QQCatalyst Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About QQCatalyst

QQ Catalyst is a revolutionary new cloud-based insurance agency management system. Catalysts innovative user interface offers capabilities and design features unlike anything insurance agencies have ever seen before. With no set-up fee's, no monthly contract and a 30 day money back guarantee, we make it easy to do business with QQSolutions. Come and see why over 23,000 agents and over 5,000 agencies rely on our technology everyday to manage their business. Learn more about QQCatalyst

Logan B.
Ops Manager
Insurance, 11-50 employees
August 14, 2019

“QQ Catalyst best value AMS”

OverallWe are solving the need of getting data from insurance companies.
ProsPrice, cloud, api, it has everything you need to keep track of clients, customers and employees.
ConsIt has everything you need to get started but you will have to hire someone to constantly manually manage things that should be automated. Reports, data structure, ease of use, tasks, mailroom, downloads
August 14, 2019
Kristy S.
July 19, 2019

“Great Product, but read the fine print”

ProsGreat features, functionality and integrations.
ConsBest for carriers that use Ivan downloads. A lot of manual entry otherwise. Read your contract. You can only make changes to your contract ONCE A YEAR AND ONLY IF YOU GIVE 60 DAYS NOTICE. I wanted to cancel my contract for various reasons to include I'm a captive agent and the manual entry was to time-consuming and also because I'm closing that side of my business. Low and behold I discovered that you can only make changes ONCE A YEAR at your renewal and you have to request those changes no less than 60 days before that renewal. So now I am stuck paying for something I can't use for another 8 months.
July 19, 2019
September 24, 2018

“QQCatalyst for a small agency”

OverallCatalyst allows a great place to keep track of all my customers and their policies. Download from most of my carriers helps me to be at my desk as apposed to going to the hard files. Tasks and reminders are great. There are many third party software and phone system integrations. There are more features in the system than I use so I feel I can grow my agency and still have more features that will help me later.
ProsEasy to use but with many high end features.
ConsIt was recently purchased by a bigger competitor and they are having support and up-time issues lately.
September 24, 2018
Kelli W.
Agent
August 7, 2019

“Great product”

ProsI love that everything that you could want is included in the management system. We have used QQsolutions products for over 10 years and we were hesitate to make the change over to Catalyst but we are so happy that we did. Everything is included in one place now, you can email straight from the platform, text etc.
ConsYou can only select one email to delete at a time from the mailbox, I wish there was an option to select more than one.
August 7, 2019
Louie A.
Principal
April 25, 2018

“Had them for over 3 years”

ProsThey provide the same service as pleanty of other providers and charge twice as much.. but that is not a pro..
ConsCost keeps going up. Started low and now we are too high/month...1 man agency. no rime or reason, just when vetafore bought them the fees jacked....we paying for >500 clients, Sales support was supposed to get back to me and that was the last I heard.. 6 months ago.
April 25, 2018
Diane T.
January 9, 2018

“I like the many features available in the program and the quick response from the customer service.”

ProsI like most the ability to test and measure so many variables through the reports as well as the Dashboard widgets providing real stats on premiums, lines of business, cross sell opportunities, customer source and more. We can quickly identify these crucial stats to determine our growth goals. I like that I can access the system anywhere and even on my cell phone.
ConsThe onboarding process was not as easy as implied. The system did not correctly recognize the agent name and transfer it over, instead it added the wrong agent.
January 9, 2018
Noe T.
Agent
Insurance, 11-50 employees
February 7, 2018

“A lot of room for Improvement, I mean a lot!”

OverallVery little, Compared to others....Unfortunately, Management is not fond of changes and the employees don't want to start all over with training on another product.
ProsI like the dashboard and its really easy to use. The fact that you can see your expiring policies on the dashboard.
Cons1. Can't Customize Fields. 2.- Not good for Commercial Lines. 3.- Need to enter same info multiple times. 4.-Not really good for accounting and premium tracking. 5.- Bugs from old version Cant be removed. 6.- Files don't Attach in the same "Tab". 7.- No hyperlink provided for the Premium Finance Companies, the ones for the MGA's dont work. 8.-The Productivity Tracking is a Joke. If I track my productivity it says I havent done squat in over 6 months...LOL. 9.-Cant delete 1 ID card from a list of ID Cards already issued, You need to create another set if you want to print only active vehicles. 10.- Cant rely on the Quickbooks integration. Overall, This is really not a good choice if you want more for your money. Sincerely - Actual QQ-Catalyst User. (Not like the ones giving 5 Star...LOL)
February 7, 2018
Kevin B.
Principal Agent
February 22, 2017

“An awesome agency management system”

OverallWe have been using QQ for almost 3 years. We are still finding new and awesome features, and QQ keeps adding functionality. We have been able to quit using some other software programs as they are now built in to QQ.
ProsEase of use. I love the way it can integrate with other programs.
ConsCustomer support can be slow at times.
Recommendations to other buyersDo your research and find the best fit for yourself.
February 22, 2017
Jannin C.
Customer Service Representative
August 2, 2019

“Good software, could use some uodates!”

OverallOverall is good software, easy to use and learn. But it needs to be more wholesome and integrate other aspects of the business. I believe is great you can do things such as messaging right from the platform but it would be better is everything was more connected and better displayed. Also missing key features, like issuance of liability certificates.
Pros- Easy to learn and use - Allowed to review customer's history at a glance - In-the-app communication with customers
Cons- Missing to update information from the carriers or insurance providers (Except Progressive) - Didn't have all the services we provide in the office like issuance of liability certificates
August 2, 2019
Michelle M.
Agency Principal
November 5, 2018

“Easy to Use Functionality”

ProsWe've been using this software since 2013. It is a great way to streamline client data, email, texting and the like. We'd be lost without it.
ConsSometimes we do get service hangups and issues with mailroom but for the most part it works well
November 5, 2018
Insurance, Unspecified
June 20, 2018

“QQ Catalyst was a great tool for our client management software.”

ProsQQ Catalyst is online and you can connect anywhere in the world. Also the reports and commissions features are pretty solid.
ConsWith QQ Catalyst being online it is more expensive than it's previous software. Also there are storage limits.
June 20, 2018
David G.
November 23, 2018

“Great Client Management System”

ProsI like that I can manage all my companies different insurance products for all our clients. It's easy to populate Acord forms.
ConsI don't like that they don't have a beneficiary section for products needing one.
November 23, 2018
Aaron A.
August 28, 2019

“Mediocre product, empty promises, mean legal team.”

OverallThe sales reps dupe you into signing, talking about discounted month to month rates, and 'sign up before our price increase,' and omit any discussion about being locked in for 3 years. Then Vertafore has its legal team defend them when you ask to leave. If it's not too late, run away!
ProsIt functioned ok for P&C agency management but that's about it. When we finally found a service rep willing to help (a few months later) she was very helpful.
ConsThe contact lock in. And the lack of future compatibility and integrations. It was all-around mediocre. It did everything you need for P&C - contact management, downloads, commission calculation, etc - but nothing is outstanding compared to the competitors.
August 28, 2019
Donna D.
July 9, 2019

“Customers are all in one place. Great Product easy to use”

OverallIt is a great Agency Management System.
ProsWe are getting this product finally! I have been to review the product with the owner & decided to start using this in place of our old system. It has so many great features. I am looking forward to using it very soon.
ConsI have not seen any cons yet on this product.
July 9, 2019
Vivian S.
May 13, 2019

“Be aware how they bill you!”

OverallIt is already not the cheapest software, however they way they charge you just make it worse. I do not recommend this product
Pros1. They give good demonstration 2. Overall easy to learn
ConsCustomer Service: 1. Billing is the worst. Vertafore billed me one month before I could actually use the software. 2. The account manager never cared to explained how they bill except pushing me to sign their deals. 3. Endless waiting on their billing department to tell me if they are going to fix this. Technical: 4. Too much details to put in for one customer or one policy. 5. The way it displays is not as clear as QQ revolution
May 13, 2019
Anita G.
October 16, 2017

“Very user friendly in comparison to other systems allowing me to my agency up and running quickly.”

ProsLove the cloud based system where I can service my accounts from literally anywhere I have internet access.
ConsUser packages could be broader and not separate personal and commercial products. Should be either P&C product or L&H for has cost.
October 16, 2017
Renee L.
Principal
April 20, 2018

“Really disappointing”

ProsWhen these features are actually working, my favorite are texting, emailing right from a client contact, the fact that the system keeps a log of everything done within a client contact.
ConsFor starters, it is SO glitchy. When you call customer support they leave you hanging and just brush you off. Sometimes you can send an email, sometimes it just won't work. Alerts don't always come up so I could have received a text message hours ago but was never alerted. When I open an Acord form while in a policy, the policy number never carries over to the form! So I am doing a binder and manually having to enter the policy number. A lot of information did not carry over during the conversion from AMS Prime. Before signing up, I went over with our conversion contact the things that would and would not be carried over. They fell short on that and we are missing a lot of information. Luckily, we still have access to Prime so we are now having to refer back to it which is absurd. I have tried many different contacts within the company and I cannot get a response from anyone. The website is very slow.
April 20, 2018
Gabriel P.
Senior Territory Manager
Insurance, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2019

“Good enough management system ”

OverallThe system is great if your new agency or have limited funds for a management system but if you can spend the money there are other systems that will allow you to do more
ProsThe system is very affordable and can house lots of client information It's convenient to be able to update notes about interactions with customers It helps the business to be able to attach documents that pertain to the clients Insurance history
ConsThe system runs very slow and freezes up pretty consistently The system feels outdated and has a very old look to the interface
July 18, 2019
Elissa H.
Producer
June 10, 2019

“Awful Customer Service”

ProsI liked the overall look of the online platform.
ConsThe customer service absolute worst. It takes days to receive a response to a simple question and you will never talk to the same person twice, if you get a person at all.
June 10, 2019
Kelley O.
Agency owner
April 23, 2019

“Owner-Agent”

OverallAgain, redundant, see above, be aware, do your homework and don't believe anything they post or email stating how great they are, find a different solution!!!
ProsReal Time Inquires, when/if it's working?
ConsAll too time consuming, several repetitive key strokes, little to no care, compassion, or solution mode offered from customer support ( with exception to Travis) Near impossible to accomplish just about anything, constantly hear 'not my department' VERY FRUSTRATING! Nearly 6 months in and feeling totally taken advantage of .... AGENTS BEWARE!
April 23, 2019
Don M.
July 22, 2019

“Read the FINE PRINT”

OverallAwful nightmare. Can't stand this system nor the salespeople that sold it to me.
ProsEasy to use in some areas. That is about it.
ConsManagement and training. This is my fault for not researching this management system enough before I bought it. I was a brand new agency and needed an AMS fast. I settled on this one. But not having IVAN download and other things from the agency frm the agency I purchased really put me behind the 8 ball. never realized this, QQ Catalyst and Vertafore would not let up on the contract one bit. Worst expieriecne EVER with a company. YOu need to do your research. You will find much better AMS out there. I WISH I DID
July 22, 2019
Dylan S.
Insurance Agent / Assistant Office Manager
Insurance, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 6, 2018

“Good small agency management system”

OverallFor the price point, and considering the size of your agency, this product may work very good for you. We are a small agency of less than 5 employees and it works great.
ProsThis system is great for a smaller size insurance agency, which allows for a lower out of pocket expense as well.
ConsThis product has a lot of great features, but will still lack some where you could have with the larger agency management systems.
November 6, 2018