThere are so many reports and options, and some of our staff (myself included) sometimes cannot see the forest for the trees. We try to make a task or getting a report harder than it has to be. A call to the help desk and we quickly get an answer.
ProsThe ease of use! The presentation of the information. The huge array of reports and reporting options available. The integration with email is fabulous. The merge feature is so easy. Love how you can perform a quick sort on so many of the reports--the information is always right on hand with just a few keystrokes! Our clergy cannot say enough good things about the mobile app--they use it practically daily. Everyone in the office loves using this program!

By Servant PC Resources on February 16, 2018
Hi Jeanne! It's a joy to serve your ministry and we are so thrilled to see your review! So glad to hear how you are using Servant Keeper and that the mobile apps are being used by your clergy. Thanks for taking time to post a review! - the Servant Keeper Team
February 15, 2018
Lori Lynn L.
November 20, 2017

“Always great support. I recommend to other churches when they ask.”

OverallQuick ways to create reports. I like the opening screen of birthday, anniversaries, etc. It's great to be able give a member a quick call and give them a greeting. People appreciate the thought and it's so easy because the program gives me the info in one quick screen shot.
ProsUser friendly!!!! And if I get in a bind I call support. They are always quick to help me figure out what is wrong. Usually it's the space between the chair and the keyboard (lol).

By Servant PC Resources on November 21, 2017
HI Lori! Thanks for using Servant Keeper and for posting a nice review. It's a joy to serve you. I love the reminder tool also, it keeps people from "falling through the cracks" as we like to say! :) - the Servant Keeper Team
November 20, 2017
Rhonda F.
Administrator
November 16, 2017

“It has helped me tremendously”

ProsEasy to use and I don't worry about losing my data. The help desk and representatives are great and walked me through every part of the download and install. All of my information is in one program and I can generate reports individually or in groups. It is also great for making phone books with individual information for our leadership teams. There are more things I like about this program and plan to learn much more as I go.
ConsThe only thing that frustrated me with the program was in the older version if I left the computer with program up and running after about five to ten minutes the program would freeze and I would have to exit out of the program completely and restart it.

By Servant PC Resources on November 17, 2017
Hi Rhonda, thanks for using Servant Keeper! It's an honor so serve your ministry and we're so glad it is a help to you. I'm glad you like the printed directories, and don't forget to take advantage of the free online directory that comes with your subscription! - the Servant Keeper Team
November 16, 2017
Joan G.
Church Secretary
June 21, 2019

“Amazing”

OverallFrom Sales to customer support they are professional and yet you feel they understand and are a friend. They are always calm and very knowledgeable.
ProsWith the upgrade, it is easier to read. Better quality in the visual and easy in moving from window to window. All aspects an be utilized in all parts of running and supporting our church an the congregation.
Conssometimes when we do the directory and making it look perfect we have to make it work.
June 21, 2019
Marie F.
Administrative Assistant
March 5, 2018

“I love Servant Keeper Church Software. We use it in our church office for contributions we receive.”

ProsI really, really love how easy Servant Keeper is to learn and use. It makes my work much easier than it was before we started using it.
ConsWhat I like least about Servant Keeper is how it times out when you have to switch to another program or app to check something.

By Servant PC Resources on March 6, 2018
Hi Marie, we're so glad you love Servant Keeper and it's a joy to serve your ministry! I'm happy you find it easy to learn and that it's making your job easier. For security purposes your session will time out after a period of inactivity, so that's why you are noticing that. - thanks for the 5 star review! - the Servant Keeper Team
March 5, 2018
Jessie Y.
March 2, 2018

“Our church has used Servant Keeper for years to track family/individual data and contributions. ”

OverallIt helps us organize our member's information.
ProsThe reports feature is really helpful allowing you to customize data for mailings, stats for the church staff, and lots more.
ConsThe upgrades sometimes cause issues if all computers are not updated simultaneously - allowing only one user access at a time until all users update.

By Servant PC Resources on March 7, 2018
Hi Jessie, thanks for using Servant Keeper. I'm glad you like the reporting, we are always adding new reports and now, with the online report center, you can even download reports made by other Servant Keeper users. Thanks for recommending us! - the Servant Keeper Team
March 2, 2018
Terri H.
Ministry Assistant
November 6, 2017

“What a blessing Servant Keeper is!”

OverallInformation at our fingertips in order to perform our roles as ministry assistant in an efficient and timely manner for our pastors and church.
ProsIt's reliability is what I like most. It has been such a faithful program. Little to no errors, crashes, etc.
ConsJust little preferences that are different for every church is what I like the least. No big dislikes!

By Servant PC Resources on November 7, 2017
Hi Terri, it is so kind of you to post a review of Servant Keeper. It's a complete joy to serve your ministry and we're so glad that you have found Servant Keeper to be a reliable way to manage your ministry for so many years! - the Servant Keeper Team
November 6, 2017
Robby R.
Communications Director
August 9, 2017

“Very customizable! Flexible enough to meet needs of churches large and small”

OverallSuper ability to organize.
Prosuser-defined fields, integration with other software like QB and payment systems like Vanco. Also like the increasing "ecosystem" like secure child check-in and cloud-based data
ConsNo app! I would love a directory app for phones (ie: Instant Church directory) Also, I would love to be able to export the notes fields in to a csv file like the older versions of SK

By Servant PC Resources on August 11, 2017
Thank you Robby for taking the time to complete a review. YES there is an app and an instant online church directory that connects to your database. Call us so we can help you turn that on! thanks - Servant Keeper Team
August 9, 2017
Stephanie A.
Children's Pastor
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
December 6, 2016

“Excellent Database”

OverallI use this software on a daily basis. I am able to find a single person or email an entire subgroup fairly quickly. I do wish it didn't take so many clicks to get get the information I'm looking for, and I wish that I had more search options like being able to search by the first name, etc.
ProsA database is a very helpful tool in a church.
ConsNot terribly user-friendly

By Servant PC Resources on December 20, 2016
Hi Stephanie, Thanks for using Servant Keeper! I want to make sure you know that you can search by any field even your custom fields! Please give us a call at 800-773-7570 so we can make sure you know how to do that, and also the fastest way to get to the information you're looking for. Servant Keeper Team
December 6, 2016
August 21, 2019

“Servant Keeper”

OverallIt is a place to keep track of people in our congregation mostly. I love that I can look up birthdays, anniversaries and print a report with the touch of a button or two.
ProsServant Keeper is a very user friendly data base for churches that has a hub for finances as well. I can keep track of attendance, giving, and personal information all in one place. It will print reports, envelopes and directories with ease.
ConsSometimes it is difficult to figure out reporting and merging with other things like word, envelopes, etc.
August 21, 2019
Joe S.
Executive Pastor
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
February 8, 2019

“Avoid at all cost”

OverallOur ministry was using SK for some time before I was brought on as the Executive Pastor. After evaluating the system, I noticed our ministry was only using a very small portion of the program because the features were not user friendly. We also were wanting to do mobile check in for your children's ministry by using iPads and wireless printers. SK is not mobile friendly. They are such an out of date and unfriendly user system that it's not worth investing in. When we made the switch to another program, SK did not want to give me all of our data we had. They only released a small portion and said it was all the data. I ended up having to purchase the church's data from SK! Not kidding. Even though I paid hundreds of dollars for our data, they still dragged their feet in getting the data to me. Even as I am writing this review, I have not received our data and it's been days since I've paid for it.
ProsNothing. It's not user friendly. It's not mobile friendly, meaning you can not use iPads or mobile devices to check in your children for children's ministry. When you attempt to leave SK's services, you have to buy back your own data and they drag their feet in releasing it to you.
ConsI noticed the features were not user friendly. We also were wanting to do mobile check in for your children's ministry by using iPads and wireless printers. SK is not mobile friendly. We had the newest version, SK8 at the time of this review, And it is such an out dated and unfriendly user system that it's not worth investing in.
February 8, 2019
Mark J.
Treasurer
January 11, 2019

“Bethlehem Baptist Church of Sarasota”

OverallOverall I do like the software. It's head and shoulder above what we were using when I first became treasurer 15 years ago.
ProsEase of use and how you continue add enhancements that improve the leadership's interactions with church members. Your partnership with Vanco Serves has been a God send for our church. We are able to quickly download and post online giving contributions, whereas before this task was time consuming and tedious.
ConsWe have not received and updated user manual since we purchased Servant Keeper 6. If it were view-able online it would be helpful. There are still issues with some features that require integration with other vendor applications. Many of them could be solved through immediate updates of an online maual and auto notification to you subscribers. Thank God for support staff like CSR who are able to resolve issues quickly.
January 11, 2019
YOLANDA A.
Ministry Coordinator
November 10, 2017

“Professional, knowledgeable help”

ProsEasy to use, good technical help, price is great, easy to learn. Not too long of a wait time to get help
ConsSearching for individuals/families sometimes difficult if the last names are not the same. I work later that 6pm and would love to have helpdesk available after 6.

By Servant PC Resources on November 14, 2017
Hi Yolanda, thank you for using Servant Keeper! A quick tip, you can search by any portion of first or last name when doing a name search. You can also use the cross referencing feature in your directories to help find family members with a different last name. Thanks! - the Servant Keeper Team
November 10, 2017
Darlene M.
November 1, 2017

“Needed help with a query”

OverallEase of access to information. Making own directories, labels and reports.
ProsEverything! Its very comprehensive. Easy to use. Works well with outside programs (Word, Excel, etc.) Highly recommended for any size church.
ConsQueries! Because of the extensive amount of data available to search, you sometimes need help sifting thru to ask the database the right questions.

By Servant PC Resources on November 6, 2017
HI Darlene, we're glad we could help you build the group you wanted! It's a joy to serve your ministry, thanks for taking the time to share your review with others! - the Servant Keeper Team
November 1, 2017
Becky B.
Administrative Assistance
September 6, 2017

“Joe was most helpful and understanding of my computer illiteracy!!”

ProsEverything seems to be fine except the Sunday School rosters. We haven't implemented a lot of the features yet but look forward to what we'll be able to do.
ConsWe use monthly Sunday School rosters. The monthly rosters in SK8 are for 6 weeks instead of just the desired month.

By Servant PC Resources on September 11, 2017
Hi Becky, thanks so much for giving Servant Keeper a 5 star rating, it's an honor so serve your ministry. Just a quick note, all the reports and rosters can be completely customized so if you want to make it four weeks only you can do that. Call us if you need help with that. Thanks again! - the Servant Keeper Team
September 6, 2017
Karen H.
Admin Assistant
August 30, 2017

“Servant Keeper features are helpful and easy to us. ”

Prosquick and easy, lots of helpful features
ConsBuilding a filter takes a little time to figure out. The guidebook and online support are very helpful in figuring that out. Help Desk costs seem a little high to us.

By Servant PC Resources on September 11, 2017
Hi Karen, Thanks for giving Servant Keeper FIVE STARS! We're glad you find the program easy and helpful to your ministry. We have recently reduced the cost of most of our support plans. Unlike most companies, we do not outsource our support staff. We're confident the level of support is far superior as a result. thanks again for taking the time to post a review! - the Servant Keeper Team
August 30, 2017
Donna M J.
Financial Secretary, volunteer
October 8, 2010

“One Data Base Matters”

OverallI have found the customer support personnel very knowledgeable & helpful. I highly recommendation this church software.
ProsWe used version 5 far too long & were only using the Contributions module on a single PC when I assumed the position in August 2008. We then upgraded to version 6 & also purchased the Remote module for me at home & I began to learn the Membership module to train our office secretary at church on the Host. It made the task of pledges & contributions very simple. It takes no time at all. I can print (to hand out) or email quarterly giving statements based on the members' choice. The secretary has learned the Membership module & has printed our first membership directory this summer with Blue Squirrel. The best feature for us is the ability to keep everyone in one database without using spreadsheets or lists for mailings, directories, prayer chains, etc. Previously the Contributions records were updated independently of the Membership Records, which was double work & cause for errors. The profile pages have plenty of data fields for flexibility.
ConsThe church & I use Mac computers so a used PC was donated for the office & I'm using an old PC at home for Remote access. Although we are using attendance for worship services we have not utilized many of the features yet such as Events. We have not done a picture directory either. The Pastor has not used it although I set up a user ID for him, when desired.
October 8, 2010
Shelly W.
July 9, 2019

“Office Administrator”

OverallI am just really learning about Servant Keeper. I went to the training and it makes more sense then when I started. I'm not afraid to experiment with it, and the people at the help desk are always so helpful in teaching me other things that I've not yet experienced until speaking with them.
ProsLearning how to create group lists. Still learning about the mailings through SK, but I am learning.
ConsI haven't discovered what I like least with this software. Sometimes I guess I feel that it's not user friendly, but that's only because I'm still learning. I haven't mastered it just yet.
July 9, 2019