Praxis Ratings

Overall

About Praxis

Praxis is an award-winning, easy to use, artificial intelligence (AI) based EMR/EHR that has no cumbersome templates. Templates slow charting down, hurt medical quality, and destroy usability. Instead, Praxis utilizes AI that learns from its user. Physicians chart fast and easy while saving hours each day. Praxis is rated #1 in User Satisfaction, User Recommended, and Usability by providers including #1 at the ACP and the #1 by physicians at the AAFP and in EHR User Satisfaction Surveys. Learn more about Praxis

Chief Medical Officer
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
August 9, 2019

“Do you really want the best and most innovative EMR?”

OverallDocumenting in these "concepts" is exactly who Praxis documents and that is why once it learns how you document, the verbal consent, preparation and post injection examination of a RIGHT knee steroid, it knows it forever
ProsEasy, intuitive, accurate, thorough and fast. Just think how you approach, then document your patient encounter. This was highlighted when I bought a retiring physicians practice and reviewed his progress note which consisted of a simple notation "Diabetes at goal", yet when I reviewed his paper chart (which showed check marked and initialed) 1. Ophthalmic Consultant report; a three quarter paged dictated note showing a normal diabetic eye exam, the labs that showed a circled and initialed A1c of 6.8, normal renal function, lipid panel and then review and check marked Podiatry dictation. This doctors notation "Diabetes at goal" was representative of all the words that we would've dictated, typed (or clicked boxes) in a Templated EMR, but that delineated what would have ended up in a large paragraph showing that this diabetics recent A1c, renal function, diabetic eye and foot exam...were all at goal.
ConsThe biggest "con" is that you will kick yourself that you haven't been using this superb tool earlier. ...And by the way, this is exactly how an experienced physician thinks, then documents a " normal diabetic assessment". As experienced physicians, we think in concepts (not words or often, not even in sentences), Breast Cancer; stable, asymptomatic and in active treatment with Oncology Congestive Heart Failure; improved without PNDand improved on the ACE Inhibitor Pulmonary Nodule; unchanged from comparison CT chest 6 months ago) Documenting in these "concepts" is exactly who Praxis documents and that is why once it learns how you document, the verbal consent, preparation and post injection examination of a RIGHT knee steroid
August 9, 2019
Marilyn S.
July 18, 2019

“An EMR That Allows Doctors to Practice as Doctors”

OverallThere are so many great features about Praxis but one of the best is the ease with which it allows users to qualify for the various Quality Payment Programs. It prompts many of the necessary criteria so they cannot be missed; even if you forget, Praxis remembers. Beyond the satisfaction of creating documentation that reflects my own personal thinking and is not a cookie cutter template that looks like everyone else's template that becomes cumbersome to read because of the redundancy, the support service for Praxis is phenomenal. I get answers to my questions within minutes; there is no staying on hold and being transferred to several people while someone is frantically going through the same manual you already read. Support is available after hours and sometimes I get answers late at night. When I am really stuck I get a call from one of the designers of Praxis. The Praxis executive team's suggestions and insights have been extremely helpful and their personal commitment to this software is second to none. I have used several other software platforms, both in hospitals and in the office and this is definitely the best one out there if you value accurate, original documentation that helps you provide superior care to your patients.
ProsShould you trust all of the rave reviews about Praxis? Yes. Why? Because Praxis allows you to be a doctor. With Praxis I get to practice medicine. Praxis was designed by actual physicians. I first learned of Praxis 10 years ago when I was investigating EMR software for a large group of colleagues. My committee and I recommended Praxis, but at that time the price point was high so the group chose another company that promised everything, but delivered nothing. They hated their choice. Several years ago I looked at Praxis again. The cost is now affordable and the company's commitment to maintaining a high quality EMR system that prioritizes superb patient care is still there. Other systems I've used are template driven. Coding and capturing documentation is what drives their software. Essentially they are a billing template in disguise. Praxis comes as close to producing a high quality note in exactly my own words as when I used to chart with pen and paper. It is true that initial documentation is not automatic; for the first few diagnoses I had to invest time to get the details entered. However, once I did that, future cases got faster until Praxis anticipates diagnoses and outlines a treatment plan about as quickly as I can think it. Praxis prompts me about relevant clinical elements which I may not have considered. The focus is on symptoms, impressions, and treatment; not ICD 10 codes, CPT codes, and a format that benefits the biller, not the patient.
ConsIt would be unrealistic to say there are no cons. However, the benefits of using Praxis every day with my patients far outweigh any drawbacks. The whole concept of EMRs leaves a lot to be desired, but Praxis makes that bitter pill much much easier to swallow.
July 18, 2019
David G.
Physician/ Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
June 24, 2019

“Best EMR for customization”

OverallWith Praxis we are able to maintain independence and get the data we need to take care of our patients excellently while still providing big data answers to Medicare programs and insurers
ProsHaving been involved in implementation of 3 separate EMRs, Praxis satisfies all my requirements the best. It allows me to write intelligible notes that specialists and my co-workers can use, while tracking data in the way that suits the practice at the time (which changes frequently based on medical, government, ACO and insurance evolution). Praxis is my tool for tracking information the way I and others need to, while practicing and charting in a way which makes sense to me.
ConsI wish the local hospitals were also on Praxis!
June 24, 2019
Amor M.
President & CEO
June 5, 2019

“Non-Template Based EMR that is customizable just for my needs”

OverallI was in a group practice for 5 years until I resigned last September. During the 5 years in my former group, I was burdened by using E-clinical works - a template based EMR that I absolutely loathed. As an epileptologist, many of my cases have complicated neurological histories that do not necessary fit with a template based EMR documatation. In addition, many of my orders are the same for each patient yet, with E clinical works, I would have to click on the same orders over and over again - wasting time that would accrue over the busy day. Some of the layout of my notes was confusing with a lot of extraneous information added to notes automatically - that had no bearing on the patient care. When I started my new practice, I absolutely did not want to have a template-based system. Lo and behold, I came across Praxis. When I did the demo, it was great that Dr. Loh himself (the CEO and a fellow physician) showed me many of the unique features of Praxis. For the most part, I am so impressed by the concept processor in that many of my cases are somewhat similar to each other in terms of the orders. If I see a case, I automatically just click on the assessment that I have set up for other similar cases and boom - my note automatically populates with the wording and phrasology that I would normally use. I just have to modify some of the details and I save a lot of time this way than having to write the same history over and over again - as I did with Eclinical works.
Pros- Ease of Use - Customizable - Saves Time I am very happy with the template-free service. The cost is less than other EMRs (though this is not all in one EHR - I use Open Practice Solutions/Open PM as a practice management system that easily integrates with Praxis - still saving compared to Athena or other comprehensive EHR systems). Customer service is second to none especially with the initial "go live" team.
Consnothing so far. I am very happy with Praxis at this time.
June 5, 2019
Mark L.
October 26, 2018

“Thanks PRAXIS for an excellent product”

OverallThe most important step with starting out with PRAXIS is to realize that you will come with baggage, bad habits and workarounds from using your prior EMR and it is best to spend some time in identifying them and do not carry them into your implementation of PRAXIS.
ProsA clean interface that allows me to do what I want without having to look thru multiple panels of non relevant information, poke thru menu lists or buttons. This really reduces operator fatigue , frustration leaving me fresh for the rest of the day. All list boxes have a superb and fast search input line at the top a couple of keystrokes and I have what I want, no need to scroll thru endless lists. I had been using another EMR and had developed habits that were causing me to duplicate work while writing a note. On starting with PRAXIS I had to look at what I was doing and ask myself " What is the essence of this encounter, what defines it" This was the hardest step because it involved changes in my behavior, and once this was done, and it did not take long to get up and running. I had been using templates before and they were huge structures that fit no encounter, they had to be modified, whittled into shape on the fly. PRAXIS solves the problem by having smaller elements of a note which are rapidly assembled into the structure without any editing because each element is the essence. I can get a note for a diabetic exam including a foot exam before seeing the next patient. PRAXIS has a tremendous amount of automation, that diabetic patient will get an automatic recall for labs in x months. Support is excellent, there is an online portal where questions are answered. I have used this on many occasions and response is quick and interactive. Someone , is replying to your questions within a minute and since it is a two way conversation you do not get a "canned" answer. I have PRAXIS on my in house server, apparently 80% of users prefer the on line hosted version. I have used both and can find no difference in speed or utility. I will eventually migrate to hosted online version. This involves overnighting the drive to PRAXIS and you are up and running.
ConsNothing, it has been a great improvement over my last EMR. I can get notes completed within a few minutes of seeing a patient with diagnoses that carry appropriate RAF scores for the patients problems.
October 26, 2018
David B.
Family Physician
January 29, 2018

“I initially purchased Praxis as a DOS user in the 1990s and have seen it from the beginning.”

OverallI believe I am much better able to do a good job caring for my patients and keeping complex histories and conditions better organized. I am better able to meet the increasing government requirements of reporting and tracking without that interfering as much with the doctor patient relationship. Praxis allows me see what I want to see each time I see a patient for a given condition. Because of the use of discreet data, and the freedom for me to easily select what I want to see without having to hire a programmer to do it for me. Example: for my patients with hypertension, I have trained praxis to print the last 3 Blood pressures recorded on the note. For the diabetics, I list their last several A1c results, their urine for microalbumen and EGFR For patients on meds for hyperlipidemia, I have it extract the last 3 lipid profiles, For thyroid patients, I pull the last several TSH values, and for Obese patients, I can show the last weights. If I want to see what medications I have tried for treating their depression, everything is listed since I started using the program, and a quick click on a box takes me to the encounter for that date. Each physician or provider has their own unique way of doing things, so instead of having to agree on the templates that we want to use or have written for us, each of has our own and yet we can share what we have done with others, and if they want to use what we saved, they can easily import it, or just look and decide to do it their way. The program has recently complied with new regulations so we have just received our own secure email so we can receive or send information to other providers with other platforms once those programs catch up to Praxis. The assessments are so easy to create, that when I have a patient with unique needs, that I know I will need to create the same unusual lab order in the future, I can easily create a lab order that will be saved as "KNOWLEDGE" that could be specific for that patient to recall it in the future. I can name these assessments whatever I want to since the assessment names are for my eyes only. I do vasectomies, and the initial consultation complete with handouts is all part of one assessment, and the assessment for the actual procedure, creates the note, which is there for me to change anything but can also include any post op medications and instructions all as part of that assessment. It would be painful for me to go to a template EMR
ProsUnlike other EMR programs that require you to create templates and spend a lot of time clicking, praxis works on a unit of though concept. Anything you want to do repetitively you can easily "save with knowledge" while working with a live patient and that information will be there for you to use in the future. This can be as simple as saving an order for compression hose for a patient to use the next time I need to use it, or as complex as having the program query my lab database to present the last several labs that apply to each of their chronic conditions . Praxis also sorts your "units of though" you have saved by frequency of use, and it can help you find what you are looking for quickly in an unusual way for an EMR. If you start with a prescription, it will show you all of the "assessments (units of thought) that you have every used that prescription for. It also helps you remember the things that you might otherwise forget in an incidental visit. Any items such as have they had their flu shot? Did they get their pneumonia vaccine? Did you do the things you decided are best for the patient? Also when you combine several assessments on the same visit for the patient, they all appear in the same note and are not hidden on some other page or drop down menu, or in a sub note like many EMRs. Their support is quite remarkable. Anyone in the office can open a chat, and praxis is there within seconds to address the issue and record it to send to t
ConsSince praxis has been developed over decades with input from the physician users, rather than a team of programmers from a venture capital firm, it doesn't plug you into someone else's thought process. I could use the analogy of a word processing program. Anyone can open up "Word" and just type, but it can do so much more, that actually requires you to put a little effort into it. That can be annoying in word, but when you learn it, your horizons open up and you can do so much more. As I mentioned above, I purchased the program decades ago which included the upgrades over time. I had partners who didn't want to put the effort into using an EMR, so our office purchase another EMR. After just a short time the severe limitations of that program became apparent so they decided to subscribe to the EMR that our billing software company promoted and has bundled with an excellent accounts receivable program. That program also had severe limitations on what one could do. The training was very limited and I soon learned about template medicine. My partners finally realized that what they had in the Praxis program that they had not tried was far superior to these two programs. They discovered with a few hours of one on one training they already had a far superior program with Praxis. Praxis allows you to do your own queries if you are interested, or you can use the many already supplied, including those that are needed for reporting.
January 29, 2018
Keyvan S.
CEO and physican of the group
January 16, 2018

“Praxis EMR has made my office more efficient, allowed me to document better and faster than my peers”

OverallIt has made my office extremily efficient. It allowed me to document better, faster and provide better care for my patients. It has allowed my office to keep up with the regulations and the documentations necessary with the changes in the medicare payment model. It allowed my billing company to efficiently receive billing information electronically and start the billing process the same day the patient seen. It allowed me to be almost paperless by interfacing with imaging centers and laboratotries. I cannot say enought about this EMR, I dont know how we did without it in the past.
ProsThe use of Praxis is limited by your imagination. There is nothing that this EMR cannot do to make my practice easier. It has allowed me to provide better care to my patients, document better and keep up with the difficult regulations that are imposed on us. Support and training has been wonderfull and the team that administers this Praxis EMR company is caring and provide personal assitance. With every upgrade, the system gets better, faster and it is truely better than all the EMRs that my colleagues have. I always finish the notes when I am done seeing the patients and I have access to my notes anywhere as long as I have internet access. Many of my peers who do not have Praxis EMR are not able to finish their charting due to the inefficiency of their EMR system. With Praxis EMR, the more I use it, the faster and more efficient it becomes for me to see patients. With its setup, it has allowed me to keep up with all the regulations and documentation necessary for all the insurance companies. Even my billing is faster and more efficient. I can go on and on about how wondefull this EMR is......
January 16, 2018
Steve M.
July 14, 2017

“Fantastic EMR”

OverallI couldn't even think of using an EMR that is a template based system. I've heard from doctors that use them, "then you can type in your own words on top of the templated documentation", and I say, "exactly, but why would I want to have to do that each and every time", with Praxis, you teach it once then it remembers it for ever, for example how I document a left medial knee steroid injection is learned by Praxis and I never have to enter the exam followed by the consent documentation followed by the procedure documentation followed by the followup instruction, again with Praxis "you teach it once and it remembers it forever". But beyond this (and this by it's self makes Praxis by far better than most EMR's, ) you can teach Praxis to remember specifics about the individual patient..."the cholecystectomy scar in Jim's right upper abdominal quadrant is well approximated and healed well"... and "Jim's left mid forearm shows a red and black sailors tattoo faded but still visible" ect ect. But to go even further, and this is where Praxis is far and above any other EMR out there is Praxis's "concept processor" ability to shine with the new Pay for Performance requirements. With Praxis, you teach it once and it remembers for ever in this case with "Datum +". With Medicare now requiring us to provide patient data for the Pay for Performance, it becomes easy to mine for any and all requirments. For example, Praxis can easily provide "all the Diabetics with A1c's 7.0 or less who are also on an ACE Inhibitor and have a LDL of 75 or less" and include the patients names, dob and any other data. This is all done automatically, without any extra work (or buttons to push).
ProsIt's not template, it learns from me and from my documentation (can you imagine what the Lawyers could say if my notes were simply a template and that everyone's progress note says the same, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on)
ConsIt takes some time to build up your progress notes, after that, documentation becomes a breeze and easy.
July 14, 2017
Ed C.
March 23, 2017

“Best of all the EMRs we have looked at”

OverallAny EMR, and we looked at many of them, will take a few months to adapt to. That will be the same with Praxis. As much as that was a stress and slowed us down for a few weeks, we would never go back to paper nor have we ever seen a system that would be better for us than Praxis. One thing that impressed us was that Dr. Low, founder of the company, got involved personally when we were trying to make some adaptations to make Praxis better fit our practice. He is very much hands on and will do whatever is necessary to be sure you have a positive experience and a system that will work for you and your patients. Look at as many EMRs as you can and carefully chose the one that best fits you and your practice style. Don't make that choice lightly.
ProsThe system produces a document that reads very much like one you would dictate. It is very easy to customize and alter the "template" as often as necessary. Each clinician can have their own "template". The sentences show up grayed out and you simply click on the ones you want to include in the note. No drop down boxes to navigate. Chart review is easy, although it will be nice when you can open multiple windows at once side by side to compare visits or labs. The system has not slowed us down significantly compared to dictating. You can set up different physical exam templates so that follow up visits have a different set of choices than new patient visits. Our specialty is sleep medicine so we have not used the system to pull in labs, send out prescriptions or order tests, make follow up appointments, etc. One very nice feature is that you can set up the "templates" so that you can have an MA go in and basically read through the history "template" and click on the relevant bits. The clinician can come in, review it with the patient, and the history is complete and documented. All the clinician needs to do is click through the exam, click on an assessment and the plan and you are done. This allows you to complete the chart while you are there with the patient and go on to the next one. Praxis also makes it easy to review the charts of the mid-level providers (NPs and PAs) and sign off on them as their supervisor.
ConsNot much in the way of Cons, just things to consider in looking at Praxis. A great deal of time will be necessary to put the "templates" together and modify them to your liking. It is time well spent to get it set up as close to perfect as possible. The process is simple. We just dictated our normal history and assessments into a Word doc, cut and pasted into the Praxis "template" and modified them a bit as time went along. It is time consuming but simple. The trainers are very good and can walk you through that. If you have a practice where the history and PE are fairly different and nuanced from one patient to another, neurology would be an example, this process will be somewhat more complex. You can dictate into the history section if you prefer to do that. The downside of doing that is that you cannot complete the chart in the room.
March 23, 2017
Frederick M.
August 5, 2019

“Updated Praxis Review”

OverallBeing a direct primary care practice, Praxis allowed great flexibility with documentation with the practice.
ProsSoftware adapts each time you use it, learning from each note. Very attentive customer support. User friendly and intuitive. Personalized notes without templates. Great for DPC practices who don't need practice management software.
ConsI can't think of any negatives, it works well across all types of practices.
August 5, 2019
Joshua B.
January 22, 2018

“I don't have to do any progress notes when I go home after work”

OverallI finish my work quickly and I don't to work at home any more with this system. I don't ever want to give up using Praxis. I had to change from a pure template system where I could never finish my notes until I got home. Soapware was my old system.
ProsThis is an assessment-based EMR that works for the physician who needs to document the encounter. I built up my assessments and at this point, I finish my notes very rapidly and the notes are of very high quality. The system is easy to add orders and can be customized easily. I use the "agent" function to send orders and messages throughout our work flow. This system interfaces with my local lab so my office staff are never manually scanning in paper copies of lab work. I was thrilled to note how fast my remote connection functions with Praxis, even though I don't have the fastest internet. This is not a template system, which is great. Prescribing drugs through the e-prescribe function works well and is easy to use.
ConsI don't have a lot to say from a negative perspective. My server is housed off-site, for cyper-security reasons. We did have irregular internet problem for a period of time, which meant that we did not have access to our records. I simply had my IT team get a firewall that could handle two internet sources. I have two internet suppliers and I always have access to my remote server and Praxis. Easy solution.
January 22, 2018
Philip O.
October 16, 2019

“Excellent product, outstanding support”

OverallExcellent. Fair pricing, excellent support, an EMR that allows flexibility and efficiency that I don't believe others can match.
ProsThis software allows the user to create documents in his/her own style and language, essentially re-usable for other patients with the same medical problem, and modifiable for patients who are similar but with some differences, greatly reducing the time it would otherwise take to create a whole new document from scratch. The documents can be built in a way that conveys meaningful information to the reader without sacrificing the requirements of third party payers, and in words and phrases that allow me to express precisely what I want to say without being locked into a computer programmer's verbage. The support has been outstanding from not only the Trainers but from the engineers and server support staff as well.
ConsI have not found any consistently negative features.
October 16, 2019
John J.
Medical Director
October 5, 2017

“Awesomely pro-physician in meeting ever increasingly complex bureaucratic hoops.”

OverallAs a solo primary care office and hospital Family Practice physician I work hard to make use of all the exceptional features available in both setting with this amazing software. That is why I rely so heavily on InforMeds exceptional training staff. I can manage my patients from the mountains, beach and even when a locum tenems is covering my practice in an emergency as long as I have internet access to connect to Praxis.
ProsI have got to put in kudos to InfoMed for my Praxis EMR. I have no complaints about the support I have received as I completed my meaningful use Years 1-5 2010-2014 to earn my CMS incentive for early adoption. I have been waiting for approval for MIPS participation through the new 7th version for the new v 7 Praxis which was release and certified by for meaningful use a few weeks ago. 2018 will be our year to institute surface pro tablets for each provider and nurse to make us mobile in the hospital as well as in the office. Again I compliment Praxis for allowing me to capture all my charges at point of service, keeping my documentation bulletproof from retrospective level of service audits, streamline and update my maintenance of quality indicators and permitting to hyperlink my reference sites with my patients. I will now begin using the multiple diagnosis global assessments to streamline my documentation even further. Onward and upward. Thank you, InfoMed!
October 5, 2017
Steve E.
January 11, 2018

“Praxis is the by far the best, most intuitive EMR I've ever used.”

ProsWe transitioned to Praxis one year ago and the implementation was surprisingly smooth. Once Praxis begins to learn you and you continue to save more notes, charting begins to simply take care of itself. Where I used to be in the office until 7:00 or later charting, I now often leave the office at 5:30 with all my charts, phone calls, refills, etc... done. Since Praxis doesn't require you to click through templates, I get to spend the visit with the patient making eye contact not stuck behind a computer. Reimbursements continue to become more and more value based. Praxis easily helps you make sure you are hitting your benchmarks with the documentation to back it up. By utilizing a practice management solution that typically partners with Praxis, we are working on essentially automating the billing process. The ultimate EMR would be one that, when it is working at it's best, you would barely know that it was there. Instead you simply find yourself practicing medicine with a tool helping you do so efficiently and with excellence. In my experience Praxis is the only EMR that begins to fill that goal.
ConsNo EMR is perfect. Praxis has been beyond responsive to our requests for improvements. They are driven by the users and creating the best experience possible. It has been refreshing to have a software company listen to our concerns as opposed to telling what we want.
January 11, 2018
Donald K.
MD Owner
July 31, 2019

“User friendly Non-template EMR”

OverallI have used Praxis for over 15 years and watched it develop through improvements suggested by clinicians. Other EMRs seem to evolve from Administrator perspectives rather than clinician needs. Support is amazing: rapid and effective.
ProsThe progress notes are in my words with no "template language." The program flows in a clinic way without multiple non-intuitive clicking steps. Impressive support staff with any problems fixed on-line while I continue to see patients. I love the way the system saves individual patients unique findings so I don't have to rewrite them each visit. New medical knowlege which will also be saved can be incorporated or modified and saved easily on the fly.
ConsI wish they had a hospital version for my hospitalist work.
July 31, 2019
Maria M.
Family Physician/ Clinic Owner
June 16, 2017

“Praxis is an Excellent EMR”

OverallI am SO happy that I chose Praxis for my EMR. It is one of the best decisions that I made for my practice. I HIGHLY recommend it!!!!!
ProsAs a clinician, what I really, really like about Praxis is the way I can chart in my own style and words, without a rigid template being forced upon me. It allows me to document various types of clinic visits exactly the way that I would like to, and its concept processor allows me to build a library of knowledge as I chart patients which I can pull from for future applicable cases. It helps me be more thorough, careful and accurate in my documentation, and helps me chart faster, too! Praxis helps me be a better doctor. Another fabulous aspect of Praxis is their EXCELLENT customer service, by far the BEST that I had experienced when I was looking around for an EMR for my practice and has remained great since I've gone ahead and signed on with Praxis. Everyone that I have encountered on their team - my sales representative, the administrative staff, the implementation managers, my trainer, and Dr.Low himself, are all so professional, nice, helpful and knowledgeable. They are consistently prompt in getting back to me whenever I have any questions. They have consistently made me feel valued and supported as a client, and I appreciate that very much. Having Praxis makes transitioning to and having an EMR, which I thought would be a stressful and problematic experience, actually very enjoyable.
June 16, 2017
Medical Practice, 5001-10,000 employees
March 31, 2019

“Praxis EMR Reviews ”

OverallOverall, a great EMR has a very user-friendly interface. May require a fair amount of time up front to set it up to your own liking, as it has a smaller amount of templates compared to larger EMR. Would still recommend to all! Would like to see more continual upgrades and improvements as more people begin to use Praxis!
ProsFor someone who has always used other EMRs, Praxis was a nice change of pace with a very clean and user-friendly interface. After a few days of using Praxis, I found it very easy to follow and was organized in a manner that helped save me time and effort during my workday. Has some great features that automatically trigger warnings and best practice advisories depending on the patient's conditions in a given chart, which help remind a worker not to miss key parts of their patient's healthcare. Charting is fairly simple to achieve on this EMR!
ConsComing from a separate EMR, I initially was looking for specific features I am used to in my own EMR. Took a few days to get used to the new system as some items are not as organized as I would have liked. Additionally, as a smaller EMR, there has been fewer upgrades and changes as compared to larger EMRs. In that same vein, the notes templates are not as vast so it took a fair amount of time to set up each template per encounter.

By Infor*Med on August 7, 2019
This review is from a non-customer.
March 31, 2019
Edwin C.
Medical Director
June 2, 2017

“Excellent System. We would never go back to paper.”

OverallIt allowed us to have notes that "sounded like us", not like some robot. It is easy to change the "templates" as we go along. It gives us more complete notes.
ProsWe looked at most every large vendor system and all had the same limitation, you had to use templates so the notes sounded stilted or were simply unreadable. With Praxis our notes read as though we dictated them. They flow well and convey information in the way we think. Creating your own templates will take some time but you can modify them as you work. No need to call IT or tech support. You can dictate into the system as well, I think, but we never have done that. The trainers learned our practice style, a bit about our specialty (Sleep Medicine) and we decided to set the system up differently than is normally done. It worked great and Praxis software is flexible enough that we could do that. Most importantly, once we were up and running it didn't really slow us down. It also made for more complete notes. The query bit makes it easy to search your patient base when you are doing the Performance Improvement projects that the ACOs require.
A. John T.
Family Physician
November 4, 2018

“My Ten Years With Praxis”

OverallGreat affordable and functional software and it has worked rather well with Total MD which happens to be my practice management software. The bridge has worked out fine.
ProsI have been using Praxis ever since I left a hospital practice to start one on my own! The time consuming part is to make the templates personally for the common conditions I see on a regular basis. But once that is done in the future we use those templates or notes and exam notes as well as usual prescriptions for the condition, etc. over and over and it is my own work and not where I have to use someone else's format of notes! I have remained older fashioned and kept the software on servers in house. I see most people these days use it in the cloud. It has evolved over the years and has been an integral part of keeping my practice profitable and successful! I do recommend it for physicians in multiple specialties!!
ConsI always wish for more speed but that is a function of the computers and the servers and I do need to upgrade the server I have it running on but otherwise it has been a great asset!!!
November 4, 2018
Philip O.
Cardiologist
March 27, 2018

“I've been extremely please with this producet”

Overallease of use, flexibility, great support
ProsI have found this to be a true thinking person's software. Rather than being fed a template created by someone else, the user actually creates his/her own template for differenet assessments and modifies it continually over time. In only a few months, and with excellent training support, I've found the software to already have become not just easy to use but remarkably, sometimes amazingly, predictive. I often find myself shocked at the completeness of an assessment for a new patient, and all in my own words. The support has been amazing, from the initial interaction with the Sales Force, to the Training Sessions, to the Interface Team. I don't remember ever meeting a team, in any field, that was as available, as knowledgeable, or as supportive as this one. Everyone with whom I've had contact seems to have a genuine interest in the product, and in helping me to be successful in its use. In a world where physicians are increasingly inconvenienced, it's a breath of fresh air to interact with a well-thought-out product and with a group of people who are so kind, so well-informed, and so diligent. I have no reservation in recommending this product
ConsNothing .
March 27, 2018
Dr Catherine C.
Solo physician-Internal Medicine
January 14, 2018

“Great EHR that I am able to customize to fit to my practice. ”

ProsPraxis has a Concept Processor model that allows you to make your own template for problems thereby reminding me to order the appropriate tests for a specific problem. I am able to change this as time goes by. This is what attracted me to this EHR. I researched several EHR companies finally deciding on Praxis. I wanted a company that was stable and was going to be around for the future . I also wanted a program that would have the ability to change to meet the requirements of the government or physicians. Because of the government, new burdens are placed on us every year and I feel that Praxis rises up to the challenge. I started off with my own server in my office and now I am using the cloud server. Customer service is very fast and prompt. The price I feel is reasonable. No EHR is perfect but I feel that Praxis fits almost of all of my EHR needs.
ConsEHR's are never fast enough, but Praxis does a good job in keeping up with me. I am sure every EHR user feels the same way.
January 14, 2018
Muhammad M.
May 30, 2017

“I had Praxis since I opened my practice. It allows me to use EMR the way I wanted. ”

OverallMade it easier to chart.
ProsI am able to use it the way I want. I don't have to rely on templates. If I want to change the prepopulated information I need not to ask any tech support and can do it myself. My partners don't have to use my settings and template and can do their own changes. I am able to chart a level 4 follow up in less then 3-4 minutes while talking to patient. New patient may be 15 minutes while with patient and 7-8 minutes if I do it afterwards. Even if I don't have a medical assistant and I have to take patient back myself doing all the vital signs, I can still do a follow up in 5 -6 minutes. New patient information will take longer.
ConsWhen praxis first comes it is completely blank, it will take you 18 -20 hours to create all templates. If you want you may import any other Physician's templates and thst will make it easier. However this is the way you get to create it the way you like. This also allows you to know how Praxis works so I recommend that you do take this time.
Badar A.
Physician in Private Practice
January 25, 2018

“I have been a long term user and have enjoyed using it over the past 15 years”

ProsPraxis uses concept processor in place of templates which makes my notes unique and my own. I do things the way I like to do rather than following someone else templates. Once you grasp the basics the whole process becomes intuitive and very easy to follow. Praxis has kept up with changing CMS regulations and for end users that makes it very easy to meet the quality measures required by insurance companies. I have been very satisfied with Praxis over the years and find it to be a great EMR
ConsI am a very satisfied user of Praxis and really can't think of any downside to this software. I use other EMRs in the hospitals and find them to be rather limited in view of their template format which forces you to comply with someone else thought process in filling out the template format. You end up spending a lot of time typing free text every time you want to record your own unique thought process - not so wit Praxis!
January 25, 2018
Ray C.
August 8, 2019

“Why would anyone use something else”

OverallI see my colleagues using other EMR's (names withheld) who now go to work at 5:30am and 6:00am every day just to finish the charting from the previous day. I walk out of the room and 3 min later my note is done, printed, orders ready to fax to surgery center, and consults ready to go to PCP. What more do I need?
ProsIt is easier than a paper chart and my work flow has never had to change. It is absolutely intuitive. It leverages the power of the computer against the mind of the clinician. No EMR is going to make me a better doctor or make money that I don't earn. But, Praxis allows me to document what I do without extra work.
ConsThe only drawback is that the government bureaucrats try to screw everything up. But, Praxis works hard to keep doctors doctors and giving the bean counters what they want without extra work from me.
August 8, 2019
Roger Ven T.
Physician, President
June 22, 2019

“PRAXIS”

OverallIt allows me to mirror my trend of thoughts. Instantly incorporate guidelines and recommendations for a particular issue or diagnosis. Studies have shown that for every hour spent on patient encounter 2 hours is spent on documenting. This process is eliminated. While most my associates have cut back on their encounters due to their current softwares. Mine increased by at least 30%.
ProsPraxis is excellent and gets exponentially better with time. I've expectedly eliminated the need for transcription since 2000. I've minimized almost completely eliminated faxes via escript. Saved thousands of dollars a month on renting space for paper charts . Been chartless since 2006.
ConsPraxis learns from you as you use it so if you don't like customization and AI then go find a standardized template system. The Praxis trainers and the direct hands on involvement of the Praxis executive team, not to mention the Praxis users support group make the difference.
June 22, 2019
Michael G.
physician
February 6, 2018

“Praxis gives me the tools to practice more efficiently, and record my notes more easily.”

ProsPraxis keeps getting better the more I use it. It is amazing how it adjusts to my practice. Instead of being stuck with somebody else's EMR templates, Praxis learns from how I use it. With each patient encounter, Praxis learns how I approach each diagnosis and uses this with future encounters on other patients. Documenting visits, ordering tests, generating letters and handouts, prescribing meds, complying with Medicare requirements all done easily with Praxis.
ConsThere is some time needed at the beginning to set up this EMR so it works optimally for each provider, but this investment in time is worth every minute, because forever after the program works just the way you want it to. After the initial start up, Praxis keeps learning from each encounter, so using it gets easier and the tools more powerful the more you use it.
February 6, 2018
Daniel S.
Medical Practice, Self-employed
June 2, 2019

“Best for customization”

OverallThe training is excellent and they are always available to help you problem solve. Instead of a monthly fee forever, they arrange financing so the monthly "fee" is paying off the program over time. Once you own it, you own it for life, only paying a small fee if you want it in the cloud.
ProsPraxis is one of the most customizable EMRs but more than that, the more you use it the more powerful it becomes as you learn how to maximize the capabilities. Everything you enter into your chart is effectively tagged so that it comes up when you need it. An "Assessment" is a group of concepts that allow you to store ICD10 codes, pertinent positives and negatives in the history and PE, Rx's, lab/imaging orders, handouts, etc. so that when someone comes in with the same complaint in the future it is all there for you. And you can fine tune it so that you have an assessment that is as specific as you want or a differential. You write all the text so it is in your own words.
ConsI love the software but you have to be willing to put the time in at the beginning to learn and enter your basic charting. Once you are up and running it gets better and better the more you use it.
June 2, 2019
Julito U.
Physician owner
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
October 27, 2018

“Finally, a software that helps my clinic productivity”

OverallThis is my third software in four years. The first one (HF) was alright but technical support was horrible and took us months to get acquainted with the software. The next one (CM) had good technical support but was so slow. We changed our internet connection to fiberoptic and added a SAT drive to all our computers but to no avail. I was spending at least 30 minutes to complete a progress notes and I found every minute of my working hours hurrying to complete clinic notes which I always fail to complete on time. Currently on our fourth week with Praxis, things are looking good. Charts are being completed on time and I found free time to attend to other clinic duties. I have not read the operational manual yet which I am planning to do but I think at this point, I finally found a great software for my Urgent care/Primary care practice.
ProsAfter the first week of use, I can complete my clinic notes within 5 minutes with a document that fully satisfy coding criteria and confident that what is documented truly reflects the events and findings of the visit. There are clinic progress notes that I can complete in less than one minute. Truly amazing.
ConsCreating a knowledge base or series of modifiable templates is simple and easy but is not something that doctors do everyday. There is a learning curve that could get challenging. However, Praxis has plenty of training sessions online and real time support persons that guided me and my staff in every questions that we have. An actual training with the software in person by a trainor was also a big help. During the second week of use, the clinic is going good.
October 27, 2018
david E.
Practitioner
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
March 15, 2017

“Praxis Review”

OverallI've been using Praxis for a year. It's a pretty awesome program. The design allows docs to build templates on the fly and reuse the same templates and modify them for each patient. The templates and modifications can be saved as new templates and pulled up based on assessments. If you've got a patient with multiple assessments, then pull up one or more of the completed templates and build a report as a collection of templates. For instance if someone has elevated homocysteine, then once you've built a template for this assessment, each time another case has this imbalance, the full template can be pulled in containing diagnosis codes, patient educational info, recommended diet and lifestyle changes, meds or supplements and description of the condition. Write it once and it's there whenever you need it again.
ProsEasy template use, smart software, great customer support.
ConsI'm waiting for patient portal for patients to fill out history online, to be incorporated directly into chart so that no manual entries will be required for this step. It's a feature that is in the pipeline and should speed up the patient management and reporting considerably.
March 15, 2017
Robert C.
MD.
May 29, 2017

“The more you use PRAXIS the speed of the program accelerates as it learns your thought patterns.”

ProsThe program has a Conceptual processor (not templates) which is extremely flexible, quick and this makes PRAXIS unique when compared to all other EMR's. Having used templates before it is an easy start but as the data is placed in the template EMR it becomes cumbersome, slower and more difficult to use. PRAXIS self learns your practice patterns and improves with time. After 16 years of using PRAXIS I still make daily micro improvements to my knowledge base as medicine changes. I go to an OB/GYN conference and learn a new treatment and at home I create a new virtual patient for my data base and throw away my notes.
May 29, 2017
Robert C.
August 29, 2016

“PRAXIS IS EXCELLENT!”

ProsThe evolution of PRAXIS is physician directed and this is the key point. This is why PRAXIS "Kicks Ass" (please excuse the vulgarity) on all physician EMR surveys. The program has a Conceptual processor (not templates) which is extremely flexible, quick and this makes PRAXIS unique when compared to all other EMR's. Having used templates before, templates are an easy start but as the data is placed in the template EMR it becomes cumbersome, slower and more difficult to use. PRAXIS self learns your practice patterns and improves with time. After 15 years of using PRAXIS I still make daily micro improvements to my knowledge base as medicine changes.
ConsTo find the ideal EMR is like looking for the Holy Grail you will never find it! There is no perfect EMR and they all have some problems and I have looked at many.
Recommendations to other buyersThe more you use PRAXIS the speed of the program accelerates as it learns your thought patterns and I call it my personal neural network. Learning PRAXIS is similar to playing a musical instrument; difficult at first then it becomes a pleasure.
August 29, 2016
Donald D.
Partner
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
July 11, 2016

“Hind sight is perfect”

OverallI was in a 2 partner practice and used praxis for 14 years. However I "gave up the ship" of private practice and was forced to switch from Praxis to one of the largest and supposed best EMR's. After one year of use, I still want to take a hammer to the computer. It is so onerous and counter intuitive. I am defiantly working an hour a day more to see the same number of patients, and have a much less impressive note
ProsI could make the program produce notes exactly the way I want them to look. Very intuitive
ConsThat I am no longer using it. My previous negative review would be that it took a good bit of time to set up and learn Praxis, but boy was I wrong.
Recommendations to other buyersDefiantly a product worth considering
July 11, 2016
Daryoush K.
CEO/CMO
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
September 27, 2017

“Solution for Clinical and Organizational Compliance and Excellent Service Delivery”

OverallI recommend Praxis EMR to any practice looking for a solution that can be customized to fit your practice and the way you want to work - not dictated by preset templates.
ProsWe were searching for an adaptable system that could be tailored to our practice and our procedures. Praxis EMR has proven to be that system. We were able to create Practice Advisories which target every aspect of Clinical Measures we wish to track.
ConsIt would be great if the system could know what I am thinking - it almost feels like it does already. I simply wish we had found Praxis EMR sooner.
September 27, 2017
Clayton R.
December 30, 2013

“I have used it in clinical practice since its inception.”

ProsIt is a complete EHR that produces SOAP notes rapidly, using the non-template concept processor. It stores information in a relational database, so all results are accessible to the SQL query process. That, combined with its extensive set of practice advisories, allows the program to conform with Medicare's Meaningful Use requirements. It has a query builder, so I can build my own queries but it also has a data miner - a set of pre-made queries that satisfies the Meaningful Use criteria (so I don't have to create queries if I don't want to). The practice advisories (aka Clinical Practice Guidelines) act as a Clinical Decision Support System. The dynamic fields feature holds special information about individual patients, such as Preferred Language and Smoking status. The Knowledge Exchanger allows one user to benefit from the work of another user by transmitting the database of the other user to be imported into the first user's EMR environment.
ConsThere is not much to dislike about this program. It has been on the market for 20 years. Its development has kept up with all the requirements for a user-friendly EMR that is highly adaptable to different types of practices.
Recommendations to other buyersLearn how the concept processor works by viewing the demo and reading any publications you can find that explain how a software can work without being a template. Look at the ePrescribing feature, which can save considerable time and avoid errors of hand writing and transcription.
December 30, 2013
Wesley B.
November 18, 2013

“10-year Praxis user - I like its efficiency of documentation”

ProsI like Praxis' efficiency of documentation and that each encounter looks exactly the way I want it to look for each patient rather than like I just checked off an information sheet. Upgrades are online and mostly automatic, and I've always had good vendor response to questions. Praxis remembers how I want to document and manage each kind of diagnosis (I teach it what I like) for future encounters. It does seamless integration of any combination of different diagnoses into the same encounter note better than any other EMR I have seen (e.g. - keeping track of differing body-part findings). It remembers how I describe any unique chronic findings for each patient, so I don't have to re-enter them each time. It can do flowcharts, user-defined variables, health maintenance reminders (including customized chronic-disease actions I want for each patient), lab and e-prescribing integrations, and situationally-triggered reminders and reports to myself and others on the health care team. (If you find that confusing at first, just don'ÃÂt use the fancy stuff until you'ÃÂre ready. Basic encounter-documenting is easy.)
ConsNo dislikes (but I have only tried several other products I didn't like as well in other facilities)
Recommendations to other buyersBe sure in advance that you have an adequate software & hardware platform to run it properly, because this is robust software and will only work as well as the system you run it on. Always back up data before any changes or upgrades.
November 18, 2013
physician owner
May 30, 2017

“I am a 15 year long user of Praxis and would not change to a new product!”

OverallThis software makes my life as a clinician vastly easier. Quality clinic notes that meet industry guidelines and are not just clones of previous notes, like many software products on the market
ProsThis is the most versatile software on the market. Great company with people very invested in making their software the best. The most responsive people I have ever worked with!
ConsI wish I started my medical career with Praxis. I would have made everything so much easier. The time it takes to make it your own is really worth it!
Edward G.
May 21, 2017

“Very versatile and user friendly software”

OverallAllows me to practice the way I want too
ProsEliminates the hassles of documentation. I can document a new patient encounter in under 30 seconds. I don't have to keep n changing screens. Can set up my PA and ARNP to practice the way I do.
Consseamless integration with our billing software. They are working on a patient kiosk to help eliminate paper. Can use instant medical history to help patients do H&P. Hopefully, one-day EMR's will have all options combined.

By Infor*Med on June 22, 2017
The Praxis Portal is here!
May 21, 2017
July 20, 2014

“EMR review”

OverallExcellent product. Praxis allows me too; 1. document exactly like I want to (i.e. I don't fit my thoughts into the templated words of the EMR but the EMR documents my thoughts, my words...exactly without compromise). 2. quick, (i.e.. Praxis can be taught in one key stroke to document a "steroid injection into the left knee using a medial approach" as opposed to the right knee using a lateral approach. 3. efficient, (i.e. Praxis "learns", and once learned, Praxis remembers forever. In the above steroid injection you will never again have to dictate or type the document again and it will also be easy to teach Praxis a right knee procedure with only a few word changes. 4. practical. Praxis will pay for it self within a few months based on paying for dictation 5. liability protection. The hospital that I admit my patients too has an EMR that all doctors are to use. My problem not only is the above (the time and keys that I must use to document a knee steroid injection for example is unbelievable, without a way of teaching it my words for the procedure, infact the words that I must use are the same that all the other doctors use. How silly will I look to a jury when the documentation not only are not my words but the exact same words as someone else 6. Medicare qualified. Praxis (as does other EMR's) assists in meeting the new requirements, but unlike other EMR's offers meeting those requirements simple 7. Physician centered. Unlike other EMR's, Praxis looks at documentation the same way that we think clinically then allows us to document it the way the Insurance wants it done (opposed to the other way around) 8. uncompromised. Praxis allow uncompromised documentation in my words with full support and help at any time
July 20, 2014
Nilvio A.
Self Employed, Professor Med Schoolnad Head of Enthalpy/AntiEntroppy Lab.
Medical Practice, 1001-5000 employees
November 1, 2016

“Do your medicine your way with Praxis.”

OverallI have been using Infor-med Praxis EMR since 1990 because it was not template based, and Medicine being an art, has a nuances of personalily in the way you document your work which is not possible wih templates. The learning curve was no easy because the Concept Procesor was something I never heard off. After a couple of weeks i began to imput cases with amazing expediency and precision. One thing you must do with Praxis before anything else, or be done by your staff, is to input the demographics of your practice. Nothing will work well if the demographics are not in first. It also helps to have a Virtual Review of Systems as large as possible y and the most ample signs and symptons collected form various sources. If you do these, you will only have to type one or two letters to get the appropiate word you need instead of the whole word.
ProsAlways up to date with regulations. Hence you get paid faster and get no records returned for corrections. The 3 concomittant clocks (Arrival to Office), Time spent in the examining room for the doctor and theime spent with the doctor allowes you too fix and change the flow of patients in the office. Crystaline clear documentation that protects you in case of malpractice. Faster and more patient flow since you can interact with the patient and not only a screen and keyboad. Pts. hate that impersonal interaccion. Several integrated complementary subsystems that do not permite you to miss the input
ConsLearning curve can be reduced by having the staff impunt the statistics while the system is set up so you can begin imputing patients since day one.
Recommendations to other buyersWhat are they waiting for to get it?
November 1, 2016
Russ E.
May 23, 2019

“Praxis review”

OverallVery good. I wouldn't have been using it since starting my practice 15 years ago if it were not very good.
ProsVery fast and adaptable. Have used it for 15 years now. It does NOT use cut-and-paste templates which I have used in other offices. Every time you do a note, you improve, so the next note will be faster.
ConsNone so far because you don't use templates.
May 23, 2019
shubir s.
January 31, 2019

“Praxis is a great EMR”

ProsI am a cardiologist and have been using Praxis since the fall of 2017. It works really well, there is no cutting or pasting, it learns from your style of charting and becomes faster as you use it. It is easy to use. My typing skills are not so fast and it works really well with Dragon speech software. We have not had any significant down time without Praxis in the office.
ConsNothing so far, will post if anything comes up. Their support team is very quick to respond and easy to reach.
January 31, 2019
Donald K.
physical / owner
July 10, 2017

“Actually fun to use”

OverallI have used two other EMR systems and they were frustrating at best; dangerous for the patient at worst.
ProsThis EMR was obviously designed by a physician. There is no mindless clicking. The system works like a doctor thinks and not like the billing department''s mentality. The medical memory produces most of the necessary note. The system also remembers the individual patient's individual exam so I don't have to re-create chronic findings for each visit. I use Praxis seamlessly with Dragon naturally speaking. Support for the EMR has been magnificent with them taking over fixing any problems in the background while I continue to see patients.
ConsNo significant cons for Praxis EMR. I am eagerly awaiting their next conversion and to see what they have added.
July 10, 2017
Amie N.
February 13, 2018

“Praxis EMR - Pain Management Use ”

ProsEasy Navigation - our provider did not purchase X-Link so we had to manually enter all data, even with that it was very user friendly and not as big of a hassle as we originally thought. Easy Implementation - it is so user friendly that it was easy to jump right in and start using for our practice, made daily operations so much easier! Learns you as you use it, which makes our providers job easier when it comes to seeing patients and dictating charts
ConsHave not found any as of today, even with having to manually enter patients and set up the schedule for upcoming months it was a simpler transition than we thought
February 13, 2018
Michael S.
June 2, 2017

“Best software I have seen/used”

OverallIt has helped me adequately document the services I provide patients. I can see important history and events for my patients without wading through a thick chart.
ProsMost versatile. Can customize it to any type of practice. Can use cloud or local server. Easy to learn and set up.
ConsIt can't do my taxes! It can't read my mind. It isn't freeware. It still requires computer knowledge.
Jeff B.
July 22, 2014

“Praxis EMR is the best decision I've made.”

ProsPraxis is a system that allows me to practice medicine and chart fast. I looked at everybody as far as EHR vendors, and I mean everybody. I chose the best system for my clinic's needs based on Praxis' ability to chart and finish complex notes quickly and to grow with me as my needs change. It is a system that learns from me as I am practicing, instead of making me try to learn from it. Praxis has been absolutely great overall and has been the best decision I've made for the clinic. My favorite part of using Praxis is it' 100% customizability. It's easy to use when I'm in front of patients, and this makes my day much easier.
ConsThere's not a lot to take away from Praxis. No system is perfect, but the more I use Praxis, the better it works for me, and the more it helps my clinic.
Recommendations to other buyersBe careful of all-in-one vendors that say 'yes' to everything. As I looked at the various companies (I personally looked at five billing/EHR companies), I found a few things in common. They all say they have everything. Also, they all have the same features really. Their EHRs are all similar with structured templates and drop-down menus and lists. I had seen similar EHRs through the hospital systems and have found them quite difficult to use. I recommend you choose the best EHR for your needs when seeing patients and that you see yourself using every day.
July 22, 2014
John D.
physician
February 16, 2019

“Praxis EMR”

OverallAwesome!
Pros1. Fast speed 2. Thorough documentation 3. Captures Point of Care POC charges 4. Reflects my thought process for complexity of medical decision making
ConsOnly con is that the documentation completeness continually supports a 99214 or 99215 which stands up to any chart review.
February 16, 2019
Steve R.
Consultant
July 18, 2016

“Fastest and most flexible EMR on the market!”

ProsSpeed! The Praxis "Concept Processor" charting engine learns the way you think, which enables you to chart with high levels of speed AND quality in ways that template-based EMRs simply can't. Praxis also helps you practice better medicine.
ConsI have no complaints about this product. Praxis is a diamond in the rough of the otherwise template-based EMR wasteland.
Recommendations to other buyersTalk to longtime users. There is a learning curve with Praxis and like many things in life, you have to put the time and effort into it to reap the rewards. This software literally transfers the doctor's brain into the computer. This process is slow at first but speeds up over time as Praxis learns the way you think. If you're looking for a system that's quick to learn, but not all that sophisticated then go with a template-based EMR.
July 18, 2016
Margaret L.
March 21, 2014

“Great for providers and support staff”

ProsI am the office manager of a neurology practice that is using Praxis, and we really love it! I would say one of the things we like best is the automation. We currently have four providers that are part-time but have very full patient loads, and if it weren't for Praxis, I don't know how we'd get everything done. We have used Praxis since 2008, and now it understands exactly how our clinic works. It gets faster as you use it so we have seen more patients every year since we purchased it.
ConsI can't think of any real negatives; Praxis has really saved our practice. We did have trouble with our old billing system, but Praxis works with any billing, so they helped us choose another, and the office has been running great since then. I like that Praxis works with our billing behind the scenes.
Recommendations to other buyersI remember when we were looking for an EHR, I didn't understand what was different about Praxis at first. But when you have seen the EHRs used by our hospital and all of the systems that spit out huge long template patient notes, you will see that Praxis is really great. It is truly impressive. Look at some of the other systems out, and when starting, make sure to have time for training. You need training because Praxis learns the way you do things, and you need to spend time to teach it; training is included and it's so worth it.
March 21, 2014
Edward G.
March 14, 2017

“Once fully customized able to see patients with minimal charting effort”

ProsIt allows me to work on the fly, not dependent on templates and rigid confines. very versaversetile product, very stable good customer service
ConsI hate charting in general. i think this government guidelines are stupid and can't believe as doctors we have aloud this. Praxis helps
March 14, 2017
Russ E.
July 29, 2016

“Praxis utilization review ”

ProsIt's fast. I have used the program since graduating residency and never switched. I've been practicing now 13 years, and have been able to continually complete notes more and more quickly. I use other EMRs that are hospital and clinic-based, however, they are cumbersome and there is a lot of cut-and-paste. Not only is that not efficient, but I find I am much more likely to duplicate the wrong information into a patient's encounter note.
ConsNothing so far. As stated, I have used this in my primary practice, but have the opportunity to compare it with other EMR, and I find it superior.
Recommendations to other buyersLook for speed and accuracy; that's the key when you are growing a busy practice. Don't get bogged down.
July 29, 2016