MAPCON Ratings

Overall

About MAPCON

Mapcon Technologies, Inc. has both a Lite and Pro CMMS, along with various advanced modules to help you get the system that fits your needs perfectly. They allow users to install it themselves on their own server, or they can host it for you. Their software pricing is based on concurrent users instead of individual licenses, which saves companies money. Mapcon has all the features of a typical system, plus many others, like advanced reporting tools, a robust mobile app, and many others. Learn more about MAPCON

Dawn W.
Maintenance System Coordinator
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

“STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE”

OverallUnited Wisconsin Grain Producers LLC (UWGP) started using MAPCON in 2005 when production of our facility began. Since this time, MAPCON has become an important key to our day-to-day successes by providing and modifying a maintenance program that meets our ever changing needs. Using MAPCON has allowed UWGP to maximize maintenance records and store pertinent information that can be retrieved quickly. We are able to identify and stock critical parts while keeping an accurate inventory. UWGP also has a valued benefit of scheduling preventative maintenance; which reduces both downtime and maintenance costs. UWGP knows that support for MAPCON is only a call away. By utilizing all the tools available in MAPCON, UWGP has become #1 in plant up-time and #1 in low maintenance costs according to the 2013 Christianson & Associates Benchmarking Reports. UWGP employees are very proud of these accomplishments. This only proves that MAPCON is the heartbeat of the maintenance department. UWGP is always looking to achieve maximum efficiency along with increasing performance. MAPCON is growing right with us. WE ARE STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE
ProsFirst of all the customer service. In the beginning I called/emailed a tremendous amount. In time things came easier and I didn't have to call/email as much. Truthfully one day I got an email asking me how I was because he didn't hear from me in a while. Its nice to know they are only a phone call or email away. Mapcon always gets back to me and if they can't at that moment they always send me another email address or phone number. Its nice to know someone always has your back.
ConsNot so much me as the coordinator. I am happy with the software and am always striving to know more and get better at running it. Its the ones that pay the bills and signs my check. I guess the cost is hard to swallow.
Recommendations to other buyersI know we have "MUG"--(mapcon users group) I have learned a lot when I went to the conference and talked to others. BUT, it would be nice to have a group of the coordinators that could communicate with each other about day today problems that might occur. It would be nice to hear "oh yes, I had that happen and this is what I did to fix it"

By MAPCON Technologies on January 12, 2017
Hi Dawn! We took what you said to heart and have created a LinkedIn Group specifically for MAPCON users. Here is the link: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8578280 Thanks for the feedback, and we hope to see you posting in the group! -Heather
Jennifer M.
Facilities Coordinator
Consumer Goods, Unspecified
October 25, 2016

“Hard to learn, great to use”

OverallThis is a review of an older version of Mapcon (5.2). I am new to the facilities management world and part of my introduction was learning Mapcon. As I said, we have an older version which is not as user friendly as the current one. However, the people at Mapcon have been fantastic at helping me understand; Steve in particular has given me hours and hours of training, both over the phone and through a hands-on class at their office in Johnston, IA. He has a way of explaining that flicks a switch in my brain and makes everything clear. After working on and with Mapcon for a year, I am a believer. While my company is still just using a small percentage of the capabilities, I can see huge possibilities for the future. As we continue to add data and expand our usage, Mapcon will become more and more valuable in cost reduction, changing from reactive maintenance to proactive, and updating our technology. I have read reviews on CMMS systems and one constant pain point is data entry. My version of Mapcon is clunky when it comes to adding inventory; one window to create the record, another to create the image, another to seed the inventory. While entering inventory was tedious, we used that time to also reorganize and purge our parts room. Now we're proud of our clean, well-organized, easy to use parts room and corresponding Mapcon data. The techs can find what they are looking for much easier as all parts are in the computer with locations, quantities and manufacturers stock numbers. Once we add min/max numbers we will start to utilize the reporting on low inventory and not have to depend on the human factor. So while data entry was time consuming, the result is definitely worth the effort. We've also started on updating and filling in data on our equipment. By creating levels of locations we can start tracking breakdowns better and see trends before they become catastrophes. We're adding exploded views to the equipment so when a tech needs a part, he can pull up the image and find the part number, then pull up that part number and find it quickly in stock. Every step we take builds to the next, making Mapcon more and more robust and essential. My future will consist of creating and using failure codes, cycle counts and adding bar coding capabilities. Mapcon allows me to see how this all works together to benefit my team, company and the bottom line.
ProsAll areas work together, but you don't need to use all capabilities to get results.
ConsNot user friendly

By MAPCON Technologies on November 15, 2016
Hello Jennifer, Thanks so much for the compliments! I'm really glad you were able to attend 3-day training here in Iowa, and I am glad to hear that you got something out of it, aside from looking at my handsome face for those days :) I truly enjoy doing these training classes, and I am really glad it shows. -Steve
Flint B.
Programmer/robot tech/maintenance/IT
Automotive, 201-500 employees
October 25, 2016

“Great Software and getting better.”

OverallSo far we have been pretty happy with this software. Support has been really helpful too. They were quick to fix a bug I found in the mobile app. I like that they seem eager to constantly improve their software too. For us our ultimate goal is to utilize the mobile app as much as possible and have a completely paperless system. For now we are still printing the PM's and entering them in manually until we can get everyone using the mobile app.
ProsThe mobile side of the system is what drew me in. I like the idea of being able to create work requests, work orders, complete pm's etc. all from the mobile app. I also plan to use the mobile app to help track some of our inventory in the future. I also like that the person requesting the work can get updates on its status by email.
ConsFor new users it can be difficult for them to understand sites and zones and just getting them started in general. Also, I would like to have more storage space for attachments. I would like to be able to have equipment manuals and even some videos for some of the assets and pm's. I have been able to somewhat work around this by using dropbox and just supplying links but that seems to be hit or miss on the mobile side.
Recommendations to other buyersI have submitted a few feature requests and would like to see them implemented in the future. I would like for the mobile app to have the possibility to scan an asset tag and from there have the ability to see any work requests, work orders, incomplete pm's etc. for that asset. Also, I would like the ability for the maintenance manager to create follow up work orders/pm's based off the findings from pm's. (This is the main reason we still print pm's and enter them in manually)

By MAPCON Technologies on November 15, 2016
Hi Flint, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Our marketing team is actually working on creating a video explaining Sites and Zones. It will be on our website soon. We have taken your software feedback and sent it directly to our programmers for them to consider for future releases. Thanks again! -Diane
Todd S.
Systems Administrator
Newspapers, 201-500 employees

“Older Version 5.1SP4”

OverallIt is a good system for the price. Systems are only as good as the planning of configuration and data entry, most offer very similar features. This system will do most of what is required, however do to the age of our version, it lacks in mobility and domain integration. The newer systems offer this mobility and integration, however it parses out, and charges for, some of the modules that are all included in the older version. Regardless, costing is sensible compared to other systems and it is a company that listens and does try to build and address problems related to their customers.
ProsIt works for our specific needs. It is not too much and too expensive to where it is justifiable to purchase and make it work for if we put effort into making sure the data is accurate.
ConsThere are bugs, it does lock up and at times corrupts data. Some of the batch changes do not always works well. The mobility can be cumbersome. We know it may be due to the age of our system, which I can only speak from.
Recommendations to other buyersBe sure you have a plan for implementation and what you are really trying to get from the system and it will provide data for KPIs. You can ease usage for employees and managers through custom menu selections and reporting. It can be very easy to use and retrieve information if you build it properly.

By MAPCON Technologies on November 17, 2016
Hi Todd, Thanks for sending this review. We appreciate your being a customer of ours for so long! If you ever change your mind and think you would like to upgrade, you know how to reach us! -Diane
Patrick K.
Process Engineer
Building Materials, 201-500 employees
October 25, 2016

“A great product with even better customer service”

OverallI have been working with Mapcon for about 4 years now and I was the one tasked with building the system from the very bottom, up. The system has its ups and downs and shortcomings like any other program (some times automatic reporting is a bit tedious); however, the ability for it to maintain records, notify affected employees, and allow our users to create and check the status of work orders and inventory is invaluable. It has saved our company both time and money, which is a must in this economy. And, if I ever experience an issue, their customer service are prompt, knowledgeable, and always easy to work with. You get a person every time and there is no hassle. Great product with even better customer service.
ProsThe ability to obtain reports, manage inventory, and track work requests to completion Track spending through different departments
ConsAutomatic reporting doesn't always send out to list Some options are hard for non computer savvy users to understand

By MAPCON Technologies on November 15, 2016
Hi Patrick, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We have passed along your comments to our trainer, Steve, since he will be at your location soon for training. He will go over the reporting options with you. I¿ve been talking to you for years now and appreciate your kind words about our customer service. As you know¿call if you need us. :) -Diane ¿
Ken S.
Purchasing Manager
Mining & Metals, 201-500 employees

“Administrator”

OverallFor the most part it is working well. There are a few issues that we need to work through and are hoping that it can be used in the manner that we need. It is sometimes difficult to set up a partial inventory. I still wants to print out the entire location inventory instead of just specific locations. We also have issues with the auto re-order attaching parts to an existing requisition instead of creating a new requisition. Over all it is working well for us and is building significant history for repairs and parts. We will continue to work through these issues and hopefully we can get the results we desire.
ProsDue to the repetitive nature of the software it is easier to train new employees on the basics of Mapcon.
ConsWe have been working on the barcode module and are finding that because of limitations we may not be able to perform all of the functions that we would like.
Recommendations to other buyersIt may be a benefit to all of the users to send out monthly training tips on general Mapcon subjects. It may help some of the newer user to grasp the way the program works.

By MAPCON Technologies on November 15, 2016
Hi Ken, Thanks for leaving us a review. Our trainer, Steve, will be coming to do on-site training at your facility soon, and he can help you work through some of these issues. In the meantime, feel free to call us for support if needed. -Diane
Rudolph O.
Electrician and Mapcon administrator.
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

“Mapcon 5.10”

OverallWe are using Mapcon version 5.10 the oinsight version. I have seen the newer version of Mapcon and what I saw of it has most if not all of the same features as the 5.10 version. We have been using Mapcon from 1997 to present day. We use the Equipment records, Purchasing, Inventory, Work order and Preventive maintenance of the system. We have generated 262106 work orders and 98221 purchase orders. We use our Mapcon! Over the years Mapcon support team has come to our rescue many times with their remote Assist Customer to come in by wire to fix the problem or by training in person or over the phone so we could fix our own problems. When we needed features that was not part of the stock system, they would build it through there custom programing. Also the cost of this was reasonable, especially when compared to other software company's modifications or add-ons. It is my opinion that anyone that chose to use Mapcon would be happy that they did for the cost savings of the software and the support team that Mapcon offers. They are upfront with what options are available and would never leave you out in the cold.
ProsIts ability to do what is needed.
Consnone.
Paula F.
Maintenance Clerk
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

“Working with Mapcon”

OverallBefore joining the SXP family, i had never used a CMMS program. Now, almost 6 years later, I love it. It makes my job so much easier. Entering the information into Mapcon is a time consuming task, although very user friendly, however, once it is all entered and you begin your process of work requests, work orders, reports, and especially the PM program. i could not have asked for a better system than Mapcon. Mapcon's customer service reps are spectacular as well. i used them alot in the first year & have had situations in the previous years to have to call. Never have we ending our call unsatisfied. The training that we have received from Mapcon, via computer or on site, has been great as well.
ProsThe fact that i can create our own reports based on the different requests from our various department heads.
ConsSometimes the inventory on hand gives me a fit and takes me a few minutes to figure out where I went wrong. LOL other than that i am really very satisfied with the program.
Joe B.
CMMS Administrator

“#LOVEMYMAPCON”

OverallI have used Mapcon for over ten years and can't imagine my life without it. We track work orders, purchases, inventory, preventive maintenance schedules, and equipment with this software. Users include positions such as my own as the administrator, all the way to our Process Operators. The software is utilized by Safety and Production Coordinators, Lab and Maintenance Managers, as well as Maintenance and Process Technicians. If you do your work putting information into the system, getting information out is a breeze. While I know no other CMMS programs, I also care not to.
ProsThe thing I probably like the most is how Mapcon offers such a reliable and efficient way to track work, spare parts, labor, and purchases. Customer Support is always available when the need arises and Mapcon is diligent in improving the software continuously. They are open to suggestions and striving to make the software work for you.
Leah G.
Corporate Quality Manager
Warehousing, 501-1000 employees
October 25, 2016

“Simplistic, Easy to Use, Great reporting! ”

OverallMapcon has been a great tool for our maintenance program. My experience with this has been long because we built it from scratch with this software. I love the flexibility of the software. The software itself is very easy to use and train others to use. The customer service level has not been consistent. In my experience, there are employees that exceed expectations and there are other employees who make obtaining information or answering questions difficult. One example of this was that I was sold this software with the understanding that I could train 1 person at all of my facilities. When I went to set up the online training I was told I could only have 3 at a time and I would have to pay for multiple training sessions. The first person who told me this was not helpful. The second lady that I spoke with worked it out for me after she found out what had been done previously. I also had another experience with a customer ser
ProsThe software itself!
ConsThe Customer Service inconsistencies.

By MAPCON Technologies on November 16, 2016
Hi Leah, Thanks for the review! I am glad I was able to help resolve the training situation. Please let me know if I can be of any further service. I'm always here if you need anything! -Diane
Pete H.
Chemicals, 1-10 employees
October 27, 2016

“Great, cost effective maintenance solution”

OverallMany maintenance management packages are packed chock-ful of features that you never use. MAPCON is simple and has all the most important functions, and comes at a much lower cost than alternatives. We are upgrading to the latest version, v6.3, which brings better, more versatile reporting tools and web-integration (including support for mobile devices).
ProsSimple, all important functions, very good pricing (cloud and outright purchase)
ConsMultiple currency support has had to be custom developed for us, as it only handles USD by default. Scheduling of shift teams only works if your shift pattern recurs on a seven day week. We have 4x12 hour shifts, so can't use any of the automatic resource allocation and scheduling.
Recommendations to other buyersTake the trial, which you can do based on the web without a full installation. You can choose to enter your own data or start with a pre-populated database...
Tyler P.
October 25, 2016

“City Of Garden City- Mapcon Review”

OverallMy experience with Mapcon goes back a while now. Working with Mapcon at my previous employer and now with the City. I have definitely learned a whole lot more of what Mapcon has to offer with the City. From starting from the ground up, it has been quite an adventure and challenge to say the least. We here at the City have requested many custom challenges for the Mapcon Programmers. Every customization yet has delivered just what we wanted and needed to operate in our daily functions. I came from a whole different world it seems like at the Ethanol plant. When I started here at the City, they had just purchased Mapcon. :) I had a sense of relief knowing that, and how I would at least know about that coming into the organization! At times I felt the pressure was one me for Mapcon to deliver what we all needed here and the different request from employees that would be working with Mapcon on a daily basis. Overall Mapcon is a great quality product. I can see it benefiting the smallest mom and pop type establishments to multi-million dollar companies. Once users are trained and they are in the system on a regular basis, the ease of use is not bad at all. I recently hired an employee that hardly spent any time on a computer, literally didn't know enough to be dangerous. After about 3 months of hands on training, this employee can just about do just about anything. From attaching inventory, making new inventory part #'s, purchasing in the few different sites we have to setting up new users and all the details that takes. That right there shows the quality, ease of use and support Mapcon has. There are so many features and options in the software, I wish i had time to sit back and check them all out...maybe one day It's crazy knowing there are City employees out doing work orders on the ipads. Its really come along way!! The response time with support would be the only thing that could be better. I feel i know just about everyone in that office, I am very happy to be apart of Mapcon and look forward to the future! I
Mickey P.
51-200 employees
November 16, 2016

“Great for ISO/TS compliance”

OverallMAPCON has been very helpful in preparing our maintenance department for compliance with ISO/TS requirements. Our recent TS audit was very successful due to the ability to any report the auditor asked to see. As with any CMMS, the results of using this software are only as good as the information the user enters into it. MAPCON tech support is very helpful in getting the software up and running and keeping it running. I would recommend MAPCON to anyone that's serious about scheduling, tracking, and reporting their maintenance functions.
ProsI like the ease of the reporting features, the scheduling of PMs and how they are e-mail to my inbox once the system generates them.
ConsThe software is a somewhat hard to navigate for beginners. I would strongly recommend purchasing the extra training from MAPCON for the administrator of the system.
Recommendations to other buyersDownload the online user manuals and put them into a well indexed notebook. This will be of great value to person responsible for commissioning the software and setting up the system.
November 16, 2016
Donna F.
Maintenance Coordinator
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees
November 8, 2016

“Mapcon Review”

OverallI use Mapcon for 90% of my daily job, it is very user friendly. It helps me keep track of our equipment and what we spend on it, and what the reoccurring problems we may be having. I run 5 main monthly reports for our management team that helps them see where we are spending the company's money. We currently have the older version the 5.2 version and now we are looking at the latest and greatest version of Mapcon from what I can see that would be a great step forward for our company!!
ProsVery easy to use even for the people that are not computer friendly people.
ConsWe have had some difficulties with Windows 10 and Mapcon being compatible.
Recommendations to other buyersThe support that we get is Awesome!!

By MAPCON Technologies on November 17, 2016
Hey Donna, Thank you for the feedback! The new version that you're looking at is compatible with Windows 10. Yay! -Diane
November 8, 2016
Debbie H.
CMMS Coordinator
Arts and Crafts, 501-1000 employees

“MAPCON REVIEW”

OverallI was using a different program in the past and we switched to Mapcon, thinking it would be more powerful. All in all, I have to say it's "6 of one and half a dozen of the other". Although some features are nice to have, the overall user friendliness of the program and the logic of how it should work are still lacking. I think there could be many more improvements done to this system.
ProsI like the ease of the pm scheduling, and the automatic scheduler. So if I am on vacation I know the PM's will still be generated and nothing will be missed. I like the idea of the hand held devices, so that the tradesmen can access their work orders onsite and close them off.
ConsAlthough the pm scheduling is very handy, the drawback about it is that it won't accommodate a rotating resource schedule. Also, it is is very difficult to schedule pm's that are on a seasonal basis only. Also, I found that if tradesmen are closing out their own work orders, then you can't assign multiple men to one work order, because once that work order is closed by one person, it ends up closed for the other person who is assigned, and then their work order "disappears" on their open list and can get forgotten. So, multiple work orders have to be opened for the same job and assigned individually. Also, the program seems compartmentalized. I should be able to open, edit and close a work order all from the same screen. It's not very user friendly in many aspects.
Jeff K.
Maintenance Planner

“Great CMMS Software”

OverallI have worked with John and Steve with any issues on the current version of MAPCON we are currently running. They are highly knowledgeable and politely helpful. We are considering upgrading to the newer web based version because of the great support we have been receiving
ProsI like that is covers both our maintenance side and purchasing providing some great features/options on each.
ConsOur current software is very outdated, as it is almost impossible to access from off site. It is very costly to upgrade to the newer web based version.

By MAPCON Technologies on November 16, 2016
Hi Jeff, I am so glad to hear that our support team has been so helpful to you. We take pride in our world-class support here at Mapcon. I know we have sent you a quote on upgrading, so I hopefully that works out! Thank you for your business, -Diane
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees
August 9, 2018

“Not for all manufacturing companies”

OverallWe try to use it as the maintenance management module, for this it is useful in the handling of work orders and documentation, but we could not link it with SAP in any way so we don´t use it 100%
ProsIf you use it in your company from the beginning, it will be great, because its capacity is robust to cover all the management, both maintenance and human resources, supply chain and asset management.
ConsIf you already have some management software in any of the areas, it does not allow you to link them.
August 9, 2018
Bob K.
Maintenance Supervisor/Engineering Tech
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

“MapCon Lite”

OverallI was very hesitant to purchase such a "low cost" system with the fear of capabilities, reliability and service. That was very short lived after purchasing the system. Not only has the system become a great resource for our company but we have had many of our customers comment and praise our system for the information contained within but also the capabilities that it has. I would recommend this system to anyone needing just the basics of work orders all the way through inventory, payroll, and employee information.
ProsThe upkeep if very easy to maintain.
ConsReports are sometime difficult to create
Bob K.
Maintenance supervisor
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
October 26, 2018

“Best system I have ever used.”

OverallSince we have started using MapCon, many of our customers that audit us are very impressed with the abilities and reports available either the system. Many of them have called the system out specifically and commended it.
ProsUsing this software is very easy. If you attend to annual conference you can talk to real people that use this and get so many pointers and ideas that you can implement into your system.
ConsI run the lite version and the upgrade looks like it may take some getting used to.
Cullen R.
Mapcon Administrator
January 28, 2019

“Could use some work”

ProsPowerful software. Has a wide range of use and really helps keep inventory manageable.
ConsThe software needs some work in terms of ease of use. Now that I have been using the software for 5 years it is easy for me to find what I need. However if one of my guys tries to find something, the user interface proves difficult for them. It would be nice if you could be a first time user and easily navigate the software.
January 28, 2019
Ray S.
It Manager
Oil & Energy, Unspecified
November 15, 2016

“Nice new features and stable interface ”

OverallWe started using the new version of the software in October . We upgraded from their older system which was written on a different platform. New interface is nice as well as the web based program structure. Overall we are pleased with the new version and are looking forward to the enhancement features we will get in the future
ProsWeb based interface
ConsSome features and protocols don't go well with the way we operate on a po level and work order level.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease listen to the users and keep enhancing the software with our requests
Lara P.
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees

“Updated Mapcon Technology”

OverallThe new version of mapcon is easy to use and maneuver through....work orders, purchase orders ...searching/completing data is quick and painless. Customer support is very quick and helpful with their responses.
ProsEasy to use, can manipulate data as needed to search for information.
ConsHave issues with the grid setting not staying in order - I will adjust as best fits my needs and save but the next time I open the program I have to spend time to adjust again as they go back to default settings.
Janelle V.
Purchasing / Inventory Coordinator
November 7, 2018

“Purchasing / Inventory Coordinator”

OverallWhen I started they didn't use it for inventory even though some information was in it. Now we have all our inventory in the system we know where it is located, how many we have. It's very exciting to be able to tell they guys what they need and it's all due to this system.
ProsOnce you understand it, it makes sense, easy to maneuver it holds a lot of information
Consyou have to remember where to go to get your information.
November 7, 2018
Larry B.
CMMS Administrator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees
November 2, 2018

“Good Value”

OverallWe have developed a working database consisting of our equipment and the tracking of maintenance functions in relation to it.
ProsThe ease of which training can be passed on to those who have no prior knowledge of a CMMS.
ConsI would like to gain more knowledge in the automation of the Inventory Control part of the program. This is not a shortcoming of the software, only of my exposure to it.
November 2, 2018
Jason R.

“My Mapcon Review”

OverallOverall Mapcon is a great CMMS for the cost. There are a few changes that should be make with reports and such. There are also some features that I would add which would make Mapcon a stand out tool.
ProsEase of use and functionality for the cost
ConsReports can be confusing to navigate what you are looking for. Also need to add reports that fall into the guidelines of industry best practices
Recommendations to other buyersPlenty but would be quicker to speak with someone.
Mohammed F.
Business Development Manager
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
October 27, 2018

“Why MAPCON”

OverallManage Maintenance aspects from all side, financial, cost, warehouse, labor .. etc
ProsEasy, Functionality rich, Many modules, fast, requires little processing power... Good from most aspects, The unlimited requester, Email transfer to work request, Scheduler
ConsPrice dependent on no of Assets/locations .. but Prices stays within the low range
October 27, 2018
Hector R.
VP
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
November 15, 2016

“Mapcon is a Great Software for Industrial Maintenace”

OverallWe are TS16949 (Automotive Certified) company and Mapcon is our main software for Maintenance control and Calibration Matrix. Besides being a great and easy to use tool for us, all the customer and registrar audits have been impressed with the level of control and accuracy that we have. Definetively a great decisio to use it.
ProsEasy to use, very powerful application.
ConsA liitle pricy
Charlie S.
CMMS administrator

“Purchasing made easy”

OverallI always use Mapcon to create purchase orders. It is easy to use and helps me keep track of costs. I also use it to keep track of inventories. The system allows me to set replenishment points and it has a feature that would automatically issue a purchase requisition when the stock hits the reorder level.
ProsEase of use
ConsThere are some modules that are not in the basic package
Recommendations to other buyersNone
Romana R.
Facilities Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
October 31, 2016

“Love the system!!”

OverallMapcon makes our experience as a facilities team easier to control and organize. The PM's keep us on track with our equipment and lets up trail all projects from start to finish!
ProsPM system that automatically reminds the team of what is needed at that time.
ConsThe fact, that we have to buy multiple license to use.
Recommendations to other buyersTo remember emails addresses across the board.
October 31, 2016
Elias W.
Lab Technician
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

“Just remember, 1-800-223-4791”

OverallThis program really lets us do a lot, and I feel we're barely scratching the surface with what we could be doing. It does take some getting used to. Thankfully, the customer service is excellent and great at figuring out problems.
ProsIts great how you can tie everything together. From the parts in the operation, to the work that has been done on them, and how much all of it cost.
ConsIt takes a little bit to get used to. Also hard to remember where some stuff is that isn't used too often.
Mark B.

“Mapcon 5.0 Review”

OverallI have been with my company and used Mapcon 5.0 for the past nine years. It is a wonderful product and I would recommend it to anyone in need of a high quality CMMS. The canned reports are great and the customer support is outstanding. We are starting the process of upgrading to the new 6.0 version.
ProsCustomer service
ConsCreating personalized reports can be difficult
Perry P.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees

“Mapcon Online”

OverallOur experience is a work-in-progress since upgrading from an older stand alone PC version of Mapcon Lite. Investing in the online version was a good move for us. However, we have not been able to solve problems using the mobile version from an Apple ipad. I hope ease of use improvements are made to the reports feature.
ProsOnline version has upgrades, and Remote access.
ConsMobile functionality using an Apple Ipad. I would like to see a few more customizable features in the online version, without having to upgrade to the Pro version.
Recommendations to other buyersThe staff at Mapcon is a pleasure to work with.

By MAPCON Technologies on November 17, 2016
Hi Perry, I will make sure to pass along your feedback to our programmers. I'm really happy to see long-time users such as yourself giving reviews. Thank you for your business! -Diane
Travis M.
Maintenance Foreman

“Review Survey”

OverallI have been using mapcon for about 4 years now. Being in the system every day I have found many ways to do things and complete tasks that I need to do. I find it to be a good system and the customer support has been great every time I have contacted them. Thanks again for the support.
ProsCustomer Service
Consnothing as I have not used any other software.
Recommendations to other buyersnot really
Joseph H.
Supervisor
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees
January 24, 2019

“Solid software ”

OverallGood overall experience. Wish I could export data on my own easier (custiomization).
ProsMapcon focuses on the work as much or more than the accoutning aspect. It is made for streamlined functionality.
ConsLimited ability to customize without Mapcon doing it.
January 24, 2019
Michael O.
Contract Administration Manager
Government Administration, 5001-10,000 employees
November 2, 2016

“City of Omaha - Facilities Management”

OverallWe have used Mapcon for around 25 years, it is a great software for what the use it for at the City of Omaha. I would recommend this to any facility manager. I am thankful for Mapcon and for all their support over the years. Hope to have another great 25 years with Mapcon. Thanks!!
ProsEase of use and documentation and history reports.
Brent K.
Maintenance Mannager
Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

“Mapcon Review”

OverallStarted using MAPCON 10 years ago . I like this software for the applications we use it for and its interfacing.
ProsUser friendly great support when needed. Train courses are helpful.
ConsI would like to see a back button instead of an exit button.
FRED M.
MAINTANANCE COORDINATOR
Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees
October 25, 2016

“PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE MADE EASY”

OverallONCE INTRODUCED TO THE SYSTEM IT WAS EASY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MANEUVER THROUGH THE PROCESS AND CREATE PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE WORK ORDERS BASED ON OUR COMPANY BUSINESS NEEDS.
ProsEASE OF USE
ConsNEEDS TO BE MORE CUSTOMIZABLE
Recommendations to other buyersLET YOUR CUSTOMER DESIGN WHAT FIELDS THEY NEED FOR THEIR PARTICULAR OPERATION.
Printing, 51-200 employees

“Great Software”

OverallThe Mapcon software has changed our business and decreased our overall emergency breakdown calls.
ProsEasy to setup and easy for my maintenance staff to use.
ConsCould be easier to jump between windows.
Jamie D.
COE/Maintenance Manager

“Maintenance Manager”

Overalltypical maintenance work management and inventory management
Prosease of use for every day use in maintenance work management
Conssome times difficult to navigate when trying to gather reports
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
March 26, 2019

“Huge Benefits For Our Maintenance Team And Fantastic Support”

OverallMapcon is very useful for our maintenance team and allows for tickets,inventory,problem management and issue tracking. it is easy and support is fantastic to work with
ProsAbsolutely amazing support,easy to work with and they know their product
ConsHas a very classic look to it, to me that is not a big deal, but some users expected a clean fancy look
March 26, 2019
adam s.
maintenance tech
Chemicals, 51-200 employees
November 8, 2018

“love it”

Overallcustomer service is great
Proskeeping track of our equipment and getting emails when pm's are do
Conslittle hard to use at first but you will get the hang of it
November 8, 2018
Paul G.
Purchasing
Farming, 51-200 employees
November 5, 2018

“MAPCON review”

OverallOverall MAPCON program works good. Purchasing and work orders works good. Farley new and learning how to navigate implementing inventory parts.
ProsVendor, Purchasing, Work Orders, Requisitions all work great. Easy to work on the MAPCON Program.
ConsInventory seams to be complex. seams like lot areas in MAPCON to put into the program.
November 5, 2018
David D.
Chemicals, 11-50 employees

“Good, not great”

OverallUnfortunately the PO side of MapCon is not as robust as I had hoped. If I fully understood the lack of ability for reporting options I may not have upgraded at all. At least with the old system we could create our own reports. I expected an upgrade to be not only more user friendly but also, at minimum, have the same capability of the original. The upgrade is nice but the limiting of M #'s and Assets seemed to a bit sneaky. While yes the quote mentioned numbers, the original MapCon had no such restriction and I believe that aspect should have been a talking point. As for customer service, we have have had to make multiple calls to follow up on requests. I expect better communication. We should not have to make those follow-ups to see where things are at.
ProsBetter interface than original
ConsNot as flexible as original, limited M #'s and Assets, specialized reports have to go through MapCon not created in-house,
Recommendations to other buyersBe open about limitations with the upgraded system

By MAPCON Technologies on November 17, 2016
Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We try to make our system scalable so it will fit both large and small organizations. This is why we price our systems according to number of assets and inventory parts as well as number of concurrent users. Our user quick reporter is not available from the purchasing module currently but it will be soon. We do offer an advanced business intelligence reporting tool, but it does require a more advanced level of report writing. We are continuing to improve internal procedures to meet our clients needs. Hopefully these improvements will ensure nothing falls through the cracks.As for our customer service, we pride ourselves on our world class support and truly believe the experiences you have had were the exception, not the rule. That being said, we do appreciate your feedback and will work hard to make sure our service is always consistent. Thanks again! -Diane
Kirk W.
Maintenance Specialist / Coordinator
Research, 1001-5000 employees

“Just what we needed.”

OverallMapcon has enabled us to not only track schedule and remind us for PM's, but allows us to gain valuable metrics, concerning parts inventory, labor planning, and downtime. It is very easy to use and set up. We researched many system and "test drove" several and Mapcon won out as the clear choice.
ProsEase of use, easy setup. Support is awesome!
ConsNot as customizable as we maybe would like
Judi C.
Administrative Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
April 17, 2015

“Lafayette General Health”

ProsWe have information at our fingertips. As long as the information that is put in is accurate, we get accurate reports. The reports we have gleened from MAPCON have helped us to pass our Joint Commission Surveys over the past 20 years.
ConsNothing specific. If I had to pick something, I would say that when trying to edit frequencies my system is slow at times; however, I don't know if it is on my end since it is hosted on our server or on MAPCON's end.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you are comparing apples to apples. Also, it would be very beneficial it they could get in touch with a current user(s) to talk to them about their experiences with MAPCON.
April 17, 2015
Jason H.
Director of Life Safety Systems
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees
November 4, 2018

“Hands down, the best CMMS software”

OverallA+++
ProsVery easy to use. Does everything we need it to and more. Customer support is top notch. Company liked it so much, we bought it for another location. It gets high marks from my office building tenants, and how hotel staff.
ConsNothing comes to mind. I have had zero problems.
November 4, 2018
Ryan B.
Logistcs and Asset Management
Construction, 51-200 employees
October 26, 2018

“Great Facilities Maintenance ”

ProsConsistent customer service. The customer service delivers as well as the product.
ConsWould like a rental aspect to the software.
Marshall W.
MRO Inventory buyer

“MRO inventory control”

OverallI have had a great experience with mapcon
Proslots of different functions that can be done
Consnot very easy to use for people who are new to it
Anthony C.
AVP of Facilities
Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

“Survey for Mapcon”

OverallThe only problem I have is with the PM part of it not going to well to set up correctly. I tried setting up PM's to have printed out monthly and quarterly, but no luck, I do not understand what I am doing wrong. Need help.
Prosease to keep track of work request,
ConsPM set up and printing, inventory tracking of more items could be included with basic Mapcon
Dennis H.
Director of Facilities
Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

“MapconAZ2016”

OverallA very useful tool. Customer support is very good. Takes a while to understand program but once you got it down can easily navigate.
ProsHas everything you need