Campground Master Ratings

Overall

About Campground Master

Campground Master can simplify the task of reservation management for any campground or RV resort, or any kind of hospitality or rental business. We can help you make the transition to a computerized system as quick and easy as possible. With its emphasis on ease of use and flexibility, Campground Master helps you manage your business the way you want. We encourage you to download and try our software, free of charge, so you can see for yourself how simple it is to customize and operate. Learn more about Campground Master

Marilyn P.
Supervisor of the Day Managers

“Excellent, user-friendly program”

OverallCampground Master is an easy to learn, user-friendly program. It is generally easy to fix any errors made while using the program. It does have one or two "glitches" in the program that need to be addressed - one in the overall bookkeeping area. Generally, when checking someone out, the only transactions we need are to charge the customer for electric used and to issue a refund for the gate card that they return to us. We have found that we need to charge and put through the payment for electric first, then do the gate card return. We cannot simply put the electric charge on the account, then the gate card refund and charge the customer for the difference. If we do it this way, it messes up our end of the month bookkeeping because the program will not let us allocate these (separate the two charges) for the correct amounts. We get around it by doing the complete electric first (put the charge on the bill and also do the payment), and then doing the gate card return. It's annoying to have to do it this way, not to mention trying to get our various day managers to remember to do it that way. Another issue is that when managing a guest staying with a camper, if you mark them "checked in," in the "Manage Guests" program, and then later mark them "checked out," it still shows that they have a guest if you mouse over their name on the Rack. You can't get rid of the "+1." We get around this by never marking the guest as "checked in," we simply leave it as "pending." We put a note in the system that they were actually here, from "such and such" a date to "such and such" a date. When the guest leaves, we just go into "Manage Guests" and "cancel" the reservation. It would be nice, in using "Manage Guests" to be able to mark them "checked in" and "checked out" like we do with any normal reservation. These problems, however, are minor ones and can be worked around. Overall, I (and my day managers) feel that Campground Master is an excellent program. I definitely feel that it is the best program around for managing a campground and I would highly recomment it.
Robin L.
Property Manager
April 29, 2015

“WE have loved the easy use of this program”

OverallWe have really enjoyed the easy use of Campground Master. When we have had questions or concerns it has been easy to call or email them and get quick answers. The "Help" menu is awesome and we use it alot. The daily tips also teach my employees easier ways of using the programs. *** Issues***I would like it to add monthly prices for our monthly guests because we have to do them manually. We haven't mastered it any other way yet. I am not a fan of the "Paid thru date". When we have long term guests and we extend them out the full year, if we put in a monthly price it will give us a price for paying a full year. If we put in a single monthly payment we have to remember the change the "paid thru date". When we have multiple accounts, and each one is so different it can get frustrating. I understand why its there, and I understand there are ways to work this but some employees have had a hard time learning that feature. We also have guests who have RV sites on a monthly basis plus storage. We know we can sinc the sites together but we still have to go to each individual account to print a receipt for each one. The other issue we have found is that when we have monthly residents, the receipts can get lengthy by the end of the year. We try to delete the previous year transactions each january to make these receipts print on less paper. However, when you delete this information it deletes it permanently. We would like to still have it saved but just not to where it will print so many pages. Another issue we have had is that if one person makes a reservation for 3 sites, we cannot have 2 different employees check them in at the same time if they are all under one name. Only one employee can check in this multiple reservation. Any helpful ideas or hints that would help us in these matters would be greatly appreciated.
Cheryl E.
August 24, 2009

“Outstanding Customer Service and Product”

OverallI would highly recommend this program for any park operator that wants a user friendly inexpensive program to manage their reservations.
ProsI have been sold on this software from day one. When I was ready to computerize my reservations I researched several well known systems. I was having a lot of trouble getting anyone to answer question. When I called Cottonwood Software, Stan asked if we had a spot for his motor home in our park. He arrived two days later, downloaded his software on my computer and allowed me to use the program. Can't hardly beat that for customer service. It is very well though out for usability, functionality and stability. The few (and I mean few) problems I have had over the years have been handled very quickly, by the owner. Stan is able to do all of his own tech support because he has designed the program to be trouble free. The tech support is free, because you really do not need it. This program is designed with customization in mind. Most custom options can be done by myself or with just a phone call and minor adjustments to the program.
Consummmmm, Maybe Stan can figure a way for the program to answer the phone and take reservations for me..... Seriously, I have had no complaints since owning this software. I have been waiting a while to get the program integrated with friend communications for real time online reservations. That has taken longer than I would like to see as a customer, but it looks like is is nearly ready for beta testing
Sandy H.
Reservationist
May 13, 2015

“I have used this software for over 5 years. I feel there are pros and cons with it.”

OverallI have been using Campground Master for 5 years. It well exceeds my expectations where campground software is concerned. I have found it fairly easy to use and train other employees with. I enjoy some portions of the fluidity of the program. With that being said there are a couple of things I would like to see changed. 1. Blocking sites....there should be a way to unblock a level of sites without having to do it day by day. I had an employee who was told to block off a site for 2 months so they did but when we needed to open it back up we had to go in and individually unblock EACH day which was very frustrating. 2. When payment information is put in and you close out the tab. If you need to go back in and change dates it does not change the new balance. You have to manually go in and delete the transaction and re apply your select rates. When days are changed it would be much less time consuming if the balance due changed automatically to reflect the new dates.

By Cottonwood Software on May 13, 2015
In response to your questions: 1. Blocking sites... This is easily done through Site Details -- see this newsletter article for details: http://campgroundmaster.com/news/easilyblockingsitesformult.html 2. Adjusting charges when dates change -- it sounds like you're not using Auto-rates, or don't have it set to recalculate when changes are made. This can be made to adjust charges automatically whenever the reservation dates are changed. See the documentation for details: http://campgroundmaster.com/help/auto_ratessetup.html
May 13, 2015
Marcie V.

“Campground Master”

OverallWe have a 120 site RV Park in NW Montana. We are open all year, though the tourist season is mid-May through mid-September. We are family run and most of our guests are here between three and seven days. Mostly for sightseeing. I have used this program since 2008. It is easy to use and doesn't take a lot of computer knowledge to get good at it quickly. The advanced stuff I haven't got into, since it requires a knowledge of Excel type spreadsheets and I have never taken the time to learn them. The initial cost and the updates seem to be reasonable. CM will do online reservations, but I have not used that segment. I use the program on two computers in the office. They work seamlessly together. Stan, the developer, is very good at Customer Service. He can answer ANY question! With a widescreen monitor, I can see most of a month on the Rack. That helps to see ahead. I like the map, so that I can check the proximity of sites. I like the fact that I can check off all the site attributes. The site description works really well! I use the transaction history frequently since I have seasonals. Yes, there are some features I wish CM had. Like an electronic signature pad, ability to add/subtract within the transactions, and a memo area above the calendar on the Rack for notations about events, etc. Overall, it's a wonderful program and I could not live without it!
Steve Y.

“4 Years of Service”

OverallWe bought our Park 5 years ago, this was the cheapest software we could find that had all of the features we needed at a price we could afford. Surprisingly, the software did everything it said it would and was very easy to learn. We purchased the POS feature as well for store and propane sales. We have since added the network function which also was easy to set up and works as described. Over time we have also customized our system with various colors and reporting. The only difficult part of the system and the one thing we haven't always been able to figure out is the reporting. While it comes with the reports we need for operation, we would like to do some customized reporting. We have been able to do some customization in this area but unless you are a programmer with VB or C training. Having said that, the owner of the software is very responsive to requests. For example, the system was setup up to ask for pricing but not quantity. We suggested that for POS, quantity would also be a good thing to ask for. Stan had that in the next update that we received and as expected, it was a huge time saver. Over all, we have looked at many of the other packages out there since we bought our system and have never found one that did everything that Campground Master did and certainly not at the price. We have been very happy with our system.
Tracey S.
April 30, 2015

“Quick and relatively self explanatory”

OverallTo keep it from privatizing we made an swift unplanned purchase of a resort that had been using CGM for about 8 years. We knew nothing of operating a resort, the previous owner had done little to no booking for the previous 5 months and we were 1 1/2 months from the new season start. With moderate (at best) computer skills, we were able to easily learn and operate CGM as we raced to catch up on reservation requests. CGM proved to be a wealth of information that was critical for us to gain knowledge and control of the business. It has continued to be central to all aspects of our operations, we have been able to effectively train new staff and seasonal hosts with little to no confusion and the manual and "HELP" function make short work of questions or concerns. The few cons would be more a dynamic reservation and customer information screen lay out and button labeling for ease of recognition. We and staff have all noticed that it takes a little longer than necessary to visually identify the field or function button you need due to the sameness of the the text and screen contrast. The last con is the manual language can be a little too technical especially when dealing with deeper system functions. We would give CGM our highest recommendation.
DJ H.
Administration
June 3, 2017

“Great software at a reasonable price!”

ProsOnce you learn the software it's awesome. It does a ton of things and you can set it up for your own needs.
ConsLearning the self taught software and setting it up for your needs. It does so much and the software can do 1 thing 3 different ways.
June 3, 2017
Joanne D.
April 29, 2015

“Best on the market (in the UK at least)”

OverallWe've used CM since 2005. And being in the UK every so often I look at alternatives - BUT THERE ARE NONE that match this software's flexibility and value for money. Last year in my majesty I went with another provider to get the on-line capability in the UK (none of the recommended US sites would even talk to me) - but came back to CM because I cannot stand having to wait for updates or changes or tweaks. I cannot stand having to wait to see if other users want this or that amendment - with CM, if you want it, you do it. And if you can't do it, you get support. And the support doesn't close at 4.30 on a Friday afternoon (just as you're gearing up for another busy weekend)! And the rack and map are the best there are. Trust me - I know. All this flexibility comes at a price - you do have to have (or in my case learn) a bit about the programme but as noted the support is great. And the end result is a programme that works perfectly for YOUR business. And (in the UK at least) for a tiny fraction of the price of the competition!
Robert P.
April 28, 2015

“Great Program at a Reasonable Price”

OverallPros - Great features, pic compliant, interfaces with reservation friend for online reservations, minimal annual expense for upgrades and support, extremely easy to use, network version slightly more but you can take reservations on your laptop at a trade show to impress customers, seven plus years using it without any data loss! Cons - ok, I had to think long and hard and came up with two. First, email confirmations have one default check in and check out time yet we have one for camp sites and one for cabins. There is a header on the email that you can customize before sending and we note the cabin check in time there. Second, support may not be immediate but an hour or two later. That has not been a problem for us so far but, rest assured that calls will be returned. I respect that.

By Cottonwood Software on July 9, 2015
Thank you for the comments. Regarding the cabin and camp sites check-in/out times, you can have 2 different times shown on confirmations, etc. See this newsletter article: http://campgroundmaster.com/news/having2differentcheck_inor.html
Janice H.
April 29, 2015

“Best Reservation Software and Customer Support”

OverallI am glad our company chose Campground Master. The customer support has been outstanding. No matter the day of the week or time of day, you get a quick response to any questions you might have. The initial setup process was relativily straight forward. I have been using the product for ten years, so it is probably even easier now. The software is easy to train new employees to use. There are many ways to customize the product for your park setup, such as confirmation emails/letters, reservation and customer information. The software provides valuable reports for tracking reservations and store sales. The point of sale software has made our campground store easy to manage, as we always know what we have for inventory, and can quickly print reports of items that need to be purchased. Highly recommend this product whether you are a large or small campround or RV park. It will only improve the ease of your day to day operations.
Mari G.
April 29, 2015

“Solid product; lacks good online reservation feature”

OverallCampground Master is easy to set up and use. We have used this system for over 5 years and didn't realize how streamlined and easy to use it was until we attempted to convert to another reservation system. Help and online documentation are complete and easy to search to find the information you need. Demo software helps new users practice before they are using the system live. POS feature is flexible and can be as detailed as needed. Reporting is simple yet powerful. CGM allows an Admin security level user to change what needs to be changed in prior periods to correct errors made at one time, but discovered later. Can be set up for cash or accrual accounting method. Online reservations are not well integrated - this is the major flaw we have found especially since so many of our customers are finding us on the internet. An online booking engine would compliment the client/server architecture very well.
Wally H.

“Campground Master”

OverallI have been recommending this program to many campgrounds in Minnesota and they have also purchased it after trying the demo version and other programs. It is an excellant product, and a great value.
ProsEasy to set up and use, great support when needed, less expensive than many of the competition's programs. We were able to use the credit card processing feature and save money on equipment and processing fees. The Newsletters and user forums are a great features, we use them for refreshing our memory on program options and to keep us informed on changes and operating procedures.
ConsOne feature we have problems with is a group reservation and forgeting to check the correct box to keep billing separate for each customer. There is probably a way to set this up so it autimatically selects separate billing but i have not researched it.
Theresa V.
Owner/manager
April 29, 2015

“This software if very user friendly and customer service is exceptional!”

OverallWe started using this program when it was time to upgrade from a very old system. Our files wouldn't convert to the new program easily so when we called to ask what to do the help we were given was exceptional. The conversion then went very smoothly and we didn't need to reenter all the reservations already in our computer into the new program. We have a few "older" workers that were not comfortable using computers that have been able to adapt very easily to this program. It is virtually mistake proof! Since using it we have not had one reservation conflict! We have had to change computers and customer service has helped us to install the program on the new computer and made sure we had all our files installed correctly so that everything was exactly as we had it. We couldn't be happier with the program and recommend it highly to anyone looking for a user friendly reservation system.
Julianne S.

“Best Customer Service!!”

OverallI've been using CM since 2007 and I LOVE it. Like any management program, it was tedious to set up, but their customer service was with me every step of the way. Stan even created a special reservation form for me for a nominal fee. I can't say enough good things about their customer service: you can talk or correspond with a real person just about any time of the day. There is also an online manual that is very helpful. I like that the program is flexible and easy to use. I can train my staff to use it in an hour or so. My husband who is not at all comfortable in the office (you know the type: can fix anything but can't take a decent phone message!), can easily maneuver through the program to see if we have openings and find any customer's balance due. If you are looking for an affordable, easy to use program that has EXCELLENT customer service, this is it.
Richard B.
VP

“Fantastic package. ”

OverallI bought the software after asking about support and why the annual fee was so small. Stan told me it could be reasonable because it did not break. He was correct. I use it for our cabin rentals and modified the database myself to keep an accurate record of 300 slip customers, their boat lifts, and their boat trailers while stored in our lot. I have as yet tried the online booking, but intend to give it a whirl this year. You will not find a better product and definitely not any where near the cost. If you are a new user I would advise to let them do the initial setup for you. This is easy to use, but is a very large program. I can tweak it in a few minutes when changes come to our business. We are beginning a retreat which requires multiple individual reservations in shared cabins. No problem setting it up. Contact me if you like.
Carol K.
May 4, 2015

“Feel as a step child trying to use this program, this e-mail was even adressed to previous owner.”

OverallThe manual is not enough for someone like me, with no previous training. It is too large and can be confusing. The basics that I did teach myself and others are great. It's trying to make changes to fit our needs and growing rv park. As a new park owner, it would help to have the same training or year help, as when first purchased. Even if there was a fee! I would like to use all programs that are available. But instead, I may be looking at other software for 2016. It will be interesting to see if I get a reply or my issues addressed. Thank you, New name Ancient Cedars @ Mesa Verde RV Resort

By Cottonwood Software on May 4, 2015
Carol, We never received any official information about new park owners, so our records were not updated. Now that I have your full name, I have fixed that. Regarding training, there never is any (it's usually not necessary) -- it's sold as a do-it-yourself system, as our web site explains in the Support section. New users are expected to read the manual to learn the system, just as the original owners did when they set it up, but there is support available if you have questions. We do show that you've contacted support many times in the past year or so, and even though you didn't pay the required $300 fee for transferring support to new owners, we've been helping you with any problems you had, so I'm not sure why you feel that customer service only merits 2 stars. Let me know if there are still issues that haven't been solved.
Kathy S.
April 29, 2015

“Campground Master Gets an A+ in my Book!”

OverallI have used Campground Master for 8 plus years since we purchased our campground. I started with an Excel spreadsheet and quickly realized I needed a better solution. I didn't want to spend a ton of money and discovered Campground Master. The features met my needs for both reservation software and POS solution for our store. It was easy to set up (a bit time consuming on the POS side to set up all of the items, but that's just the nature of the beast); simple to train staff to use; provides great history; and provides an easy way to send email confirmations from within the software. Over the years we have always received prompt responses when we have had questions or needed to figure out a workaround solution to an issue. Annual maintenance charges are incredibly reasonable and I wouldn't consider switching to another product!
Diana B.
Owner/ Manager
April 29, 2015

“Have had this program since June 1, 2011. ”

Overall 1)The bad thing about is we cannot use our own Credit Card Supplier - Global Payments has higher rates than others that are available to us e. g. Costco. After we purchased our credit card machines we were informed they do not accept chip cards. Chip cards have been standard in Canada for more than 5 years. To date we still do not have this service available. and would like it sooner than later. 2) Reports - would like to print a yearly POS sales report - total sales by item for the year not by the day. e.g. At year end I would like to print report of total actual item sold with 1 column not daily. If I am doing it wrong would like to know the correct way to view and print this form. I cannot find instructions in the manual. 3) Very user friendly for staff - like the notifications if they are trying to double book a site.
Jim C.
August 25, 2009

“Owner”

OverallAfter looking at several vendors, I'm very glad I chose Campground Master. I have not found any functionality I need for my business that the software can't handle.
ProsCampground Master is very user-friendly and easy to use even for beginners as well as experts. The functionality is adjustable so beginners can just use bare-bones basics and grow to a functionally rich software base as they become more confident. Upgrades are simple & customer support is timely & responsive.
ConsThe only issue I've noticed is that new versions sometimes have been released with errors. Notices have been timely however, and fixes made.
August 25, 2009
Paula R.
May 7, 2015

“We have been very happy with the Campground Master. The customer care is especially strong.”

OverallThis program is user friendly and simplifies our planning for events held at our facility. Our RV park is adjacent to an auditorium where we have festivals of different genres of music. It is easy to monitor the guest list in the park and make adjustments as people book or sometimes cancel a reservation. The most difficulty I have experienced is in trying to use the manual that comes with the program. However, the staff at the home office is very helpful when we need to call. We always appreciate the reminder to install the yearly update that comes to us over e-mail. We are very pleased with our overall experience with this product.
May 7, 2015
Rocky S.
April 29, 2015

“Campground Master a key to success in the campground business. ”

OverallWhen we first started in the campground business we where using a old d.o.s program that hardly ever worked. We ended up switching to another program when we updated our computer system. Lets suffice to say that it did not work well at all. We continued to search for a program that would suit our needs at a reasonable cost. After a lot of comparing programs, cost and features we chose Campground Master & would could not be happier with our choice. CM provides all the features that we need at our park. I would comment on customer service, but it works so well we never had to call. www.riverside-campground.com
Jill V.
?
April 29, 2015

“Love Campground Master! It gets better and better!”

OverallWe have been using CM software since 2006. I am the person who set up the software for our campground and if I can do it......anyone can do it! Stan keeps improving it's capability. Stan actually answers his phone or e-mail very quickly and can talk at a level that you can understand. I love the help files and use them all of the time but when I just can't figure something out, I call or e-mail the question and have an answer immediately. We are constantly changing/adding sites and cabins and it is so nice to be able to update the software our self. Jill~White River RV Park & Campground
Mary C.
Vice President
April 29, 2015

“Extemely limited. Its ok just for a reservation system however it is very limited”

OverallBasic reservations work well however group reservations, transferring deposits, cancelling, or refunding involve a multitude of steps. We went with the Point of Sale to incorporate so its all one program and it is slow, can NOT get Inventory # of how many items we sold in a year, quarter, a month or a week. Returning an item , finding a receipt slows the entire system down. We have a 175 site and 25 room resort plus @8,000 items in our POS. It is not meeting our needs any longer. I believe the program would suit a smaller campground with less than 2000 items in POS. Disappointed to say the least.

By Cottonwood Software on May 1, 2015
It's true that the POS is not designed for a large store, and we don't recommend it for that. It's meant as a side-feature to handle a moderate gift shop or camping supplies store (it's only a $200 option after all). I'm sorry to see you rate the software based on a function it was never intended for. I believe the other issues you mention could have been resolved by simply contacting support about them, which was never done. An inventory sales report by quantity is one of the basic transaction "quick-reports", for instance.
harry l.
pres

“great support”

OverallHaving been a user for ten years,I have seen the good ,the bad and the ugly. First let me say that the support is fantastic with Stan helping any way he can. As more features have been added the system does seem to be slowing down some. I will say that we do have four computers hooked into the program and run both a restaurant and general store through POS along with 30+ rental housing units,a sailing school, rental boats and 300 plus marina slips. My dream is for the program to have it's own online reservation system integrated with our own CC processor. Renewal fees are reasonable and support is great
John B.

“Excellent!”

OverallI have been GM at Mountway Holiday Apartments in West Perth Western for 14 years and 10 years ago we found Campground Master. We only use it to replace the manual chart and we do not use the accounting package, as we are a budget property and it meets our requirements. We have not had a single issue with it. My only comment is I recommended they change the name or have an off shoot entitled Hotel Master or Accommodation Master or Apartment Master or Park Master. But those names may already have been 'taken'. I am very impressed with the functionality of Campground Master, hence my title Excellent.
antia p.
owner /manager
April 28, 2015

“Campground Master is a great software and i would recommend it to others.”

OverallI am very happy with the customer service offered with this software program. It is simple to use and has some of the best reports to keep track of most everything that I need to run an efficient campground. I would recommend this software to others. They are always upgrading and making it customer friendly. I have not had any issues with it for a number of years now, and when I first got it the issue that I had difficulty with turned out to be my error and they corrected it instantly and had me back up in running in no time. The cost of the program is also very very reasonable.
Ron K.

“Campground Master Review”

OverallThis software has just about everything you need to run your campground. I'm a Consultant/Reseller who has implemented this software in several RV parks in Louisiana and Texas. Campground Master fits most campgrounds needs from small campgrounds to larger RV parks.
ProsOn line reservations, Map Based interface, Networkable, Integrated Point of Sale, Integrated Credit Card Processing, Export to Quickbooks, Customizable.
ConsCan't really think of anything we couldnt get it to do, though it would be nice if it had a smart phone version and/or an I-Phone App for express check-in/check - out in the field.
Tom L.
August 23, 2009

OverallGreat system
ProsWe have had this system in place now for two years. We have had NO problems with it. We have 68,000 guests per year for registration, reservations, POS (RV store and Grocery Store), the reports are excellent, we have never double booked and it maintains the customer records without error. Great system. Prior to purchasing this system I looked at everything that was available. Campground Master offers everything we need for a fraction of the cost. In short we are very happy with the system!
ConsNone that I can think of
August 23, 2009
Lovia K.
May 31, 2015

“Excellent and Affordable!!”

OverallPros: Easy to install without a Tech person, Setup is customizable to your own needs, easy to learn to operate, great lockout features for "unauthorized user areas", extremely affordable, always updating and improving their program, many feature options within, great print out forms & designable by yourself as well and more!! Tech support is amazing! and FAST! Cons: Only wish there were more emailing options for things such as invoicing. Would like to have a "size" display option for viewing the grid/info (there may be this and I don't know not sure)
May 31, 2015
Sharon S.
Secretary/Treasurer
May 4, 2015

“Perfect for our ministry!”

OverallWe've been using CM since 2008. It was easy to set up for our needs and we had a practice plan so it didn't matter if we made mistakes or not. Every update has been a help and whenever there have been any questions Stan is always quickly available to help. Additionally Stan listens to requests for future updates. We started out on a Windows PC, but now use a Mac with the aid of Crossover that allows us to use CM without having to have the Windows OS. Our ministry couldn't function without the use of such a wonderful registration application.
LaRayne J.
April 29, 2015

“Very happy with Campground Master!”

OverallWe have used Campground Master for nine years and are very pleased with the program and the support. The support is fantastic! It is a full function application as far as we are concerned -- reservations, groups, monthly billings, reports, etc. The only function it does not provide is real-time on-line reservations (it interfaces with Reservation Friend if you choose to go that route). We tried that but chose not to use real-time reservations: so that option is not important to us. We are very happy with our Campground Master software are and support.
John F.
April 28, 2015

“Absolute Best Value for the Money”

OverallWe looked at several Property Management Systems before deciding on Campground Master. The prices of other systems were simply not affordable for our small operation. Since 2005, we have been through multiple front desk personnel and all have found CM to be easy to use, in fact, almost foolproof. We use CM at two locations with a total of 160 rooms/sites (we are an Inn and Hostel) and find that this software does everything, and more, that we could dream of. Customer service is second to none. Save your money and use Campground Master. You will be glad you did!
Mark R.
May 2, 2015

“Only software used and think it is the great”

OverallWe started using the software in 2008, kept up with the upgrades and think of it as on of the best in the industry especially for the money. We have talked to other campgrounds with a higher price tag and find ours easier to get around. Like all computer programs we do not know all it can do. So far just in our area, we have three other campgrounds using Campground Master as their reservation system. I would rate a five, but I don't rate fives for anything. The only thing that would help is having an app for remote reservations.
Cheri C.
Technical Administrator
April 29, 2015

“From an IT point of view”

OverallI'm the tech who installs and troubleshoots the software. From the website, I have easy acces to software and updates, manuals, forums, and contact info. 99% of the time I can resolve my issue just by going to the webiste. The software is easy to install - including updates - both on stand-alone PCs and on networked PCs. Even without knowing the program inside and out, I can still read the screen, the menu, the tabs, and accomplish what needs to be done. The mapping feature is phenominal and worth its weight in gold!
Del W.
General Mgr
October 26, 2014

“Not sure what everyone else sees in this product....”

OverallI have inherited this system utilizing this software and all it has done for me is create headache after headache. And, then when you call or contact customer support, it's non-existent. Not to mention that the company keeps updating the software and every time they do, it creates havoc with the rest of the system. So, then they issue a "fix", but that impacts other facets to the point where they need to issue a "fix" for the "fix". I hate it.

By Cottonwood Software on May 1, 2015
Even though they "inherited" the program and didn't pay to continue support, we offered to help once we knew there was a problem. (They claim to have called, but they never left a message so we weren't aware there was any problem until this review was posted.) Our continued offers to help were refused, as they had already decided they don't want to invest any time learning to use the program. And yes, we do occasionally make mistakes, but we issue fixes immediately when we see there's a problem. I can't understand why they wouldn't appreciate a quick fix to problems.
October 26, 2014
Letitia W.
Owner/Operator
May 2, 2015

“approx 10 years - RV Park/Cabin rentals”

OverallSoftware was initially easy to set up and learn. We continue to be pleased with ease of use, and appreciate that the program has over the years increased its functionality without creating a monster of a program. It works well over our small network. Customer service hasn't been required very often, as the program performs smoothly in most instances, but the occasional situation has been handled quickly. We would highly recommend this program for businesses similar to ours.
Douglas M.
May 1, 2015

“Well-designed, configurable, powerful, great help.”

OverallIt's rare to find software so robust and highly configurable. I can set it up pretty much as I want it. The help text is exceptionally clear and thorough, and support very responsive. It does not have a simple or simplifiable user interface, so users need to be trained in the specific implementation, but they seem to pick it up well enough. The only serious limitation for us has been the lack of ability to submit pre-authorizations. Otherwise, it is extraordinarily adaptable.
Michelle K.
Reservations & Marketing

“Dinasaur of a program”

OverallI have used Campground Master (CM) for two years now and I find it a very comprehensive program. It has many options/features and definitely covers the spectrum of reservation needs for a cabins and campground. However, it's really hard to use if a person doesn't have previous computer knowledge. I haven't been able to confidently train anyone else on our site to use it. They can use it insomuch as they check who is coming in but they are not able to It's not intuitive, the interface is outdated, it's hard to sync with other computers and with the online system (Reservation Friend). It's very inexpensive, it's stable, has few errors. It's fast to load and I can easily check the calendar. However, we have switched over to a different software called CheckFront, which is web-based allowing us to access the reservations from anywhere and has a simple user interface so even our employees without a lot of computer savvy are able to use it.
Janice S.
Co-Owner

“Campground Master”

OverallWe previous used another system for our reservations but out grew it. After searching for a new system we found Campground Master. We have been using it since 2008 and love it! It is very easy to use and we have never had any problems. It is a very versatile system and generates the reports we need each month as well. Whenever I have had a question, Stan is always available to answer questions. We have 270 campsites, plus motels and cottages and it works for all our needs.
Dianne J.

“Fits like a glove! ”

OverallCampground Master feels tailored just for our campground. It's appealing interface and ease of use makes our busy lives much easier. The customer service can't be beat! I can shoot out an email with multiple questions and have my answers immediately. The newsletters are helpful resources and easy to find what you're looking for when you can't figure something out. I tried other campground reservation software and CM surpassed all of them by miles. Thank you Campground Master!!
Sheila W.

“Owner”

OverallYou would be unwise not to prushace this program
ProsThis program was the easiet one I have ever learned to use. They have though of everything you need for your campground. It is also very easy for employees to use, even thoes with no computer experience at all. The price was exceptional for the product and the support team is always there for you. They never make you feel inferior when helping to solve a problem.
ConsBack-ups could be better for me.
Michael A.
Managing Member
July 4, 2015

“Customer Service at a level rarely encountered today-Software we've enjoyed for 10 years”

OverallIf you feel Campground Master will work for you, having customer service like we have received for the last ten years is worth the price of the program. On the Beach RV Park used another program previously there is no comparison on any level with Campground Master and the features it provides other than price. Is it the best, I can't say. Over the years as our requirements become increasing specific Campground Master has provided the answers.
July 4, 2015
Adele D.
May 1, 2015

“Great software - easy to use”

OverallWish that I could list multiple sites on a check-in and payment receipt for customer. Some customers book many sites for same dates and I have noticed that I have to print out a separate receipt for each site.

By Cottonwood Software on May 1, 2015
It will show the multiple sites on the receipt as long as the reservations are Linked (as sub-member or Synchronized), and the "Show all linked sites" option is set in Printing Options. Contact support if you have questions about this.
Joe D.
April 30, 2015

“Campground Master is master of the campground. ”

OverallCampground Master was easy to learn. Very efficient, and our CPA loves it. With good transaction categories our CPA can break down all the incomes and expenses with ease. We do not miss and business deductions. Now that we have 10 years under our belt we can compare any category for ten years. There is no other way to do this project. When we sell the campground the recap from Campground Master will pave the way to show all the items new buyers would need.
Glenda R.
Bookkeeper
April 29, 2015

“Campground Master Can Not Be Beat ”

OverallWe are an RV Park in Asheville, NC with over 100 sites. We have used Campground Master for several years without fail. The designer of this software thought of every possible situation that an RV park might encounter. It is so easy to use and has a simple process for every task. The "help" button provides clear and concise answers for any and all questions that might arise. Training new staff to use the software is extremely easy.
Matthew S.
April 29, 2015

“We have used Campground Master to manager our RV park for about 5 years. ”

OverallThe software has been reliable. We use it to manage a park consisting of approximately 100 RV sites. The software is affordable for our size of property. We like the ability to track the sites and the revenue generated by each site. The individual account summaries are a nice format and easy for our customers to understand. There are several other reports that are helpful to us. Overall this software has provided good value and functionality.
Lori V.
Vice President

“Great Software”

OverallWe love Campground master. We have been using it since 2008. It is easy to use and learn. It makes booking simple and overbooking impossible. Our campground has sites, cabins and a motel, we use it for all of them and it keeps everything in perfect order. The only con is the map. We are not computer people and want something easy. The map is not easy to use and we still do not have it operational. Other than the map the program works excellent.
Joey W.
April 29, 2015

“This software saved my butt!”

OverallI ended up in a lawsuit with an ex - partner. This software has an audit function which allowed comprehensive documentation of "adjustments". I could use it to prove my case and I am now sole owner... partner suddenly became very interested in selling his interest when printouts were reviewed by accountants and lawyers. Very easy to learn the basics and the higher level functions reveal themselves as operators realize they need them.
Cheryl E.
April 28, 2015

“Hands Down, Best Product for my RV Business”

OverallWe have been using Campground Master since 2003. The product is perfect for our needs. The customer service is fast and reliable, however is is seldom needed. Of all the software programs I have used for any purpose over the years, this seems to be the most trouble free. Most calls to customer service are to help customize the software to do something it wasn't designed to do, yet if at all possible, they have made it work for me.