brokerWOLF Ratings

Overall

About brokerWOLF

Lone Wolf Technologies provides North American real estate brokerages with solutions to integrate and automate brokerage accounting and business management functions, improving performance, operations and profitability across the entire firm. Learn more about brokerWOLF

Sheri M.
Accounting Director
March 19, 2019

“Accounting Software that works for our small business”

OverallI have used Brokerwolf for 13 years and I never stop learning a new and better option for my work flow. Updates to the system are completed within a good timeframe. The ease of use by having menu options to follow and to have custom "Favorite Options" for a 1 click and you are at the screen you need to use. One system allows for overall Company financials or by Branch. One system that allows you to produce reports for 1 agent or mulitple agents. I appreciate Brokerwolf allowing the users to offer ideas and suggestions that will help our Company and hopefully others. I like the open forum for changes / upgrades to the system. Reading ideas/suggestions from other users from all over is a very nice feature, and I have actually learned processes from other users.
ProsReconciliation between Brokerwolf and Bank statements...Brokerwolf produces a screen with every deposit and check/EFT processed in the system. Comparing the Bank statement to the reconciliation is easy and just clicks away. You can use the reports created within the system or create your own reports with regards to Transactions, Listings, Outside Broker information, Agents, etc. The system produces financials for the Company as well as Agents. You can compare prior years and create a budget for the current year. There are so many well laid out reports within the system and it just takes a couple of clicks and you have the report. 1099 reports are calculated and can either be printed or emailed to there distination. There are reports to reconcile the 1099's for accuracy. Brokerwolf has an outstanding customer service team whether over the phone or by email through the system where you can attach items for research. The team is there to help with issues and help you solve problems quickly and easily. They suggest better senerios on how to use the system or produce reports.
ConsThe Community for which ideas and suggestions is wonderful, but Brokerwolf also uses it for fixes to the system, which as a user and client, I feel issues and fixes need to be separate from ideas and suggestions. No need for me to wait a year for an actual fix to the system that I need now. I am not sure if The Community is utilized to it's fullest potential by Companies that use Brokerwolf. I think Lonewolf as a Company, is trying too hard to work on other potential websites for their new software ideas. I understand the competition piece, but fix what is broken and then move on to your next, lastest and greatest idea....Transaction Desk.
Doran S.

“Brokerwolf is Awesome!”

OverallThis has really helped us to see exactly where our $ are going. Love that it is transaction specific. Holds us and our agents much more accountable. Being able to project sales and volume, keep track of agents individually- we had never had this option before 2015 and it has been an eye opener. We now rely on this type of info to adjust accordingly- problem areas and such. The ability to look up specifics for just about anything is fantastic, from vendors, to GL codes to Agents and groups of properties- just love it!
ProsThat it is real estate specific. Hated quickbooks! Integrated accounting- everything must go through Brokerwolf. Forces us to be better record keepers. Reports Ability to create a specialized report.
Cons1. Using The Community to solve issues. Very difficult to explain exactly what is needed and get a decent answer.Sometimes the question is just too technical. I would say maybe half the time using the Help option and submitting an online help request is truly helpful . I end up calling to speak with someone anyway. 2. Having reports is fantastic. On the other hand there are so many reports in this program, I can't figure out which one to use sometimes. I keep a detailed list of several different reports of what works for our company. I know there are other reports in Brokerwolf that would probably be helpful, but I don't have the expertise to figure out what they are. And looking up key words in Help doesn't get me very far. I usually end up calling in. 3. Recently I had to modify a custom report that was created a couple of years ago. Spent quite a bit of time on the phone with the very WONDERFUL Customer service rep (after getting no where in Community) and she was having just as much trouble. Come to find out, the field we wanted to include in the custom report ( tax roll #) isn't an available option from which to include. I think she was as frustrated as I was. She finally was able to figure out a solution to get around the issue. Of which I am eternally grateful. I really needed that report. Bottom line, I just don't feel it should have been that hard. Why wasn't that field an option when all the other fields were? Makes no sense. She earned her paycheck that day.
Delia S.
Operations & Finance Manager
March 15, 2019

“BrokerWolf at a Commercial Brokerage ”

OverallThere is not a lot of competition out there and the few I have tried were worse, but I see there are a few more competitors and a new brokerage I am aware of is using one of the new companies. I am watching to see how that goes.
Pros-That accounting is tied together with the deals making the financial side of things easier -Screens have same look and feel -Bank recs I like in this system -Reporting isn't bad but wish it was simpler to build what you need.
Cons-It doesn't play well with other platforms such as Salesforce so we duplicate efforts -I don't know why, but Lone Wolf which I will call LW going forward cannot calculate source deductions from benefits that we pay staff - RRSP's and or health benefits, so this is something I have to manually calculate and manually fix for anyone receiving benefits (Staff only) - seems counter productive to having a computer program to me. While I am talking about payroll, why cant I tab around to different fields in the deductions. I press tab all the time but it won't take me to the next box. -When creating the EFT transmission file in 5E1, I create the file early as the bank direct deposit requires a work around to actually work -If we make a change in a deal to the commission or accidentally double tap the date on the commission tab, all the agent info for the payout changes. That should not happen -When updating people (lets say there is a typo in a name of a person) and you go in to correct it, LW asks if you want to update all deals, we say yes and then the deals are not updated. Same with lawyers. -The penny issue is an ongoing headache -Cloning a deal is virtually useless but if it worked better it would be valuable to us -Customer service used to be great - that has gone downhill with tickets and files getting dropped or passed to multiple people and the answers by email are not always easy to understand even if you know the software fairly well...and more that wont fit
Liz F.
Sales Secretary
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
August 22, 2019

“BrokerWolf”

OverallI can do my job faster and more accurately. I don't have to depend on anyone else to correct an error and my work gets done quicker. If you have to wait for admin to correct something, it could take all day so I love this feature. I just love this program.
ProsThis program is so easy to use. You just enter your information and it is done. If you make a mistake in entering the information, it can easily be corrected, you don't have to wait for someone else to correct it for you. You can't go wrong with this program. As well, it saves all your files and if you need to look up something you did from last year or earlier, it's there just by putting in the address. So many different ways you can research a file...i.e. buyer, seller, address, street #, date, agent etc. I love the reports. You can customize them for exactly what you need. (I would love to have one for my household bills etc.)
ConsOnly one thing ... and that is from today. They recently changed the colors on the screen from the original to blue areas, which took a little getting use to but it worked. Today they changed the format to all white background. The blocks turn blue when you go to type in them but the overall white really hurts my eyes. I had to turn the brightness down on my computer screen and by doing that, it made it not as clear. The bold print is okay on the headings, however, the lighter shade of black is hard to read for me. I liked the format better. I guess once I get use to it, it will be okay also. Other than that, I love the program.
August 22, 2019
Deborah L.
March 19, 2019

“Likes and Dislikes of Brokerwolf”

OverallIf it were not for this Real Estate software the job of tracking Listing and Sales as well as Realtor information would be quite cumbersome and most statistical reporting would be lost.
ProsThe software is easy to use and is structured quite well for our office use. We have a small office but quite active and setting up new Realtors or Listings or Sales information does not require a lot of effort. Once information is entered into the system, the number of statistical reports available on how the company is progressing throughout the year and comparisons to previous years is numerous. You have the capability to create your own reports as well which is a bonus but not that user friendly. This software is widely used within our Real Estate community which allows us to communicate with other Brokerages whom are involved with our sales reporting from a commission perspective. Also, our accountant is familiar with the various reports Brokerwolf provides which makes it easy to produce accounting reports required for year-end reporting.
ConsI do not like the fact that the "Help" menu to look up items does not work within the system. Also, I had requested a change to the main "Office" report which would show the e-mail addresses rather than the Fax number which is quite archaic now. I find that even though there are plenty of pre-set reports, to have a change made falls through the cracks.
Brenda P.
July 6, 2018

“Pretty good program, there is a few features that I find a bit cumbersome.”

ProsIt is fairly straight forward when it comes to managing your listings and sales transactions. Fairly easy as it is mostly data entry based, the program does all the calculating as long as your info has been entered correctly. Support has been really good, I prefer to call rather than email support, usually I need help right away because it is usually something I need to fix before carrying on.
ConsThere is a few things I find cumbersome, I find it hard to search and find specific things I am looking for, the top titles have to be clicked on to search for a specific thing and that method is very inefficient, it doesn't always work. In a sale the commission I choose does not stay, if I choose no commission plan to enter a flat fee it always reverts back to 7/3, constantly have to fix. Little things in the letters need tweaking, I have tried to figure out how to fix but do not find that easy. Just little things. Support changed to encourage more email and producing a ticket, but I find that difficult because most of the time I just need a quick answer, so I still continue to call in for help, and most of the time that is very helpful. I must say, I have worked on the program for over 8 years and I was just taught by previous administrators on how to use, so there may be things I have never learned that might make the program more efficient.
Ana P.
Broker of Record
July 9, 2018

“Lone Wolf has made it feasible for me to handle my own accounting without hiring additional staff.”

ProsIt keeps the office organized from front end to back end. I know when an agent has loaded a property onto mls and love how it feeds into the system alerting me that I need paperwork from that agent. It is not difficult to use and the training and customer service is unbelievable. I trained for 2 weeks and am able to provide my accountant with all completed year end documents. this significantly reduces the accounting fees. I also like the fact that the system is being backed up on secure servers and lessens the risk of loosing information by failing to back up. The system also has certain measures in place to remind you about Fintrac compliance and other REBBA compliance related alerts. Trade record sheets are a breeze to prepare along with other features related to payroll and performance tracking for the agents and office. I cant really imagine how I would function without it!
ConsWhat I like the least is the fact that there isn't a section with terminology that relates to leases. (references to Landlords and Tenants would be nice) It would be less confusing when training new staff. Same with "listing Side" and "Selling Side" (it sounds like the same thing) it would be clearer as "listing Side" and "Buying Side". Other than the terminology I really don't have any other complaints.
Penny F.
July 11, 2018

“I have used this software since 1994.”

ProsThe pros of using LoneWolf is it's ease of use. From setting it up initially, using it day to day and completing the year end. The accounting interface is the best. Balancing bank statements is so efficient. Real Estate transaction sheets provide the agents with all the information they need. They also like the various reports that I can produce for them. The broker also is happy with the reporting that can be obtained. Updating the software is quick and easy.
ConsSupport is not as good as it used to be. I liked the option of calling a representative with questions. I currently have a problem that they have closed again without fixing the problem. Their problem is they are not understanding my problem. It is now a joke all my peers at other brokerages and I laugh about. Sometimes the updates drive me crazy. Logging onto Lone Wolf is cumbersome now. The broker absolutely hates the password rules.

By Lone Wolf Technologies on July 16, 2018
Hi Penny, Thanks so much for your honest review of your experience thus far! We really appreciate that you touched on what's going well and where we could improve. Glad to hear you're enjoying the reports. I've left a note for your Client Success Rep (John) to connect and see how he can help with those recent support communications. Thanks again Penny! - Rebecca
July 11, 2018
Real Estate, Unspecified
July 3, 2018

“I have been using Lone Wolf for over 14 years, this is the best real estate software I've ever used.”

OverallI learn a lot as I am using the software, in both real estates and accounting.
ProsIt's easy to use and very user friendly, everything syncs to Wolf Connect and Broker Wolf by just a MLS number and you don't have to retype most information, which saves us a lot of time. Wolf Connect allows agent to book online appointment at their end which avoids any miscommunication between the office staff and agents. Lone Wolf Community is also a great feature, support team guide you through your problems step by step by providing screen shots of how, what, where you should enter the figures/info. If your matter is urgent and you can't wait, just give the support team a call and they will resolve your problem over the phone right away. From booking appointments to deal closings and accounting, Lone Wolf does it all with no hassle!
ConsWolf Connect sometimes take 15-20 seconds to load up the screen during appointment booking (after I have typed in the property address), which I think the wait time is a bit too long especially when you have other lines on hold. The system should pop up the property address right after it's being entered.
July 3, 2018

“I can go on an on about how amazing the customer support is! They are really knowledgeable!”

OverallHow to run reports, how to enter the deals into the system.!
ProsI've joined the real estate industry just over a year ago, and have been a deal administrator working at Rego Realty Inc. This tool has tremendously helped me in my role as well as to help run reports to determine how well agents are doing, as well as how the company is doing. The customer service has been fabulous every time I call in. The customer service representatives troubleshoot and ask questions while they figure out the best possible solution. They have emailed me detailed instructions of how to fix an issue I have had while I continue to document the valuable information that they give me ! Thank you for your amazing customer service and for being so patient, and friendly on the phone! Much appreciated!
ConsI wish there were more free tutorials as to how to use the software. I feel that with more tutorials, I will be able to have a better understanding, and also try to find the answer for myself, instead of calling in for support. In order to update a contact, like a seller or a buyers information, I wish they would auto populate or update each deal automatically instead of having to go into each deal to update the contact information. There may be an easier way, but I still don' t know
Barb C.
July 4, 2018

“Excellent program design specifically for real estate.”

OverallThis software is the main focal point in my business. I'd be lost now without it. When I started I used ledger books to post entries, what a difference a few years can make. No more going over ledgers when you are out by a few cents. It basically does most of the work for you!
ProsEase of use. The different components all work together to provide everything you need to run your real estate business efficiently. We receive regular updates throughout the year, things that help our business run smoothly. Lone Wolf listens to the companies using their products, this is huge. After using two other programs this one is by far the best. I have recommended it to many other real estate offices. In this business that changes on a daily business, you require the best up-to-date equipment to work with...and this, in my opinion, is it! I have used Lone Wolf for over 20 years. I've watched it grow and change and as our business has done the same.
ConsWould love to see an advertising program as part of the listing side, something that could be used to submit to the newspaper or other means of advertising.
Cheryl W.
July 6, 2018

“This is an excellent program designed specifically for real estate”

OverallThe best benefit is time saving. It also makes it just about impossible to make an accounting error which is easy to do when posting manually in ledger books.
ProsThe best thing about this software is that it is easy to use. The program itself has evolved over the years (I've been using this program on and off since 1992) but the basics are still the same. I have used other real estate/account software but Lone Wolf is the best. All the updates come to you to automatically which makes it super easy to stay up to date. Support is always available to help should I run into an issue. They even send me screen shots so that I can easily fix the issue. This program provides us everything we need to run our real estate business efficiently and effectively.
ConsMy only issue is that once you post an invoice you need to reverse it if you make a mistake in the amount, date, etc. Then when you go to enter it again it won't take the same invoice number. Which is a good thing except when it is a re-enter. I believe they are working on a solution for this.
Jill M.
Administrative Assistant

“Brokerwolf Review”

OverallOverall, fine, but I really would prefer the option to call the Cry Wolf number and speak to someone in real time as my issue is occurring instead of having to put it on hold and then come back to it.
ProsI like the ease of use, it is simple, and smartly designed
ConsThe customer support. As a Lonewolf/brokerwolf user for 12 years, I preferred being able to call 1-800- cry-wolf and get one of your extremely knowledgeable support staff help us out. We've used the software since support agent sold it to us. I know she is no longer with your staff, but that whole era was so wonderful. I don't like the Community system. I prefer the phone support over waiting for an email response. Yes, the emails are friendly and helpful, but I find it a little cold.

By Lone Wolf Technologies on March 26, 2019
Hi Jill! Thanks so much for sharing your perspective! I'm really happy you're happy with what the system helps you accomplish day to day. I wanted to mention that phone support is still very much available. We have several options to access our support team - phone, email, brokerWOLF Support Request Form, and our new live chat service. So feel free to give us a call if you need help! Cheers - Rebecca
Timothy W.
Director of Operations
July 16, 2019

“Keep increasing price but lots of features”

ProsI has so many reports that you can pull. Lots of ways to structure the information it holds. It does a very good job for brokerage analytics.
ConsIt is a little clunky sometimes utilizing Canada terminology over USA terms. They also continue to increase their standard pricing regularly.
July 16, 2019
Kim P.
Account Manager
July 5, 2018

“I was new to Lone Wolf. It's the perfect program for real estate offices! Support is outstanding!”

ProsThe best thing about Lone Wolf is the ease of closing transactions. The program calculates everything for you in a real estate transaction. It easily pays the agent, calculates the amount owed to your brokerage, the amount for BHHS and any other expenses such as paying another vendor in the transaction or a referral fee. It is easy to receive commission payments and the commission reports are spot on. You never have to calculate anything. The instant support via the Community Resource center, emails and telephone is none that I've ever experienced with any other program. Lone Wolf is a complex program, but the more you use it and get the support you need; the more helpful it is and the easier it becomes. Overall is a super fun program to work with that does just about everything for you!
ConsThe least favorite part of Lone Wolf for me is the challenge of creating customized reports. There are numerous amounts of reports with in the software, but it's not cut and dry. For example the P&L and Balance sheet are obtained through "Accounting F/S". The P&L and BS are located here. Along the same line, if I wanted to find a specific figure, it is challenging to locate that. However, with that said, you can always get in touch with support.

By Lone Wolf Technologies on July 19, 2018
Hi Kim, It's truly rewarding to read feedback like yours! We love hearing that you're having fun in the brokerWOLF program. We look forward to continuing to provide you with great customer service and a great product :) - Rebecca
July 5, 2018
Tina D.
Finance Director
March 22, 2019

“BrokerWolf more Real Estate friendly than Accounting friendly”

OverallOverall I like BrokerWolf and will recommend it to other real estate firms to use. Their support team always comes through with an answer or solution to a question or problem, but sometimes they can be slow on their response or fix.
ProsIt incorporates my real estate needs for keeping track of my agents production and my accounting/finances without having to use two separate programs and having to enter my transactions twice.
ConsThe accounting portion of the software is not very flexible and can be cumbersome when trying to research or look up an older accounting entry. It would be really helpful if there was a "find" feature that you could use to look up information/notes that you put in the memo section of a check. There are a lot of real estate bells and whistles that I don't use (ex. property details, showings, etc.) and not very many accounting functions for searching for particular information by check #, memo, dollar amount, etc.
Maria R.
July 6, 2018

“Hard to understand at the beginning but with practice it becomes your best resource ”

OverallThe best way to manage Agents, Transactions and Vendors, all in one place!!!
ProsThe amount of reports that you can get. When setting the program, it is nice that your trainer will customize it so you can understand better where to go base on what you are doing. I love that you can manage your Agents but also closings from their Transactions plus you can manage your Accounts payable all in one place!. Customer service is my favorite thing., you never feel alone, they always answer your questions in an easy way and help you until you accomplish what you want.
ConsHow complicated the letters and numbers from the menu option seem to be. After learning what each number is for, everything starts to make sence

By Lone Wolf Technologies on July 19, 2018
Hi Maria, Great to hear from you! Thank you for your review and kind words about our support team. We're happy to be a part of your day to day operations and supporting your business. Thanks for sharing your experience. - Rebecca
Gisele P.

“I love this program...”

OverallThe ability to easily create a listing or a transaction from the beginning to the end.. being able to ensure that all our transaction are accurate and the ease of managing our financial accounts.
ProsI have been working with lonewolf for the past 10years for different Brokerages, and I recommended Lonewolf to the current Brokerage for which I`m working for. I can honestly say that this is the best program for Real Estate that I have worked with over the years. I would and have recommended this product because it is easy to use, it offers everything a Real Estate Brokerage needs to run effectively. I especially like the training section of this program, as you can easily use this section without affecting your actual business accounts
ConsThe size of the screen.. I wish it could open to the size of my laptop screen.. Other then that I can not say anything else is wrong with this program
Sylvia L.
July 3, 2018

“Takes all the pressure off figuring commissions!”

ProsThe program is simple to navigate. It figures the agent's commission, company dollar, referral fees and any other deduction even to fractions of %'s. It keeps up with year to date commission the agent has earned and automatically transfers to information to Coldwell Banker web site. The program posts the pictures easily from source of photos. Also, posts to many different web sites helping our company to get our listing out there to the public.
ConsI cant really think of a hundred words for the cons of the program. I don't like the way the report always seems to pop up in the middle of my work stopping everything until its finished. And during our last audit we discovered there were a few listings that didn't get transferred the way they were supposed to of coarse costing our company money but other than that there really isn't any other problems I have encountered.
ANGELA B.
August 13, 2019

“Great for Brokers”

OverallOverall I really like BrokerWolf. I couldn't run my company with out it. It keeps me on track with daily tasks. I can easily keep track of all of my agents production, and run a variety of reports to help the business. It is great that they have teamed up with RE/MAX, so that my monthly reports can just be uploaded to corporate. I would recommend BrokerWolf to other agencies.
ProsEasily track production. Easy for set up and cut checks for agents, and vendors. Helps to keep business flowing. Easy to customize. Has some really good report features. It is linked to RE/MAX for uploading monthly reports and statistics.
ConsSome of the features are not compatible for our business. Training from the company is a joke, better off training your self, then asking questions when you need. Pricing continues to go up because of added features, that we don't use.
August 13, 2019
Trudy C.
Conveyancer
Real Estate, 201-500 employees

“Suggested changes ”

OverallI received over the phone training about 8 years ago. I know nothing about Lone Wolf. After about 1 1/2 days of training I was able to work the system on my own. Working with the listings, the trades and the office accounting. I have zero accounting training but Lone Wolf has made the office accounting so easy for me to use. It works well and yes I would recommend it.
ProsThe various reports and the ability to create your own reports. (T.C.2) The extensive help features. The "Training Mode" feature - has been extremely helpful. Would not have been able to learn new procedures without it.
ConsI would love the Help Features to be much clearer. They used to have a column down the right hand side and this has now changed making if more difficult to find the help I need. Your help features have always been fantastic. I had only limited training but using your help I have have been able to navigate you system very well.
July 6, 2018

“LW has been diligent and proactive in working with us.”

OverallBusiness Management
ProsI like the Integration the LoneWolf software allows with other systems and the subsequent time savings it allows for our staff. This, of course, results in a cost savings. Additionally, I like that this system allows us to assign access to different users according to what their role is within the company and what they are responsible for managing. This system is one of the few that allows for multiple office management. In the event that there are issues in the data, I like that Lone Wolf staff works proactively with us to correct the issue and to locate the source of the issue.
ConsAlthough the integration is better than other competing systems, it still is not as complete as I would like to see it. Additionally, I find it challenging to locate the reports that I want to run.
July 3, 2018

“This software is everything I need to do my job and more. I always feel in control and organized.”

OverallIt is the only realestate specific software I have ever used in my position, but it does everything I need and more so I have never even considered looking at anything else.
ProsEvery task that I need to complete in my day can be easily performed. The program was easy to learn to use and the help menu clearly covers any task I am not familiar with. My owners and our realtors are thrilled with how easily I can pull up any report they need in just minutes. In an office of 30+ realtors keeping organized is key, and I always feel well organized and in control with this program. The hosted site allows us to be worry free about losing any data. And the customer support is easy to access.
ConsI truly have nothing negative to say. Other than the occasional update that has caused a brief disruption to my day, the program has always done everything I need it to.
Laurie L.
Accounting manager
March 15, 2019

“Accounting review of BrokerWolf”

OverallOverall I love the software, it has made our accounting very easy with all of our account payable and receivable in one place. I would highly recommend using brokerwolf.
ProsI love the ease of the software it is very user friendly. We are able to pull reports at an instant. I use the software to pay our agents, do their 1099's, we pay all of our payables through brokerwolf, all of my bank recs are also done through brokerwolf. It is very nice to have one software that will do all of those features for you.
ConsI wish we were able to increase the font size when we are in lonewolf. Also there are a couple of support issues I have found using the software, I have sent them to support and the fixes are not yet available.. They have been sent to the IT department I wish those could be addressed quicker.
Amy M.
Deal Administrator
March 20, 2019

“BrokerWolf”

OverallWhenever I think "BrokerWolf should add this or change this" it's already there so I really like that it's an all encompassing program and takes tons of different types of users into consideration. Staff are usually very helpful and know how to solve problems quickly when I call.
ProsLove the accounting aspect, keeps everything calculated properly, neat and organised and easy to find.
ConsNot very nice to look at or navigate. Typing is annoying, the character limits are hard to get past. I wish there was more control over types of people. Sometimes we have "tenants" and "landlords" and we have to put them in as "buyers" and "sellers" when they're not. I wish the system synced with TREB or something so that the property info would generate automatically when it's not a listing of the brokerage or synced with WolfConnect.
March 20, 2019
Vivian G.
July 6, 2018

“I find Lonewolf Brokerwolf a very user friendly program with a multitude of reports and stats ”

ProsEase of moving from one menu to another allows multitasking. We are constantly asked for information from our agents while we are working in other areas of the program. If we had to close our current window to assist our agents, this would greatly slow down our response time to the agent as well as our own work load. The support help menu is quick, easy and a response is received very quickly.
ConsI find that there are so many reports and stats to choose from that occasionally we can't zero in on the report for the info or stat we are seeking. Short of going into each report and viewing a sample before we find the one we need it can sometimes take a long time to locate the report needed. The reports are excellent though, once found.
Melanie C.
Office Manager / Bookkeeper
July 3, 2018

“I've been using the program since 2006 & I work in a real estate office and it fits all or my needs.”

ProsI work in a real estate office and when I first login into the program you can see the Agents YTD Commission Totals, Top 10 Selling Agents, Bank Balances, Deals Closing. And at the end of the year it was easy to print the agents 1099's. The program is good for billing the agents, also I like the report you can print after each closing to give to the agent so they can see the break down of transaction.
ConsWhat I don't like about the program is at the end of the year when you print all the 1099's it doesn't print the 1096 form for you, you have to manually fill the form out. Also each month when I am trying to reconcile our Escrow Account it doesn't let me post the bank service charge as a journal entry without having to post it to a transaction.
Barb F.
March 25, 2019

“Comfort yet requires adjustability”

ProsTracking requirements, conditions, closings, etc. (Downside is not having Analytics for automatic reporting)
ConsCopy and paste is not permitted, Commission amounts cannot be based on Net of HST purchase price (we sell new builds so HST is backed out of Commission base.); and letter is not allowing our new logo on top and I have since lost one standard letter format....Finally, we do not use Brokerwolf for General accounting so it would be nice to have HST received cleared out with a click of a button...lol

By Lone Wolf Technologies on April 2, 2019
Hi Barb! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate the feedback on the features you enjoy, and those that could be improved. I think our support team will be able to help with a few of those items so I'm creating a support case for an expert on that team to reach out. Cheers! - Rebecca
March 25, 2019
Linda P.

“brokerwolf review ”

OverallOverall brokerwolf is a great program to do everything from accounts payable to paying commission to maintaining Reco licenses all in one program . Makes my job that much easier on a daily basis for sure !
ProsThe software is very easy to learn and navigate once you start. The customer service that is offered is outstanding , I have been able to get answers quickly through the community, email or when I have called in to speak to a representative.
ConsI recently came to a company and had to do the initial set up of brokerwolf , I have worked in 2 other offices that use brokerwolf but the system was already in place. Coming to this company some of the set up was a little confusing and had some issues with things not set up correctly ( or maybe just not was I was used to)
Louis G.
Director - Financial Services
July 3, 2018

“I have been using the software for about 15 years and I found that it fir the industry well.”

ProsThe software does address the basic needs of the brokerage. The upgrades throughout the years did address new issues . The support was there but sometimes it took a while to understand the shortages and upgrades or changes were long in coming.
ConsCurrently, the new upgrades do not take into account the users need and efficiencies, as with the login screen. You have to enter the user name , now it is the e-mail address, and must enter it every time you long into any company. With multiple companies that is tedious and inefficient. I have a need that requires consolidation between companies and that is not available as well I have to e-mail reports to myself as apposed to sending reports to a common directory, With analytics.
Barb C.
July 3, 2018

“I love the LoneWolf program. As the only Administrator in the office it is incredibly beneficial.”

OverallI am certain that if this office did not have LoneWolf software, we would have to have a minimum of one more employee. Personally, peace of mind for accuracy, quality and speed.
ProsI like that everything is easy to use and to find. Everything is basically at your fingertips...whether it be for deals, accounting, or reports.
ConsSometimes the changes are unnecessary. I was just asked to make my UserID and password the same for all and have not been able to use the same ID and password yet. Usually one works, but another. Small things like that can be frustrating.

By Lone Wolf Technologies on July 19, 2018
Hi Barb, It¿s the little things, like hearing we¿ve made your daily workload much easier, that make us so proud! We¿re so happy to be apart of your day-to-day operations and supporting your business. Thanks for sharing your experience! -Rebecca
Lisa R.
Client Services Coordinator

“Hello”

ProsI only use broker wolf to make sure our listings and photos are in there and to add details for the listings. When the softwear works, it works great.
ConsBW looks like very old software from the 90's. Takes just a bit to load. The double sign in with 2 log ins. Somethings i have noticed in 1.1 when editing the listings in the details tab, some are check boxes and some options are circles you click. You can not erase the answer when it is a circle choice answer. You have to go and delete all the marked boxes and start over. (EX: Look at the difference in the Basement, Fireplace Count, Garage count, Sewer type, Style of home, Lot Size ect...). Information of the listings transfers could be faster sometimes.
Michelle R.

“Work made easy”

OverallOverall I would recommend this product - ease of use and time saving integrated accounting are key
ProsOnce you learn all the ins & outs of this program, it is very easy to maintain all records for accounting and data processing. I would actually say the integrated accounting in this program is the best I have used and has made my job much easier & more time efficient. Sales processing is also easy to learn and easy to train new employees.
ConsI find the software quite expensive considering all the "upgrades" and "improvements" do not necessarily reflect the work that we do or require as upgrades/improvements. And if there is something that would make a difference to my usage, it is often not important enough to generate a fix.
September 12, 2018

“Good Software”

OverallWhenever I have contacted Lone Wolf for support however, they are spectacular and work with me at every angle to be sure that we are happy and that we have no other questions or problems.
ProsI like the fact that it does everything that we need it to do and probably more that we don't know how to use as of yet. The software keeps track of all of our listings/contracts as well as commissions. I am able to print reports at any given moment that shows exactly how much has been paid to each agent, how much has been made by the company for the year and can also integrate with Quickbooks (which we have not yet utilized). Thus far, it seems to be a great product for our needs.
ConsIt is not overly user friendly and it's costly each month
September 12, 2018
Sue L.
Associate Broker/Owner
July 10, 2018

“Like the software”

ProsI was a former accountant - so I can customize where needed. Fast generation of commission checks for our agents. Easy to get docs ready for the accountant at year end. Love the Training section where you can test things before you try it and screw it up! Customer Support is wonderful - everyone is always helpful and easy to get to. Ability to interface with the RE/MAX monthly reporting to get our stats to RE/MAX.
ConsCost keeps going up and is tied to the number of agents. I don't understand the logic of price being tied to the number of agents. Software is software in my mind. For us - I know there are many more layers that we don't even use - but we're being charged to include that.
July 10, 2018
Colleen M.
July 6, 2018

“Lone wolf has been a dependable Real Estate Management System for our Brokerage.”

OverallAll in one real estate management system with many features including transactions and accounting functions.
ProsThe Lone Wolf system is an excellent replacement to the previous outdated software that our Brokerage was using. It is an all in one system for real estate transactions and accounting that puts all aspects of our business in one place interconnecting the real estate transactions with associate receivables and accounting package. It compiles all the information needed to supply our accountant with the necessary information to prepare our year end financial statements and tax returns.
ConsThe software, although easy to use most times, can have confusing inputs that are difficult to reconcile with each other.
Tracy C.
July 3, 2018

“Overall It Works Good For Its Purpose”

OverallEasy processing of day to day transactions and good reporting of business production.
ProsEasy management of listings and contracts to closings. Good Variety of Reports. Smooth 1099 generation. Customized Fees, Property Type, Chargeable Items. Agent Billing is very easy. Integrates with our franchise software and transaction management software.
ConsThe login procedure with the most recent update. Inability to store documents inside each transaction. Unable to print all escrow checks separately without going in and printing each individually. Custom reports can be flaky - would have rather seen this improved than the new Analytics. Pricing increases. Improvements and development seem to be aimed at new/other products, not Brokerwolf.
Michelle W.
Transaction Processor

“Complete Package”

OverallThe overall experience with brokerWolf is an honest 10. We recently took on a huge project to implement our very 1st TRM and not one minute of work was disrupted with the application integration into BW, it was a seamless integration. Our transaction processing time has been cut a minimum of 60%.
ProsI like the entire program - it efficiently tracks every transaction plus has an effective financial package. It integrates well with our TRM application and if we ever have any problem, the self help is usually enough to troubleshoot but if not, customer support has the answer every time.
ConsFinancial reports are so far what I like the least, but I have not contact customer support to see if the program can produce what I need.
Gwen V.
CFO
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees

“Good and not so good”

OverallThe biggest problem we have come across is the integration with Skyslope. It's very possible it could be an issue with Skyslope as well but Lonewolf has not said that. So I'm not sure really sure how to point the finger at.
ProsI think the system does an amazing job at the commission side of things.
ConsThe accounting functions and reporting could be greatly improved. Auditing features are non-existent. Reversing an invoice or correcting is non-existent. Even the new analytics system is extremely clunky and not user friendly. we moved forward with Skyslope because of the integration function and it's still not working - over a year later. There should be more ways to run the financials statements than what is in the canned reports.
Bonnie C.
July 3, 2018

“I've been using Lonewolf for many years and love the support I get when I run into problems”

ProsUser friendly and reminds you if you miss items. I also like the way it flows when completing listings and sales. How its set up to enter in Fintrac as well as the types of listings and sales. I also like the support and the screen shots that show exactly where to go and how to fix it.
ConsIts hard to find things in the search option. When I'm looking for a specific topic, and I do a search the topics don't really pertain to what I'm looking for. I like the support that we can send in the questions/challenges through request form, but I also think sometimes doing it this way and not over the phone creates miscommunication and it takes longer to get the question resolved.
TERI-ANNE P.
ADMINISTRATOR
July 3, 2018

“I have used lonewolf for almost 10 years. It is very user friendly, and a good program to have”

OverallIt is very efficient and works very well in the real estate business. It is very user friendly, and easy to learn.
ProsThe lonewolf program is very self- explanatory. I find it extremely user friendly. When I have had any questions, the wolf team is always knowledgeable and quickly answer my questions so I can get back to work. I find it is very efficient and a helpful program with its prompts.
ConsI am still getting use to the Community. I had once suggested colour in the dashboard, and at that time I did have a dashboard. Now at this office we are hosted, so we do not get the option of a dashboard. I would like to still be able to have the dashboard even tho we are hosted, and in colour!
Melissa H.
Brokerage Bookkeeper
July 3, 2018

“Very user friendly. Love this program.”

OverallAll my records are at my fingertips. I love the feature to look up a buyer/seller. I've used that multiple times, as well as the reports are great.
ProsThe ease of use. From listings to pendings to closings. Data entry is easy and feeds thru to the next step.
ConsSome reports do not incorporate the Agent involved. We tie everything to our agents so this would be useful.

By Lone Wolf Technologies on July 9, 2018
Thanks Melissa! We love your review! Thank you for sharing your experience - happy to read that you enjoy the system, and that everything you need is at your fingertips. Have you signed up for our new Lone Wolf Analytics Reporting? You can build custom reports that are relevant to your brokerage to get all the information you need tied to your agents. Let us know if you need any assistance! (support@lwolf.com) Cheers, Rebecca
Kimberly P.
Financial Services, Self-employed
August 4, 2019

“Best for Real Estate Companies”

OverallOverall I liked working with BrokerWolf. The more I used it the more I liked it. I couldn't have done without their customer support and they were all great!
ProsSoftware is amazing for a real estate office. It figures commission and breakdowns of commission splits "to the tea". Although you pay for support, it's customer service and support is top notch!
ConsThe software is challenging to learn at first. Once you get and idea of how it works, the program makes sense. However, the learning curve is large. Also, you cannot customize reports that easily.
August 4, 2019
Diane F.
Director of Operations
July 3, 2018

“Constantly learning this great product that has provided spectacular value to our organization”

OverallUse it 8 hours a day, 5 days a week to run our back office and value all that BrokerWolf has to offer.
ProsI LOVE the help provided when I am faced with a situation I have not encountered before on a transaction etc - the step by step instructions with screenshots is invaluable (and saved for future reference).
ConsWhat I like least is there are too many menu items to learn (wealth of info available, but not always sure how to use it or where to look for it). My only suggestion is that Lonewolf provide training sessions in more convenient locations - or possibly try doing interactive webinars with a limited amount of attendants that can ask questions etc.
Zoey W.
Accounting Bookkeeper
July 3, 2018

“Great software for Real Estate Accounting”

OverallI gets to experience customized accounting software.
ProsThis is a customized conveyancing and accounting software for Real Estate Business. Real Estate brokerage has different requirement of function than other industries. Lone Wolf meets the special demand and provides user friendly fuctions.
ConsUpload function for menu F.1.1 is not that useful. My software freezes when I tried to upload journal entries every time. New user name function. My new user name is my email address instead of four-letters user name. It is a minor issue but very annoying. I need to log in several difference LW every day and have to key in longer username and password each time.
Laura G.
July 3, 2018

“I have been using this program for 8 years and have really enjoyed all the reports and functions.”

OverallI am able to do everything from accounts payable, to finance, to agent support. I can easily get everything I need to submit taxes and source deductions easily to the government. I am able to print off any report from the request of the broker, and I can easily see what we have done in years past and what we need to meet or beat it. Easy to set goals for the agents.
ProsI like to see where our agents are at. What is closing, and all the reports for finance of the company.
ConsI wish it would show me what is needed to break even in the upcoming months based on budget to how many closings we need.

By Lone Wolf Technologies on July 9, 2018
Laura - Our goal is to make real estate transactions easy - thank you for sharing how our software has benefited your brokerage. It really makes our day! Cheers, Rebecca
Lori O.

“brokerWolf Software user”

OverallI love that brokerWolf has everything you could possibly need in one program. Can't wait to see our office go paperless also and then our system would be complete!
ProsI like that this software knows that you might be posting something in error and asks you if you are sure this is what you want to do. It even tells you what it thinks the posting should be. This is a great feature for new users when you can't always be looking over their shoulders.
ConsIn the beginning if there was an error made sometimes the correction of it is was a long process, but support is great and once you understand what to look for when someone has made an error it is easier.
Marie P.
July 9, 2018

“Excellent real estate software.”

OverallThis product keeps company updated, knowing exactly where payables and receivables are in payment schedule.
ProsEasy to use; from very beginning, staff were easy to understand, training was excellent; continually upgrading to meet demands of customers. Would strongly recommend product.
ConsHaven't had any concerns; if there is anything to work on, it would be to respond quicker to requests. Have had to call on a couple of items when e-mails weren't responded to in a time sensitive issue.

By Lone Wolf Technologies on July 13, 2018
Thank you Marie - we truly appreciate your recommendation. We¿re so happy to be apart of your day-to-day operations and supporting your business. Thanks for sharing your experience! - Rebecca
Allen B.
Accounting & Contracts
March 22, 2019

“Review Of Broker Wolf Software”

OverallOverall, I think the software is great and their support is second to none! I would highly recommend Broker Wolf to any real estate business.
ProsI like the fact this software is very adaptable to every real estate deal as there are many different types of transactions in this business. The software manages all accounting functions for the business including the billing for our agents, accounts payable, general ledger, bank reconciliations, and holds all the documents for each transaction. The reports available in the software are quite comprehensive, everything you need and more.
ConsThe software is not the easiest to learn as it is different from many other software platforms I have used. Training someone to know this software takes some time. The support when you have a question is excellent. I had 3 days training then support taught me the rest! I cannot say enough about the excellent support this company offers!
Diane B.
Admin
March 19, 2019

“Everything you need at your fingertips”

OverallWonderful, I've been using Lonewolf, Wolfconnect and Brokerwolf for about 10 yrs. find them to be a perfect environment for our Real Estate company and the many Agents who take advantage of this system, are ahead of the game by doing so.
ProsEase of use. The use of calendars, you can schedule ahead whether it is a showing or text. The fact there is a record of who is entering info.
ConsWhen entering Agent info, the fact that it allows multiple entries is annoying. Should only allow for changes to current entry and if spelling was wrong program should recognize error once all info is entered and let you know its a double entry.