Acronis Backup Ratings

Overall

About Acronis Backup

Acronis Cyber Backup is an easy and fast backup solution for any business & any size, whether data is located on-premises, in remote systems, in private & public clouds! Acronis Cyber Backup ensures complete protection that safeguards data,15-sec Recovery Time Objectives/RTOs, remote and automated recovery options, backups that are safe from ransomware, control over data location, authenticity and integrity, flexibility to support a variety of platforms. 500K+ businesses rely on our technology Learn more about Acronis Backup

Francis H.
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
August 13, 2019

“Great Backup, When You Know How!”

OverallI require backup software that is consistently reliable, yet offers the flexibility to backup my entire computer system, including system files. Then, I want to easily restore any of my backup file versions as required, especially if I purchase new computers that need the same configuration as my existing ones. Crucially, if any of my computers should break beyond repair, I want to use my backup files to restore on any new computers. Acronis, delivers on the above. I am very appreciative for this and have had cause to use these features. I am accustomed to a backup routine and do this weekly. I keep three generations of backup. Acronis has a great feature of validating each backup that, I presume checks each file for errors. Comforting to know when your data is important.
ProsAcronis has an extensive suite of backup features, with a myriad of options. You will find all that you need from backing up all of your hard drive to selected files. You can backup to an external drive or to the cloud, you decide. Your backup files are available whenever you require, for the inevitable disaster, when you will be thankful you backed up regularly. Its one of the few backup software that actually backs up your entire computer system. Very useful if you have a complete breakdown or need to restore to a new computer.
ConsAt first glance, the software can appear daunting to the novice. The Menu looks clean and simple, yet you look around, bemused, because you don't really know what to do. The instructions are not good. I found my way around, more, trial and error. Discovering the features, by exploring the Menu options and reading the prompts. Initially, it took over hours of my time. Now I know what I am doing, I think the software is great. However, if I go on holiday and come back to Acronis after a period of time, it takes a little time to refresh myself on how use it again. Its not intuitive. With this in mind, this is my backup software of choice.
August 13, 2019
Berndt R.
pensioner
February 20, 2018

“For me the most important program ever”

ProsDue to frequent changes in the software, such as Updates and new installations or even the risk of viruses make it absolutely necessary to make regular backups. I have been using Acronis for many years and have never been disappointed When I had to restore the system it worked great! I like it best that you can search the backups at any time and copy data from it. Thus one can repair small problems also on the fast. The possibility to restore the backup also on changed hardware or to integrate own drivers round out the whole still. The rescue media has worked on every computer so far and is regularly updated with new features. Almost every year under the Extras menu you will also find new functions such as system integration or tools from third-party manufacturers. If you want to be on the safe side, you can also use the Try & Deside function to undo system changes immediately. The backups can even be converted into a virtual machine via detours and integrated in Virtual Box, which allows you to try everything without risk. All in all a must have for me!
ConsSome years ago there was the possibility to buy a Plus version. In this one got additional futures. This was later abolished and the futures were so available. For some reason, parts of it did not exist one or two years later. That was not enjoyable then. In the meantime, the best futures are back and everything is fine!
February 20, 2018
Neyda Jose M.
Software Developer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
May 20, 2019

“Ideal for recovery and backup of business data”

OverallAcronis has been really useful since at a business level it is always under risk, since it can fail some server or be attacked in a cybernetic way that is why thanks to the implementation of this software we have backup copies of the business data more important as well as an immediate recovery of them.
ProsOne of the things I like most about this information backup software is that it allows users to back up any location, that is, it does not matter if their data is in the cloud or if it is on another platform. the same way you can protect them, its interface is highly customizable so the user can choose the type of backup that you want to implement, it also offers different types of data encryption which is really advantageous, because if they are stored out of its platform there is no risk of loss or theft and the best or my favorite aspect is that it does not matter since part of the world wants to carry out the backup of information since it is a platform that only requires internet access and a user account to protect your data.
ConsAcronis is not a completely perfect platform because its learning curve is quite high so it is recommended only for companies with a large amount of data to support.
May 20, 2019
Chris J.
IT Admin
May 10, 2018

“I'm a big fan of Acronis for business backup. Very efficient in bringing back up images of servers.”

OverallLike I said in my review, the virtual image backups are really easy to work with once set up correctly, and can definitely save you from headaches when a server blows up on you. You basically just point to your image, and spin it back up when disaster happens.
ProsOur Acronis backup scheme works very well in protecting our main file server. The backup process is quick and offers a lot of options, across a number of different backup devices. It's also very easy to spin up another image of a downed server in a short amount of time. It has saved me when one of our VM's was corrupted, and it was very easy to retrieve files from archived images.
ConsThe set up can be a little daunting, especially when working with virtual server technology. Also, there customer support site can be a little overwhelming to wade through for the uninitiated. You have to really identify your issue before sifting through all the support articles. The online manuals were pretty straightforward but did require some study before getting started.
Aaron G.
Computer Software, Self-employed
May 24, 2019

“Excellent value”

ProsWe use this for workstation backups at my company and for this task it works great. The compression and deduplication is pretty good, scheduling options are very robust. I've had very few issues using it and it has been very reliable.
ConsCompression is pretty good, but not the best out there
May 24, 2019
Lisa H.
PC/Network technician and business owner
April 12, 2019

“Great backup software!”

OverallI received a free version of Acronis TrueImage software with a hard drive that I purchased, and I liked it so much, I bought the full version. It was very reasonably priced, and it has proven to be such a good tool that I can recommend it to my customers!
ProsIt is very simple to use, and has some features I haven't seen in other backup software -- at least not working! I have tried many different backup programs, and many of them say that they're backing up a full system image while it is running. No other software has actually given me a system image in this way that could be successfully and completely restored to a hard disk. Acronis did, and very quickly, as well. It's also easy to set up scheduled backups and to choose different folders to include. I now recommend it to my customers as backup software, especially for Windows 10. It will do a clone of a Windows 10 system on a new hard drive that works perfectly. Add to that its affordability and the fact that it runs well on Windows 7, 8 and 10, and it's practically perfect!
ConsWell, the only problem I've had was solved pretty easily: I changed to a new workstation and tried to install the Acronis software I had purchased. The activation process said that I had installed it on too many computers, so I had to deactivate the previous installation before it would work. I did, and it did!
April 12, 2019
John P.
iSeries Administrator
Computer Hardware, Self-employed
August 17, 2018

“The best backup software I've ever used”

OverallI had a very old Windows 7 laptop that had a hard drive that was failing. I installed the Acronis software and used it to clone the internal drive to an external USB drive with an SSD hard drive in it. Although the drive was failing and had many errors, Acronis was able to successfully clone the drive. I replaced the failing drive with the newly cloned SSD and the system booted right up. I had to reinstall a couple of drivers that were corrupted on the original drive but other than that the new drive works perfectly. I was concerned cloning a traditional drive to an SSD but Acronis handled it with no problems.
ProsThis program is very easy to use and very powerful. It performs traditional backups including full, incremental and diffierential as well as cloning entire drives. It also supports building the recovery software into your backup drive so that if you need to do a bare metal restore, the software is all there.
ConsWhen cloning a drive with many errors, it seems to wait a long time before it asks you if you want to ignore them. Once I told it to ignore the errors, the clone worked great.
August 17, 2018
Gary W.
September 3, 2019

“Acronis Backup”

OverallOverall, this is one of the best backup programs I have used. I have had to do several bare metals restores using it and it has always performed perfectly.
ProsAcronis backup is something I have been using for years. I switched to it after using another major Vendor's backup solution after it became very costly. Acronis has only become better over the years. Their agents deploy nicely to servers, the workstation backups are flexible, and they have a Mac client.
ConsThe only downside I see is that their cost for their online backup is a bit high. If you catch a sale or discount then it isn't too bad.
September 3, 2019
Rebecca R.
Software Development Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 27, 2019

“Fast restoration of the most important business data and information”

OverallSince the use of this software has been implemented, our information is kept secure and backed up so that in the event of any failure of one of our servers we no longer have to worry because we only have to go from anywhere to the cloud and thus restore that information to may our business continue to stand.
ProsI love Acronis Backup, since it is a software that allows you to quickly restore commercial and personal information, it is also easy to use and beyond restoring and supporting data, it also protects them against ransomware attacks what really It gives us peace of mind because we can not only back up our data but also protect it, which is why I consider it a really complete and quite flexible software, since it offers its users a free 30-day trial, and is also compatible with Linux systems and Windows
ConsMore than upset I consider it a suggestion, it would be ideal if your interface could be improved to make it much more modern.
August 27, 2019
Jorge L.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
November 13, 2018

“Worry-free Backup Solutions”

ProsWe have implemented Acronis backup tools in many customers with the purpose of automating workstation and server backup processes. Acronis is consistent in the scheduled tasks and provides a reliable backup (and recovery) solution for organizations of different sizes. On a personal note, I have also used the Acronis Ransomware Protection Tool which is free and a great resource for protecting against the loss of important files. Their software tools, in general, are easy to use with a friendly and intuitive user interface.
ConsSetting up the business tools takes some time and requires attention to detail. You can easily misconfigure important tasks if you are not careful.
November 13, 2018
Nick B.
Network Admin
Machinery, 1001-5000 employees
April 9, 2019

“Having Acronis will ensure you get a bonus”

OverallMy overall experience with this software has been nothing but excellent. I can sleep rest assured that our back ups are completing and were able to restore if we need to.
ProsAcronis By far the best most robust and easiest to use back up software I have ever used. The jobs are easy to set up in the restores our seamless.
ConsI struggle to find any cons with the software. As compared to our previous backup software this is far and away the best. This is outperformed anything that comes to my mind.
April 9, 2019
Sue C.
Finance
Events Services, 11-50 employees
March 5, 2019

“Great for Daily Backups”

OverallWe have had to use the restore feature a few times. On one occasion the backup did not complete and we lost a weeks worth of work when we restored the files. I periodically do a verification to make sure the backup is running correctly. Otherwise its a must have when your computer crashes.
ProsCan be set up for daily backups Runs in the background Easy computer restore feature
ConsSome 3red party software has to be reinstalled If for some reason the backup does not complete your backs from that day forward are not usable
April 10, 2018

“Simple and effective for my budget”

ProsThe web based console to control all my backups in one place, and not having to remote onto a machine to start a backup or create a backup profile is great. The fact that incomplete backups can resume from where they left off, and i have the option of target locations to do backups
ConsInitially the software upgrades can take quite long or not complete at all. Sometimes the seed load is seen as a separate backup, and the incremental backups take up more space than they should.
April 10, 2018
Paul K.
Business Owner
March 6, 2018

“Overall solid and full featured. Can be confusing for less savvy end users”

OverallA reliable backup software that can be precisely configured as needed
ProsAcronis has been my personal backup software of choice for my own office for several years, it has a huge degree of configurability, could look for in a backup product. I find that it does though, require some degree of technical awareness to configure and utilize properly
ConsInterface can be intimidating and /or confusing, for less technically proficient and users. Can present them with too many options and choices.
March 6, 2018
Michael R.
Systems Administrator
Utilities, 11-50 employees
February 14, 2019

“Acronis Backup for Server”

ProsI really like the software as far as dependability and reliability. I've used this software on multiple platforms for over a decade, one of the most respected names in my mind when it comes to backup/recovery solution providers.
ConsThe cost of the server platform and the feature set it offers for that price point is really expensive. But compared to other providers like Veeam it does a much better job and is dependable.
February 14, 2019
November 16, 2018

“Cloud backups are great, when you have internet”

ProsThe ability to run local, and cloud backups provide the extra redundancy necessary for any company to succeed after data loss. During a prolonged internet outage, it's important to be able to keep your backups running.
ConsThe pricing can be complex to navigate, and deciding which plan to subscribe to-- the per device/ per GB-- isn't obvious at first and takes a reseller with experience to lead you in the right direction.
November 16, 2018
Elan W.
Managing Member
Law Practice, Self-employed
September 24, 2019

“Acronis - Great Local Backup”

OverallFor backing up my local drives while offering Ransomware protection, my experience with Acronis has been great.
ProsThe GUI and various options are easy to figure out and configure. There are many different backup options, and the on-board Ransomware protection is a plus.
ConsThe software does crash on a somewhat regular basis and appears at times to be a memory hog. However, most of the time it works just fine.
September 24, 2019
Dan G.
Chief Operating Officer, and HIPAA Privacy Officer
June 21, 2018

“Acronis Backup has all of the state-of-the-art features you need for quick recovery”

ProsThe ability to virtualize from your backup media is a huge asset. This means that if your server fails, you can boot it up in a virtual environment and get it all configured in about 30 minutes. Having a VM fail-over server is the best part of this backup.
ConsThe interface to recover can be confusing. It's best to start with a totally erased, non-formatted recovery drive. If it's formatted already it might map partitions incorrectly. Full recovery outside of VM can be slower than Windows Server Backup.
June 21, 2018
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
February 23, 2018

“When used as an imaging software for system builds, it works great. Backup and restores are adequate”

OverallFast system deploys. Able to image a system including OS state before tinkering for troubleshooting purposes. Restores are fast if using the boot disk.
ProsIt is easy to use and performs well if the underlying operating system is the right and supported versions. Using the created boot disk and using that to image and build systems (older version) was easy.
ConsThe newer interfaces are horrible. I understand trying to make it more idiot proof but hiding away features under a simplistic interface means advanced users have to really dig to find the tools needed. Seriously, I've tried to get end users to get this software and do their own backups but it doesn't do much more than the built-in backup utilities so it would be better if they focused on more advanced tech users as their customer base.
February 23, 2018
Computer Hardware, Self-employed
September 12, 2019

“The Best Backup Utility!”

OverallUsing Acronis in a hospital environment made things very quick and easy! Migrating from Windows XP to 7 was a huge task at hundreds of doctor offices in the state and Acronis made backing data up very quick and easy. No data was ever lost!
ProsAcronis is a very powerful backup utility. The software makes it easy to configure a backup and execute. The software works very well and I never really had any issues with using it.
ConsThe cloud storage is a separate thing from the software so a hard drive or thumb drive would need to be used.
September 12, 2019
Jada R.
Facility Supervisor
Recreational Facilities and Services, 201-500 employees
April 2, 2019

“Acronis Backup”

OverallExcellent! I love knowing my data is safe and secure.
ProsSuper easy to configure. I have been using this software for years and recently had my first failed HDD. It was no nice to be able to restore to a new drive easily without the panic of whether I lost data or not.
ConsNew versions change quite a bit and require some learning.
April 2, 2019
Mike W.
IT Tech
May 10, 2018

“Acronis Backup is a effective solution for backing up user data.”

ProsThe ability to schedule backups after closing. We need our VM servers backed up daily for medical records and patient files.
ConsSlows down the network resources when running during the day. Also backing up multiple servers has to be done as two separate backups at different times and if they overlap, the backups fail.
jojo s.
it network and security mgr
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
December 5, 2016

“Acronis Server Backup”

Overalla must tool for imaging servers and workstations. works now with windows 10 (not tried windows 2016 yet).
Proseasy to use creating windows 10 images.
Consnone so far.
Recommendations to other buyersso many flavors/versions with this software and they keep renaming it even with your existing subscriptions. initial cost is high but maintenance is not. customer support is the best. the ticket will not be closed until they fully provide a solution to it...
December 5, 2016
August 30, 2019

“Backing up your data with Acronis”

OverallThis is the kind of tool that fits the needs of a major part of users and you can't go wrong with it. However, given the amount of options it offers, using it for the first time can prove to be a little harder than it should and if you are in need for a simple, one-time quick backup of your data, perhaps you should consider using a less complete, more to the point tool. Otherwise, this is the tool you'll want to have.
ProsIt brings a really extensive suite of backup options that covers essentially everything that people should need when performing a backup of their data and/or operational system. The ability to backup your data to different locations (including the cloud) and to encrypt it are really nice features.
ConsThe interface could have some improvement, since it does take a little time to find your way around the tool and discover how to use it to do exactly what you need.
August 30, 2019
Elan W.
Managing Member
June 26, 2018

“Great Backup Software!”

ProsAcronis backup software has an easy-to-learn interface and does what I need it to so -- backup two computers -- seamlessly and quietly.
ConsIt does have a tendency to crash on occasion and bring down not only the program but to stop my entire operating system from running.
June 26, 2018
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
January 26, 2018

“Great backup software for Mac”

OverallA reliable backup solution for my work PC.
ProsThe backup software that comes with Mac and Windows are a bit rudimentary. Better than nothing, but very bare bones. And if you've ever had a Mac OS Time Machine restore fail on you, well...you only need to have that happen once before you lose your trust in it. If you're looking for a more robust and reliable local backup solution, this is the solution that you're looking for.
ConsI moved from Time Machine to this, so I miss the ability to restore specific files quickly. But I very much rather have a backup I trust will work when a restore is needed.
January 26, 2018
Construction, 501-1000 employees
October 10, 2017

“Good product”

ProsIt's a very simple product to use and provides a great imaging platform for a low cost. Overall does a good job at backups of individual desktops.
ConsLimited to desktop backup. Not a good piece of software in a VM environment. Images can be very large and does not offer compression.
October 10, 2017
Jerad W.
Information Security Analyst
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
December 26, 2018

“Easy To Use”

OverallWe used the software for deployment of multiple machines. It made new setups quick and easy instead of applying a fresh install, installing drivers, and applying updates. Acronis saved a lot of time.
ProsCreating an image of the PC and then using it to deploy said image to multiple PCs was a simple task with Acronis. It can simply work with a large flash drive or a flash drive with the Acronis image and an external that has the image file for the PCs.
ConsOccasionally I would have to create the Acronis bootable flash drive two or three times before the PC would recognize the boot drive.
December 26, 2018
Geoffrey A.
February 22, 2018

“Good Product, that is even more reliable than previous years”

ProsGood reliable backup of servers and workstations, great support and easy to setup on servers or VM Hosts.
ConsIn some instances the software has had errors during volume snapshot or Validation,however support has been good and resolved the issues.
February 22, 2018
Dustin S.
Superintendent of Information Technology
February 12, 2018

“Expensive, but effective.”

ProsAcronis is very good for what it does -- it takes backups quickly; the backups are easy to manage, and it offers all of the basic features you'd expect if you came from a legacy solution like BackupExec.
ConsSometimes... it just acts weird. I've had to have support come in and run scripts against our backup database several times in the last few years, because it just gets in a weird funk (for example, showing "next start" for some backups as being in the past, or perpetually showing a task as "running" even though it completed weeks ago. Support is quick to help, though, and solves the problem every time.
February 12, 2018
Shason Y.
Vp admin
January 18, 2018

“Use it to back vm machines”

ProsThe software is easy to use to eather to restore a vm or just a file. The replication is also great to backup to a off site drive.
ConsThe cost is a little high and sometimes the error messages durring a backup are not easy to understand.
January 18, 2018
Jevanni L.
System Administrator
December 6, 2017

“Most affordable backup solutions for a small Business”

ProsThat we can use the same software for internal and cloud backup. Easy web based dashboard with simple restores.
ConsI do find that the error messages are hard to decipher if/when a backup is unsuccessful. However, support is very good in helping out the solution.
December 6, 2017
July 19, 2019

“Ideal Backup for any size of Business”

OverallIt does what it says. It's a great tool if you know how to do stuffs using it.
ProsThe thing I love most is the cross platform support of Acronis Backup. Also what it has to offer is incredible. Backup process is very quick and offers lot of options to select from.
ConsSetup and initial process could be somewhat complex. Also you may need to get some idea on virtual servers before proceed.
July 19, 2019
orhangazi y.
system architect
Banking, 5001-10,000 employees
April 3, 2019

“Top for Image Backup”

OverallIn our datacenter we backup our servers' images in case of losing servers' operating system or data.
ProsAcronis can take a server's image and put it any hardware other than its original.
ConsIt a bit expensive than other rivals in the market.
April 3, 2019
Ronald v.
Supervisor
Retail, 10,001+ employees

“Solid backup solution”

OverallI have used their software since 2007, and it has never failed. Saved my bacon many times. Don't leave your pc running without it.
Pros- robust backup options - excellent support
Cons- None to that i an think of. It does what it says.
Matt H.
October 12, 2018

“Excellent Backup Solution”

OverallPretty simple to setup, backup, and restore.
ProsPretty simple to setup, backup, and restore. Restore jobs are quite easy.
ConsTech Support can be a bit sketchy if you need help with something in a hair-on-fire scenario.
October 12, 2018
Kyle B.
June 7, 2018

“Acronis is far and away the best DR solution on the market!”

ProsI love the ease of use of the product. It easy easy to implement and easy to manage day to day. A DR solution is something that you have in place and hope you never need it. However, when you do , Acronis really makes me look great to my clients!
ConsCost. I am a small business owner and really have to watch my bottom dollar closely. I can always use a discount!
June 7, 2018
Apparel & Fashion, 201-500 employees
March 26, 2019

“Absolutely amazing”

OverallFrom single machines with a incremental backup, to a full server farm with disaster recovery. It's that good.
ProsAcronis Backup is super scalable. Flexible. Easy to use. And has great reporting abilities.
ConsNothing to dislike other than the hard limit of 100MB for 'dowloads' rather than recoveries but I hear they're looking into this further on into the year.
March 26, 2019
Robert R.
September 11, 2018

“Great Backup Solution”

OverallOverall Acronis has been a good solution. After the initial backup, everything else is fairly quick.
ProsAcronis is fairly easy to configure and use. I did not have any problems configuring it to backup my PC automatically. Their online documentation also seems to be fairly helpful.
ConsHad some issues with drives being mapped on the PC and backing up to a NAS device through that mapped drive. Having the drive mapped and pointing the software to network location on the same share in the software did not work.
September 11, 2018
Andrigo F.
Support Analist
June 5, 2019

“The best backup software for your business.”

OverallAcronis has proved to be the best backup solution on the market, and i've tested a bunch of other software before start using Acronis. Can't complain about nothing related to the software. Support is good, documentation is excelent, usability is perfect.
ProsAs a certified professional, Acronis has been to me the best backup software on the market. It's just not because of the functionalities. It's because how they works. The backup and restore processs are flawless, bare metal recovery are incredible reliable, universal restore works like a charm. Every single feature works very well.
ConsPrice. Acronis is an expensive solution compared to others in the market. I think they should change their licencing method.
June 5, 2019
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
September 14, 2018

“Favorite Backup Software”

ProsAcronis Backup has worked great when I needed to make disk image backups of PCs and for recovering from hard drive failure. It offers a ton of features and works better than any of the other backup software I've used over the years.
ConsIt can be difficult deciding what version of the software you might need. You might be tempted to go for the advanced version (more expensive) of the software but most people will likely be fine getting the standard version that still has a ton of awesome features.
September 14, 2018
Richard W.
IT Mgr
December 27, 2017

“Great imaging tool, with encryption and password protection options.”

OverallGreat backup and restore software with great security options.
ProsThis is a good software for Backing up and restoring computers. You can create an image of a computer and even restore it to a totally different brand computer as long as you have the drivers. It has secure options like encryption and password protection which is nice.
ConsThi software does everything that it says it does. We did have an issue once with HP computers but after updating the the latest build it fixed the issue.
December 27, 2017
Kurtis B.
Host
Media Production, 11-50 employees
July 25, 2018

“Great Features But Hard To Use And Harder To Get Support”

OverallWe're able to back up, clone, and recover our machines even in the event of a catastrophic event.
ProsAcronis is for the most part the most comprehensive and well designed bare image backup and recovery tool. Everything you would need to clone and back up your hard drive/system is there. and for the most part easy to use.
ConsAcronis can be unwieldy at times. There was certainly times where I felt frustrated trying to do a simple task and it wasn't as well laid out or as well designed as it could be. Also Support takes weeks to respond to tickets. I had to post on Reddit just to get someone to look into an issue seriously.
July 25, 2018
Jim H.
System Administrator
Package/Freight Delivery, Unspecified
July 16, 2018

“Great Tool But Hard To Use And Support Is Slow”

OverallWe're able to backup and restore our systems quickly and efficiently.
ProsFor a large company like ours we find that our backups need to be done frequently and extensively. Acronis has been able to give us the option to backup our systems and restore in the event of a hardware failure. It has kept machine downtime to an all time low.
ConsIt's not exactly intuitive, and the support either are slow to respond or don't work quickly enough to reach the end goal quickly.
July 16, 2018
Claudiu G.
Online Marketing Manager
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2019

“Good imaging backup”

OverallI couldn't find a replacement for Acronis (so far) and I've tested several other imaging apps - while there are some that get close (Macrium), still Acronis rules in this field.
ProsAcronis Backup allows aside the regular file/folder based backups also imaging. Basically you can create a "clone" of your entire hard drive and restore it in case something goes wrong. We also used this functionality to easily install the OS on multiple computers at once, instead of doing it one-by-one. Basically you install and configure one computer with everything you need, then you use Acronis to create an image disk and clone that onto the other computers. For file/folder backups there are other good alternatives, but for imaging Acronis is still the best choice.
ConsPrice is a bit steep, but if you need the full functionality then it's worth it. If you only need simple file/folder backups, even the included Windows Backup program will be enough.
April 17, 2019
Matt M.
IT Support Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
February 6, 2019

“Mixed feelings with this popular software”

OverallMy overall experience is mixed so far. The setup was easy, and for the few machines that it has worked with so far, it was relatively painless. But for the times that it's failed, it's left me a little worried about how it's going to operate in the future.
ProsI found that Acronis was very easy to set up. It has clearly named agents and most of them are very easy to get up and running, with a simple connection method.
ConsWe have experienced some hiccups with having this software worked. It came highly recommended from our MSP, but after the first few days it had an issue deleting VM snapshots and filled up the datastore. I have looked at the backups while "in progress" and more than once I've seen some sit there for hours "not responding" and failing to back up.
February 6, 2019
Banking, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2018

“Best Option for Small Businesses”

ProsMy favorite feature of Acronis is the ability to restore single files that are accidentally deleted by a network user, rather than having to do a complete restore to accomplish that.
ConsThe initial backup of our two servers took several weeks. Acronis does not offer the option to do a physical backup and send it by carrier for the initial backup.
December 14, 2018
Rickell M.
Database Admin
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees
April 19, 2018

“Acronis Backup also provides tools to backup smartphones, including Android and iOS devices”

OverallUser-Friendly. All information is readily accessible in a way the flows ni
ProsFast backup speeds, Private encryption. It has lots of features and support for virtual environments, which is why it's our best pick for virtual backup. It also advises if backup was successful and if not, where the error lies.
ConsIt doesn't have any two-factor authentication which is a plus to have. Being able to create backups on removable USB hard drives that are taken away for offsite storage when full could be better. You can make it happen but the process doesn't feel as smooth as the rest of the software
April 19, 2018
Kevin Y.
Owner/ 1 Man Army
April 1, 2018

“Love this Program, Catch it on sale and its even better.”

ProsAcronis is very easy to use Has a great GUI Backup to and from pretty much anywhere you want Hardware independent restore is awesome, that feature alone has saved my bacon a few times. Backup an entire machine sector by sector with a flash drive.
ConsI honestly can't think of any problem or complaint I have with Acronis, Its a great software with much needed options and it easy to use.
April 1, 2018
Chin Koon T.
Regional Director
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
June 30, 2018

“Great backup software”

ProsEver since my harddisk crashed on me a few years ago and I haven't had any backup back then, I have learnt the importance of backups. Acronis backup is easy to use and has been a trusty companion to my important data.
ConsThe cost is one. Backing up to the cloud can be made seamless and easier. Other than that, no other negative feedback.
June 30, 2018