i4a AMS Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.9/5

About i4a AMS

i4a Membership and I4A Enterprise are intuitive membership software Our fully integrated content manager is responsive, with free families of designs, including graphics and images. Also available SSO w/WordPress at https://wordpress.org/plugins/internet4associations-single-sign-on/. Supports members-only content on WP. Manage web content, membership database, dues billing and renewals, event registration, reports, e-mail campaigns, and more. Includes software support, hosting and upgrades. Learn more about i4a AMS

Gayle H.
Member Services Coordinator
June 8, 2017

“Our non-profit uses i4a for all aspects of our organization-website; member database; finance, sales”

OverallIt's a one-stop shop for all of our needs and organizes our membership database, our membership renewals, our financials, our sales, our meeting registration needs and our website!
ProsFor the most part, the software is intuitive and comes with detailed wiki instructions as well as personalized support (for a monthly fee -- well worth it) for all aspects of the software package. The Support team responds immediately and will even conduct telephone training with your staff. They are professional, knowledgeable, competent and they are like an extension of your team! Additionally, i4a does not "sleep on the job" and is continually improving the software based upon customer feedback. The roll-out for new initiatives in announced well in advance and with a complete review of new features along with instructions. The reliability of our website is extraordinary! In the six years that I've been here, the number of times the website has gone down is fewer than you can count on one hand. Their system notifies them of any problem and they resolve the issue before I'm even aware that it has occurred. I have never received a call from a member notifying me that our website was down.
ConsA caveat to these comments is that I am almost 65 years old and came to my current position at the age of 58. Previous to this, I had no experience managing a membership database, managing a website, and creating registration forms as well as forms for selling products. That being said, working within the i4a software system is relatively intuitive; however due to the complexity of the multi-faceted software, inevitably I've run into snags. When that occurs, I can navigate through the system either using written instructions provided on the wiki or submitting support tickets for individualized assistance. There is a monthly fee for the Support service and it is well worth it! The i4a technical support team becomes like one of your own staffers!
June 8, 2017
Adele M.
February 13, 2017

“i4a is a Key Part of our Business Success!”

OverallWe have been with i4a since about 1996. We were one of the first Associations to process membership apps and meeting registrations online. At the time most Associations had links to printable forms which had to be filled in and mailed with a check. i4a made it possible for us to be on the cutting edge. i4a is a company I trust because they are always updating their equipment and processes. I am able to be in complete control of our Website and their system makes our site very professional, in both looks and functionality. Their customer service is exceptional. I always get a quick response to any support questions/issues I post and their entire team is very helpful and knowledgeable. I have worked with many of the team for a couple of decades. It always helps to have continuity. We have completely updated our site a couple of times and their team always worked closely with us for a smooth transition, and each time we were thrilled with the results and upgrades. Thank you Donald Rome and team for making NARTS function and look so good!
ProsWe like everything about this software. It help our business function at our best.
ConsI can't think of anything we don't like.
February 13, 2017
Barbara D.
Account Executive
November 15, 2017

“Best Customer Support Team ANYWHERE”

OverallOur client benefits but me personally - not so much
ProsThe accounting functions and how we can bill anyone without mailing a letter. I feel comfortable with the report functions so billing our client without postage costs is quite a plus especially our thrifty cost cutting members.
ConsThree things. First - The updates which cause changes to the process. I understand updates need to be made but maybe not so often. I will just get a handle on the process and it changes. It's not just you - it's all programs. Second - the need to refresh. Drives me crazy. A report will be completely off kilter so we will need to refresh. Third - the change I requested almost three years ago which still hasn't been completed. Split the Name change and Company name change. Ok - one more Con - the Browser requirements. Some of our members are global and can not update to Google Chrome or Firefox. They have HUGE issues accessing the site.
November 15, 2017
Tracy W.
Treasurer
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2019

“Easy to use and affordable.”

OverallThis was a great solution for our organization. It was quick and easy to setup, including the web content. Comprehensive, easy to use and affordable.
ProsWe have used I4A Membership Software for 2 years and it has met our specific needs nicely. We have numerous documents of various categories that we retain and must make available to our home owners and I4A's included resource library does that for us. We also had specific requirements for invoicing assessments. While the primary assessment is fixed month to month and varies annually, there are always additional fees or perhaps special assessments. I4A made it easy for us to automatically invoice and record amounts receivable for these. As an association we are responsible for the exteriors of eleven large structures. The database allowed us to record and track repairs such as painting, roofs, venting or exterior siding so as to project future repairs and minimize costs.
ConsWe have not run into anything that created problems for us.
September 11, 2019
Amber Elaine C.
Higher Education, 1-10 employees
February 12, 2019

“Ideal association management software”

Prosi4a allows us to do so much, despite being an office of just 2 FTE. We have hundreds of universities in our association, with thousands of individuals engaged. The software allows us to provide a professional website, register participants for our workshops and meetings, easily remind members about membership renewal, and now also integrate with an online community platform (and a lot more). The help ticket system works great and the i4a team is knowledgeable and professional.
ConsThere hasn't been anything not to like; I've used much more expensive, custom-built solutions at other organizations and this is easier to use!
February 12, 2019
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
April 10, 2019

“Rating i4a highly for their List Mailing Services”

OverallThey have great customer service that is very responsive. Although we moved to other platforms for most our CMS, the email listserve I mentioned remains extremely valuable to our organization.
ProsThe CMS is highly customizable, making it very powerful in conforming with your needs. I'm mostly using it for the listserve services which so far, I have not seen any other service that works they way we need it to. basically, it allows us to have selected groups email each other and respond to individuals or the whole group without having to copy and paste a bunch or "cc" or bcc" addresses.
ConsSome of the back end and setup is not as user friendly or good looking as others I use but it is still very functional and part of it is due to the customization it offers. There are a few features very specific to our organization that we wanted but were unable to fulfill without creating an issue elsewhere. There are always workarounds but it would be nice to have what we need without compromise.
April 10, 2019
Patrick F.
Plastics, 11-50 employees
May 16, 2018

“Super happy 15 year customer, launched more than a dozen sites using the I4A AMS platform”

OverallA tool which everyone on the team can use to support their role in the organization. Tremendous cost savings, more that $100K annual savings with the implementation of I4A. Solid support team, great tutorials and instructional information.
ProsSimple, reliable, intuitive, modular, scale-able. Has all of the core functionality associations need to be successful. No need for plug ins, 3rd parties, additional integrations. And priced at a fraction of what other systems cost.
ConsAs a platform which is configurable, not really customizable , it does not handle well very unique, unusual business processes. But this is a concern less than 1% of the time.
May 16, 2018
Nick R.
August 23, 2017

“We have used i4a AMS for over 10 years and are completely satisfied. Highly recommend this platform.”

OverallEase of use at an affordable price.
ProsThe interface provided to handle content management is extremely easy to use for anyone who is not a professional website developer. Adding pages and arranging them is very intuitive, allowing anyone with basic knowledge about website content management to serve as a webmaster. The editor for content is also simple with the ability to code if necessary. Also manage a site using WordPress and always have problems figuring out where to go to accomplish what is a simple task in the i4a system.
ConsThere isn't much to comment on here. If there is one thing it would be that there seem to be too many updates and improvements. Our website is fairly static and I realize that other clients have probably requested the new features even though we don't use them. Occasionally, the new features require me to change how I do things, but it's a minor inconvenience that will probably be beneficial in the future once I catch up.
August 23, 2017
Chris B.
Communications Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
November 17, 2016

“i4a Software is an excellent choice!”

OverallFor associations and professional societies needing complete web services, i4a is an outstanding option. Having CMS and AMS capabilities `under one roof, makes the web development process painless, fast and affordable.
ProsEasy to use; intuitive interface; data management and content development all 'under one roof.' Great customer service.
Recommendations to other buyersTake advantage of their Wiki for great 'how to' solutions.
November 17, 2016
Robbie M.
May 30, 2019

“Great, affordable software”

OverallWe are a small non-profit organization. i4a was able to customize the software to fit our unique needs. Their customer service cannot be beat.
ProsEase of use for us and our members. Ability to customize to fit our needs.
ConsNothing at all. It does exactly what we need it to do.
May 30, 2019
Paul S.
Executive Officer
January 2, 2019

“i4a AMS Ease of Use and Customer Support”

OverallWe are a nonprofit organization and we rely on i4aAMS to manage all of our communication with our members. We rely on the software to maintain our database, collect our dues via links to our website, manage our files, etc. Customer support is outstanding. Questions are answered promptly, explanations and solutions are offered for any and all situations. The support staff is professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I recommend i4A AMS enthusiastically without reservation.
ProsThere are many things to like about this software, but what I like most are its ease of use and customer support.
ConsI've been working with i4a for four years now and I haven't discovered cons yet.
January 2, 2019
Tamara O.
Project and Communications Manager
Executive Office, 11-50 employees
August 18, 2019

“It's ok for low budgets ”

ProsI'm not a fan of this AMS however, since I've been using it for more than 3 year I came to terms with all the things it doesn't have to offer. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who's looking for a new solution. But if your budget is low, you can give it a try.
ConsVery limited functionality, not user-friendly, takes a lot of time to do one-click operations. On a positive side, their support team will assist with your issues but once you exceed your contracted hours, you'll be billed for any extra work and it's not cheap.
August 18, 2019
Merikokeb W.
Website Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
March 21, 2019

“Excellent Customer Support and Reasonable Price for Associations”

OverallWe are not using i4a's AMS for now.
ProsEasy to use and very cost effective for our organization. When we submit a ticket for support we get immediate help and the staff goes above and beyond to help us.
ConsThere is nothing that is not working for us. All our needs are covered by the CMS.
March 21, 2019
Jazmyn B.
Certification Assistant
11-50 employees
October 19, 2017

“Bulky & Archaic”

Pros- Once you learn how to use it, pretty easy to navigate. - Wiki page is helpful. - Price point is good for small associations
Cons- Limited functionality and capabilities. Unattractive design for admin users. - Learning how to use it is tedious, even to those experienced in CMS. - Content manager/theme manager is very fickle. - Website design is not great for an average user. Must know a fair amount of web design to edit website.
October 19, 2017