PraxiSchool Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.2/5
4.8/5

About PraxiSchool

Your complete solution for School Management Software! Enjoy an easy solution for attendance, grades, records, daycare, lunch, accounting, student ID cards, time clock, and much more! Our online registration feeds data directly to your school records database. Accounting includes budgeting, payroll, accounts receivable, and more. Parents access grades, tuition payment, attendance, behavior, calendar, and more on the parent portal. Per student pricing makes PraxiSchool affordable for all schools! Learn more about PraxiSchool

Carli M.
Director of Advancement
Education Management, 51-200 employees
March 1, 2018

“Easy to learn. Does WAY more than I had hoped. The versatility and support is unparalleled. ”

OverallWe combined nine databases into one. Ease of use and versatile. Support is fantastic and so is the price! Both parents and the school loves having one database to which everyone has access.
ProsWe had nine separate databases operating at my school and we combined them into Praxi. Not only does Praxi handle everything for admin and the classroom, but it handles library, donors, lunch, communications, after school and finance. My parents are happy that they have one place to go to pay bills, see grades, demerits, calendar, announcements, etc. Admin loves it because we all have access to the same information and if the littlest piece of info changes (e.g. an email), it updates in the system and we all have access. The support that Praxi gives is unparalleled. Any software adoption has challenges as change is never easy, but Praxi made it as easy as it could be. Praxi was available for any training we needed - even if we needed a refresher. The online support is available to help and they make sure your question is answered while looking at your screen so you are using your data. At one point I had to wonder if we were the only school using Praxi because their response is so timely. (Of course, they have hundreds? Thousands? of schools.) They helped us every step of the way and they are still there for any questions big or small. The versatility of the reporting is also beyond anything I have seen and I have had experience with many databases. We can generate a report using any piece of data in Praxi and output it in a PDF, Excel sheet or email it. And you can't beat the price. Lots of value with an affordable price.
ConsPraxi does not currently have the ability for us to put hyperlinks in the Announcements page, but I'm told they have that on the "to do" list.

By PraxiPower Software on March 5, 2018
Carli, thank you for your kind words! It is truly our privilege to serve you and Incarnate Word Academy.
March 1, 2018
Adam R.
March 5, 2018

“Tremendous customer support and fantastic feature offers make this product of utmost value to school”

OverallThis software benefits ours school in virtually every aspect. From administrative and record keeping to lunch and student attendance tracking. Discipline and merits are easily tracked and accessed by the parents in the portal.
ProsThe president of the company went out of his way to meet with me and help setup features for an ACE school. I searched diligently for an online school management software that could accomodate the uniqueness of our program and found none. PraxiPower sought me out and worked with me to help customize their program to work for my school. I never thought I'd have all the features of an online program with parent and student portal access, but PraxiPower has made it reality for our school. Some of the features and their ease of use have enabled us to implement programs (such as lunch and aftercare) with ease. Overall it has taken our school up to the next level.
ConsThere are so many features that sometimes it is difficult to stay up with them all and take advantage of them all. There is an initial setup requirement for most of the features. However, once that initial setup is completed it is done and the data entry and manipulation becomes quite easy after that.

By PraxiPower Software on March 7, 2018
Adam, thank you for your review. We love serving you and ViewPoint Christian Academy!
March 5, 2018
Laurie E.
Administration
Education Management, 51-200 employees
September 1, 2016

“Awesome Customer Care”

OverallThe Praxi Power software system is very user friendly. The training and support we received when implemented was excellent and continues to be so on a daily basis. This says a lot about their customer service, which seems to be non existent in most business these days.
ProsThe Praxi Power Software system has organized our school information from staff to students to billing. Helping us to run much more efficiently. The software is easy to use and the support exceptional.
ConsA manual would be beneficial.
Recommendations to other buyersOne of the best features is the customer support we receive. If the program is not able to do what we need, it is very likely it will in the very near future as the owner and program writer are always looking for ways to improve and expand the software to meet the customers' needs.

By PraxiPower Software on September 1, 2016
Laurie, thanks so much for your kind words. It is our privilege to serve you and STEPS Academy. You will also be happy to know that a written manual is in the works to supplement our one on one training, as well as our tutorial videos. Great suggestion and thanks again!
September 1, 2016
Ami Lee P.
Admin. Asst.
June 22, 2016

“Praxi Review”

OverallI have had a good experience learning this program with lots of help from tech support!! I never hesitate to call and love talking with Ed and Jennifer. They never make me feel stupid with my questions. As I use the software I get more familiar with it and am not afraid to learn new things.
ProsAccess to tech support
ConsThe glitches and hang ups at times with it being a smaller company and a progressing company.
Recommendations to other buyersJust keep working with it and you will learn it. It takes a lot of practice using it to understand it.

By PraxiPower Software on June 22, 2016
Ms. Lee, thank you for your review of our software! We are delighted to have you as a customer and to hear about your good experiences with our staff and company. We are experiencing amazing growth and are committed to continuing to minimize any glitches that may occur. As you mentioned in your review, our staff is always ready and willing to assist you and all of our customers with any questions or issues that arise. Offering the most features in our industry inside one program does mean there is a learning curve, but I am glad to hear we have been there with you every step of the way. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to continuing to serve you!
June 22, 2016
Kimberly F.
Instructor
October 5, 2017

“Great program, easy to use and helpful customer service!”

ProsEase of use. The classroom is laid out in a manner that makes it easy for me to take attendance, record grades and communicate with my students parents. Also like the fact that they are always adding new features to improve the program and meet the needs of school staff members.
ConsI would like to see a discussion board area added to the program. While there is great communication options between staff to parents / students, there is not an option for students to communicate with each other.
October 5, 2017
Lisa E.
office manager
June 23, 2016

“review 2016”

OverallThe customer service is excellent. They go above and beyond to give support to their customers. Support staff are always available.
ProsFairly easy to use the basics. Encompasses all our schools needs.
ConsThere are so many different tabs to choose from, sometimes it is difficult to know where to look for something. There are somethings that should be a quick find but you end up digging around quite a bit before you find it.

By PraxiPower Software on June 23, 2016
Ms. Emery, thank you for your review, we love serving New Covenant Christian! We definitely appreciate your praise of our customer service and support staff. We believe strongly in providing all of the options a school needs in one system at our industry low price with unparalleled support. Thanks again and we look forward to many more years together!
June 23, 2016
Reid R.
September 6, 2019

“Fantastic program for small non-public schools with limited resources”

OverallI have now used 3 different school database systems. This one holds weight with the top of the line products used in my area, by overly funded public schools. One caveat, we are not using the finance side of the program.
ProsThe ease of set-up, high quality training and detailed resources for help. It also fits in our budget.
ConsOccasionally, I might have to refresh the page for an update.

By PraxiPower Software on September 10, 2019
Mr. Robbins, thank you for your review. It is our pleasure to serve you and the team at East Palmyra!
September 6, 2019
Karen M.
Financial Coordinator
November 15, 2017

“We have been using Praxi for over a year now and we all love it! ”

ProsIt's got everything I need all in one place - grading, student/parent database, tuition contracts, email, accounting, donor tracking and so much more!!! And it's easy to use!
ConsI can't wait until they develop an interface to use the software on iPads and iPhones- for both admin and parent/student portals.
November 15, 2017
Kerstin R.
Secretary
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
June 21, 2019

“PraxiSchool”

OverallThe use of PraxiSchool is opening up so many possibilities. The parents are thrilled that they will be able to pay on-line, select lunch, see grades. The teachers are thrilled to be able to put in attendance on their own, and that the lunches will not be punched on cards and the fact taht the parents can pay on-line frees up any mistakes I make!
ProsI like all of the features of the software. Having used nothing but Excel spreadsheets to try to keep track of payments, monies owed, etc., this is a lifesaver!
ConsI guess I haven't used it enough to have a dislike of anything!

By PraxiPower Software on June 26, 2019
Kerstin, thanks so much for using PraxiSchool. It is our privilege to serve you!
June 21, 2019
Sam M.
Teacher
September 30, 2017

“Great concept, limited access”

OverallNone really, I only use it because my school requires it.
ProsEasy to take attendance and journal student progress. I can see how this website would be very convenient if I was an administrator.
ConsSomewhat confusing to use, not an intuitive program. Wish there was an ios app for this, as I mostly use my iPad in the classroom, very frustrated that I cannot use my iPad with this website, even if I have Firefox on my device. Very annoying that I have to use Firefox with this website, as I don't need it for anything else. I have found the lesson planning section clumsy at best, there are simpler more user friendly sites that I use for lesson planning. The site freezes if I leave the web page open, forcing me to log in and out every time that I need to use it. As a teacher with limited time for admin during school hours this is very frustrating.
September 30, 2017
Beth A.
Bookkeeper
May 29, 2014

“Awesome program that does it all!”

OverallIf you are looking for a complete school system you can stop looking, you have found it with PraxiSchool! From enrollment, to classes, to transcripts, to full email capabilities, to lunch money to full general ledger (including payroll) and accounts receivable! The program is very user friendly and easy to follow and learn, but a complex, comprehensive system! Ed Arthur is GREAT!!! I can't say enough good things about him. If you have a suggestion to add or change something he is all ears and happy to accommodate! He spent countless hours working with me getting our system up and running and doing a full conversion. The customer service can't be beat! I have used by School Minder and ACS/Headmaster. PraxiSchool beats both of these systems hands down. I can always get help when I need it. The cost is also very, very reasonable! You definitely get a huge bang for your buck! If you are looking for a complete school system, please give PraxiSchool a look, you will be very glad you did!
May 29, 2014
Dawn U.
teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
January 23, 2019

“Don't waste your money!”

OverallI have completed several class in educational technology. I have worked for a software company with a successful IEP, medicaid, and billing software. I know how software should work. I would never recommend this program to anyone.
ProsI originally liked the idea that I could use it to write my lesson plans. I thought it would be helpful for the assignments I listed in my lesson plans would transfer to my grade book.
ConsThe system is unappealing in appearance. It looks antiquated and cheap. Every task that I try to complete involves multiple steps. The help I requested was unsuccessful at solving the problem. The training was poor.
January 23, 2019
Monieek H.
Learning Specialist
July 20, 2018

“Implementation of software was very smooth. Training and support team are always available to help!”

ProsLike most that it is cloud-based and easy to edit changes. Also, video recording the training sessions makes it easy to review click by click.
ConsDefinite learning curve in understanding all the functions and features. Unable to watermark transcripts.

By PraxiPower Software on July 23, 2018
Thank you Monieek for your honest assessment. We love working with you. New transcript features are scheduled to be released in August, so you will be excited to see those. Thanks again for choosing PraxiSchool!
July 20, 2018
December 3, 2017

“We tried, but Praxi couldn't step up to the plate”

OverallNone.
ProsIt reminded me of software I worked with in the late 90's, except that everyone got their own login and could access the software from any computer with internet access.
ConsWe cancelled after 5 months. It seems like this software is on a dying, almost obsolete platform and the interface is obtuse at best. After our first on-boarding call, several email containing questions were met with zero answers. Calls were met with techs that didn't know how to navigate the software. The only person who knew enough about the software was our tech, and she was so busy with other clients it was hard getting and maintaining her undivided attention. It always felt like she was on the other line with another client during our calls or chatting online with several people at once. During our calls she explained to us her frustrations with other clients and lamented the fact that she never gets any rest since she's the only one there who knows enough to help anyone. I'd be scared to approach this company until they seriously overhaul their software interface or at the very least train more staff to support their current client base.

By PraxiPower Software on December 19, 2017
This review is difficult to respond to due to it's anonymous nature. PraxiPower stands firmly behind our customer service and product and will be happy to provide references of current customers.
December 3, 2017
Rhonda A.
Elementary Principal
October 23, 2014

“PraxiSchool”

OverallFBA has used several school management programs over the years and with the acquisition of Praxi, find the multitude of functions, ease of use and customer service to be exceptional in comparison. Teachers find the program user friendly with great functions to keep students and parents aware of academic progress. Praxi melds many areas - tuition accounts, lunch orders, attendance, discipline, parent communication, grade books, report card and evaluation templates, etc - into one easy to use program. Praxi truly lives up to its motto - Do it Live, Do it Once, Do it Praxi! And one of the most important components of Praxi is the customer service which is friendly, prompt and assists with individual school particulars to make Praxi work best for the consumer. Highly recommend Praxi!
October 23, 2014
Carlos B.
Teacher & Administrator (Retired)
June 2, 2014

“Best in the Market”

OverallAs the administrator, now retired, of Heritage Christian School, I orginally brought PraxiSchool to our school back in 1996. We were the first school to bring PraxiSchool on as a school software program. Over the years we have seen the program go from it's beginning to where it is today. I personally have looked at a variety of school programs and I must say I have not seen a program like this that does all that PraxiSchool does with the user friendly this program has. Ed and his staff have and are doing a wonderful job with their tech support. They are always there willing and able to help at any time. I would challenge anyone to find a better, user friendly, or better priced program in the market today. We look to a longer relationship with PraxiSchool and Ed for years to come.
June 2, 2014
Virginia H.
Business Office Director
July 17, 2018

“We are in the midst of our conversion BUT overall Phenomenal ”

ProsThe inclusion of ALL areas of our school into "one bubble" ! The ease of use and training available!! Love our Praxi family
ConsNo cons to speak of at this point. We haven't run into an obstacle that wasn't fixed within a short time, all during a conversion.

By PraxiPower Software on July 19, 2018
Virginia, thank you for your kind words. It is our honor to serve Beaufort Academy! You all are doing a WONDERFUL job!
July 17, 2018
Joshua M.
July 5, 2019

“Great setup process! ”

OverallThe customer service has been very helpful throughout our time setting it up.
ProsThe straightforward process of setting up the software and customizing it for our school's needs
ConsCertain parts of the software are a bit more complicated than they need to be.

By PraxiPower Software on July 8, 2019
Thank you, Principal Mann, for your review and for allowing us to serve you!
July 5, 2019
Utilities, Unspecified
July 18, 2018

“Very easy system to use. ”

OverallMade life easier with sorting students info and their grades.
ProsHow it simplifies the school administration. The students info is easy to put into the system as well as entering all the classes.
ConsAs of right now there is no way that I have learned to put our school logo, but I may not have been told how to do that yet.
July 18, 2018
GeNae W.
October 22, 2014

“None better.”

OverallSince starting with Praxi in August of 2014, I have had nothing but amazing experiences. Learning any new system for a school is challenging, and while it has been because it has been new, the customer service I've experienced with Praxi has been far exceeding anything that I would've imagined. I know that Ed or Jennifer will return my phone call (if I even have to leave a voice mail, which is rare) within a timely manner and are always very professional. No matter the question, they treat me as if they have all the time to assist. I cannot imagine working with anyone else, now or ever again. I'm very thankful that my Board decided to utilize Praxi. If I could, I'd tell all schools to utilize Praxi.
October 22, 2014
Karen A.
June 10, 2015

“Praxi School is extremely versatile while still being user friendly. I have not yet learned all it d”

OverallThe software seems to be able to do all things that schools need to be able to accomplish. It has nooks for information that a special needs or interest school can store that no other school may need to track. The software engineer is extremely responsive to the needs of the users and wants to be able to have Praxi School continue to meet expanding demands. The new billing capabilities are wonderful and the service is just about around the clock. Having been in the education delivery service for many years I can have used many systems but have not used any that I have found better thought out or developed. Again special kudos on the technical service.
June 10, 2015
Anna T.
Secretary/Teacher
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“PraxiSchool”

OverallIt has helped us to be far more organized!
ProsThere is literally any function you could think of for a private school.
ConsThe attendance function is a little difficult confusing.
September 25, 2018
Esther D.
Secretary
May 27, 2016

“Been very pleased with the program. It has helped our school become more organized and efficient.”

OverallThe best part of this system is the tech support. It is outstanding. They are very helpful and understand what we need. If there is something missing or a aspect of the program that we need or want they are more than willing to listen to our ideas and help make it work!

By PraxiPower Software on May 27, 2016
Thank you Esther! It is an honor to serve Treasure Valley Christian School. Keep the ideas coming, we are always looking to make our program better for you and others.
May 27, 2016
Lisa B.
Administrative Assistant
February 18, 2016

“Our school is just begining to use PraxiSchool and so far I would rate it 12 out of 10 stars!!! ”

OverallI love PraxiSchool. It is so much fun to see all the wonderful things we can do with it! It is easy to use,the layout is wonderful, and the support staff is the best!! I would recommend PraxiSchool to any school looking for a new system.

By PraxiPower Software on February 18, 2016
Thank you for the kind words Lisa! It is our pleasure to serve you and Harbor Light Christian School.
February 18, 2016
Lizette R.
February 23, 2017

“Praxi Review”

OverallIt is very easy to use, as well as the support that is given to have a better understanding of it. The support system is great as well, if help is needed there are various options.

By PraxiPower Software on February 23, 2017
Thank you Lizette! We appreciate you and Youth N.O.W. and it is our privilege to serve you.
February 23, 2017
Chana B.
December 9, 2016

“Keeps me organized! ”

OverallAs a teacher it is difficult enough to keep up with my work and my students praxischool helps keep me organized and Is so easy to use!

By PraxiPower Software on December 10, 2016
Thank you Chana! It is our honor to serve you.
December 9, 2016
Gary H.
Administration
May 1, 2014

“A+++ Program”

OverallPraxiSchool has everything we needed and more. Very user friendly! Transition to this program was easy and the PraxiSchool support staff was amazing! Ed made each step of the process as smooth as possible. Thanks Praxi!
May 1, 2014