DonorPerfect Fundraising Software Ratings

Overall

About DonorPerfect Fundraising Software

DonorPerfect is the most comprehensive solution in fundraising, with everything nonprofits need to grow. It helps your team manage donations, contacts, receipting, reporting, email and fundraising initiatives from a single system. With automatic monthly giving, integrated online donation forms, dashboard reporting, Constant Contact email, auction management tools, and a network of integrated partner solutions, DonorPerfect offers pricing packages to meet any size organization and any budget. Learn more about DonorPerfect Fundraising Software

September 10, 2019

“Great option for small non profits that want it all!”

OverallOverall, I highly recommend Donor Perfect. It's a great system if you want a robust CRM with fundraising capabilities. I thas a lot of the same functionality you would see in larger systems like Razor's Edge, but for a significantly more affordable price point. As someone who helped implement the system, uses it daily as an administrator and user, this is a great system. We have previously used Sage Fundraising 50 and Abila Elevate, so this is a huge step up for us without breaking the bank.
ProsDonor Perfect has a lot of pros! It's a cloud-based platform so you can access it anywhere, even from your mobile device. There are a lot of add on features available, including ReadySetAuction and Constant Contact so that you can manage events and communications within one system. You have the ability to set up your own giving pages for various events, scholarships, or specific giving appeals (such as Giving Tuesday, Give Big Day, etc.) The reporting feature is extremely robust and can give you pretty much anything you want if you know how to ask for it. Another great feature is data import... if you have monthly payroll donors that may change one or two additions/drop-offs a month but need to regularly import large amounts of data with simply a check number and date change difference from the last import, you can do it all in less than 30 seconds after the initial document is set up. Overall, what I like most about this system is that it's affordable and offers all the bells and whistles that you get with the more expensive softwares, but for significantly less.
ConsThe system can be overwhelming for new users, especially if you don't have the paid support feature or the time to dig through their help pages. There are a lot of add on features, but they all come with a price. It can be pretty expensive for small nonprofits that only have a handful of employees or one or two people that are using the system. Reporting can be complicated and difficult even for experienced users. Events management is extremely difficult and complicated, and lacking a lot of features. We do not use it for events management as a result.

By SofterWare on September 19, 2019
Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear that you would recommend the system. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
September 10, 2019
Sue T.
Grants and Community Development Director
July 19, 2019

“Support is Donor Perfect's Hidden Gem”

OverallIts been terrific to have all our constituents' contact information in one place, no matter how they became connected with AutismUp. I used to spend days collecting info from various people and files in order to build a mailing list. Now it takes less than 10 minutes to export a mailing list. And its already de-duped because I've used the Duplication Removal feature in Donor Perfect. Having the ability to find (report on) lapsed donors, compare fundraising results from year to year for annual events, and create flags and fields to make any kind of grouping we want is critical, but very difficult and error prone with excel spreadsheets - they way we used to do it. Donor Perfect makes it easy!
ProsTech Support is fantastic! Always friendly, helpful, knowledgable. They encourage you to call with any questions, not just problems. The training videos, knowledgebase articles and online community are great for learning, but when you need an answer fast, or can't find the right search term for the knowledgebase, Support will help you learn how to accomplish what you want to do. You can reach them via phone, chat, or email.
ConsWe would love to be able to use DonorPerfect for tasks beyond donor management - for all of our program and event registrations and payments, but need more flexibility in online forms to make that practical.

By SofterWare on August 2, 2019
Sue, Thank you for the great review. I couldn't agree with you more than the Technical Support team is Fantastic. They are always happy to help. Please reach out to the Client Relations Team for questions about other features and add ons for the system. The CRS team can be reached at (800) 200-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
July 19, 2019
Kelly H.
May 6, 2019

“The perfect software for us”

OverallYour software provides great insight on donor activity. The reporting makes it easier for me to share with the board our fundraising successes and even areas where we need to focus more efforts.
ProsDonorPerfect provides for all your donor management needs, at a good a price. I have purchased this software for several of the organizations I have worked for and recommended it to many others I have consulted with over the years. It's easy to use and the company has always been open for client input to help better the product.
ConsThe only concern that I have ... and this is more about me than DonorPerfect .. is that I need to take more tutorials on running some of the more sophisticated reporting options. I can have 99% of my needs met with the standardized reports but every so often I need something a bit more custom. You have great tutorials, I just haven't found the time to go through them ... yet!

By SofterWare on May 7, 2019
Kelly, Thank you for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to read that it is the perfect software for your organization. I love that you continue to recommend DonorPerfect. Its an honor to have such loyal customers like you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
May 6, 2019
Janette W.
Admin. Assistant / Donor Recipting
March 26, 2019

“Great program for donor receipting”

OverallI really like the support for this software. They are very responsive when you have a problem and they have a lot of information online so you can look up your own answers and when you want to "dive in" really deep in understanding the program. If you just need to look up how to export information, you can look that up online and follow step by step. You can also customize your export of information so if you only want a name and address, you can get it in the form you want (either in excel or word). You can also add any field to that export that you desire.
ProsI like that I can add fields on the fly and be able to report on those fields. This is great for tracking anything you want to track with your donors. I love that I can have a multitude of thank you letters ready to merge at the same time. I've worked in software that only allowed a few letters. This way, a thank you letter with receipt at the bottom to a specific campaign can come out in the same batch as a regular thank you letter with receipt. We have total control over the look and feel of our receipt letters. I like that I can use a batch system so I can reconcile with our accountant but you can also enter gifts directly in a person's record if you don't need to track that way. I really love that I can add items to my batch file, like a consent sent in with a gift that we can publish their name. I can also have my batch file come out the way that is most helpful for our organization, and each organization can individualize it as well.
ConsThe first time through running year-end summaries for our donors took a bit of a learning curve to set it up the way we wanted it to display but support was very helpful when I "got stuck". In the few years I've been working in the program, that process has improved.

By SofterWare on April 19, 2019
Janette, I love to read that you are taking advantage of so many of the features offered in the system. Receipting Donors quickly is important to keep your Donors loyalty and DonorPerfect has perfected the process! Like you mentioned. a multitude of thank you letters can be created and ready to merge at the same time. Thank you for the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
March 26, 2019

“Donor Perfect Review”

OverallI don't think we did a great job of tracking donor retention rates or lapsed donors before. Now with DP we are easily able to run the reports and be more proactive with those individuals.
ProsI like that it is incredibly user friendly and easy to learn. It's incredibly helpful when volunteers are helping or new people come on board. I also love the ease of pulling reports. They have so many prebuilt reports to chose from by I can also quickly and easily create my own and even better I can edit it if I don't get it right the first time. I'm constantly learning new tricks and tools as I gain confidence with the system and as our needs change as an organization. We've had the system for a little over two years and last year I didn't know I could easily generate different data and charts for our Annual Report, learning that made life so much easier. I also have to rave about the support team because so often I feel like I am calling with a basic or dumb question but they are always nice, walk me through it and then send a follow up email with the instructions in case I forget. They are so kind and patient!
ConsIt's never that I don't like the system but more than I have to learn how to get it to do what I need. My brain thinks it should work one way but they have the system programmed to operate another. It's more just spending time in the system and learning all the different ways it works and can work for you. One thing that drives me out is when it logs me out. If I've been out of the program for a little bit I can understand, it's frustrating but I do understand. What I don't understand is when I'll literally be in the middle of entering a gift or something and it will log me out, forcing me to start over. Not the worst thing in the world but still vexing at times. I also wish that the Company Name & the individuals Last Name didn't pull from the same data point so it was a little easier to run mail lists but I've found workarounds in excel once the report is pulled.

By SofterWare on April 9, 2019
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to read you are enjoying using the system and all the different ways it has benefited your organization. The support team is always happy to help and I am glad to read about your wonderful experience when speaking the support team. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
Michelle C.
Chief Executive Assistant

“Awesome Support Staff”

OverallThere are several features that are very useful to our organization but I would say that one of the most helpful is the ability to compare giving levels over a multi-year period. Another feature that we used for the first time last year was the Event Manager feature to track expenses, income, attendees and overall profit for our annual fundraising gala. That made reporting a breeze. In the past we tracked this information through a spreadsheet with quite complicated formulae. With DP Event Manager all we had do was plug in the information.
ProsOur organization has been using DonorPerfect for about 15 years. It is generally user-friendly and serves our needs well. We converted from the desktop model to the online model about three years ago and had a very good experience with the conversion. We have the Premium level of support and the staff are always knowledgeable and have, without exception, been able to help me with any problem I have encountered.
ConsOne issue I have with this software is when I need to send a notification to a recipient for a donation made in memory/honor of them or a loved one. At the present time, there is not the ability to create an instant merge. The process to create the notification is cumbersome and the steps are not easy to remember for staff members.

By SofterWare on March 13, 2019
Michelle, Thank you for the Awesome Review. Our Support Staff is knowledgeable and happy to help! I am glad to read how Events Management has made keeping track of data and reporting on your event easy. Many features you see in DonorPerfect come from Suggest and Vote. I would be happy to speak to you about your suggestion for notifications. I can be reached at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
Amy W.
Associate Director of Development
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
December 3, 2018

“Look no further than DonorPerfect!”

OverallOverall, I can't imagine another fundraising software being any better than DonorPerfect. The donor records management and reporting functions are very user-friendly and the logical manner by which they are organized and laid out on the website are big time-savers. DonorPerfect is a huge asset to our development team!
ProsDonorPerfect is perfect for all my organization's software and database needs relating to fundraising. My absolute favorite thing about DonorPerfect is the excellent customer service I receive each and every time I reach out. I am sometimes asked to provide data that I'm not sure how to obtain in a time-effective manner. It literally takes a quick phone call or even an online chat session with a DonorPerfect rep for me to find a report that will work to get me the information I need. I am always amazed at how well the DonorPerfect customer service folks know the software, and the ease at which they are able to share its capabilities. I have never had to wait for a solution or an answer to my questions. That is so valuable for me, someone whose greatest challenge is not having enough hours in the day! One of the other pros at the top of my list is the user-friendly interface of DonorPerfect. If you have even a little computer knowledge and experience, DonorPerfect is very easy to use. Everything is laid out and organized in a logical manner, which saves the time and frustration of not being able to find a simple function.
ConsI can honestly say I have not had any negative experiences with DonorPerfect. There are tiny things such as the scope of searching records that I might like to see changed, but at the end of the day, they're not really consequential. (Example: If an individual record is entered as John H. Smith, but I search for that record with the terms "John Smith", the record I'm looking for may not pop up. Broadening the search to "Smith" however, would allow me to find the record.)

By SofterWare on December 6, 2018
Amy, I am thrilled to read about the value you are finding in using DonorPerfect! You made my day with the title of the review : Look no further than DonorPerfect!. I am delighted to hear you think the system is user friendly, and agree that our Support Team is outstanding! Thank you for the amazing review. Regards, Ellen Molon,Client Relations Specialist
December 3, 2018
Kristina H.
July 19, 2018

“Perfect for small organizations with few staff and minimal amount of active donors.”

OverallI have set up a number of non-profits with Donor Perfect. It is a great program for non-profits, particularly those with minimal funds, small staff, and new fundraisers. I have worked with organizations that fit every part of the spectrum. My current organization benefits from the data that I am able to retrieve about individuals, gifts, history... There are so many advantages to building relationships but also the ability to have data and notes that is easily retrieved and instrumental in the smooth transition of development staff attrition.
ProsThe cost is the most attractive part of Donor Perfect. For small organizations needing a database to get prospects and current donor information in one place for importing and exporting, this program is ideal. Having something inexpensive and yet widely used in our community of nonprofits, had definite advantages. There are many features of large software organizations that makes it a great deal and the add-ons are reasonable once your organization is able to take the next step.
ConsTroubleshooting seems to be a challenge at times. Some areas you can "hover" over and figure out what the feature is or data that is expected to go in or how to use it - but it is not always clear. Unfortunately, nonprofit database information is not unique and from one software to the next, there is a learning curve for where you put what.

By SofterWare on July 27, 2018
Thank you Kristina for taking the time to review DonorPerfect. The system is designed to be flexible for non profits of all size and can be customized to an organization's needs. As you mentioned, there is a learning curve when using a new system, we have you covered with a phenomenal support department, webinars, and training department. I am glad to hear you are finding the advanced reporting system and notes section in the donors records instrumental to your organization's success. Fundraising is all about relationships and DonorPerfect is a major component in helping organizations reach their fundraising goals. There is a Community Site meant to connect users near and far. DonorPerfect was in the NTEN Report for offering top-rated features and functionality at the lowest price.
July 19, 2018
Melody S.
Receptionist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
December 15, 2017

“Great support and training and a few glitches.”

OverallOverall, this system has worked very well and I look forward to learning more about how I can better use its functions and capabilities. I can't comment much on the financial side of things because I mostly enter data and run spreadsheets for mail merging for mailings.
ProsCustomer Support and Training has been the most awesome feature of using DonorPerfect for me. I have learned a lot from the webinars available and whenever I call support for a certain problem, the staff are always very knowledgeable, professional and patient.
ConsDonorPerfect has some features that I find cumbersome or just don't work well. (or maybe it's user ignorance!) The system is set up to have a "man and wife record" but if you have a man and a wife that have different roles (flags) and different cell phone numbers etc... you have to lump the info together in the record. You can make two separate records, but then when doing mailings, you will get duplicate mailings to one household. We also have the same problem with having an organization record, for e.g. ABC Corp. with Bob Smith as contact and then an individual record for Bob Smith. This is because sometimes ABC Corp donates and sometimes Bob Smith will donate as an individual by playing golf or running a 5K or contributing personally to the Annual Appeal. But again we don't want two mailings to go to Bob Smith. I also have a problem when receipting donations that after I generate the receipts and go back to where you update the batch, "All transactions" button has been defaulted to, even though I have chosen "user transactions". If I don't remember to go check that, I end up updating all the transactions instead of just my own. I also have wondered about making the filter building less cumbersome by having a way to build filters using more than two variables at a time. For a complicated filter you have to do several compound filters to get what you want.
December 15, 2017
David F.
Managing Partner
1-10 employees
November 8, 2017

“A Robust System for the full-time nonprofit”

OverallDonor Perfect is on par with some of the top CRM programs for the nonprofit at a price point that is affordable. The training modules online are great resources and their support is top notch. I have implemented DP from the bottom up and the process was seamless and helped us create a great cultivation program. This is a system that requires maintenance and good input practices. I would place this at the advanced/intermediate level and recommend it for a NPO with a full-time development staff. If you are looking for a robust, trustworthy and scalable system this is it but be prepared to dig in deep to the training modules and in the end your fundraising programs will benefit.
ProsDonor Perfect is one of the mainstays in nonprofit donor/constituent management and there is a reason for their longevity. This is a robust system that is more complex than some of the newer entries into the market that tout cloud, ease of use and a free website builder. I have always thought that the gimmicky add ons is kind of like a realtor staging a home and putting potted plants on warped areas of the floor so you can't see them. With Donor Perfect, no frills just serious computing and data mining power. Standing out is their quest to stay relevant and they are continuously updating their software with the latest proven trends in the CRM space and have done a wonderful job with their updates. You can manage the full life cycle of a donor using this one system, create web forms for online donation gathering, mobile fundraising capabilities and full integration with QBO and other financial programs.Their support is outstanding and very responsive and they also offer free one and one training as part of the support package. I actually had a staff workshop day for training and they had a trainer come on a web conference and she trained our staff. It was amazing.
ConsThe system is a true CRM style system and there is a learning curve so be prepared to get the training you need to be able to train staff. It is worth the investment and will benefit your revenue goals to use the system fully. One area that always was a point of initial frustration was report generation. It took me a while to fully grasp the reporting.
November 8, 2017
Cecil B.
Treasurer
June 5, 2013

“DPO Has Made Tracking and Contacting Donors Much Easier”

OverallPAALS is a small non-profit (around 200K in annual revenue and less than five employees). We have found DPO to be a very large help in managing our charity by allowing us to track all of our pertinenent information in one place that is accessible anywhere. The information in DPO used to be on several dozen spreadsheets or in QuickBooks. Duplication of data was everywhere (particularly email addresses) and no one really knew which was correct. Simply eliminating all the duplicates and multiple lists has saved us quite a bit of time and money. I have used Softerware's telephone, email and online chat support. In all cases the support personnel were knowledgeable and helped resolve my problem or answer my questions -- usually in minutes I would highly recommend DPO for any non-profit that wants to grow their donor base and/or who wants to get their data organized.
ProsDPO is in the "cloud" which means PAALS volunteers and staff can work with it wherever they using just a web browser. Also, the DP mobile app makes it very easy to access donor information wherever you are. DPO has almost unlimited flexibility to add new fields and configure screen design. PAALS is using DPO not only to track Donor information, but also to track information about the dogs we have in training, about our clients who have or are waiting on a service dog and about our hundred plus volunteers. And the custom report writer allows us to create reports for almost any purpose we need. The optional WebLink Pro module has allowed us to create web pages quickly and easily to process event registrations and single or recurring donations. These are easily integrated into our existing website. The donation and donor information is automatically integrated into DPO saving much repetitive data entry. DPO also has automated interfaces to Quickbooks and Constant Contact.
ConsThe event management module as currently implemented is somewhat cumbersome and is not integrated with WebLink. However, Softerware has posted that the next update will address some of these issues. Softerware does not have an alliance with PayPal. Thus we are unable to include an option to for donors to contribute via PayPal on our Weblink forms. So we have to maintain a separate set of forms on our website for people who want to use PayPal. The DP mobile application does not use the customized screens that are shown in DPO. It currently has a generic interface which makes information appear in different place/order than what a user sees online. Also, DP Mobile does not hide fields which have been marked hidden in the online version. Thus DP mobile, while useful, is much less usable than it could be.
June 5, 2013
August 22, 2019

“Surprisingly Powerful”

OverallWhen I first joined the organization, they had been entering certain data for years but had no idea how to report on it. This was a great starting place to learn the power of the reporting feature. We also began to use Donor Perfect to track moves management and major donors, and I constantly used the platform.
ProsAfter some experiential learning, I was able to capture and easily report on so much data, which made my overall fundraising and communications easier (though it never feels easy at the time). The custom fields and reporting stand out as some of the features I used the most. I was able to add up tax-deductible amounts from certain donation periods and have them reported on the donor demographic form, so I was easily able to see and report on certain specific tax credits. The general reports, from cash flow, to average gift amounts and every possible AFP fundraising metric we such as blessing - and something I miss now that I am at a new org with a different database.
ConsWhile I could do donation processing through Donor Perfect, and embed the form on the page, at the time, the form was a little rough around the edges. I could match colors, but that was about it. Perhaps now there is a CSS you can paste to make it a little more seamless. It should be noted that this is a problem with a lot of donation processing pages with different database companies, in my experience.

By SofterWare on September 19, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of DonorPerfect. It's great to read all the wonderful things you say about the system. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
August 22, 2019
Chelsea I.
Resource Development Associate
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees
June 24, 2019

“Powerful, Multi-functional Software for Donor Data Management”

OverallDonorPerfect helps us to keep track of all of our donors in one consolidated place, shared with the entire fundraising team. It helps us track important metrics to keep us on track toward our overall fundraising goals. With 65+ years of donor history, DonorPerfect has proved essential in keeping strong records of who has a relationship with our organization and what that relationship has looked like over the years.
ProsDonorPerfect is the only tool we use to keep records of our donors and donations. The interface is fairly intuitive and user friendly, with some of the most helpful tools being the easiest to find. DonorPerfect is a powerful tool, which means training is required to understand how to best use some of its features. The biggest "problem" we've had with it so far is that it is capable of far more than we use it for. For donor data and management, tracking donations, and even tracking your cultivation efforts with donors, I can't imagine any software that would be better. Customer support is excellent, whether through chat or on the phone, and we are always receiving invitations to webinars or free user guides to help us do better at fundraising. The pitch for how DonorPerfect can help you even more is there, but it is not the main point of these resources, and that feels good.
ConsRunning reports has been a challenge for my team, which is self-taught on that function of the software. Between search parameters and selection filters, it has taken us a long time to figure out how to get a report that reflects the parameters we want. In a way, this downside is also a testament to how powerful the software is, because it can run a report on a countless arrangement of parameters.

By SofterWare on July 10, 2019
Chelsea, Its great to read how much you like using DonorPerfect! The Support Team is always happy to help. :) Thank you for taking the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
June 24, 2019
Jessica B.
Development Administrative Assistant
March 21, 2019

“DonorPerfect is a intuitive way to track donations”

OverallDP is an easy way for our non-profit to track all of our donors giving and we can pull reports based off this information. We can see who hasn't given in a while and reach out to them with a special mailing.
ProsWe have been using DonorPerfect for many years to track our donor's giving. The cloud interface allows updates to the software overnight and when you get back to work the next morning there are new and improved features. The amount of information you can pull for reports is incredible. Anything you enter into DP can be pulled in some report. There is a DonorPerfect Community where you can go to ask other users questions and get helpful tips and tricks for running reports, using DP Mobile, and much more.
ConsDonorPerfect could improve their search engine within the software. Sometimes when looking up an existing donor, the software will say they do not exist in the database, but they do and if another user doesn't know that then a duplicate donor account will be made on accident. When a tribute/memorial gift is made online and the donor lists the recipient's name differently than how it appears in DP, DonorPerfect will create a whole new tribute instead of allowing the user to select the already existing tribute. When this occurs, you end up with multiple tributes for the same person, the only difference is maybe one shows the middle name and the other does not.

By SofterWare on April 22, 2019
Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to read that you are using so many of the features in the system. Any suggestions you have for the system we want to hear :), please add them to Suggest and Vote in DonorPerfect Communities. We are also happy to add them for you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
March 21, 2019
Marci C.
August 27, 2019

“We LOVE DonorPerfect!”

OverallWe use DonorPerfect to track everything. The reports are most helpful.
ProsI have used DonorPerfect at two organizations and have been very happy! Having a 14 year old database program at my previous organization, my job was to research and find a new program for us. I looked at everything and decided on DonorPerfect. It wasn't the Cadillac (we couldn't afford) or the Yugo (we needed more power), but it was "just right"! When I moved to my new position in a new organization, there was no database - everything had been tallied on separate spreadsheets. The decision was easy and we purchased DonorPerfect. We haven't looked back!
ConsCustom reports took a little while to conquer, but it's smooth sailing now.

By SofterWare on September 19, 2019
Marci, I am thrilled to hear that NA'AMAT USA loves DonorPerfect! :) Thank you for the great review!!!! Regards, Ellen Molon. Client Relations Specialist
August 27, 2019
Susan S.
Development Manager
Motion Pictures and Film, 1-10 employees
April 2, 2019

“DonorPerfect is essential to my job.”

OverallOur organization is growing and we need reliable donor reporting and communications. Good software like DonorPerfect is a necessity. I look forward to using more features as our donor base expands.
ProsI like the ease of use with DonorPerfect. It is a good value compared to other software. It is a good fit for the size of our organization. I haven't taken advantage of it yet, but I plan to use the connections they have with Constant Contact and Agile Ticketing. I think what I like best is the support. It is a must if you do a lot of reports and lists. I could not respond to the request I get without the friendly and helpful DonorPerfect phone support. Well worth the extra cost!
ConsI would like DonorPerfect have a better search as I have to spell the name correctly in order for it to come up. It would be nice if the search brought up results that were close instead of exact. I tend to use phone support a lot for reports and lists. I don't know if it's me or if the system is not commonsensical or there are not enough stock reports.

By SofterWare on April 11, 2019
Suan, Thank you for the wonderful review.. I am glad to hear you are finding DonorPerfect easy to use. Our support team is very knowledgeable and happy to help with report questions. We partner with and have integrations available for many different software packages. Our partners can be found at dpconnect.com. We look forward to working with you and your organization for many years! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
April 2, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
April 29, 2019

“The reality”

Overall1. If my org is going to spend the money on this tool, then I'm going to exploit it to the value of our investment. Therefore, everyone I connect with at DP is on board to make sure I get that value and has been great. 2. My experience also includes the staff at this organization and their responses. They are continually amazed I can get the software to actually help us raise funds, as opposed simply putting up with the database system they have always had which no one has really used or wanted to learn to use. 3. I've sold and implemented a version of this type of software. I knew the original owner of this software (when it was based in San Diego) and I've known about it - or interacted around it - for the last 20 years. I am impressed with the additions and flexibility in functionality as the world has been turned upside down by the net. It actually has gotten easier to handle and manage.
ProsIt works as described. It's flexible, so I can tailor it to our work flow/process. It gets the job done.
ConsIt's a little... janky looking... like - in we're-so-cutting-edge-we-dont-waste-your-money-on-unproductive-things-like-screen-and-user-eye-flow-design. It just looks like my uncle's work-around software for raising money.

By SofterWare on May 7, 2019
Thank you for "The reality" about DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear that we have impressed you with the changes we have recently made to the system. Our clients have a big influence on changes that you are seeing. Many of the ideas that DonorPerfect Users enter into Suggest and Vote become part of the system. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
April 29, 2019
Susan S.
Business Director
June 4, 2013

“Birmingham Boys Choir Recommends Donor Perfect Online! ”

OverallI would wholeheartedly recommend DPO to any organization requiring donor management software. After spending hours generating reports for the development folks from an Excel spreadsheet with 1500 donors, I have truly enjoyed learning how to generate different reports with DPO....in a fraction of the time it had taken previously. We have had many tributes given recently, and it is with such ease that tributes may be added, a gift linked to that tribute, and a notification generated for the person to be contacted. When corporations purchase sponsorships for our annual gala, I can link the corporate sponsor to the person within our non-profit organization who secured the sponsorship-no more guesswork! I am sure there are features I have yet to discover and utilize to their fullest extent, but we are most pleased with DPO. Pricing is competitive, one does not have to be a computer genius in order to use the system, and all the help one needs is readily available.
ProsFrom my very first conversation with the regional account manager to which I was assigned through the decision to purchase DPO, my experience has been an extremely positive one. I had spent a great deal of time researching donor management systems and had narrowed the field down to three: DonorPerfect, E-Tapestry, and GiftWorks. GiftWorks did not have the functionality that we required, so I eliminated it early on. After working with both E-Tapestry and Donor Perfect on a free trial basis, I found the "intuitiveness" of DPO to be the selling point for me. In addition, I know this will sound silly to many, but the fact that there is so much color in the DPO system was a huge plus in favor of this product. Since I spend a great deal of time using the system, ANY color other than black, white and grey helps my eyes, and seems to make data entry a more positive experience. Both our immediate and future needs will be easily met by DPO, and customer support is superb.
ConsIf anything could be changed, I would prefer that DPO have their own payment processing system. Currently, DPO's payment processing is done through Mercury Payment Systems. While we have not encountered any difficulty using a separate entity for payment processing (we've had a similar system in the past), our webmaster would prefer DonorPerfect to process online payments as opposed to going through another entity such as Mercury Payment Processing.
Ashley D.
Office Admin
August 15, 2019

“Some many useful tools!”

OverallThis has allowed us to broaden our giving. We are able to make very targeted reports for mailings that have helped us strategically reach out to certain sets of donors and team members.
ProsOur organization uses DP every day and it is a vital part of how we are able to keep track of donations, donors, team members, etc. It helps us maintain an up to date mailing list. It has so many features that we are able to access, ie. it links to Constant Contact, it provides some amazing reports. I love the Dashboard feature because it allows for a view of the organization as a whole for what has been processed as gifts but it also give a "my dashboard" option that allows for a view of what I have put in the system. It makes for looking things up a breeze! We use this to keep track of who has gone on what trips, and it has seriously made our work lives so much easier.
ConsWhen I first came on to work for the organization I wasn't able to train with the software to see its full potential, it wasn't until we attended a seminar hosted by DP that I was able to see the magnitude that this software provides.

By SofterWare on September 19, 2019
Hi Ashley, Thank you for the awesome review !!! It's great to hear that your organization is using many of the different features available in DonorPerfect. Glad that it has made your lives easier. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
August 15, 2019
April 3, 2019

“Database Management Has Never Been Easier!”

OverallDonorPerfect has made it much easier to track our donors' interest so we can better target them for donations, whether it be for gifts around certain times of the year or planned giving. We can keep track of how they like to be contacted and cater to that form of communication. It's made not only recording the donations, but even getting them, a much easier process.
ProsThis software is extremely user friendly and very intuitive. Creating new records is quick and easy, plus the ability to save filters (both single and compound) makes running queries multiple times a snap. The verbiage when entering donor data is very clear and can be customized to fit any organization's needs.
ConsThere are times when the wording isn't exactly clear when trying to create a query (or there's some confusion as to how to get the specific query results you're looking for), but the customer service chats are very helpful in figuring out what the problem/miscommunication is. Additionally, the biggest issue we have is that it doesn't catch duplicates if there are tiny differences, such as 214 W 3rd St versus 214 West 3rd St (which can be corrected if you use best practices when entering your information).

By SofterWare on April 11, 2019
Thank you for the great review of DonorPerfect. I love he title to your review, Database Management Has Never Been Easier I am glad to hear that the system has made it easier for your organization to track your donors interests and target them for donations. Our support team is always here to help if you have any questions. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
April 3, 2019
Susan D.
Community Outreach & Development Coordinator
January 16, 2019

“A non-profit must have!”

OverallThe record keeping features of Donor Perfect allow me to look at who is giving and when and whom I may need to reach out to that have not donated in a while. It allows me to look at trends and time frames more people are apt to give and see what programs need more targeting for reaching out to people to give to. Increase funding is possible if I know who my target audience is and which program is lacking in funding.
ProsDonor Perfect is the "PERFECT" tool for keeping records of all donors and gifts as well as contact information. The ability to keep track of contacts made to each donor along with the promptings are a sure way to keep on top of making the necessary follow up a breeze.
ConsWhen I am in the middle of making follow up calls to donors, I would like the screen to not time out so quickly from one search to the next. If I am on the phone thanking a donor and looking at the information on the screen at the same time, it usually times out on me and i have to log in all over again. Not efficient.

By SofterWare on February 12, 2019
Susan, Thank you for taking your time to complete the survey on DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear you that DonorPerfect is "PERFECT" for keeping track of your donors, gifts and contacts you make with the donors. The Support Team is always happy to help with questions with the system. Please contact the team so they can look into the issue you mentioned about timing out. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
January 16, 2019
Amy S.
Executive Assistant & Project Manager
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

“Robust donor management!”

OverallOverall, DonorPerfect has helped our organization re-vamp the processes and structures around our donor management.
ProsI love how customizable and robust the screens and reporting are in DonorPerfect. With Screen Designer, I am able to create the exact data entry screens that work best for our organization. We decide what information we want to capture, how to capture it, and how to report on it. SmartAnalytics and Easy Reports are just what I need to pull the data exactly how my board and CEO want to see it - PLUS, it is easy enough to use for a non-IT person to understand.
ConsMy least favorite feature is the event management add-on. Unfortunately, it is not ideal for our use to facilitate an 800-person gala with a raffle, silent auction, live auction, ticket sales, and very specific and irregular seating arrangements and payments. However, I was able to import our gala data from another software pretty easily with the import feature.

By SofterWare on October 31, 2018
Thank you Amy for the terrific review. Glad to hear you love Screen Designer and the Reporting functions. I have asked your Client Account Manager to send you information on ReadySetAuction, ReadySetAuciton is an auction software that integrates with DonorPerfect and would save you time from having to import data.I think you will like ReadySetAuction! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
Brett O.
Office Administrator
Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees
November 5, 2018

“DonorPerfect for the Smaller Non-Profit”

OverallI highly, highly recommend, DonorPerfect, and am currently attempting to have my present employer switch to it from a far less intuitive donor database. I honestly cannot sing the praises of DonorPerfect enough. It is a donor database designed by fundraisers, who continuously accept input from other fundraisers.
ProsThere is so much to love about DonorPerfect. After 10 years in professional fundraising, working with everything from the most-known donor database to numerous smaller ones, DonorPerfect really is perfect. It's extremely intuitive, and extremely customisable. During my training, I was actually jumping ahead of my trainer, and ended up not using a full two hours of the training DonorPerfect provides. Furthermore, I was able to quickly and easily train others on how to use the database.
ConsThere was one quirk around using Tab, where it would skip a field near the top of the main Constituent page, then jump back up to it. I never did figure out how to work around that issue.

By SofterWare on November 26, 2018
Thank you Brett for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear how easy you found the system to learn. The Technical Support Department is available to assist with any questions you may have when working in the system. Please reach out to them about they issue you are experiencing when using the Tab key. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
November 5, 2018
Jodi S.
October 11, 2018

“Extensive Reporting Options”

OverallAgain, the reporting is wonderful. It has allowed me to give our board and other staff members a clear picture of funds raised, where those funds are coming from and what they are supporting.
ProsI do need to clarify that I have only been using DP since January of this year and the only training I have done has been online or self-taught. That being said, I have been very happy with the extent of reporting that is available. Once you figure out how to accurately record your data in DP, learning the reporting system is fairly self-explanatory. If you can't figure it out - customer support is always very responsive and happy to help!
ConsThe recommended way to enter couples is with one record. The way DP is set-up, this is the best practice to use. Having had experience with other systems, the best way to enter couples is to give each individual a record and then link them so giving, contacts, etc. are shared between the two donors. From what I have seen so far, the linking of records in DP isn't set-up to do this. This is unfortunate, because it makes separating donors, setting flags for each individual or pulling information as an individuals versus a couple not possible.

By SofterWare on October 19, 2018
Jodi, Thank you for your DonorPerfect Review. I am glad to hear you are finding navigating through DonorPerfect easy and are using the many reports available in the system. SofterWare is listening and I apologize that you aren't finding the linking of records to be efficient. We would love to have some feedback from you from you in a Focus Group, Usability or Beta Test. If you would like to participate please contact the Client Relations Specialists at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
October 11, 2018
Kelly M.
September 17, 2019

“Great Donor Management ”

ProsWe have previously worked with two other donor management systems and neither were as user friendly as Donor Perfect. We love how easy it is to navigate through the site. We feel like we get an incredible value for what we pay.
ConsJust like any new site, it can be a little overwhelming when you first start out. There are so many features that we don't even use, so that can be a little much. I am still trying to find out info about some areas I do not understand.

By SofterWare on September 19, 2019
Thank you for the great review of DonorPerfect, Kelly. I love your Review Title, " Great Donor Management"! Best, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
September 17, 2019
Kristina B.
Administrative Assistant
April 4, 2019

“We love Donor Perfect!”

OverallWe love how we are able to really track our donors and their contributions and customize areas of Donor Perfect for our needs. The reports we generate always look great printed and are so clear and concise. And very importantly, the customer service has been so helpful every single time I've had to call them. The customer service/support is hands down the best I have dealt with. Keep up all the great service!! It is much appreciated!
ProsThis software is perfect for our non-profit. The ease of use and abilities to generate all kinds of reports is so helpful. We are constantly learning new things that we can do. To date, we are very happy with all of the updates. The new Donor screen that shows how long they have been a donor is a great addition. The receipting function and filters have been so useful and we use it every month for letters and emails. And the reports that we can pull are great as well and look nice printed too.
ConsAt this moment, I honestly can't think of an area that is proving bothersome to us.

By SofterWare on April 11, 2019
Kristina, I am so glad you love DonorPerfect and find it easy to use! Also, ecstatic to read your comment about the support team. I agree with you that they are hands down the best out there! Thank you for the awesome review! :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
April 4, 2019
Terri B.
Director of Development
Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees
February 27, 2019

“Best Value for the Money”

OverallIt is an effective system for managing our donor data base. It is crucial for our mailings and reporting. I need to dedicate more time to maximizing the potential of what we can accomplish with DonorPerfect.
ProsI have been with at my current job for almost 11 years and have used DonorPerfect the entire time. I have looked into other options at my boss' request, but have not been able to justify a change - I could never see how the other options brought enough added value for the additional cost. DonorPerfect is very reasonably priced for all the options that are available - and there are a lot. I am comfortable with the security of my data and customer service has been very responsive any time that I have reached out.
ConsFor me, the processes sometimes feel complicated. But this is more on me than DonorPerfect. I am a one woman shop and it's hard to find the time to dedicate to really exploring all that this platform has to offer. I feel like I have only scratched the surface regarding the possibilities.

By SofterWare on March 4, 2019
Terri, I love to hear that you have been using DonorPerfect for almost 11 years and find such great value in the system. Thank you for your continued business. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
Melanie C.
February 23, 2019

“Excellent Donor Management for Mid-Size Nonprofits”

OverallDonorPerfect has served my mid-size nonprofit for many years. It is a great way to track volunteers, members, and donors of all sizes. You can track donations, visits, and personal information for each vendor. There is also a lot of customization options for specific requirements your nonprofit might need. Overall, we've been very happy with the flexibility and functionality of DonorPerfect for our donor management needs.
ProsDonorPerfect offers a lot of flexibility for mid-size nonprofits. It is a strong donor system that can be specialized for specific needs a non-profit might be facing. Also, our organization has used DonorPerfect for many years, so we've been able to grow with it, and have historic data that allows us to understand long-term donor trends.
ConsReports are fairly complicated and require some training to use well. Fortunately, customer service is very responsive in helping staff figure out new report requirements.

By SofterWare on March 4, 2019
Melanie, Thank you for the wonderful review. I love your review title, : Excellent Donor Management". There are many wonderful features in DonorPerfect and I am thrilled to hear you are using so many of them. The support team is always happy to help with any questions our users may have when using DonorPerfect. Thank you for being a valued client . Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
February 23, 2019
Robert A.
Public & Professional Relations Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
January 17, 2019

“Great product, not so great communication”

OverallWe like the software but have not been pleased with the company communication, particularly surrounding features an billing issues.
ProsThe interface is easy to use and intuitive. The reporting features are robust. Added options allow you to take online contributions with automatic download, which is very useful.
ConsThere's little we dislike. We have noticed that the communication from the company is lacking. For example, plans, pricing and features change without any communication. We paid for a year of the separate auction software just two months prior to renewal of our plan, only to find out that our plan now included the auction software. The company refused to credit us the 10 months. We will look at other options as a result. Had we known plans and service options had changed, we'd have waited. They just don't communicate.

By SofterWare on January 25, 2019
Thank you Robert for taking your time to complete a review on DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to hear you're finding the interface easy to use and intuitive, I have reviewed your account and see that you and your sales account manager are working through your concerns about the pricing. If you ever have questions or concerns about your system or service please contact the Client Relations Specialists at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
January 17, 2019
Meriam G.
Philanthropy, 1-10 employees
May 7, 2018

“All in one solution - love it!”

OverallThe software is excellent, but almost more than that, the customer service is Platinum-level. I have been supported in every way imaginable throughout the installation, through their excellent Knowledgebase, and when we're really stuck on something (which doesn't happen often), we've paid for the top level of support, which is amazing. Worth every penny for this small nonprofit.
ProsI love that DP integrates with Constant Contact and with QuickBooks. I particularly like the ease of use - anyone I've ever hired can sit down, and with minimal direction, can be entering data and pulling reports within a short period of time. The reporting features are very strong. We use the WebLinkPro option - I highly recommend taking advantage of this functionality.
ConsI do wish the event module was more built out. I can't pull a lot of reports out of it directly, so I've figured out workarounds. All in all, though, it's still a very helpful feature.

By SofterWare on May 10, 2018
Hi Meriam, I am thrilled to hear how much you are enjoying using DonorPerfect. It makes my day to hear that new hires can use the product easily and quickly. Constant Contact and QuickBooks are two of our popular integrations. We also partner with other software companies to deliver a complete system including more selections for events management. Ellen from SofterWare
May 7, 2018
Michael S.
June 4, 2013

“Highly Recommended for Taking Your Organization's Fundraising to the Next Level”

OverallI highly recommend Donor Perfect Online. It was exactly what we needed. I am an advanced user, so I think I found it easier to implement than others might find, but once you get your staff trained on, it is an extremely powerful constituent management tool. Tracking a large group of people can be difficult if you are relying on a couple of spreadsheets, an access database, and Constant Contact. With DPO, this all gets wrapped into one powerful, flexible, and customizable system.
ProsDonor Perfect Online was a great solution to address some issues we were dealing with this time last year. Our base of donors has been growing for the past five years and the software we had been using was becoming more and more difficult to handle our needs. Here are some of the top selling points: *Integration of Event management *Integration with Quickbooks *Totally customizable on many levels, including mail merge, tracking codes, and reports *Integration with Constant Contact *Web donation pages *Credit card processing *Smart Actions (automatic prompts by email, popups and the like to remember to make calls) *Contact record keeping *Grant management *Powerful receipt-creation (including email w/PDFs) *Knowledgebase/online community & forum *Ipad app
ConsFairly steep learning curve. It's a powerful system, so learning the ins and outs of exporting lists and developing MS Word templates can be daunting (we posted some in the KB for others to use). Fortunately we have full support, so answers to questions are usually just a phone call away. Also, I could have used a bit more support as we were creating online templates for various web pages (Network for Good created one for us for $200). On the subject of NFG, we decided not to let our subscription lapse and completely switch over to DPO's weblink system because NFG just came out with a new system that recognizes the user platform and adjusts the layout (ie for smartphones and tablets). It would be nice to see a more robust platform, but we created some very useful pages for selling tickets to our events that will work great and save the cost of adding more pages over at NFG.
Cassandra D.
Fundraising and funds manager
October 15, 2018

“Perfect for small foundations with tech savvy employees”

ProsWe chose this software after doing research of several CRMs. In the past we has been using spreadsheets only. We love that the software is customizable for our organization and that the support team is always willing to help and take feedback. The most useful thing so far has been online forms, which we have set up to send automatic thank you emails with tax deductible information. This allows faster follow up with constituents and has reduced the amount of work on our funds manager.
ConsIt is pretty heavily dependent on coding and understanding a CRM or database. It's a little cumbersome on the backend but someone with some tech savvy could do it. They are constantly improving.

By SofterWare on October 19, 2018
Hi, Cassandra, DP is way better than Excel, that is a true statement! And the secure process from collecting donations from your own online form to banking the money and updating donor records in DP, to donor thank you is the single most time-saving process in DP. Fair point about dependency on back-end coding - if DP was more canned, it would be easier but not as flexible. We're trying to get the balance right, and customer feedback is how we set a good path. I'm also going to send you a cool resource for Event planners that you might like. You can reach the Client Relations team by email or phone: clientrelations@softerware.com and toll-free: 800-220-3537. Susan Guggenheim, Client Relations Specialist at SofterWare
Lori Q.
Executive Assistant & Office Administrator
August 28, 2018

“DonorPerfect Software is my Favorite”

OverallDonor database and tax reporting for a large volume and diverse systemic need. Reconciling accounts for different GL needs is a breeze. Customer service support as been the very best I have ever experienced.
ProsThe customer service is promptly available and is always knowledgeable and friendly. We have had much success with the Madrid of options available for services and reports. There is always training webinars available and new helpful services coming out. The web-forms are so easy and efficient for online donors to purchase tickets or make donations. The credit card processing works seamlessly with the information downloads.
ConsThe reports can be very tricky to pull up, however, there is intricate detail that can be obtained, so perhaps that's why.

By SofterWare on August 31, 2018
Lori, Thank you for the wonderful review! Our company works very hard to meet the needs of our clients. It is a plus that the reporting feature allows for simple to sophisticated reporting. The integration of the Online forms/Processing Gateway/DonorPerfect makes the system seamless and is a big time saver! We have many partners that also integrate with the system, check them out at dpconnect - https://connect.donorperfect.com/. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
August 28, 2018
John A.
Senior Developer
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
July 13, 2018

“Complete excellence with product and personnel”

OverallI highly recommend DonorPerfect Online as a mission-critical application we could not operate without. It's a great value for what we get.
ProsDonorPerfect Online is a robust, scalable, flexible, and very stable application, and continues to be improved over time. It does everything we need and quite a bit more. It allows us to rapidly deploy customized donation portals. Up time is nearly 100%. Support personnel are prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable.
ConsAs with any web-based product (versus a native app), certain functions are a bit more limited, such as being unable to sort report columns by clicking on them. Not a huge deal, just a few minor annoyances as with any product.

By SofterWare on July 20, 2018
John - so glad you would recommend DonorPerfect as a mission critical application that creates great value and one that you can't live without. The ability to take in donations using the OnLine Forms, is helping many non-profit organizations to grow their donor base. I will make sure to pass on your praise to the Support Team, thank you. Please contact either Support or your Client Relations Specialist with details about the sort feature you would like to see added to DonorPerfect. Many of the systems features come from our clients ideas that have been entered into Suggest and Vote.
July 13, 2018
Stacie M.
May 27, 2019

“Does Everything but Sing and Dance ”

OverallDo to is complexity, it can be frustrating to use. However, if you invest some time initially or over a span of time to learn the program and watch their videos and webinars, then the program can do amazing things.
ProsThis software has everything. You can track donors, organize and plan fundraising, do mailings, etc. The last 2 non-profit organizations I worked for used this program (still do) and it is extremely helpful in all essential tasks of donors, fundraising, donation tracking, etc. They have many instructive videos and webinars to use the program. Their fees are comparative and competitive with other similar programs, on the ones I have compared to Donor Perfect, which is why we went with them.
ConsIt is complex! They do have many instructive videos and classes, but it takes a lot of time to learn how to use it completely to get everything out of it you can. Their customer service is good, with fairly quick response and guidance.

By SofterWare on June 6, 2019
Stacie, Thank you for the great review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear that DonorPerfect has been extremely helpful in completing your work each day. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
May 27, 2019
Kathleen M.
Office Admin
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

“Fundraising Review ”

OverallThe system is easy to use and has provided the reports easily for financials. It has been helpful keeping track of donations and contacting them easily. It is also very simple to update a donors card for there donation.
ProsI like that a Donor Perfect representative is always ready to answer any questions through there call in support center.
ConsIt would be helpful if donors would be able to login and change simple things like address or amount they donate.

By SofterWare on October 30, 2018
Kathleen, Your feedback is truly invaluable to us, and we appreciate the time you took to provide it. There is a whole team here waiting to help with your success, and only a phone call away! The suggestion to have a donor portal where your donors can update their own information, is listed in Suggest & Vote within DPCommunity. If you don't know what Suggest and Vote is, it's a place where our clients (and staff) can suggest features for DonorPerfect. Once you support an idea (Thumbs Up) you are notified of any changes in the status of the enhancement. We hope you will check it out and support the donor portal suggestion, and add your own ideas! If you need any help, you can reach our Client Relations Team at 800-220-3537. Make it a great day! Melissa Winterborne Client Relations Specialist
Emily S.
CEO/President
April 26, 2019

“DonorPerfect lets us stay focused on our mission and message! ”

OverallWith DonorPerfect software, we are able to track giving trends and understand our donors and their patterns well, and manage thank yous, accounting, and communications to donors from one platform. We love it. We also love that DonorPerfect rewards customer loyalty--our organization started using this product before it was online!
ProsDonorPerfect is an excellent database for donors from foundations to individuals. We love that DonorPerfect keeps adding tools and options for things like peer-to-peer fundraising, text-to-give and forms that make this an all-in-one tool to help us continue our work in service to the community and stay connected with donors and volunteers in a meaningful, timely way. The webinars are also great!
ConsI just need to spend more time learning to build custom reports!

By SofterWare on April 30, 2019
Emily, I am glad to hear that DonorPerfect has been a great tool in helping House of Mercy stay focused on your mission and message . I love the positive feedback on our newer features added to the system. Thank you for being a Loyal Customer. Your continued business is very important to us here at SofterWare. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
April 26, 2019
Timothy B.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1000 employees
October 16, 2018

“BV”

OverallIt is very customizable within the records and screens. Events management needs better integration and ease of use. It is time consuming to enter gifts through the EM screen. It is also difficult to export information through EM for the event.
ProsIt is very user friendly. Making changes and running reports is pretty easy. No coding required.
ConsSometimes filters are a bit difficult to set up correctly without assistance. The need to export to excel to manipulate it cumbersome it would be nice to have the ability to set up the templates with a certain look we need and sorted appropriately.

By SofterWare on October 19, 2018
Hello Timothy, Thank you so much for your time and feedback! You have some outstanding suggestions, and we would love to have you participate in our VOCE program. It's no obligation, however we will reach out if we Development opportunities such as focus groups, Beta Testing, surveys and more. https://www.donorperfect.com/landing/mktg/voc-client-relations/ We understand how critical Reporting and Events are to fundraising and we look forward to your input as we continue to make improvements to benefit all of our clients. All the best! Melissa Winterborne Client Relations Specialist
October 16, 2018
Brenda G.
Executive Assistant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1000 employees
June 20, 2019

“Great product!”

OverallTo have all of the donor's information in once spot is very important. It would be nice to see an option to scan documents in to the donors file, annuity information, endowment, etc. Less paper is always nice!
ProsEase of use. The reports are easy to use. We are finding more ways to implement Donor Perfect as our only source of record keeping for our donors. This makes things so much easier. It's easy to create a new option in the drop downs to help us with what we want to track.
ConsI don't always understand how to create the report I want with the information I want but ,Chat or calling in is very friendly and helpful. I have learned from doing and they are very gracious to help out even if its a dumb question.

By SofterWare on June 27, 2019
Brenda,Thank you for the awesome review of DonorPerfect! I am glad to hear you call the support team when you have questions. They are always happy to help. Any features you would like added to the system should be added to Suggest and Vote. We are listening to our clients and many features in the system come from our clients suggestions! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist.
June 20, 2019
Peggi B.
Treasurer
March 15, 2019

“Best I've used”

OverallIt took a lot of time to input data into other systems we've used or the cost for the system did not match the amount of time we had to put into managing our data (it cost more overall - the software cost, the work time). It does not take as much with DPO. Being able to create General Ledger, Campaign, SOlicitation entries for specific drives is helpful. Because half of our outreach is in Brazil we've not used DPO for volunteer tracking or for fundraising there.
ProsEase of use in every area: importing records of those donating outside the DPO platform, looking for duplicates, setting up forms, accessing SafeSave, reports on donors (so many useful ones!). The quick response of support when I have a question - even if it's a simple one or one I've asked before. They are patient, quick and helpful!
ConsThe need to pay extra for custom reporting. Seems there should be an easier way to manipulate my own data

By SofterWare on April 11, 2019
Thank you for the awesome review, Peggi. I am thrilled to read that DonorPerfect is the best you've used. Its great to know that you are benefiting from so many of the features in the system. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
March 15, 2019
Beth C.
Director of Administration
February 11, 2019

“Love It!”

OverallI'm the database admin and I do most of the data entry. This is our 2nd year after transitioning from Raiser's Edge. Re were getting very pushy with sales and the database was old an have many glitches. We explored Salsa and DP. We ultimately choose DP for the ease of use and easy reporting. I did the transition from one system to the other with the help of the DP staff.
ProsI've been using Raiser's Edge for over 10 years. DP is an much easily platform, the reporting is incredible and easy. The customer service chat is east and efficient. I've never had a problem they couldn't fix (unlike RE). My no-tech co-workers actually understand it and can use it without much guidance. Highly recommend it if you want an updated and easier version of a CRM with the best features of RE.
ConsA few features we would like require the upgraded online form features but over all I love it.

By SofterWare on February 12, 2019
Hi Beth, Thank you for the awesome review. I am glad to read about your wonderful experience with our software and support team. Besides upgrading to Online Forms Plus we also have an option to complete a Change Request form. The great thing about a Change Request Forms is we do the work for you. If you have any questions please contact me at (800)220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
February 11, 2019
Debbie M.
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees
October 17, 2018

“Flexible, Easy to Use, Great Support”

OverallI did a lot of research of databases before settling on this one. It was a great find in that it can manage the data well, make it accessible in reports, and the cost is very competitive. It is flexible and fits our needs well. And the support is fantastic! The training videos, the knowledge base, and the chat and phone support is all very helpful. The people I have worked with were very kind and knowledgeable. It has been a great experience all around.
ProsThis is one of the most comprehensive software programs I could find. And the price was great. I appreciate the flexibility of the program, the ability to add/hide fields, set up the form the way I want it, and I especially appreciate how easy it was to set up on-line giving. What had been overwhelming before was accomplished quickly and effectively. The training videos, knowledge base, and support made it so easy to learn new things and use the database well. The reports are easy to use and very useful.
ConsThere is not much to not like about this software. I did run into a small issue with duplicate entry from on-line giving when the use used West instead of W or vice versa. If the address is not exact, it doesn't pick it up.

By SofterWare on October 23, 2018
We're thrilled you are using DonorPerfect! Great product, great price, easy to learn, easy to use and fantastic support! We couldn't have said it better ourselves. Thank you! Meg, Client Relations Specialist
October 17, 2018
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
August 24, 2018

“Donor Perfect streamlines and facilitates Fundraising campaigns”

ProsWe love the ease of use of the system and friendly look. The customizable dashboard allows us to be in control of the most important information we need to see and the full integration system makes it a all in one stop for information. Recently we began using the mobile app and additional payment mobile card reader which allows us to have a greater impact on our fundraising. Great Job on this new feature!
ConsThe older donorpages site was not the most user friendly experience and we did not have a big impact with it. We are still to experiment with the new crowdfunding platform and we look forward to that.

By SofterWare on August 28, 2018
We are listening to our clients and recently have updated the user interface to make the system more user-friendly. The DPMobile card reader is great in accepting donations from your phone and having them automatically downloaded into DonorPerfect. We would love to hear your feedback on the new CrowdFunding page. Thank you for the great review and I will be sure to pass it on! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
August 24, 2018
Kara D.
Marketing and Events Manager
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2018

“Great Way to Keep Track of Donors”

ProsIt is a great way to keep track of donors, create mailing lists, and track donations. I also love that you can customize it to track exactly what you would like.
ConsUsing the filters to create mailings lists can be very confusing. You have to be very precise and use many filters or else you won't get what you want. I wish there was a more user friendly way to create mailing lists.

By SofterWare on August 13, 2018
Kara, Thank you for taking the time to review DonorPerfect. Glad to hear you are finding the system customizable to all your organization's needs. Our knowledgeable, top-rated support team would be happy to help you with any questions you have about creating a mailing list. We are constantly working to improve our customers' experience with the software. Our clients play a large role in influencing and shaping the future of DonorPerfect. We would love to have you participate in one or many of our focus groups. Please contact the Client Relations Specialists at (800)220-3537 to learn about all the ways you provide input. We'd really love your insights on how we can improve DonorPerfect! Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
August 1, 2018
Individual & Family Services, 501-1000 employees
April 25, 2019

“Great tool for being more proactive with donors”

OverallA great choice for non-profits looking to be more proactive with donors. We've had great success, even with keeping new people that join our organization trained on the software, which has been a major issue in the past.
ProsThe interface is very user friendly and therefore very easy to learn. One of the biggest pros for us is that you can add fields on the fly and they are included in reporting. Support is always incredibly knowledgeable and helpful.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve with roll up reporting and a few minor issues here and there, such as with merging records for households. But overall no major complaints and this platform is definitely a step above other platforms on the market.

By SofterWare on April 30, 2019
I am thrilled to hear about your success with DonorPerfect.DonorPerfect It is a great Donor management solution for keeping track of all your donor data and for strengthening your donor relationships. Any questions when working in the system the support team is always happy to assist. :) Thank you for the nice review. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist.
April 25, 2019
Jen D.
Self-employed
November 16, 2018

“Spectacular System”

OverallI really like this system. For the price, you get a full and robust database that you can manipulate as needed. If you don't want to upgrade features, you can find other ways to utilize features.
ProsThe system is intuitive to a fundraisers thought process. The built-in features are everything you NEED to run a comprehensive database. There are upgrades and options as you grow. The comprehensive coding system available allows you to dig into your data on a regular basis.
ConsA very new fundraiser or database user may have a hard time navigating the coding system. The complexity is great but time needs to be invested in it.

By SofterWare on March 5, 2019
Jen, "Spectacular System" is the perfect title for a review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to read that you find the system intuitive, and the built in features to be everything you need. As you mentioned there are upgrades available and also we have many other software products we integrate with. This makes the system perfect for a small or very large organization. Thank you for completing the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
November 16, 2018
Krishna L.
Volunteer Coordinator
August 6, 2018

“Great product!”

OverallOverall, my experience with DonorPerfect has been great. The variety of reports are helpful and fundraising a little less challenging.
ProsI enjoy the ease of entering and searching for data as well as being able to also use the software for our volunteer program and special events.
ConsI still sometimes have to call customer service to run reports as I get a little confused with the process. However, every single customer service rep I have spoke to has been extremely helpful and very knowledgeable.

By SofterWare on August 15, 2018
Krishna, Thank you for the wonderful review. Love that we have made fundraising less challenging by providing a variety of reports. Tracking your events and volunteers are essential for non-profits, and we have made them easy to manage. Our OnLine forms make it easy to collect the data from your donors, and best of all, downloads directly into a donors record or creates a new record. The support representatives are always happy to help. :) Cases are available in DonorPerfect Communities if you should need to reference them at a later date. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
August 6, 2018
April 30, 2019

“DonorPerfect is a great development tool”

ProsI love how customizable DonorPerfect is to the needs of our organization. Data tracking needs to make sense for your specific context, and DonorPerfect helps us do just that. There is ample opportunity to create a robust donor profile, making it easy to track relationships.
ConsDonorPerfect reporting is rarely simple. Unless I am running a very basic report (like LYBUNT, or looking up any gift from a certain solicitation code, etc), I usually have to contact support in order to get the information I need. After years of using DonorPerfect, I still can't make sense of when to use a compound filter, when to use autocalc, etc.

By SofterWare on May 7, 2019
Thank you for completing a review of DonorPerfect. Its great to hear that you are using Screen Designer to customize your system. I am glad to hear you call the support team with your questions. They are here to assist when needed and do a wonderful job of getting clients answers. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
April 30, 2019
Lori M.
Development Manager
March 13, 2019

“DonorPerfect makes my job easier!”

OverallDP has helped me to better understand my donors and ensure that I am sending them donation requests for areas of our work that mean the most to the donor.
ProsReporting is so easy with DP! With just a few clicks I have reports that help me to make decisions about which donors would be most likely to donate my campaign. I can use reports to see how our campaigns are doing and change my fundraising plan to bring in the most money for our non-profit! DonorPerfect is very easy to use and it helps me keep my donor data clean and up to date with their check address feature! I can't say enough about their customer support they answer my questions quickly, efficiently, and in a language I understand!!
ConsI don't have any complaints about DP. Anytime I think of something that I would like to be able to do in DP I check the knowledgebase and it's already there!

By SofterWare on April 9, 2019
Lori, Thank you for the wonderful review of DonorPerfect! Clean data makes for successful reporting. :) It's great to hear how your organization has benefited from the reports generated from the system. The support team is always happy to help! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist
Carolyn J.
Development Associate
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
June 29, 2018

“Great Features”

OverallI have worked this software for over 10 years beginning with the installed version and moving to the online. It's a great software and as with any software there are small hiccups, but they constantly come out with updates and solutions to the issues.
ProsDonorPerfect is a great software, that offers amazing reporting capabilities. The ability to export into Excel, Word or pdf and scheduling of reports and the SmartActions feature to set up automatic alerts i.e., to the director with the name and phone number of a top donor so he can call and thank them; or to schedule a report to go out to those on a daily, weekly or monthly basis is great especially if you are on vacation. They also have a great online Suggest & Vote forum where you can input ideas on new features and if selected they will become a part of the system; they listen and help provide solutions.
ConsThe formatting of the reports are a bit wonky when exported but you find a way to work through it because all the information is there.

By SofterWare on July 6, 2018
Carolyn- Love to hear that you have been with our organization for over 10 years. Many long term clients interact in Community, where clients like you can help others use the product better. Thank you for your feedback on reporting. We are constantly working on improving our products, and I will pass it on to the Product Manager. Please send me the links to your Suggest and Vote ideas so I can vote on them.
June 29, 2018