Neat Small Business Solutions Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Neat Small Business Solutions

Neat enhances the productivity of small businesses by helping them to eliminate paper through digitization and automate their bookkeeping tasks. Using the Neat SaaS solution, small businesses are able to organize and retain their documentation data in a digital format for business and income tax purposes, transmit it to accounting, contact management and marketing automation platforms, leverage analysis tools to monitor the health of their business and create Expense Reports for reimbursement. Learn more about Neat Small Business Solutions

Dr Marshall K.
Foundation President & Mayor (Emeritus)
May 30, 2018

“In converting to the new software from the legacy version I lost all my scans from 2012 to 2016”

OverallI receive organized storage & recall of important documents of my enterprises for legal, accounting, privacy, and other business issues.
ProsI like the ability to scan & organize my documents & papers. Parsing & saving to the cloud add to its value. Welcome extras include scan to computer, scan to email, email a scan, and scan to Neat Solutions software. The search feature is a plus as well. I like the ability to zoom in & out on docs, rotate docs & print them.
Cons1) incessant logins required & quite maddening! The software times out way too quickly and requires another log-on to get back where I left off. 2) Unlike your early version I can not double click (or use any command at all) to instantly enlarge the document to full size in order to read the microscopic size characters and numbers on the scanned item therein! 3) I must repeat the entry of repetitive titles of accounts, etc. You eliminated the auto-fill feature that was soo handy! 4) I absolutely HATE the inability to add a scanned supplemental document (scan) to a previous scan that has already been saved!!! YES. We can add more pages to a scan before the batch is saved. Big Deal! 5) It takes forever for a 3 or more page scan to process. If I have multiple scans I go on to do other work between them until "processing" is done. However since I have notes, titles, dates, and categories to type in, I hate to have my train of thought & work flow flubbed up! Any wait for processing to finish invariable results in the need to sign in again....and there's no ability to save the password associated with the log on....the way I can for all my banks & investments. Today we have many ways to quickly & safely enter passwords, so how about it? The preceding was my top 5 intense dissatisfactions relative to the software. Tsk-tsk! You didn't ask about customer support.Dr

By Neat on June 1, 2018
Thank you for taking your time to leave your review. Your feedback is very valuable to us. We at Neat understand the need for additional features, such as those that were available on previous versions of the software. Neat is working hard to provide features users found beneficial and soon will be available.
May 30, 2018
Frederick R.
Vice President
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
May 27, 2018

“The Neat software and scanner, an outstanding asset to both our business and personal use.”

OverallIt gives me peace of mind and a sense of security. It has inspired me to be an overall more organized person in both my business and in my personal life.
ProsI like the fact that it has significantly lessened my load of keeping excess paperwork. It has given me a great sense of contentment and security. All warranties, records, receipts, important documents or even articles, I have easy access to them anytime, anywhere. In business, it is imperative to always keep records, whether it would be for the government, financial statements, contracts, income receipts and employees. This program basically gives me peace of mind and lessens any stress or worry. If organization is essential to you then the Neat program is the answer.
ConsBasically, if you scan a document and later on you want to add on another page to that document and scan it separately you are not able to combine it with the first scanned document. You have to delete the original document and then scan both together as a multipage document.

By Neat on June 1, 2018
Hi Frederick, Thank you for the review! We are happy to tell new features are coming to Neat soon - more specifically, the ability to combine items and other ways to access and manager your data.
May 27, 2018
Emily K.
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
July 20, 2019

“Recycle your documents and keep an archive on your computer!”

OverallIt's solved storage space problems with various documents. We keep copies of agreements, employee paperwork, checks, and etc. We used to have huge file cabinet drawers full of various paperwork, however, once we got this software and scanner, we were able to recycle all the documents and organize everything in our computer system in the office. We have cleared up so much storage space using this software alone. This also is more reliable as well, as we are able to look up anything we need and need not worry about losing anything important. It's been helpful to us if we have to look up something for our clients instead of having to sift through papers. It's made customer service a whole lot easier. The organization is simple with this software as well. You can have it stored on your computer and use whatever method of organization you like. If you don't have this, I recommend it.
ProsI love the fact that it can scan double-sided documents without any more effort than single-sided documents. The fact you can scan a variety of sizes from checks, regular paper, to business cards is amazing. It doesn't take much desk space, which is a major plus. It's been helping keep our office organized and help save the planet so that we don't have to keep drawers full of papers, we can scan, recycle, and move on.
ConsThere's nothing I don't like about it. Like all other pieces of technology, you may have errors, but those are easy to fix with a re-scan or a simple reboot.

By Neat on July 29, 2019
Thank you so much for writing a review! We are glad to hear that you have been staying Neat with us! Keeping you rganized is our goal. Thank you again!
July 20, 2019
Julie B.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
October 9, 2019

“Good for personal or small-business needs”

OverallFor the price of a scanner, Neat has provided me with a good solution for simple archiving for many years. Neat stores documents as searchable PDFs, which is its best feature, and overall, Neat suits my needs. However, if I had to use Neat often or intensively, I'd want a more sophisticated program. Its search function has no advanced features and can be downright puzzling. Searches sometimes return lists of results with no obvious relationship to the keyword searched. I think this means "nothing found." Also, Neat cannot send documents directly to a printer or email program. It requires the user to Export and Save before documents become available for action. Nevertheless, since I can usually find what I'm looking for and rarely need to print documents, Neat is a good, economical solution for me.
ProsI like being able to print email and online documents directly to Neat, which stores them as searchable PDF documents.
ConsI dislike two things. 1) The search function is bad and hasn't been upgraded in all the years I've used Neat; and 2) In order to print a stored document, I have to jump through hoops.

By Neat on October 10, 2019
Thank you for submitting a review! We appreciate the feedback that you have provided. It sounds like you are utilizing our legacy desktop software that has now been retired for quite some time. With the cloud based software that the company has evolved to, a lot of features and functionalities have improved. We are happy that you have been able to utilize the product to your liking and we appreciate you for choosing Neat!
October 9, 2019
Shimon P.
Computer Software, Unspecified
February 10, 2017

“Bad choice after bad choice from struggling company”

OverallThe latest version of the desktop software from Neat (5.7) is not longer supported, so it's on the death row. Instead, it was replaced by much less potent cloud version. While I believe some may find cloud solution appealing, many small shops don't want to hear about cloud and were happy with desktop version. It allowed to categorize receipts, export into numerous software choices (excel is one of the most popular one, but quicken and quickbooks are there too) Now, that desktop version is no longer supported/developed, they left many customers in shocking state looking around for alternatives, like Fujitsu's SnapScan Receipts and Mariner Software's Paperless (both are excellent alternatives, by the way) It's a shame the company follows some internal misguidance instead of listening to the customers, but I guess this is how software business works these days. Everybody wants buzzword cloud.
Pros- Allows to categorize receipts and provide instant summary (e.g. Meals Receipts) of the amounts for the accountant. - Distinguishes between documents, receipts and business cards - Easy to use - Stores everything in local database, which is easy to backup/restore (did it few times flawlessly) - Naturally supports NeatReceipts scanner
Cons- Abandoned to much worse cloud solution - Will stop working sooner or later - Not supported any longer - No new features are developed (e.g. templates for various business categories) - Lack of support whatsoever in general - Not many variety of scanners is supported. Very picky in their choice.
Recommendations to other buyersSwitch to Mariner Software's Paperless which is closest alternative in functionality and features (I would say even better than Neat) It also supports all scanners, but not few like Neat. Alternatively, Fujitsu's ScanSnap Receipts may be reasonable alternative especially if you use IX100 or S1100 scanner from Fujitsu.
February 10, 2017
Ginger S.
Operations Manager/Bookkeeper
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
October 16, 2018

“Great if they allowed software not in the cloud”

ProsThe scanner software is great and the documents scan well
ConsThey no longer support a software and want you to store all your scanned documents in the cloud. We only store on our firewall protected server. I'm not paying for document storage so we will use the old software until it will no longer work.

By Neat on November 2, 2018
Hi Ginger, Thanks for your review. While we no longer provide updates for the retired software, you are certainly free to continue using it on your computer. We do want to let you know that we provide bank level encryption security for our cloud service and have focused on the cloud because it allows us to provide unlimited storage at no extra cost, access from any web browser to view and share your information, and you can scan from virtually anywhere to the cloud via the Neat mobile app included free with subscriptions to Neat's cloud service. We'll be here whenever you are ready to try Neat's cloud service.
October 16, 2018
Elizabeth B.
July 12, 2018

“Neat Scanner in the Office”

ProsWas able to process 500 business cards in no time to vcards, scan receipts on daily basis, scan documents for clients all the time. This machine is so easy to use. You can change it from 2 sided scan, to a one sided, from color to b/w with just a click of a button. Scans go quickly and easily. On the off-chance one gets hung up the front opens easily and has never shredded my items. Also, love the feature we use at the end of the year to get the sales tax report. Very cool
ConsNo cons at this time.

By Neat on July 16, 2018
Thank you for taking the time leave us review. We are happy to hear that the scanner has streamlined your processes
July 12, 2018
Yvonne G.
Computer Consultant
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
July 19, 2018

“I like Neat Receipts -their customer service needs improvement. Very hard to get them on the phone.”

OverallI love the fact that i don't have any paper receipts all over my office.
ProsI can scan receipts easily. I can find a receipt when I need it. I record expenses easily. It gets rid of having paper receipts all around.
ConsTheir customer service needs improvement. They are not easily available to help with technical support. I pay per month for cloud service and sometimes I need help

By Neat on July 23, 2018
We are sorry to hear that you had difficulties in reaching our technical support department. Our Tech support department is available M-F 9am . - 8pm eastern time. Please note that our automated system will attempt to look you up by telephone number first, so to make it easier to reach technical support please make sure you provide the telephone number that you registered with. We also offer support via email and chat.
July 19, 2018
Christina A.
Operations Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees
April 18, 2017

“Does what I need it to”

OverallI have had the scanner for over a year now and I am happy with it. I do wish customer support was better and free. This machine did cost a lot of money, and when I need it, I need it. I don't like having to submit a support ticket. I want to be able to talk to a real person on the phone. I would like to see the file menu more user friendly to navigate through my computer's folders when trying to scan something to the PC. It would also be neat if I could click and drag the files to where I need them (contacts, receipts, etc) Lastly, the contact menu should be easier to find. There is no tab for it. Overall, I am happy for what I use it for, these are just suggestions for improvement.
ProsQuick and easy scanning.
ConsThe navigation through files on my computer when scanning to the computer is not easy nor quick to move through. I would like to see something that is more user friendly. Also, there is no contacts tab so it is difficult to find where I scan all my business cards.
Recommendations to other buyersNone at this time.
Amy G.
Doctor
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
December 2, 2018

“Great with some bugs”

ProsI like that we have a scanner... and when it works it works well. It integrated with Box which allows me to upload files into my EHR from my computer or my iPad which is nice.
ConsThe scanner works 70% of the time. The other 30% we have to shut it off then turn it back on. It's irritating. Customer service hasn't been much help.

By Neat on December 3, 2018
Amy, We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review! We apologize for the difficulties you have experienced with your scanner. When you do come across any issues using your scanner device, please reach out to out help center here - https://support.neat.com/ We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed using the products for the amount of time that you have! Thank you for choosing Neat!
December 2, 2018
Maria F.
sales
Insurance, 1-10 employees
December 14, 2018

“BEST product ever!”

OverallI have a small business and every receipt and document that is important I know I can save on my desktop and have it there to be emailed to my accountant or anyone. I have stored everything I've need for the past 2 years since becoming self employed
Proswhat I love the most about the neat is that I'm able to save the document right to my desktop and email right away.
ConsI can't really say I have anything negative about the neat.. I love how fast and simple it is.

By Neat on December 26, 2018
Maria, Thank you for writing an awesome review. We really appreciate the support and the fact that you have chosen The Neat Company to keep you organized while running your business! If you ever need any assistance with the software, please do not hesitate to ask.
December 14, 2018
Linda L.
Funeral Conciergwe
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
October 1, 2018

“Neat Expense Tracking is a Plus”

OverallOnce I understood how to use the software to improve my business and skills the overall experience was beneficial. Thus productivity increased and became a part of the operative agenda.
ProsWhat I like most about NEAT is that is assists you in reducing the amount of paper accumulated for business expense tracking. It is an easy way for small business owners to vamp into using technology to organize expenses, files and anything that needs to be archived.
ConsWhat I like least about the software is that I found the instructions hard to understand. As a product producer you have to be mindful that most business owners who use the software may have no other technology except a point of sale system. When you assume that the customer knows then you setting the customer up to be intimated and lose interest.

By Neat on October 3, 2018
Linda, thank you for your very valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear that there was difficulty in understanding the product when you first began. We welcome any additional feedback you may have in how to improve a customers onboarding experience
October 1, 2018
Amy V.
Owner/Operator
March 27, 2018

“I use it to track all my expenses for my business”

ProsI love how I can directly scan my receipts into Quicken Home and Business. I love that it is so easy to use and that I can choose a plan that fits my needs/budget
ConsNo real cons. Neat has really thought this software through. I loved it more when it was free, but I do understand why fees were added to their service. I still love it!

By Neat on March 29, 2018
Hi Amy, We appreciate your candid review and how useful you are finding Neat. About 2 years ago Neat moved out of the bundled scanner software realm to focus on our cloud-powered services (which due require a subscription). Customers can continue using our retired products for as long as they wish without purchasing a subscription.
March 27, 2018
Lee J.
Owner/Sole Proprietor
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
April 19, 2017

“Neat Small Business Solutions”

OverallUsing Neat for several years now. Just used the reports function for tax purposes and was thoroughly impressed with the output. Something I can simply hand to an auditor, if need be. The Neat Cloud is a real security blanket. The number of times my computer 'lost' the Neat Data file is too many to count. Knowing my data is in the Neat Cloud is very reassuring.
ProsScanner works very well and captures text on receipts to populate fields in the document description and database entries.
ConsDifficult to contact support. Neat Data file is lost frequently. Program shuts down unexpectedly at times.
Recommendations to other buyersSeems like Neatco is isolating itself from its customer base. So difficult to contact support.
April 19, 2017
Evelyn L.
Admin Assitant
October 8, 2019

“Best Scanning Software”

OverallReally saves time instead of me flipping through papers in boxes with a click of a button I can backtrack any documents I may need. Keeps me
ProsWhat I enjoy most about this software is that I can log on to my account and I can go searching for any documents that I scanned previously. Keeps me very neat !!
ConsThe only cons of this software are that everything is cloud-based since they discontinue the old software.

By Neat on October 10, 2019
Thank you for submitting a review! We really appreciate the feedback and are happy that you are staying Neat! Saving time and keeping our customers organize is what we strive to do!
October 8, 2019
David K.
UX Designer
Design, 1001-5000 employees
May 7, 2019

“Neat used to be cutting-edge, but it's become very mediocre in recent years”

OverallAfter wasting way too much time over several years to get their system to work properly, I finally realized that I'd been giving into a sunk cost fallacy. After dozens of additional crashes during the 2019 tax season, I had finally had enough and cancelled my account. As a parting shot to customers leaving their platform, they also don't refund prepaid subscriptions after 30 days, so beware signing a long-term contract if you're testing it out!
ProsI used their products for about 10 years and recommended many users to them over the years. Their scanners and OCR scanning abilities used to be top-notch.
ConsTheir quality and support has continued to degrade over the last several years, as they've moved to a paid SaaS product from a hardware-focused company and stopped producing their NeatDesk scanners. Since then, the relational database functionality the system used to provide has been largely removed and the accuracy of their OCR scanning has somehow gotten progressively worse over the years. In fact, their Mac app has occasionally been unusable for months at a time and the Web app doesn't allow you to sort tables with more than 200 records! The reporting functionality often breaks (it took dozens of attempts to get a series of partial exports when I stopped using the platform).

By Neat on May 9, 2019
Thank you for submitting a review! We appreciate the feedback that you have provided. It seems that you are speaking of our Legacy software that has been retired for quite a few years now. We do apologize that you have not enjoyed the current product but we are gearing up for the release of a new product that will have many new features and features that are similar to the Legacy version as well. Additionally, when signing up for a subscription the terms and conditions state the refund policy which is why you were not granted refund after 30 days. We appreciate you being a long term customer and hope to see you back with Neat!
May 7, 2019
Sarah M.
HR Manager
Security and Investigations, 10,001+ employees
June 6, 2018

“A hassle to use”

OverallIt takes very clean scans of Documents, receipts, and ID cards and keeps them neatly organized. I really like being able to rearrange the order of my scans before saving.
ProsThe scanning quality is great. It rarely gets paper jams. Being able to rearrange my scans after scanning is complete is a really nice feature.
ConsNeeds constant updates, Having to log in after a 5 minute timeout, when I need to constantly scan all day is a real pain.

By Neat on June 8, 2018
Hi Sarah, Thank you for your review. We are working on changes to allow users to streamline their workflow. Stay tuned!
June 6, 2018
Richard H M.
Retired
Research, 10,001+ employees
June 8, 2018

“The ability to rename columns and split/divide receipt amounts in EXCEL format is not supported now.”

OverallPermanent data base without having to save paper receipts. Easy to use an smart phones.
ProsAbility to capture receipts in real time using smart phones. Ability to have a record of all receipts easily generated.
ConsIt goes off for no apparent reason. The software stops and closes unexpectedly, for no apparent reason.

By Neat on June 18, 2018
Hi Richard, We appreciate the review - Neat will be re-adding a slew of convenient features to our cloud-powered application in the coming months. Stay tuned!
June 8, 2018
Gray G.
Independent Financial Adviser
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
December 21, 2018

“Neat Small business”

OverallIt allows me to organize my expenses for tax purposes--a real time saver.
ProsIt allows me to track all my expenses in one place, easily and effectively. I like the fact that I can use my phone to scan in receipts.
ConsOccasionally I have had problems accessing the app.

By Neat on December 26, 2018
Gray, Thank you for taking the time out to write a review! We are happy to hear that the software allows you to track all of your expenses easily. Thanks for choosing Neat!
December 21, 2018
Wanda S.
Automotive, 11-50 employees

“Records for customers ”

OverallI scan in all the work orders and invoices for the repairs we do. The Neat saves time so I don't have to go thru boxes to look up the customer in case of a problem. Easy to use and as long as you keep it clean it works perfect. The Neat cloud does the back-up so I know I am protected.
ProsYou can set your requirements easy.
ConsIt jams if you put to many pages in it. You must keep the lens cleaned about once a week.
Recommendations to other buyersN/A
Wholesale, 51-200 employees
November 20, 2018

“EXCELLENT tool for a common paper hoarder! ”

OverallOnly scanner that I have used or will use due to how easy it is.
ProsThe scanner that works with this software is easy to use and easy to install.
ConsSometimes there are connection issues. Overall, it's workable

By Neat on November 26, 2018
Thank you for the positive review! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the software and Scanner provided. Thank you for choosing Neat!
November 20, 2018
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
April 16, 2019

“Good Product”

OverallI use this product daily, very easy to use.
Prosscanning, email, mobile, are all vey good.
Conslogging in once ok, then you get kicked out to often and have to do all over again.

By Neat on April 22, 2019
Thank you for submitting a review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the product and are using it daily. Thank you for choosing Neat!
April 16, 2019
June 27, 2018

“Works well, but you cannot change the user”

ProsIt is great quality, makes the pdf's searchable and great to have it cloud based. Easy to organize and save documents based on what it scans.
ConsThe desktop to website is slow and clunky. Also we messed up one letter on the email, stuck with it now, cant change it according to support.

By Neat on June 29, 2018
Thanks for the feedback! We understand the need to change the email, while this can be done, it would require the assistance of our technical support department as the sync is associated with your email address. If you are able to provide us with additional information regarding your recent interaction with one of our agents such as case number, or the incorrect email address we can have an agent reach out to provide assistance
June 27, 2018
Paul F.
Ownder
Retail, Self-employed
January 19, 2018

“EASY WAY TO MANAGE ALL DOCS”

OverallFast and easy accounting, Quick access to customer records
ProsCan create different folders for everything. Quickly scan and upload. just as quickly transfer to Quickbooks for fast and easy accounting.
ConsWould be tough to come up with a Con. About the only thing I can think of would be the slight learning curve on using it. But once you learn, it's easy

By Neat on January 30, 2018
Thank you for the feedback, Paul. We welcome your thoughts and insights on getting the most out of Neat.
January 19, 2018
Traci M.
Photography, Self-employed
April 27, 2017

“Bought for Digitizing at home”

OverallI have had this software for 13 months. I think its great, and it has done everything i wanted and more. There is a bit of a learning curve, and you should be really good at trouble shooting before giving up. I wish updates were more frequent and more updated each time. Overall, I will keep using Neat now that neat and i have an understanding and i know where its limits are.
ProsIts a very well-designed software with lots of potential.
ConsSometimes it doesnt work. Sometimes i have to fight with it for days to finish a batch. Customer support is quick to blame me for the issues. I lost an entire months work (that was scanned and shredded, and is no longer visible in my neat files. The items are there, the scan is gone.). There seems to be a format gap that has yet to be resolved.
Recommendations to other buyersI look forward to future updates and improvements. Like i said, its an amazing idea, and i love it now that i know what the limits are.
Alice J.
partner
July 25, 2009

“Neat Receipts for road travelers”

OverallI can't say enough good things about NeatReceipts...I use it daily to keep organized.
ProsWe travel fulltime, and must retains all expense receipts. We are able to scan every receipt for tax purposes, create a tax report as soon as W-2 is available, and have taxes prepared in record time! No longer have to save files and boxes of receipts or important papers. Everything is scanned and available for ready access when needed by file folder or even just a key word search. Great for when proof of purchase date or amount is needed. Photos are scanned, saved, & protected forever; even artwork by grandchildren! Faxes received through the computer are easy to view and save without ever having to print, thus no need to use paper...they can even be forwarded by email. I also use the document feature for my drawings that needs to be emailed to people for immediate viewing, and am able to create PDF images in seconds.When a copier is not readily available, I just scan a document so it can printed out later. I could go on and on....this is my very favorite tool (after my iPhone).
ConsI'd like the business card scanner to be compatible with Outlook's contacts. If it's available now, I don't how to use that feature.
July 25, 2009
Linda H.
owner/director
Education Management, 1-10 employees
February 24, 2019

“Great Time saver!”

OverallI've been using this system for probably 5 years now. It has saved me so much time in preparing my taxes each year. It also helps me see where my money is going.
ProsNeat allows me to scan my receipts and keep track of my expenses. it makes it so much easier that totaling tons of receipts. By syncing to the NEAT cloud I can access my information on multiple devices which is great when a laptop crashes and I can restore my information. I think you can scan receipts with a phone but I've never tried it.
ConsSyncing sometimes takes along time and it doesn't always work. I had a hard time getting it set up to the cloud. Their support team finally helped.

By Neat on March 4, 2019
Linda, Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review! We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed the service and we appreciate you being a long time customer with us. Unfortunately, the migration process can take a very long time depending on how large the database is but we are glad that support was able to help in the process!
February 24, 2019
Michelle F.
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2018

“Very underwhelming”

ProsThe concept - the ability to scan in your receipts and have them all stored together and categorized neatly was very appealing.
ConsThe actual functionality. Setting up the neat scanner was a nightmare. I kept getting errors and couldn't get logged in to my account. Once I did get it set up, my scanner only worked part of the time. I also found their online categorization and storage to be overall lacking in being user friendly.

By Neat on November 2, 2018
Hi Michelle, We're sorry to hear you had trouble setting up your scanner as well as finding the system to be less user friendly. We'd be happy to assist in both resolving any technical issues with the scanner as well as help you get more familiar with using Neat. You can reach our support team for technical assistance by calling 888-898-3253 https://support.neat.com/support/contact-support/ In addition to FAQs and how-to articles at https://support.neat.com/ we also have a weekly webinar that may help in using Neat more efficiently and staying organized as it is designed to do. Webinars are held every Thursday @ 1PM EST. You can sign up here to join an upcoming webinar. If you¿re not able to join a live webinar you can schedule for a different week or view a previous webinar as they become available here. For more details see our webinar FAQ: https://www.neat.com/?post_type=helpcenter&p=29915&preview=true
September 19, 2018
Greg A.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
April 24, 2017

“Great for book keeping would love to see the ability to invoice be added to the program ”

OverallGreat for book keeping would love to see the ability to create and send invoices added to the program line up.
Conssometimes slow to sync
Recommendations to other buyersGreat for book keeping would love to see the ability to invoice be added to the program
Ronald P.
Construction, 1-10 employees
July 22, 2017

“Wanted a scanning system that eliminated paper clutter. The key is the software.”

OverallEliminate paper receipts and to lesser degree some documents.
ProsNEAT is a robust database that allows receipts to stored and creates fields for easy searching. You can also create folders as well for another way of organizing.
ConsInitially NEAT had a computer based software that would sync with their web based software. The computer based software has features that allowed more flexibility in report generation and organization. This was lost when last year NEAT dropped the computer based software.
July 22, 2017
Jay D.
April 28, 2018

“Not all that useful”

ProsThis software helps reduce paper use (receipt scanning function) and reduce negative impact on environment.
ConsThe software struggles to recognize information from receipts, so you end up entering the information manually.

By Neat on May 8, 2018
Hi Jay, we thank you for the feedback. In case you weren't aware, you can also request digital receipts and import those into Neat! You would be helping the environment twice as much! If you are interested in any other Neat tips, be sure to check out our help center: https://support.neat.com/
April 28, 2018
Kenneth H.
Crane tech
February 24, 2018

“Love it”

OverallBetter search capability. Paperless file storage.
ProsI really like the printable reports. It is a versatile product. It can be used to store lots of different files.
ConsIt is a fairly sizable program that uses a rather large amount of memory while open. It does take some effort to learn use.

By Neat on March 5, 2018
Hello Kenneth, Thank you for the review. Neat is working to add additional features which many users will find as an asset and to simplify the program for ease of use. Stay tuned for what Neat has to offer next!
February 24, 2018
Brad W.
Construction Division Foreman
June 25, 2018

“As the name says, "Neat" is just that. ”

ProsI bought a Neat scanner on a black Friday sale and figured I would give it a try. After setting it up, it became addicting as I scanned in receipts for our small business. It really does a great job organizing and storing receipts on your computer as well as the cloud. It even goes as far as categorizing scans based on type making it easier to access if needed as well as transfer data to QuickBooks.
ConsAs with any scanner, sometimes numbers are misread for various reasons. I would highly suggest proof reading scans for errors if using for accounting purposes.

By Neat on June 27, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear that we are able to assist you in your digital filing and automation needs. Please feel free to reach out to our technical support department if you have any questions
June 25, 2018
Kenneth S.
Vice President
April 5, 2018

“Scanning made easy”

ProsAt per month month, I have not found a better cloud-based solution for scanning and saving to the cloud receipts and other important documents.
ConsWe would like to see easy integration with QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, and Quicken in previous versions.

By Neat on May 8, 2018
Hi Kenneth, we appreciate your review and candid feedback. We are working to include feature parity with previous versions of Neat for our cloud service. If you ever are in need of integration assistance, please let us know and we will reach out.
April 5, 2018
Crystal B.
Office manager
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
April 18, 2017

“Awesome tool for the office”

OverallThis tool works reat with Quickbooks and helps to effectively track all receipts and properly classify the expenses
ProsReads receipts easily and it is compatible with Quickbooks which fulfills the needs of the office effectively
ConsI only purchased the mobile scanner due to space issues but would love to get the larger version later on
Recommendations to other buyersBuy it and use with Quickbooks for accuracy and efficiency and you will keep professional records easily
fred w.
Individual & Family Services, Self-employed

“Neat is neat”

OverallI have used Neat for a year now and it has simplified my record keeping and tax preparation. No more magnetically imprinted receipts I can't read a few days later..I scan them at the table! I finish the tax info later. Tax summaries a a few clicks and your ready for your CPA or do it yourself. This would have saved my money and time if I had known about it years ago. My suggestion, don't wait another day. Get it.
ProsEasy and convenient
Cosmetics, 51-200 employees
November 13, 2018

“Neat”

OverallOverall, it's a great product. I have not been using long, but I am more organized than I was before I started using Neat.
ProsI just started using Neat, and I am loving it. It organizes everything, and makes it easy for me to send my information to other software without having to reenter the information. Time saving!
ConsGetting started, for me, was a bit frustrating. I even had a remote access call, and needed more assistance. Of course, I could be a slow learner.

By Neat on November 16, 2018
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review! We are happy to hear that you are more organized and are enjoying the service that Neat provides. If you do need any additional assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to our support department. Thank you for choosing The Neat company!
November 13, 2018
Sarah S.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 4, 2018

“We love using NEAT!”

ProsWell, neat lives up to it's name. We use neat for organizing all of our receipts, invoices and packing slips and we create folders so it is very easy to find something!
ConsHonestly, we have only had one problem and I am not sure if it was because of our computer being so old and slow. We found out that a lot of the documents we scanned had actually not scanned or saved, but it was only during that one day we were scanning things in, so it could have been a user error as well.

By Neat on October 8, 2018
Sarah, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your experience. We are pleased to hear that you had a had a good experience using Neat Products and Services. Please feel to reach out to our technical support department if you find you are need of assistance
October 4, 2018
Teresa T.
State coordinator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
April 18, 2017

“Neat scanner is so NEAT!”

OverallI love it so much talked my son in law to get my daughter one as well You create your folders scan it in keeps a running total. Use for business and personal use. I know how it got its name. It is so NEAT
ProsMutiable folders scans to documentd easy to use live it
ConsDoesn't remover password wish I could just get started without signing in so many times
christina c.
office manager
August 21, 2018

“slow but steady wins the race”

Overallstill saves time overall!
Prosthe way it captures and organizes information off of invoices and receipts
Consthe particular scanner we have is very slow and jams up frequently.

By Neat on August 27, 2018
Thank you for taking time to leave a review, Christina. If you are interested, we can look into replacing your scanner as a courtesy. Please let us if we can help in any way!
August 21, 2018
Commercial Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
October 15, 2018

“Super helpful”

OverallHuge time saver and allows me to get receipts to my accountant quickly and easily via electronic means.
ProsThe time saving aspect and keeping receipts organized.
ConsReceipts have to be kept fairly flat, no cruppled papers.

By Neat on October 17, 2018
Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that the Neat Program has saved you time in keeping your receipts organized. We are sorry to hear however that you experienced some issues with cruppled papers. Did you know that the Neat Software now works with 3rd party scanners?
October 15, 2018
April 4, 2018

“easy & good for home use”

ProsThe neat scanner & program is easy to use. We used this program to scan all our documents into digital files. Inexpensive.
ConsThe Neat Scanner did have some gliches with shutting down. Customer service was not the most greatest! Very difficult to get speak to someone about issues.

By Neat on May 8, 2018
Thank you for the feedback. Customer care is always available to assist via email, chat and phone. We also host a variety of online support articles to also answer Neat related questions. Visit the following link to find out more: https://support.neat.com/
April 4, 2018
Allison O.
Retail, 11-50 employees

“Easy to use”

OverallUsing neat has been very easy and convenient for organizing digital files, as well as being able to easily send them out in a variety of formats. It has saved time, money, effort, and a lot of frustration.
ProsEasy to use.
ConsSometimes it needs to be closed and reopened
Thom D.
January 18, 2018

“Neat took a huge backward step when they did away with their desktop version”

ProsScanning to a database and having receipts associated with the data. When you do get to work with an actual support person, they're really helpful within the hopeless constraints of the program
ConsCurrent version is unstable, functionality is hopeless, support appears designed to prevent users access. The company comes over as uber-arrogant with a desperately low level of expertise in their programming department who can't keep up with operating system upgrades

By Neat on January 30, 2018
Hi Thom, Thank you for the feedback. While we do admit the most recent version of Neat would be best with feature parity - we are currently working on some product improvements we expect our customers will enjoy. If you ever need assistance, please reach out to support@neat.com and we will contact you right back. Again, we appreciate letting us know how you experience has been thus far.
January 18, 2018
Brendan E.
Administration
Investment Management, 10,001+ employees

“Fantastic Product”

OverallLove this product, wouldn't be able to function without it anymore, definitely a game changer for your desktop. Saves lots of time in the day and easy to use. Pretty expensive but worth the investment.
ProsQuick and easy.
ConsCosts a pretty penny.
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
November 6, 2018

“Review”

OverallIt is an awesome solution and help to find receipts in a most faster way and no matter hold old it is.
ProsKeeps everything organized, neat and clean. Easy keeping of records.
ConsTakes a while to troubleshoot how to get everything in less pages to print.

By Neat on November 16, 2018
Thank you for the positive review! We are glad that you are more organized with using Neat. Thank you for choosing The Neat company!
November 6, 2018
Michael C.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self-employed
April 18, 2017

“Great for a mobile business”

OverallI use it all the time to track my receipts some times dozens at a time on a daily bases. It saves me a mountain of paperwork at the end of the month
Joseph H.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed

“Great Support Team!”

OverallI had an issue after moving into my new house, where my documents weren't uploading to the cloud. After a quick call to customer service, I learned that I had not set up my wireless on the scanner to match the new router that was installed.
ProsThis is a VERY fast machine. It puts my all-in-one scanner to shame!
ConsThe software is a little bit hard to figure out, at first.
Recommendations to other buyersI'm having to use their legacy software while they are working out a compatibility issue, but they are comping me for service until it is resolved. Great customer service!
Chris R.
Managing member
November 10, 2015

“Needs better and more timely support as software updates are made”

OverallI have a small four person consulting firm. We have been using Neat for almost five years and find it to be more helpful that copying receipts and hand inputing the expenses to a spreadsheet, but still it is cumbersome and inaccurate to require lots of manual corrects to the amounts and the vendors. None the less we have continued to use it because we are unaware of a better system for a small firm like ours, though we are looking hard now for a replacement. The reason we are interested in changing is that as software updates to our PC and Mac operating systems are made, Neat lags behind in updating their software that it functions properly. With the El Capitan upgrade for Mac, the Neat software crashes at the scanning of each receipt. Very frustrating and non productive. This condition has happened before as upgrades are made. Neat should be proactive and work with Microsoft and Apple so that as the upgrades become available their software work seamlessly, but to date we haven't seen this. We have used the Neat mobile scanner, but find that after time it ceases to become functional. It is also very slow. We use ScanSnap scanners and fine them effective and fast when Neat is up and running properly. As of today, our Neat software is unusable due to continued crash issues. We would appreciate it if Neat would fix this issue quickly and make an update available. If it is not fixed quickly we will abandon the software and move to a different product.
November 10, 2015
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
November 5, 2018

“Have the all in one scanner- Good machine”

ProsHave the all-in-one scanner and it works great. Setup was a little tricky with the program I bought it to use with.
ConsA little temperamental. Sometimes I have to reset the machine or the computer to get it to work again.

By Neat on November 9, 2018
Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate the feedback! If your scanner gives you issues in the future, please reach out for additional support here - https://support.neat.com/ Thank you so much for being a loyal Neat customer!
November 5, 2018