CSI Spectrum Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About CSI Spectrum

CSI Spectrum is a flexible and scalable club management platform. This solution helps customers achieve high levels of operational efficiency, strong fiscal management, and increasingly engage their member communities. CSI Spectrum makes fitness membership management easy, helps execute your most ambitious business plans, and accomplish your most critical objectives. Learn more about CSI Spectrum

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2018

“Daxko Spectrum User for 13 years”

OverallOverall, we liked the software initially, but over time and as we grew and expanded as a company, it become more difficult to utilize the software as we needed. It required such a lengthy process to set up programs, events, scheduling, etc. that it truly was a waste of our time to even input these in Spectrum. Also, the front desk staff complained about the difficulty to use it on the front end in signing up members, etc.
ProsI liked the accounting side of the software as well as the reports that it offered. The accounting reports and overall reporting is great and provides a lot of detail for your company.
ConsIt is not easy to use on the front end and is very time consuming to set up each of the different features. Each feature requires so many different steps to just get it set up, and you have to set it up in 3 different modules. We didn't utilize all of the features due to the time consuming set up process. The system itself is very outdated as well and does not provide the ease of use that other fitness software companies provide. Some of the reports didn't work properly and were never fixed when we inquired about them.
October 9, 2018
September 12, 2019

“Can be buggy but gets the job done”

ProsI like that for the most part it is user friendly. Easy to learn, has lots of options.
ConsNeeds a bit of updating. Some characters will be off kilter and look wonky.

By CSI on September 23, 2019
Thank you for the review, we appreciate your insights!
September 12, 2019
Julie S.
Spa Front Desk Associate
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
February 11, 2019

“CSI has some advantages”

OverallCSI has pretty good functionality. It works well for most of our day to day tasks. I wish some aspects of it were more easily customizable and that client data was easier to track.
ProsCSI is great for managing schedules and has a good POS function.
ConsIt needs improvements in the ability to track different types of client data.

By CSI on February 21, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Julie!
February 11, 2019
Pablo P.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
March 16, 2018

“We switched to Daxko Spectrum on Dec 11 2017 and I'm sad to say, its been a huge dissappointment.”

OverallNone yet... but we hold out hope for something positive.
ProsThe sales and customer service staff are excellent people.. and its the only reason why we are still hanging in there.
ConsWe switched software not because we were unhappy but because we wanted more from our software. We were seeking an integrated solution with CRM, management/processing, reporting and mobile features from a single vendor. We went "live" with Daxko over 3 months ago and we still do not have our mobile app. The credit card updater was just activated.. it took 3 months?? Even though we're having our best YTD numbers... our cancellations are up because of members frustration due to losing the app / rewards feature. We submitted all of our requirements ahead of schedule and were told that all the features would be available on our Dec 11th 2017 go live date. The implementation did not start well and there have been many issues since.. for example Daxko is still trying to update the clock time within the software to Daylight savings.. I don't understand. I've been a gym owner for 13 years and I've never experienced this type of APATHY from company management. I'm actually shocked... embarrassed for the sales and service staff. Someone in management... "I am your customer.. Help me!" I'm more then willing to upgrade this review if they can make us whole again. Thank you
March 16, 2018
Britnee G.
Customer Service Representative
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
May 14, 2019

“This program keeps it simple”

ProsEverything is ver y user freely and doesn't take long at all to get the hang of the buttons. This program allows you to fully operate two screens with different functions at the same time.
ConsIm not sure if this problem occurs because we use it on two different computers but sometimes opening a POS window is difficult.

By CSI on May 15, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Britnee!
May 14, 2019
Molly G.
Sales
August 9, 2018

“They are no longer supporting this product with updates”

OverallSee above.
ProsI like absolutely nothing about this product.
ConsI've been working with CRM systems for 30 years and this is the most clunky product I have used! There are no intuitive processes and many things have to be manually done. For example, if you add a family member to an existing account, you have to manually add the billing. Same thing if the member goes on a medical leave. You enter the dates of the leave, but the system does not delete the dues for those months. Prospecting using the Prospect option is very poor. I'm used to having a more streamlined CRM for updating prospects. The APP is very unstable and scheduling pilates classes is very cumbersome. There are a myriad of issues with this product!
August 9, 2018
Kim G.
Business Manager
March 28, 2016

“We have been with CSI Software for over 23 years and are very pleased with the results ”

OverallWe are looking forward to the change to Spectrum 6.0 Cloud hosting this week. Pros : Billling process along with the checks and balances makes the mistakes very limited. The A/R & the attendance program are very clear and understanding to both our employees and members. Credit card and eft automatic withdraws have been a major plus. Cons: Sometimes Query Reports are limited to what we can or need to do. Would like to see more online training so we better understand what is available for us to access. I am sure there additional shortcut in the system available that we are currently unaware. I do feel a lot more comfortable with the communications I been receiving from Dana Puckett since she has become Regional Account Manager of the East than I have had for many years. Hopefully after our migration to the cloud we can review the change as an upgrade to our current set up. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions in regards to my evaluation.
Todd S.
IT Manager
March 8, 2017

“Not a Very Good Choice. Expensive. Poor Costly Support.”

OverallThey have lots of features but you pay for it. Monthly service fees are extremely expensive. If you ever try to get a door access control put in like at 24 hour fitness facilities forget about it. They act like they have never heard of one before. Service techs are rude and not very helpful. Over bloated software for most facilities. There are much, much better choice available.
ProsLots of features
ConsTerrible support. Unusable door controls.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't buy it.
March 8, 2017
Angel P.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2018

“I really don't know where all this good reviews came from, but this company is unprofessional.”

OverallNo benefits
ProsThey have nothing positive to talk about. I decided to get rid of their services and they have been nothing, but unprofessional. Starting with their outdated software, nothing they offer is worth paying for.
ConsTheir software is outdated. There are plenty of other software companies with superior software graphics, functionality, and more reliable. They have the habit of lying in order to serve themselves and not provide costumer service. The software lacks easy access to account information on business costumers. Their software operation is basic and elementary. They have made up different excuses as to why they can't transfer funds into the business bank account and yet they keep charging for a service they are not rendering.
June 19, 2018
Paul E.
March 28, 2016

“I love CSI Software I believe it is the most advanced club software there is. ”

OverallI have used CSI for 20 years now, I have seen it advance so far and do things we never thought possible. I guess my only complaint is a few features could use some streamlining, such as at checking if some wants to make a payment to have a quick payment button and see what amount is currently due. , Another help would be the check in list on the right should be able to click on the member and pull them back up to see the account. I understand there are many lines of code that have to be addressed for some of these issues but in the end it would help us in the club. Over all I am very satisfied with the choice to use this club software.
Barbara N.
May 12, 2016

“Software works well for our purposes”

OverallWe haven't begun using all of the features available. The only con I have is our initial training on site was inferior. the tech was more concerned with being on his computer and revamping our chart of accounts then teaching us how to use the software. Dana has been great - she is our third relationship manager and by far the best ever!
May 12, 2016
Sarah M.
Administrative Assistant

“Multipurpose Facility Use”

OverallPros - has the capability of doing everything we need it to - online seminars are easy to follow when trying out a new section - customer support and managers are easy to work with Cons - does not work on apple products - crashes pretty often when more than 5 computers are being used in our one facility - has been pretty slow sense we moved to the cloud
pj r.
Operations Manager
March 28, 2016

“Great quality, makes it easy to run a fitness club”

OverallThe software generates great reports from finance, to visits, to demographics in a very timely manner. The user app and online services make it possible for members to ultilize the software and practice some self-care. I am very happy with the quality ad wide reach the software provides
Jason R.
March 29, 2016

“We love the software although we have been unable to use certain functions.”

ProsA wide range of reporting and the interface is very user-friendly. It's really the best software we've used.
ConsWe have not been able to get our contracts to print on our CC readers for two years to no avail.
March 29, 2016
Mario A.
Vice Presidend of Sales and Development
April 21, 2015

“CSI - Spectrum NG ”

OverallGreat product, great solutions and a responsive team! I would urge anyone looking to consolidate their business strategy to try CSI as their platform. Above all, someone is always available to help! I truly appreciate what they do and what they provide for our organization.
April 21, 2015