Epitomax Ratings

Overall

About Epitomax

Web-based EHR designed specifically for behavioral healthcare provider organizations having 20 or more users. Epitomax is great for mobile workers as well as in an office setting. Use forms from our library or our team of clinicians will customize your clinical forms in Epitomax, including the workflows and due date rules. Epitomax is clearinghouse agnostic and ONC certified with features such as Touch Screen Signature Capture, Patient Portal, Credit Card Processing, etc. Learn more about Epitomax

Melody E.
Support Staff/Credentialing
September 7, 2018

“Function over form - does what you need but doesn't look super sexy”

OverallI work at a counseling center. Previous to using this program we had two separate databases - one for writing required paperwork and the other for scheduling. We also had tons of excel documents and various tracking mechanisms that we had to do by hand because we had two separate systems that didn't communicate with each other. Epitomax made it so that we could do everything in one place - scheduling, paperwork, generating billing, ect. It also created checks and balances - we know if paperwork isn't getting done, we don't bill unless prwrk is complete, we have functions to make sure we don't schedule clients with someone who can't take their insurance, ect. We also aren't responsible for the server maintenance. Overall, it was a great move for our business! It was a lot of work to get things set up but it was worth the investment and made us able to grow and expand. We have opened up several new site locations since starting this program and it makes it so much easier to do that because we already have a system in place. It's web based so it goes wherever we go!
ProsIt does everything you need! You can schedule appointments, do paperwork electronically, creating billing from within the system. There are tracking mechanisms and a query tool so you can get stats and information you need to track different aspects of your business. It can also be customized to what you need.
ConsThe system is not very intuitive and it has some quirks. It does so many things, which is awesome, but that makes it somewhat tedious to get where you need to go and to get things set up in ways that accomplish what you need. The program doesn't do anything unless you "tell" it to (aka set up the programming or have Epitomax staff set it up). Some of those things Epitomax staff will do in the set up process for you, but if you're an expanding business you will need to continue to make adjustments as you grow and as needs expand. Once you grasp how the program works and have the basic set up in place, you should be fine, but it's a process and takes time and money to get it going.
Jeanne S.
Clinical Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 29, 2017

“Converting to electronic medical records with Epitomax worked really well for our non-profit. ”

OverallTimely and all needed staff access to client information and treatment documentation electronically and in a online system that can be accessed at any time and any location. Ability to run reports for data enriched analysis of our programs and services, staff productivity, quality assurance, etc.
ProsThe feature in Epitomax I appreciate the most is the ability to customize clinical forms and treatment plans. At any time, our clinical team can add or delete individualized treatment plan goals and objectives. The system is not static, but set up as dynamic to change and evolve with our changing needs. We are highly pleased with the individual therapy progress note that was developed for us personally by the Epitomax forms team during our set up time. It is an elegant, use to ease form that meets all documentation requirements and serves us well!
ConsOn occasion, functionality in the system is compromised. If the software fails, it is most likely to send a user back to the log in screen when the user hits the update button on a form to save information written. Even though it doesn't happen too often, losing data and having to type what was lost back in is a great staff frustration and loses us time.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 7, 2017
Hi Jeanne, We value your feedback, thank you! Any time you have an issue, please contact your account manager and/or support so that we can assist. There are adjustments we can make to your configuration, such as making your auto-save interval smaller, that could resolve the issue depending on what is causing it. We can help your network team debug any local network issues you may be experiencing as well. Best Regards, Jennifer
August 29, 2017
Adam B.
September 14, 2017

“Customer friendly and ready to help. Excellent uptime and very few issues with the EHR.”

OverallIt has made life easier, especially during audits and medical record reviews. It has also automated a lot of systems we previously did manually.
ProsEpitomax integrates with Dr. First which is very nice and saves our prescribers a lot of time. We were able to meet meaningful use stage 1 with some effort and it has always been a great system to run reports in for these types of endeavours. If we do not know what report to run we just ask the support team and they will either find the one that works or create a new one for us to use. I love that we can scan everything into the patient record and no longer having paper charts. It saves us time, money, and is cleaner when going to find old files instead of searching through them by hand. The people that work there are great we have never had any issues and would gladly recommend (and have) psytech solutions as a company to friends and colleagues of ours.
ConsIt could be more intuitive but I could say that about most software I use. Once you learn how the tabs and code tables work things are pretty easy to set up and change at will but in the beginning it can be a bit overwhelming how much you can do. For someone that came from paper it was a tough but worthwhile transition.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 18, 2017
Thank you for the review Adam! Yes, the system is highly configurable, but I think you agree that it is well worth the effort. We will continue to work on streamlining the setup and training processes to make them more intuitive and efficient. Please let us know if you have any specific recommendations or anything you need!
September 14, 2017
Adrienne L.
Operations Director

“Best EHR ”

OverallEpitomax has helped us become fully electronic and no longer need paper records to support our electronic record. Epitomax has improved our reporting capabilities to help with agency management. It has reduced the number of billing systems we have to use from 2 to 1 and the number of support staff we need to complete the billing process to just 1.
ProsI like that Epitomax is customizable. We are able to update features and work processes to fit our agency instead of changing our agency operations to fit the software. We were able to make all of our paper forms, electronic forms easing the transition from paper to electronic. Form development is quick and painless with the customer service team. The customization options on the billing end makes it easy to meet the billing requirements of all of our payers. The customization of user roles and access is also nice. If there is not a report built to return information you need, the customer service team can usually build you a query to return the needed information in 1-2 days.
ConsUser friendliness for end-point users is not the best. There is not a way to filter electronic forms to help find all of the ones that need completion.
Angela G.
May 24, 2018

“I have been using Epitomax for over 3 years. I am a super user.”

ProsUser friendly. I think customer service has been great and the ease of doing tickets has been positive. As a super user I like the ability that I can change some things under code table. Love that I can put almost everything into in Excel spreadsheet and extrapolate what I need. Looking forward to having the ability to have go to meetings to help us get to maximize our potential.
Cons I wish I could write my own reports maybe write my own query. Sometimes I need something specific and a report may not have the column. I have learned I can ask for that column to be in the report but requires a ticket. It would be nice to have a blog. I still feel like there is so much to learn and we may be using antiquated ways for some things. Since we have been using it for 4 years a lot has changed and things may have not been set up for best use. It would be helpful to be able to consult reasonably to ensure we are utilizing it to its full potential. We tried to do the ID scan and it never ended up to be able to implement due to cost in the end.
May 24, 2018
Elizabeth G.
Director of Behavioral Health Services
February 20, 2014

“Epitomax - Outstanding customer service and value for the cost - ”

OverallThe Children's Guild currently provides counseling and medication management to 750 children and their families in an outpatient mental health center and 60 schools. Mike Kreamer, the President of Epitomax was the first person that I spoke with and I was impressed with what he had to say from the start. He explained their philosophy in working with customers and shared that they approach implementation and ongoing customization like they are your partner. I have to say that has been the experience that the Children's Guild has had from day one. We set the goal of having our electronic record functioning within a month of signing the contract. Mike and his team worked tirelessly with us to ensure that Epitomax was fully functional in time for all of our school based behavioral health clinicians to go live on 8/25/14. Achieving this goal simply would not have been possible with other electronic health record companies. All of the clinicians were able to easily learn Epitomax and after the first couple of weeks of small glitches the clinicians adapted to doing everything on the computer. The achievement of being almost entirely paperless and the fact that our billing error margin has reduced to less than 3% has made the collaboration of Epitomax and The Children's Guild well worth every dollar. The icing on the cake is that we have been able to respond to all of our referrals within 24 hours. The HELP desk is truly always available. I have had questions on the weekend that are answered within less than an hour. Susan and Christine work with you to customize all of your organizational forms, a very unique aspect of Epitomax that is not offered by any of the competitors in the same price range. The programming team including Geri and his cat coached us multiple times as we coordinated our direct billing to the payers. The system is not as aesthetically pleasing as some of the other electronic health records but it is functional and easily understandable. In my eyes the ability to customize many of the features outweighs the aesthetics. I would like to see Epitomax develop a greater ability to do more sophisticated research analysis on the data in the electronic record. I am confident that Epitomax will grow with us to incorporate our changing needs. I can without hesitation highly recommend Epitomax as an electronic health record. I believe that when you evaluate cost and product this is one of the best deals that you can find.
February 20, 2014
Barry P.
Manager of Billing & Reimbursement
Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees
May 21, 2018

“Always had pretty good success with Epitomax”

OverallCan Bill my clients
ProsEpitomax was simple to train to all of our staff. The functionality of it made it simple. Also the personal dedication and involvement by the owner to address any issues I had made me feel special. Excellent Customer Service by all. support team has always addressed any problem that I had professionally and in a timely manner.
ConsThe reports could be better. Some of them have been difficult to read and some of the Financial reports did not foot (add up) correctly. The fact that I had to make up things to put in this survey to tell you the Cons of Epitomax was certainly not what I bargained for when I decided to take this survey. By the way I also do not want the gift card because I don't need to be paid to tell you the good or the bad things about the product that I am using. I actually do understand the Purpose of a Survey.
May 21, 2018
Wendy M.
November 22, 2011

OverallHope Services, LLC has been using Epitomax since November 2009. We are a Behavioral Health organization that provides a continuum of mental health services to children and families. Our services include facility-based, office-based and community-based services. In 2009 our company began the process of looking for an EHR due to the fact that we were acquiring another company which would significantly increase our size. In preparation for the growth, we decided to implement an EHR. Our search was extensive and included about 6 months' worth of demos and research. Ultimately we were searching for a system that would allow an affordable implementation with features that could be customized to fit our organization. Epitomax was the only software that offered everything we were hoping to find - 1) Affordable implementation and service fees; 2) concurrent users; 3) remote implementation and 4) excellent customer service. Prior to implementing Epitomax we primarily used paper records and spreadsheets for all accounting. While the implementation was huge, we were able to break it down into small steps, which allowed for an overall successful implementation. We began our implementation is November 2009 and were fully functional by January 2010. Along with Michael's support and patience, we have continued to customize Epitomax to fit our ever-changing needs as our organization has grown. The customer support offered by Epitomax is its best asset! We expected that our documentation would be greatly simplified and more easily accessible by implementing Epitomax. What we didn't anticipate was the overwhelming improvement in quality assurance activities, compiling outcomes data and the simplification of billing. By implementing Epitomax we were able to reduce our Billing Process from 3 steps to 1! Our Quality Assurance department has been able to maintain its size even as we have increased our services due to the efficiency offered by such a seamless EHR. For those of you who compile yearly Outcomes Reports, you will be amazed at the data you can obtain through Epitomax Reports. As an owner of a Behavioral Health Company, I can honestly say that Epitomax has proven to be one of the best investments we have made.
Ruth O.
Medical Records Specialist
August 28, 2017

“I appreciate the customer support although sometimes I don't like the answer.”

ProsEasy to train new clinicians to enter documentation. Customer support especially for form development is outstanding. Also queries can be written to obtain data.
ConsIt has been more difficult from a billing perspective to sometimes get the program to do what we want. Sometimes I wish I could just pick up the phone to talk with someone. The Help desk works quickly although I sometimes struggle with writing my problem for their staff to understand and it takes two or three times to reach an understanding of our needs.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 7, 2017
Hi Ruth, Thank you so much for writing a review! As always, please request a meeting whenever you need assistance by either entering a support ticket or emailing or calling us. We will be happy to help. Best Regards, Mike Kreamer
Michael W.
Therapist Social work (not available below)
Fishery, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2018

“My Review, Oo Poopah Doo”

OverallNever thought I'd say this: give me back my paper file. At least I can find details quickly instead of searching through endless progress notes looking for some important information (how many kids did she say she had?)
ProsScheduler , monthly view. Review function for docs.
ConsNavigating to find certain docs in a client's file. e.g. where is the referral page; finding other's notes and doc.'s docs. Confusing dates above columns of documents (generated, due, reviewed, creation, form date); entering diagnosis - the drop down menu is to fussy, it doesn't pull up relevant diagnoses even if you put in the entire name and number. Doesn't seem to conform to DSM 5. Adding, revising, updating docs. after signature is very cumbersome; we don't even try anymore, just wait for quarterly (which is 9 pages long.) Annual reviews use original document and it's hard to figure out how to add new material. Anything that has to be amended is confusing. No help menu, or ours is disabled. No warning when system has timed out.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 25, 2018
Good Afternoon Michael! Thank you for your feedback! When looking for a diagnosis in the drop-down, please try using the '%' character as a substitution to look for a desired character string anywhere in the diagnosis description. For example, '%anxiety' will find all diagnoses with 'anxiety' anywhere in the description. For revising forms after signature, please review the How-to guide under Administration>Getting Started with Epitomax>Forms Comments/Feedback. Recent changes have been made to this functionality that make the process more efficient (ie: Epitomax now automatically changes the form status to Pending and removes all subsequent signatures for you). Please give it another try! We are working on additional documentation and training videos that will be released very soon. Please contact your Primary Contact with further suggestions for Epitomax as we would love to make Epitomax your medium of choice! Thank you! Jennifer Geiman, Director of Customer Success
Jackie J.
Program Support
September 11, 2018

“Don't spend your money on this system”

OverallMy overall experience with Epitomax has been nothing but negative. Work orders aren't done in a timely manner. We're still waiting for fixes that we've asked to be taken care of since day one of go live. Something simple like making sure we're in the correct time zone shouldn't be put on the back burner for four months. This system has caused so much anxiety for the people working in it. I'm convinced we've lost clients because of it. We had NO training from Epitomax on how to use the system to navigate it efficiently. Which in turn causes trouble for the people using it, which in turn reflects on us as an organization and turns people off from wanting to get services here.
ProsThe ease of having the record electronically versus needing to dig out a paper file.
ConsThere are so many things to dislike about this software it's hard to narrow it down. Printing out a document is a joke, there are about 10 pages to an assessment and most of that space is blank white paper. It's hard to find anything you're looking for except maybe an address. The scheduler is too hard to use. Information doesn't scrape over from one document to the next like it should. Information is way too scattered throughout the record. Basic information should be at your fingertips not hidden 10 clicks away. I've worked in many electronic medical records and this is by far the worst record I've ever had to use.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 25, 2018
Hello Jackie, I would highly recommend you contact the Primary Contacts in your organization to further explore the issues you encounter in Epitomax when they occur. The Primary Contacts enter support tickets which drive our support of your organization and set priorities. Though Epitomax can be highly customized, unfortunately, we are not able to make every change that is requested of us. Forms issues and form re-design can also be requested via a ticket. It is often the case that the recognition of inefficiencies occurs after you are live, so please don't hesitate to make the suggestions to your Primary Contacts. Finally, I will be reaching out to your Primary Contacts to further explore your concerns regarding lack of training and loss of clients. This is the first I have heard this, so I would like to explore the situation further and make any necessary adjustments to ensure this isn't the reality. Thank you, Jennifer Geiman, Director of Customer Success
Brittany L.
Mental Health Professional
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

“Product Review ”

OverallOverall I have enjoyed using epitomax. I have used sharenote in the past and it really was inconvenient.
ProsI like that it is user friendly. It gives the user the ability to navigate with ease.
ConsI didn't like that sometimes options that was needed wasn't available. I also didn't like when I typed notes that I had to update and then press refresh. It was an extra step.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 25, 2018
Good afternoon Brittany! I'm sure you have noticed by now, but there is no longer a need to refresh after update on the forms in your system as of 8/24/2018. Epitomax is now completing the refresh for you upon the completion of the update on the form. Please contact your Primary Contact regarding the options that are unavailable. If they cannot assist you directly, then they will enter a ticket and we will check into this further for you. Thank you! Jennifer Geiman, Director of Customer Success
Sara L.
QA Director
May 17, 2018

“Customer Service is wonderful! I get quick responses to questions and access to a live person! ”

ProsI love how I can use the system to collect outcomes data.! The data that I collect is able to be used to make projections for program improvement or program growth/development. I am able to have reports personalized for my agencies individual needs. I am able to measure clinical progress made by clients served. We use the system to track critical incidents and make treatment modifications based on trends/patterns and historical information.
ConsThere is so much more to the software that I don't know. I only wish I had more time to "play around" with it and try out new things.
May 17, 2018
Stefanie G.

“Epitomax Review”

ProsAll of our clients information is in one place, we don't have to have a different system for the client's information and to schedule an appointment.
ConsPatient portal is not the most user friendly especially for people who are not comfortable for computers.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 25, 2018
Good Afternoon Stefanie! Thank you for your feedback as it definitely helps to improve everyone's experience in Epitomax! If you have specific suggestions for improvements in the Patient Portal, we would love to hear them! Please contact your Primary Contact to enter a ticket to indicate your suggestions for improving our Patient Portal. Thank you! Jennifer Geiman, Director of Customer Success
Susan M.
Associate Director of Clinical Services
August 31, 2017

“I have used Epitomax for 5 years and the improvements have been very good.”

ProsThe updates have made it easier to access each tab in the client's chart. Updates to the reports and how to access them have made it more efficient.
ConsSometimes it is slow and will freeze. We do have issues with sometimes being logged out when in the middle of typing an assessment etc.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 7, 2017
Hi Susan, Thank you for writing a review! We were not aware of the issues that you mentioned here, and we would like to work with you to be sure that they are resolved. We can even assist your team in looking at your local network infrastructure to see if that could be where the issue resides. I will be in touch to follow up with you on this. Best Regards, Jennifer
August 31, 2017
Wendy R.
Director of Information Technology
December 18, 2009

“Feature rich with excellent customer support”

OverallI would recommend this package to any organization contemplating an EMR package implementation. My recommendation is based on the flexibility of the software and on customer support. Psytech Solutions is a growing comnpany that places emphasis on turning out a high quality, stable product that meets the needs of a diverse provider base.
ProsEpitomax is a comprehensive medical records/billing system that is a good fit for providers of all sizes who need to leverage technology to meet diverse billing requirements and move towards a completely electronic patient record. The software is feature rich and extremely flexible allowing customers to configure an implementation to meet almost every billing or service delivery demand. * Web based and does not require additional software to be installed on client PCs * Users can develop custom forms/reports to track organization specific data * Includes auditing features to improve the accuracy of claims and decrease the time to payment for services * Designed to accommodate electronic signatures * Available as an in house or hosted solution at a reasonable cost
ConsThe software is comprehensive enough to handle the majority of billing scenarios and this makes the initial configuration/implementation ciritial and comes with a learning curve. As with any EMR application implementation, an organization that chooses epitomax will need to devote the appropriate resources during implementation to ensure project success. Customer support provided by Psytech Solutions during and post implementation is exellent.
December 18, 2009
Syndi A.

“Epitomax Review”

OverallEpitomax has allowed our agency to combine our clinical and administrative work into one system allowing more stream lined functioning of tasks. In general Epitomax has greatly improved since we started though still in need of some improvements.
ProsAbility to pull reports for administrative use, ease of scheduling, and ability to customize forms and functions for our purposes.
ConsPatient Portal is extremely difficult to navigate. Signature function on all forms could be improved in both visual presentation and user ability.
Wendy R.
November 22, 2011

OverallVisionQuest is a national youth services organization providing a wide array of residential, community-based and behavioral health services. Prior to implementing Epitomax about five years ago, we relied solely on in-house developed billing and client tracking systems that hindered our ability to provide the innovative service offerings that are key to our strategic plan. Providing a diverse set of services requires a powerful and flexible billing and client management application. After reviewing many EHR/PM systems, VisionQuest selected Epitomax based on overall functionality, flexibility, affordability and overall value. The implementation of Epitomax went well, although quite a bit of set-up is required to mold the application to your organization. It's this level of flexibility, however, that allows Epitomax to grow with your business in an ever-changing healthcare environment. Any implementation takes both internal and provider resources to make it successful. Psytech Solutions did an amazing job leading us through the implementation process and has provided excellent customer service from day up to present - five years later. Psytech Solutions is by far one of the most competent and responsive vendors I have worked with throughout my IT career. Epitomax is replacing all of our outdated systems and has given us the power to enter into customer contracts with much more complex billing requirements. In the past we would have no way to bill for the services we are billing now. The system has helped us grow in line with our strategic vision of providing innovative services to youth and families. I would highly recommend this software for small and larger practices based on functionality/feature set, ability to scale with a growing business, and outstanding customer support.
John M.
CFO
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

“Outstanding Flexibilty”

OverallAs I stated earlier the people at Psytech Solutions are always available to meet my needs. Epitomax is not a "cookie cutter'' solution for may agency.
ProsWe have been able to adapt the software to our particular needs. If we need a specific report that isn't offered we can get it. I am continually surprised at how they are willing to modify to our needs.
ConsI really can't think of anything that frustrates me right now.
laura m.
therapist
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

“therapist”

OverallVery frustrated using this software. Software problems appears that they are never resolved.
Prosdifferent options available. there should NOT be the option to not continue if there is not enough good things to say. This is dishonest here in this section.
Conslots of software issues. VERY difficult to navitage around . Not user friendly. takes a long time to solve software issues. lots of hang ups in the dashboard section. Not a fan of this software at all. Worse software that I have ever worked with in this field.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 24, 2018
Afternoon Laura! I am definitely hearing your frustration with our software and I'd like to see what we can do to rectify this. I'm only seeing a handful of open tickets with your organization, so I'm wondering if there are issues that have not been reported to us. I will check in with the primary contact for your organization to discuss the software issues that you mentioned so that we can properly address them. I will also suggest that we schedule a training session with you to explore efficient navigation in Epitomax and the Clinician Dash Board functionality at a minimum. Finally, I will pass along your feedback on the survey administration to Capterra, the survey administrator. In everything we do, it is certainly never our intention to be dishonest. Thank you for your feedback, Jennifer Geiman, Director of Customer Success
Terrie S.
Clinical Operations Director

“Review for Epitomax”

OverallOur agency started out using the software for client records. It now utilizes the system for billing, payroll and runs reports to inform daily operations of the business.
ProsI love that this software is internet based and can be easily accessed. I also like that individual employees can be given certain permissions and access.
ConsThe software works best on certain internet browsers than others.
Jayme L.
Clinician
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

“Epitomax review”

OverallWe are solving the coordination of clinical care and clerical care for our client. Epitomax has been very helpful in organizing and providing forms for our clinicians to meet the stardards for care.
ProsI enjoy my dashboard, its very helpful in keeping track of my due paperwork, and ever overdue paperwork.
ConsThere seems to be some glitches in different clinical forms.
Amanda W.
Clinical Supervisor

“Epitomax”

OverallEpitomax is a good way to streamline medical records and make them accessible for traveling clinicians.
ProsThe software is easy to use and can be accessed from where you are.
ConsThere have been times in the past where they system shuts down and the work being completed at the time is lost.
September 9, 2018

“Has potential! ”

OverallOverall, it is pretty good. Not much down time and the update and save with each page was a nice addition.
ProsCustomization of forms to suit needs. Would love more ability to customize forms on my own.
ConsIt is very difficult to get to the previous note of a patient. It literally takes 5+ clicks to get to that note. Other programs have the ability to copy the last note so you can edit it for the current note. Medications do not always populate correctly with DrFirst integration. It would be better if DrFirst was completely integrated without having to use another stand-alone system. The overall interface is not exactly user-friendly, either.
September 9, 2018
Rebecca C.
LPC

“Epitomax Review”

OverallMy experience has been good except for the green screens.
ProsI like the various features and ability to run the productivity reports.
ConsThe green screens are difficult to read on. Perhaps if the green color was lighter or a light pink. Anything other than a green screen.
Licia S.
Client Access Associate II
September 7, 2018

“Epitomax is efficient and professional software”

OverallEpitomax is the most efficient software program that we have worked with so far.
ProsI appreciate Epitomax's ability to have all information and records pertaining to a client in one electronic space
ConsI would like easier ways to maneuver between sections of a client's profile
Melissa R.
March 6, 2013

OverallWe are a Court-ordered counseling agency. We offer group counseling for offender, for substance abuse treatment and domestic violence treatment. We only recently started using the Epitomax system. First off, we currently use an old version of DOS programming, which although old, gets us where we need to be with client information and complying with ADHS. Now that we are starting to work with Epitomax, it has been a huge change! It is much more technical. We are still in the process of customizing the system to our needs and we have not "gone live" (as Mike says). We are still using it under testing circumstances; and have not used it at our sites with clients or counselors yet. So far, it has been an interesting experience. The software itself is pretty standard as for the options they have to fill in for clients. Now that we have begun customizing we are figuring out ways to use the system, having it show our clients attendance, their payments, and balances. We are now learning how to customize our forms (intake packet, treatment plan, treatment notes) and we are looking forward to the finale in which we will be able to data enter everything during the client's group session (and not have to have so much paperwork to file away for 7 years). Mike is a tremendous help when we get stuck on something. I email him and generally get a response on how to fix the situation within a couple hours or less. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, to give further details, but againwe are just getting started. Good luck!
March 6, 2013
Chuck E.
November 22, 2011

OverallWe are a multi-specialty clinic serving children with a variety of developmental disabilities, mental and behavioral health problems and medical issues. Epitomax (we use the web-based version) has allowed us to centralize the billing for all of these services into a single system. No more spreadsheets and keying in claims across multiple websites. Now, with Epitomax, all of our claims can be batched together and processed in a single file. We process hundreds of claims in a fraction of the time it took before. Although some features do require a bit of up-front learning to achieve familiarity, the support at Psytech is fantastic. Allen, Jennifer, Mike, Jerry and the gang have been there every step of the way to provide guidance and technical assistance, including helping to correct the occasional, "oops, did I do that." We have found all of their support personnel to be friendly, knowledgeable and prompt with solutions to our needs and concerns. For a DIY type program, Epitomax provides a technical and sophisticated set of tools that are useable even for the technically un-savvy, thanks to the skilled support of the folks at Psytech. It is helpful to have an in-house person who is more technically savvy but extensive knowledge of computers is not required. We searched far and wide before choosing our solution. We found nothing that compared with the functionality and power of Epitomax for such a reasonable price tag. After a little over a year we've been very pleased. I would recommend the product to others enthusiastically.
November 27, 2018

“What Ease”

ProsI like that you have many options for information that you could possibly have for a potential client and endless places to store it.
ConsIt is a complicated system that could just be easily completed in two steps. Information is not carried over that could be and you are constantly double checking information and opening multiple tabs in order to transfer information that you wish the software would have done for you. This software is beginner version. The software is not client friendly for their portal they offer as well. Clients are constantly looking to try to complete forms that are given error messages that do not give them enough communication on what they did wrong. You need a full staff to sit with them to do the online forms, which defeats the purpose.

By PsyTech Solutions on November 30, 2018
We would value the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your feedback. We would be happy to offer training and configuration on how to best utilize the different workflows in Epitomax to make the system easier for you to use. Since the review was written anonymously, we are unable to contact you. Please email mkreamer@psytechsolutions.net, and I will work to assist you. Best Regards, Mike.
November 27, 2018
Mark L.
LPC

“Organized”

OverallI like the experience.
ProsI like how the chart is organized and how easy it is to find what I'm looking for for each client.
ConsI wish long forms like assessments and treatment plans were one continuous form rather than page after page.
Amy K.
Secretary
Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees
August 22, 2017

“I really enjoy Epitomax it's very user friendly and easy to navigate ”

OverallOrganization, easy access to charts, and I love that all the medical records are electronic
ProsIt keeps everything very organized and easy to access, multiple users can access the chart at once, only specified people listed as caregivers can access an individuals chart.
ConsIf you do one step wrong other areas will be affected, it is a program like any other that has to be learned in order to be able to navigate it.
Michael B.
MHP
September 10, 2018

“Great features, but sometimes confusing”

Overallgreat for entering notes. Confusing when you try to retreive info
ProsAbility to run reports. Ability to view all of the services i delivered over the course of a week
ConsThe difficulty navigating a client's entire record when they receive different types of service. For examples, there are several ways to get to "misc. documents" but each way may or may not bring you to the same "misc. documents"
Tami M.
Medical Records
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

“Epitomax Review”

OverallThe experince overall with Epitomax has been very delightful.
ProsUser friendly, prompt, functions are easy.
ConsWhen an function is not working correctly sometimes it takes days before the function is operational after putting in an order.
Ken S.
Clinical Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
August 22, 2017

“Very responsive and patient with the users of the software, especially first time users”

Overallease of electronic medical records, online billing and elimination of traditional hard copy payroll to include only electronic payroll reports
Prosthe comprehensive reports available to all users, these are the standard reports and not just customized versions
Conslacks off line functionality, users must be connected to use any portion of the software which can be a challenge with home and community based services
Katie H.
OPT/IIH Therapist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Epitomax Review”

ProsI like the ease of use of Epitomax, the features it has and all the things we can do with it.
ConsTakes a while to learn the system and how to do things in the software.
Laurie D.
Limited Licenced Professional Counselor
September 12, 2018

“Great start”

OverallPaperwork is streamlined and efficient.
ProsI am new to the program but am encouraged as I have just started working with it. Streamlined procedures and clear flow makes it easy to use and ultimately less time that I have to spend on paperwork. I'm looking forward to getting proficient with it.
ConsI would like a tutorial that would help me with learning all the features that it has. That may exist, I just haven't seen it yet.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 25, 2018
Good Afternoon Laurie! Congratulations on your new position and thank you for your feedback! There are several training and how-to guides under Administration>Getting Started with Epitomax in Epitomax. I will also forward you a separate email with a link to a Clinical training module that may be helpful. When you get the link via email, you can reply to me via that email if you have additional questions or if you would like additional training. Thank you! Jennifer Geiman, Director of Customer Success
September 12, 2018
Rita B.
Fiscal Intake Specialist
September 10, 2018

“Not appropritate for behavioral health agency”

OverallThis is the first paperless program we have had so the fact that everything we can get to is available without accessing a paper chart is beneficial BUT the ease of getting to the information is not there. Too many clicks to get to the area where records can be viewed. Emergency contact is in each episode and not easily viewable. Takes too long to get the program updated to workable when something isn't working correctly.
ProsI believe this program is more for medical facilities and seems like it would be very adequate in that type of clinic.
ConsNot very accommodating or user friendly for a behavioral health agency which is very different from a medical facility/hospital. Not able to customize reports. Completely at the mercy of Epitomax to create reports or get a query code.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 25, 2018
Good Afternoon Rita! There are a plethora of reports available in Eptiomax and we have certainly customized some for your organization already. However, we do recognize that we have not been able to accurately anticipate every customer's unique reporting needs. To address this, we created the query tool in Epitomax which allows our support team to write a custom query unique to your organization's reporting needs with output to Excel. This is a phenomenal tool and support service! Please check out Reports>Client Tracking Reports>Emergency Contacts Report. This can be run for one or more clients. There is also a button at the bottom of the main client record to display the Emergency Contacts Report specific to the selected client. For further shortcuts, please contact your Primary Contact to create a ticket as we will make efficiency improvements where it makes sense and sometimes training will solve the problem as well. Thank you, Jennifer Geiman, Director of Customer Success
Shannon B.
Medical Assistant

“Medical Assistant”

OverallIt makes my job so much easier
ProsUser Friendly and it has everything we need to for our duties
ConsBecause it is web based sometimes it runs slow
Ashlei W.
Oualified Professional
Mental Health Care, 501-1000 employees

“AW Qualified Professional”

ProsThe drop down option, it makes it easier to navigate.
ConsBetter titles for tabs on the top of screen.
Melissa B.
Intake Specialist
August 23, 2017

“Over all experience is good”

ProsEpitomax is very easy to use. For the most part it is user friendly and people are able to learn how to use it in a little amount of time.
ConsThere are often glitches in the system that take days to fix once a ticket is put in. More guides would be helpful.
August 23, 2017
October 2, 2018

“Epitomax”

ProsFlexibility of design; we were able to work closely with staff to program the EHR for our needs
ConsIt seemed it was susceptible to errors with non-Chrome browsers
October 2, 2018
Tonya C.
Clinical Manager

“Epitomax”

OverallIt is very user friendly. It is easy to train on. Staff is normally quick with handling issues.
Proseasy to use; information at your finger tips
ConsI do not have any complaints about Epitomax.
Nicole B.
Clinician

“Easy to use”

ProsEasy to learn and drop down menu capabilities.
ConsRepetitive on some forms like treatment plan reviews.
Catherine M.
Supervisor
Mental Health Care, 501-1000 employees
August 28, 2017

“Great system and great service!”

OverallFaster and easier billing with quicker rebills.
ProsThe ease of use and ability to reach programmers as needed. Customer support has been very attentive and quick to respond.
ConsSome times the process can be too complex to set payers and CPT codes. It can take hours to set up a new service.
Donna V.
Mental Health Care, Unspecified
April 16, 2014

“15 months later and still loving Epitomax”

ProsI like the ease of use, the fantastic support group, and the great reports. We were able to integrate our existing forms. The staff at Epitomax listened to what we needed and customized the system to our needs.
ConsI cannot think of anything for this section. As with all new software installation, there is a learning curve. The range of the curve depends on your staff's knowledge of computers, the time you put into preparing training information, and many other issues; however, the support staff at Epitomax is always there to help us through any issues.
Recommendations to other buyersDo your research. Find out what works best with your staff and industry. Make sure you have representation on your research team from all aspects of your staff (e.g, therapist, billing, management). Know your expectations of the software system you want to use. Ask Mike and his staff questions; they are great to work with and are up front about letting you know if Epitomax can meet your expectations.
April 16, 2014
Kim R.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

“Yes to Epitomax.”

OverallIt has been a smooth learn and an easy training system for new employees.
ProsVery easy to work and I like how you just need to log in once.
ConsSometimes multiple steps for simple things, but they are easy.
Elodie W.
Medical Practice, Unspecified
April 23, 2015

“It is wonderful!”

ProsIt is a quality product and the developer/owner assists all who purchase the product through a process unique to them.
ConsThe price though it isn't more expensive than any other EHR but there is nothing else to complain about.
Recommendations to other buyersAsk to for a demonstration and after that take some time to test it out.
April 23, 2015
Jearilyn S.
IIH LP
October 18, 2018

“epitomax review”

ProsI like that everything is in one place and that it is user friendly.
ConsI don't like that you have to navigate through the various episode histories to find certain documentation. I wish there was a simpler process.

By PsyTech Solutions on October 23, 2018
Good morning Jearilyn, Thank you for submitting your review. I'd like to schedule a brief meeting to review your needs. We do have a simpler process that we can share for reviewing documentation across episodes of care. It sounds like that will really help you. Please let me know when you might be available to do that. Best Regards, Mike.
October 18, 2018

“Epitomax review”

ProsI like h ow the scheduling is formatted, easy to see clts scheduled, spaces open, and easy to add/change
ConsDislike how we need to sign two parts of progress note (progress note and general narrative) in order to complete, seems like I have to enter a lot of different pages to access different information about clients, specifically clinical assessments, etc.

By PsyTech Solutions on September 25, 2018
Good Afternoon! Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear you enjoy the scheduling feature in Epitomax. Regarding forms in Epitomax, clinical forms are custom-designed per customer requirements and they are customer-tested and approved to production during the implementation. It is often true that inefficiencies in the form design and the organization workflow are discovered after you are live in Epitomax. In these cases, please contact your Primary Contact to enter a ticket for revisions on your forms and we would be more than happy to adjust your forms per the requirements of your organization. Thank you! Jennifer Geiman, Director of Customer Success
Raina B.
Therapist

“Epitomax ”

ProsThe system is organized which makes it easy to use.
ConsI have noticed that some functions do not apply to my use.