HomeGauge Ratings

Overall

About HomeGauge

HomeGauge is the best solution to help manage, market, and grow your business. Our report writer is fast and flexible so you can spend more time with your family while delivering incredible reports that buyers and agents will love. Scheduling, business, and marketing tools ensure you have everything you need to run your business efficiently. With the best support in the industry, you'll have help every step of the way. Learn more about HomeGauge

Doron B.
Architect and Home Inspector
June 6, 2018

“Excellent software with useful features”

ProsHomeGauge is an excellent program for writing home inspection reports and much more. They have very useful features like scheduling appointments online, and sending contracts for clients to read and sign electronically. The software is advanced and elaborate, you can customize your templates and report styles as needed. The reports are detailed, well organized and user friendly, with both pictures and narrative. Tech support is excellent, above and beyond any tech support I got from other companies in years.
ConsThe price is a bit high. It's especially tough in the winter, when there's not much work and income. And if you need the NPMA-33 form.(If you don't use it often, you can find the form online for free thru HUD, fill it out and attach it to your report as PDF)
June 6, 2018
John G.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
October 3, 2019

“Nothing but a check list and difficult to use”

OverallFrustrating. Infuriating. Aggravating. Exasperating. I'm a computer geek. I can usually overcome most any software obstacle, if the software is even remotely functional. But every time I came up with a work-around for some HomeGauge limitation, 2 more would pop up. Their customer support is above average. But good customer support is not enough to overcome the many software limitations of the desktop version and the broken iPhone version. I ended up switching to iAuditor, which is a far superior product that surprisingly, costs much less. Do yourself a favor. Avoid HomeGauge like the plague. It's a time waster.
ProsHmmm I sat here for two minutes, before writing this, just trying to think of something good to say about the HomeGauge software. But despite my best efforts, I can't think of anything I like about the software, itself. That said, I must complement the developer on providing above average technical support. Unfortunately their support is not enough to overcome the many missing or broken features in the HomeGauge software.
ConsWow! The list of issues with HomeGauge is long. 1) Windows only - won't run on Mac. 2) iPhone version crashes regularly. 3) It's nothing more than a glorified list - NO LOGIC. 4) Generated reports are hard to follow. 1) The desktop version is only available on the Windows operating system. If you use a Mac, you have to install Windows on your Mac. Surprisingly, I found that the app actually runs faster on my Mac than on a friend's PC. Go figure But many of the features that Mac users take for granted are not available under windows. So it becomes a pain to use. 2) Although they offer a mobile version, the iPhone version is less than useless. My RV inspections take 6 to 8 hours and the iPhone version of HomeGauge would crash 3 to 8 times during an inspection. I would always lose at least the last question that I answered. But at times, I lost as many as 8 responses. Every time HomeGauge crashed on the iPhone, I would have to spend several minutes going back to figure out which questions I was going to have to answer again and then re-create those answers. Result: I lost any time that HomeGauge saved me. Really less than useless. 3) It's nothing more than a glorified list. There is NO LOGIC. Therefore the user must answer many unnecessary questions. If the RV has only 2 air conditioners, I shouldn't have to answer questions about 5 ACs. 4) The generated reports are difficult to follow (poorly structured) and only in PDF. There is no built-in color coding.
October 3, 2019
Kenneth D.
president
August 15, 2018

“Good Product”

OverallWe have Many copies of this software and were hardcore supporters for many years, The delay in updates forced us to go in a different direction and while we paid for services for many years that we really did not use as part of our profile when we cancelled services we were cut off from our stored reports. and as there is not a good backup system, these are not available to us
ProsFairly easy to use with a minor learning curve. has the ability to use a mobile version that speeds up the process. Great customer service.
ConsThe overall look and feel of the program is a bit behind the times however is better than some. The ties to third parties are a bit concerning. The worst part is that you are forced to pay a monthly fee in order to integrate the mobile software (although there are some ways around it) and it is not a live software so data loss from equipment failure is a concern and the ability to store photos outside of the program is tricky and you have to install a secondary camera app in order to have the photos accessible in you gallery.
August 15, 2018
Darren J.
September 19, 2018

“Great software and easily personalized”

OverallI use it in the field to inspect homes. it versatile and can be used on multiple platforms, pc. android, and apple. It works well and can be conformed to your method of inspection. Its quick and easy to record the issues found or create new ones on the fly.
ProsThe flexibility to personalize the concerns to fit your needs and how easily it can be completed while in the field
ConsConcerns need to prioritized more easily so the the major concerns dont get mixed in with those that are minor
September 19, 2018
Jason A.
December 5, 2017

“Perfect software for Home Inspectors!”

ProsEasy to use and great looking reports. High quality pictures can easily be attached right in the reports and they come across very nice! The reports are very customizable and allow me to make them my own for my business.
ConsThere are almost too many features. While easy to use, learning how to use all of the features is daunting and limits how useful it is to have so many. Radon test results are geared toward using their service and do not present local lab results well. Doesn't integrate to DOE for home energy scores.
December 5, 2017
David B.
General manager
September 19, 2019

“Meh”

ProsThere is a lot of customization to reports. Customer service is very responsive.
ConsThe app is not very robust, especially on iOS. After having a bunch of different problems, I contacted customer service and they told me basically that it was written for Android and that the iOS version was written by a third party and was not maintained/updated.
September 19, 2019
Len I.
January 11, 2017

“The only complete package”

OverallFrom online booking to the inspection report and customer follow-up, this is the software all Professional Home Inspectors should consider before commencing their business. With photographs, video and voice recording, automated narratives and the ability to tailor the report to your own specifications, everything else is playing catch-up.
ProsEasy of use, speed of data collection, narrative production and CYA capability. Ability to maintain reports for clients regardless of service payments.
ConsDual licensing for Desktop and Tablet add unnecessary costs.
January 11, 2017
December 25, 2017

“Difficult to pick up. A pioneer in the industry.”

ProsThis software was a strong second choice for me to run my business. It is streamlined and online and simple to use... once you learn it. The company offers a full suite of business tools for your home inspection business.
ConsThe mobile app was difficult to learn. The updates and new features are at a stand still. It doesn't integrate well with ISN. The report output is stale and hasn't really changed in years.
December 25, 2017
Noelle K.
Business owner
March 7, 2018

“This software gets the job done and looks professional ”

ProsI like the clear and concise reports I can publish on Home gauge. I get good feedback from customers that my reports are easy to read.
ConsThe price would be the only drawback in my opinion. I would maybe like to see a payment option of paying on the amount of reports you publish.
March 7, 2018