Denticon Ratings

Overall

About Denticon

Denticon cloud-based practice management software from Planet DDS greatly enhances the administration and profitability of dental practices. First to the cloud over a decade ago, Denticon was built to handle multi-location groups, solo offices, even mobile clinics. Eliminate IT overhead and access all of your data via web browser. Providers and patients can move easily between locations, while management can pull comprehensive reports for the whole enterprise. No more data islands. Learn more about Denticon

Cheryl L.
Co- Owner
October 4, 2019

“Best Dental Practice Software”

OverallGreat team, great tech support. Great value for your money. Great software!
ProsI love the quick technical support that comes with this software. The tech team is what sold me on this software. The software can grow with your practice and the cloud technology is the best. Very stable and very quick to upload any of your data. Denticon has put a lot of work into this software and their servers. Hands down it is the best. I like not having to be on the phone because of software issues or server problems and be cause it is Denticon I don't have to. Denticon has given our office the greatest freedom because it is in the cloud. I have access to it from out of the office to work with the dentist at his office location and that frees up my time! Being a co-owner of the practice I can do all of my work outside of the office and that also give the dentist the freedom to see things at his convenience and not have to run to the office to look at his schedule or patients information. It is by far the best software and technical support team you can have!
ConsThis software is so stable that I don't have to worry about it.
Dr. C.
February 11, 2017

“Best cloud software on the market”

OverallI've used Curve, Eaglesoft, Dentrix, Open Dental, and researched and almost switched to Debtrix Ascend. Denticon is the least "Beta" of all the cloud/web based softwares. Don't be fooled by the archaic GUI interface, it definitely has more of the nuts and bolts of what is needed for managing the data needs of a dental office. I give a 4 out of 5 stars because it still needs some improvement. Training on how to get the most out of the software could be improved. I think they should provide a weekend course for all office managers/staff in order to ensure that users are using it properly and getting the most out of it. They are making improvements continuously which is great!
ProsWeb Based.
ConsSometimes slow server on there end. No as intuitive as I would hope. Some significant features can overlooked easily. Wish we had more one on one training rather than just videos on there help portal. User guide should be more up to date.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you and your team understand how to use this software. We found that we had a great initial training session; however when we had old staff members leave and new ones take there place it was difficult to set up a new training session that was as thourough as the first one we had when we first signed on with Denticon. We are still in need of a training session for our current staff members that was as good as the training session we had when we first signed on.
February 11, 2017
Cheryl L.
December 8, 2015

“Out With the Old In With The New!”

OverallOut With the Old In With The New! How would you like to say that in 2016?   Ditch  the servers in the front office and go flying away with lighting speed technology!   When our office wanted to purchase dental  software we tried to find the best match for our office.  Let me say first you should always stick with a team that does only that. Dental technology should be coming straight from companies who have been in the technology field for a long time.  This includes cloud technology.   If I want to buy toothbrushes I will go thru a dental supply company, not so with front office technology.   We love the freedom that Denticon has given us.   I went with Denticon and they do the rest when it comes to updating their software  to keep up with the technology that changes from day to day.  Stability is everything and Denticon is number one when it comes to giving our office state of the art cloud technology.   You don't have to do a thing but keep on working with your patients and inputting the claims thru.  The whole staff from the sales team all the way thru to the technology team is there to far exceed what ever your office needs. We love the flexibility of this software as well.  If you get an emergency call at home, the dentist can talk to the patient, look at their schedule and give the patient  a time to come in to the office before they get off the phone.  If it snows outside and the office is closed I can just pull up the schedule from Denticon, call our patients and reschedule them.  Denticon can give the  dentist the edge in running their office by the  reports generated by the software within seconds.  Reports that can help in micro managing anything from how many patients have a certain insurance, how many different procedures where done in a office,  how many outstanding insurance claims have not come in, etc, etc, etc.   Denticon is a software that your office will never be able to out grow.   Denticon's software is incredible when it comes to stability and flexibility.   I know  longer have to keep looking for dental software in the future.   They have far exceed my expectations of a software and technology team!   They are like family to us and we count it a fun and rewarding experience  to have them working as a team with our office.  Stability is the key to cloud based dental software and they have stability that can help any office to be more productive!   . Cheryl Long owner of Joy Jay Inc.
December 8, 2015
Douglas D.
Dentist/Owner
December 8, 2018

“So glad we made the switch!”

OverallIt's a very useful tool that let's us function at a much higher level than a small office such as ours otherwise could.
ProsWe'd been longtime Dentrix users prior to this -- leaving that behind and switching to Denticon was by far one of the most significantly beneficial changes we've ever made to our office operations. We would never even consider going back. We have found so many benefits and unexpected synergies in using Denticon -- and it seems like we're always discovering a few more. We are sure that it has been a genuine competitive advantage for us -- making it possible for us to keep-up and even excel in today's rapidly-evolving dental practice arena.
ConsSometimes I think less opening of new windows, less clicking through steps might be appreciated (but I understand that a lot of that is due to necessary tracking/documentation for security and accountability).
December 8, 2018
Justin J.
CEO and Founder
September 15, 2017

“Denticon is the ideal solution for both the dental professional, and business owner”

ProsExtremely robust software, cloud-based (accessible anywhere anytime), has a deep set of tools for providers, administrators, and online tools for patients. Amazing team support, responsive to requests and friendly. We're a fully paperless office, and we couldn't have done it without Denticon. They're continually responding to customer suggestions and adding new features, and the core product meets all of our needs and more. I also like how well integrated they are with other software (imaging, communications, payment processing, insurance billing, etc). Denticon has a Virtual Business Support service that supports pre-authorizations, claims, and other insurance or other needs (for very reasonable prices).
ConsSo robust that it takes a lot of time to learn. Plan for ample training time upfront with office admin and provider team. There's a comprehensive Help portal, and training, but plan to spend time to get a comprehensive understanding of all the software components. But it's worth it....
September 15, 2017
Lissa G.
Operations Manager

“Denticon user ”

OverallI've had Denticon at my practice for 5 years and have been mostly satisfied.
ProsWhat I like most about Denticon is that it's cloud based. Since I have two locations I am easily able to log in from anywhere and work. Another great feature are the updates and improvements within the system.
ConsOne of the least favorite features would be the lack of detailed reports. While Denticon has several, there are some reports that could be improved or added. Denticon is not always compatible with other systems including our x-ray system EasyDent, we were under the impression that a bridge would link the two programs but was not so we have to open each program separately. One of our most recent obstacle is Denticon not being compatible with Solution Reach which is a patient relationship management program.
Mary W.
COO
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
April 24, 2018

“Intuitive and Efficient Web Based system”

OverallWe have been on Denticon for 10+ years and have been able to see many of the beneficial enhancements that they have put out. They have been incredibly thoughtful and considerate of their clients throughout their development. We have converted offices from Eaglesoft, Softdent, and Dentrix. All conversions went incredibly smooth and staff transitioned very well.
ProsEase of navigation, reporting, conversion process, internal analytics, task managers for staff, and support. The system is web/cloud based so are able to access our information and imaging from anywhere. This is exceptionally helpful for our central billing office.
ConsWith any patient system, it is imperative to make sure to take the time on the front end in order to get the optimal end results and reporting. This is not a con but something that anyone looking to convert any system would need to be mindful of.
April 24, 2018
Pauline D.
Office Manager Dentist Office/ Consultant

“Denticon software review”

OverallI really love identical software - When we opened our first dental office 5 years ago, I researched a lot of software. Before even becoming a customer, I was able to go and get a test account online and try it out! At the time (5 years ago )many of the big names did not have a way to check or use the software via the internet. Denticon is cloud based and I can check whatever I need to from anywhere. Easy to use, easy to train on and great when you add or close offices! I 've trained other dental offices on other software and the programs are not as user-friendly! I thought this was one of the best software programs on the market and still think that way today! I would highly recommend it!
ProsEasy to use and train on. Cloud based. Scaleable. Good reports
ConsThat when you update an address you have to update it then save it and then go back and do it again hitting the update key. Doesn't have a patient confirmation feature built in.
Recommendations to other buyersSee above
Natalie S.
October 7, 2019

“Dental software ”

ProsBeing able to have patients book and pay online; on a cloud
ConsTraining new people on it; can't call people for help. Instead you have to submit a ticket
October 7, 2019
Sandy D.
patient coordinator (receptionist honestly)
May 27, 2019

“denticon for a non-experienced user”

Overalli honestly like denticon but it is second in my heart to dentrix only because tx planning on the mouth chart is a tiny bit easier to do in that aspect. but in denticon i usually tx plan in the tx plan tab not the chart which does make it easier to accomplish i also really like that its easy to plan out the tx plan stages with just clicking and editing. i also like that NP charts are easy to edit when its within families, and ins can just be like transfered over. its an easy to use software if one tames the time to play around with it
Prosi like that denticon is very laid out (open formatted rather than closed menus) and has options for every menu/chart. im a receptionist and i really like that scheduling is very easy to set up and its effective in communication (the tile meanings) and that even charting (sometimes although rarely I'm called to asst.) is easy to understand pretty quickly
Consthat sometimes when i copy paste appts. it messes my screen up and i have to do it over. or that like if i wanna filter patient scanned notes it doesnt filter each individual tab (thats like an addtional selection which is fine)
May 27, 2019
Virginia M.
Owner Dentist

“Denticon (Planet DDS)”

OverallThis software program for my dental practice has been foundational for keeping the patient records and financial records straightforward. The clinical notes section has more detail options than I presently use. The scheduling section is extremely helpful for tracking, planning and can be easily customized. Denticon webinars have been very helpful for explaining new and deeper aspects to the software. I have not had to hire 'trainers' like other dental practice software companies provide: Everything is available through the help portal. I'm very satisfied.
ProsVery helpful staff for bringing existing patient records onto this platform. Great Help portal.
ConsI wish there were more videos to help explain how 'deep' some of the functions of the software go, so I know how much more I'm not using.
Recommendations to other buyersAll staff has been very personable, very competent, very professional.
CLEMONT A.
business manager
January 12, 2017

“AWESOME SOLUTION FOR MULTI LOCATION PRACTICES”

OverallWE HAVE USED IT FOR 5 YEARS IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS. IT IS FLEXIBLE AND CAN BE USED NUMEROUS WAYS TO FIT HOW YOU DO THINGS.
Proseasy to set up, no software issues to manage
Consgraphics are not as good as other programs, some features are in strange locations and customizing different features can be a pain because trying to find the right screen to change things can be a pain.
Recommendations to other buyersneeds a better way to manage treatment plans. when patients come in over time treatment plans can get messy. It is the biggest problem in our office. if a patient comes in a lot they might have 10 plans and when you go to add a new one and a mistake is made it is a pain to fix. It would really help if you could archive plans once they were unaccepted. We do not like to delete them because we need record of everything we diagnosed.
Edna B.
Oral surgeon

“To everyone I meet”

OverallWe target a certain daily weekly and monthly production and it helps so much to know our numbers so we know what to market to referring offices, and where we can improve
ProsI talk about denticon to every single dentist I meet. Unsolicited advice for sure but I cannot praise it enough. It makes the clinical aspect but more importantly the business aspect so darn easy! I love how easy it is to use and stay on top of our daily weekly and monthly goals
ConsLearning curve at the beginning was a bit rough but their onboarding team was incredible
kristina w.

“Faithful to Denticon”

OverallIt's been great
ProsThe ease of use. I was one of the beta users in the early days, and when I felt something needed changing, we would call and the staff at Denticon. Would make the adjustments.
ConsThe cost increases. It's too bad that early adopters aren't grandfathered in to a fixed price. This would also encourage dentists to stay with you, because if they left, they would lose their price.
Ashkan A.
Dentist/ Owner
August 13, 2016

“It does not need to be complicated!”

OverallI have been using this software for the last 7 years and I wish I knew about it sooner in my career. I spent many hours prior to switching to Denticon worrying about my back up mechanism and paying for updates. I like the fact that all updates are automatic and that I have a say in what I want the software to do for my practice.
ProsIn could service.... No worries about backup. Accessible from anywhere that internet is available.
Cons3rd party companies do not integrate into Denticon as readily as some other major names on the market. It can be done, but it takes a bit of time usually. Most third party companies write their software for major brand names.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the good work, you are on the right track!
August 13, 2016
Orest B.
OWNER
November 20, 2015

“Solo practice startup with Denticon”

OverallCloud based, no servers necessary other than a Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive for my xrays which cost $250. The software is designed for enterprise/large/multiple office practices, therefore it is supremely over engineered for a standard 1-3 doc practice. Denticon is like Dentrix but in the cloud. Denticon has also been around for over 10 years and is a solid company. Things I like: 1. Scheduler shows procedures for the appointment and includes the tooth/surface, unlike other PMS 2. Quick batch entry of EOBs and payments 3. Integrates with Lighthouse 360 well 4. Copies of xrays taken in the office are copied to the cloud via Dentiray, I can view xrays remotely on my iPhone or at home, no need to remote in to my office 5. Denticon does not break: there is never a software update gone bad to worry about, there is never a hardware issue, if there is an internet problem Denticon mirrors your data at multiple data centers across the US 6. Virtual Business Services aka outsourced insurance and aging support: To check and verify/enter insurance plans there is a button on the appointment that sends the patient's insurance info to a Denticon agent in the US who then will verify and enter all the necessary insurance info into the patient file. No one offers that. 7. Realtime eligibility: A button you press in the patient's file that connects with the insurance carrier and gives you an immediate eligibility and benefits remaining report 8. Built in time clock for staff. No other cloud PMS that I looked at offers this. 9. Easy to add new users, new locations/practices Since new ownership software updates have been more frequent but sometimes buggy. Denticon does not have the same grassroots user base interaction/support that is inherent in systems like Dentrix, Open Dental or Eaglesoft because their market penetration is geared towards multiple office/DSO customers.
November 20, 2015
Sarah E.
October 18, 2016

“Great All-Around Software, Constantly Improving”

OverallWe've been using Denticon since 2007 after switching from Kodak Practice Works. We've been very happy with the existing features, as well as the new features that have been introduced over time. We've been able to remove routing slips and paper charts from our day-to-day practice with this software. We've also been able to seamlessly integrate our digital x-ray software and our payment processing, as well as our electronic claims submission. When we have experienced issues interacting with the software, the PlanetDDS team is always quick to respond. We've also offered a few feature suggestions over the years, and all of them have been implemented. Overall, we're very pleased with the software, and would recommend it to any dental practice.
October 18, 2016
Liz V.
Office Manager/ RDA

“Denticon is wonderful ”

OverallDenticon is a wonderful secure online dental program. We completely appreciate that we have full access to our patient's records at all times from any place. The ease of the program and the constant upgrading of the site that is provided is so beneficial. Denticon has the best customer service and they are always welcoming to our suggestions and opinions.
ProsThe flows and eases of the program. The constant upgrading and that they listen to their customer's thoughts and suggestions.
ConsThe slowness of speed can be frustrating at times along with the delay (waiting for Denticon to respond)
Recommendations to other buyersDenticon is so much better than other software
Monica C.
August 19, 2016

“Great PM Software”

OverallWe've used Denticon for six years, and will continue to do so. The interface, while aesthetically utilitarian, is logical, functional and easy to navigate. The learning curve is very quick for new employees, which is of tremendous value. Most important of all is the prompt, friendly, knowledgeable support. They have the best support team we've ever worked with.
ProsThe Support Team is outstanding. New features and updates are seamless and useful. Great image handling via Apteryx bridge.
ConsThe interface is not as modern and slick as some others, but that is purely cosmetic.
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend Denticon if you value function and support over aesthetics.
August 19, 2016
Lisa V.
Vice President of Operations
January 11, 2017

“Denticon is a fantastic product! Very satisfied customer! ”

OverallVery user friendly, easy for new staff to learn with the integrated knowledge base and training videos- accommodates different learning styles. We are a growing mobile dental company with over 70 offices and Denticon fits our needs to a "T" with the many schedules and reports we run daily, monthly and yearly. The customer service, support and sales departments are always friendly and willing to go that extra mile to help. We have grown and gone through changes over the last 6 years and I couldn't imaging using a different vendor! Happy with the continued upgrades as well!
Prosuser friendly, regular upgrades
Lynne B.

“Denticon review”

OverallWe have been using Denticon software for years. It's flexibility is refreshing, ease of use is greatly appreciated and if ever we have any questions, technical support response is both rapid and thorough. We have been extremely pleased and recommend it to anyone who is overpaying for software that cannot accommodate a practice in the many ways that Denticon can accommodate a practice. The software has far exceeded my expectations and we have been using Denticon for over eight years. Their staff is professional and one of the best I have ever encountered.
ProsEase of use, flexibility, tech support
Conssmall screen shot
clemont a.
administrator
June 27, 2017

“I LIKE THE FLEXIBILITY OF DENTICON, IT WORKS WITH DIFFERENT OFFICES TO MEET THE WAY YOU WORK”

ProsFLEXIBILITY DIFFERENT WAYS TO DO DIFFERENT THINGS. LOVE HOW IT WORKS WITH MULTIPLE OFFICES, AND I LOVE THAT I AM NOT SPENDING A BUNCH OF TIME ON NETWORK AND SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE. NO BACKUPS. SUPER EASY AND LOW MAINTENANCE.
ConsSOME FUNCTIONS ARE HARD TO LOCATE OR COUNTER INTUITIVE. INSURANCE MANAGEMENT IS A LITTLE CLUNKY. WOULD LIKE MORE FLEXIBILITY WITH REPORTS. WITH OTHER SOFTWARE I COULD QUERY THE DATABASE AND PULL SPECIFIC DATA OUT.
June 27, 2017
Joy C.
Practice Administrator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
January 12, 2017

“The ONLY multi-office software needed!”

OverallAs our company continues to grow, so does the need for our practice management software. Luckily, the developers at PlanetDDS understand this and are more than willing to accommodate our personal requests to have the software "work" for us. Better communication, better features, more bells and whistles each time they release a new version. Way to stay ahead of the average competition!
ProsAccessed anywhere in the world! Multiple locations!
ConsNeeding to click on the "refresh" button to update our schedule.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't get frustrated, watch the videos!
Sapna A.
Controller

“Its easy to use”

Overallits easy to learn. I wish it had more interactive capability to click from reports to patients to work on reports easily. Customer support can be better. some time we want to talk to a person to solve the problem instead of opening a trouble shooting ticket, but it is not possible. For the amount we pay per month, we wanted more in person customer support.
Proseasy to use and learn
Consreports are not workable Customer support for software is only available through online trouble ticketing. we pay $ a month and will like to see more in person support
Nancy A.
dentist owner
August 8, 2017

“very helpful customer service”

Overallease of use
ProsLots of well thought out features, reports well thought out for ease of use! Wish the data could be manipulated like spreadsheets for ease of use.
Consinterface between this company and credit card company didnt go smoothly. The credit card company blamed me for not entering accounts properly. Patients were charged twice in one month and neither company as willing to help smooth it out. I lost patients because of this problem
August 8, 2017
Sarah L.
October 24, 2016

“EFFICIENT & RELIABLE”

OverallOur office has been with Denticon since the end of 2012. Their software is efficient and is backed-up by wonderful, knowledgeable, friendly support team. They integrate with companies who also gives great service like them. No contract, cloud-based, reliable service, fast support...what else can we ask for more?
ProsEverthing I said. Great software, cloud-based, integrates with efficient companies, and most of all, their efficient & friendly support team.
ConsI think the software can have better fonts & looks.
October 24, 2016
Natalie F.
Director of Operations
June 28, 2017

“Best dental software I have ever utilized!”

ProsFrom an executive level to the daily practice needs, the reporting capabilities are great. I can't leave out how amazing the insurance functionality is and how it reflects accurately when treatment planning, creating a more accurate estimate for the patient.
ConsWould love it if there were a support number to call rather than having to submit a ticket for any questions.
June 28, 2017
Ashkan A.
Owner Dentist
March 12, 2019

“I love denticon!”

OverallI have been using denticon since 2009 and I don't see myself ever changing the software.
ProsThe fact that you don't have to worry about backing up the software is a major plus. Also being able to login from anywhere is invaluable.
ConsThe wait to get an answer on questions! Also, the inconsistency in the support teams knowledge of the software.
March 12, 2019
Lisa P.
Dentist/Director of Dental Health Programs
November 16, 2018

“Awesome software for public health dentistry”

OverallSo glad we found this company. We have been using it since the beginning and have never regretted it.
ProsEasy to use. Great instruction at the beginning to get you started. Awesome support system to help along the way and/or fix problems. Very receptive to suggestions for improvements. We have over 65 locations where we practice and as long as we have internet service, we have the service available. We also took advantage of using their partner in billing. Worth every penny and we get paid so much quicker. The management reports and daily production reports that can be produced as very helpful, as well.
ConsNone that I can think of at this time. Every con in the past has eventually been addressed by the company.
Lotlot D.
October 11, 2017

“Very responsive customer support. Been adding features to make it more user friendly. ”

ProsBeing able to import medical history with one click of a button for new and existing patients. Plus it will also show the medical alerts on the patient main screen.
ConsThe walkout receipt. It accumulates the credit which doesn't work for discount plans because it calculates the discounts and the payment as one so its confusing patients.
October 11, 2017
Jennifer D.
September 20, 2017

“Evaluated all cloud based dental PM software 5 yrs ago for new office. Easily covers all bases!”

ProsIntuitive- much easier than Dentrix. Nice XDR add-on application; previous Eaglesoft user. Wanted cloud. Waiting for new Dentilytics.
ConsNeed red Medical notes alerts flash. Would like side column for scheduling practice management tasks. Would like more complete CRM integration and online review ease rather than using DemandForce or Lighthouse 360
September 20, 2017
Kody K.
Patient Coordination Manager
December 12, 2018

“Denticon is simple and easy to use”

OverallDenticon is how we keep track of all of our patients and make sure that we don't leave out anyone.
ProsDenticon has a very user friendly interface which makes it easy to keep track of all of our patients and what they need.
ConsA lot of the upgrades to the software cost extra, it would be nice to package it all together in one
December 12, 2018
William M.
June 13, 2018

“Denticon is very easy to use and has all the functionality needed in a dental office.”

OverallGood customer support
ProsCloud based with automatic backups. Updates included with the software. Easy to track patients care and insurance.
ConsI didn't have any problems with the software other than sometimes when we couldn't figure something out we would submit a ticket and have to wait for a return call.
June 13, 2018
Jessica G.
Insurance, 11-50 employees
May 23, 2019

“Denticon User”

OverallMy overall experience has been great i have no complaints ...
ProsSoftware is user friendly and you would be able to get it right away .Also customer service is beyond excellent if you have a problem understanding anything or help you submit a ticket and they will contact you immediately .I was very impressed with there customer service....
ConsI have not had a problem with anything yet and i have been using software for two years ...
May 23, 2019
November 12, 2018

“Easy to use but powerful cloud-based dental software”

ProsAccess from anywhere. Easy to use. Multiple office use is a bonus. Saves all patients information without backups.
ConsCost for marketing features should be included, with the cost of the basic software. I understand that anything not automated should have an additional fee.
November 12, 2018
April H.
Dentist/ Manager

“Good”

ProsCloud base , intuitive, customized . My team likes the ability to send suggestions on improving the software. I like the new dashboard.
ConsPrint offs for treatment estimates , payments are not easy to follow. Although I like the dashboard, wish we had the capability to print overdue recalls.
David M.
November 8, 2016

“Great Experience”

OverallAfter not reading everything correctly, Sandy called me up personally to explain things. She has worked with me through a few options and available possibilities on how to resolve issues. She was very helpful and easy to talk to.
ProsIt is very easy to navigate and user friendly
ConsThat you can't set up schedules differently on a weekly basis per provider book.
November 8, 2016
March 29, 2019

“Cloud based dental software”

ProsFirst I absolutely love the cloud based software! This helps us save space on site in the office and also it can be accessed from home if taking an emergency phone call. There are so many amazing functions and we keep learning more about how Denticon will improve our day! It's a relief to be paper free and the transition was relatively easy. With all of the new standards that dental offices must follow, it is already HIPAA compliant so that isn't a concern.
ConsMany functions to learn! Will take us time but will be worth it.
March 29, 2019
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
June 26, 2017

“I have been using Denticon for over 9 years and have not planned to change. ”

OverallSchedule and billing
ProsCloud based software allows me to be able to access software from different locations and offices. I like the mobile app to check my schedule.
ConsToggling back and forth to scheduler and Xdr can have glitches. Such as restorative chart dropping off.
Lauren Q.
IPDH

“Amy IPDH”

ProsI like that this software is online. I can schedule patients from home. I can review my day and progress notes outside of the office. And, Denticon has excellent technical support. I am a brand new independent practicing hygienist in Maine. I've done clinical work for over 30 years. The charting and progress notes are intuitive for me. But, I've always had admin people to register new patients and bill insurance and everything administrative in between. Now all that is mine to figure out. The immediate help available goes far beyond expectation. They are patient and informative and able to walk me through the hard stuff.
ConsI found the software non-intuitive. You really have to be taught exactly how to navigate it to use it. I've used Dentrix for years and feel like its easy software. This was a big shift for me.
Trisha G.
July 7, 2017

“Dental”

ProsThe ease of use is great! Customer service is also great and response is given in a timely manner. The constant updates work very well in our office and make the software easier and easier to utilize. The training videos are extremely helpful and should we need more assistance, customer service is there and very efficient. The reports are laid out good and include all the information needed when reviewing.
ConsIt would be nice if there was a way to update and close a claim in a patient's chart with the press of 1 button instead of having to update and then go back in to the claim and close it.
July 7, 2017
Dr. Fernando V.
August 9, 2016

“Great Software”

OverallI am a ex Dentrix and Open Dental. Denticon is a great software, very easy to use and train my staff. I do not need a Server.
ProsIs Web Based , VBS services, Easy and clean .
ConsDoes not integrate with other 3rd parties. I would like a Voice appointment confirmation.
August 9, 2016
Eric M.

“Love this company”

ProsEasy to use; great customer support; great learning tools; quick response to trouble tickets. Their EHR reporting tools are awesome!
ConsI would love to see more patient call back reminder features. However, we have found that they are very open to suggestions on what additional features they should build into the software.
Anoop B.
Dentist, owner
1-10 employees
August 17, 2016

“Convenient, User Friendly, Cost Effective ”

OverallI have been a Denticon user for almost seven years! I have been very pleased over the years with Denticon's features and services. It is easy to use and cost effective at the same time!
ProsUser friendly, convenient, and cost effective.
August 17, 2016
Cheryl O.

“Best Dental Software”

OverallI have been in the dental field for over 25 years, I have been using Denticon for the past 10 years. It's a user friendly program to use.
ProsThe restorative chart
January 10, 2017

“Best Dental Practice Software, period. ”

OverallI've had Planet DDS take care of me since 2008. One of the best moves I made when starting my practice.
ProsEase of use
ConsSome difficulties running on Macs.
Recommendations to other buyersGet it.
Dayne J.
Surgeon
May 3, 2019

“Glad we switched ”

OverallGreat
ProsLove the cloud based I can access it easily.
ConsNo medical billing would be great to add.
May 3, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
June 26, 2018

“Superb. Being cloud-based makes life so simple.”

Overallchairisde information without the paper notes
ProsThe cloud based nature of Denticon is great from the clinical point of view. I was dubious when it claimed it could reduce friction but it does. I have all the information I need chairside and its interface is great.
ConsCan be a little slow sometimes but this may be my network. We are in an older building and the cabling maybe needs improving.
June 26, 2018
Kelli C.
Regional Manager

“Works great”

OverallThere are a few things I would like to see with Denticon . All and all it works great for our needs.
Ashley M.
amadera@slimdental.com
October 6, 2017

“Customer rep was very helpful and efficient !”

OverallCloud based access.
ProsThat it's cloud based and I can easily access it from home if needed. I also like the included HIPPA view option on the schedule.
ConsThe ledger is tedious and not user friendly, at all! Training is helpful, but the only way to truly understand the ledger is by experience.
October 6, 2017