ResourceMate Ratings

Overall

About ResourceMate

Resource Library Software designed for Churches, Synagogues, Schools, Non-profits, Museums, Prisons, Professionals, Corporations, etc. "I hate to sound like a fanatic..but I am. I am so impressed with your software. Congratulations on an exceptional product and a loyal company" Janine Walters, Director, Center Point Library Learn more about ResourceMate

Steven O.
Librarian; Church Warden
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2019

“Declining Pertinence--Rising Costs”

Overall The benefits were great to start with but have deteriorated for tiny libraries with simple needs and a volunteer staff. We've let our subscription lapse and probably won't ever renew it as your product no longer meets our needs. Too bad. I installed your system at special library where I consulted, and have recommended it to others as a consultant. Under the present circumstances I don't see how I can do that anymore. Now at the church, I'm stuck with a database that I spent hours constructing and is now useless. It's disheartening.
ProsOriginally, and this was some years back, it was easy to use, uncomplicated, and inexpensive.
Cons All sorts of bells and whistles have been added that we don't need adding needless complication. Plus, costs have skyrocketed. For example, we've opened for a paper circulation system. Why does a small church need a computerized circulation system like a public or school library? A notebook catalog works just fine for us, but even production of that has gotten complicated. I'm a professional librarian but a volunteer. I've installed networked library software in public libraries with annual circulation, but I'm not going to spend hours wading through all these features we don't need at my church. I really wish you had a stripped down program for those of us with simple needs. What the heck, you had one and you did away with it.

By Jaywil Software Development on September 16, 2019
Hi Steven, thank you for your comments and for a chance to address issues that you've been having with ResourceMate. This certainly isn't the experience that we want our customers to have! You don't have to use any of the features of the program that you don't need and you can just use it at a catalogue and print a list of all of your items (and patrons if you wish). Our annual Support cost has increased throughout the years, and for the Essential version of ResourceMate that you have the Support annual cost is $103. To help with the increase, we've included more services that Annual support provides you with, and hopefully it helps to offset the incremental increases. And Annual Support is optional, and as the church paid for your license fee years ago, there are no other fees associated with ResourceMate for you. I'll respond in length to your email address we have for you. We really appreciate your loyalty and support of us throughout all these years!
September 11, 2019
Kathleen B.
Volunteer school librarian
Libraries, 11-50 employees
September 9, 2019

“A Good Product for our School”

ProsNew materials are easily entered into the software, with online search to Library of Congress and Amazon. Barcodes and spine labels are printed with purchased supplies, and covered with protectors. It is easy to search for an entered title, and make changes if they need to be made. The price is within the available budget. The supplies have remained affordable. The students can check out their books by scanning their individual barcodes, and the staff can enter the returned materials.
ConsThe least is not an issue with software itself, but due to the Canadian location, shipping is higher than in the continental United States for supplies, especially for a parochial school with a limited budget, but we would not switch software for that reason.
September 9, 2019
Laurence Z.
Volunteer Librarian
November 9, 2017

“Very convenient in the African Post/Secondary school in which it (Essential Plus version) has been used”

OverallEase of use and flexibility
ProsEase of use, great customer support, good help manual, demo version, ease of upload of data from another software, user friendly and clear screens, ability to customise reports, labels, grid layouts, OPAC screens
Cons1) It would have been far better if the cataloguing module would have been a true relational database where the common cataloguing data (for all copies of the same book) like Subjects, Dewey, author, ISBN, title, imprint was in one table with the accession details (date purchased, price, bar-code) being in a linked 2nd table. This way a change in the catalogue table would be automatically updated for all copies of the book. 2) Accessible lists of subjects, authors, deweys (+ other authority lists) so that mistakes can easily be corrected throughout the whole database 3) Provision for bulk transfer of data across fields would also be useful.
November 9, 2017
Cathy V.
January 21, 2010

“We Love ResourceMate”

OverallIf you are a small library or any other entity that needs to have your books recorded--this program really works well.
Pros Our library is small so joining a consortium would have cost us more in annual upkeep than we have allowance for books. I looked at many products before I chose ResourceMate and tried them out to see how they ran. ResourceMate out preformed them all. I was going to try the free software that is available but it is not as easy to use as this product. THAT is how much I love ResourceMate. We plug in the ISBN and all the information comes up. Now, we still have to look that over because the information coming from the libraries may not be correct--but we do not have to wait an hour for the data to appear. Whenever I needed help the customer service people have gone above and beyond normal customer service, working on the problem until there was a solution. I really appreciate the shared screen, I learned a lot with those invisible hands taking over the screen and showing me the way.
ConsGetting our collection online has proven to be difficult. I think there must be an easier way to do it but since I'm not a programmer--there you are.
January 21, 2010
Constance K.
Principal
Education Management, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2019

“Holy Cross”

ProsIt is so very easy to use. The set up was easy, the renewal process is easy, too. Our teachers have an easy time using it even though several are not very tech savvy.
ConsSometimes it doesn't seem to like the input. Then it is hard to figure out what to do.
August 6, 2019
Maryann D.
assistant director
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
July 30, 2019

“superb customer service”

OverallWe recently lost our connection with RM and we were down or three weeks Your representative did everything he could to correct the problem and eventually he did We thought for a lot of time the problem was at our end but it was not. The fault lay with RM was extremely patient and helpful throughout the process
ProsThis is our first experience with library software so we have nothing to compare to
ConsMany features missing that would be helpful and difficulty getting answers
July 30, 2019
Kurt R.
retired
August 2, 2017

“installation was a breeze”

Proswill test shortly. loved resourceMate 3.0. will let you know if we run into problems. very happy with service when needed
Consfor us, too much flexibility. many options that we don't need, since we are a retirement home library.
August 2, 2017
Bettyann H.
librarian
January 12, 2010

“Resource Mate lives up to its name”

OverallWe looked at several library software products and consulted with staff from several small libraries before we chose Resource Mate. It's been a terrific purchase for how we operate now, and for the future as our school grows.
ProsThe "resource" in Resource Mate: our small school library has been improved by the rejuvenation of our information base on each book. We can catalog three times the data in one/tenth the time. The "mate" in Resource Mate: training from available materials and the live chat have helped us learn the program and make it practical to our specific needs.
ConsThe printed guide that comes with the software could be more detailed. However, when we can't find the answer in hard copy, the live chat help has always addressed our needs with patience and specific answers.
January 12, 2010
Fr. Sergius G.
Librarian
March 3, 2010

“ResouceMate is Great for Smaller Institutions”

OverallI would without reservation recommend this to any small institution that has a library of books, periodicals, music, etc.
ProsAfter investigating several options, I am very happy that we chose ResourceMate for our small library of around 10,000 volumes and periodicals. It is an easy program to use and the support is excellent. The feature of being able to download records from other libraries makes life very easy for a part time librarian!
ConsIn the beginning there was problem with the program freezing up or constantly notifying me "This record has been changed" and the only way to fix it was to refile the data. This minor flaw seems to have been fixed.
March 3, 2010
Alice B.
Library Assistant
July 7, 2014

“Great Product--Great Service”

OverallWhen I took over the job of library assistant, one of my first tasks was to find a cataloging system that would fit the college's needs. The task seemed quite daunting until I found your product. You can imagine my elation to find such quality and value combined in one system! That was in 2008 and since then I have logged more than 6,000 items with RM. I have been very satisfied with both the software and the customer service. That rarity alone is applauded and appreciated in this computer age! Resource Mate is exceptionally user friendly, easily adaptable to fit individual needs, expandable, and value-minded~what more can you ask for in a product?
July 7, 2014
John T.
July 18, 2014

“Nobody is Perfect”

OverallI have worked with ResourceMate from its DOS version to SQL. I know of no other reasonably priced solution to library software of similar quality. We are a law firm that has purchased software from numerous software vendors over the past 35 years including some of the largest companies in the U.S. We have found ResourceMate support to be quick and efficient (unlike some of our other vendors). We have no complaints about the product. Our wireless scanner makes checking in and checking out easy.
July 18, 2014
November 16, 2017

“Both the product itself and the customer service have been excellent. ”

OverallValue for money; easy to use by staff at all levels.
ProsGreat value for money and suitable in scale and complexity for the needs of a small library. ResourceMate is very accessible for staff at all levels and staff particularly appreciate the ISBN lookup function. Most important of all, the customer service has been unparalleled. I would recommend this product for any small library.
ConsThere is very little NOT to like about the software. Staff have found it easy to use and very suitable for the purpose.
November 16, 2017
Sheellah K.
Librarian
January 14, 2010

“Pleased customer!”

OverallResourceMate is absolutely wonderful! I am very pleased with both the product and the technical support. ResourceMate offers many features and they are all easy to understand and use. I am very happy that I made the switch to ResourceMate and would highly recommend this product.
ProsVisually pleasing. Easy to use. Friendly, helpful tech support. Affordable.
ConsI do not have anything negative to say about ResourceMate.
January 14, 2010
Sharon T.
January 7, 2013

“owner”

OverallWould not recommend anyone to use it as there are so many good optiions outside.
Prosbetter than just paper records
ConsThe categories that they have for books, tapes etc are not enough. the worse is about their customer care service. there was an error message that showed up about liscence expired (but liscence actually doesn't not required at all) and they made me pay $80 just to figure out why that window poped up.

By Jaywil Software Development on January 8, 2013
The customers support had expired in October 2008. The support issue took place in June of 2012.
January 7, 2013
Nehmi P.
Mr.
October 13, 2010

“Just What I'm Looking For”

OverallExcellent.
ProsImports MARC records seamlessly by using ISBN
ConsDoes not accept payment by Western Money Transfer.
October 13, 2010