TurboCAD Professional Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About TurboCAD Professional

TurboCAD Pro is an advanced general purpose CAD product for design, drafting, detailing, and modeling. TurboCAD Pro appeals to numerous professionals and others interested in power mechanical and architectural design capabilities at an attractive and affordable price. TurboCAD Pro's powerful tools for 2D or 3D design include 2D parametric constraints, 3D solid and surface modeling, photorealistic rendering, lighting and materials, and extensive CAD and graphics file interoperability. Learn more about TurboCAD Professional

Gregory W.
DBA
Government Administration, 10,001+ employees
October 9, 2018

“Excellent Affordable CAD Software”

OverallI have used TurboCAD to design architectural plans and even design a custom electric guitar body, as well as a few graphic design elements I've used for decoration.
ProsThis software is relatively intuitive--even for someone who has never used any type of CAD software before. However, because of the many different features of this software, it can take quite a while to master all of the things you might want to do with this application. Also, this is a very powerful software application and the 3D tools available put it on near par with much more expensive professional-grade CAD systems.
ConsThere are several add-ins for this software (such as those that can create virtual walk-throughs of your designs), which I found a bit finicky. Also, some of the available help is not quite detailed enough to learn new features as easily as I would like. Also, some of the 3D tools don't quite work as I would want them to work, and sometimes saving a project prevents you from modifying some of the objects you've made. However, if you save copiese frequently, and get familiar with the order of events you need to use, you can master this software.
October 9, 2018
James R L.
Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees
January 15, 2019

“Full featured affordable 2D/3D CAD software”

OverallBeen using this software in various versions for 10+ years for architectural drawings. First CAD software I ever used when transferred from a drawing board and pens. Very happy with TurboCAD and have never considered changing to anything else.
ProsExtremely affordable 2D/3D CAD software when compared to alternatives. One time payment for licence. Full featured software to suit pros but also easy learning curve for beginners. Supports a wide range of import/export file formats so very flexible. Well supported by knowledge-base and video tutorials as well as active user forums.
ConsUser interface appearance is probably a bit dated but apart from that not a lot.
January 15, 2019
Kendra Q.
Web Designer
11-50 employees
March 29, 2018

“the services offered are very good and focus on helping the client in all possible ways”

ProsI think the way to treat customers and how to help them is great, the services offered by TurboCad Professional are so wide and varied that they cover everything, any customer will be satisfied when working with TurboCAD Professional and I do not doubt it, the services offered are very good and focus on helping the client in all possible ways, it is worth choosing TurboCAD Professional and I do not regret having done it, nothing like working with a company that cares about the concerns and well-being of the client as TurboCAD Professional does ...
ConsHonestly leaves you very pleased and I leave without any complaint or criticism. I only have good comments about it since I'm leaving with a great image of this company, I will really go back to work with it, 100% worth it. Do not doubt this and above all do not think about it, it is one of the best in its scope. I leave with a smile on my face, since the services of TurboCAD Professional left me satisfied and even beyond that, it seems to me that it is a company that knows what its customers want and it proves it !! VERY RECOMMENDED!
March 29, 2018
John K.
Machinery, 1-10 employees
May 3, 2019

“TurboCAD is broken”

OverallI bought the latest version of TurbCAD in 2012 as an alternative to the very pricey AutoCAD and Solid Works programs. It took me a few years to learn the program proficiently and I upgraded every year through 2015 until they began a subscription based program which turned me off upgrading until I bought a new work station and I found TC2015 wouldn't run correctly on it. Then after upgrading to the latest version in hopes of fixing the problem I find that the software no longer works. I am very pissed. I make my living designing tooling and I am in the middle of many projects now and it is taking me exponentially longer because the software is literally broken. No body has a solution and there is no support at IMSI.
ProsBefore I bought a specially design for CAD computer (MSI 32 gig ram SSD) I ran TurboCAD 2015 on a Toshiba Quad laptop and it ran fine other than being very slow. Once installed on a 2019 version MSI designed specifically for CAD I lost all the most important functions I relied upon like Conceptual Selector, editing nodes, fence mode plus it stopped rendering. I upgraded to TC2019 and I am still missing all those tools plus a lot more. They broke the software and they don't have a clue or the inclination to fix it.
ConsVery, very, extremely slow especially to render. Earlier versions such as Pro 20 did not have these problems
May 3, 2019
MASSIMO G.
mr
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
September 13, 2018

“Great CAD at low price”

OverallI use Turbocad since the V4 version, now have the 2018 PRO, it's a GREAT software, grat file compatibility, no troubles ... never. Good, good job.
ProsFile Compatibility Great stability Easy to use
ConsPrint interface No italian support Slow to start
September 13, 2018
Anton C.
Intern
Animation, 11-50 employees

“From School to career”

OverallHaving started using the program while at school, i had thought it was just a part of my past, but I have recently used it once again and found enjoyment for the program once more during a recent project that needed much more detailed and accurate work than what my usual animation program offers.
ProsThe software is easy to use and with a bit of knowledge and is much more accessible than most other CAD programs. Accurate and precise measurements and plenty of tools to help you do exactly what you need to do.
ConsTakes a little getting used to, shortcuts mostly need muscle memory to really keep pace on projects.
Hans N.
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
July 16, 2016

“User for 10 year”

OverallGreat program for design 3D and 2D models, top program for value! We use also Solidworks and this program is more easy to use when we build prototypes.
ProsAll is possible to do
ConsDifficult to use before you learn how to do this
July 16, 2016
Ashley R.
Software Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
August 8, 2018

“The services offered by TurboCAD software is really beneficial in one way or the other.”

ProsTurboCAD software is being used by wide range of people for designing 2D and 3D models. Another worth mentioning feature of this software is its ability to publish in PDF format. This is full CAD software product.
ConsWhen we start using TurboCAD professional software, its layout seems to be difficult before learning. Sometimes the programs get clear due to so many different icons creating difficulty in learning. Sometimes booting issues also occurs and the system gets slow with less processing speed.
August 8, 2018
Daniel C.
Service Manager
Machinery, 11-50 employees
February 28, 2018

“We have been using TurboCAD at our company since 2016.”

OverallMainly, the ability to create quick drawings of small engineered projects for customers and vendors.
ProsA lot of things we like about this program - The tutorials are very helpful. The green design eco friendly details are helpful in our state. The ability to publish in PDF format has also proven valuable.
ConsThe only suggestion we have is that the program come with more in depth paper print directions. (some employees prefer hard copy to doing the tutorials.)
February 28, 2018
Ralf K.
October 1, 2016

“Turbocad at prototype designing”

OverallWe use Turbocad for over a decade in combination with TurbocadCAM and Turbocad Animationlab. To make presentations of productconcepts, Mechanically develop prototypes and feed our CNC machines to produce prototypes. Turbocad provides perfectly in our needs. We also worked with Solidworks and Autocad for a trial period but this did not work out for us as these programms were too limited for us. Too meet our needs with these programms we need to buy very expensive plugins that Turbocad either already has integrated, or delivers at a very reasonable price. We are now certain to stay with Turbocad for the near future as its versatile capabillities fills our needs perfectly.
October 1, 2016
Nicholas C.
Ceo
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
February 25, 2019

“Turbo Cad 2D/3D”

OverallI really enjoy the program. It's a great platform to use with 3D printers as well.
ProsThis a a great software platform that provides you with all the tools you need to get to designing you next cool idea.
ConsIt took a lot of time to learn how to use and I wish they had some beginners tutorials.
February 25, 2019
Gary N.
December 2, 2016

“TurboCAD is good for the hobbyist too.”

OverallI'm a hobby woodworker. I need to design my projects before I begin to build them. TurboCAD has been a great asset for me. I used the tutorials to get me started. In a fairly short time I was able to do the basics and begin my own drawings.
ProsEase of use. It is full CAD software and the price is extremely competitive
ConsI'm a novice and so some of the instructions that might be intuitive to a seasoned designer took me some time to figure out
Recommendations to other buyersIf you need design software this is a great product
December 2, 2016
David H.
Student
January 24, 2018

“Easier then most of the apps. Are.. ”

OverallI don't know still using the program and trying to learn it's full capabilities. It's a bit overwhelming with all the icons and controls
Consslow booting issues with loading and processing speeds, Also so many different icons seem to clutter the program making it difficult to learn it
January 24, 2018
Farral G.
Architect
April 30, 2018

“Good for Residential Design”

ProsTurboCAD is very affortable. It has some great features that would work with designing homes and perhaps small commercial projects.
ConsI wouldn't want to attempt a complex architecture project with TurboCAD. I am sure it has been done, and I am not an expert, but I wouldn't advise it.
April 30, 2018
Jordan Jade H.
Entertainment, 1-10 employees

“Self Taught Beginner”

OverallI work for a Talent search competition and we were having trouble with the people who had to set up, a friend suggested to me to use the program so i could Visually show the people what we wanted.
ProsThe software made what i wanted a reality, With habit of googling i managed to design and present how i wanted an an Auditorium to look for our Auditions and I am so glad it helped so much
ConsNot the most intuitive system, had to google a lot to get to where i wanted to be