Constant Contact Ratings

Overall

About Constant Contact

Whether you're looking to reach more customers, sell more products, or simply share your passion with the world, Constant Contact has all the tools, features and expert guidance you need to get online, and grow online, all in one place. You've got this. You've got us. Sign up now for a free 60-day trial of Constant Contact's online marketing platform. Learn more about Constant Contact

Neffer K.
CFBU Coordinator
July 10, 2018

“Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will ”

OverallI do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).
ProsI do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).
ConsI don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.
July 10, 2018
Selene M.
Publisher
June 26, 2018

“Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the expense! ”

OverallOverall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!
ProsAs an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.
ConsWhile the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.
June 26, 2018
Curt L.
November 25, 2017

“Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service ”

OverallThe email analytics and reports are great.
ProsI use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.
ConsWhen uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.
November 25, 2017
Erica S.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
February 27, 2018

“It keeps getting better!”

OverallConstant Contact is the standard for email marketing, and you can see why! It allows you to quickly upload your email contacts and create professional email marketing. We've been able to see how many people open each of our email campaigns, and which campaigns are most successful, making future marketing more targeted.
ProsLove the ease of use - whether you want to send a quick email using a premade template, or customize every part of your message, Constant Contact gives you the tools. It's easy to find what you need, and you don't need to know anything about pixel size or the HTML color codes to create professional emails. Constant Contact just introduced A/B testing, so you can better gauge the headings and send times that get your audience to open the emails. Constant Contact is a very solid platform - I've yet to see any service outages, or experience any features that feel buggy, unstable, or like they're still in beta testing. If you have access to a feature on Constant Contact, you know that it will work.
ConsIt's difficult to manage old campaigns. Want to see what your message was last time, what template you used, or how long ago you sent an email to a particular group? Good luck - you'll be scrolling through pages of old campaigns by hand. At this time, you can't run reports to compare the percentage of opens/click-throughs per recipient group, or to compare how various keywords or send-times compare. To really analyze your marketing approach, you'll have to extract this data by hand. Some of the updates (i.e. A/B testing, custom template options) have been available to users of free competitor services for years. It would be nice to see Constant Contact take a more proactive approach to innovation and updates.
February 27, 2018
Sonia Del Valle U.
Analista de Datos
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2018

“The best way to promote your company by email is with Constant Contact”

OverallConstant Contact has been very helpful for our company, it is an excellent marketing tool that has allowed us to increase our customers and sales significantly. It is a very complete and effective system but at the same time a little expensive if you have many contacts, but I think it is worth the investment.
ProsConstant Contact has many features and functionalities that allow us to effectively promote any product, business or company. It's easy to start creating email marketing campaigns with Constant Contact. It is intuitive and easy to use, its interface is simple and allows us to adapt easily to your work environment. You can create effective campaigns with a pleasant and innovative visual style since the system has a large number of templates that we can customize and adapt to any type of campaign, there are many different designs that we can choose from. Constant Contact will allow us to direct our campaigns to one or more contact lists that we have since we can segment our contacts very easily, simply creating different lists for each group of contacts that we need We can perform an analysis on the campaigns sent through the option of reports, being able to quickly verify the percentages of opening, clicks, rebounds and unsubscriptions and thus we can be improving the effectiveness of our campaigns   Constant Contact allows integration with other systems such as Shopify, Wordpress, BigCommerce, facebook and others.
ConsI think your support staff are not so good, when we call support it is difficult to find an operator that speaks Spanish and we lose a lot of time on the call, I also think that Constant Contact is a bit expensive system.
December 6, 2018
Nathan R.
Director, Management Information Systems
Public Policy, 11-50 employees
September 3, 2018

“Robust Email Marketing”

OverallConverting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.
ProsConstant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty quickly. It's also really easy to build and manage contact lists, including importing from csv files. And Constant Contact does a good job of tracking bad email addresses and removing them from your lists, which is important because you are charged by the number of contacts you have. I also like that you can send yourself previews so you can try the messages out on different mail programs and tweak them to your liking. Once you've sent out the messages, Constant Contact offers reporting to let you know how successful your campaign was, including the click-through rate. It also sends you reports about who is being added to and removed from your contact lists. Its integration with several WordPress form plugins means it's easy to convert web traffic to email marketing recipients.
ConsPermissions. There are basically two levels of permissions besides the account owner: campaign creator and account manager. It would be nice to have more granular control over what users can do, because account manager gives users a lot of freedom, but is necessary to work with contacts, schedule a send, etc. The other thing I don't like is how quickly the cost ramps up. Having used Emma and MailChimp, I feel like Constant Contact is the most robust platform. But it is expensive.
September 3, 2018
Sheri D.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2019

“An email marketing platform that works!”

ProsWe signed up with Constant Contact in somewhat a state of desperation, after having no luck with other platforms to do what we wanted them to. We were looking for an email marketing platform that would effectively take our data and create merge fields that worked, had the ability to segment lists, and also provided detailed reports including who had opened it, who had not unopened it and had the ability to re-send with one-click to everyone who had not opened a specific email. We also wanted a platform where we could create our own customizable template that still had a professional appearance. Constant Contact did all this for us, and our customers have been commenting on how the communication we're sending them "looks professional, has a consistent look, and always has relevant content". We couldn't have achieved this without Constant Contact!
ConsThe one disadvantage with Constant Contact is that anyone that has the same email address is merged into one contact. This has been a small issue for us where we want to keep both contacts names even though they have the same email address. We have been able to work around this by asking all our customers with duplicate email addresses to update their email address.
August 29, 2019
Andrea D.
Administrative
Information Services, 1-10 employees
July 23, 2019

“Constant Contact”

OverallI wouldn't use any other software. After working with it for over 2 years even with some of the issues ( user error sometimes) I find it easy to work with.
ProsI love how you can group different emails into different categories . I love all the different choices to create a contact with. I love that you can upload your own art work if needed. I enjoy the ability to be able to connect with social media easy as well
ConsEditing them or locating them always seems to be a lot of hoops to go through. I can't find someone and then add them in and poof it comes back saying they are in the system. Why couldn't I find them the first time? Sometimes uploading or finding a photo is a bit of a hassle.
July 23, 2019
Karen S.
Director of Communications
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
February 6, 2019

“The industry leader that I WANT to love”

OverallTheir pricing is competitive for organizations with 10,000 or more contacts. But at the end of the day, the sweet spot of Constant Contact is basic communication, not marketing. Mobile-first responsive designs and customizable automation sequences should be a given for an industry leader known as the original pioneer of email marketing. Unfortunately, I can pick out a Constant Contact email in my inbox at a glance - and not just because of the requisite CC branding at the bottom. The look is less than elegant and does little to strengthen a company's brand.
ProsIt's easy to create opt-in lists and sign-up forms. There are lots of templates available to choose from, plus survey functionality and integrations with social media.
ConsThe email template designs are less than sophisticated. Many don't look good when read on a mobile device, which - thank you, Constant Contact analytics! - more than 55% of our recipients use to open their emails. The drag-and-drop interface has more limited functionality than other email providers I've tried. Design customization options are limited without knowing advanced CSS and HTML coding. In addition, automation sequences are limited to basic autoresponders. They are challenging to set up, and there are no "if/then" logic options for sending automated messages.
February 6, 2019
Daniel A.
Education Management, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2019

“Super easy to use, less functionality that Mailchimp but not necessarily a bad thing”

OverallWe use Constant Contact for marketing, admissions and development emails. We recently made the switch from MailChimp to Constant Contact because I, as the primary user, was wanting something that would be less labor-intensive. While having fewer features and customizable content as Mailchimp, it's nice not having to hand code anything. Additionally, it seems to provide a similar experience regardless of browser. With Mailchimp we kept having diplay/layout issues with recipients viewing in Outlook 365 on a PC.
ProsIt's simple. Drag and drop editor is dummy proof. Very simple to build emails and automations. Ability to do emails with multiple columns.
ConsNot able to do edge-to-edge designs and the footer is less customizable than our previous email software (Mailchimp)
Jennifer M.
partner
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
November 27, 2018

“Have made some nice improvements”

ProsWe've been using Constant Contact for a number of years for our email marketing efforts. The interface is easy to use, although a bit glitchy at times, and I have seen a number of platform upgrades as well. I like the ready made templates available which come in handy when needing to put together an email quickly. The analytics provided are good, although I can't comment on how robust they are given this is the only platform I have ever used for email marketing. The addition of some email automation has been nice as well. Also, the recently added inbox previews has been nice to help tighten up subject lines and formatting.
ConsSometimes I've noticed the interface can be a bit glitchy when building an email. The buttons used for changing background color and making edits can be elusive at times. I also don't like how there is no search function for finding sent emails by name. I know you can filter emails by date sent and categorize them in folders but it would be nice to be able to search by an exact email title.
November 27, 2018
Lisa M.
Global Marketing / Corporate Communication Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
November 8, 2018

“Great for emails...limited reporting/info available”

OverallConstant Contact was a great tool for us while we were getting started with our email program. It's reasonably priced and easy to use and makes users look very professional. We just outgrew it and needed more in-depth marketing information so we've moved on.
ProsConstant Contact is very user-friendly. With little to no training, users can easily create professional-looking emails. There are many templates to choose from and they, again, look very professional. It is perfect for businesses without designers on staff. Another major advantage is the pricing...it is SUPER reasonably priced.
ConsA couple of issues...first, while I understand the need to manage contacts and spam issues, they can be unreasonable with blocking you from sending emails. People unsubscribe and claim you are junk mail even when you aren't...there's nothing you can do about it, yet you still get dinged for it. Second, you are limited in how much info you can see about users. We switched to another program that provides a lot more visibility into what users do, including linking to web pages visited. This isn't a fault of Constant Contact, it's just not a service they offer. Finally, be aware that there are a lot of challenges if you are sending to a lot of users with Outlook. I know that Outlook is difficult to work with, but many if not most business users use Outlook, so templates and emails have to display well there. It's a challenge with our new software as well...I don't know if anyone has really cracked the Outlook solution yet.
November 8, 2018
Melissa T.
Administrative Assistant
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2019

“Has been a lifesaver!”

OverallOverall, we really have enjoyed the ConstantContact app. As I mentioned earlier, it has proven invaluable to us on more than one occasion when getting vital information to the congregation was time sensitive.
ProsI really love the fact that if we have a church announcement that just HAS to go out immediately, ConstantContact can get it out to our entire congregation within 3 minutes of my sending it. They also have wonderful, friendly, customer service.
ConsThere are some minor issues with user-friendliness and ease of navigation. The interface should be a little more "simple" for those of us who are not totally comfortable with using a publisher.
September 12, 2019
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
October 31, 2018

“Keeping up with Email Data and Contacts”

OverallSending emails out on a daily basis and extracting that data keeps my boss happy and healthy. We are always checking out their new features that might help us even more on our marketing trails. For what you get, you are not paying too much which is cost effective!
ProsThe feature that is most useful in my current job situation is the technology this program has to track opens and clicks for basic to intricate emails that are sent out to customers. This helps us to determine our most interested and time worthy customers/prospects for different products. Another thing is that you can import/export large amounts of data whenever you need it, and they have the tools all over the website that can help you every step of the way how to get the most out of the email campaigns. Continuous updates and features are added to the website monthly, with an article explaining all about it pops up in your notifications.
ConsSometimes if there is too much data/campaigns integrated into the website it can slow simple tasks down by large degree. Also there are many late night website touch ups they need to do to make the program better - but also annoys us night owls that like to get projects done late at night.
October 31, 2018
David W.
July 18, 2019

“A truly great marketing email platform”

OverallOn the whole, I find Constant Contact to be the best email marketing platform for the money. The feature set is very rich and while it can be a bit more complex than competitors like MailChimp, it is the best-in-class solution for those needing broad control over their email content and easy delivery.
ProsConstant Contact is an easy to use bulk email online service. You have several templates to choose from and all of them are customizable. Designing everything from an invitation to a complex newsletter can usually be achieved within just a few minutes. Tracking email opens, clicks, and other metrics is equally simple. Getting basic business intelligence about trends in email activity is also easily accomplished. Customer service is fantastic. We have had everyone of our cases resolved quickly and easily.
ConsConstant Contact can be a little fastidious about unsubscribers and spam reports. The customer has very little control once a recipient has either unsubscribed or reported spam. They can't be emailed again. Even if you are able to reach the customer and convince them to resume service or the customer made a mistake, it can be very difficult to re-enable their service. Exporting your data is simple, however, Constant Contact itself doesn't allow much in terms of integration with other software's. It's all export/import. There are a number of developers that produce plug-ins for individual programs, but they don't always work properly. You take your own risks with those.
Edward M.
Jefe de marketing
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
January 9, 2018

“Easy To Use, But Graphics/Look Has Early 2000s Vibe”

ProsIt is very simple to use! The navigation is simple :) It really couldn't be any easier for a first-time user to figure out. A kid could definitely use it without any guidance (provided that they can read). I really enjoy using it, so that's a plus. I also love that you can view how many emails were opened , even who opened them and what they clicked on! As a marketing person, that's the greatest gift ever. Real data you can see, use and understand. Sadly, not all marketing products offer that. But Constant Contact does! And they do it well.
ConsMost of the templates end up looking sort of outdated. I describe it as "an early 2000s vibe." They could really use a face-lift to make them more attractive. That's honestly the only thing I don't like about it. Everything else is super great! Wish they'd adapted a more Mailchimp-esque look for all of their products. I think they would crush the competition if they changed up the look a bit.
January 9, 2018
May 10, 2019

“Great Emails to All of Our Members”

OverallI am very satisfied with this product! I have used it at multiple organizations and find it is the best way to stay in touch and engage with my membership.
ProsThe customer support from Constant Contact is stellar. Every time I have a problem they walk me through it clearly and with no charge. There is a slight learning curve but once you understand the software you are able to produce clean and clear emails for all different types of announcements and newsletters. I really love the diagnostics they provide after emails have gone out- this enables my organization to keep our lists up-to-date and clean. It is also interesting to analyze member engagement with various posts. The contact list segmentation is also very useful as we gather various lists from all over the world but occasionally only want to send targeted emails to certain people- Constant Contact makes this very easy!
ConsThere is not much room for creativity outside of the set template. I find the dragging and dropping method to be quite frustrating as it is not as precise as I would like it. It would also be nice to caption photos within the text while making them distinct from the body of your message. The templates can be kind of limiting due to lack to manipulation ability.
May 10, 2019
David Y.
IT Director
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
March 26, 2019

“Use a little or a lot, up to you”

ProsConstant Contact is a very professional, comprehensive and full featured product that small or large businesses to create and manage communications and campaigns, email and others, multiple segments, householding, deciling and many other features/functions to conduct your interactions with perspective customers, existing customers, etc. The templates, as an example can be simple, text based or complex, interactive HTML (web) forms, it's up to you on how easy, simple or complex you want to invest your time and resources towards.
ConsPrepare to require training. If you or your staff have never conducted communications of this magnitude, make sure you allocate time to learn the system and use it fully, otherwise you will find yourself spending considerable money to use a platform for such simple use cases that other tools might have served you well at a much lower price point.
March 26, 2019
mike J.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
July 26, 2018

“With a few small Kinks this software managed to bring in a staggering amount of new business legally”

OverallWith this software I didn't run into the normal problems of implementing changes in the physical appearance of the content of my mailer and it seemed to not get caught up in spam filters like other programs that offer the same thing this company offers it and actually follows through with it. I would recommend this.
ProsThe automation of this software is beyond intuitive it's closer to artificial intelligence than anything. Providing crucial analytical data back to myself and my team we could reconfigure our approach to different demographics which ultimately LED in huge surges and increases in business.
ConsFor some reason with most of these automated mail programs the same issues tended to plague them. The double opt out feature is what I'm really talking about which is also known as the unsubscriber list. Often clunky and the only part of the whole package that wasn't intuitive as it required individual attention which raised costs in man hours. That was easily negated by the large number of business it brought in due to its strong analytics though. This is a important tool for a smaller business looking to take the next step.
July 26, 2018
Grace H.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
July 20, 2018

“Send out professional looking emails securely and with a good delivery rate.”

OverallConstant Contact allows me to easily send professional emails to my clients and readers without worrying about leaking their data out or delivering viruses to their inboxes.
ProsThe email design features are awesome, and adding pictures is pretty easy. You can build your own library of photos to use. Designing and changing email templates is quite straightforward, and fully customizable with colours, fonts and 'blocks' of type such as main feature, coupon, etc. I have only used customer support twice and they were cheerful and helpful. Almost every email brings one or more bookings so I feel using this service is worth the price. It's also easy to manage your email lists and CC helps guard against repeated bounces by sort of quarantining those email addresses to protect you from a poor sender reputation, which is important with ever-tightening SPAM regulations. There are upgrades available, should you want to send out forms or questionnaires to your list too.
Cons It is an expense for a small business, and the bigger your list the more it costs. Every once in a while the formatting goofs up and can be frustrating, and copy/paste formatting is sometimes a bit challenging. But the folks at CC work at that all the time and it's improved greatly over the years.
July 20, 2018
Evelyn K.
Front Office Supervisor
October 3, 2017

“Constant Contact allows me to share our business marketing material in a rapid and professional mann”

ProsContant Contact makes it easy for us to send a quick e-mail out to our members. They have everything set up for you, so that you can upload a document, image, and/or video. I love that they give you the option to change the background colors and schedule days and times for the e-mails to be sent out. I love how reliable this software is when it comes to importing contacts and making sure our clients receive the emails on time, I love the statistics it provides us. That has definitely helped our organization improve. Constant Contact is the way to go!
ConsThe new update is a little more time consuming. I have been using Constant Contact for 2 years and getting used to the new update has been a bit frustrating. I also wish there were more templates for the buttons. Such as "click here for more", "register here" and etc. I think that would be a great addition.
October 3, 2017
Claire S.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“Easy and Reliable”

OverallMy clients are so appreciative to know that they are on my Constant Contact list. They trust the name, and they appreciate the sleek, professional, informative emails.
ProsI'm very grateful for the user-friendly interface that makes it easy to build and edit an email campaign that looks professional. I trust that the emails are getting to my clients quickly and securely.
ConsI wish the software would allow me to build an email and then send the one-time message to a specific set of individuals (as opposed to having to choose from a preexisting list of contacts).
September 5, 2019
Jaclyn L.
Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2019

“Easy to use but has limited design functions.”

ProsConstant Contact is intuitive and makes building professional-looking emails straightforward. It also facilitates event registrations and syncs well with our other platforms and accounts. I like the new "check for errors" function that verifies there are no broken links in the email.
ConsWithin the body of the emails, there are limits to how one can arrange text and images; and, oftentimes it requires dragging the item to the same spot repeatedly until it lands in the right place. At least once per each email built, I need to log out of Constant Contact and log back in in order to correctly edit the email layout.
August 2, 2019
Jason L.
Director, Zero.Dot.Two Initiative
51-200 employees
March 18, 2018

“I have managed the Constant Contact email/events account for a small not-for-profit in DC for years.”

OverallConstant Contact allows us to easily manage our email contacts and lists. It has saved us time by providing email templates that we can customize to our brand. The reporting the tool provides also gives us the intelligence we need to see if our list is growing or shrinking.
ProsGreat tool for a small business or organization to communicate with supporters and customers. Very easy to manage contacts and lists. Countless email templates provided, plus it is easy to create your own templates. Out of the box reporting on opens, click-thrus, opt-outs, and more are highly intuitive.
ConsTool does not offer marketing automation functionality, as in -- if an email is opened, but the desired action is not taken, automatically send a follow-up email in two days or if the email is not opened, automatically send a follow-up email with a different subject line and different customized content in a week.
March 18, 2018
Robin I.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
July 31, 2019

“Constant Contact helps me and my clients stay in touch and generate sales”

OverallI've attended several Constant Contact classes, and as a result of what I learned, was able to set up a monthly e-magazine for a client that had 6000 recipients and between 5-10 paid advertisers each month. For another client, we set up a monthly email with coupons for returning customers that was very effective at generating repeat business. The data collection features have helped me and my clients grow our client databases. Another corporate client has used Constant Contact to send notifications and newsletters to their employees.
ProsThere are quite a few things to like about Constant Contact, including the number of available, local classes. The vast number of templates available make the process of setting up email campaigns fast and easy, as does having a library of graphics.
ConsI've been very happy with Constant Content over the years. While there have been a few glitches, they were easily solved with help from customer service. There is always a representative available to help by chat or phone.
July 31, 2019
Giridhar S.
Campaign Executive
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
March 25, 2019

“Best Email Campaign Marketing Tool”

OverallI have been using constant contact tool for nearly 2 years and 5 months and still using the same at present. There's not even a single dispute raised against constant contact till now from overall email campaigns that we had done till now. they provide us with the best support and ease in using responsive design so as to work prior accordingly. We can actually track all the coupons that have been sent through this tool as emails and can generate enormous results within real time.
ProsThe most I like in Constant Contact is the Email Deliverability and Tracking the coupons link that we sent the email campaigns through this tool. It has the ability to send auto responsive emails and can also custom designed templates which are actually involved in it. We can easily evaluate KPI's based on analytics and metrics that the Constant contact tool is providing us.
ConsThere's nothing that I like least about this Tool
March 25, 2019
January 21, 2019

“Organizers dream”

OverallOverall, I do recommend Constant Contact over its competitors. Through this service, I have been able to keep track of thousands of contacts and stay on top of mailings. Because I work for a non-profit, I often have to put multiple links in emails for people to access, and being able to easily resend the same emails without sending them again to all of the contacts that were previously selected is great!
ProsI love how organized you can be with this service. It is easy to create and edit mailing lists and contacts. I also appreciate how simple it is to create and publish multiple future mailings and how the mailings are then organized by publishing date so you easily keep track of them. This is extremely helpful for when you have to send a series of mailers in a week for multiple weeks in a row.
ConsI found that it takes a good bit of effort to figure out the usability of this service. There are a lot of options that Constant Contact has to offer for your mailers, but it is quite overwhelming at first learning everything. If you are not naturally organized or have a plan for how to use this service, you may get easily discouraged at its intricacies when first learning. There are a lot of steps you have to make in order to perform each task.
January 21, 2019
Real Estate, 10,001+ employees
January 2, 2019

“Great Marketing Resource, Templates Could Be Better”

OverallI use Constant Contact multiple times per week to market listings for a sales team. This option has allowed us to reach more contacts than other platforms and increase our visibility in the market.
ProsConstant Contact is EXTREMELY easy to use - it is fairly straight forward and fool proof. The customer service may be the greatest I've ever experienced with any company. Every single person I have spoken to is so nice, so knowledgeable, and quick to help me out.
ConsThe features for creating layouts is really basic - there are no tables and you are limited to the pre-made columns/sections which can be incredibly frustrating. For instance, if I have five people I want to list at the bottom for contact, I have to do a row of 3 and a row of 2 which gets big and cumbersome. There are limitations to how tall certain tools are which again make the email campaign longer than necessary. The reporting section could use some help, its not easy to navigate or understand. The reporting section is prettier than it is informative.
January 2, 2019
Bonnie M.
instructor
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
August 30, 2018

“Constant Contact”

OverallI've used CC to create and track event and orientation registrations, send out email blasts, reminders, and/or updated messages and flyers. I've also used CC to gather new and old leads, create and maintain lists of interested applicants, as well as track applicants who move to admitted students. It is also a great tool for marketing new programs and gathering and testing different message and design styles to see which ones gather more interest. I especially use it to email large groups without being blocked as a spammer. I really don't spam targeted leads, but with some email providers all it takes is like 5 users with the same @.... address and you can get blocked, so being able to use CC for larger emails is a big plus!
ProsWhat I like most about Constant Contact (CC) is the ability to import and export contact lists so I can save and re-use particular lists as needed. I often have to run update reports to add newer applicants (or new "interested" leads) and/or change the message text to target a specific audience and then send it to those who need to be contacted; not having to create a brand new list or try and merge two different files is so helpful. Being able to preview email messages when you need to tweak something is a real time saver too! And I love the "reminders" feature so I know when it's time to reconnect with certain interested contacts.
ConsHonestly there isn't much I don't like about CC...? Oh, right now it will not seamlessly import into the CSM tool our front desk team is using (they end up having to do a little work-around), but that will soon be fixed as they are switching another program that easily works with CC.
August 30, 2018
Bre M.
Advocacy Manager
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
October 14, 2019

“Easy Way to Send Communications”

OverallOverall, I've been very happy with Constant Contact. The system allows me to store sufficient data and create multiple groups to send messages to. The system also sends communications quickly and offers some basic metrics to track efficiency. For my needs, it checks all the boxes.
ProsI am a writer, not a designer, but I frequently need to send newsletters that appear professional and polished. Constant Contact makes it easy to format content into an aesthetically pleasing format without a ton of effort on the part of the user. I can easily plop in images, text, and the like, and the system will automatically center, figure out spacing, and all the other things that make the message look neat and clean.
ConsThe footer on the end of messages is more noticeable than ones from competitors. It is very clear that messages come from Constant Contact once you scroll to the bottom, despite the sender info and subject line making it appear like the message came directly from an individual. It does seem more spam-y than other messages, but the ease of sending to groups makes up for this in my opinion.
October 14, 2019
David M.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
August 4, 2019

“Constant Contact Gets Results”

OverallWe manage online marketing for many companies including their email campaigns. Constant Contact is consistent and provides solid reporting.
ProsEasy to use, effective email marketing campaigns.
ConsHas some difficulties with Safari, works seamlessly with Google Chrome.
August 4, 2019
lynn M.
Owner/ salesperson
Retail, 1-10 employees
March 12, 2019

“Staying In Contact with those who matter”

OverallGreat- highly recommend it for any industry that needs to be in contact with a large number of folks. This software makes it so easy and I can see its use across all industries.
ProsEase of use- it is a breeze and actually fun. Lots of functional uses and just a breeze to create something quickly and creatively. Time is money and this software saves me HOURS and HOURS and therefore more than pays for itself. My customers love it- particularly when I attach photos. I can send out a post and within minutes of delivery, I am getting phones to put something aside for a client. Great investment
ConsNothing really- I like it all. I have never felt like it was missing anything I needed and it is so easy to use. Best of all, I have NEVER had to call customer support and that is a good sign. Never needed to- it is that easy to use
March 12, 2019
Government Administration, 51-200 employees
December 11, 2018

“Constant Contact: Email Marketing Made Easy”

OverallConstant Contact is a GREAT tool for designing emails quickly and easily. At the retail establishment I worked at that used this tool, we were able to create beautiful emails announcing new products, inviting clients to events, sharing sale info and more. Constant Contact allows you to include video and links to social media, and comes with a plethora of premade templates to make things especially easy for users. The tool definitely saved time and money and was effective for getting people into the store to make sales. Constant Contact also gives you the ability to manage your email list, remove people whose emails may have bounced or who wish to unsubscribe.
ProsConstant Contact is a convient way to create beautiful emails to send to a host of contacts. I have used the tool personally for email marketing for retail businesses. Constant Contact allows you to easily manage your contact lists as well as design beautiful, professional emails to send.
ConsSome of the features are a bit hard to understand and take some practice to get used to. Changing colors of pre-set templates is difficult for a beginner. I also found that sometimes my emails would look different once I sent them then they did in the Constant Contact interface. These small changes weren't detremental to the email's message or anything and maybe customers wouldn't even notice them, but I found it frustrating having put thought and time into the placement of each item.
December 11, 2018
Mildred M. T.
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“Email marketing with excellent support”

OverallExcellent product that integrates well with overall marketing workflow. The support is prompt and it is solid technically.
ProsIt is easy to use and provides templates to make your emails easy to create and have built in mobile design. There is help with expanded hours that will assist you with creating emails, list management and any other issue you have. I consider this a major plus because there can always be questions and with support, saves you time. The reporting features are outstanding. You can see who is opening what and what links they are clicking on, to name just a few reporting features. Also, you can now personalize subject line and add emojis. New features are always being added.
ConsMore templates are always being added, but could use a few more for holidays.
September 25, 2018
Mich M.
marketing manager
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
October 15, 2019

“What a Breeze”

OverallOver all, a great product. I can send a super professional email to my internal publics super simple, which really makes my day.
ProsI liked that there wasn't a huge downtime to learn the platform. From download to newsletter creation, it took me all of 30 minutes to navigate the platform and produce a great product. My boss even said it looked really good! Major points for the investment. I also like that you can preview your email in different modes, like mobile VS desktop.
ConsIt takes customer service 72 hours to get back to you with an answer to your problem. That's striking in this day and age. We are still in the testing phase of the software and I'm not sure that's going to work for us.
October 15, 2019
Construction, 201-500 employees
April 30, 2019

“Constant Contact is easy to use and has top-notch customer service ”

Overall Overall Constant Contact is a great solution for small to medium size businesses. The analytics and reporting is well done and a great tool to review the success of the campaign. They are built-in survey options are well designed and thought through. One of the best parts is that they have live customer service that you can speak to you on the phone when you run into an issue and they are always very helpful.
Pros Constant contact is very visual and it is easy to build an email campaign whether you do it from scratch or use one of their templates. The interface is clean and intuitive. One of my favorite things about Constant Contact is the customer service. Unlike some other competitors you can actually speak to a live person on the phone and talk through your question or your problems. I also love their survey feature and they have a lot of options such as sending the survey only to people who have not yet responded.
Cons It can be time-consuming to create an email campaign because there is a lot of clicking inside sections and saving. It would be nice to be able to edit all of the content within one box rather than having to edit an individual image, click preview, click save.
April 30, 2019
Accounting, 11-50 employees
May 23, 2019

“Great tools for drip marketing and more!”

OverallOverall the drip marketing works well and is easy to edit, customize, and add to as needed. I have used it for over 4 years and love the quick easy templates and the ability to use folders for past emails. The search function is limited as we send a few hundred emails each year and it would be nice to search for the subject or contents of the email to copy old emails.
ProsThey continue to add new features and make what works well even better! Their customer service is top notch and they help with even the most basic questions. When I was first learning their software, they never made me feel stupid for asking the same question a few times in a row. They now have many features of more expensive software but keep it simple for small and large business tools.
ConsDuring some of the change to the newest version, many features were lost of changed to be more difficult to find. It takes time to learn the new features which were helpful but I miss some of the easy of use with the prior version. We tried to stay on it as long as possible but were forced to use the new platform to get some of the new features we wanted like drip marketing.
May 23, 2019
Justin G.
Senior Director of Member Engagement & Wellness
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
January 15, 2019

“Marketing Made Easy”

OverallOur organization loves Constant Contact. When we log in, we feel accomplished. It allows us to look like our organization, sound like our organization, and be received by clients who support our organization. It's a dream come true and makes all-important marketing simple.
ProsConstant Contact is limitless. Want to send an eblast, create a platform for registration, or send automated trials or incentives? Constant Contact does just that and so much more. Very simply, without us using Constant Contact daily, we would not know who our prospective clients are and we would not engage the ones that are with us. When we use Constant Contact, we know our members and always see results.
ConsThere is nothing we dislike or like least about Constant Contact. It is marketing made easy.
January 15, 2019
Ronald G.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
December 20, 2018

“Constant Contact - good simple choice for online newsletters and can add on event management too.”

OverallUsing and learning Constant Contact is not difficult... and you can really create some nice looking email newsletters and setup/manage the email lists very quickly. What I have always liked is their Event management features (with the Plus level of service) for event promotion, registration, payments, tracking, and reporting. For groups and companies that don't have members, it is a great option to consider.
ProsI have used Constant Contact for various groups for over 10 years. The newsletters and email list management is very easy to learn and manage and the reporting availability (opens, etc) is good too. For groups that hold events and need to promote, register, get paid, and so forth for those events the Email Plus is a great option and it works well. For all these years they have offered a consistent and strong product. One thing to consider, if you are looking for software like this is to consider if you also have or need membership management as part of your group's needs... you may want to look around for a software that includes that service feature as Constant Contact does not have that membership management feature.
ConsThe price is quite high when compared to what you can get with other software (Wild Apricot) that offers email newsletters, event management, and also the total membership management part. If your group or company does not have members or need that management feature... then I always recommend Constant Contact for the newsletters and event management.
December 20, 2018
Gayle C.
Volunteer
1-10 employees
January 18, 2018

“Excellent tool for email marketing.”

OverallFor the price, this program provides an excellent tool for organizations that focus on email marketing campaigns. If your needs are focused around email marketing, this is certainly the program to consider.
ProsThis software worked well for our email campaigns, but it lacked some features that were specific to the growing needs of our organization. We definitely would have stayed with this software if it would have met all the needs of our organization as we grew in size and function. The templates were easy to customize, and the emails always looked very professional. I also liked how the emails were tied into the registration page and the final reports.
ConsThis is not an easy program to learn how to use. It's easy to make mistakes, especially when learning the program. Thank goodness for the excellent tech support provided. Their skilled and friendly tech support makes up for the difficulty learning the software. Their tech support is the main reason I would encourage others to consider using this software because of the steep learning curve. They fixed many problems for me, and they were always eager to help!
January 18, 2018
Bethany S.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
September 16, 2019

“Best product out there”

OverallAlways good. I have been using them for years. If there's ever a problem, I can always call them right up and they help!
ProsThe options for sizing, ability to create & reporting
ConsI wish there were more options for polls, surveys and how you would like them to appear
September 16, 2019
Tyler Jae S.
Associate Principal, Wayzata High School
Education Management, 201-500 employees
October 27, 2018

“Efficient, user-friendly mass communication tool”

ProsConstant Contact provides a user-friendly interface that allows users to create visually-friendly e-blasts. The address book setup is relatively straightforward, and the creation of templates that can be "cloned" for messages is effortless. I appreciate the flexibility and incorporation of mobile-friendly newsletters. The scheduling feature has saved significant time within our organization. I've also found the statistics to be very interesting and helpful in choosing content for our messages.
ConsThere is no editing tool for mobile devices (iPad, iPhone, etc.). The newsletters need to be edited within a web browser. This prevents quick messages from being created on-the-fly.
October 27, 2018
Greg G.
Account Executive
Banking, 11-50 employees
October 23, 2018

“New User to Constant Contact”

OverallI said in my PROS for the software. A good value and love the templates in a pinch. They can really get you out of bind if sales or marketing suddenly decides a need for a mailing in an hour. Saved me many times. I do like the overall format and the timeliness of the mailings when you set up your mailings to go out in the advance . . great job!
ProsI recently took over the mailing and marketing for our company. Pretty much had a crash course from previous person in charge of it. Found it pretty easy to use once I figured it out. The templates have saved my life for 'on the fly' mailings. Pretty easy to go in and customize the template already close to what you want but want to add your person company or touch to it. I really appreciate the effort that goes into the templates. Also, found that the mailings go out when they say they are going to go out - a real nice feature!
ConsUnderstanding and navigation buttons can sometimes send you into a tizzy . . they need to work on some flexibility to size when adding a picture or custom logo. Usually have found work around but not a lot of room for error. Also . . the preview is not really a preview. The email can sometimes actually look a little off . . not bad but a small error now and then can be frustrating.
October 23, 2018
Will B.
Supervisor
Construction, 11-50 employees
August 7, 2018

“Powerful Marketing Tool!”

OverallI have had great success with Constant Contact over the years. This tool will make you money to pay for the cost and your clients will appreciate the consistency in your business.
ProsI have used this software program for years in my real estate business. This is a great way to stay in front of your clients and potential clients. I can schedule this software to contact clients as little or as often as I like. I love the customizable newsletters and mailers to keep things interesting and fun.
ConsI would like to be able to integrate other programs to cooperate with this software, sending my clients updated listings, things like that. Otherwise, this is a powerful marketing tool and one of the best products for the money out there.
August 7, 2018
Daniel A.
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
December 1, 2016

“Great email marketing for small business”

OverallOverall the Constant Contact tools are easy to use and very professional. We are a mid-sized financial institution that sends around 14 to 28 thousand emails per week. When I came into my role we had been using Constant Contact for a number of years. However, I felt that we had outgrown its capabilities. The platform is primarily for small businesses and some of the features were lacking for what we needed. Specifically, the ability to create separate subscription lists. That said, the customer service is amazing and if you live/work in the Boston area then there are always training seminars going on.
ProsGreat customer service. Whenever we encountered problems with data uploads/downloads or other situations, the phone support was quick to answer and very knowledgeable. Inexpensive for the quality of email platform. Great for small businesses.
ConsNot catered towards mid to large organizations selling multiple products and services. Unable to created multiple lists for product or services with the option for recipients to unsubscribe from just the one list (unsubscribes from all).
Recommendations to other buyersAs a financial institution, it is worth paying more for an email marketing platform that integrates with your core or at least that is customized for the industry.
December 1, 2016
Aaron S.
August 30, 2016

“Great For Large Contact Base”

ProsConstant Contact does a great job of managing multiple groups/list and lots of contacts. I've worked with clients who have a large customer base and Constant Contact allows managing large amounts of group/lists and allows you to manual remove unsubscribers and errors. They are rolling out a new version of their email builder, but the older version does allow custom css coding per block which really allows customizing their templates.
ConsThere are a lot of quirks within Constant Contact that I haven't seen in Mailchimp, specifically with using external links for photos and links. The actual editing of text and links within the email builder is quirky and has some issues. Also, the new search feature for previous emails is really slow and takes a long time to find previous emails unless you create folders for all your emails.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try along with Mailchimp and see which one you find better useful for your business. I've used Constant Contact for 5+ years and have a lot of experience with it, but its starting to show its age in many ways. Hopefully the newer version will bring it up to par with Mailchimp in the line of creating emails and removing some of the quirks.
August 30, 2016
Gaby A.
Marketing Specialist
Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees
June 17, 2019

“Feel like a pro -- with or without the skills!”

ProsIt's incredibly simple to understand the software and put it to good use; that being said, you'll find that the hardest part will sometimes be coming up with the design itself since you're not faced with the burden of troubleshooting or dealing with a complex interface. You're able to distribute awesome emails and understand their analytics, too.
ConsI do wish we had the capability to insert our own code into a newsletter, or work with text spacing, margin size, and the overall layout a little more extensively, but this is coming from a perfectionist's viewpoint. Make no mistake: you will be creating great material with such simplicity you'll feel invincible, but (as with anything we're given restrictions on) sometimes you'll wish you had just a tiiiiiiny bit more freedom.

By Constant Contact on June 20, 2019
Thank you so much for your review, Gaby! We are glad to hear that you enjoy the ease-of-use and design features. We have also shared your feedback with our team regarding the ability to add custom code. Thanks again and if you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our marketing advisors!
June 17, 2019
Kristeen N.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
December 16, 2018

“One of the best!”

OverallOnly wonderful and progressive years of work using this app.
ProsI only have good things to say about Constant Contact. Maybe because I have used it for many years and it keeps improving. Application is user-friendly. As simple as drag and drop. If you need help on anything, they have the tutorials and rep who are always ready to help and teach you. The price is so reasonable and they also reward you for promoting the application by giving you credits. But to me, what got me sold is the insight features that helps you improve the way you do email marketing.
ConsSo far I got no cons to share because it has been a pleasure using this app.
December 16, 2018
Glenn M.
IT Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
August 1, 2018

“Great Platform, Easy to Manage”

OverallThere's a little something for everyone here, and not just for email marketing. You can use their templates, design your own, or use their social media integration to tie your marketing into your Facebook or Twitter profiles.
ProsI love that I can take a flyer from my art department and import a PDF of it directly into Constant Contact. This is a recently added feature and makes my job much easier. I can send the flyer out to our mailing lists, and print the same document for my sales reps to hand out to their customers. This enables us to design 1 flyer rather than 2. If you're the type to build your email campaigns from scratch then they have you covered there with a great content layout system that is flexible and easy to use. If you're one of those really fancy people who likes to get all nerdy and mess with CSS then you can do that, too.
ConsThere's not much to dislike honestly. I suppose I'd like it to be easier to find old email campaigns and resend them to new lists or contacts, but that's about it.
August 1, 2018
Subash B.
Co-Founder
April 28, 2018

“Easy To Use Email Marketing Tool”

OverallEmail marketing tool for top of mind & conversion.
ProsConstant Contact is really easy to use - it's features of templates, integrations and customizability for automation and sequences is a real boom for businesses to maintain customer contact - to stay on top of mind and influence their behaviour - while not taking too much time doing it - is awesome. The list management features of tags help you slice & dice your lists to ensure that they are catered to with great customized message.
ConsIt can get really expensive for very large lists, especially when compared to various newer alternatives. The editor can at times be frustrating as you cant fix a small niggle like a space between elements and the test email looks different from the actual broadcast email. List management features like a dashboard with data & analysis of the list of the number of people who are frequent viewers, frequent clicks, non-openers, etc are really useful to take a look at what is happening to the list & its health.
April 28, 2018